Web & Mobile Development

We are Everlabs — a web and mobile development company based in Ukraine. With 4 years of experience as a company we have built a cool team and aggregated really useful solutions and best practices in Tourism, Logistic, Wellness, Healthcare, and Insurance. We not just making the tasks done, we always find the right solutions for our clients to expand their business or to solve the problem they are having at the moment.

We have passion for building applications with Ruby on Rails, but use other technologies as well. For backend frameworks, we love .NET, Sinatra, NodeJS and everything complimentary as well – iOS/Android native development, cross-platform (Ionic framework), AngularJS 1/2, ReactJS, CSS3/HTML5, vanilla JS, jQuery, tons of cloud services and lots of related technologies.

Cherkasy, Ukraine

Dev Partnership for Business Technology Firm

"They did a great job in building something that clients like. The product is extremely stable."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Using Ruby on Rails and other frameworks, Everlabs supports the development of various applications. Features include integration with Stripe and statistic management.

Scottsdale
Chris Ronzio
Founder, Organize Chaos

The number of users of the platform has increased significantly since Everlabs was first engaged. Expertise and meticulousness are hallmarks of their work. Their attention to detail, responsiveness, and ability to deliver quality solutions justify the investment and make them a valuable partner.

I'm the owner and president of Organize Chaos. We build software applications for helping improve workflows of small businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with Everlabs?

We had more jobs than we could handle internally. We needed extra bandwidth, especially for Ruby on Rails development.

They've built a few different projects for us since they started. One is a learning management software. It’s a SaaS application that users can sign up for, and it includes a Stripe integration. It also features a custom WYSIWYG editor and content editor. They've done another software application project for managing statistics. An agency can sign up to track all their client data and APIs via a dashboard. In addition to Ruby on Rails, they use Bootstrap, JavaScript, and some custom design elements.

We work with two full-time developers. They also have a manager that we can talk to if there are any issues.

How did you come to work with Everlabs?

I found them through a Google search. They speak wonderful English, which is helpful so we can get on a call or video chat to discuss the projects. They were willing to do a trial before we had to pay anything, just to make sure that we were happy.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$100,000.

We began working together in September 2017 and it's an ongoing relationship.

The product that they've worked on for the last few months has grown 40% month over month, which is significant. They did a great job in building something that clients like. The product is extremely stable. We have thousands of users in over 20 different countries on the platform.

How did Everlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

We added the developers to our Slack channels in order to facilitate project management. We also communicate with them through our Pivotal Tracker account, which is where we document our stories, features, and bug requests. Infrequently we'll get on a call in order to discuss the next big set of things that are coming. We also keep everything documented in our GitHub account. We check in occasionally with the manager, but we generally don't engage him in the process. We prefer to work directly with the developers, assigning projects and putting everything into our system. Overall, we're happy with their availability and responsiveness. They've been a great extension of our team.

They build things to spec, and get things right on the first try. With other developers, they made assumptions that resulted in having to rebuild things multiple times. Everlabs is very thorough in interpreting our stories, and make very few mistakes.

It would be great if they hired more team members. They’ve been great so far, so hopefully they continue to grow as we grow.

The more thorough the client can be in describing what they want, the better success they're likely to get from the developers. Everlabs has thanked us for clearly writing the stories and delivering very clear requirements.

Delays were mostly due to us making extra requests along the way.

Development for Series of Web & Mobile Apps

"I’ve been quite satisfied and have recommended them."

Dec. 2013 - Ongoing

Everlabs is currently working on Android & iOS apps, plus server management, landing page development, and web app creation, including payment processing.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Founder, Multiple Startups

The gas delivery app has received around 5,000 downloads. Their hands-on approach and responsive team ensure the best possible solutions. They stand out by providing cost-effective suggestions and skillfully coordinating with an external Android resource.

We are a startup on-demand gas-delivery company operating in Moscow, Russia. We have worked on several apps for more than 5 years, for several startups. One of those was a Russian B2B marketplace for companies transacting oil and other industrial products, and another was a travel app. I was a co-founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Everlabs?

We needed help with server work, landing pages, mobile applications, and so on.

Everlabs is developing our gas delivery app. We’ve also worked on a mobile application and web platform for solo travelers, which is a trip planner that makes suggestions for things to see and so on. It interfaces with Google Maps and synchronizes with its users’ accounts on the mobile side.

How did you come to work with Everlabs?

Their owner, Oleg Pasko, was referred to me by some friends. We started working on some websites together and I gradually gave them more work. I’ve been quite satisfied and have recommended them to friends in Israel looking for IT services. The cost here is much higher than it is in Ukraine.

How much have you invested with Everlabs?

The cost of their work has exceeded $50,000.

We started working with Everlabs in December 2013. We are continuing to work on the on-demand gas delivery project. They are currently developing an email trigger functionality.

The on-demand gas delivery project was launched at the end of April 2017 and has reached around 5,000 downloads. We don’t have too many orders, but we are working on this.

How did Everlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m more than satisfied with them on the current project. Everlabs has taken away most of my headaches around the coordination between their internal developers with the external Android resource we’re using. I assign tickets on how I want the product to be in terms of user experience and its marketing goals, and we figure out solutions together. I don't have to be involved with anything after that; I simply receive results and test them.

We use Redmine for the collaboration and Skype most of the time for communication. We aren’t very satisfied with the tool itself, but my other teammates aren’t as savvy with using other web applications, however, Everlabs responds almost immediately to us.

There have been some delays, but some of them have been our fault. We are a startup and are testing different things; for example, I gave them specs for the email trigger functionality and they developed it. After that, we got some market responses and had to make some changes. We have changed tickets on the fly.

What did you find most impressive about Everlabs?

As an entrepreneur, I will sometimes want features which aren’t necessary at the moment. Everlabs asks me if I really need those items and will discuss with me how we can make things simpler. They should be interested in more work since I pay them accordingly, but the team has actually suggested doing things later on instead of doing whatever I ask for.

Other developers would have been willing to create a much too complicated system, but Everlabs has warned me when a 10% increase in functionality could lead to 50% more issues. This type of feedback has helped me save quite a bit of money.

Are there any areas Everlabs could improve?

They don’t have an Android developer on board, so I’ve had to hire one separately. They are working on this, however.

They haven’t always delivered on time, but it has also been our fault.
    For me, it’s fair enough.
    I’m not a developer, but everything has worked, so I’m happy. If something happens, they react quickly and make more of an effort to solve issues than I do.
    I have recommended them to friends and colleagues who’ve asked me about mobile developers.

App & Web Development for HR Healthcare Platform

"Everlabs has an honest and truthful team, which lends them a lot of credibility."

Apr. 2015 - Ongoing

Everlabs created a B2B mobile employee wellness app for large companies. The team worked with exisiting wireframes to integrate a number of different medical devices into the app.

San Francisco Bay Area
CEO, Healthcare Platform

The final app has an intiutive user interface that has gotten great feedback. The team has a solution-oriented development process and adopts long-term strategies for growth. Everlabs constantly evolves their project management strategy and continually offers new training for their staff.

We provide a corporate wellness platform which allows employees to manage their own health in a preventative manner, and which allows HR wellness managers to design programs for the staff, and manage them continuously. Our second product line is for chronic-disease management. I am the CEO of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Everlabs?

We came to them when we barely had our first specs and wireframes for the mobile product. We had a number of integrations with medical devices, and different notifications which were a challenge.

We have built our product from the ground up together with Everlabs. They’ve been hands-on in terms of assessing an existing experience and integrating with different components. The platform is a responsive Ionic app, and we don’t have any native versions.

How did you come to work with Everlabs?

I went to the same school as one of their frontend engineers, before moving to the US and running my company. I reached out to him while working with another IT company in the early days, and I also met Everlabs’ CEO. We had a good conversation, and, within a month, a contract was drafted by my lawyers.

How much have you invested with Everlabs?

The cost of their work has been around $75,000.

We started working with Everlabs in April 2015. The project is ongoing. Like any IT products, ours had a number of iterations and updates over time. Everlabs has had to support our ongoing innovation effort.

Our product is B2B, so we don’t care very much about our downloads on the Apple Store. We have gone through a few accelerators, and have a few pilots going on, with the main focus being on large employers.

The user interface designed by Everlabs is intuitive and simple, and our clients have been satisfied in many ways, including the less tech-savvy ones. They have been able to figure out how to use and navigate the product. The HR dashboard has a nice interactive design, and we’ve gotten a lot of positive responses for it, as well as for its functionalities.

I’ve been satisfied with the team’s thought process around the architecture of our second product, which is more clinic-oriented. The solution they came up with is ideal for a long-term strategy and implementation with larger customers. From a user standpoint, we have a comprehensive product.

How did Everlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

They are constantly improving in this respect. The company has been growing since last year, and we now have a dedicated product manager who has well-defined and effective processes. We’ve gone through R&D processes before deciding on what we should and shouldn’t be doing. We want them to be experts in the industry, and give us appropriate feedback.

What did you find most impressive about Everlabs?

I was very impressed with the team from the beginning. They are skillful and have never said no to us. They think about customer needs and business processes in order to drive a product that makes sense. They have taken part in the conversation and understood the reasons behind building a new feature. They were always on time, organized, detail-focused, and product-management-oriented. I had worked with a number of IT companies in the past and was very disappointed. Everlabs has an honest and truthful team, which lends them a lot of credibility. They never promised more than they could deliver or oversold themselves, which is crucial for any company. The team is constantly taking classes for professional development, based on which they’ve come up with new ideas like using Alexa voice.

Are there any areas Everlabs could improve?

They have taken some of the recommendations we provided, in terms of having more dedicated people who could work on site with me and define project needs and details. That could bring more efficiency for the frontend and backend developers and could allow us to better define product features and use cases.

Different firms have different focuses. We, as a healthcare company, are looking for additional resources which will bring more experience around the US hospital systems, and more knowledge around integrations. Having developers who have done work in hospitals would be valuable, but we were the first healthcare company Everlabs had experience with.

Estimates have been good.
    They’re incredibly cost-efficient.
    I’ve had a very good experience with Everlabs. We received the quality we expected.
    I’d love to refer them to anyone in a similar area.

Development for App Monetization Systems

"[T]hey make every effort to accommodate our needs."

Feb. 2014 - Ongoing

Everlabs conducts integral frontend development tasks for an app monetization and distribution platform, deploying multiple technologies to create functional components at all stages of the product lifecycle.

Tel Aviv, Israel
VP Product Management, App Distribution Firm

Collectively, the tools coded and tested by Everlabs support reliable products used by millions of people worldwide. The team’s flexible turnaround time, constant availability, and growing capabilities continue to boost efficiency.

I’m the VP of product management for an app monetization and distribution platform. We offer both DSP [demand-side platforms] and SSP [supply-side platforms] to mobile developers and build tools to either promote or monetize their apps. We are a fully self-serve transparency platform that’s similar to Google AdWords or the Facebook media-buying system.

What challenge were you trying to address with Everlabs?

Our product is an internal dashboard for monitoring internal APIs on specific pages of our platform or website. Everlabs has helped us with a lot of tasks over the years, including cutting down the designs to HTML and building landing pages, scripts, parsers, or crawlers that we needed internally, as well as different kinds of emailers and server setups. Most of the work is low- to medium-end tasks to complete our current R&D efforts.

They are involved in all stages of the product. Sometimes they help us with design, and sometimes they only do the HTML work. They also handle deployment with the server and introduce changes and improvements to the product after it’s been used on the market.

We do all the preparation work and implement their deliverables on our side. After a review process, we implement the more complex functionalities in-house. Everlabs mainly uses JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and Ruby for us. We did a little bit of client-side mobile work with them, but not on a large scale. They supplied developers for some smaller tasks. They didn’t build something that went live or a full functionality for us.

How many resources were assigned to your project?

Internally, we have 6 product management resources as well as a project manager. Each product manager is authorized to use Oleg’s [CEO, Everlabs] services to complete their duties. I work with him periodically when I take on some work myself.

How did you come to work with Everlabs?

I joined the company in February 2014 and brought a lot of requirements. Someone from our team had worked with Everlabs before and recommended them. I jumped at the opportunity and continue to work with them on a daily basis.

How much have you invested with Everlabs?

We have spent a lot of money with them over the course of our relationship, the total amount is confidential.

We started working with them in February 2014, and the work is ongoing.

Everlabs has a proactive approach and improves all the time. They started small but are growing year to year as they add developers to their team and expand their support system (e.g. for design, QA, and deployment).

The products and tools they’re working on for us are being used by millions of people around the world. The code speaks for itself. We are a B2B2C organization; we work with companies that work with the end consumers. These companies use our products to show ads for the customers. Our customers are big app developers, device manufacturers, and other networks that integrate with us to offer products to their customers. As a company, our products are installed on a lot of devices. Some are integrated with websites, and some are integrated with apps. Others use server-to-server integrations, and it’s up to the network to convey them.

How did Everlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate via Skype, email, phone calls, and meetings. They’ve visited us before. We have an office in Ukraine, so our manager there is in touch with Oleg as well. I work with Everlabs using our task management system. We pay on an hourly basis for a monthly deck of hours.

What did you find most impressive about Everlabs?

We trust them with our trademarks and technologies, and they make every effort to accommodate our needs. When we had to push them a little further with our requests, they adapted and worked the extra time willingly, achieving a good result. We can trust them. We don’t usually work with outsourcing companies for set hours per month. With Everlabs, we don’t have any problem with this setup because we trust their quality of work and the billing process.

Are there any areas Everlabs could improve?

As they introduce more capabilities and more technologies, they could expand to iOS or Android projects. We can definitely allocate more work if they expand their team.

Overall Score We’ve worked with them for many years already.
    They’re available almost 24/7. If I contact them at 11 p.m., Oleg will accommodate my needs. He might not have someone in the office, but I am able to contact him. He’s always aware of the status of each project.
    We’re one of their first big customers. I can’t complain.
    When they deliver something, it’s tested properly.
    I recommend them all the time.