Beautiful websites for inspiring brands.

Future Holidays is a digital brand experience agency with an e-commerce focus. They're a certified Shopify partner with 20 years of experience helping brands build a legacy through smart design and immersive digital experiences. Brands looking to scale with a heavy hitter in the e-comm space who will level them up several notches while providing white-glove service will find the right partner in Future Holidays.

Creatively led, Future Holidays is hyper-focused on the visual experience of the user and promoting the brand essence. They are highly adept at translating brand experience to the digital world by optimizing their digital presence, user experience, brand positioning, email automation and design.

San Diego, CA

EatMyWords.com Image

EatMyWords.com

EatMyWords.com required a new website that fit specific criteria. The platform needed to be bright and colorful but also professional to present the brand in the best possible light. Future Holidays delivered a product that satisfies the requirements and is optimized for SEO initiatives.

MOPA.org Image

MOPA.org

MOPA.org is the official website for the Museum of Photographic Arts. Of course, creating a visually splendid website was essential. Future Holidays provided web design that brought photography, current exhibits, and more to the forefront to help the museum bring in more web and in-person traffic.

EdensGarden.com Image

EdensGarden.com

EdensGarden.com sells a range of scent products and diffusers. Their earthy brand identity needed a website to match. Future Holidays designed an attractive platform and a dependable backend to ensure the platform can be counted on no matter the level of traffic it receives.

ApricotYarn.com Image

LumiRooftop.com Image

LumiRooftop.com

LumiRooftop.com

Website Development & Design for Hospitality Group

"The two sites that Future Holidays designed are, by far, the easiest sites to navigate and use."

Jan. 2018 - Jan. 2019

A hospitality group was launching two websites. Future Holidays built both sites using WordPress and did some design work, picking color-palettes and making animated graphics.

Katie Bosworth
Marketing Manager, RMD Group

Future Holidays built two user-friendly sites with great UX that are easy-to-use for customers and administrators. They're communicative and creative. Masters of their space, they never missed a deadline.

I am the marketing manager for the restaurant side of RMD Group, a hospitality group.

What challenge were you trying to address with Future Holidays?

We’ve worked with Future Holidays to build websites for two of our venues. They were responsible for creating, coding and launching both of our sites for the two concepts. We had a smorgasbord of ideas that we developed with an outside branding group that they were able to put together into a sleek website for us.

They built two WordPress sites from the ground-up.

First, they made glorified splash pages for us. When the project had delays on our end, they were able to come in, build-out, and release other parts of the sites so that we still made progress while we waited for permits.

Also, while we worked with an outside branding agency, they did some design work with color palettes and animated graphics.

I’ve worked with four people from Future Holidays, and we just hired them on a flex retainer so we’ll keep some members of their team around.

How did you come to work with Future Holidays?

We were looking for a strategic partner. Since our company has grown, we're right on the cusp of having a bandwidth issue in-house. We were looking for a company that could be a technical partner who’s both an extension of our team and a master of their space, and we found Future Holidays.

We invested between $10,000–$50,000.

We began the work sometime around April 2019, and 99% of the design is done as of January 2020. We’ll keep working with Future Holidays in the future as they're now on flex retainer.

The UI is great both for us and for our guests. They really focused on user design and UX, and the site is really developed and advanced.

I work specifically on four different restaurant web sites within our hospitality group. The two sites that Future Holidays designed are, by far, the easiest sites to navigate and use. The sites are very user-friendly, and they made it possible to troubleshoot from my end.

How did Future Holidays perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s super easy to work with Future Holidays. They utilize Trello for project management, and I can easily drop a question whenever I want and they’ll quickly follow-up and respond.

It’s easy to track progress as well. If there’s a delay, we could find how who or what was causing the delay. The delays were usually on our end, and this allowed us to quickly rectify the problem.

I don’t believe Future Holidays ever missed a deadline.

They’re great all around. So far no complaints, they’re one of my favorite vendors.

Nope.

Make sure you have all your ducks in a row—they can only work with what they’re given. The more information you give them, the better the feedback they can give you and the more they have to work with.

Overall Score Every single person on their team exhibits their company’s values.
    They’re at a higher price point, but you definitely get the value that you paid for.
    They always meet deadlines. They came up with creative solutions.
    I have recommended them already.

Web Development for Photography Museum

"They are really good at helping us reach a successful project."

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

Future Holidays worked on several revisions from the backend of the website. They used careful processes to find the right solution that works for the client and their users.

Joaquin Ortiz
Director of Innovations, Museum of Photographic Arts

Future Holidays is on track to improve user experience. They have great communication and project management skills that keep their client involved and help them become more comfortable with a technology-driven process.

I am the director of innovation at the Museum of Photographic Arts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Future Holidays?

We reached out to Future Holidays because we wanted to get more in-depth and resolve challenges with our site. We had a number of technical issues with a website we built in 2017 through WordPress.

We needed someone who was familiar with WordPress and not only knew to resolve the issues but could also help us with the next steps. We want our website to be easily accessible for our users and also show videos of what we have on display.

Future Holidays went in the backend and worked on several revisions. Our exhibitions are now properly displayed in the right fields so that when someone visits our site they can easily find the different categories. They also worked out a solution to better display our different hours on the site. They used careful processes to find the right resolution that works with us and also for our visitors.

I worked mainly with their owner and lead designer, project manager, and front-facing customer service staff.

How did you come to work with Future Holidays?

They reached out to us because they were familiar with our organization. Future Holidays wanted to get more involved with nonprofit clients, so they were excited to work with us. We did some thorough vetting because we have had some experience with other companies.

We were careful about hiring someone that had the right qualities that we were looking for. We took the time to do a small project with them and showed they were the right company to work with.

We have spent between $10,000–$25,000.

We began working together in August 2019 and the relationship is still ongoing.

Future Holidays has clearly demonstrated they are guiding us on the right path that will improve the experience of our visitors on our site. The changes have been very recent, so we haven't had a chance to measure its numerical impact.

How did Future Holidays perform from a project management standpoint?

I am very happy with Future Holidays’ communication skills. They are always clear to help us understand their intentions and show how they’ll accomplish our goals. As a museum, we don’t have the type of technology that they have. They’re very good at helping us break it down and providing solutions that we can then implement. This has been so critical for us being non-technical people.

They use online project management boards that allow me to check-in at any time to see the status of the project. I am able to easily respond with feedback and take the next steps with them. Usually, within a few days, we can make a lot of progress very quickly.

They understand that nonprofits and museums like ours have very specific needs and they have to be adaptable to us. We don’t easily fit into a model that other industries do, so they’ve always been extremely adaptable in understanding where we’re coming from, and helping us find solutions that are data-driven. This is so important for us because we have such limited resources.

It has been hard to follow projects that cost a lot of money and result in little impact, but they are really good at helping us reach a successful project. Also, they’ve been smart about helping us understand how to change and adapt over time so that we can improve and reach our visitors in the right way.

I can’t think of anything.

Be open to Future Holidays’ data-based decision-making process. Give them time to collect data and analyze it before sharing the results so that the money for the project is fully utilized.

It was a little bit of a challenge for us at first because we aren't familiar with this type of process, but once we saw the data, it made everything so much more clear and understandable. I understand the challenge for some organizations that are not used to doing that, especially when it challenges the perception you already have.

Web Development for Designer Boutique & Stylist

"They captured my vibe well, and I think it’ll result in a real big change in business."

Nov. 2019 – Jan. 2020

A boutique clothing store sought to create an online store to expand its client base. They hired Future Holidays to build the website and have it capture the boutique’s unique style and overall vibe.

Del Mar, California
Myles Hasnain
Owner, MJH Studios

While the site hasn’t launched yet, the owner is incredibly satisfied with the site. It captures the store’s vibe and was made on-time in a short timeframe. Future Holidays was very communicative and explained the entire process well, keeping the owner in the loop throughout.

I am the owner and CEO of MJH Studios, a designer boutique and personal styling showroom.

What challenge were you trying to address with Future Holidays?

My store only has a physical location so far, and I wanted to expand my business. So, I hired Future Holidays to bring the vibe of my storefront to an online site to reach a bigger client base.

I sat down with Ryan (Founder & Chief Creative Office, Future Holidays) to discuss the project, and he gave me two directions to go in. I picked one, and then he began work on the site.

I worked with four people. Ryan led the team, and my main point of contact was Diane (E-Commerce Project Manager, Future Holidays). Diane was superb, always getting back to me quickly and leading weekly reviews.

How did you come to work with Future Holidays?

I searched for web developers and picked the one whose site had an aesthetic that best matched what I wanted to do. It also was a perk that Ryan was in San Diego, so he could come into my store to see my vision.

I’ve invested around $20,000.

The project began at the beginning of November 2019 and wrapped up in January 2020.

While the site isn’t live yet, I’m already so excited. I really like the way they presented not just my products but also my brand. They captured my vibe well, and I think it’ll result in a real big change in business.

How did Future Holidays perform from a project management standpoint?

I gave them a short window to complete the project, and they kept the timeline. They checked in every week to say they were still on track to deliver, and then they delivered.

Their most impressive feature was their level of communication. I’m not a very technically savvy person, but they explained everything well and would walk me through what they were working on.

They were in constant communication with me and were very patient. They would answer every question I would have and follow-up with me later.

No, I don’t think so. I’m really thrilled with what they’ve presented to me.

Schedule a time to chat with them because they’re spending a lot of time to make sure the product is exactly what you’re looking for. Take advantage of this, and be sure to tell them what you want.

Web Development for Wealth Management Firm

“They always understood what we wanted, and they were quick to take any feedback when we needed them to make a change.”

July - Sept. 2019

Future Holidays developed a website for a new wealth management firm. Focusing on security and navigability, they delivered a minimalist site to appeal to the target audience.

Santa Fe, California
Mark Holmlund
Strategic Advisor, Alaethes Wealth

The results are clean, professional, and easy to use. Future Holidays were effective communicators, and they were always responsive and creative. They sent regular updates and were always accommodating.

We are a wealth management firm. I'm a strategic advisor.

What challenge were you trying to address with Future Holidays?

We started our own business, and we hired them to help us develop our website.

We asked them for a minimalist website to appeal to our target users. It securely houses sensitive information, and was specifically designed to be easy to navigate.

We worked with a team of about three.

How did you come to work with Future Holidays?

A marketing firm we use referred them. Speed was important to us, and they gave a good impression in the introductory call. We were confident that they could deliver for us.

We spent just under $10,000.

We started working together in mid-July 2019 and ended the project in early September 2019.

The site is not our primary lead generator, but it is very professional looking, easy to use, and secure. No one has trouble logging on.

How did Future Holidays perform from a project management standpoint?

We had a view video conference calls with them, and we went through some iterations. If we ever had a quick question, we could email them. They sent weekly updates, and the process ran very smoothly.

They're excellent communicators, and they're very creative. They always understood what we wanted, and they were quick to take any feedback when we needed them to make a change.

We had one revision to the proposal, but that had nothing to do with them. They were always responsive, and their work was effective.

Explain exactly what you want, and be forthright. They're very accommodating.

Overall Score They addressed every issue quickly, and I'm very pleased with their work.
    We had a tight timeline, and they met it. They were always timely and punctual.
    They explained the value of everything they offered.
    Their responsiveness and communication were very good.
    We had a very good experience with them, and I'd be happy to recommend them.

Commercial Real Estate Website Redesign

"Compared to other vendors, we worked with a far more professional team at Future Holidays."

June 2018 - Sept. 2018

Future Holidays coordinated the redesign and launch of a real estate company’s website. After developing wireframes and mock-ups, they delivered test options and implemented feedback into new versions.

Newport Beach, California
Andrea Lopez
Marketing Coordinator, Provender Partners

Future Holidays fostered a professional and productive workflow that yielded a website that is reflective of company values. The team was mindful of all timelines and managed to introduce the new site with little downtime. Their open channels of communication made for an easygoing engagement.

I am the marketing coordinator of a specialized real estate investor and operator.

For what projects/services did your company hire Future Holidays?

We engaged Future Holidays to redesign our website. We wanted to do a better job of reflecting our modern logo and providing our clients with an easier way to find more information about our company.

We hoped to complete a website redesign quickly and with minimal downtime.

We learned of Future Holidays through another agency. Although we considered other vendors, Future Holidays was the best fit for our project because of our anticipated timeframe of completion. It was also evident that they would have little trouble working with our design team.

We held a kickoff meeting with Future Holidays and our design team to gain a better understanding of the necessary steps in our project. Once we approved the process, wireframes, and mock-ups, Future Holidays began their work in designing and developing our new site and features. They gave us functional versions to test, and we provided feedback for them to make adjustments and improvements. We continued that iterative process until we felt the website was complete and could be launched.

We worked with six people from Future Holidays, but certain individuals were more involved than others depending on the workload and specific tasks. Our point of contact was always present, though.

Future Holidays managed to redesign and launch our website without issue. We are proud to have a more professional website that reflects our company and team well.

Our project manager was accommodating and informative. Compared to other vendors, we worked with a far more professional team at Future Holidays. They complied with all deadlines, and though they worked to minimize any foreseeable issues, they were very transparent when communicating those delays.

We had direct access to the project manager and the wider team assigned to the project as needed. This helped us avoid any directions getting lost or misunderstood when communicating through email. We appreciated having those open lines of communication.

No, we worked very well together. I’d advise future clients to log as many details as possible within a shared document to avoid stray ideas or notes.

Shopify Development for Essential Oils Online Store

“They didn't talk to us in a coding language and explained complex subjects in simple terms.”

Jan. - June 2018

Working alongside an in-house design team, Future Holidays custom-coded a Shopify website and provided guidance in terms of the layout. They also assisted with a weekly newsletter.

San Clemente, California
Jenna Jones
Director Of Marketing & Creative, Edens Garden

The in-house team is happy with look and feel of the website and expects the profit to increase. Future Holidays went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their ability to guide the process and quickly resolve any issues made them easy to work with.

I'm the director of marketing and creative at Edens Garden. We're an aromatherapy company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Future Holidays?

We use Shopify for our e-commerce stores, and we needed a vendor to help us customize our backend.

Future Holidays redid our whole website. They used a Shopify theme, but they custom-coded each page for us. They also customized our rewards program and made our search options more user-friendly. We have our own design team, but Future Holidays helped us figure out where users are likely to click so that we could put text in the correct places.

We mostly interacted with their owner and an account manager, but they had a whole team dedicated to our project.

How did you come to work with Future Holidays?

We interviewed a few different development companies, and Future Holidays seemed the most approachable. They spoke our language and proposed a realistic and practical way of handling things, so we decided they'd be a good fit.

We spent between $25,000–$50,000.

We worked with them between January–June 2018.

They provided a lot of insight into our email newsletter program that goes out every week. It's been a big initiative this year, and it can generate more profit for us as we move forward. They also helped us make our promotions and discounts on the website more user-friendly.

How did Future Holidays perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very straightforward and responsive. If we had changes, they usually got back to us the same day. We used a Trello board to track our projects, and we had weekly calls to go over everything.

They're very friendly and easy to work with. They didn't talk to us in a coding language and explained complex subjects in simple terms. When they suggested an idea, they explained how it'd work for us instead of telling us how it'd work for a different company.

No, we're happy with everything.

They're very responsive to feedback, so let them know if there is an issue. They helped us resolve all the issues with the website very quickly.

Inbound Marketing Campaigns for Pharma Company

"The team creates value and we enjoy working with them."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Future Holidays has executed marketing campaigns for Google, social media, and email.

Jordan DiGiorgio
VP Implemenation & Marketing, medifriendRx

Future Holidays is a responsive and trustworthy partner. They track the campaigns in a highly organized manner. Scheduling is a notable strength.

I’m the VP of implementation and marketing at medifriendRX. We do pharmacy automation dispensing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Future Holidays?

We hired them for marketing and outreach.

Future Holidays does marketing campaigns for Google, social media, and email. I’ve collected the list of potential clients’ emails.

We work with three people.

How did you come to work with Future Holidays?

Our team received a referral and hired Future Holidays to build our website. As a result of that positive experience, we asked them to submit a bid for a six-month marketing campaign. Their response was concise and clear. We moved forward with that engagement because the team could provide the support we needed.

We’ve spent $36,000.

We started working together in October 2018 and the partnership is ongoing.

No, because we haven’t launched yet. Anecdotally, the tea is smart, organized, and responsive.

How did Future Holidays perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate at least twice a week via email and hold weekly meetings. We trust the team and their expertise.

The team’s Excel spreadsheets are highly organized, detailing the status of each item in the campaign. Not only do they track everything, but also answer our questions quickly.

No, I can’t think of anything.

They are good at scheduling.
    The team creates value and we enjoy working with them.
    They provide high-quality service. The team is professional and responsive.

Website Upgrade for Beverage Company

“It's hard to find a transparent company like Future Holidays … .”

Oct. - Dec. 2018

Future Holidays updated a website, turning it into a lead generation tool. They made the site mobile responsive and added customer service easy access points to improve the user experience.

Josh Cohen
President of E-commerce, Intelligent Blends

Customers can easily find what they need on both the corporate website and e-commerce channels. Future Holidays went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their transparency and ability to produce high-quality work earned them trust.

I'm the president of e-commerce and the VP of business development at Intelligent Blends. We're a single-serve beverage manufacturer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Future Holidays?

Future Holidays built a WordPress website for us about four years ago. We were looking to update it, so we reached out to them again.

They turned our old WordPress website, which was an online catalog, into a lead generation tool. They also made the website responsive so that people can view it across different devices.

Our corporate website has the same name as our e-commerce channels, so we were receiving a lot of customer service requests on our corporate website. That was causing frustration for our salespeople. Future Holidays added customer service easy access points, which reduced the number of requests that our sales team has to handle.

We mostly worked with Ryan (Creative and UX Consultant, Future Holidays), one developer, and one other member of their team.

How did you come to work with Future Holidays?

I had worked with them previously on a couple of projects, so I knew I could trust them.

We spent about $15,000.

We worked with them between October–December 2018.

By putting in a lot of great calls to action and making the website usable across all devices, Future Holidays reduced the friction for the customer. Our customers get where they want to be: they either go shopping, or they go to customer service. Our corporate leads are also directed to the proper place on our corporate website.

How did Future Holidays perform from a project management standpoint?

They're responsive and professional, and they stayed on track with the project. It was a very collaborative process, and we mostly used the phone to communicate.

They do high-quality work. Also, they're personable, honest, and productive. It's hard to find a transparent company like Future Holidays, which would care about bringing in value rather than just spending our money.

No, they never try to sell me on things they don't know, but instead, they help me find someone who knows more. I really appreciate that.

I highly recommend them. Once you're in their hands, you're headed in the right direction. They get their work done.

Their rates are right in the middle.
    I'd definitely recommend them.

Website Design Support for Branding Agency

“All the clients are happy with their products.”

Oct. 2014 - Ongoing

Future Holidays provides website design and development, producing WordPress and Shopify sites for third-party clients. They oversee the website projects, assist with creative direction, and advise on the UIs.

Solana Beach, California
Owner, McCulley Design Lab

The team always produces excellent websites that are optimized for all devices and meet the client’s requirements in a creative, on-brand, and technically sound way. They are reliable communicators who are able to meet with clients and collaborate well.

I’m a partner at McCulley Design Lab, a multi-disciplinary creative agency specializing in experiential design. We create and bring brands life through naming, brand & brand strategy, packaging, collateral design and the built environment. We work in across many diverse industries.

What challenge were you trying to address with Future Holidays?

I needed a creative partner for clients that need a website designed and executed.

We’ve worked primarily with WordPress, but they’ve used Shopify as well. Their involvement is quite broad: they set and manage the schedule as part of the initial programming meetings, then keep everything on track.

They then help with the creative direction and we bounce ideas off of each other. I rely on them quite a bit in this area, especially if we have a heavy workload. They also help with direction for effective UIs.

Ryan (Creative/UX & Shopify Consultant, Future Holidays) is my primary point of contact, but I also work with a project manager.

How did you come to work with Future Holidays?

Most of my collaborations are relationship based. I’ve known Ryan for the last 10 years in a variety of capacities, so when he formed Future Holidays, it was a natural fit. He’s exceptionally detail-oriented and unique in that he understands the technical side of things, but also has a creative eye. That’s of great value to me.

We’ve spent $80,000–$100,000.

We started working together in October 2014 and the work is ongoing.

All the clients are happy with their products. The websites reflect their brands and are effective across all platforms and devices.

How did Future Holidays perform from a project management standpoint?

Ryan is very knowledgeable across a lot of areas, so I position him as a collaborator and he has contact with my clients. They’re really responsive and reliable, and also give timely feedback and input. We communicate via InVision, Google Docs, email, and phone calls. It’s very efficient and there’s a good communication trail.

They’re constantly learning and growing—they’re always coming to the table with new innovations, knowledge of the latest trends, and awareness of how user behaviors can relate to my clients’ success.

They’re also super organized, reliable with pricing, and look to source new business for me. Ryan is a wealth of information and I have 100% confidence in him when I put him in front of a client. He knows the right questions to ask and when to let me do my part, so he’s great to plug in as a partner.

Overall Score I’m super happy with them as a partner.
    Ten out of ten.