Converting Clicks Into Customers

We're a specialized team of web marketers based in Chicago, IL.

We do two things, really well.

1. Find and fix website SEO and usability problems.
  2. Generate profitable web leads for small businesses with nationwide sales.

We have clients in healthcare, transportation and professional business services.

We believe in a common sense approach to online marketing:

Get the right people, to the right place at the right time.

If you think your website is causing business problems, we should talk. If you're tired of selling to existing customers and are looking to get new business, we should talk.

Chicago, IL
  • 4410 N Ravenswood Ste 203
    Chicago, IL 60640

We don't list our clients publicly. Some of our clients work in sensitive industries. Others are concerned about leaking information to their competitors. Also, NDAs.

SEO & SEM for Strategy Consulting Firm

"GainTap is very good about keeping track of search trends on Google."

Jun. 2016 - Ongoing

Starting with a website audit, GainTap developed and executes an SEO strategy for a consulting firm. They also handle Google Ads campaigns.

Andrew Clarke
President, Ground Floor Partners

The number of website visitors and inbound leads have increased markedly since the engagement began. Expertise and meticulousness are hallmarks of their work. GainTap's consistent communication, responsiveness, and problem-solving ability make them a valuable partner.

Ground Floor Partners is a small business consulting firm. We provide management advisory services, business planning, and strategy for small businesses, startups, and nonprofit organizations.

What challenge were you trying to address with GainTap?

I wanted to get more out of my website. All of my business used to come through the website and from Google Ads. That’s become less and less profitable over time as costs went up and the results kept going down. I eventually stopped using Google Ads and decided to focus more on SEO and organic search results.

GainTap performed an assessment of my website. They asked a lot of questions about keywords, the audience I’m trying to attract, and what I want users to do on the site. They help me optimize important pages on the site. They also address navigation issues. In terms of strategy, they guide my thinking about how to make the site more valuable and more productive in the future.

Graham (owner, GainTap) is the main point of contact.

How did you come to work with GainTap?

I did a search of local SEO companies and read profiles and reviews. I didn't want to be the smallest client at a big firm or the biggest client at a small firm. I wanted somebody who was in tune with what I was trying to accomplish. I called and spoke to Graham. I was impressed with how straightforward and honest he is. I previously worked with another small SEO firm. They didn't deliver so that's why I switched to GainTap.

We started working together in June 2016 the engagement is ongoing.

I've seen a lot of growth in terms of number of visitors. I'm also getting a lot more leads through the website. GainTap is very good about keeping track of search trends on Google. It's difficult because Google keeps coming out with new updates, but giving less information about how to respond. The results are up and down. I work with a lot of small businesses who hire SEO consultants. I get better results than most of my clients.

How did GainTap perform from a project management standpoint?

GainTap does an excellent job. They're extremely responsive. Graham and I meet once a month in person, and we also talk on the phone. I email him occasionally and he usually gets back to me within a couple of hours. It's some of the best response I've gotten from any firm.

Graham doesn't just do SEO. He's extremely good at solving website problems. I've had a number of issues with my website where a page doesn't appear or the ranking drops. I also had a weird situation where somebody in another country published my photo alongside their biography. Graham was persistent and clever. He tracked that person down and got them to remove my photo.

GainTap needs to better define their target audience. I know Graham is working on that. I think his biggest fault is not promoting himself enough. He's much better than his pricier competition. He needs to get out there and talk to people because he has a good story to tell.

Don't treat GainTap as a plug and play SEO firm. While most of those firms offer only set options and no variation from their formula. Graham is more responsive and adaptable. He'll listen to you and deliver customized service.