Delivering Excellence & Service with Dignity

We believe in delivering excellence & service with dignity.

We are passionate about delivering advanced software solutions that make a difference.

Our Principles:

We believe that “Delivering Excellence and Service with Dignity” will create a sustainable future for our Partners and Ourselves

• EXCELLENCE: We work with Partners who strive for highest quality in everything they do and are leaders in their field
  • SERVICE & PARTNERSHIP: We understand our partners’ core interests and ensure they are taken care of, making a valuable contribution to achieving success together
  • DIGNITY: Respect and understanding lead to trust; Trust and communication ensure a synergy that is greater than the component parts

How we partner:

• Dedicated Software Development Teams
  • Custom Software Development (long-term & short-term)

Key areas of expertise:

Lviv 79000
    Ukraine
    +38 (0) 32 232 97 70

eCommerce Development for Digital Marketing Agency

"They've completed everything we asked for, and Forbytes' CEO has taken the time to know our company and understand what we do."

Oct. 2016 - Dec. 2016

In this collaboration, Forbytes’ team developed an e-commerce website for the end client using technologies such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and SASS.

Denver, Colorado
Alonzo Green
Project Manager, Brainspin

The client found Forbytes’ code to be uniform throughout the website’s structure. They maintained regular communications and meetings to make sure everything was going well. The team was cited as easy to work with. They took the time to get to know the client and understand their business.

We're a digital marketing agency and website developer. I am a project manager within the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Forbytes?

We were developing an e-commerce website for a client.

Our group was handling the front-end, while Forbytes developed it using HTML, CSS, JavaScript and SASS. Forbytes assigned one main developer and a project manager for our project. They also had resources for internal code reviews.

How did you come to work with Forbytes?

My boss met and talked with Forbytes' principal, who was providing consultation on working with Scrum projects. Forbytes proposed a partnership for any work which we couldn't handle ourselves.

How much have you invested with Forbytes?

The cost of our project with Forbytes was around $9,000.

Our project was completed a couple of weeks ago, after a 2-3-months development period.

Forbytes delivered code which was assigned to our backend developers. Because I have experience in this field, I could tell that the quality of Forbytes' code was an improvement to our own. They structured CSS really well, making it easier for us to manage it afterwards. Our backend people found it to be uniform throughout the website's structure.

How did Forbytes perform from a project management standpoint?

Forbytes' principal called us once per month, making sure that everything was going well. Since we started, we've ended up having standup meetings every day. We realized that there were things which needed to be discussed on a regular basis, so the communication progressed as we went along. Forbytes also assigned a project manager, who kept in touch with me. I also communicated with their developer. We used Slack and Jira for project tracking.

What did you find most impressive about Forbytes?

I found Forbytes easy to work with. They've completed everything we asked for, and Forbytes' CEO has taken the time to know our company and understand what we do. This improved our communication.

Are there any areas Forbytes could improve?

Improvements were mostly on our end. Starting out with daily standup meetings would have helped us in the beginning.

On a few occasions, we thought that the work would be completed by the end of the week, but it ended up going into the next week.
    Forbytes was open about what they were charging, and offered us a lower rate for a particular developer, given that he was new to the company.
    Forbytes communicated with us about the HTML and CSS structures they were using, and why they were being used.
    Forbytes was really nice to work with, and we plan on using them in the future ourselves.

Application Dev for Hotel Management Consulting Firm

"Forbytes has done a good job delivering features and having code-review discussions with us."

2012 - 2016

Forbytes worked on a software-as-a-service solution hosted on Azure, using modern designs and functionalities to solve existing problems in the hotel industry.​

Helsingborg, Sweden
CTO/CEO, Telic Minds AB

Their Azure expertise was excellent during the project. The process was good and they were able to collaborate as one team. If the client was unhappy at any point, they tried to solve it. They delivered features with a customer-oriented mindset.​

We are a consulting company with the main focus on developing products for the hotel industry. We plan to release our product in 2016 or at the beginning of 2017, after a marketing stage. My position is chief executive and chief technology officer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Forbytes?

I was initially working by myself on another e-commerce product. I came to find that solutions of this kind for the hotel industry were not very user-friendly, and usually relied on local databases, instead of being in the cloud. My goal became to create a better product for this industry, which could solve many of the existing problems and be accessible through mobile devices.

Forbytes has worked on our software-as-a-service solution. It's hosted on Azure and uses modern designs and functionalities. We were using 2 developers in the past, but after working with Forbytes, we've only kept one in-house developer.

How did you come to work with Forbytes?

I have worked for another e-commerce company in Sweden. Forbytes was one of our outsourcing companies at the time, and I maintained a connection with them.

How much have you invested with Forbytes?

The cost of Forbytes' services has been around $6,000 per month. It was a large investment on our part.

We have been working with Forbytes for 4 years. The collaboration is ongoing. We finished the work on our last feature this week, and are now working on improvements. We haven't released the platform to users yet.

We have written extensive integration tests for every feature within the platform, through which we've been able to gauge general quality. Forbytes was a startup company in the beginning, but they've learned a lot throughout the process. Their Azure expertise is excellent, for example.

How did Forbytes perform from a project management standpoint?

We handled project management ourselves, developing the requirements for our system, and discussing them with Forbytes' team. The process was very good. We've tried to act as one team, instead of having a vendor-client relationship.

We used GitHub as a repository for features and documentation, as well as for issue tracking.

What did you find most impressive about Forbytes?

Forbytes has made an effort to do a good job. I had worked with their principal in the past when he acted as project manager. He has a customer-oriented mindset. If we were not happy at any point, Forbytes tried to solve it.

Overall Score There were no issues whatsoever. We have very open discussions with Forbytes.
    We handle time estimates ourselves. We're a technical group, so we can have discussions with Forbytes around scheduling. They've made an effort to deliver during high-pressure times.
    Other companies in Ukraine may be cheaper, but I think that we have a good deal with Forbytes.
    We have only worked with a few members of Forbytes' team. Those individuals would receive a 5-star rating.

E-commerce Dev for Fitness Nutrition Company

"Forbytes has done a good job recruiting people for us and measuring the performance of everyone in the team."

Dec. 2015 - Ongoing

Forbytes redeveloped an e-commerce platform to Magento and helped with the client’s custom content management system. They continue with the integration of new functions and systems.

Sweden, Stockholm
CTO, Fitness Nutrition Company

The team was easy to work with and they delivered satisfactory results. They did a very good job recruiting excellent and experienced resources for the project and measuring the team’s performance. The client would recommend them to anyone looking to outsource.​

We are the third-biggest sports nutrition company in the world. We have websites in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Austria, and so on. We have around 70 physical stores in Scandinavia, mainly in Sweden, but the bulk of our business is online, with over 100-million-dollar sales annually.

I am the chief technology officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Forbytes?

We were converting our e-commerce platform to Magento. It was hard for me to find either resources or a consultancy in Sweden, which could deliver the amount of work we needed. We started looking for an alternative.

Forbytes has mainly worked on our Magento platform. They have also provided some help with our custom-made content management system.

We are working with 3 developers and a quality assurance tester from Forbytes. Some of them have Magento experience, and all of them have worked with PHP. We use GitHub and Jenkins for deployments.

How did you come to work with Forbytes?

I receive offers on LinkedIn on a daily basis. I found that Forbytes had a long history with 2 companies in our group, so it was an easy pick. Everyone will promise to offer the best resources available, so having a history with 2 of our sister companies was the important factor for me. Besides lower prices, I wanted to find great people to work with.

We started working with 1 developer from Forbytes, gradually increasing the team size. I've been very picky in this regard, so I've traveled to Ukraine in order to meet the people personally. Forbytes also traveled to our location on a couple of occasions.

How much have you invested with Forbytes?

The cost of Forbytes' services has been above $100,000, for 3.75 dedicated resources.

We started working with Forbytes in December 2015. Our e-commerce work is done on a continual basis. There are always new functions and systems to integrate.

Forbytes has done a very good job in finding the right developer profiles for us. Our work is conducted by our internal lead developer; we also have 5 external resources, all of whom work together building our products. I can't attribute any particular result to Forbytes' work, but I am satisfied with them. They've been in charge of bug fixes and developing new functions in collaboration with our other consultants, so it's hard to determine who was responsible for what.

How did Forbytes perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Jira and Confluence for logging the work and for documentation. We have an Agile process which works well for us. Since we're working remotely, there needs to be a good routine in place. My main developer handles most of the communication with Forbytes, their quality assurance person reports to me, while the developers also work with our user experience designer and the e-commerce manager. The development is done in sprints, through a roadmap.

I know that Forbytes can assign project managers, but I've preferred to do everything myself. The senior person on their end has a sort of team leader function, but they all report to our own lead developer.

What did you find most impressive about Forbytes?

Forbytes has done a very good job recruiting our resources. We're a very picky group, but we've been given some excellent profiles. I wouldn't have been able to find the same level of developers in Stockholm. Forbytes' lead developer, for example, has been coding for 10 years and has worked on some big projects.

Are there any areas Forbytes could improve?

We're a special client for Forbytes, in the sense that we manage the team ourselves. Forbytes has done a good job recruiting people for us and measuring the performance of everyone in the team.

Overall Score Forbytes' chief executive officer is very easy to work with.
    The pricing is reasonable, but it doesn't compare to hiring 100 people in India for almost nothing, for example. Quality work seldom does.
    I rarely give perfect 5's. Forbytes has done a good job in finding the resources for us.
    Forbytes has asked me to act as a reference for a Swedish company. I would recommend working with them to anyone looking to outsource.

E-commerce Dev for Furniture Company

"The developers assigned to us by Forbytes have been very loyal, which is a hard thing to find, especially locally."

2014 - 2016

Forbytes redeveloped an e-commerce web platform using PHP and ReactJS for the furniture company, which sells products online to the Scandinavian market.​

Helsingborg, Sweden
Thomas Andersson
Ecommerce Manager / CTO, Trademax

Forbytes was a perfect fit in taking care of the recruitment process of loyal developers while allowing the in-house staff to take care of project management aspects. The client is overall very satisfied with the results and appreciated the amount of knowledge-sharing.

Trademax is a Swedish furniture company selling products online to the Scandinavian market. We were founded 8 years ago, and have been growing fast. Our turnover for 2016 has been 100 million US dollars, [1 billion SEK] growing by around 35% each year. Our company has around 180 employees.

I am the chief technology officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Forbytes?

In the beginning, we were using a basic solution which wasn't tailored to our needs. We started an in-house development team, but I came into contact with Forbytes and found that they had experience with companies like ours. We wanted the ability to control every aspect of the development flow, so we needed a partner that could provide the developers and allow us to take care of project management. Forbytes was a perfect fit in this sense, taking care of the recruitment process, as well as the daily HR tasks.

Our platform was built using PHP and ReactJS. Forbytes initially assigned 2 developers for our project, but the number has been scaled to 8 full-time resources, including a dedicated quality assurance person. Our senior technical lead is responsible for the technical architecture of our system.

How did you come to work with Forbytes?

We found Forbytes through a friend who had worked for another Swedish development company and knew Forbytes. I didn't have any experience with offshore development, so I had an initial discussion with Forbytes and started a trial period using 2 developers. Things have worked well since then, so we decided to scale.

How much have you invested with Forbytes?

The cost of Forbytes' services has been between $250,000 and $300,000 per year.

We started working with Forbytes 5 years ago. Our work is completely ongoing. We see Forbytes' team as our own employees.

We measure success by our site's conversion rates, so I don't have any specific metrics for Forbytes' team. We are very satisfied with them, which is why we've grown the team. The developers assigned to us by Forbytes have been very loyal, which is a hard thing to find, especially locally.

How did Forbytes perform from a project management standpoint?

We are using Jira for project timelines. Forbytes' team flies to our location 2-3 times per year in order to work closer to us and get a better feel of our culture.

What did you find most impressive about Forbytes?

In the beginning, we were looking to build an in-house team. Forbytes has made us feel almost as if they were our own employees. The management has been available when I needed it, but I've been free to run projects directly with Forbytes' developers the rest of the time.

Because Forbytes works with a number of companies, there is a lot of knowledge-sharing between their teams. We wouldn't have this if we simply employed in-house developers.

Are there any areas Forbytes could improve?

No at the moment. I'm overall satisfied.

I'm picky in giving fives.
    I've already done it.

Game Development for Game Development Firm

"Forbytes's team was always available, taking calls even over the weekend, whenever we had issues."

Sep. 2016 - Ongoing

Forbytes assigned a developer to provide support to the main programmer regarding development, project management, and helped improve the game’s database.

Sundsvall, Sweden
Magnus Bergsten
CEO, Game Dev Company

The client has been satisfied with Forbyte's work, including their project management improvements, suggested tools, and overall support. Their team has shown constant interest, availability and good communications throughout the project.

We're a small independent game developer based in Sweden. We're working on our first game at the moment. Our team consists of one developer, one designer, and an IT manager. I am the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Forbytes?

We have been working on the game ourselves for some time, and have a skilled developer, but needed some backup assistance. Our game uses the Unity engine, and we're developing the backend in C#.

Forbytes told me that they could help us with C#, but they didn't have Unity skills. A developer from Forbytes' team was interested in working on Unity games, so they suggested assigning her to our team and having her learn the platform. She has provided good support for our main programmer, and helped improve the game's database and other elements we weren't aware of.

How did you come to work with Forbytes?

Talent in our region is difficult to find and expensive. We approached a government-run company in Sweden for help finding developers. I was introduced to Forbytes' principal and found that the company has a development team in Ukraine.

How much have you invested with Forbytes?

The total cost of Forbytes' services will be around $9,000 for a 3-month development period.

We have an ongoing project with Forbytes.

Our developer has been satisfied with the work done by Forbytes. They've supported us, and they want our business to be successful, to continue our collaboration in the future.

How did Forbytes perform from a project management standpoint?

We're newcomers in the industry, and Forbytes has helped introduce us to the process. They implemented Jira and another tool, to manage the project. Forbytes's team was always available, taking calls even over the week-end, whenever we had issues.

What did you find most impressive about Forbytes?

Forbytes took an interest in our business and wanted to build a relationship. They have e-commerce experience, which was important for managing our database and connecting us with one of the world's largest resources related to the game's subject.

Are there any areas Forbytes could improve?

I'm a bit green in this area, so the main downside was our lack of knowledge.

Overall Score I especially appreciate the communication skills on Forbytes' team.
    We need more planning on our side.
    I have recommended Forbytes.

Multiple eCommerce Dev for Online Toy Store

"Forbytes' team has been thorough in everything they've done... The work is detailed and professional."

In this 5 year partnership, Forbytes provided technical, project management, and software development expertise while working with Lekmer’s IT team to develop and maintain a Nordic region's e-commerce channel.

Stockholm, Sweden
Patric Palmefjord
CTO, Lekmer

Forbytes’ performance was thorough, detailed, and professional in everything they’ve delivered. Lekmer considers the projects have given them a good value for their money.

Lekmer is an online retailer based in Northern Sweden. I am the chief executive officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Forbytes?

We have no in-house backend development resources and have used Forbytes' help.

We were using an e-commerce platform called Volusion. Forbytes had developers which had worked on that system, so the team proved a good match when we took over the source code development on our own. The collaboration worked well so far.

We initially worked with 1 developer from Forbytes' team, and have used as many as 4 people. We're currently working with 2 full-time developers, and bring in additional resources when needed.

How did you come to work with Forbytes?

Our sister company had worked with Forbytes before, so it was easy for us to try out their services.

How much have you invested with Forbytes?

The total cost of Forbytes' work has been in the hundreds of thousands of dollars range [millions of Swedish krona].

We have been working with Forbytes since 2013, and have an ongoing collaboration.

How did Forbytes perform from a project management standpoint?

Forbytes performed very well. I act as project manager for a number of projects, but Forbytes has assigned a resource on their side who takes care of this part. We have used Jira for project tracking.

What did you find most impressive about Forbytes?

Forbytes' team has been thorough in everything they've done. The work is detailed and professional.

Are there any areas Forbytes could improve?

There's nothing in particular.

Overall Score The collaboration is working great, which is why we've stayed with Forbytes for so long.
    When it comes to IT projects, predicting the amount of work is very difficult. Anything can happen along the way, leading us to change directions. Forbytes is good at keeping timelines, but unexpected things can happen.
    Forbytes has given us a lot of value for our money. One of the reasons for this is that they're based in Ukraine.
    I've recommended Forbytes to many people.