We build great online products [Ruby Experts]

We are one of the Leading Custom Solutions Development Companies, mostly acting in Digital Health, eLearning and Fintech business domains. Since 2006 we enriched our expertise, having delivered 140 projects of different scale with budgets ranging from $5k to $2mln.

The distribution of our clients covers 11 countries, including the US, Canada, Australia, the UK, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Denmark, and Belgium.

The Project Team consists of High Profile PMs/BAs with the overall experience in IT industry from 4 to 15 years, Medium and Senior level Software Engineers and QA Specialists. In addition, we have the DevOps Engineer with deep experience in Cloud Computing and Server Infrastructure Set Up and Maintenance. Our in-house Graphic Designer helps with any UX/UI issues.

Please reach out to us in any comfortable way. We always reply within 24 hours.

2006
Kiev, Ukraine

Shop2market, Storyful, SafeInHome, BeImmunized

SimpliDeferred

SimpliDeferred is a platform with the catalogue of Qualified Intermediaries within the USA. It helps both user groups - intermediaries (Qualified Intermediary owner (or manager), who are looking for a potential clients) and customers searching for a reliable agent.

From the customers' side the platform provides an easy access to reliable information with the chosen parameters about Real Estate Intermediaries with verified references and reliable rating.

For Qualified Intermediaries who want to grow their brand trust and to find new customers - this product is a lead generation and promotion tool. It offers:

• 3rd party verification of QI information and rating;
  • tool to configure and maintain extended profile to promote benefits;
  • ability to rise the visibility among other Companies using sponsorship payments

The SimpliDeferred service will also save time with providing confidence to the Tax 1031 processes.

Shop2market - AdCurve

Online platform for data feed marketing.
This is an unique space where shop owners can collaborate with channels. With just a single data feed, you are directly granted to many channels among comparison shopping sites, search engines, online market places and affiliates networks.
Application architecture is designed to hold millions of tracking requests, store and work with big amount of statistic data. Cluster of 15-20 instances is used in Amazon Cloud.

Integrated Online Campaign Management platform
- Data Feed Management
- Conversion Attribution
- Tag Management
- Data feed Driven Search
- Affiliate Management
- Campaign Optimization
- Price Watch

Technologies: Ruby On Rails, Mysql, hBase, Hadoop, Map Reduce, Capistrano, UnitTest + Shoulda + Cucumber (Webrat), Daemons + RufusScheduler, Resque, Mongo DB, Amazon Cloud (S3, ELB, EC2, Route53, EMR, EBS), Rackspace, BackBone.js (Jasmine)

Web-...

SchoolHire

SchoolHire advertises facilities across the UK that are available for hire. Whether you are looking for a swimming pool for a birthday party, football pitch for your local team, the classroom for your business or dance studio for your clients, SchoolHire will find you the facility you require.

The site has been built as a two-sided marketplace bringing together customers and venues in a more efficient and streamlined way. Each customer and venue will be able to manage their account to allow them to complete the required actions to either make or accept bookings.

The project has a complicated multi-server structure to provide the top level of security and safety. It is successfully developing in the production environment within the last year.

TestCaseLab boosts the overall performance of your QA team with top-notch
technologies, incredibly fast and responsive design. It is a low-cost and easy-to-learn product which will accumulate testing activities in one single place. Everything is simple: you create test cases, gather them in test plan and process everything in run.

Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Angularjs, PostgreSQL, redis, faye, rspec, capybara

Web-site: www.testcaselab.com

Mediaforta

Mediaforta is an advanced platform than joins together Content providers, Curators and Content Customers. It includes rich content management for Editors, Collaboration tool between editors and news agencies, integration with multiple news services.

Technologies: MySQL, .NET

Web-site: www.mediafortaservices.com

EvoLux

Evolux provides a unique service to order single or shared flights on helicopters.
It provides a convenient platform for Operators and Landing ports to increase their flight orders and manage their operations in order to bring efficiency to their business. Clients have chance to organize into groups and share flight expenses.

Technologies: Ruby On Rails, Ruby Language, PostgreSQL, stripe, munin, monit, rspec

Web-site: www.evo-lux.com

CallMD

CallMD is a custom CRM solution for doctor service via phone and online. The backbone of CallMD service is medical call center staffed by licensed nurses who coordinate all calls and ensure accuracy and quality. Additionally, CallMD's physician group comprises state-licensed MDs and DOs, providing services across all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico.

Technologies: delayed_job, rspec, capybara, CoffeeScript, Ruby On Rails, unicorn, MySQL, Ubuntu, Ruby

Web-site: www.callmd.com

ReadingWise

Readingwise is a unique online application to teach English. Patented methodology
promises to cut down over 9 months to 20 hours. ReadingWise is made up of five
different modules. Two are just for teachers or support workers – they help you deliver
the course and give you a highly effective dashboard on which track your pupils'
progress. The other three are for your students and deal with the alphabet, visual
phonics and comprehension.

Technologies: Ruby On Rails, unicorn, resque, faye, linode, capistrano, ansible, rspec, capybara,
cucumber, jQuery, github, Ubuntu, Ruby, elasticseach, PostgreSQL, munin, monit

Web-site: www.readingwise.com

BeImmunized

Application provides single place for Parents, Providers, Schools for tracking and sharing children's vaccination data. It has advanced schedule engine which allows building of unique schedules depending on child specific catch ups and needs. The application consists from three main parts:

1. Consumers. Part for individual users (parents). It helps parents not to forget about due and upcoming vaccinations of their children.
2. Providers. It provides ability for providers to work in groups and manage vaccinations of patients in single space.
3. Schools. In this part schools can monitor vaccination statuses of their students.

Most interesting parts in the application from engineering point of view are:
• Integration with SMS gateway;
• Implementation of schedule engine;
• Working with big amount of data (up to for millions of physicians in the system);
• OAuth integration with Permission system for Schools.

...

SafeInHome

SafeInHome - is a monitoring solution that analyses variouse data like temperature, motions, etc from sensors installed in home and generates alerts based on customizable rules.
Audience for this app is families where some relatives need to be under constant monitoring - grandparents, children, recovery, etc.

System includes:
- Extended admin side
- support for various sensor types
- many useful rules to analyze situation in the house
- self-monitoring features
- high availability of service
- API
- IOS and Android apps
- customers dashboards
- integration with sensors platform
- interactive voice calling flow

Technologies: RoR, ios/andriod, mysql, custom cloud, integration with call and sms gateway, integration
with various sensors, resque

Web-site: www.safeinhome.com

Storyful

Storyful was founded by journalists who wanted to curate the real-time web. In other words, separate the useful news from the river of noise flowing through channels like Twitter and YouTube.
We have created comfortable but highly interactivetool with lots of functionality and availability of application for 24/ 7.

We have done:
- Backbone was used to manage tons of JS code in the project .
- Rails based API to offer our clients and mobile apps to deliver and manipulate with data.
- Managing of multiple data flows
- Complicated widgets grouped in multiple tabs on single page
- Real time updates (persistent connections)
- Consuming, parsing and delivery of large twitter stream (thousands of accounts)
- We have utilized extended twitter stream to perform its parsing and deep analyses

Technologies: ROR, RSPEC, Heroku, Tweeter API, Youtube API, S3 Amazon, Javascript, backbone,
mongoDB, postgresql...

Ruby on Rails Development for Directory & Reviews Platform

“They listen incredibly well and execute on what you want.”

Feb. - June 2018

Using Ruby on Rails, Gera-IT built a review platform with a multi-function administrative dashboard. They handled all aspects of the project, from design to development.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Nolan Johnson
Founder, SimpliDeferred

The platform is the business’s foundation. Execution was on time, and Gera-IT met specifications with precision and accuracy. Highly competent, they ensured strong collaboration and integrated new ideas and suggestions that improved the project.

I’m the founder of SimpliDeferred, a directory and review platform for qualified intermediaries (QIs) who manage tax-deferred exchanges between investment properties and estates. Because QIs are largely unregulated and are, therefore, sometimes involved in fraud or other misbehavior, we established our site so that people could do due diligence and choose from different QI options.

What challenge were you trying to address with Gera-IT?

I don't know how to code, so I needed help building our platform.

They developed the whole project using Ruby on Rails. I worked with the CTO at the beginning to set the scope, articulate the use case, and brainstorm ideas. They managed the whole process from design to development, including the UI/UX.

The site has an admin dashboard that tracks all user activity and is easy to navigate. We can see whoever signs up, manage their requests, and approve or deny those requests. We can also track the client reviews and requests for information about QIs, which allows us to easily follow up.

My main contact was the project manager, but I worked with up to eight people, including designers, developers, UI/UX specialists, and the CTO.

How did you come to work with Gera-IT?

I had some friends that recommended I outsource to Eastern Europe, and I searched via Google before finding them on Clutch. I contacted about five different companies and interviewed them.

Some of the larger vendors suggested that I use their more out-of-the-box packages. However, Gera-IT seemed to be more open to different ideas and processes. They were also smaller, which I felt meant they weren’t working on a large number of projects. Rather, they would be more focused on each project, which I liked.

I spent around $30,000.

The project lasted from February–June 2018.

The platform is the foundation of our business. It’s not as if we already had a functioning business platform for them to impove—they built it from scratch. The software they developed was the start of the business, so they had a massive impact.

How did Gera-IT perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated via Skype, usually in the mornings and at the end of the day. We also used Google Docs for sharing materials.

The project manager was excellent; everything I asked for was completed more or less exactly the way we discussed and in a timely manner. They did everything perfectly.

I would give my requests to the project manager. They would provide a scope of work for me to review and approve, and then they would execute it. We brainstormed together and really collaborated. They also integrated their own ideas and suggestions, which I generally liked.

I appreciated their accuracy and precision in execution. That level of competency is pretty hard to find. They listen incredibly well and execute on what you want.

Not really. They nailed it.

Have a plan coming into it. Be clear about what you want and be able to discuss that with them.

They got it done on time. They were available to speak at any hour, even in the middle of the night.
    I have referred them already.

Ruby on Rails Development for Online Booking Platform

"They took my vision and turned it into reality."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Gera-IT provided web development services for an online booking platform, using Ruby on Rails for the build. They designed and developed the site and provided work on updates.

David Nevies
Managing Director, SchoolHire

The finished product was developed successfully, with positive feedback on the overall product from clients. The team managed the project smoothly, from the initial design phase right through to the QA, while demonstrating their dedication to the project and communicating effectively.

We’re developing an online booking platform for school building facilities. I’m the managing director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Gera-IT?

We had an idea and a clear vision but were struggling to find the right development team to make it a reality.

We worked based on tickets and tasks. I had the ideas about what the platform needed to do and relied on Gera-IT for technical questions and anything related to development. They designed and developed the whole website from scratch and took care of upgrades for it. Ruby on Rails was the main coding language.

I worked with a project manager and with three developers at different times. There were 1–2 main developers working on the project.

How did you come to work with Gera-IT?

I attended an entrepreneurs’ networking event which featured a question about the challenges everyone was facing. I said that I had an idea but didn’t have a development team. Someone came over to me and put me in touch with Gera-IT. The rest is history.

I’ve spent $250,000 since we started.

I started working with Gera-IT in February 2016, and the collaboration is ongoing. The main site has been live for 20 months. We’re still improving it and are also building a site for a spin-off business, which will be launched in the next couple of months.

They took my vision and turned it into reality. The feedback we got from our clients is based on the product we’ve built, and Gera-IT is very much a part of that building process. I have a good relationship with them, and I trust the people on my team.

How did Gera-IT perform from a project management standpoint?

I take a hands-on role when it comes to project management, whether it’s working with the developers, creating tickets, or doing QA. I do as much as I can myself in order to keep the cost down. We used Slack as the main form of communication as well as Jira for tickets.

They really bought into the idea and believed in it, especially during the initial development, when we had no customers or revenue. It was more than just a job for them.

When something takes longer than expected or when there’s a misunderstanding, the risk is born 100% by me, as the customer, as opposed to being spread more evenly. If a task was supposed to take 10 hours to complete and it takes 20, perhaps I should only pay for five out of the 10 extra hours. This could simply be how teams like this work, and they did explain their rates.

I’m unique in terms of the hands-on role I play. We’re doing big things with small numbers, but I believe each client is different.

Things have overrun slightly on occasion, but we don’t have strict deadlines.

Server Development for Clinical Trial App

“I’ve hired hundreds of development teams, but this group is the best, by far.”

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Gera-IT developed a server component for a sophisticated Ruby on Rails application using open-source medical research software.

Lafayette, California
Marc Bandt
CEO, Pelesend, Inc

Gera-IT’s high-quality deliverables and efficient process led to a profitable contract. The team’s speed, expertise, and thoroughness set them apart from other vendors.

I am the CEO of a company that develops healthcare applications for the U.S. market.

For what projects/services did your company hire Gera-IT?

We hired them to develop the server component for the Apple ResearchKit.

Our goal was to develop a prototype so that customers could see what was possible.

I have worked with Gera-IT before with satisfactory results.

They helped build a Ruby on Rails enterprise application that complies with HIPAA requirements. Our product targets the clinical trial industry and the requirements for a focused multiple sclerosis eye exam.

We worked with a project lead.

I captured an important contract because of Gera IT's excellent work product and process.

It was managed with great discipline—they gathered requirements in a focused manner and provided good documentation. They delivered on time and within our budget, with no bugs or quality issues.

We’re impressed with their speed and quality. I’ve hired hundreds of development teams, but this group is the best, by far.

Since they are based in Ukraine, paying them can be a bit complex. However, it’s something outside their control.

Overall Score Keep up the good work.
    We never had an issue.
    They’re quite competitive, given global standards.
    The quality was top-notch.
    I already have.

Port Planning Tool for Information Technology Company

"[I was impressed by] their analytic skills.... [A]ll the work was done efficiently."

2009 - 2012

Gera-IT programmed a custom planning tool on Microsoft Silverlight using a SQL database. They integrated various functions, including certificate generation and data inputs involving salaries and invoicing.

Belgium
Bart Gruyaert
CEO, Myecad

Gera-IT’s deliverables were reliable and stable, even during critical testing and ticketing phases. They value relationship-building and in-person meetings, and take their time to understand and analyze a project before beginning. They have excellent analytical skills and are an efficient partner.

I was the owner of a Belgian IT company, for which I subcontracted large projects to Gera-IT

What challenge were you trying to address with Gera-IT?

One of our projects involved building a planning tool for the Vlissingen (Flushing) port in the Netherlands

I handled the client analysis and subcontracted the whole project to Gera-IT. They handled all programming. We had a SQL database and used Microsoft Silverlight. The tool worked with smartphones, which was less common in 2008. Every worker in the port could see their tasks in real-time and plan for the following day. The same was true for the clients, who could see certificates.

It was a rather complicated project—we were generating certifications on one side, and data inputs for invoicing and salaries on the other side. The platform was linked with 4 or 5 other systems in the outside world.

I had a 7-8-person team from Gera-IT, but I was only in contact with their project leaders, who distributed the work internally. I have visited them onsite twice before, and met the whole team.

How did you come to work with Gera-IT?

I had worked with a few of their competitors in Ukraine. Gera-IT was 40% more expensive than those other companies, but they were better suited for such a complex project. Together, we made an initial analysis of the full parameters in order to ensure the database would perform optimally in the end. Most providers would start right away with a small project, and only after realize that they have to rewrite the database. This analysis was the main reason for assigning the project to Gera-IT.

The cost of their work on this project was around €600,000 [$700,000]. Overall, I’ve spent €1.5-2 million [$1.75-2.3 million] on their work.

I worked with Gera-IT intensively over 6 or 7 years, and the first project was 10 years ago. I have recently started a new project with them, working directly with them for my own project, not a client’s

We tracked the bug count on our projects. The more complex a project became, the more bugs we had, which was logical—but once a tool was up-and-running, the numbers stabilized.

How did Gera-IT perform from a project management standpoint?

They had a planning tool in place for tracking activities and tickets, which made the interaction with me and my client more efficient. The client would generate tickets based on screenshots and bug findings, and Gera-IT handled those errors and interventions.

During critical periods, we had 15-20 tickets per day. We had weekly reviews over Skype where we went through all open topics. Every 3 months, my project manager came to The Netherlands, or I went to Kiev.

Their analytic skills. We revisited a couple of projects, but all the work was done efficiently. Gera-IT could, in a short timeframe, correct any area where an analysis was not properly done.

Their pricing is on the higher side, but I couldn’t really complain.

Take enough time for analysis. As a client, I had the tendency to be less patient for this, but Gera-IT insisted, and it’s there that we created the majority of the value.

E-commerce Application for River Cruise Company

"I have worked with other companies before who were average-to-good, but never on this level."

Feb. - June 2016

Gera-IT used Ruby on Rails, Cuda bootstrap, and MySQL database technologies to help develop an e-commerce app for a third-party client. They continue to serve as an outsourced development partner.

Germany
Patrick Bartels
CEO, Roughneck Media

The app was part of the successful relaunch of an existing website. Gera-IT is skilled, knowledgeable, and capable of instantly scaling in multiple areas. The team communicated fluently and regularly and was able to grasp new projects, concepts, and situations rapidly.

I am a self-employed web developer from Germany and have been in the business since 2005.

What challenge were you trying to address with Gera-IT?

I wanted to outsource development to try to expand my capacity. Gera-IT helped with the development of an e-commerce app.

I’m contracted to maintain and expand the online shop for a river cruise company. I had been working on the project for a long time, and my hiring company wanted to extend our collaboration. I proposed expanding my team to them in order to get more work done, and my hiring company was fine with it. I previously had good experiences with Gera-IT, and I inquired if they would like to take over some of the work. Gera-IT found a good developer for me, and he had been working on that project with me ever since.

It is a Ruby on Rails application. The front end is Cuda bootstrap, and the backend is MySQL database. There are a few background workers, but it is mainly a pure, complex Ruby on Rails application.

I had up to three developers working on this project.

How did you come to work with Gera-IT?

For this project, Gera-IT was my first choice, and I haven’t regretted that decision.

I spent approximately $45,000-$50,000.

We started working on this particular project together last year, and it was approximately a 3-4 month engagement.

The customer was very pleased with the relaunch of the existing website. It had a completely new design and front end which Gera-IT partly worked on.

How did Gera-IT perform from a project management standpoint?

For this particular project, I mainly did the project management tasks, and spoke directly to the developers instead of their project manager. We communicated mostly through Skype.

I feel good working with Gera-IT, because they know what they are doing and have the capacity to instantly increase developers, QA, or whatever the case may be. I have always had a good experience with them. The developers I worked with spoke English well, they understood what I needed and wanted, and they are very good at what they do. I was happy that I could reach them directly and almost instantly through Skype. They are very fast in picking-up new projects and new situations. I have worked with other companies before, who were average-to-good, but never on this level.

No, I have been pretty happy with them.

The only advice I have to a potential client would be to approach Gera-IT, give them what you need, and they will come back with a very good and accurate estimation.

Custom CRM for Non-Emergency Medical Service

"They really helped separate themselves from anybody else we used by becoming extremely knowledgeable of our platform."

June 2013 - Ongoing

Gera-IT redeveloped a comprehensive customer relationship management system and portal. They used Ruby on Rails and continue to provide maintenance, bug fixes, and enhancements.

Beverly Hills, CA
George Willard
Chief Operating Officer, 24/7 Call-A-Doc

Gera-IT was proactive and transparent in solving issues, and they managed the project well despite some turnover and a language barrier. They could improve on QA, but ultimately collaborated and communicated well, even with non-technical internal teams. They were experienced and accommodating.

We are a telemedicine organization. We provide telemedicine services, that is, medical consultations by different electronic modalities, whether it's telephone, email, or video consultations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Gera-IT?

We have a portal that the entire business operates on, and we needed a company that could maintain and continue development on that portal, and that’s what Gera-IT did for us. We've used other companies for development as well.

It's not so much customers and it's not so much features; our entire corporation is operating on this CRM [customer relationship management] portal. It's everything. My nurses' consultations are set up in it. Doctors access it to complete the consultation. Nurses develop the consultation form, which is an HIPAA [Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act]-compliant medical record storage. It's literally the backbone of our entire organization.

We got the big development out of the way, and now we are enhancing small features regularly. I met with them recently for the next set of those. Not only are they doing maintenance and bug fixes, but they are still doing additional enhancements.

How did you come to work with Gera-IT?

They worked on some other projects that we had, and they've done a pretty good job. Once we found out that they had a team that could work on Ruby [on Rails], they were the obvious logical choice. It's not easy to find Ruby on Rails developers, and Gera-IT has some very good people on that technology.

Ultimately, Gera-IT ended up becoming the champion or the most knowledgeable about our products or our platform in a very short period of time. They really helped separate themselves from anybody else we used by becoming extremely knowledgeable of our platform, which is fairly robust and complicated.

It's well north of $300,000.

They still maintain the site, and they do more than that.

We were in a bit of chaos for a fairly long period of time, close to 6 months. The CRM marginally met the requirements originally. But when we switched our business model, it went from marginally to almost not supporting us at all. Running my company was a nightmare. We were running this company with Microsoft Word documents, with spreadsheets, everything was manual, handwritten—it was just horrible.

Finally, after about 6 months of real, hard development, and listening to us on why it wasn't working, we are now in the best shape we've been since this company was formed.

How did Gera-IT perform from a project management standpoint?

They had a project manager assigned to our project; he's my primary contact. I have almost daily interaction with them. We used Skype, Slack, and a portal where we create tickets to monitor their progress. We used GoToMeeting with them, and just a multitude of different products.

They were good at making sure that, if someone on their side might’ve had a language barrier, their project managers were IT-savvy and didn't have a language barrier. You can tell that English is not their first language, but it doesn't hinder our ability to communicate.

We've had 3 project managers over the years. In terms of developers, there's not many. I have no idea how many are around our team in total. We don't have an internal team of developers. I'm the COO and a minority owner of the company. Myself and the person that manages my call center are the liaisons from our side. That's one of their strengths—I'm not a technical guy and neither is the person that manages our call center. They are able to speak to us in the manner that we need to be spoken to, in non-technical terms, and convert it to what they need to do on their end.

The reality is, when we were going through tough times with our organization and the software wasn't meeting our needs, it was a very stressful time. They had to deal with me when I wasn't always the nicest guy to deal with, and probably not the most rational, and enforcing unrealistic deadlines. They came through that like a champ. I think a lot of companies would’ve thrown in the towel given the amount of pressure we were putting on them, but they kept coming back for more and ultimately solved it.

The one thing they wished we would've done differently, and it ultimately becomes something that they might have done differently as well, is a lot of the QA testing. We don't have that resource allocated to us. We don't pay for that resource on their end, so they are dependent on us to do the testing.

Being a non-technical team, the testing that we do would best be described as woefully inadequate. I don't need to tell you that doesn't work out really well in the long term. They're doing development, we're not doing great testing. Ultimately, it results in more development that probably didn't need to be done.

The only thing that they may do better is to really insist that a QA manager or a QA consultant is part of the team. In other words, you have to have them. Although that's a double-edged sword, because if they forced it on me, I probably wouldn't have gone with them. I do know that it would be an enhancement, but I also know it's a cost, and a lot of companies just can't absorb that cost.

Advice for potential customers?

If you're going to do QA, you've got to really do it. You're either going to pay them to do it or you've got to have someone on your team who is capable.

They rank very high given that they're located overseas.
    I recommend them regularly.

Web Development for Language E-learning Company

"The entire team at Gera-IT is very proud of their work and holds itself to high standards."

Gera-IT provided the front and back-end Ruby on Rails development of an e-learning website according to the specified requirements of the company.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Jamie Fries
CEO, Ideaswise Ltd

Gera-IT successfully developed the website without technical issues due to their excellent quality assurance. As a result, there was a monthly growth in the customer statistic count. The team has excellent communication and project management.

My company works in schools to impact literacy rates among children.

I’m the Chief Executive Officer.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Gera-IT?

We had gone through a proof of concept phase, done some research, and a randomized control trial. We knew our process and methodology was very effective, but the technology was not scalable. We needed help with development.

We had Gera-IT help with both front-end and back-end Ruby on Rails development. We drove the process, and they provided the skills.

How did you come to work with Gera-IT?

Our CTO already had a relationship with them. He thought that the quality of their code was very high. We felt that we got great results for what we paid for.

The projects range from $5,000-$20,000.

We’ve been working with them for two years and are currently still working with them.

The team is very tight, so there are rarely bugs in the system. Not only is that because they run a very tight process, but also because they have great quality assurance. Our customers have grown month to month.

How did Gera-IT perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was very good. We collaborate using Slack and have regular conversations. Thanks to the way we communicate, we know the wider team, not just the people involved in the tech side of things, but those that deal with customers in our team. They know what they’re doing and why they’re doing it which is important.

What distinguishes Gera-IT from other providers?

We’ve worked with five or six members of their team and it is clear they have a real commitment to their trade. The entire team at Gera-IT is very proud of their work and holds itself to high standards. That’s a good quality to have in development and coding.

Is there anything Gera-IT could have improved or done differently?

The employees that are higher up at Gera-IT could check in with us a bit more frequently. I tend to initiate with them, but that’s a minor issue.

Overall Score It’s hard to do it better. We’ve got a good team on our side, and we’re still working with them two years later, which speaks volumes.

Application Development for Gaming Company

"They were proactive in recommending new things to try."

Gera-IT developed the web and iOS mobile versions of the app, in accordance with the concept of the management. They handled the backend development and support for technical issues of the in-game data.

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Peter Gough
Founder, Fenway Games

In the last three months, the gaming app has won two industry awards. Gera-IT demonstrated outstanding commitment and produced quality back-end development. The design, look, and feel could be improved.

Our company is Fenway Games. Our first product was a game called Snap Bet, which allows users to bet on what’s going to happen in the next 60 seconds of a live sporting event.

I am the founder and Chief Executive Officer.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Gera-IT?

The challenge was to build out the initial concept. I’m not technical, but I had an idea. Gera-IT took my idea from a PowerPoint presentation into an initial product for very little money. I’ve stayed with them over the last few years to build the app into a go-to-market product. Gera-IT has been fantastic and helped all along the way.

The main technical problem in betting on the next 60 seconds was delivering the data very quickly. We receive data feeds from suppliers, quickly process that information, process players who are playing, and tie that all together with people winning or losing. All that happens within seconds.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

First, they developed the strategy for how to take my idea and turn it into a product. They developed a web version but it became apparent that it needed to be a mobile app. It’s on iOS and will be submitted to Apple in the next week or so. We’re having a couple of conversations with B2B [business-to-business] clients and corporate clients who might want to own it themselves in certain regions. We’re only delaying submitting it to Apple over the next few weeks because of those discussions.

How did you come to work with Gera-IT?

I decided to use oDesk (now Upwork) to find them, and Gera-IT was the most professional in their approach. A lot of freelancers would just tell me how much the project would cost and leave it at that. Gera-IT organized a Skype call, listened to what I wanted, told me what could and couldn’t be done, offered recommendations, and then gave a quote. Because Gera-IT really bought into the project and wanted to understand it before giving me a price, I decided they would be the best fit.

We’ve spent $22,000 to $27,000 working with Gera-IT.

It’s an ongoing relationship. We’re still using Gera-IT to update the backend, basically, everything that surfaces through the API that they built into the mobile device.

Could you share any statistics, metrics or other feedback from this engagement?

We’ve received two industry awards in the last three months. There is a gaming organization called Ice, who gave us an award for "game to watch" in February at the European Gaming Conference. Additionally, the accounting firm KPMG ran a gaming conference in Gibraltar, and we won there as well.

How did Gera-IT perform from a project management standpoint?

Gera-IT did a fantastic job! I’m limited on budget, but we have made it work. They’ve always made deadlines I've given them.

What distinguishes Gera-IT from other providers?

Gera-IT really believes in the product. I have a limited number of people to play and test the app, but one or two of their developers would play as well. I wasn’t paying them to do that, which helped me a lot. They would turn up and play for an hour or so as a gesture of their support of the game.

As a result of their involvement, they wouldn’t just do the work that I laid out, but would make suggestions about what else we might do. They were proactive in recommending new things to try.

Is there anything Gera-IT could have improved or done differently?

I can't think of anything they could do better. In terms of backend work, they have been fantastic. The design, look, and feel could be slightly better. That being said, I am happy with the work they've done.

Overall Score It’s been amazing.
    Absolutely, every time.

Development & Tech Stack Migration for IT Services Provider

"They’re highly effective."

June 2017 - Jan. 2018

Gera-IT handled custom development and a full platform migration for an interactive authoring system. They examined the modules of the system, to begin with, and modified some of its features.

Valparaiso, Indiana
President, BLPS CC, Inc.

More business is a direct result of Gera-IT’s involvement in the project. They respond quickly and communicate seamlessly between onshore and offshore teams. Additionally, their flexible approach contributed to the project’s success.

I’m the president of a company that provides outsourced technology development services to educational publishers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Gera-IT?

We needed custom development and migration for an existing interactive authoring system.

We mainly wanted to migrate to a new technology stack with the same authoring functionalities.

They were recommended to us.

Gera-IT examined the existing authoring modules. Then they handled the migration, including some alterations to existing functionalities.

They assigned two developers, one QA specialist, and a project manager.

Their involvement allowed us to procure even more work from the same client, due to the custom nature of this work.

They successfully coordinated the project between both onshore and offshore teammates. They’re highly effective.

Their responsiveness and flexibility stand out.

Not that I can perceive.