AI, Big Data Processing, Predictive Analytics, CRM

Flyaps.com is Ukraine based, AI Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning, NLP, CRM, Web Development & Custom Software Development Company with more than 10 years experience.

Flyaps provide a full lifecycle consultancy from the business case development to the Artificial Intelligence deployment with managed services and further industrialisation.

Flyaps core industries:

• Stock Prediction
  • On-demand AI

Data Science:

• Big Data Analytics
  • Descriptive Analytics (Examines historical data to answer questions)
  • Diagnostic Analytics (Identifies patterns and discovers relationships in data)
  • Predictive Analytics (Uses current and historical data to predict future activity)
  • Prescriptive Analytics (Applies rules and modeling for better decision-making)
  • Real-Time Processing

BI & big data focus
BI & big data solutions
Cybersecurity focus
Artificial Intelligence Focus

Yaana Technologies, MyersBizNet, NetSpark IP & Telecom, Relocate.me, 1dataplan, Contexxt

CV Compiler - Rock your tech resume Image

CV Compiler - Rock your tech resume

CV Compiler is a web app that utilizes NLP machine learning algorithms to analyze resume of tech professionals and provide an exhaustive list of recommendations on how to improve it and make more attractive for potential employers.

Website: https://cvcompiler.com

Review:

HypeClub - Sneaker & Streetwear marketplace Image

HypeClub - Sneaker & Streetwear marketplace

HypeClub is a trifold live, bid/ask marketplace for buying and selling deadstock/brand new & conditional high demand/hyped sneakers & streetwear.

HypeClub offers buyer protection backed by Paypal for all peer-peer sales through the ‘Direct’ blocking.

MediaVillage - B2B Thought Leadership, Analysis and Community Image

MediaVillage - B2B Thought Leadership, Analysis and Community

MediaVillage is the media and advertising community’s leading publisher of original and exclusive thought-leadership content, driving the business of media forward through industry-leading research, content marketing and business development tools that help companies advance across a changing media landscape.

Website: https://www.mediavillage.com/

NeuString Analytics - BI for mobile operators Image

NeuString Analytics - BI for mobile operators

NeuString Analytics is a leading roaming analytics solution for mobile operators. It provides unique benefits by reducing data latency to a minimum allowing for instant analysis of any market situation. The ease of use and flexibility provides full insight into the financial impact of many different scenarios. Service provides the ability to innovate and react – and optimize your roaming result.

GlossaryTech - tech recruiting assistant Image

GlossaryTech - tech recruiting assistant

GlossaryTech Chrome Plugin is a tech recruiting and sourcing assistant. Extension could be used either for sourcing tech talent or for learning IT-related terms whilst browsing.

Chrome Web Store:

Review:

Netspark - Virtual TSC Image

Netspark - Virtual TSC

Virtual TSC is a micro ERP system for Telecom companies that makes use of RPA (robotic process automation) to bridge with legacy systems and Excel reports.

Web Development for B2B Marketing Company

"They’re not a big company, so they add a personal touch to everything they work on."

Dec. 2014 - Ongoing

Flyaps revamped a content management system in the interest of a B2B solutions marketplace. Currently, they work on daily maintenance, strategy, development, SEO, and analysis.

Maryann Teller
Chief Administrative Officer, MyersBizNet, Inc.

Flyaps’ efforts have been met with positive reception. The team is on top of the ball and has stellar communication skills. Customers can expect a reasonably priced team that excels at collaboration and meeting deadlines.

I’m VP of operations at Media Village, which is the home of the knowledge exchange. We’re a B2B solutions marketplace that works with professionals and different corporate entities, educational nonprofits, and we help them reinvent themselves and move everything forward for the coming years.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flyaps?

We needed someone to help us with publishing our content.

We’ve been working with Flyaps for 5-6 years. They did the original upgrade of our website from a basic website to more of a CMS. We’ve grown it more with paid content behind the firewall and things like that. They also created a lot of our logos.

Currently, they do everything from web development, analysis, SEO, brainstorm new ideas for the site to make it more user-friendly. Most recently they just released new pull-down menus for the five sections of information we have available. We told them how we wanted it to look color-wise, and what it should say, and they put it right on the site.  They’ve also been refining all of our search features.

Our site focuses on bringing our clients to the forefront and they each have their own landing page. Our pet project is advancing diversity, and that’s one of our bigger pages that Flyaps helped us set up with logos and content.

I work with 7-8 members of their team and have 1-2 main points of contact.

How did you come to work with Flyaps?

We received a couple of recommendations and interviewed all of them. Flyaps wound up getting the contract out of that pool.

We’ve invested $40,000 – $50,000 thus far.

We began working together in December 2014, and our engagement is ongoing.

We have a dashboard to see the metrics of our content and how well it’s received, but I’m not sure we can tell how much of that success is because of their work.

How did Flyaps perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very good with deadlines. We have a weekly backlog call and we talk all the time even though they’re six hours ahead of me.

They’re not a big company, so they add a personal touch to everything they work on. I feel it whenever we’re on the phone, I’m impressed with their level of communication considering English isn’t their first language. They’re always on top of everything.

There’s always room for improvement. Sometimes the changes they make don’t look exactly like I want them to, but it’s more of a preference issue.

I would absolutely recommend them. That's a five-plus.

Web-based Development for Business Intelligence Solutions Provider

“They go beyond our requirements, and they put a lot of thought and creativity into their work.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2007 - Ongoing

Flyaps is the long-term development partner for a telecom company. The tools that they build and support analyze roaming data and allow for better interactions between networks and mobile providers.

Overland Park, Kansas
CEO, Business Intelligence Solutions Provider

The solutions represent billions of dollars in transactions. Flyaps provides useful feedback and recommendations, and their level of engagement is high. They leverage their experience and knowledge, and their design and UX skills are stronger than many of their competitors.

We are a global communication and intelligence company for mobile operators. I'm the CEO of my division, and the Chief Product Officer of our whole company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flyaps?

They work with us on one of our subsidiaries, and they were engaged with us from the beginning as our sole outsource development team. Initially, we wanted to create a web-based roaming analytics solution for mobile operators.

At the start, we had a very limited time frame. They stepped in and helped us reach our goals within about four months. The technologies changed over time, but we started with a Windows desktop application. The tools are different now, but I'm not completely certain of all of the technologies we use. The current solution analyzes billions of call records for roaming partners.

When mobile users roam into other countries or networks, there has to be an agreement between providers on a wholesale rate. This solution takes tens of thousands of files a month and creates predictive analytics and recommendations to manage those relationships. It's also useful for financial settlements between companies, and it represents billions of dollars in transactions.

We have one primary development lead, which is a major advantage. Staffing can go up and down as we need, and the team is around 11 people at the moment. We hope to expand our solution significantly next year, and that number is likely to go up.

How did you come to work with Flyaps?

The relationship existed before we acquired this subsidiary. I believe they were originally recommended by a business partner. They had experience in the telecom area, and they were an attractive development shop because of that previous experience.

We spend around $250,000-$300,000 a year on their services.

We acquired the company in 2016, but the collaboration goes back to 2007.

They act as our development shop, so we don't track the metrics the same way we would if they were purely an outsource agency. There are occasional fixes, but their work is very good overall.

How did Flyaps perform from a project management standpoint?

The relationship we have with them is great, and they understand the industry and the solutions extremely well. When we provide requirements, they give feedback and make recommendations. They go beyond our requirements, and they put a lot of thought and creativity into their work.

Their level of engagement and their ability to meet requirements are both very good. They give us a lot of input, and they bring their experience and knowledge to their collaboration with us. I'm particularly impressed by their web design and the UX they create. Both are better than the work we've seen from other companies. Their math skills are also exemplary, which is particularly beneficial for us in this type of solution.

We'd love to see zero bugs, but that's somewhat unrealistic. We've focused on the relationship over the past few years, and I can't really think of anything they should change.

As with any outsource development company, give detailed requirements and be clear about your timelines. Know what you want from your solutions, and work with them closely. We have a support team in the same building as them, so our working relationship is very close.

Custom Software Dev for Startup

"I can rely on Flyaps as a kind of external CTO..."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Flyaps assisted with the custom development of two software products—one a digital database for tech terminology and the other an algorithm for analyzing and improving CVs. They’ve also built Chrome extensions.

Amsterdam, Netherlands
Andrew Stetsenko
Founder, GlossaryTech

The assigned team has produced scalable solutions that haven’t had any major issues. Flyaps works on improving the products and is willing to research and offer implementable suggestions. What sets them apart from other vendors is their competitive pricing and genuine ownership of their work.

I’m the founder of two startups, GlossaryTech and CV Compiler. The first is an online glossary designed for recruiters and non-tech professionals to better understand technical terms. CV Compiler is an automated CV checker that gives users immediate suggestions on how they can improve their IT résumés.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flyaps?

The biggest challenge was creating a digital database for technical terms and making it scalable since there are new terms popping up every day. For CV Compiler, the challenge was creating algorithms for analyzing résumé content quickly and with decent quality.

For GlossaryTech, Flyaps worked mostly on the backend of the software, focusing on building the core engine of the product. The first version scans the web page or the DOC or PDF file and analyzes the technical words used.

For CV Compiler, Flyaps helped us build résumé checking algorithms that look into word counts and the number of pages, create summaries, and so on. They used Python as the core language with the NLTK language processing framework. Flyaps also helped us build the Chrome extension of the product.

We typically work with one dedicated developer, but Flyaps assigns more people for particularly complicated tasks. I have a technical lead/project manager on their side who helps us from a business perspective and suggests ideas. He's like a sparring partner, giving us suggestions on how to make the products better. From time to time, they've assigned additional developers for specific tasks like creating the Chrome extension, synchronizing with the database, or other specialized tasks.

How did you come to work with Flyaps?

They were referred to me by a friend that had worked with them before. I really like how Flyaps helped make my idea even better during our initial call, especially in terms of technical implementation. They suggested a few ways we could do it and how to make it scalable for the future.

I liked that they really thought about the product and it made me feel like there was someone on the other side of the call that was really putting themselves in my shoes. They gave me a quote, we discussed the technology and deadlines, and we decided to get started.

I’ve been working with them since 2017, so it’s definitely not a small amount, but it’s also not in the millions of dollars range. They send me invoices for the work done on a monthly basis.

We started working with Flyaps around March 2017, and they continue to support the product. The Chrome browser is continually getting security updates, which has caused some issues for us, so they assist on that front. I’ve also gone back to Flyaps for implementing the feedback collected from CV Compiler’s users.

I’m not a technical person, so I can’t speak directly about the quality of their code. For us, the important part is that the products work, are scalable, and they don’t crash.

We’re upgrading the products all the time, and we haven’t had any issues adding features or improving them. We did run into issues with the Chrome browser changing some policies, but Flyaps researched the problem and fixed it on time. They’ve also provided accurate time estimates for the assignments we’ve done, and have notified me whenever they need to spend extra time on research and development.

How did Flyaps perform from a project management standpoint?

We use messengers for daily contact through which I send them my thoughts on things to improve. We usually schedule calls to go through all the ideas when I create a new assignment for them. They give me estimates for the tasks and I give them feedback once a task is done.

We usually use Google Sheets to track the assignments for the month instead of specific bug tracking systems. We aren’t developers, so we don’t need complicated things like Jira, which would likely make our lives a bit harder.

The biggest difference is that they really take care of my products and really try to understand them. They inquire about what’s going on with my user traction and also monitor our Google Analytics. They really care about the software they produce in terms of how it affects my business and act as our internal developers by striving to learn about the product.

I also really appreciated the ideas they suggested during our first meeting regarding what the product would be like in three or six months, and what we needed and didn’t need to do at that time. I can rely on Flyaps as a kind of external CTO, and I give them all the freedom to decide what to do on the technical side.

No. When I give them a new task, it feels like they really enjoy doing the work. I’ve worked with internal developers before, and Flyaps has been way more motivated than they were. They challenge themselves to complete the assignment even if they don’t exactly know how to do it, taking time to research things fully. They definitely care about the product from a technical perspective.

First of all, clients should let them know what they want to build from a business perspective. If it’s not just a simple website and it involves working with tech stacks, data science, and natural language processing, then they need a partner for the research part.

I recommend going to Flyaps if the client is a business expert in their domain but isn’t sure if something is technically possible or if they want to bring their offline expertise to the online world. They’re definitely the right partner for that. We can brainstorm with them and determine how to make things possible in terms of software.

Overall Score I was pretty lucky to have found them, and it’s been a good experience.
    Flyaps provides really accurate estimates and they inform me whenever a deadline can’t be met.
    They provide competitive pricing compared to other providers doing similar work.
    Flyaps took part of the academic research and data science parts of the projects, not just development.
    I’ve recommended Flyaps to friends building their own startups.