Award winning SEO and exceptional website design.

First Page SEO offers award winning SEO services and exceptional website design for our clients. We have been in the internet marketing industry for 15 years and have an excellent track record of placing our clients' websites high within the search engines.

1999
Orillia, Canada
Headquarters
  • First Page SEO
    PO Box 24
    Orillia, ON L3V 6H9
    705.259.3656

Clublink Corp., Gerard Daniel Worldwide, Chestnut Park Realty, Resorts of Ontario

Web Development and SEO for Hospitality Services Directory

"First Page SEO has always stayed on top of market trends, and they do a great job of anticipating technology."

First Page SEO developed an attractive and functional website integrated with SEO. They also provided extensive pay-per-click campaigns, issued regular press releases, and maintenance services.

Orillia, Ontario
Grace Sammut
Managing Director, Resorts of Ontario

First Page SEO delivered a quality website and was able to fix those that they didn't build. Its members enjoyed the qualified traffic delivered to them. The team performed outstandingly despite the need for improvement in the creativity aspect. They were courteous, responsive, and knowledgeable.

My company is Resorts of Ontario, a nonprofit organization. We have about 100 resort members and another 100 preferred supplier businesses within our membership. We've been around for about 74 years, and our focus, or mandate, is to market the resorts in Ontario.

I am the managing director at Resorts of Ontario.

What business challenge were you trying to address with First Page SEO?

We've worked with them for quite a long time. There have been times when we actually stopped working with them and found that, very quickly, we went back to them because they were always addressing our problems and fixing them. They are generally very responsive. The challenge we had with marketing is to have a website that is attractive, but more importantly functional for the consumer. At the same time, our goal is to have a website that is found easily through search.

First Page SEO has done our web design as well as SEO on existing websites. We've done pay-per-click campaigns with them through the past several years, and we have a maintenance contract with them. They issue regular press releases for us. They anticipate everything, for example Google's updates, among other things.

Whatever is new and coming forward, First Page SEO is automatically moving us into that arena. They help us reach the optimum level within the contract we have. They do some fundamental stuff for us that gets us ranked. As you can see, we're number one organically.

We don't actually even do pay-per-click anymore because we rank so well, organically. Not to sound arrogant, but through other campaigns, we will do digital ad placements in lieu of the pay-per-click. Last year and the year before, we did extensive pay-per-click campaigns with them, and they were extremely successful. In terms of the reports First Page SEO gives us, the follow up is strong.

How did you come to work with First Page SEO?

We spent time with many companies during the selection process. We had a website when it first became the thing to do, but we didn't work with First Page SEO in those days. They became a supplier to the industry, we became familiar with them as individuals, and then they started working with some of our members. When we ran into problems, we went to them.

We found out through their assistance solutions, before HTML coexisted with CMS [content management system], they would say to us, "Your site is built in Cold Fusion, which is an old language. We recommend that you look at the following things, because these are the elements that are going to take you to your goals." They always addressed our goals.

We were trying to bring the traffic in and get our site's visitors to our members, and we needed to look at a system that made it easy for the consumer, and positioned the website to be a top performer as such. In time, we knew they were very knowledgeable in their areas. The last site we built with Cold Fusion was probably built around eight years ago, and First Page SEO got in there and fixed it.

They replicated the site, but they made it a performing site because we plunged, we went to page 26. They warned us about it with time to spare. Again, they were close to the industry because they've worked extensively in tourism and hospitality, and they know us as well. After that, we've been with them and we haven't left.

It's hard to tell, because each year has been a little different. I would say it's probably between $10,000 and $20,000 a year that we spend with them.

We started working with them about ten years ago, and the relationship is ongoing.

Could you share any feedback from this engagement?

They have been on top of issues; we may not have been on the first page, or something happened through a website that someone else may have built. The other company may have installed a development code, and First Page SEO has been right on top of it. I can't say enough positive things about them, because they have never let us astray; they've been there for us through thick and thin, they have built a website for us, and they've fixed websites that they didn't build.

Anecdotally, all our members are telling us that we deliver qualified traffic to them. There's a lot of competition in the marketplace, and even though we are an association that's focused on the resort industry, there are many entities out there that are also working with our constituents. However, in terms of the traffic that we're delivering, we repeatedly hear that it's qualified traffic. I think that speaks volumes about them.

What distinguishes First Page SEO from other providers?

First Page SEO has always stayed on top of market trends, and they do a great job of anticipating technology. Their team's intelligence, experience, and expertise is phenomenal. I think their unique edge is that they don't simply take a canned approach. Instead, their work is tailored to the needs of the respective businesses. For us, they've been immediately responsive to any issues we had, even when we've worked with other companies.

I also think the team is very easy to deal with. They're courteous, they're responsive, they're knowledgeable, and they have expertise. I only have to pick up the phone, and I get somebody right away. In today's society, I think that really speaks volumes as well.

Is there anything First Page SEO could have improved or done differently?

That's a hard one, and we struggle with that all the time. The one thing I've learned is that not everybody can be good at several disciplines. Sometimes, we're looking for a little bit more of a creative approach. They do the work, and they have a team that does that but, sometimes, we'll still go out and bring that extra creativity in.

They're skilled in design. They can build anything you want, but they're not, in my opinion, a specialized design house, although they do have that skill in house with a designer. We will, very often, go out and seek other design work. However, when we get that, First Page SEO ends up fixing many things because the outside design people have no understanding of the back-end and the site's architecture. You have to work at that piece a little. If you're looking for multiple skills in one house, they have it but, in my mind, they're not the consummate design house.

Overall Score I know it seems like I'm going a little over the top here, but in my experience that's been the kind of consistent delivery in everything we've done with them.
    Absolutely 100 percent.

SEO for Resort Company

"It's not a large organization, and I get good personal service."

First Page SEO was selected to manage the client's SEO campaigns, pay-per-click campaigns and content marketing. They have built five websites in their relationship of almost ten years.

Owner, Resort Companies

First Page SEO lived up to their name by securing a page one listing for each of the websites they were assigned. The significant increase in traffic has also resulted in the increase in a number of quality leads. The team was noted for their ability to explain things clearly.

I actually am involved in projects for three separate companies. One is a summer camp for children, another is an upscale summer resort, and the third is a different summer resort with housekeeping cottages.

I am the owner of these companies.

What business challenge were you trying to address with First Page SEO?

The challenge I was facing for each of my businesses is that I was trying to improve my organic search engine placement on Google and other search engines.

First Page has built five websites for me. They are responsible for conducting all of my SEO [search engine optimization], and they manage all of our pay-per-click campaigns, including Google AdWords. They also do blogging and content marketing for the websites.

How did you come to work with First Page SEO?

First Page SEO was working with other resort operators at the time in Ontario, and I started to look at their work and what they had done from a search engine point of view and from a website building point of view. I looked at their work and some of their clients, and where they were placed, and from an outside perspective, it looked like they were doing a good job on both accounts.

I'd prefer to keep that information confidential.

Our relationship started eight to 10 years ago, and it is still ongoing.

We have consistently placed on page one of Google with searches that would be used to find our properties. We have always been on page one in the organic side. First Page SEO has managed the AdWords campaigns effectively and they have driven significant traffic to our site. I've definitely seen an increase in the amount of business and the quality of leads as a result of my work with them.

What distinguishes First Page SEO from other providers?

I like the size of First Page SEO. It's not a large organization, and I get good personal service. I like their ability to explain to me clearly what it is that I'm doing and buying. I like their ability to answer any questions that come up about my internet advertising and my website.

Is there anything First Page SEO could have improved or done differently?

No, there's nothing I can think of. I'm very satisfied with the service they're providing.

SEO for Traditional Hotel and Resort

"What really sets First Page SEO aside is the incredible personal touch."

2011 - Ongoing

First Page SEO developed multiple websites, conduct Google AdWords campaigns, and acted as a general design advisor for other marketing projects to increase the company's online visibility.

Ontario, Canada
Owner, Hotel and Resort

First Page SEO had consistently been successful in targeting the most prestigious and difficult search terms and maintaining a position on the first page of those results. The team has excellent communication skills, was responsive, and commended for their commitment to the project.

We are a beautiful resort in cottage country, here in Canada. We focus on some fun, interesting, and unique experiences, and we have a lot of fun with our guests.

I am the owner of the resort.

What business challenge were you trying to address with First Page SEO?

I took over the resort in 2010, at the bottom of kind of a resort slump in Ontario at the time. The resort was doing all right, but certainly not doing very well. We wanted to get the word out about all the awesome things we were doing. I had just bought the property, but everybody still thought it was being operated by the previous management, so we wanted to spread the word. I had a nice website designed by another supplier, and then eventually found First Page SEO, got in touch with them, and they started helping us tweak the site. The challenge was to increase our online visibility, and generally improve our website's effectiveness.

Through the years, First Page SEO has been doing many things. They have been doing press releases for us, they have developed multiple websites for us, and they have conducted Google AdWords campaigns for us. They've been helping with content marketing, and helping with general design advice as well. Their advice to us on other types of advertising, like directories for example, has been valuable.

How did you come to work with First Page SEO?

It's a bit of a long, convoluted story, but it was essentially through a personal connection that I first heard of them. It was not even a professional reference. It was a personal reference from a person who knew them. We didn't really look at very many companies in the search engine optimization space. We basically had heard that these guys are very good, reached out to them, got along very well with them right off the bat, and started working with them.

It was definitely less than $10,000 that we were spending with them.

We first started working with them in 2011, and the work is ongoing. We've scaled it back a little bit, because I do have a creative agency that is developing our next website. First Page isn't doing that anymore, but they're going to continue to be consultants on various projects.

I'm not the statistics guy around here, but I know that it was working. The Holy Grail for resorts in this area is to be on the front page of Google for the search term "Ontario resort." If you can do that, you're in very good shape, and they consistently succeeded with that. I'm certain there was an increase in the amount of leads and quality of leads that we were getting from our online presence as a result of their work, but it's very difficult because I had just taken over a property, and I was launching into so many different things. Overall, they did some great things. We had some great results during that time, many of which are almost certainly attributed to them, but it's hard to say exactly how much of it is directly attributable to them.

What distinguishes First Page SEO from other providers?

What really sets First Page SEO aside is the incredible personal touch. They're just incredible people to work with. You're not dealing with an account rep who doesn't know anything about it. When you call somebody there, and you ask for a website change, or you send any e-mail, you get an e-mail back within 30 seconds from them confirming your request, and then you get an e-mail 10 minutes later saying they did it. Things just happen – you don't have to worry about it. That's pretty rare. It sounds basic, but it's pretty rare.

Is there anything First Page SEO could have improved or done differently?

Not really. There's no area where I am dissatisfied with them. They're incredible people to work with and they get a lot of stuff done. As with every provider, the occasional thing goes wrong, but never in a detrimental way. They always fix it quickly. It's really easy to work with them.

They were always on budget with everything. I don't know the cost effectiveness because they've done so much work for us that I never really shopped around...I was always very happy with their price.

SEO for Golf Club and Resort Operations Company

"The one thing that I like about First Page SEO is that it's small and it's personal."

First Page SEO developed a mobile responsive website, handled the PPC campaigns, SEO, and website design and creation.

Ontario, Canada
General Manager, Golf Club and Resort Operations Company

First Page SEO has produced quality work and service that resulted in an increase in online traffic and improved search engine positioning. There was a need to improve the pricing system in some situations but, overall, the team was responsive and has willingness in assisting on the project's challenges.

I work at a hospitality company – we are a combination resort, golf, and food and beverage operation.

I am a general manager.

What business challenge were you trying to address with First Page SEO?

We've worked with a number of third party companies over the years. First Page SEO has been helping us manage our PPC [pay-per-click] campaigns, our search engine optimization on our websites and some website design and creation. We decided to make the change based on some research that I did with some of our competitors, who they were using, and some of the success that they were having. That was why I chose First Page.

They are primarily responsible for managing our PPC campaigns. They report on a monthly basis, or as requested, on cost per click, visits to the site, search word optimization and search word usage. They investigate what's trending as well. They conduct search engine optimization on our website as far as Google analytics, so they help us track our web page visits. They also were responsible for our mobile responsive website. First Page SEO designed and created that for us.

How did you come to work with First Page SEO?

We had been using another company up until that point. We had used two other companies before that with varying success rates. I started working with First Page SEO through a nonprofit board that I work on. They had been doing some work there. I knew a number of other board members around the table that were using them, and then I researched them to see how their Google rankings and search engine rankings were coming in. I started doing some reference checks and talking to them directly to work out the pricing.

The total budget is somewhere between $10,000 and $50,000 on a yearly basis.

It's ongoing. The budget for this year included redesigning our website, so that spend is usually a little bit lower. But, we work with them on a monthly basis, and I anticipate carrying on with that relationship.

From the first year that we started using First Page SEO, we definitely saw our search engine placement increase during the course of the year. We also saw an increase in visits to our website. We have had a little bit of a dip this year. I'm planning on reviewing with First Page at the end of our season so we can be prepared for the next year and start getting that traffic going the right way again. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the product and service we've received there. We launched a new site, and it's had a little bit of a setback year over year, but nothing dramatic.

What distinguishes First Page SEO from other providers?

The product and the service is offered by many companies. The one thing that I like about First Page SEO is that it's small and it's personal. It's easy to reach out. The responsiveness is definitely there and I appreciate their willingness to assist with whatever the challenge may be.

Is there anything First Page SEO could have improved or done differently?

The only thing that I would say is that sometimes, we have eight hands in the bucket and they're all sending individual requests to have something changed on pages that we're not able to change ourselves. We end up with a $35 charge each time for changing a word or a name. I understand that but, sometimes, I'd like an easier way to have weekly updates. Maybe we could keep a list going and do that internally. It would be something that might be easier if there was a system in place on their end as well.