Making Digital Your Competitive Advantage

Fruition is a full-service, enterprise digital marketing agency and a leader in digital services, specializing in Search Marketing, Digital Media, Digital Messaging, Social Media, Web Development (lots of Drupal development), Mobile App Development, Digital Signage and Digital Consulting.  Fruition is multitime recipient of the INC 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies.

2003

Tru Family Dental

National Corporate Housing

National Corporate Housing

Tailor Made Products

Curious Chef (Tailor Made Products)

GOLFZING

Mobile Friendly Design

SEO & Web Dev for Healthcare Staffing Company

"They put in the effort to learn about what makes our industry unique."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Fruition provides long-term SEO/SEM and development work for a health staffing brochure site. They have helped to integrate third-party tools, increase conversions, and research market trends.

Little Rock, Arkansas
VP Marketing, Healthcare Staffing Company

Organic traffic has increased by 87% year-over-year. Fruition is thoughtful, dedicated, and thorough. The team performed extra research in the industry to better provide content and create lasting solutions. They communicated frequently and were responsive.

I am the VP of Marketing at a healthcare staffing company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fruition?

We had a website in place but needed help on various side-projects. Specifically, we wanted guidance on SEO, SEM, and web development.

Fruition worked on our simple WordPress brochure page, mainly focusing on SEO and SEM. They weren’t involved in the website’s original development, but they helped with content development and marketing, as well as with UX audits, bringing in recommendations around that. We use the brochure site to organize events, and they helped ensure it could integrate easily with other third-party tools like EventRight. It was a clear-cut project with a modest budget.

We do not engage them for email marketing.

We have quarterly business reviews and receive everything I would expect from a top-tier agency. I have worked with the director of SEO, a project manager, two support individuals and a pay-per-click and SEM manager. There are five people supporting the account, but I only communicate directly with the account manager on a daily basis.

How did you come to work with Fruition?

I did some research, some with Clutch, and received referrals in town. We had already been engaged with an SEO agency, but I wasn’t satisfied with the results we were seeing for the budget. I got in touch with Fruition, and they seemed like a good fit.

We spend between $100,000 and $200,000 annually for their work.

We started working with Fruition in May 2016. The relationship is ongoing. We’re in the process of developing another WordPress brochure site with Fruition since they met our expectations on the first one.

It was a simple task, but Fruition exceeded our expectations on the web development project. Year-over-year, we saw an 87% increase in organic traffic compared with when we were working with the other SEO company. There are other metrics we look at, in terms of blog traffic and users generated from it. We’ve seen some good conversion increases from the recommendations they've made.

How did Fruition perform from a project management standpoint?

One of the things I look for in an agency is its internal workload, and whether or they communicate frequently. We can be high-maintenance at times, but Fruition is easy to get ahold of, and they work with us as much as we need in order to achieve what we want.

They’ve always hit deadlines, for both the brochure site and content creation targets. I haven’t had any concerns in this sense.

One thing I appreciate about Fruition is that they aren’t afraid to learn about our industry. This was a challenge I laid out from the beginning since we’re in a unique industry, and only staff on a contract basis. They put in the effort to learn about what makes our industry unique, and what works for the different individuals we staff. We have targeted content that required hours of research, in addition to the time put into the main project.

They’ve done a good job on the PPC side of things, but I’d only rate them a 4.5/5 on it. For everything else, I’d give them a 5.

I already have.

Marketing Partner for Eye Care Center

“The idea that we have an all-encompassing team available to us is a strong attribute.”

Mar. 2005 - Ongoing

Fruition lends strategic guidance for digital and traditional marketing campaigns that promote a healthcare company. The team helps with rebranding, print collaterals, website updates, SEO, and paid search.

Director of Marketing, Eye Care Center

Fruition technical expertise has led to dramatic results, as evident in the strong recall and search ranking of the brand. Fruition’s range of services is also impressive, which makes them ideal for clients looking for a one-stop marketing shop.

I am the director of marketing for an eye care center, which started in 1999 as a LASIK provider. After the first 15 years, we made the move to become an all-encompassing medical and surgical eye care provider, offering advanced treatments for glaucoma and cataracts. We are now positioned to become a national center of excellence and have started building regional centers of excellence with different brands and names across multiple US states.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fruition?

When the relationship started, our aim was to grow the business and achieve a recognizable brand in the community. We also needed to build a website that translated that same prominence in the market.

We recently changed names. We kept our first name variant for a long time. However, we knew that it wasn’t our future, and we needed to expand its scope. We needed to figure out what brand name could take us from our old name to the new one, while still carrying the brand equity and highlight where we wanted to go.

Over time, Fruition has become an important partner for us. They have helped us in all facets of marketing, elevating our brand and positioning as well as strengthening our digital presence.

They have updated the site several times over the years to meet changing behaviors of people online. For instance, mobile wasn’t a thing when we made the first version of the site. When it became bigger, Fruition helped make our page responsive and adapted it to the changing landscape. They’ve never been happy with the website and always see room for improvement. We constantly test new features and items in order to make it more effective. This is a powerful piece of our relationship with Fruition.

In terms of more traditional marketing, Fruition has helped us with the design of internal and marketing print collateral and logos. We’ve had 4 versions of these materials as our name transitioned. They’ve helped update our brand and identity with each name change. There was always a large amount of research that went into the work beforehand. Fruition never delivered a logo because they thought it was pretty. There was always justification and data around how certain colors and fonts are relatable to our target audience. We need to be data-oriented in marketing, given the degree of softness in the industry. With Fruition, this is always in place when we are given change recommendations.

Our current logo and branding identity were developed through Fruition’s input. Fruition put together a complete branding and identity package that showcased all the research they put behind the logo, font use, colors, and general branding. It is strong and has many subtle pieces with multiple underlying meanings. We embraced and stood behind it, turning it into a strong brand. We suffered during the transition period, but we now have a name that we can all be proud of.

Fruition also helped us fine-tune how we approached paid search campaigns. They made tests in order to determine the best return on investment.

How did you come to work with Fruition?

They were selected before my time with the company. I do know that we were both local companies, which definitely played into the decision. More likely, it had to do with Fruition’s expertise and ability to be a partner for us. We wanted to work with someone whom we know will be there for us and whose expertise we can trust.

How much have you invested with Fruition?

The cost has varied depending on the specific project over the years. Recently, we’ve paid $15,000 per month for Fruition’s services.

We started working together in March 2015, and the engagement is still ongoing.

I have to highlight the fact that people search for our brand more than they search for the general service we provide. This is a point of pride for me since it shows the value of our brand right there. Fruition was instrumental in helping us build that.

When we were struggling with different names and what we could call ourselves, people were still calling us by our old name in the community. Now, I can tell that our current brand is strong by checking out our branded searches. Since 2016, I have been seeing increases in searches for our new name. People are mentioning us because we are a big player in the Denver market, and we have many reviews referencing us in the right way.

Digital marketing is a huge factor in growing our site’s SEO [search engine optimization] value. The strengths we now have for our domain and brand surpass general category searches in our market. We have not only achieved this but managed to keep it, which is a difficult thing to do in the current changing digital landscape.

I don’t have specific numbers for other metrics. I do know that our organic search, website, and overall traffic continue to grow on an annual basis. We have beaten last year’s numbers every year. When I looked at the recent numbers for 2017, I saw a 50% increase in traffic compared to 2016. We have a strong growth, much of which has to do with testing and working out the right messaging and campaigns.

Fruition has done a great job of adapting to trends and whatever is happening with search. They keep our site relevant, strong, searchable, and lead-driving. The latter is a huge piece of our direct-to-consumer business, and the site has been constantly worked on to improve conversions. Fruition has even helped us attract a private equity investor, which enabled us to grow at an exponential speed and expand to different states. This happened through the work Fruition has provided over the years.

How did Fruition perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication has been stellar. I know that I’m a demanding client, but Fruition has always been available. We are attended to by multiple members of the team, and they listened to our ideas and suggestions. When we have brainstorming sessions together, it feels like Fruition is an extension of our team. I don’t think that one day goes by without contacting them, but we exchange emails as much as needed around pertinent projects. There would be weekly updates to help us keep track of projects. If we threw them a project that could affect a previous deadline, they would communicate that to us. We also have a monthly sit-down meeting to look at results.

What did you find most impressive about Fruition?

Fruition’s technical expertise stands out because they deliver results at the end of the day. When things need to be tweaked, they do so. This is the simplest but most effective way of assessing them.

Secondly, the idea that we have an all-encompassing team available to us is a strong attribute. We don’t have to go to different agencies for different parts of our marketing. The fact that we could go to Fruition when our social media work started was a valuable thing to have. It’s hard to manage multiple partners and have everyone speaking to each other. If we can lean on one partnership for all of this, it will be ideal.

Are there any areas Fruition could improve?

I’m sure I’ve had constructive feedback for them at some point, but everything works well overall.

We’ve been a difficult client at times, but Fruition is agile in adapting to our requests. The communication is stellar.
    We appreciate their ability to keep some pieces on retainer; they provide great value for us.
    I’ve spoken a lot on this point. Fruition is a good partner.
    I definitely like the whole team.

Web Dev & Digital Marketing for Dental Support Company

"Everything we hoped and dreamed, Fruition has delivered, and they keep delivering as we continue to expand."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Fruition has been involved from the beginning. They built an entirely new website with self-service functions, curated a social media presence, integrated brand collateral, and provided SEO and analytics.

Brandon Halcott
CEO, Tru Family Dental

In an industry with very high conversion costs, Fruition has a tremendous ROI. The website they designed is sleek and user-friendly. The team is accessible any time, regardless of the time difference. They are a naturally organized group; they make collaboration straightforward.

I’m the CEO of Tru Family Dental, which is a practice support organization for dental offices. We provide back-office support to dental practices with whom we’ve affiliated. We have seven offices that are currently under our umbrella, and we provide operational, IT, marketing, and onboarding support. Pretty much everything that helps the office run smoothly, we handle on the backend - anything but the delivery of care.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fruition?

We needed to attract new patients and have a consistent presence online.

Fruition built out the entire website, from the page for Tru Family Dental to each individual practice location. We’re in different geographies, so there was the main site, and also one for the all the subs. We grow through affiliation, meaning we buy other offices. When we do that, we’ve got a model to get that practice up to speed pretty quickly. We have a professional photographer come by, drop those photos in, create the social media pages across Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., and then get off and rolling with a PPC campaign. We immediately start tracking our keyword SEO ranking across a span of 75 or more keywords, and then it’s off to the races. That’s how we put it all together out of the gate.

Tru Family is three years old, and Fruition was here from the beginning. We had three or four offices at that time. Once we figured out the brand and everything, Fruition went out and built the website and all the pages. For any new office we acquire, it’s now a temple. You just change the city, location, photos, and team member information, and you drop it in. That helps us to scale efficiently.

There’s a social media manager who spends time with us. We’ve got a dedicated development manager, and then a dedicated PPC manager. So, all those channels are handled; social, online, and then the PPC. Additionally, there’s a fourth team member who is a business manager, making sure we’re looking at our spend per patient acquisition online through different channels. That’s the whole package, and we get full access to everyone. We have to continually evolve, so as we change the way we monitor calls or new pieces of collateral going out either in practice or mail, Fruition is there, helping to design and set up the correct analytics behind it. Once we send it out and capture data, they review that.

We really wanted to have a lot of access to data from a dynamic number insertion perspective, with the different properties we have. That technology is in there. We’re able to pull reviews from our individual Google+ pages to the web chat automatically with a plugin. We have a practice management software that we use. As a medical provider, there’s insurance, billing, all these other things that are connected together. That captures the patient information once they come. The leads are directed to a call center. We’ve actually built a plugin into the website to allow patients to complete their health history online versus having to print out the papers and then scan it. Those are some of the little bits and pieces in terms of tech that’s placed in.

How did you come to work with Fruition?

I’ve known of Fruition for a period of time through friends. I knew of their experience in multi-unit health care marketing. Once we got this thing off the ground, I wanted to reach out to them early. I wanted to make sure we were getting a provider that knew what they were doing in multi-unit health care.

How much have you invested with Fruition?

When I look at what I spend with them for support, ongoing SEO monitoring, and development, then what my PPC spend is, we’re best-in-class for our industry. I know what our industry dynamics are for the cost to get a patient in the chair, and the ROI is favorable to a high degree.

We started working together around January of 2015, and our relationship is ongoing.

The volume and year-over-year growth have increased. All the metrics are exceptional. Our site is clean, elegant, and responsive. Everything we hoped and dreamed, Fruition has delivered, and they keep delivering as we continue to expand. I’ve never any issues with the reliability and functionality of the website.

My cost to get a patient in the practice is less than the industry average. One practice we affiliated with used to see one or two new patients a month. They now see 20 to 30 new patients a month.

How did Fruition perform from a project management standpoint?

There haven’t been any problems with the time zone difference or getting in touch with them. They’re accessible by phone, email, and Skype. They have an emergency support number, and it’s all good to go.

What did you find most impressive about Fruition?

Across the board, they’re really committed to the organization. I have an office that’s going to go live in June, and we got billed in May for it. I sent an email to the billing department at Fruition, and a minute later it comes back with that invoice change, no questions asked. I’ve tried to fight other vendors on stuff, and I get nowhere with them. They’re very much client-facing, and whenever I have a question on an invoice, they get it done immediately. With all my other vendors, it’s like I’m trying to pull teeth, no pun intended.

Are there any areas Fruition could improve?

I know they’re working on building some business intelligence tools that will drive more reporting data. You can get anything you want now, but version 2.0 is going to be interesting, once they get a BI tool in there that populates and pushes.

SEO for eCommerce Company

"They continue to show us results that blow my mind."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Working from a basic outline, Fruition developed custom SEO services and guidance for optimized marketing performance in key areas of online presence.

Sumner, Washington
Sheri Butte
Owner, SMB Sales

Fruition’s efforts have created continued positive results. They demonstrated immense technical skill and perfect implementation, all with hands-off independence and friendly staff.

I have been the owner of SMB Sales Inc. since 2002, and we are located in Sumner, WA. I oversee all aspects of our online businesses, including buying, selling, and web management. We run two e-commerce sites.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fruition?

We needed an SEO friendly website and a clear, concise direction on how to implement and retain an SEO strategy.

I gave them a basic outline of what I needed. Fruition took it from there. I knew we needed help with respect to a decline in organic SEO. I had no idea how deep the problem was until Fruition brought it all to my attention. They saved us!

How did you come to work with Fruition?

Fruition was a reference I received from a trusted source.

How much have you invested with Fruition?

It is in the $50,000-$200,000 range.

We have been with Fruition for about 6 months, and I plan to retain them for as long as they will have me. Since SEO is constantly changing with Google algorithm changes, it is absolutely necessary for us to have a company of people that has this knowledge as Fruition does.

Over the past 6 months, we are going nowhere but up!  We see detailed positive results on a continual basis. Their focus on improving our business is second to none. Only a business owner themselves would have more focus and dedication.

I'm also absolutely blown away by their technical skill and the ease in which they implement it. It's almost hands-off, which is exactly what I wanted. Don't get me wrong; you can be as involved as you want and learn everything they do. I just needed someone to take the bull by the horns and run it for me, and that is exactly what they did.

How did Fruition perform in terms of project management?

They performed perfectly.

What did you find most impressive about Fruition?

They first impressed me with their consistent ability to work unsupervised. I gave a general direction, and they ran with it. They continue to show us results that blow my mind; I just get to sit back and write a check once a month. It could not be easier.

Are there any areas where Fruition could improve?

No improvement would be possible. They really are exceeding any expectations I had, especially Courtney; she is amazing!

Overall Score Ok nobody is perfect, but they come very close!
    Always right on target: right on time or early.
    Cost is considerable, but the ROI blows away the investment!
    Consistent, detailed, positive results speak for themselves.
    Absolutely recommend these fine people!

Web Design & SEO for Contact Center Provider

"They feel very much like an extension and not just a vendor."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Fruition designed a new website, created some custom artwork for it, and improved its SEO. Now, Fruition provides ongoing social media management for the client's profiles.

Arvada, Colorado
Andy Gunther
President, Interactive Engineering Consortium

It is still too early to gauge revenue increases, but the client has certainly seen a traffic increase due to Fruition's work. Fruition was particularly praised for its energetic team and willingness to learn more about the client's industry.

We’re a small software reseller. We resell contact center solutions for Interactive Intelligence. They’re a company based out of Indiana recently acquired by Genesys Technologies. I’m the owner of the company. We’ve got 5 employees, and we do everything when it comes to Interactive Intelligence products—from sales, to support, to custom development, implementation, and training.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fruition?

We always came up short on our new logo sales piece, so we went to Fruition to help with marketability and branding in order to win new business.

Overall, we wanted them to give us a full marketing identity which we never had before. So, Fruition wrote a new web page for us. They had some quiz-type of content asking questions, with automatic quotes being generated. Fruition also developed new artwork for us, spent some time looking at our competitors, and worked out our SEO [search engine optimization] to help us come out on the top of search lists.That was phase 1.

Phase 2 was a long-term retention where we managed our social profiles. They’ve got a few folks dedicated to us. Fruition is dedicated to us for about 20 to 30 hours a month, and they always look for better ways to write articles for us, promote different sections of our site, or make updates to things because it’s a really fast changing environment that we’re working in.

How did you come to work with Fruition?

I think I just googled “marketing agencies” in Denver. I visited them and one other organization. We went and did a preliminary meeting with each and asked them to give a high-level estimate budget on website redesign and rebuild project. The other company was more than twice the cost estimate of Fruition. The Fruition team seemed a little more current, certainly faster, and more dynamic. They fit better with us.

How much have you invested with Fruition?

If I remember right, I think we were around $30,000 for phase 1. The monthly retainer has been $3,000 a month.

We started working together in March 2016. We have a monthly recurring engagement where there is a social media calendar built out for the next 6 months with posts, articles, and blogs that they’re going to publish for us.

They didn’t know anything about contact centers when we hired them, and now they’re writing articles where it sounds as if they have been in it for 20 years. They are doing a great job of becoming experts in the space. They’ve done everything we’ve asked of them, but it takes a long time to actually start seeing the results. We’ve only had the website up for 5 months now, and the social component has only been about a month in, so we haven’t seen any real uptick in new business, but we have seen a lot of uptick in traffic. There is no hard bottom line, but that’s to be expected at this point. To a larger extent, what we were looking for in this first phase was to give our customers a place to go where they can validate who we are and what we provide.

How did Fruition perform from a project management standpoint?

Overall, I think I did a pretty good job. I’m more of a developer by nature. So once the project manager connected me with the development resources, she got out of the way, which worked for all the people that were involved except for her. She was left out a little bit, but she stayed on top of it. She made sure we hit our dates.

What did you most impressive about Fruition?

I really dig the team spirit. Everybody that worked on our project was energized about being a part of it. They were excited to be working on our stuff. They’ve always been complimentary of how we all work together. It’s been a nice group to work with. They feel very much like an extension and not just a vendor.

Are there any areas Fruition could improve?

Not really. Like I said, Fruition hit every mark we asked them to. Everything has gone really well. Fruition met all their timelines and hit all their deliverables. Fruition continues to do good at writing and are becoming experts in the space. I’ve been thoroughly impressed with how quickly they’ve adopted our technology and learned how to communicate on our level for being in a space they have never worked in before.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Fruition?

The only thing I can say is that it’s a customer’s nature to be scrutinous of a contract and to look for how they're going to come out on the short end of the stick with this type of arrangement. I didn’t do that with Fruition, and they have proven to me that I never needed to. They just did a really good job. We all had a gentlemen’s agreement on the things that were loosely worded. We agreed to figure out a good path to make sure everybody was happy here, and we absolutely did that. Once the project team got rolling, nobody ever went back to the contract and said, “I don’t see this or that in there.” That never happened. To trust them is my biggest piece of advice. If you’re going to hire them, go ahead and put your trust in them.

Overall Score Fruition did a great job.
    Absolutely.

Web Design for City of Ontario

"Very knowledgeable staff that knows the various tools they use."

Feb. - June 2015

Fruition offered web development services and content management solutions for a city government’s web presence. Security and quality content were key aspects of their work.

Ontario, California
Colin Fernandes
IT Operations Manager, City of Ontario

Fruition proved capable of providing technical solutions such as pre-loaded events banners. They offered strong customer service and area expertise.

The City of Ontario is a local government in Southern California. I am the IT Operations Director that oversees the website development for the city. Fruition has been a partner since 2012 and helps the city develop a new website on the Drupal platform. Most recently there were tasked with the development of a new Ontario International Airport website.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fruition?

The city was tired of its restricted content management system and old website design. Fruition utilized open source tools to develop the city website. They tailored the content management process to exactly fit our business process. We eliminated the annual support agreement and only engage Fruition when we need there support. This model has work successfully to keep costs low and not sacrifice support or capabilities.

Fruition provided website design and development services to the City of Ontario. The goal of these services is to move the websites to a new server and content management system that will facilitate website updates, improve security, and provide an improved long-term solution to the city. The website would also be responsive and be optimized for mobile devices.

Fruition was contracted to deliver a new city website as well as several other smaller sites utilizing open source content management systems.

How did you come to work with Fruition?

We had first been introduced to Fruition as part of the SetONTFree Airport campaign. They were the site builders. We had such a great experience working with them and their open source tools we decided to include them in the RFP for a new City of Ontario website and Intranet redesign.

$50,000-$200,000.

What is the status of the engagement?

Our project lasted from February to June 2015. Fruition is still a great partner to work with and has helped the city on many of its website projects. Most recently they have built the flyontario.com website for the Ontario International Airport.

The best demonstration of the success we have had with Fruition is our city website www.ontarioca.gov. The focus of the site was to quickly provide the information needed by our residents and the business community. We have also been able to add small enhancements to the site with the help of Fruition. For example, the homepage banners can be scheduled like events. This allows us to pre-load banners for upcoming holidays and events which make the site seem more dynamic.

How did Fruition perform in terms of project management?

They did great by keeping us on schedule but at the same time allowing us to make adjustments that fit our objectives.

What did you find most impressive about Fruition?

Very knowledgeable staff that knows the various tools they use. Great customer service.

Are there any areas where Fruition could improve?

Thus far, we have already made the necessary changes to improve our relationship. I can’t think of a specific area, but technology is ever changing, so it would be good for them to keep up with it.

The Fruition team we found was very bright and talented. Websites are very visual, and it helps both them and their customers to show them examples of what you want. Words sometimes don’t describe the look you're trying to achieve.

Digital Marketing Consulting for Insurance Service

"They're always very interested in the business and understanding our goals."

2013 - Ongoing

Fruition serves as a consultating and strategic digital marketing partner. They provide SEO, conversion testing, keyword bidding, content creation, analytics, and site development.

Sr. Integrated Marketing Manager, Insurance Quotes

After one year of optimization, the company's top site ranks within the top 3 positions for 48% and on the first page for 85% of its targeted keywords. Fruition impresses with their trustworthiness, collaborative approach, and thorough knowledge of best practices.

My company is an authoritative insurance comparison-shopping site for consumers and the premier customer acquisition platform for insurance agents and carriers.

Our mission is to demystify the insurance shopping experience, so that shoppers can simply and easily find the coverage that's right for them, and providers can inform, educate, and secure new customers through a marketplace that's comprehensive and trusted.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm the senior integrated marketing manager. My responsibilities include developing, implementing, and measuring strategic multi-platform marketing campaigns for the B2B side of our organization.

What was your goal for working with Fruition?

We brought them on board as a consulting and strategic partner. We were looking for them to provide insight as well as an executional resource for us to support our digital marketing growth.

They act as a consultant in SEO [search engine optimization], on-page optimization, conversion testing, strategy, paid search, keyword bidding, content creation, and linked building, helping us understand industry best practices and gaining a better view of performance reporting to achieve maximum returns on our marketing activity.

Additionally, they've supported our vision to run unique contests and promotions to reach agents that we hadn't talked with previously and provide fun activities for our active agents by developing microsites for March Madness and NFL fantasy brackets.

What was your process for selecting Fruition with which to work?

We chose them because of their vast experience. They're a boutique agency, so from the beginning we felt like a valued client.

Their CEO always has taken a personal interest in meeting with us and sharing. They've always displayed a keen understanding to our business and our goals. We've got the feeling that they're willing to go to the extra length to help us grow our bottom line.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work-hour figure?

It is a rolling annual contract worth north of $100,000

When was the work completed?

It's ongoing. They started working with the B2B [business-to-business] back in mid-2013. They recently expanded their role to support the consumer side of the business.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

Before we brought Fruition on board our #1 branded B2B website ranked organically on the top 3 Google search positions for only 4% of our top 84 keywords.  After a year of work on optimizing our site structure and content, that number had increased to 48%. Additionally, we’ve been able to rank organically on the first page of results for 85% of our tracked keywords compared to 41% when we started working with Fruition.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

Yes. They have really helped us understand best practices and Google algorithm changes and all the recommendations they've made to us have been predicated on that.

Is there anything unique or special about Fruition that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

The personal interest that they display is unique. They're always very interested in our business and understanding our goals. It's not just coming to the table with "here is what you should do."

They have always been interested to understand where we're trying to take the business and then be able to make their recommendations based on that. They've also been a great source to be able to bounce ideas off of. That's something that has sometimes been a challenge for us being a small marketing team.

They are also very concerned with ensuring that we understand all the steps they are taking to help us, passing that learning on to us rather than holding processes and insights close to their chest.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

I would say if you're looking for an agency with a high level of integrity and aptitude for the evolving digital marketing industry, that's Fruition. They've been a real valued partner in our strategic marketing decision. We rely on their expertise and professionalism to stay ahead of the competition. Personally, I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for that type of partner in their digital marketing success.

Any obstacle that we've encountered with our relationship so far, they've been able to work with us overcome. Any conflicts are identified early in the process.

We would recommend them to anybody looking for someone to help them make their way through the ever-changing, bumpy digital industry.

Digital Marketing for Financial Services Company

"They over delivered. That’s rare. They are extremely good at what they do."

Fruition provides PPC campaign and organic search services for a financial firm. The goal is to increase customer visibility and page rankings within the industry.

CEO, Financial Media Group

Fruition consistently exceeds expectations, delivering significantly improved metrics and regularly reporting on measurable results. The team's dedicated work ethic, engaging communication, and creative approach ensure exceptional solutions.

We are a database company. We collect and refine data from the financial industry, specifically the securities firms and advisors that work within the marketplace. We do a lot of data analytics.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the CEO. I oversee business operations and development projects when it comes to development of new technologies and software and things like that.

What was your goal for working with Fruition?

Originally, our goal was to increase our page ranking within our target industry. We have strong competition, and we saw they were ranking higher than we were. We wanted to increase our visibility when our target audience and clients are searching for the types of services we provide.

They were very clear with us regarding the timeline it would take to achieve our objective. They made a plan with us early on to introduce a more aggressive PPC [pay-per-click] program. The ultimate goal was to move away from that and rely on the organic search traffic to take over. We’re one year in, and we’ve been able to do that. We recently eliminated the PPC advertising and moved entirely to organic search work.

What was your process for selecting Fruition with which to work?

I did research and talked to a few firms. One of the reasons that I selected Fruition is that I knew Jen [LaFlam, business development employee at Fruition] from a previous position. It gives you a higher level of comfort when you have that personal relationship. That was a factor for us. The personal relationship wasn’t the main reason we hired them, but it was a factor. All SEO [search engine optimization] firms claim to be able to accomplish the same things. It’s hard to discern whether they are able to deliver or not.

It was slightly more than $50,000 for the year

When was the work completed?

It’s ongoing work.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

I do a monthly review with them. They run through the Google analytics and all the primary ISPs [Internet service providers] to show us the tangible results they are able to produce. We’re looking at month-over-month and year-over-year increases. I don’t have the hard statistics, but I’ll tell you in a general sense that we see month-on-month progress – movement up the page for all the key areas we’re focused on.

We have defined progress that we are able to track monthly and weekly. That’s important when you’re making this kind of investment. We’re tracking cost per lead and how many leads we’re generating. That requires internal setup. We have leads coming in many forms: the phone, website, and filling out our contact form. There’s a number of avenues how they found their way to us. You want to be able to know if the dollars are well spent. It is easy for us now to see where our leads are coming from.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

They met every objective we’ve given them. They by far surpassed my expectations. They over delivered. That’s rare. They are extremely good at what they do.

I was pleasantly surprised at how they have remained highly engaged with us. They will keep us on task. They never lose focus. They’re constantly working behind the scenes. They took on making changes to the website. They will post content and make edits for us. I’ve been very pleased with the overall level of service with these guys. They’re not “sell you and forget you.”

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

I would say be prepared for the fact that they do a tremendous amount of the heavy lifting and work. It’s a cooperative effort. It’s going to take work on your part, too. You still have to guide them to what your clients are interested in. They’ll prod you.

That’s a tough one. I would be hard pressed to find an area of criticism. They are extremely diligent. I think it’s the nature of the business. It’s ingrained in them to be constantly on the ball.

Online Scheduling Company SEO

"They were flexible and open enough to accept change in process management and flow."

Oct. 2014 - Ongoing

Fruition fixed bad link-building and removed a Google manual audit penalty from a large site. They contacted webmasters, reviewed platform files, and ensured best practices.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Kendall Matthews
VP of Marketing, AppointmentPlus

Fruition successfully removed the manual audit penalty within ninety days. The agency was flexible, technically skilled, and willing to implement a range of strategies. Their dynamic, comprehensive approach to SEO achieved profitable results.

Please describe your company.

We are AppointmentPlus, an online scheduling software. We’ve been around since 2001, helping businesses, franchises, and Fortune 500 companies that have complex scheduling needs. Our platform automates a lot of that process for them, resulting in up to a 70 percent reduction of no-shows. Our software handles any type of appointment. We have about 89 employees right now, and we’re projected to have another 70 in 2015. We’re located in Scottsdale, Arizona.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I am the vice president of global marketing.

What was your goal in working with Fruition?

In August 2013, we had a manual audit penalty from Google, which was placed on us because of some bad link-building practices of previous SEO [search engine optimization] companies. Our website is around 600-plus pages, and we have only one developer, so it takes a lot of time to remove those links. We went through three different SEO firms trying to get them removed, and we had internal Google link parties trying to remove them as well. Nothing worked until we connected with Fruition. They were able to remove the Google link manual audit penalty from us in less than 90 days.

The specific scope was to go back and contact all of the webmasters that were linking back to us, to go through all of our Google website platform files using Google webmaster tools, and then to make sure they’re having the files edited properly. The hope was that when Google did the reconsideration, it could be done quickly.

What was your process in selecting Fruition with which to work?

Our CEO met Fruition’s business development manager at an industry event they were both attending. Since I’d already been through three different SEO companies, I knew exactly what I was looking for. I gave Fruition’s team about four months to see what they were able to produce.

We pay a retainer of $3,000 a month to Fruition.

When did you start working with them and is the relationship ongoing?

We started working with Fruition in October 2014, and we are still working with them. We’ve expanded the contract to include paid media and social networking services. Soon, I’ll be adding their public relations and possibly their reputation management services.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback from the project?

I enjoy working with them because they are open to change. My background is in direct response marketing, and there’s a particular way I like to do things, or have processes and frameworks laid out. They were 100 percent open to trying to figure out a way to make things happen. For example, while they were working on removing the Google penalty, I also needed to have another website built. So, within that first engagement, they were open to helping me create a WordPress website from scratch, and then their designers helped create our new mascot. They found a designer outside of their company and set up the contract for me. They managed that whole process, so I didn’t have to do anything and had only one bill to pay. That was a sign of their flexibility, and one of the main reasons I continue to use them today.

Is there anything unique about Fruition that really makes them stand out compared to other companies?

They take a holistic approach to SEO. They know it’s more than just changing keywords and meta descriptions. They have good article and content writers. They also have a strategy and a plan laid out to increase engagement. They were flexible and open enough to accept change in process management and flow.

I think that our communication has been evolving. I appreciate how they started the engagement, and now we communicate with them daily. They’re like an extension of our own marketing team.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

I would recommend that clients make sure they have their deliverables and requirements lined out before contacting them. Doing your due diligence before connecting with anybody is crucial.

Magento Implementation Tailor Made Products, Inc

"They’re good at bringing new things to our attention to stay on top of what’s going on in the industry."

2013 - Ongoing

Fruition collaborated on the development, design, and deployment of an e-commerce branding website, offering a range of creative options. The team continues to provide maintenance and SEO services.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mike Marchewka
National Sales Director, Tailor Made Products, Inc.

E-commerce business has grown sevenfold since 2013, with a dramatic increase in traffic and conversions. Fruition’s ongoing optimization work has ranked the website highly in keywords and organic search results. The team is responsive, flexible, and provides valuable recommendations.

Please describe your company.

We are a privately held manufacturing and sourcing firm in the housewares industry. We have national brands, which are kitchen tools. One is real tools for kids, and the other is an adult fruit and vegetable prep line. We also do a line of private label kitchen utensils, like spoons and spatulas, for national retailers as well. We have another branded program, which is a racking system for five-gallon water bottles that we sell to the water trade and to water customers.

I’m the national sales director.

Could you describe the business challenge that you were trying to address when you first approached Fruition?

We had one brand at the time, and we had a website up, but it was developed in-house and wasn’t what the brand needed to grow. We wanted to design a first-class site from the ground up. We wanted to be able to get the brand name out in a big way and have a very user-friendly e-commerce site. We wanted to sell product as well as inform, and we wanted to hire an expert to do that instead of trying to do it in-house half-baked.

Could you describe the actual scope of work assigned to them?

It was a true collaborative effort. We came in with certain ideas on what we wanted the site to do, a little bit on how we wanted it to look. Then, we kind of threw it out to them from the creative side and asked them to show us what it could be. They gave us some ideas to pick from, and we collaborated from that point on. They were involved in all aspects of the development, design, and deployment.

How did you come to choose Fruition as your partner?

Our CEO at the time was attending a conference and ran into Jonathan Mills [Fruition's director of business development]. They struck up a conversation, and Jonathan was pitching Fruition and what they could bring to the party. Our CEO found it very interesting, and we started the process. We did our due diligence and searched for different firms, narrowed it down to a couple, did our interviewing, and ended up with Fruition at the end of the day.

It was about $20,000 to $25,000 per website.

What is the status of the project?

We’ve been working with them for two years now, and the relationship is ongoing.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the quality of their performance?

Our e-commerce business has grown sevenfold last year versus calendar year 2013. We’re getting the traffic and conversions we wanted. In terms of keyword searches and where this brand turns up in organic search results, it’s been extremely high. That’s due in a large part to the design of the site, content of the site, and the ongoing optimization done by Fruition. Right before site launch, they worked around the clock and did whatever they needed to do to get it done. They're really responsive. We needed a meeting, and they found time for the meeting. They’ve always been flexible like that, which is greatly appreciated.

When working with Fruition, is there anything that you would consider unique about their strategic approach or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

They were extremely patient, extremely understanding, and very easy to work with. They’re always good at bringing new things to our attention, and stay on top of what’s going on in the industry. In that sense, they’ve always been able to offer us great recommendations on how we can improve our online presence as a whole.

In retrospect, are there areas in which you think they could improve as a service provider?

We got used to a certain level of response time, and as Fruition’s business has picked up, that’s been a little tougher. It’s not really a problem; it’s just a little longer. We’re hoping that they won’t simply outgrow us.

What advice, if any, would you give a future client of theirs?

Be open and collaborative. Jonathan and his team are really good about offering a different point of view. They’re really good at presenting alternative visions of different aspects of development. They can really streamline the development process, but you have to come to the table with an open mind.