Value Driven Digital Strategy and Development

Facet Interactive is a digital strategy agency leveraging data insights to help partners waste less time on low-impact digital ventures. Facet leverages full-spectrum analysis of business operations, marketing, and sales to ensure strong ROI for clients with their integrated marketing campaigns. Facet also services clients as a surrogate Product Owner or surrogate CMO in order to drive sound product and marketing decisions around our partner’s organizations.

El Segundo, CA
  • 840 Apollo Street STE 100
    El Segundo, CA CA 90245

LEGACY.COM: TECHNICAL PRODUCT LEADERSHIP AND ARCHITECTURE

Legacy.com, a quantcast top 50 site, was looking for a team to recommend and scope a new platform built in Node and React. They wanted a team that could work with React while pairing Drupal as a backend to handle the demands of the Legacy.com editorial team. Facet mapped requirements for delivery and managed delivery within a 6 month, hard deadline.

Read the complete case study on our site: https://facetinteractive.com/case-studies/legacycom-technical-product-le...

Drupal Web Development for Car Care News Service Website

“Their ability to identify an issue before I’m aware it exists makes them a great asset.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Facet Interactive provided troubleshooting and Drupal development services for an issue-ridden platform. They updated the software, added security barriers, and currently maintain the site.

Toledo, Ohio
Robert Zimmerman
Owner, Car Care News Service

The newly updated site has gained overall traffic, resulting in more downloads and active, daily users. The Facet Interactive team has provided valuable insight throughout the project. Despite a slower start to the project, they’ve been quick to find solutions and implement changes.

I’m the owner of Car Care News Service. We are a provider of copyright-free content about automotive maintenance and repair.

What challenge were you trying to address with Facet Interactive?

Initially, my website went down and I was experiencing Drupal issues, so I needed help identifying the problem. From there, I brought them on board to update the software and implement their solutions.

Their involvement began with troubleshooting our website. After hearing their diagnosis and recommendations, we hired them to fix the site. They updated our software and implemented a new security system, which included changing the site’s protocols as a preventative measure. Additionally, they integrated a new feature for reporting analytics.

Their team provides maintenance for the platform, and we’re planning on redeveloping the entire site in the future.

I primarily work with Peter (CEO, Facet Interactive), Jordan (Drupal Architect, Facet Interactive), and another teammate who helps with solutions and maintenance.

How did you come to work with Facet Interactive?

I reached out to Facet Interactive after getting referred by one of my clients.

So far, I've spent around $25,000 on this project.

We started working together in March 2017, and they continue to provide site maintenance.

Since implementing Facet Interactive’s recommendations, we’ve seen a significant increase in site visits, content downloads, and users of our materials. The site has over 13,000 active users and between 250–350 media outlets accessing the content daily. The platform is faster, more secure, and receives higher traffic.

Additionally, my understanding of the website has grown, so my users and potential sponsors can have more confidence in the company.

How did Facet Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team sets up videos conferences with me, so although we’re in different locations, it feels like we’re getting the face-to-face interaction I need. We often have hour-long phone calls to discuss their approach and progress–they’re very communicative.

Their ability to identify an issue before I’m aware it exists makes them a great asset. Their team keeps me up-to-date on the latest trends, which makes me more valuable to my clients. As a team, they’re proactive, insightful, and provoke creativity in every project.

It could have been more beneficial for my budget if I had to spend less time establishing my needs and industry in the beginning. Although it was helpful, I ended up running on a tight budget because of the time spent educating their team on my marketplace. It could have been better, in the long-term, if they had immediately worked on solving the issue.

Overall Score They're flexible and vigilant.
    They never let me down–they even met some deadlines I didn't expect them to.
    Although the budget became tight at the start, I'm pleased with their price.
    Everything delivered has been high quality work; I have no complaints.
    I've already referred them.

Custom Software Dev for Risk Management Company

"Their ability to identify the problems within our system and respond quickly is commendable."

2017 - Ongoing

Facet Interactive is rewriting and refactoring the code for a proprietary information management system. A key feature is sending automatically-generated emails.

Thousand Oaks, California
Jane Shaw
Vice President, Operations, Paladin Risk Management

The system's ability to send automatic emails to clients has improved dramatically since the engagement began. Facet Interactive's understanding of digital technologies helps them respond quickly to any inquiries or technical concerns that arise. They also offer useful tactical advice.

I’m VP of operations at Paladin Risk Management. We provide risk management services for construction companies and their insurance brokers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Facet Interactive?

We created our own enterprise data management system when the company started. Our needs have changed as the years have passed. The amount of data we process has continued to grow, which has stretched its information management capacity. We realized about a year and a half ago that we needed help fixing it.

Facet Interactive systematically reviewed our entire system. They're currently working with us to rewrite and refactor the code. They’re also enhancing our system so that it continues to grow with our needs. It serves as our proprietary information management system. It’s the tool we use to conduct our business internally, and our clients have access to it as well.

One key functionality they’ve worked on is the system’s ability to generate and send automatic emails to clients. There were issues with our clients receiving the emails, which was related to the code not being written properly for the number of projects. They're giving us more bandwidth and flexibility in the system to grow.

We work with several members of their team. We primarily work with two of their digital analysts, and they are using several offshore people for our project as well.

How did you come to work with Facet Interactive?

I think that our old programmer referred them, but that decision predates me.

We’ve spent $148,000 this year.

I joined the project after it was already underway, but I believe it started mid-2017. The engagement is ongoing.

Our clients are now regularly getting automatically-generated emails from the improved system. That’s the most tangible result of the work that they’re doing to retrofit and rebuild our system, so that it functions properly for the size and amount of information.

How did Facet Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

They are really thorough in terms of communication. We have a weekly stand-up call with everyone who’s working on the project. They use an account management system that allows us to go in and check the status of our tickets. I can see an estimation of how many hours each part of the project is going to take and what level of priority it’s been assigned. They lay everything out in a clear manner so that I understand each step of our processes.

They’re good at predicting the next area of revision or restructuring needed for our system. They can tell which areas need support. Their ability to identify the problems within our system and respond quickly is commendable.

It sometimes feels like the projects take more time than they should. However, usually, any delay is due to them being so thorough. It also requires extensive testing anytime they make modifications to our system.

It depends on what somebody needs in terms of specific projects. I appreciate their ability to communicate complicated concepts in terms that somebody without a technical background can understand.

Digital Marketing Strategy for Global Delivery Partner

“They’re process-oriented and use technology to enhance their deliverables.”

Apr. 2014 - 2016

Facet Interactive designed, developed, and implemented an effective digital marketing strategy. Their efforts included redesigning a website, reviewing analytics, and producing scheduled web content.

Portland, Maine
Michael Cannon
Chief Success Officer, Axelerant Technologies

Facet Interactive utilized sound marketing principles to sculpt a unique brand identity that drives lead generation. The revitalized website steadily doubled web traffic and enticed valuable clients. They’re trustworthy partners that develop processes to benefit all parties involved.

I’m the chief success officer of Axelerant. We’re a delivery partner for agencies and enterprises regarding software development, quality assurance, and other IT-related services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Facet Interactive?

We hired them to aid our marketing strategy efforts by developing a more approachable brand identity.

Facet Interactive developed a digital marketing strategy to better position our company towards software development firms and mid-sized marketing agencies. This included defining and executing a marketing plan. To do this, they redesigned some fundamental elements of our existing website and shaped the company’s new identity. Once the significant developments were complete, they helped us schedule future content releases and frequently reviewed analytics to refine our marketing strategy further. They also helped establish our brand guidelines and storytelling.

Jordan (CTO, Facet Interactive) and Peter (CEO, Facet Interactive) were our primary points of contact. They did a lot of the work themselves, but also allocated a designer and a content specialist to assist with various aspects of the project.

How did you come to work with Facet Interactive?

Jordan was the product owner for one of our clients. We collaborated with him on a project and enjoyed the experience. After developing a mutual trust with his team, he communicated to us that their expertise includes marketing. We considered several companies but ultimately chose Facet Interactive.

We spent between $25,000 and $50,000.

This project took place from April 2014–2016. However, we still check in with them each month to discuss strategy execution.

Within a month of the new website’s launch, we experienced a 20% increase in business. This growth would continue each month for the following six months. Furthermore, the site’s overall traffic doubled over the past two years. These stats are impressive, but it’s more important to increase conversions from clients that meet our ideal customer profile. After a few months of working with Facet Interactive, we were pulling in 1–3 extremely viable leads each week.

How did Facet Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

We both use Jira for project management tasks and have linked a communication tool between the two systems to keep them synced up with each other. We engaged in daily standups and utilized a scrum methodology to identify deliverables within each given work cycle.

They’re process-oriented and use technology to enhance their deliverables. While recognizing that marketing is a creative endeavor, they apply known principles to replicate success. They’re the kind of partners that we can grow with and I admire their ability to provide mutually beneficial results.

Overall Score We wish we had a similar relationship with our other clients and partners.
    They didn’t always adhere to the agreed upon schedule.
    They aren’t the cheapest firm available, but they’re worth the money we spent.
    We started getting the brand recognition we were looking for.

Adwords & SEO for Drupal Support Firm

"Their project management goes beyond overseeing or maintaining the project; they want to be involved in the details."

2016 - 2017

Facet Interactive assisted with an AdWords campaign and website rebranding through social media marketing and by creating and applying design concepts.

Austin, Texas
Director of Digital Services, Drupal Connect

The communicative team made a noticeable effort to be involved in the project and make all interactions personable. Their campaigns have resulted in increased sales and higher search ratings.

I am the digital director and a project manager for a large portion of projects at Drupal Connect. We are mainly a Drupal website development and support firm, but we also provide our services for similar sites like Ruby, Magento, and WordPress.

What challenge were you trying to address with Facet Interactive?

We needed help with our AdWords campaign and some website rebranding.

Throughout both the AdWords and rebranding campaigns, Facet Interactive provided an outside perspective, created and implemented design concepts, and boosted sales initiatives. Additionally, they helped with social media marketing through blog development and content management.

We worked most directly with the CEO.

How did you come to work with Facet Interactive?

I’m not positive, but I believe it was through word of mouth.

We’ve spent about $120,000.

We began working together in 2016 and the AdWords campaign finished about a year later in 2017. They still provide some services, like SEO. We also reach out to them sometimes when we have questions for our own clients.

Both the AdWords and SEO campaigns have dramatically increased our sales and search ranking.

How did Facet Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

We mostly communicated through Slack or Zoom. However, they’re very flexible and would be able to use different online communication tools. We would also have phone calls or video conferences. They are very communicative and personable. Their project management goes beyond overseeing or maintaining the project; they want to be involved in the details.

Facet Interactive is very well organized and has an established workflow, which makes them easy to work with. We never had to ask them to do something twice. They make and maintain connections through video conferences, and have attended several Drupal conferences. They’re easy to get ahold of and meet with in person.

Have established business goals going into the project. If you’re able to clearly communicate your requirements, Facet Interactive can quickly create a realistic roadmap to help you achieve your objectives.

Overall Score The project as a whole went smoothly, and we still maintain a good relationship with them.
    They give realistic estimates and timelines, which they stick to, and have a clear calendar that enabled us to easily set up meetings.
    We considered their hourly rate to be pretty high, however we saw a wonderful ROI.
    They were able to take our initiative and deliver positive results.
    They are personable and responsive. I would definitely recommend them to people.