Content strategy, behavior designers, websites

We’re a digital agency headquartered in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. Working arm-in-arm with our clients, we drive their business success. How? We unite behavioral science, authentic storytelling, and proven technology to deliver measurable results. From Fortune 50 to tech startups, from mobile tech to health and wellness, and from nuclear energy services to literature, we’ve served a wide range of clients—and we’ve served them well. We’d love to hear from you.

2001
Minneapolis, MN
  • Minneapolis, MN 55111

University of Minnesota, College of Liberal Arts: U of MN, MuHu, Omnitracs, TruckThat , ONE20, Blue Zones, Milkweed Editions, Colon Cancer Coalition, Memphis Grills, Light of Hope, XRS, Delta Airlines, Intel, Medtronic, Macy's, Target, Vistage, Polaroid, International Safety Center, ITI Data, Siemens

Website, Lead Gen, & Content for Demand Gen Company

"Their in-depth knowledge creates not only stellar products but also high value."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Dec. 2014 - June 2018

Firebrand developed an 800-page website with multilingual marketing content pieces such as white papers, blog posts, and e-books. They advised on customer engagement on social media and implemented PPC.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Scott Stano
Director of Global Demand Generation, Arcserve, LLC

Web traffic grew by 20% monthly, lead conversion rates doubled, and inbound calls increased six-fold. Firebrand’s in-depth expertise translated into valuable strategy with an excellent ROI. Their consistent communication and vested interest in long-term outcomes made them an excellent partner.

I was the worldwide director of marketing strategy operations and planning for Arcserve.

What challenge were you trying to address with Firebrand?

We engaged Firebrand to build our website. We also needed content marketing and lead generation services.

Firebrand focused on the intersection of content creative and digital marketing worldwide. The team helped us create digital marketing content for 14 different languages, including white papers, blog posts, e-books, and other forms of creative copywriting. They designed and programmed a website with nearly 800 pages that also supported those 14 languages. They also implemented PPC on Google.

Lastly, Firebrand provided marketing strategies to best leverage our brand. They suggested and implemented our social media marketing strategies and advised best practices for engaging visitors on pages and sites. They also conducted culture-specific market analysis and guided us on how to modify our website structures for other countries including Japan.

I interfaced daily with the president and owner. However, we also interacted with their IT team of developers, three creative writers, and a project manager.

How did you come to work with Firebrand?

I had worked with them at a prior company where they knew the CMO there quite well. Even after multiple rounds of searches to find the best local vendor for the project, Firebrand consistently stood out from the competition. They had a broad range of services that matched the changing needs of our global organization and that came at competitive rates. The team also had senior-level engagement in every project, which we appreciated. I’ve worked with them across three different companies now, including Arcserve.

Over several years, we spent upwards of seven figures.

We worked together on this project between December 2014–June 2018.

The revamped website gained 20% more traffic month over month, enabled by Firebrand’s expertise in code structures, SEO, and speed optimization. Our conversion rate doubled using Firebrand’s new additional content. We produced 2,000 lead conversions over 18 months in the North America market. The strategies that Firebrand employed had a one-time cost, so the ROI exponentially increased over time. Our inbound calls increased six-fold, and our social followers grew by thousands, broadening our brand reach.

How did Firebrand perform from a project management standpoint?

They exceed expectations in accessibility as they frequently responded to messages sent late at night. We could also communicate directly with team members as needed. Their ability to embed their team with ours created value.

Firebrand completed the work using an agile development process and used an internal tool to manage sprints. We collaborated via phone, email, Google Hangouts, and Basecamp.

Firebrand provided expert-level guidance throughout the process. Their in-depth knowledge creates not only stellar products but also high value.

The team really focused on what we should be doing next. However, Firebrand would benefit from a narrower scope and tighter documentation processes.

Take the time to perform an extensive intake process with them. Make sure Firebrand has the chance to understand your goals and requirements and to meet your team and business. While it takes time, but it adds value and speed to the remainder of the engagement.

Overall Score Their team was diligent and dedicated to our project and its results.
    They met every deadline and communicated if they needed more time.
    They delivered high-quality products at exceptional value.
    It sometimes took a few iterations, but Firebrand ultimately delivered on our requirements and vision.
    I have recommended them to two companies in the past two weeks alone.

Branding & Digital Marketing for Pet Clean-up Company

"They do well in identifying the needs of your market, especially for Google Adwords advertising."

June 2017 - Ongoing

Firebrand resolved bugs on a website’s backend and move on to managing digital advertising pipelines including Google AdWords, SEO, and Facebook campaigns.

Westmont, Illinois
Bob Overton
President, Tails to Pails

New customer acquisition has risen exponentially and key demographics are well represented. Firebrand was pro-active in their communication and instituted a transparent and fair pricing structure. They provide personalized attention, regardless of project size, and offer custom engagement depths.

I’m the owner of Tails to Pails, a company that picks up dog poop in residential backyards and front yards.

What challenge were you trying to address with Firebrand?

I wasn’t acquiring any new customers through my online advertising.

The first thing they did was correct backend issues on the website, which I'd moved from one hosting platform to another. A majority of the work they've been doing is on SEO, Google AdWords, and Facebook campaigns.

We worked with two web development leads for most of the stuff. The owner is also a friend of mine, but I spent most of my time working with the other two.

How did you come to work with Firebrand?

I knew the owner personally and I wanted to give a shot to someone I knew personally because I had trust issues with my previous creative firm. They did a lot of things that didn’t work for my company and were marking up their prices, sometimes by 400%. I looked over Firebrands experience and it was on an equal level with what I was getting from my other creative agency. The trust, quality, and competency they demonstrated drove me to them.

We’ve spent $15,000—$20,000.

We’ve been working together since June 2017.

In June 2016, my previous creative agency wanted to me run a $6,000 AdWords campaign, but I ended up shutting it down because I only received two customers from it. We started a new campaign with Firebrand in June 2017 and have received nearly 350 customers. It’s been so dramatic that it's almost difficult to keep up and get enough resources to service the customers. We’ve been hitting both our targeted keyboards and demographics, so we only have good problems now.

How did perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve worked with a few different creative agencies over the years, and getting answers or a timely response out of them was painful. I’d have to follow-up with them several times, whereas, with Firebrand, they’re on it immediately. They’ll often call me before I need to call them. They get things done quickly so I’m not waiting around for them at all.

They do well in identifying the needs of your market, especially for Google Adwords advertising. I’d also say that their project management is excellent. They have somebody on your particular project and they don't feel as if they’re constantly stressed or overwhelmed or don't have enough time for you, no matter whether the project is $300 or $10,000.

I've found that they've been honest and don't try and overbill me. A lot of creative firms that I’ve seen try to bill as many hours as possible, whether you need it or not. I'm not finding that with either of the guys from Firebrand; they've actually come under budget several times.

At this point, I don't have anything. Normally, I would, but I've seen really good stuff out of them. Everybody would like to see a little bit better price, but I get what I pay for.

Tell them everything you want to accomplish and let them know how much money you've got to spend on the process. That's key because they can offer services that are relatively basic or they can offer anything you could possibly manage. Make sure that everybody's on the same page, knowing what do you want to accomplish and how much money you have to spend to do it.

Overall Score They've exceeded the expectations I had about customer acquisition, and they’re honest with me.
    I've had a lot of really good results with them, but there's always a little room for improvement.
    They're upfront, straight, and they deliver what they say they're going to deliver, when they say they're going to deliver it.
    I've actually have recommended them to friends, colleagues, people I don’t even know who've called me up.

Digital Marketing for Vehicle Technology Company

“Their staff is very respectful of my time and makes very few mistakes.”

Apr. 2015 - Ongoing

Firebrand creates digital marketing pages by creating content and white papers in addition to developing microsites.

Irvine, California
Belinda Rueffer
Director of Product Marketing, Spireon

The content Firebrand produced is regularly curated into blog posts by other companies in our industry. The content is widely regarded as influential to our industry. The microsites drove more leads to the company by catching the eye of the media and analysts.

I am the marketing director for a vehicle telematics technology company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Firebrand?

We hired them to create content and microsites. They also provided SEO/SEM services and help with other projects that came up.

We wanted to create compelling digital marketing campaigns and thoughtful leadership programs to capture our customers’ attention.

We acquired a company who used Firebrand as its digital marketing agency. While I inherited the relationship through that acquisition, their work was so impressive that we were happy to continue that relationship. I continue to use them even after I left that organization for a new company.

For white papers and content creation, I supply transcriptions, PowerPoints, and other data electronically to their team, which they turn into a cogent project outline. For our microsite projects, we met to discuss objectives and design goals, then Firebrand managed the project, requesting content and feedback as needed.

For white papers and content creation, I typically work one-on-one with a writer. For our microsite projects, I worked with a team of managers and web designers.

Our white papers and content pieces established my company as a thought leader within our industry. They are curated many times into smaller pieces such as blog posts and infographics to help educate our industry on important topics and drive leads. Our microsite projects gave the company depth that allowed us to build content-heavy sites that serve a variety of industry needs, gain the attention of media and analysts, and drive leads.

Our workflow was very effective. Their staff is very respectful of my time and makes very few mistakes. They are able to work on their own and produce products up to our standards.

They are very creative and have a great attention to detail. They launched beautiful microsites on time.

Website & Marketing for Education Nonprofit Org

“They have talented employees who support our mission.”

June - Dec. 2014

Firebrand built a new website, working closely with the internal team to meet requirements. They also assisted with copywriting and content management. Now, they maintain and update the site, as needed.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Margaret Anderson
Director of Communication & Development, Light of Hope Kenya

Firebrand does amazing work and is incredibly responsive. They resolved numerous emergencies in less than 24 hours, and the new website consistently receives positive feedback. A more user-friendly backend and monthly metric reporting would be appreciated, but the partnership is still great.

I’m the Director of Communication and Development for Light of Hope Kenya, a nonprofit that rescues vulnerable girls in Kenya and takes guardianship of them. We provide refuge, restoration, and redirection in a Christian environment. Our home and school are located in Naivasha, Kenya, and our US Headquarters is in Plymouth, Minnesota.  We are currently home to over 120 girls, with the eldest girls at University.

What challenge were you trying to address with Firebrand?

We wanted to create a new and sophisticated website, so we began looking for a dev partner.

Firebrand worked with our board of directors to create a website and integrate it with our messaging strategy. They assisted with copywriting and gave advice on what content we should put on the site. They also helped us switch between owner management systems and install certain plug-ins that we needed. Now that the site is up and running, they mainly provide support and maintenance.

We have two main points of contact, but if we ever have problems we just send an email to the whole team and wait for a response.

How did you come to work with Firebrand?

A board member spoke to different companies and received a referral for Firebrand. They were local, understood our goals, and supported our organization, so we hired them.

We’ve spent between $20,000–$25,000.

They worked on this project from June–December 2014. They now mainly update and service the site.

The website looks amazing. People always say positive things about it, and it makes our organization look much more professional. The website is our most important marketing tool, and it definitely gives off a good first impression.

How did Firebrand perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re incredibly responsive. We had a few emergencies, and they fixed the problem within 24 hours. We mainly communicate via email and phone, although we do have in-person meetings sometimes.

They sometimes do pro bono work, like copywriting, because we’re a nonprofit. They have talented employees who support our mission.

I’d like the website’s backend to be a bit more user-friendly, so I could make changes by myself, but that’s more about the platform than Firebrand. We’d also appreciate a monthly report about how well the website is doing and other metrics.

Know what you want and help them understand your goals. If they know, they’ll be able to accomplish them.

Digital Marketing & Video for Large Public University

“Firebrand brought a level of creativity and innovation that has never been seen in collegiate marketing.”

July 2016 - Ongoing

Firebrand strategically positioned web content on the educational site to reflect updated branding and initiatives. They also produced captivating videos and marketing collateral to support fundraising efforts.

St. Paul, Minnesota
Scott Meyer
Chief Marketing Officer, University of Minnesota College of Arts & Sciences

Firebrand’s brand positioning services increased traffic to the updated website and attracted more prospective students. In addition to generating more donations, their engaging videos are raising the bar for higher-education marketing.

I am the chief marketing officer of the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Minnesota.

What challenge were you trying to address with Firebrand?

We needed to update our website, and bring awareness to the college’s current initiatives.

We were transitioning into a destination college, so we needed to reflect our new status on our website. Firebrand strategically arranged content and implemented key messaging to appeal to prospective students and their parents. They also worked on our Shattering Expectations campaign, which targeted donors, alumni, and prospective students for fundraising efforts. They produced two compelling videos and accompanying marketing collateral for the digital campaign. They plan to work on the third installment of the video series in the summer of 2018.

Firebrand’s founder was our primary contact.

How did you come to work with Firebrand?

I had a great experience working with Firebrand at a previous company, so I immediately recommended them to assist with the project

We spent $80,000 on the two videos and roughly $120,000 on the website renovation. Altogether, we’ve invested $200,000.

They’ve worked on projects for us as needed since July 2016. The first video premiered in September 2016, and the second debuted in November 2017; production for a third video is scheduled later this summer. The renovated website was launched in January 2018.

Their nontraditional content was well-received by our audiences. Traffic to the website increased significantly after the Shattering Expectation campaign material and videos were released. Many donors started reaching out to us, which was critical to our $150 million fundraising goal. We also gained more Facebook likes and Instagram followers from their work. A similar surge in traffic occurred when we launched the updated website.

How did Firebrand perform from a project management standpoint?

Using Basecamp as a project management tool enhanced communication between our teams, in addition to frequent emails and phone calls. They posted action items on the platform after every meeting for both groups to complete. We also tracked the project status and managed accompanying files on Basecamp.

Firebrand brought a level of creativity and innovation that has never been seen in collegiate marketing. They flawlessly executed their positioning and messaging strategies in the videos and website.

Firebrand’s services are in high-demand, so there are instances where their founder is stretched thin. They have an excellent staff of writers, architectures, and tech support; delegating work to senior members of those teams could alleviate the work overload.

Have a detailed scope of what you hope to achieve, and they’ll transform your vision into a concrete product.