Driven by Excellence

Exigent Technologies is a full-service information technology consulting firm that implements and maintains high-performance IT systems for small and medium-sized organizations in a wide range of industries. Regardless of their size, today’s companies rely on anytime, anywhere access to information—and Exigent delivers. For smaller clients, we provide customized support for total IT needs.

For larger enterprises, we complement internal IT resources for higher levels of efficiency and productivity. Established in 1997, Exigent brings proven experience and expertise to every engagement. We differentiate ourselves through a consistent emphasis on integrity, responsiveness and value-added service.

1997

• Bulbrite Industries,
  • roundCorner,
  • Heath Village,

IT Consulting Partner for Vitamin Manufacture

“They’re fast, knowledgeable, and honestly a great group of people.”

Jan. 2010 - Ongoing

Exigent Technologies acts as a long-term IT consulting partner. Their duties include server maintenance and 24/7 network monitoring. They led a system migration to Office 365 and were integral to its success.

West Caldwell, New Jersey
Kelly Chippendale
IT Systems Manager, VitaQuest International

Exigent Technologies consists of a highly-motivated and talented team of technicians. They deliver tasks quickly and proactively find viable solutions. One of their team members even repaired a lost production server. Their friendly approach facilitates a communicative and pleasant experience.

I’m the IT Systems Manager for VitaQuest International. We’re a vitamin manufacturing and supplement company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Exigent Technologies?

We hired them to support our various IT projects.

Exigent Technologies handles most of our IT related efforts. This includes updating our core switches and virtual machine server hosts. In addition to monitoring our network 24/7, they’re currently helping us migrating our system to Office 365. They worked remotely to produce the necessary documentation and tested every scenario possible within the migration effort. They started the actual process but allowed us to take over the project with the documents they provided. Our engagement is purely project-based as they don’t provide IT managed services or Help Desk support.

They have a project manager that I’ll email to initiate an assignment. The staff varies per the request, but we know everyone on the team after working together for so long.

How did you come to work with Exigent Technologies?

We worked with a company that subcontracted the IT portion of their services to Exigent. We liked how they performed, so we hired them to work for us directly.

We spent about $150,000 annually for the past three years. In total, we’ve likely spent between $200,000 and $1 million.

We started working together in January 2010 and the relationship is ongoing.

We lost one of our large production servers and had given up trying to recover it. We even called Microsoft and they said we’d have to rebuild the server. One of their team members figured out the problem and was able to solve it, thus saving the server. It was incredible.

How did Exigent Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

All of their technicians are friendly, professional, and focus on the task at hand. They keep us updated via phone or email and often address problems before we discover them.

They’re fast, knowledgeable, and honestly a great group of people. It’s actually fun to work with them and we always get results fast. They do not try to ‘sell’ you something you don’t need. They strive to find solutions that would benefit our company.​

​​​​​​Are there any areas they could improve?

I mostly interact with them through email because I prefer not to use their automated system.

​​​​​​​Do you have any advice for potential customers?

Listen to their ideas because they aren’t just trying to sell you something. They do their best to help clients in any way possible.

Franchise Communication Platform for Fast Casual Food Chain

“They’re like an extension of our family.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Exigent will soon build a communication platform that facilitates correspondence between multiple business establishments. They’re currently deliberating the most efficient development approach.

New York Metro Area
Chief Development Officer, Food Chain

While the process is just beginning, Exigent’s notable reputation drives high expectations for the final deliverable. Their commitment to transparent and cordial communication inspires further confidence in a successful project. They’re a tenacious and valuable addition to any team.

I’m the chief development officer of a fast casual food chain.

What challenge were you trying to address with Exigent Technologies?

We wanted to obtain different tools that could improve the efficiency of our day-to-day communications with franchisees. A specific portal or platform was needed to establish a dedicated line of communication.

We’re only in the first phase of the process, so I can’t speak to the specific technologies or integrations that will eventually make up the platform. Exigent is collaborating with us to navigate through the initial planning stages and decide on the most streamlined approach possible.

We communicate directly with their VP of app development. We finalize decisions together and he conveys that information to his team of 5–7 people. I know there are more people than that working on our project, but we haven’t spoken to everyone at Exigent, so I’m unable to provide an exact number.

How did you come to work with Exigent Technologies?

My team and I researched different software developers and came across Exigent. We heard they built a similar platform for another popular franchise and thought we should give them a shot. We initiated a conversation and were able to establish a relationship. It seemed to be a good fit, so we decided to move forward with them.

We’ve spent around $50,000 so far.

We started working together in March 2017 and the engagement is ongoing.

While still in the early stages of development, we fully expect the finished product to positively impact daily communication between franchisees. The platform will also allow owners to easily track item shipments and receive materials from our corporate headquarters. The increased interaction will strengthen our relationship with each store location.

How did Exigent Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Their ability to communicate has been great so far. If there’s a misstep, they’re open to revising the approach and committing to a different direction. We’ve met multiple times at their headquarters when initially negotiating the project. Now that we’re working through the process, their VP of app development comes to our main office for weekly meetings. It’s definitely a good relationship.

The key factor for me is the ability to communicate with Exigent the way we do. They’re personable and can be reached easily. They’re like an extension of our family. That kind of relationship sets them apart from similar vendors.

Considering we’re in the first stage of the project, I don’t have any recommendations for them. They’re hardworking and do their best to accommodate us. I’m proud to have them as part of our team.

Be honest and straightforward with what you’re looking to accomplish by engaging them. Clear communication can help avoid mistakes.

Security Consulting and Managed Services for Law Firm

“Their technicians have such a wide knowledge base and I’m amazed at how quickly they come up with solutions…”

May 2008 - Ongoing

After starting as a consultant, Exigent expanded to manage security services including firewalls and antivirus solutions, as well as equipment and software renewal. They also handle remote access capabilities.

Roseland, New Jersey
Jason Sherry
IT Director, Post, Polak, Goodsell & Strauchler

System security has improved and internal reviews have been positive. Exigent is available via email and is highly-responsive to tickets, pro-actively solving problems before follow-up is necessary. Their team’s breadth of knowledge, as well as their flexibility, make for an innovative partnership.

I’m the IT Director for Post, Polak, Goodsell & Strauchler, a medium sized law firm with about 25 attorneys. We are a multi-service firm, providing legal services to commercial, individual, and public sector clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with Exigent?

I reached out to them originally because we were seeing so much growth that we couldn’t deal with the security concerns that came with it. I’m basically the entire IT department, and constantly having to train and retrain and look at so many solutions was just too much.

Initially, they only acted as a consultant, but then we moved into managed services when we saw what we were spending on equipment because of its lifecycle, and software in a 24/7 access world. This provided a team of people who were looking at stuff and jumping to help resolve issues. They handled hardware and software renewals, which keeps us up to date, and also did a Microsoft operating system push. They’ve also done all our solutions vetting for a document management system, firewall and antivirus tools, as well as implementing remote access. Finally, they manage our desktop rollouts and our remote access system.

We have a dedicated account manager, who I actually worked with when they were at another company, as well as a managed services lead. I’ve also gotten to know some of the technicians that have worked on specific projects for us. In total, we’ve had a core group of 10-12 people that were coordinated work on projects with.

How did you come to work with Exigent?

I knew and had worked with two people who used to work for another company but had since moved to Exigent, so I reached out to them.

We pay a monthly rate of $6,000 month, and then add in whatever other projects they help us with. Altogether, we’ve spent between $252,000-$288,000 so far.

We’ve been working with them since May 2008.

A number of the items we've taken on with them have kept us from being a victim of malware and ransomware attacks. We deal with a lot of privileged information and confidential materials, and we’ve stayed ahead of the hacking and email phishing, which I attribute to the solutions Exigent has provided and implemented. I’ve been handing over the reins a little on this, but everybody’s been very happy.

How did Exigent perform from a project management standpoint?

We mainly communicate by email, and they often resolve the tickets we send before I can even check them in their customer portal. Everyone I’ve worked with the past few years has been very responsive, so I can't say I've had any issues.

Their technicians have such a wide knowledge base and I’m amazed at how quickly they come up with solutions on the fly, and it doesn’t lead to an exorbitant bill. I haven’t seen that with other companies. We never have to think about downtime because it’s always up; they’re always invisibly there.

I would say to utilize the number of services they offer. We initially held back on a few things, just from working with other companies and being afraid of some of the services provided. But Exigent knows a lot more than one might expect. It’s really just trusting in the services that they're offering and then utilizing their Help Desk. I sometimes hesitated to reach out and I wish I had just trusted in the first place, because there’s usually people that've been through it and know the answer to something that I'll spend hours looking into.

Overall Score The fact that we've kept with them and continue with new projects and expanding our services speaks for itself.
    They’re very driven to efficiently get things done and keep me in the loop on progress.
    The ROI is great because of their effectiveness and the fact that they’re always there.
    I would recommend them to not just law firms, but to other industries as well.

IT Managed Services for Non Profit Center

“We’ve never had to keep them on schedule; they’re very timely.”

Oct 2007 - Ongoing

Exigent provides remote IT maintenance that includes virus protection and removal, software maintenance, and recommendations for technology updates.

Asbury Park, New Jersey
Clark Shannon
Director of Operations, The Center in Asbury Park

While their billing system could use improvement, Exigent provides immediate feedback, with assistance and resolution typically taking 24 hours. They have gone beyond the required technical maintenance by suggesting unique solutions, as well as providing philanthropic support.

I’m the director of operations for The Center in Ashbury Park. We’re a 25–year–old social service agency that provides assistance for and helps prevent homelessness in the HIV/AIDS community.

What challenge were you trying to address with Exigent Technologies?

We needed an IT company that could scale with us as we grew and remotely perform technology maintenance.

Annually, we will purchase new equipment from them. On a monthly and day–to–day basis they provide us with technical support whether that is a computer virus, an email account not responding, or server maintenance. As issues arise, we contact their local line to submit a ticket request, and we usually receive help within 24 hours.

The same person has always helped us with ticket requests, and I’ve worked with five different technicians, all of whom work remotely and respond immediately.

How did you come to work with Exigent Technologies?

Our executive director knew them from previous work and recommended we reach out to them.

We began working with Exigent October 2007 and the work is ongoing.

After a power failure in our area, they did research and recommended a new server, which exceeded our expectations of their services. They also look at ways outside of technology to show their support. Exigent has donated several computers to us, as well as participated in our various food drives.

How did Exigent Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Other than calling with ticket requests, we usually communicate through email and we’ve been very satisfied with that.

They will call us once they start the work so that we can log on to their website and watch what they are doing to learn from it. They follow up with another call once they are finished, and we’ve never had to keep them on schedule; they’re very timely. It’s beneficial for us to have someone working remotely because they can provide immediate assistance.

They could be more consistent in how they bill. Sometimes a bill will come through the mail, sometimes through email, sometimes they will go directly to our executive director. It would be easier for account purposes if our executive director was sent an invoice every time.

I trust them explicitly. I don't think they would ever overcharge us.

IT Managed Services for Bank Solutions Firm

“I can’t imagine doing my work and my responsibilities without having them assist me in day-to-day operations.”

Feb. 2013 - Ongoing

Exigent Technologies provides IT support for a banking technology firm. They manage ticketing, handle laptop reimaging, and perform monthly server maintenance. Support staff visits bimonthly.

Newark, New Jersey
Tom Pinou
Director of Data Center Operations, BITS

Laptop build time dropped significantly. Exigent Technologies’ focus on customer service is evidenced by their professionalism and high degree of availability. Although they would benefit from more on-site meetings, their dedication to finding solutions makes for a successful partnership.

I’m the Director of Data Service Operations for BITS. We handle infrastructure and technology for community banks across the country.

What challenge were you trying to address with Exigent Technologies?

We found that technology managers and IT support people tend to move from company to company, so, after 10 years, we couldn’t do our own desktop and server support anymore. We wanted to be more effective to our company, so we needed someone to take over those responsibilities. We hoped this would keep us up to date on the newest technologies, and allow us to focus more on our clients themselves.

Exigent is available from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. as per our contract. They also send our account support engineer to our office twice a month to help us with a new hire, repurpose or reimage laptops, or handle any of our desktop support. Exigent also maintains our twelve critical servers, which they have remote access to so they can address any issues or events that occur, as well as run our monthly server reboot.

We mostly work through our frontline call-in person with Exigent, but we also interact with their operational manager as well as their president and CEO.

How did you come to work with Exigent Technologies?

We were looking at three to five different companies and after we narrowed it down to two, our CTO selected Exigent. The personal service of their staff, the expertise of their employees, and their interest in resolving any problem we had all contributed to our decision.

We’ve been working together since February 2013, and we recently signed up for another year.

They drastically reduced our laptop build time which was taking all day and still not completing. They discovered that there was something going on with Microsoft’s Office 365 platform that they didn’t highly publicize or disclose, but had become a customer satisfaction issue for us internally. They were very diligent about finding where the problem was and relaying it back to us. It was further documented by January of 2017, so we weren’t the only ones feeling this, although we felt like we were. They also discovered a similar problem with our cloud provider that handles our custom applications. That provider had released something that created an interoperability problem when we were building machines, laptops or servers.

How did Exigent Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They have their own ticketing system and an extensive database where they log every problem. They also aggregate and document all the information from our custom apps, which run in the background of the laptops, to make sure that the next device is an easy build.

They take a long time to hire the right people for their organization. Over the years, there's been a half-dozen key people there that if there's an issue, and they're on the phone with one of our employees trying to resolve something remotely, they don't give up. They don't stop until it's done. They don't even take lunch. I've witnessed calls that last three to four hours, just to maintain that sense of security that they’re there to fix our problem.

Everyone I speak to is the same in their excellence and professionalism, which is remarkable in this day and age. You always think you might hit on somebody that's not interested or engaged, but they’re all completely engaged and involved in any problem, and they look to resolve it as quickly as possible. I can’t imagine doing my work and my responsibilities without having them assist me in day to day operations.

Going forward in our account, I asked that we have on-site meetings twice a year, instead of the once a year we’ve been doing. I think it’s helpful because as things change throughout the year, they may have a new product offering or we may have a new application that we need. That could develop into a couple times, quarterly maybe, but this point I just asked for it to be twice a year.

Campus-wide Network Deployment for Retirement Community

“Aside from their technical skills, they are people you can get to know and trust.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2007 - Ongoing

Initially, Exigent set up the wireless network infrastructure within a large, multibuilding facility. They continue to provide crucial IT services, including server and desktop rollouts.

New York City Metro Area, New York
Anthony Puccio
Controller, Heath Village Retirement Community

Exigent is a trusted partner, and their expertise, efficiency, and reliability ensure the successful delivery of critical services. Since they are also very thorough and highly responsive, it’s not surprising that the engagement has lasted for over a decade.

I am the controller for Heath Village Retirement Community. We are a not-for-profit retirement community with around 300 staff members. We have about 400 residents who live on our campus in independent settings or with assisted living—most of them start out as independent residents. They live in clusters of apartments spread out over 100 acres, similar to a college campus. We provide skilled nursing and higher levels of care so that people can move here and age in place.

What challenge were you trying to address with Exigent Technologies?

Aside from ongoing technical support, we also needed to have Wi-Fi installed throughout our facility. We used to have a wired network that was limited to the administration area in the main building. Our nursing staff relies heavily on computers as everything is now electronic, so it’s critical that our network stays up.

They are our outsourced IT department as we don’t have an internal one. Aside from providing ongoing IT services, they also handle projects when needed. For example, they put in the infrastructure for our Wi-Fi network, doing a lot of underground fiber cable installation to connect all of our buildings to the main one. There are about 100 computers on the network, including both desktops and laptops.

Other major projects include server rollouts and relocating our server room. Since we are a healthcare facility, we needed to minimize the downtime, so the relocation took a lot of coordination, engineering, and architecture work. We’ve also rolled out new desktops a couple of times.

Over time, I have gotten to know most of the techs, who are all good. With certain project work, we would get a project engineer and would only work with that person. The day-to-day technicians are different.

How did you come to work with Exigent Technologies?

We worked with another company who eventually merged with Exigent. We came to know about them through word of mouth.

Currently, we spend about $5,000 per month. Our Wi-Fi project was close to $500,000, and we spent $100,000 for each of the server and desktop rollouts as well.

We’ve been their client for about 10 years now.

They have redundancy built into just about everything, which shows that we are a high-priority client.

How did Exigent Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I appreciate the way they work because when they say something will be done within a specific timeline, they are pretty much spot on. When it comes to managing bigger projects, they have been excellent. They are very thorough. They give us an organized statement of work with all of the details, and it pretty much unfolds the way they say it’s going to. I have never had a project derail. In contrast, I have worked with firms in the past where things were heavily delayed. They are also very responsive, and I honestly couldn’t ask for more in that area.

I am quite amazed by their technical competence. IT services and technology are complicated, and they seem to really know their stuff. Aside from their technical skills, they are people you can get to know and trust. For me, that counts for a lot.

Honestly, no.

Overall Score It seems like everyone on their staff is equally as competent as the next person. I have enjoyed working with them.
    IT services are expensive, but they put thought behind everything that they recommend to keep the costs down. They are also very good at providing options.