Momentum for Growth

Mark Miller is the founder of Flywheel LLC, a business coaching practice dedicated to accelerating growth in mid-market companies.  As a certified Scaling Up and 3HAG coach, Mark empowers company leadership by implementing a disciplined growth framework that turns strategic goals into reality.  His clients build foundationally strong cultures, uniquely differentiated strategies and they drive operating performance through clear execution and accountability disciplines.

Freelancer

Wyomissing, PA
  • 810 Rosemont CT
    Wyomissing, PA 19610

Management Coaching for Healthcare Staffing Company

"They’ve really helped us understand what it is to be a successful company."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Looking to improve their organizational structure, a healthcare staffing company brought in Flywheel. The team met with senior members to implement a new company culture and other improvements.

Robert Abrams
CEO, Tact Corporation

Flywheel’s work has helped establish a new company culture within the staffing firm. Their delegation training has allowed leaders to focus on their own responsibilities, and employees to hold one another accountable. Their business knowledge, organizational skills, and insights set them apart.

I’m the CEO of Tact Corporation, a contract staffing company for healthcare professionals.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flywheel LLC?

I wanted to create more structure in my company through management coaching.

My main goal was making sure everyone knew what their job was and that everyone was able to hold one another accountable. After meeting with me and with each of our managers, Flywheel set up a whole structure per individual manager, so they could understand what their goals were and what the culture of the company was.

We work with one individual.

How did you come to work with Flywheel LLC?

I’d read a business book that outlined Flywheel’s structure and business principles. After doing some research, I decided to partner with them.

We began working together in October 2018, and we’re still working with them.

Since working with Flywheel, we have a new set of core values we live by that have aided a sense of real teamwork and collaboration. The team has also been a great resource to everyone in my organization, including myself. They’ve really helped us understand what it is to be a successful company.

How did Flywheel LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

They really emphasize structure and effectiveness. They organize how the project is going to proceed, and always execute what they say they’re going to do.

Prior to COVID-19, we’d have Flywheel come in for a full-day conference once a month, but now we’re communicating virtually.

Flywheel’s business knowledge is really impressive. They’ve given us great insight into what a large organization is supposed to look like and how it’s supposed to operate. That’s something I really needed because I’ve always been a small business owner.

They’ve also been able to help me delegate. At one point, I was doing everything, and now I understand how to direct the right people to the right tasks, and hold them accountable. The team has also helped me understand who is or isn’t the right fit for our organization.

Flywheel is great for smaller businesses — we haven’t had any problems. I can’t speak to how effective they would be for larger businesses.

Give them as much information as possible and learn to listen. If you’re going to bring in a consultant or coach, you have to listen before you speak. If you have an open mind and you want to be coached, Flywheel can definitely help you.

Business Strategy for Tour Operator

"Mark will push you to achieve the potential he sees in you."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Apr. 2019 - Apr. 2020

Flywheel LLC developed a strategy based on the scaling up business model for a tour operator. They also consulted on business decisions based on ROI.

Stratford, Ontario
John Dunphy
President, Target Tours

Flywheel LLC helped the client develop a culture of accountability and achieve success. They were instrumental in helping the client navigate through the pandemic. The team had the client's best interest in mind and were fully engaged in the process.

I am president and co founder of Target Tours. We are a group tour operator providing travel experiences throughout North America and Europe.

For what projects/services did your company hire Flywheel LLC?

Developing a strategy based on the Scaling Up business model. Creating an execution plan to focus on tasks to complete and develop accountability among our team.

1. Develop Scaling Up Strategy 2. Have an engaged team who actively participated in the execution 3. Develop a meeting Rhythm to communicate the plan and to ensure accountability

We did the 8 week online course through Scaling Up and part of the course was a mastermind group plus individual coaching session. Mark was the coach we selected to work with and we immediately clicked.

We had a strategy before but we never were able to execute it. That’s why we settled on the Scaling Up model. We did not have the time or the knowledge of how to go about finishing our one page strategic plan and what detail was needed. Mark helped us develop that plan and guides us through execution. He also helped us make sound business decisions based on ROI which forces us to think about our product lines.

Sis team members including husband and wife co-founders.

We really had developed a culture of accountability and were putting in processes that would help us achieve the success we were looking for. The biggest thing was the team was fully engaged and were active participants.

We trusted Mark to have our best interests in mind. He knew when to push as well as knowing when to let us come to the realization on our own. He was instrumental in helping us navigate through the Covid 19 pandemic and we are truly grateful we had him in our corner.

Mark will push you to achieve the potential he sees in you. You will believe in yourself and your abilities after his coaching session. I truly enjoyed my experience with Mark. He became one of our team members.

Not really.

Overall Score Top notch.
    He made time for us.
    Best investment we made in ourselves and our business
    He knows what he is talking anout
    Great guy and you will enjoy working with him. He will help you with your business