Marketing & Advertising Agency

We are tailors of brand experiences, creating intelligent solutions with good people. We team up with our clients to help them put their best face forward and authentically communicate their offering to the world. We believe in prototyping, taking risks, and building meaningful work that surprises and achieves measurable results. Our team is close-knit and collaborative, with an extensive offering of services and a commitment to surpassing client expectations.

• 630 – 602 12TH Avenue SW
    Calgary, AB T2R IJ3

Papa John's Pizza Canada and KidSport Alberta

Creatively Connecting Like-Minded Clients

Flipp brought together Papa John's Canada with KidSport Alberta to form the perfect dream team. Papa John's became KidSport Alberta's 2018 provincial sponsor, and along with fuelling their social media efforts, they teamed up for an exciting fundraising campaign that ran fall 2018.

Flipp worked with all key stakeholders to create a framework for the

sponsorship, to develop a creative vision for their promotional campaign, and to leverage existing partnerships with the Calgary Hitmen. The Pizza Power Play promotion was born.

Services Provided: Sponsorship development, creative campaign, media planning and campaign activations, social media strategy and management, and a chapter toolkit development.

Spiritleaf

Preparing a Cannabis Retailer for Franchise Success

Cannabis culture has always pushed boundaries, challenged perceptions and attracted creative types. Flipp needed to create a brand to reflect that.

Services provided: Vision fest planning, digital strategy, branding/identity systems, creative campaign, product packaging, point of sale, signage, digital platform,

loyalty program, and an employee training platform.

Red Stripe

Taking an Iconic Brand Digital

What's Good? Born from a little island with big spirit, Red Stripe is the one and only iconic Jamaican beer that rallies a passion for good times in every moment. Red Stripe came to us wanting a website redesign that would elevate the brands presence on a global scale. It was important to Red Stripe that we tell the story of their heritage and what it means for Red

Stripe to be truly representative of Jamaica. The result is a website that features a huge range of content, from beer facts to football scores, without feeling crowded or too serious. Vibrant colours and animation accents work in tandem with a friendly type system to create a smooth experience for the user.

Services provided: Responsive website design and web development.

Made Foods

Creating a Winning Brand from Scratch

To help people eat well without the effort - the framework was in place, all they needed was a name, a brand, and a go-to-market strategy.

We knew we were going to make people’s lives easier, and the brand should reflect that simple solution. We landed on the name Made. A simple statement about the food and the process — hand made, well made, properly

made. We knew the product would speak for itself, so we wanted to limit any visual noise and distraction.

The full Made experience really comes to life on MadeFoods.com, a custom e-commerce website where customers can select their store, order and pay for their meals ahead of time.

Services provided: Branding, advertising creative, packaging, photography, responsive & ecommerce website and signage.

Johnny Gaudreau Goals for Kids!

Strategy & Online Platform to Maximize Online Donations

Last year Calgary Flames forward and NHL All Star, Johnny Gaudreau raised over $50,000 for KidSport by pledging $1,000 for every goal he scored in regular season. Flipp thought this was an amazing idea and that more people would want in on the action. So - we built a website that would allow corporate sponsors and individuals to pledge their own

support for every goal Johnny scores. As the pledges mount up and Johnny's goal count increases, donors are invited to visit the site in real time to watch the donations accumulate. We included an impact meter that shows the number of kids that will get to play sport as a direct result of the campaign. You pledge, Johnny scores, money gets raised, So ALL Kids Can Play.

Brewsters Brewing Company & Restaurant

Restaurant Branding to Retail Packaging

Brewsters approached Flipp in 2013 to help reinvigorate the brand, we’ve been best friends ever since. Now with eleven locations across Alberta, and retail beer sales offered across Western Canada, Brewster's has built a winning concept around great food, a casual atmosphere and spectacular craft beer.

Services provided:

Branding, advertising creative, retail packaging, photography & illustration, menu & point of sale, loyalty programs, ecommerce website, and signage.

Branding for Clothing Company

"The final deliverables Flipp Advertising produced were spot-on with what I envisioned."

Jan.–Feb. 2019

Flipp Advertising Inc. supported branding efforts for an e-commerce clothing store. They produced several logos and developed a brand guide for colors, fonts, and other materials.

Kelly Bruce
Owner, The Happiest Collection

Though only recently launched, the new branding look has received glowing feedback on social media. The work produced by Flipp Advertising Inc. fulfills all expectations and has instilled confidence in the business’ image. The team was creative, collaborative, and easy to work with.

I’m the owner of The Happiest Collection, an e-commerce store selling Canadian apparel.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flipp Advertising Inc.?

I hired Flipp Advertising to create a new logo and brand guide. The business needed a fresh look to revamp the company.

I touched base with Flipp Advertising and explained what I needed in more depth. I didn’t know exactly what I was looking for, so I trusted their judgment. They came up with ideas for the deliverables by looking at my website and researching my business.

They provided several options for the logo. I chose one main design and their team created variations to use for my social media and advertising needs. Overall, they put together a style tile that included colors, fonts, lettering, and other designs to create a cohesive look for my business.

My main point of contact was Emily (Managing Partner & Founder, Flipp Advertising Inc.). There was a team working to support the project, but she primarily communicated with them on my behalf.

How did you come to work with Flipp Advertising Inc.?

I had heard of Flipp Advertising through word of mouth from shared connections. Once I had the opportunity to work with them, I reached out to the team for the project.

I spent under $10,000 on their services.

We worked together from January–February 2019.

It’s too early in the process to see any quantitative metrics, but I'm ecstatic with the work they produced. I’ve rolled out the new logo on Instagram and received incredible feedback. I got exactly what I needed from their team—I fully believe I’m on the right track with the new brand they created for me.

How did Flipp Advertising Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything went perfectly. All communication was fast and concise; we primarily spoke through email. I really enjoyed working with them because they were professional and easygoing.

The final deliverables Flipp Advertising produced were spot-on with what I envisioned. I didn’t have to make any big changes to the options they gave me, which was impressive. They fully understood what I wanted and how to create it.

I had such a positive experience, there’s nothing they could have improved.

Allow Flipp Advertising to use their creativity to produce something innovative. If you try to control the project too much, you may end up stifling their talent.

Given my budget, the work they produced has great value.

Branding & Marketing for Real Estate Development Company

"They never hesitate to go above and beyond—we appreciate that they’re invested in the collaboration."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Flipp Advertising refreshed an outdated brand image by delivering new marketing materials. This included developing a website, creating physical and digital collateral, and performing SEO services.

Matthew Jones
VP of Development, Macdonald Development Corporation

The rebranding efforts helped garner an increase in site users and overall sales. The Flipp Advertising team has been a stable partner throughout the revitalization process. They are dedicated to the work and are committed to achieving success.

I’m the VP of development in Alberta for Macdonald Development Corporation. We’re a real estate developer that is active in both Canada and the US.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flipp Advertising?

Our community needed a rebranding. Our initial brand has become outdated and overused, so we wanted an entirely new set of branding materials.

Flipp Advertising began by creating a new website for us and started the digital campaign. They provide SEO for our site across different platforms, such as Google. Their team manages our social media presence, including on Facebook and Instagram. They’ve done print advertising for us, and created hardcopy brochures, handouts, and maps for our offices. As a team, they continue to provide marketing collateral and ongoing maintenance.

They provide a dedicated account manager, who communicates with the rest of their team on our behalf. We’ve interacted with a few of the people behind the scenes, including the social media manager, the creative director, and the manager of digital content.

How did you come to work with Flipp Advertising?

We followed a referral and interviewed 3–4 different firms. We moved forward with Flipp Advertising after speaking with their current and past clients, and we had a generally positive feeling about them.

So far, we’ve spent around $150,000 CAN (approximately $113,000 USD).

We began working together in March 2017, and the collaboration is ongoing.

Since starting the project, we’ve seen a significant jump in users and conversions on the site. Thanks in part to Flipp Advertising’s work, all of our measurable analytics have increased substantially. They revitalized our online campaigns and performed a total overhaul that we're delighted with.

How did Flipp Advertising perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great at keeping us informed. At the beginning of the year, they provided us with a budget tracker to ensure we’d stay on track throughout the project. If there is a chance of falling behind the schedule, they give us notice and send continuous updates on their progress.

The special attention they give our project makes it feel like we’re one team. We’re a smaller operation, so we depend very heavily on having a tight-knit group working together. They never hesitate to go above and beyond—we appreciate that they’re invested in the collaboration.

Researching sales and marketing strategies before the engagement could help manage expectations for the project. Additionally, clearly explain your needs and goals to Flipp Advertising, so there are no misunderstandings.

Overall Score It has been fantastic.
    They are always on time or ahead of schedule.
    The price is very fair for the quality of their work—they go above and beyond.
    They provide a great level of service and timely follow-ups.
    I would, their experience with various brands makes their expertise valuable.

Digital Marketing for a Recreational Nonprofit

"They’ve created a platform that can grow with us and amplify our impact."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Flipp Advertising Inc. developed and designed a custom web platform with online payment capability for donations. They're also creating a digital strategy for an upcoming anniversary celebration.

Kevin Webster
Executive Director, KidSport Calgary & Area

The new site, lauded internally and externally, has markedly increased web traffic and donations. Flipp Advertising's expert team inspires confidence throughout the project by communicating clearly from the start. Their responsiveness and understanding of the mission make them a valuable partner.

I’m executive director for KidSport Calgary, a local not-for-profit organization. It provides low-income families with registration fee assistance so their kids can participate in sports.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flipp Advertising Inc.?

We needed to find a partner for our 25th anniversary, which will be taking place in 2020. The key for us was to find a partner that understood our business, goals, and history.

Flipp Advertising Inc. is working with us to create an anniversary program for 2020. We're in the initial planning stages now. They've done a strategy session with us to identify the core ideas that will be the central focus of the celebration.

They’ve also worked with us on another project. They built a simple website and integrated donation platform for our Calgary Flames Ambassador program called Goals for Kids. They did everything from top to bottom on the design. They're also supporting the digital campaign strategy and social media in terms of messaging and graphics.

We've worked with several members of their team, including designers and social media strategists.

How did you come to work with Flipp Advertising Inc.?

We selected them from a group of 12 different agencies that we interviewed.

I think the retail cost is around $30,000. That's not what we paid because they’re donating some of their time. As a small not-for-profit, spending money on outside resources is not something we typically do.

We started working together in April 2017 and the engagement is ongoing.

We've definitely seen results on the Goals for Kids program. The web platform is outstanding. Our partners love it. It’s generating traffic and new donations. They’ve created a platform that can grow with us and amplify our impact.

How did Flipp Advertising Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

We have no complaints. We're digging in now on the 25th-anniversary project and learning more about how to work together. So far they’ve been responsive and timely in terms of delivering on their commitments. We mostly communicate through email. They’re good about coming to us with any questions and getting the information that they need. It's a really great partnership.

Starting from the co-founders, their entire team has a positive attitude and approach to the work. Everyone there recognizes that we're not just a customer or a client. They understand who we are and what we're trying to accomplish. They’re all about trying to help us achieve our goals. They also push us to look at things a little differently sometimes. They’re willing to work hand in hand with us to use our 25th anniversary as a platform that will set us up for success for the next 25 years.

Not at this point. Everything's gone well to date.

Spend the time to meet with them so they can understand what you looking for. They'll ask smart questions because they have a very knowledgeable team with great experience. If they're the right fit for you as a partner, they’ll help you accomplish your goals.

We've never done a project like this, but think they provide good value.

OOH for Advertising Co-Op

“The senior account manager does a good job of keeping our project on track…”

1.0

Flipp Advertising Inc. took over out-of-home advertising, managing billboard, radio, and transit ads. They established the formats and created the collateral, then the internal team took over.

Director of Marketing, Advertising Co-Op

They do amazing work that helps drive brand awareness. They’re local and willing to meet in person, which helps foster a good working relationship. However, they’re expensive and weren’t completely transparent about costs. Their campaign is incredibly impressive, though.

I’m the director of marketing for an advertising co-op.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flipp Advertising Inc.?

We needed a new partner to manage all of our out-of-home advertising.

Flipp Advertising Inc. does all of our billboards, radio, transit, and Canadian Traffic Network advertising. They provided the initial creative and then we chose the best campaign they pitched. They set all of the formats and created all the collateral, and then our internal team took over.

We have two main points of contact.

How did you come to work with Flipp Advertising Inc.?

I interviewed a few agencies and asked some to pitch campaign ideas. I wanted a small and local firm that would be able to have face-to-face meetings. I looked up references, read reviews, and chose Flipp Advertising because I liked what they came up with.

We’ve been working with them since January 2018, and the engagement is ongoing.

Out-of-home advertising isn’t really quantifiable, but it works in conjunction with our other advertising to drive awareness.

How did Flipp Advertising Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

The senior account manager does a good job of keeping our project on track, but sometimes we need a bit more help. Flipp Advertising is incredibly busy, though, so I understand that they can’t make sure I have everything done when I need to.

I like that they’re local.

They need to be more transparent about costs. When we initiated the partnership, I thought I was clear that we would pay Flipp Advertising a percentage of our advertising spend. That’s not what they ended up charging us for, so they need to be more honest and upfront about their fees.

Get all of the costs at the beginning so that there aren’t any surprises.

Overall Score They're really great; they're just overpriced.
    They take a bit longer to deliver.
    They're expensive, but their quality is good. If you have the budget, they’re worth it.
    They're very good at what they do.
    I probably wouldn't recommend them because their fees are so high.

Branding & Web Dev for Cannabis Firm

"They were much more flexible than another agency we worked with and took the time to know our look and feel."

May 2017 - Ongoing

Flipp Advertising helped launch a brand by designing a website twice, first for investors and franchisees, and then for retail customers. They’ve also developed landing pages and brand packaging in their ongoing role.

Calgary, Alberta
Creative Manager, Spiritleaf

All franchises have been sold and partners constantly praise the branding for its appearance. Flipp Advertising is dedicated to deadlines work best in a collaborative environment. They prefer to internalize client culture and values early, so as to better replicate them in their creative.

I’m the Creative Manager for Spiritleaf, a recreational, cannabis retailer franchise. We work with our partner to find them anything from a new location to advertising and supply.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flipp Advertising?

There wasn’t a challenge, per se, but we were starting a new company, so we reached out to them during our initial branding phase.

When we started, our objective was to sell franchises, so they designed our website to cater just to investors and people who wanted to open their own stores. Once we capped out, they redesigned the entire site to cater more to our customers. Since coaching us through our initial branding, they’ve built websites for our holding company and four of our house brands.

They did a full logo design for us as well, both for our brand and our holding company and three of our house brands. They’ve also created a training portal from scratch where our employees can do their training courses. Right now, they're working on the packaging for our house brands and a loyalty program landing page.

I mostly work with their Strategic Account Director, who has been my main point of contact. I’ve worked a little bit with their Partner Account Lead, as well as their Art Director. We also worked directly a little with one of their developers.

We’ve spent $210,000 CAD ($161,490 USD).

We’ve been working together since May 2017.

We're completely sold out of territory, in terms of selling any more franchises, and that was through some of their creative. All of our franchise partners comment on our branding: the logo, the look and feel of it in general - they say that's what stands out in our industry. That's why I feel like we're so successful with selling and how we’ve generated a cult following.

How did Flipp Advertising perform from a project management standpoint?

They always meet deadlines and they work really quickly. If I need something they get back to right away, either over phone or email.

They were easy to approach and they definitely feed on collaboration. They were much more flexible than another agency we worked with and took the time to know our look and feel. They sat down with us and dedicated time to learning how to reflect our brand and our company culture in their work.

Their Partner Account Lead provided a lot of mentorship, which helped us because, as a new company, we don’t know as much as they do. They’re really good at providing feedback and the right resources to make sure that we’re successful. They never leave us hanging.

I would suggest that they let us meet the entire team: the developers, designers, whoever is behind our branding. We do have a main point of contact, but, on a more personal level, we could have a little bit more confidence if we put a face with the artwork.

When we joined, we didn’t have much of a breakdown of our personas—who our customers were going to be. It would have a lot of value for them to walk their clients through the process of how they came up with certain designs or elements or colors.

Rebranding for Food Manufacturing Company

"They're a smaller company but have a lot of capacity and resources to get things done."

May 2017 - Ongoing

After a discovery phase, Flipp Advertising Inc. developed color schemes and logo. They're now designing the new packaging and planning to design the website.

Sales, Food Manufacturing Firm

Flipp Advertising's work receives positive feedback from customers. Their team clearly communicates issues and immediately addresses them. Their ability to provide hands-on support is critical to the project's success.

I am a sales representative of a food manufacturing company that creates malt for breweries and distilleries.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flipp Advertising Inc.?

We needed to rebrand our company.

Flipp started with a discovery phase and met with our employees to get a brief overview and look in-depth into our company—who we were, where we are now, and how we want to be in the future. Using this as a foundation, their team created a timeline and budget. Then, they developed color schemes, a more traditional logo based on our previous logo, and additional designs. They're now helping us design our new packaging and planning to work on our web design.

We work with their managing partner and two account managers.

How did you come to work with Flipp Advertising Inc.?

We did a lot of research online and through phone calls. We narrowed it down to about five companies and analyzed their proposals. We looked at their portfolios, size, and found Flipp to be the right fit.

We invested $125,000 thus far.

We started in May 2017, and the work is ongoing.

Our clients praise our new logo for standing out, and they can see that we're advancing as a leader in our industry. Our packing designs impress them as well, and they're looking forward to using them to help increase their sales.

How did Flipp Advertising Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication is excellent. If we have any issues, we can call them or meet them in person, and they'll take care of it right away.

They're a smaller company but have a lot of capacity and resources to get things done. We actually chose them because they are a smaller company and can provide hands-on support. They provide as much in-house support as they can.

Know what you want going in. Keep your internal people on the project small or it'll be hard to get everyone on the same page.

Marketing, Web Design & Branding for Housing Development

"They never complain and produce high-quality work."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Flipp Advertising provides a 360-degree marketing service, including creative direction, branding, web development, and social media management and advertising.

Dan Bowman
President, NEST Condominium

Flipp Advertising's work garners praise from the target market and sets a positive tone for the project. Their team balances quality and efficiency well. Plus, their amiability and ability to overcome obstacles make them a valuable partner.

I am the president of NEST Condominiums, a small development company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flipp Advertising?

We have a small, unique development site with 82 studio and one-bedroom units. The property does not have a parking lot, but every unit has bicycles. We needed to create a special image and branding to market the units.

Flipp Advertising uses innovative marketing techniques to capture our target audiences. Using our initial conceptual research, their team works with us in developing our name, branding, and related designs.

They’re also building out our website, the landing page, and our back door targeted mailing list, which they’re integrating with Facebook, Instagram, our blog, and our CMS. Their team also creates online advertisements for various sites and for social media.

I work with a project manager who leads everyday tasks, a web designer, an online marketer, and a social media curator.

How did you come to work with Flipp Advertising?

I looked online for Calgary-based vendors and found Flipp. Our initial impression was solid, and they showcased a strong set of skills. They were hip, edgy, and proposed out-of-the-box solutions, which were exactly what we were looking for.

We invested $300,000 (approxmately $230,430 USD) thus far.

We started in April 2018, and the work is ongoing.

We’ve gotten solid leads from our target marketing group. The branding of our site signage is solid and gets lots of recognition. They help us develop a cohesive strategy, so I think we're headed the right way. It’s been excellent thus far.

How did Flipp Advertising perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is really solid, and their team is realistic in predicting a practical timeline and budget. We sometimes challenge them to make something more quickly, but they won’t sacrifice quality to attain an unachievable goal. It's better to do it right than to make mistakes. We communicate constantly through emails and phone calls, and have regular meetings to make sure that we're staying on track with the overall vision. We make adjustments together if we think we anything needs tweaking.

They're a positive team and meet our challenges head-on with creative solutions. They never complain and produce high-quality work. Even though we outsource work to them, they feel like a part of our team and make sure that we’re on the same page. They give us comprehensive and tailored service.

Do a fair bit of your own research to understand where you want to take the project. The better you can define it, the better a vendor can deliver what you want. Be open to new ideas and work together as a team.

B2C Marketing for Residential Development Company

“Looking at all of the results, it’s clear that the Flipp team is doing something right.”

2010 - Ongoing

Flipp provided traditional and digital marketing consulting to communicate a development company’s brand to the community. The team now manages social media, content creation, and other outreach efforts.

Travis Putnam
Project Manager, Genstar Development Company

Flipp’s strategies increased attendance rates for their show houses and improved social media presence on Facebook and Instagram. The team’s responsive communication skills and goal-oriented workflow continues to produce positive and profitable results.

I’m a project manager at Genstar Development Company. We build residential suburban communities across Canada and the United States. We handle all elements associated with parks, playgrounds, pathways, and roads. For the actual houses, our company divides the land into lots and sells them to individual builders.

What challenge were you trying to address with Flipp Advertising Inc.?

We wanted a partner to help us market to the general public. Even though we don’t necessarily interact with them personally, it is still important for them to understand our community brand and be able to differentiate us from our competitors.

A majority of their assistance was in the realm of consulting services. Flipp has a lot of insight into our target market and they offer valuable information to help us determine what audiences we should be trying to reach.

The Flipp team helps us with the creative side of both traditional and digital marketing, but we are moving more towards a digital-focused strategy. They have taken over all of our social media management needs and content creation processes to increase our followership and improve brand recognition. Additionally, Flipp guides our media buying efforts and handles our interactions with various key industry publications.

They provided a team of about 5 representatives. We had one main contact and the other team members each had a specific role.

How did you come to work with Flipp Advertising Inc.?

The company started working with Flipp before I joined, but we had a connection to the owner.

We spend about $300,000 each year.

We started working together in 2010 and the partnership is ongoing.

We track our success by the amount of traffic we get in or show homes, which fluctuates based on a variety of factors, but we attribute a portion of the success to Flipp’s marketing techniques. Their strategies are raising awareness levels and encouraging people to visit our communities.

Flipp has also helped us maximize our social media outreach through Instagram and Facebook. Our fresh and contemporary vibe continues to attract new followers. Looking at all of the results, it’s clear that the Flipp team is doing something right.

How did Flipp Advertising Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

The team has a very proactive and responsive approach to the project. I can expect answers to my questions within the same day. Because of their knowledge of the marketing industry, we are able to rely heavily on their expertise.

I really liked the Flipp company culture. They are a smaller, tightknit company with an open atmosphere that facilitates collaboration.

Clients should trust Flipp and allow them freedom when working on the project because they’ll get the job done. They are great to work with.

They schedule well.
    They always complete projects in a timely manner.