For Rock And Games

We create because we love to and cut when we have to

We've made entire educational MMMORPGs, tiny cartoon sports games, life-saving VR simulations and Hearthstone style card games

We aim high and learn from our misses

We specialize in Unity and Unreal Engine 4.

We have messy whiteboards and clean code.

We are ALWAYS looking to learn.

Lahore, Pakistan

DeNA

Aeria Games

Ford

White Wizard Games

BulkyPix

Mountain Dew

Mobile Game Development for Android & iOS

“FRAG's team is more interested in the quality of the product than the price of the bid.”

FRAG is developing a mobile multiplayer game for iOS and Android, using Unity. They've helped redesign characters more conducive to the mobile gaming environment as needed.

Gardendale, Texas
Justin Trowbridge
CEO, Scooter Moose Games

FRAG continues to provide high-quality design and development work ahead of schedule. They provide creative solutions at no additional charge in order to prioritize the quality of the final product. Proactive and accessible, they're a great team to collaborate with.

I'm the CEO of Scooter Moose Games, a small video game development company.

What challenge were you trying to address with FRAG?

As a small company, we don't have the capital to bring on an entire development team, so we were looking to outsource the development of a mid-core, player(s) versus player(s) (PvP) game.

After providing FRAG with a basic concept and designed characters, they started developing a mobile game for iOS and Android, using Unity. They've been heavily involved throughout the process, and helped us narrow down the scope of work in order to achieve the core functionality of the game within our budget constraints.

I work with a project manager and about three artists and three coders. I've also been in communications with their CEO.

How did you come to work with FRAG?

I found FRAG through Upwork. After receiving about 100 replies to our project, I ultimately felt that FRAG provided the most in-depth and realistic response. We originally posted the scope of work with a smaller budget than what was needed to achieve everything we wanted, but FRAG's team was honest about what we could do with what we were willing to spend.

We've invested about $25,000 thus far.

We started working with them in January 2018 and we just finished the alpha phase. We anticipate that we'll be ready to launch around September.

We've received a lot of positive feedback internally so far—everyone is very impressed with the work they've done. The art quality is superb and the gameplay function is already playable in a multiplayer format in the first phase.

They've also taken it upon themselves to make sure that they're providing the best possible product for us. The character designs I provided weren't conducive to a top-down view, so FRAG redesigned all the characters based on my original submissions to improve the quality of the game without changing their original quote.

How did FRAG perform from a project management standpoint?

They make themselves available for conference calls twice a week, which helps keep project milestones on track. They ensure all tasks are completed timely within a couple of days or by the end of the week after we discuss them.

FRAG's team is more interested in the quality of the product than the price of the bid. They'll expand the scope of a project (within reason) without expanding the budget just to make sure that they're providing a quality product for their customers. They've been invaluable in helping us get off the ground.

Be open minded to hearing the reality of a scope of a project. Many companies try to emulate something else that's been successful with a fraction of a budget, so I suggest being open to narrowing the scope in order to have success on a smaller level.

Overall Score I've been extremely impressed with their professionalism and deliverables.
    We're ahead of schedule, despite the additional help they've provided.
    They're more worried about the quality of the product than expanding the budget.
    We've been very happy with their quality of work so far.
    They've been absolutely essential in helping our startup get off the ground.

Mobile Game Design for iOS & Android

“I’m a small company, but they always provided hands-on service and made me feel important.”

May - Nov. 2017

FRAG built a mobile game in Unity for a small startup. Working from existing designs and concepts, they developed an intuitive, fast-paced product for iOS and Android.

Jean Davis
Founder, 50shadows

They found the right technology and made useful suggestions for improvements. They were attentive and accommodating, conscientious of the budget, always patient, and willing to answer questions.

I own a small startup. I had an idea for a mobile game and decided to incorporate and raise money to build it.

What challenge were you trying to address with FRAG?

I worked with another company on the initial design, but their result didn’t work very well. I wanted a company with mobile gaming experience to help me rebuild it.

I had all the design ideas completed and a third-party designer in hand. I showed them the concept and talked about what platform we should use. They decided to build on a Unity platform and make the app function like a real game for both iOS and Android. I did background checks of our options and was pleased with their choice. They built storyboards and we went through development together to make changes and keep things on target. We had a couple of different versions to make sure nothing would break.

The game is called 50shadows. Players match clues to solve a light, comical mystery. They took my concepts and rebuilt the whole game from scratch. I have very little technical experience and they helped me through the process. They designed an intuitive, fast-paced game that flowed well and incorporated all the existing design. The designer created new content for some additional minigames within the app and we put together different pathways within the game. FRAG came up with a lot of ideas for improvements.

They assigned a project manager to act as my main point of contact. I also had two developers and an external design lead.

How did you come to work with FRAG?

I went on Upwork to find companies with the right background. I posted an RFP and got a few responses. FRAG’s experience drew me to them.

I spent around $18,000.

We worked on the app between May–November 2017. Any delays that happened during the process were on my end.

So far, most of my users are friends. This version was way more successful than the first one. FRAG found the perfect technology and the new version eliminates all the previous issues. It’s intuitive and completable in minutes. There are options to play with friends and I’m really pleased. I wanted to turn my concept into a game and I accomplished that without spending exorbitantly. In the future, I might scale it to make it more robust.

How did FRAG perform from a project management standpoint?

They worked really well. I was dependent on them and they were always patient with my lack of experience. They were gracious and accommodated my existing designer. Most of our work was through Skype and email and everything was well-documented. We also used google docs to share designs, workflow documents, and the project plan. Though I’m in New York and they’re in Pakistan, they were always available to work on my time. I could contact my project manager or either of my developers when I had a question.

Their understanding of gaming made a huge difference to the build and flow of the game. The other company I worked with just took my ideas and put it in an app. FRAG told me what would work and what wouldn’t and made the experience and the product so much better.

I have no complaints. I’m a small company, but they always provided hands-on service and made me feel important.

I would recommend FRAG to anyone who wanted to build a mobile game. They understand the technical aspects and will help you turn your concept into something great. Their customer service is good and I’d happily work with them again.

Overall Score I really enjoyed working with them. They were patient with me and willing to work with an outside designer. I had a very good experience.
    They met deadlines and kept me on track.
    They were extremely reasonable. I got a fully functional game that I’m really happy with for less than $20,000.
    Everything met my expectations. They did a very nice job.
    I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who wants to build a mobile game.

Game Development for E-Learning Startup

“We’re very happy with what FRAG delivered, and are planning a second project for the near future.”

Oct. 2015 - May 2016

An educational technology startup contracted FRAG initially to develop a game in Unity 3D. They ultimately developed a gaming platform with rich teaching functionality in Ruby on Rails.

Kansas City, MO
Clarence Tan
CEO, Edcoda

Though the platform is still being tested, students enjoy the game and the platform. It allows teachers to easily build courses and manage classrooms. It acts as a heath monitor for the classroom and all feedback has been positive.

We are an educational technology startup. We deliver online courses to K-12 kids through games. We built an educational gaming platform comprised of 3D games kids could learn from, with a learning management system where teachers and content providers could manage their courses.

What challenge were you trying to address with FRAG?

We initially went to them to develop a game. Based on their performance, we contracted them to build the platform.

They developed the whole platform from scratch on Ruby on Rails. It’s web-based and the game is a computer install. The game is built on Unity 3D, which is easy to switch to mobile platforms if we choose to in the future.

We’re trying to deliver a full online course through a game, which we feel is quite unique. We have a lot of video plugins, YouTube, PDF and slide readers, text to speech functionality, and other adaptive learning algorithms. We use a basic level of machine learning to track each student’s learning, proficiency level, and weaknesses. Once it captures that information, it goes back to the database of questions and populates the ones that are best for each student.

We had one project manager and started with a team of about 7. That grew to 12 at one point in the process.

How did you come to work with FRAG?

We hunted for a few companies and found FRAG through a referral from a friend. They were very affordable. Our only concern was a possible language barrier.

We spent $275,000–$300,000 with them.

We began around October 2015 and finished development around May 2017. We’re still doing updates and aren’t technically done yet.

We’re still piloting our software in a couple of schools now. The kids love the game and the platform is a win for both teachers and students. Teachers find the information and data useful. They can easily manage their classroom, without navigating a complicated learning management system. We built drag-and-drop course builder functions to manage classrooms and a notification system that alerts teachers when a student is struggling. It acts like a health monitor for the classroom. We’re very happy with what FRAG delivered, and are planning a second project for the near future.

How did FRAG perform from a project management standpoint?

A lot of development firms prefer to work within hours that fit their time zone, but they were willing to stay late. There were times when they were always available. We used Skype and Zoom to communicate and managed the project in Pivotal and Asana.

The fact that their founders and project managers all had a U.S. education made it very easy to communicate. There was no culture shock and it felt like we were working with Americans who happened to be in Pakistan.

Sometimes their other employees aren’t as good with English, but that’s understandable with outsourcing. They’re easy to work with and better than a lot of firms I’ve experienced.

There were a few bugs that needed fixing after we added new features. Those added a little time.
    In terms of balancing quality and price, they’re in the sweet spot.
    I would recommend them.