Expansio Software House. Handmade. Digitized.

We are a Polish software house with the "turquoise company" management model.

We have a vast background in the area of web applications and mobile software. We specialize in creating software and hardware startups. We developed B2C and B2B startup products, such as:

• Enter the game (http://www.expans.io/enter-the-game/), an educational project for the employees of Volkswagen Poznań
  • CodeAll (http://codeall.fun) - startup focused on teaching programming using IoT devices, winner of many awards
  • Tinkerer (http://www.expans.io/tinkerer/) - beacons for the industry

Our startup projects were selected to many acceleration programs, such as Swiss Kickstart Accelerator, Google Launchpad Start, Startup Spark or MIT Enterprise Forum Poland. We have won the Edulab competition as the best educational startup in Poland (1 000 000 PLN of investment) and were granted more than 1 500 000 PLN by the Polish National Centre for Research and Development.

Founder of Expansio, Mateusz Jarus, has actively contributed to research work for more than 7 years. He is the co-author of 15 publications. His research work has been presented at multiple conferences around the world.

Mateusz Jarus is the alumni of TOP 500 Innovators Programme at Cambridge University. He is also the alumni of Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Programme at the Center for Research Computing, University of Notre Dame, USA.

Expansio has developed multiple software and hardware projects in the following areas:

• e-learning,
  • law,
  • advertisement,
  • company management.

We specialize in the following technologies: React, React Native, JavaScript and PHP.

• Rubież 46, budynek C, biuro 102, 61-612
    Poznań H61-612
    Poland
  • Poland

VW Poznań, Just Advertising Agency, Poznań University of Technology, Polish Financial Ombudsman, Metropolis Gdańsk, City of Poznan
Enter the Game Image

Enter the Game

Large companies face the problem of effective employee trainings, especially when trainings need to be done for at least hundreds of employees. "Effective" means two things: - economical - interesting for the employees and bringing measurable and reliable resultsTrainings can mean: - preparation to a workplace - raising awareness of employees in selected areas"Enter the game" changes traditional, boring and ineffective forms of

staff training into engaging micro-learning on the mobile phone in free time. Learning takes the form of entertainment - educating is a side effect of having fun.In the game employees become CEOs of the company in which they normally work. Their job is to develop the company. In order to do that, they need to learn new things. Their knowledge is verified through quizzes. Global ranking shows points of all of the players - the best players receive awards after each few weeks.

CodeAll Image

CodeAll

CodeAll is a tool to learn programming through a natural conversation with a chatbot - your private tutor in a pocket. The effects of coding are visible in the form of intelligent environment. It is possible thanks to programming Internet of Things sensors that allow to create a car parking sensor, intelligent fridge or turn off the light after clapping.CodeAll will keep monitoring your progress and motivate you to get back to

learning. CodeAll will also remember all of the mistakes that you made and prepare the next lessons to touch the sensitive topics again in the futureVisit the website http://codeall.fun/

Newsletter & Web Dev for Marketing Business

"I felt they cared about my expectations and my opinion."

Jan. 2014 - Oct. 2019

Expansio developed website landing pages and newsletter templates for a marketing campaign. They also optimized the site for mobile devices and produced online forms.

Monika Górska, PhD
Owner, Monika Górska Fabryka Opowieści

The landing pages effectively entice potential customers to convert, resulting in over 500 subscriptions for a product. Newsletters have been sent to 10,000 users. Expansio has an effective, organized workflow. It was a close collaboration marked by the vendor's personable communication.

Owner of Fabryka Opowieści

For what projects/services did your company hire Expansio?

Our business challenge was to expand our website - create specialized landing pages or introduce changes to the existing website. Overall, it was a long-lasting cooperation and when summed up it was an advanced project with many subpages. During the process of building my website they also prepared the template of my newsletter and mobile version of the website.

The main goal of this project was to create different landing pages or subpages on my website according the designs.

Expansio was recommended to me by a friend. I was looking for someone which will support me in a comprehensive, professional way.

I was also searching for company which will personalize the project to my working profile and my character. And with whom we will share the same values and professional attitudes. Expansio is a company which I trust and can relay on. What’s more, they have experience in creating similar projects.

During our long cooperation Expansio created multiple landing pages. Each of them encouraged potential clients to buy my products - online courses, workshops or books. Expansio also created the templates for my newsletter, which has been sent to a list of 10000 subscribers for past 6 years.

This newsletter is a part of the marketing campaigns to promote my products. Expansio also introduced changes to my main webpage, such as modifying texts, images or creating online forms. It was also important to create the mobile versions of the web pages.

The project coordinated Mateusz Jarus (CEO) and the software developers were: Marcin Kaźmierski (PHP Developer) and Piotr Biskup (Junior Programmer).

Online visibility is a very important part of my work. I sell my products mainly through the Internet, therefore the landing pages are essential part of my revenue generation. As the result over 500 people subscribed to my one year long online Masterclass of business storytelling.

The workflow was very effective. The process of creating website was divided into smaller jobs. The summary of the work (together with the current costs) was described in an online document. Expansio is also open to my suggestions of improving the cooperation. We were in close contact during the cooperation.

As I wrote before, I appreciate the special, personalized contact with the clients. I felt they cared about my expectations and my opinion. Their services were of high quality and the result was more than satisfying. They are skillful workers and good people.

Our longtime cooperation shows that our cooperation was very satisfying. Probably one of the most bothersome part of the project for me was the price of the work - the costs could be lower.

E-Commerce Development for Tights Company

"...they cared about our view, our expectations, and our opinion of their work."

July - Oct. 2019

Expansio created an e-commerce site with product filtering functionality and Polish subpages.

Anna Krężlewska
Director of Sales, Kompresyjni.pl

The website has generated interest from clients, and it has facilitated customer orders. Expansio had an organized workflow that incorporated consistent communication with stakeholders. They were responsive, friendly, and eager to help.

I am the owner and the director of sales at Kompresyjni.pl e-commerce. Kompresyjni.pl sells varicose tights for sportsmen and other people that have problems with varicose veins.

For what projects/services did your company hire Expansio?

The challenge that we faced was the development of an online shop. We did not have any internal capabilities to address the challenge (we do not hire any software developers).

Expansio created an online shop for our company. Our products may be searched by many filters, which is very comfortable and clear solution for our clients.

The filtering function implemented in our show is not a typical function that is available in other shops with similar products. It allows to specify multiple parameters that help to find the specific product.

The main goal of this project was to create interesting, original online shop, which will encourage our clients to get to know our products. The shop was created based on a custom design. The shop was based on Presta e-commerce platform. Our custom requirement was an advanced filtering function.

We have known each other for a long time - we already cooperated with Expansio a few years ago. We tried the implementation of the shop with another company in the beginning but after we weeks we quit the cooperation - we were not satisfied with their customer service.

The website contains many subpages in Polish language version. The products can be filtered using search engines. They are also divided into different categories, which makes searching easier. There is also a blog with useful articles. The user can create an account which helps buying our products.

The team created: Mateusz Jarus (CEO), Marcin Kaźmierski (PHP Developer), Gabriel Langier (Front-end Developer) and Wojciech Nowaczyk (Front-end Developer). The team size did not change over time.

The website was the main point to run our business. Now we notice the increasing interest of our clients, we also collect the first orders. The shop just started, we now focus the SEO, so the number of clients is not very high yet but it organically grows every day.

The workflow was very effective. The process of creating the website was divided into smaller jobs. What’s very important - we were always in touch with each other. We communicated over e-mail and phone. If there was any problem we could always call to the project manager from Expansio team. They are always ready to help us, they react really fast.

We appreciate the special, personalized contact with the clients. We felt they cared about our view, our expectations, and our opinion of their work. Their services were of high-quality and the result is satisfying.

We had a strong impression that we create the website together, we still can make some changes if there is such a need. The cooperation with Expansio is not finished yet. We still improve our products, company profile and the design so we still make some modifications in the project.

Our cooperation is quite long, we still work together. We believe we could improve the speed of introducing changes on the website. Expansio works in parallel on different projects. Sometimes we felt they could prioritize us.

Overall Score Good job :)
    We believe some changes could be introduced faster on the website
    The cost was very satisfying. Expansio agreed to reduce the final price a little
    Overall we were really happy with the quality of Expansio's work
    We were really happy with the work and do recommend other people to cooperate with Expansio

Website for Car Buying Company

"I appreciate the short time of implementation, clear and transparent terms of our cooperation..."

Mar. - Apr. 2018

Expansio built an informational website with subpages for the client’s different service offerings.

Chodzież, Poland
Arkadiusz Janiczak
Founder, Car Buying and Repair Company

The website allows end-customers to gather critical information about potential services, making the purchasing process smoother. Expansio provided daily updates and personable service. Their quick implementation time is notable.

I am the founder of car buying company. We buy damaged cars, repair them and sell again. We also offer towing services.

For what projects/services did your company hire Expansio?

My expectation was to create the website of my company - buying-up of cars in Piła. It was a relatively simple project with basic subpages, which was created to inform my clients about my offerings.

The main goal of this project was to create a simple, transparent website to give an opportunity to advertise my company online.

My friends recommended me Expansio. They were satisfied with the quality of the work which Expansio has done for them. The company does also more advanced project that mine so I was sure that they will face that challenge without problems.

Expansio created a simple website - showcase of my company. They did the project from scratch, they also suggested \ the design. The website had some subpages, each of them presented one of my services - car towing, car sale and buying up crashed cars. The website presented all cars that I was offering, there were many photos with descriptions and prices.

There were two software developers: Marcin Kaźmierski (backend developer) and Wojciech Nowaczyk (frontend developer).

Building a website was an important step for me. My company could present the products and services online which makes it more available for the clients. I couldn't sell cars through the Internet, but the clients could watch them and read all necessary information which helped them make choices. It reduced the time of the selling process.

The project management was very good and effective. There were two software developers: Marcin Kaźmierski (backend developer) and Wojciech Nowaczyk (frontend developer) and one project manager: Mateusz Jarus (CEO) who contacted me every day and informed about the progress.

I appreciate the short time of implementation, clear and transparent terms of our cooperation and open, friendly Expansio team. I was content with the effect of their work, it met my expectations.

I have no comments to the team and the result of their work. The only thing which was a small problem for me was the cost. I thought that kind of a simple project could be cheaper.

Web Development for Entrepreneur Platform

"We were impressed by their approach to clients."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

Expansio developed a website for a platform for entrepreneurs.  The team updated the team's WordPress engine, purchased site hosting, and provided IT support.

Poznan, Poland
Justyna Korzeb
Project Coordinator, Plus Jeden Poznań

The website has received positive feedback from external sources, including conference-goers. Expansio provides a high level of customer support and service. The team builds lasting partnerships with their clients.

I'm one of coordinators of “+jeden” project which is another step forward in the process of supporting inventors and entrepreneurs in Poznań (Poland). It is a place of work, meetings and exchange of experiences. A place where people with a different perspective on business and the city get together. A place which uses human and idea diversity to build new value.

For what projects/services did your company hire Expansio?

Web development of an existing website and generally IT consultancy services

The main goal was to maintain our website in best condition, add some functionalities and also to create a new subpage dedicated to our conference. We had terrible experience with previous software house that we worked with, so this time we wanted to get a partner who is reliable and we could work with him in the future. And as it turned out Expansio was a great choice.

We've known a CEO of Expansio for a long time. He's very proffesional, organized and trustworthy person. He always gave us his helpful hand when we had problems in IT matter - even before signing a contract. So that was important for us, but of course the price of services was as much important. So that's why we chose Expansio and not other company.

Update wordpress engine, making a daily backup for website, moving a page to a new server, purchase of hosting services on behalf of +jeden, IT support, creating a new subpage, website operation training

We have an account manager that we are in constant contact with, the Expansio's CEO is also very engaged in our project.

Many of participants of our conference told us that website is great. This was the 5'th edition, and till this year we didn't have a dedicated website/subpage to our conference. I think because of the website we had bigger interest in the event and also much more people attended Startup Poznań.

The communication between us and Expansio was remarkable. When we had any problem, they solved it just in few hours.

We were impressed by their approach to clients.

I don't see any.

Everything was done on time.
    It met our budget :)
    Everything is done perfectly.
    I would for sure recommend this company.

API Integration for Entertainment Company

"It was a good relationship that filled me with confidence throughout the timeline."

Feb. - May 2019

Expansio integrated a Graph API with an existing application in order to extract data from Facebook.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Mark Wheeler
Employee, Entertainment Company

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the results of the engagement. In particular, they appreciated Expansio’s long-term approach. There were no issues with communication, and their attention to detail was a strength.

I am the MD of a startup organization called Go Out Out Ltd. We aim to provide users with a guide to events and venues that meet their requirements through an app

For what projects/services did your company hire Expansio?

Data was key to ensure users could receive updates and have confidence in the application. The biggest data set was with Facebook, so the logical point was to extract that through the Graph API and allow it to be customised for our end end users to benefit from

Obtain authentication from Facebook, create a the API, create a standard table and filter upon this

Working with contacts at Innovate UK. After interviewing all suppliers, Mateusz and his team really grasped the issue and where extremely accommodating

Mateusz was the main contact, he managed the plan and kept me in the loop with his team

We achieved everything that was set out in the statement of works.

Coming into this, I was slightly concerned that language barrier may be an issue. This was not the case. I most impressed by the forward thinking of Expansio, the app has been configured openly to allow any other development team to pick it up and planned as foundation to grow upon. It was not a quick job to tick the box, real attention to detail was putting into the way it could be built

None from me

Game Development for Major Automotive Company

“They truly understood our project, which was one of the reasons our cooperation was good.”

Apr. - Dec. 2018

Expansio collaborated on the discovery phase to create a game application and then developed the app for Android and iOS. The game allows employees to answer questions and choose up to three levels to play.

Poznan, Poland
Assistant, Major Car Company

Expansio successfully developed the game app and improved the app by applying user feedback. The team delivered strong engagement in the project, creating a unique product that was tailor-made to fit the requirements. They offered excellent communication and strong flexibility in development.

I’m the assistant to the plant manager for a major car company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Expansio?

The main goal was to improve knowledge regarding the ongoing industrial revolution. We have noticed that we have many employees who have worked for us for several years, and the activities they do now are totally different from what they will be doing in two or three years. The technology and development are so huge. We need people who are motivated and want to know what the production process will be in several years’ time. We wanted to find a company who could help us to develop software for a game for our employees to play to help build awareness internally about our innovation. It was the first cooperation we had with a company like Expansio so we learned a lot during the process.

During the cooperation with Expansio, we decided that they could be co-creators of the concept. We developed a game application for Android and iOS. Expansio helped us develop the details, such as the questions our employees could answer within the game.

The gamers are our employees, from the factory workers to those who do administrative work. We wanted to have three main levels, and the employees can choose to do all the levels or just the one they wanted to participate in.

We had contact with the project manager as our main point of contact. In the later phase of the project, we were also in contact with other employees from their team. I’m not sure how many people worked on the project in total.

How did you come to work with Expansio?

We searched startup companies located in Poland, and we came across Expansio.

We worked with them from April–December 2018.

Before we started the project, we asked several users for feedback in a test phase. They mentioned there were some things that didn’t work as they would have liked. Expansio was flexible and reacted quickly to that feedback and improved the software.

How did Expansio perform from a project management standpoint?

We were satisfied with the communication. In the hot phase of the project, we were in contact on a daily basis. When we let them know we needed more data, they provided us with it.

The most impressive thing was their ability to be flexible. They truly understood our project, which was one of the reasons our cooperation was good. They were flexible to our needs, and it was a learning process for both sides. Also, they had expertise in how a company like ours works.

During the whole process, there was a common goal, and they were highly engaged. For me, it was important that they didn’t want to sell us a product that they already had. They wanted to develop the program with us. They asked us what we needed and tried to develop it according to our requirements.

They could improve when it comes to responsibility within the team. They had new employees, which was good for our project, but the responsibility within the team could be more efficient. It might be better if we had more than one contact person.

It’s important to give them clear goals and explain how you want things done. The more you let them know your expectations, the more they will know what they need to work on and develop to meet your needs.

Dev for Maritime Application

“They understood our programming requirements and adjusted their approach to accommodate our needs.”

Oct. 2018 - Dec. 2018

After doing the appropriate research, the Expansio team combined two applications into one solution. They completed the integration within a fixed time frame.

London, UK
Gavin Ashworth
Owner, Yachting Software Ltd

The new application helped grow the customer base. The Expansio team was diligently and flexible. They took responsibility for their portion of the project and worked hard to deliver a high-quality product.

I’m the owner of Yachting Software Ltd. We primarily develop navigation software for marine activities and solutions to increase fishing productivity.

For what projects/services did your company hire Expansio?

We had an existing app that had been built by other developers, but we needed to integrate it with another application built with the Navionics Mobile SDK.

We needed to seamlessly connect the Navionics app with our Yachting Software app before a fixed deadline.

We provided specifications to an EU-funded organization, and they selected Expansio.

First, Expansio examined the Yachting Software app’s functions and interfaces and analyzed the Navionics app. Then they put together a plan to connect the two. Once that was finalized, they integrated the applications into one. We had a public demonstration scheduled in November, so they worked quickly to finish the project before that deadline.

Expansio provided a team of developers who collaborated with our internal software team and the app’s original developers.

By combining our flagship application with the Navionics app, we have the opportunity to grow our customer base.

Expansio was responsible for the largest portion of the project. They really took the lead collecting information on the functionality of both the Yachting Software and Navionics app and defining the project requirements.

They understood our programming requirements and adjusted their approach to accommodate our needs. They analyzed the application from the user’s point of view, which helped them deliver a high-quality experience.

No, nothing comes to mind.

Overall Score They're an excellent service provider.
    They completed the project on time.
    Their cost was the same or lower than other vendors we considered.
    Their work fulfilled our requirements.

Database Dev for Online Medical Products Company

"[T]hey’re the best programming company I’ve worked with."

April 2017 - Ongoing

The partnership began with Expansio providing a file-transfer solution, and after successful integration, they are now developing a product to organize work flow.

Poland
Pawel Krezlewski
Vice President, SeniorSkep.pl

The success of the file-transfer product is company-wide, being the exclusively used solution for transferring files. Expansio continues to impress with their Organizer product, as well as their friendly contact and useful knowledge.

SeniorSkep sells medical products via online stores. I’m a vice president.

What challenge were you trying to address with Expansio?

We cooperate with Expansio on many projects to have them develop simple website solutions for us.

The most recent project was called Organizer, a solution to organize work in our company. It's one of Expansio’s products, though we're still discussing how it’s going to work in our company. The project is completed, but we're not using it in full functionality yet because we haven't had time to implement it in our work. They use WordPress and Java for the product.

We are in contact with one person from their team all the time. My friend works closely with them on this project.

How did you come to work with Expansio?

My friends recommended them. We tested many people, and they're the best programming company I've worked with, due in part to the close contact we have.

We have spent $7,000 on the project.

The Organizer project started in April 2017, and we are still not finished. Our people still need to get used to it and start using all its tools.

Besides Organizer, they created a file-transfer solution that’s been productive for our company. This is our only method of transferring files, and we are very happy with it. There are other small solutions they’ve done for us.

How did Expansio perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate through phone or Skype. When we have a problem, we call them to fix it.

Their friendly contact, fast solutions, and useful knowledge set them apart. It’s easy for them to find solutions to problems.

They’re always on time. If there’s a delay, they work after hours to get things done.
    They give me a good price.
    They work fast when I ask for something to be fixed.
    I always do that.