Compelling content. Clear results.

Eucalypt Media is a small, agile digital marketing agency specializing in content marketing and PR for funded startups and enterprise companies. We collaborate closely with internal teams on content strategy, execution and promotion, including placement on external publications.

Our small team and network of specialists offers a personalized and flexible approach to content marketing, and we focus on high-quality, journalistic written content, with a team of writers who've contributed to publications including Inc, Entrepreneur, and Wall Street Journal.

We typically work on a retainer-based contract for a minimum period of 3 months, though occasionally we'll also take on individual project-based work. Learn more about us and our team at our website.

2007
Scarborough, ME
  • Eucalypt
    PO Box 6773
    Scarborough, ME 04070

DoubleDutch, Inkling, Intel, LinkedIn, Yeti, Bizo, Husson University, The Atlantic, SpareFoot, Provider Power, Instore, Intuit, Phunware, Cray, ThingLogix, Boston Consulting Group, Objectivity, Clari, Adaptive Insights, NewsCred, Cyence, Iterable, Zendesk, IDG, Tivix, Mailgun, Cadence, Guidewire

Content Creation for Software Consultancy

"They’re top-notch for content marketing."

Eucalypt creates digital content to boost overall marketing strategy. The team distinguishes content themes and writes for eBooks, blogs, and case studies on a quarterly basis.

Head of Mktg., Software Dev. Consultancy

The content is generating new leads while the blogs are driving traffic and ranking on Google’s first page. Eucalypt provides responsive and thoughtful service. Open communication has fostered a close and effective partnership.

I'm the head of marketing at a software development consultancy. We serve venture-backed startups, large corporations, and various nonprofit agencies. I oversee marketing strategy, budgets, customer acquisition strategy, and brand awareness programs.

For what projects/services did your company hire Eucalypt?

We wanted to outsource content creation–eBooks, blogs, case studies–to an external agency.

To maximize sales revenue, we wanted to accelerate our content marketing strategy by increasing output with a partner firm.

We did an online search and narrowed down our selection to three potential agencies. Eucalypt stood out because they had transparent pricing and their team understood our market niche.

Eucalypt started with a deep dive into our company’s vertical and competition, as well as how topics trended. We then did a kickoff call to discuss content ideas. They distilled those conversations into content themes–based on our buyer personas–for the upcoming quarter. Next, the team created an editorial calendar and has executed work on a quarterly basis.

We work directly with the company principals.

The content is successfully generating qualified leads. Blog pieces rank on Google’s first page and continue to drive qualified traffic to our site.

Eucalypt builds out detailed roadmaps to keep us informed about deliveries. We use email, monthly calls, and project management software to keep the partnership effective.

Their overall responsiveness and communication are fantastic. I've worked with a lot of agencies, but Eucalypt stands out. They process requests thoughtfully and prioritize follow through on our concerns. Eucalypt feels more like an additional team member than an external agency.

They’re top-notch for content marketing. It’s nitpicking, but they could have more technical reporting and insights for SEO thought processes.

That's never an issue because they communicate delays promptly.
    The content is consistently well-researched and well-written.

Copywriting & SEO for Product Marketing Pages

"The project doubled or tripled traffic to the new pages and, in turn, increased trial sign-ups."

Sept. 2017 - Nov. 2018

As one of three outsourced vendors, Eucalypt provided SEO-centric copywriting for new product webpages.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Micah Fisher-Kirshner
Former Senior SEO Manager, Zendesk

Traffic to the new pages and user acquisition skyrocketed after this project was complete—due, in part, to Eucalypt's expertise and ability to adjust effectively to stringent company parameters.

I was the senior SEO manager at Zendesk, a customer service software company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Eucalypt?

We hired them to help write new product marketing pages as we had limited bandwidth to write so many pages within a short time period.

We wanted to write 100–300 pages, have many of them rank well on search engines, and encourage trial sign-ups.

Eucalypt was recommended to me by a co-worker. After reviewing some writing samples, we chose them, as well as two other companies, to help us write the product marketing pages.

Their work was focused on copywriting for product marketing pages and geared toward boosting search rankings. I gave them guidelines, feedback, and tools for their work to make sure they adhered to both brand and SEO standards.

I believe one or two people were involved on this project.

They were able to successfully complete the project within the time period required. The project doubled or tripled traffic to the new pages and, in turn, increased trial sign-ups. As a whole, it was a huge success.

I trained them on specific software to enhance workflow, so it was an effective process. We also collaborated via email.

The quality of the writing and the ease with which they worked within our company's guidelines and with our tools was extremely high—so high, in fact, that they are a team I would recommend working with again in the future.

I can't think of any at this time.

There were no scheduling issues.
    They weren't inexpensive, but they made up for it in quality and efficiency.

Content Marketing for Growth Marketing Platform

"It was easy to mold them into an asset for us; it was as if they were part of our internal team."

Jun. - Dec. 2017

Eucalypt offered content marketing services. They created blog posts, executed market research, and wrote guides, studies, and white papers.

Alyssa Jarrett
Senior Content Marketing Manager, Iterable

They are organized, flexible, and transparent. They are easy to work with and fit in with the existing work dynamic. They are receptive to feedback, and they were pleasant and communicative throughout the collaboration.

I’m the senior content marketing manager for Iterable, the growth marking platform that powers "omnichannel relevance" - at scale. I’m responsible for all marketing related content for our blog, our social platforms, and our resources such as our white papers, ebooks, and other long-form content.

What challenge were you trying to address with Eucalypt?

When I started at Iterable there were only about 30 employees. We've grown rapidly in the first year, but we only had a small team for marketing. I needed assistance managing content for our editorial calendar, doing market research for long-form projects, and repurposing already available content.

For this particular project over the course of six months, they helped us with our overall content marketing needs. This typically involved creating blog posts and doing market research for our vertical industry guides. They did research for our guides on entertainment and recruiting, and worked on several customer case studies.

They’re a boutique firm, so I primarily worked with Kathryn [Founder and Managing Director, Eucalypt] and one of their employees. They were my two primary points of contact, and then my employees worked with them on separate pieces as well.

How did you come to work with Eucalypt?

I've known Kathryn for several years, and I’ve worked with her in a variety of different companies and positions. Our CMO was interested in scaling some of our content marketing efforts, and she asked me for recommendations on agencies. I recommended Eucalypt because of my previous work experiences with them.

We started working together June 2017 and finished working together December 2017. We had signed a six-month contract on a monthly retainer, so we could receive 60 hours of work per month.

I hired them before hiring people internally, which allowed me to scale up my efforts. They produced gated and ungated content for us, and they produced our white paper on how to gamify the e-commerce experience. We received hundreds of downloads of that white paper that they created since it was published in July 2017.

How did Eucalypt perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very structured in the way they work with content marketers. They have technology and platforms that allowed my editorial calendar and their calendar to sync up appropriately. It was easy to understand what their deliverables were, when they were going to be produced, and how to track and monitor their work. They were transparent about the hours it took to produce a certain piece. For example, even though we had a six-month contract, I was working with them after our last month because we had rollover hours. At certain points, I could have had a more refined content strategy, so I would be able to prioritize them effectively.

They're very flexible in working with the client and always put the client first. I enjoyed working with Kathryn in particular. She's a pleasant, positive person, and I would recommend her because of the energy and attitude she brings to a project. They have a great sense of voice and can easily fit into an existing workflow. They manage projects and deliver content in a timely manner. Whether it's creating new content or repurposing existing content, they make sure to produce big results. Our work experience makes me inclined to work with them in the future.

I've worked with individual freelancers for content marketing, but I appreciate their ability to understand a company's particular tone, voice, and messaging. They've been extremely professional and take feedback well. It was easy to mold them into an asset for us; it was as if they were part of our internal team.

One of their strengths is top of funnel content such as blog posts, thought leadership pieces, or listicles. They’re better at creating nonproduct related content that gets people interested and clicking, and they’re better equipped for handling thought leadership content. They could use improvement in handling customer case studies or content relying heavily on product messaging.

It’s better to provide as much information as you can at the frontend. They appreciate clients that do the legwork by providing messaging documentation, brand guidelines, and information. If you have a sense of what your company stands for and how your company should sound externally, then they're going to be able to create better content on your behalf.

Overall Score Not only do they provide excellent service and maintain a high level of professionalism, but Kathryn is a great person to interact with.
    They're adequately priced for the industry. It definitely helps to make sure they can rollover hours and are transparent on their deliverables.

Content Marketing for Software Business

"They are bright, hardworking, and reasonably-priced for startups like us."

Apr. 2013 - Ongoing

Eucalypt regularly writes blog content and has produced a few e-books for a software company that wanted to more effectively engage their small and medium-sized business clients.

1–10 Employees

CEO, SaaS Business

Eucalypt captures the right tone of the business, resulting in consistently positive responses to the blog posts. The client is particularly impressed by Eucalypt's ability to come up with new and creative ideas for content development, even after having worked so long together.

Instore is a SaaS [software-as-a-service] business helping small retail businesses succeed. We are based in San Francisco and sell a point-of-sale solution that uses iPad tablets and a cloud backend.

I am Instore's CEO, responsible for marketing among other duties.

What challenge were you trying to address with Eucalypt?

Selling software to SMBs [small and mid-sized businesses] is challenging, particularly when done by phone. To be successful, we need to build trust with small retail business owners so they are open to discussing our product in a consultative way.

Writing regular blog articles with tips for SMB success is a way to build trust without coming across as too salesy. We have been working with Eucalypt to accomplish this goal for almost 4 years. Based on our sales and marketing objectives, they come up with article ideas and write most of our blog content three times a month. I edit the content before it’s published. They've also produced a few e-books designed to drive web traffic for Instore. They are bright, hardworking, and reasonably-priced for startups like us.

How did you come to work with Eucalypt?

Eucalypt responded to a job we posted online.

We started working with them in April 2013, and the work is ongoing.

As our tenure with them suggests, we've been happy with Eucalypt's work. We use the blog posts as a way to engage with sales agents. We’ve received nothing but positive feedback about the blogs. They generally maintain a consistent voice in their writing, being insightful without getting too technical and always coming across as the small business champion.

How did Eucalypt perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate through a project management system and they are very responsive. We talk once a quarter on the phone as well. We are a small company and I wear a lot of hats, so it’s helpful to have someone managing this part of the business.

What did you find most impressive about Eucalypt?

What I’ve been most happy about is that over the course of four years, they’ve found a way to continue to add newness to our content. They’ve also been good at bringing new ideas like e-books, etc.

Are there any areas Eucalypt could improve?

They’re an outsourced marketing company for a company like ours. The more they can come to the table with ideas and recommendations from their experience, the more helpful they can be.

Content Development for Event App Company

"The biggest thing is that Eucalypt Media truly feels like a strategic partner for us."

Eucalpyt Media produced a large amount of scaleable marketing content from an intial whitepaper to ebooks and collaterall. The goal of this content was to establish an overall marketing theme to span future marketing materials.

Justin Gonzalez
Marketing Manager, Double Dutch

Eucalypt created outstanding content within deadline and, with their small-team culture, functions more as an extension of the team than a contractor. Given their great work, plans are in place to expand the partnership.

Double Dutch creates mobile applications for events, conferences and trade shows with a backend analytic dashboard that helps event marketers measure and demonstrate the performance of their events, and impact the success of their event.

I’m the Senior Marketing Manager. I head up our content marketing strategy and social media.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Eucalypt Media?

The number one reason for engaging Eucalypt is around content creation for the purpose of lead generation, lead nurturing and customer acquisition. The primary purpose we were trying to solve was the ability to create content and scale it.

The initial project was to produce an industry through a leadership white paper. It’s about 44 pages long. From that white paper, we’re also working with them to create several eBooks and infographics that will span the breadth of our marketing collateral and materials for the next 6 - 12 months. The primary idea is that we wanted to work with them to establish this overarching theme that would carry through to the rest of our marketing collateral whether that’s events or content for events, content for trade publications or blogs.

How did you come to work with Eucalypt Media?

I did a lot of online research. I went to major content syndication sites like The Content Marketing Institute to get a feel for what agency services were out there. I found a number of agencies that I spoke with and evaluated. Eucalypt, interestingly enough, actually reached out to me via LinkedIn as a cold outreach email at the right place and right time. I decided to explore them as well. A lot of the agencies I was looking at felt really big. They were these monster agencies that felt more like executors rather than strategic partners. In speaking with Eucalypt, I liked that they were a small and nimble team that could work fast. They had similar customers in our space. More importantly for me, was the small team aspect and the family aspect that they have, which led to my decision to work with them.

There are other factors like price, timing and ability to execute on the deadlines that we had, but ultimately the reason I was so excited to work with them was that small team feel, and the fact that they felt like an extension of our marketing team rather than contractors or freelancers.

We have spent $50,000. We’re looking at creating a longstanding relationship with them. We are working towards an annual contract where they’re helping out with all aspects of content marketing.

We engaged Eucalypt officially at the beginning of December 2015.

One thing that is unmeasurable is Eucalypt’s ability to create content at scale. I’m a one man content marketing team so while I have support from the rest of the marketing team in producing, creating and strategizing about content, at the end of the day I’m still one person that has to write it all, edit it all and do all of that work. Eucalypt Media really helped me scale our content marketing efforts in a huge way. We just launched the white paper a couple weeks ago, so I don’t have a whole lot of measurable stats that I can share. But the ability to scale not just the production of content, but the strategy of content and the editing process and everything that comes with it was awesome.

What distinguishes Eucalypt Media from other providers?

The biggest thing is that Eucalypt Media truly feels like a strategic partner for us. They’re not only taking my feedback and implementing it, they are actually coming back and making their own suggestions and it’s their equal investment in the success of Double Dutch.

Is there anything Eucalypt Media could have improved or done differently?

In comparison to other agencies I’ve worked with in the past Eucalypt really took the time to not just turn and burn and write a piece of content, they’ve taken the time to learn our brand and product and everything about Double Dutch that they can. They’re writing is really fantastic. I have a hard time thinking of something that they can improve on. Time zone can sometimes be a challenge, given I’m in San Francisco and they’re on the East Coast but we make it work easily.

There’s always room for improvement.

Blog and Social Media Management for SaaS

"The Eucalypt team has completely exceeded my expectations with their intelligence, organization, and willingness to learn quickly from my feedback."

Eucalypt assisted in blog and social media content production in a demand generation program. The partnership is ongoing and they currently handle 100% of blog content and 80% of social media content.

San Francisco, CA
Content Marketing Lead, Content Publishing Platform

Eucalypt media has surpassed expectations; producing outstanding, engaging content that met all requirements within the alotted timeframe. They've made creating high-quality content within deadline seem easy.

The company is a growing software-as-a-service [SaaS] startup based in San Francisco that focuses on helping enterprise-level organizations create and distribute mobile-first content.

My role is content marketing lead, meaning anything and everything content-related, from blog posts to white papers, webinar, and more.

Our challenge was that we didn't have the bandwidth in-house to create the amount of blog and social media content we needed to be able to fuel our campaigns and demand generation programs.

By partnering with Eucalypt Media, we were able to fully hand over 100% of blog content production and posting, and about 80% of our social media posting as well, all within the span of a few weeks. Kathryn and her team were able to start providing value, especially with their abilities to quickly absorb our style, tone, and audiences, and producing high-quality content practically right away. I've been really impressed!

The Eucalypt team has completely exceeded my expectations with their intelligence, organization, and willingness to learn quickly from my feedback. It's no easy feat to suddenly start producing a lot of high-quality content, on-time and without mistakes, yet Eucalypt Media has done it with apparent ease. The best part of it all is that it has made my life easier, knowing that I can rely on our team at Eucalypt Media to do what they say they're going to do, and to do it well.

Graphic and Written Content for College Magazine

"It was evident that they took this project very seriously and worked hard to ensure it met our expectations."

Eucalypt Media came to the scene in the midst of a massive communications change. They provided graphic content and article writing for an annual magazine publication.

Assistant Director, College

Despite very strict standards, Eucalypt provided exceptional and timely work. They have proven themselves an integral part of the team and the communication strategy going forward.

[We are] an academic center that brings students, faculty, and staff together to make connections between work in the classroom and contemporary political, economic, social, and environmental issues. We are housed within a college in Maine, with a full-time staff of five. As assistant director, I work primarily on event coordination, communications, and operations.

The center went under new leadership in 2013, which lead to a review of the center's communications strategy. At the time, the center communicated primarily through email newsletters and rather inconsistently through social media. We needed to branch out in the way we communicated to our constituency base, which includes current students, community members and leaders, alumni, and donors.

Part of this strategy involved developing an annual magazine that would highlight the year's work and tell our story through interesting articles and photography. I had previous experience working with Eucalypt Media during my time at [another] university. They provided writing services for the university's alumni magazine. They indicated they expanded to design and project management, so I contacted them to see if this is a project they could help us with. We were able to make an arrangement where Eucalypt Media would provide design work and assistance in writing the feature article and several other components. We began work with the company in April and the project was completed in mid-September.

We have now published two editions of the annual magazine, and it has been a great success for us. Our first issue received very positive feedback, and thus we have decided to continue with this model each year. Through this initiative, we have been able to build stronger connections and build awareness about our work to new constituencies.

Eucalypt Media was truly great to work with. They were timely, efficient, and excellent communicators. They listened to our needs and provided different options for us to choose from. It was evident that they took this project very seriously and worked hard to ensure it met our expectations. [The school] has rigorous standards for communication materials, and they were able to work within the standards to produce a truly great product.

Eucalypt Media stands out above other service providers because of their experience, quick service, and attention to detail on all aspects of the project. They work hard to become an integral part of the team to ensure needs are met, which is not something you find with every service provider. I always recommend them before anyone else.

Content Marketing Strategy for Information Technology Company

"They understood exactly what we wanted to do, and helped us to achieve it."

Eucalypt created and executed a highly technical marketing strategy. This included content creation of a sophisticated, confidential nature on a well-planned editorial schedule.

1-10

Founder, Computer Software Company

Eucalypt accomplished all the goals set forth by the project despite the challenging standards of creating content without breching confidentiality.

Please give a brief description of your company. What is your role at the company?

I am the founder and director of a mobile, social, and Web applications developing company.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Eucalypt Media?

Our company was originally writing all of our published articles without any outside help, and we wanted to ensure that the articles were guided properly. Some of our projects are confidential. In those cases, we are not allowed to gain recognition for our achievements. So, we needed to find a way to publicize and convey the general topics and products that we are researching without being too specific. We needed a partner to help us create the content and develop a content marketing strategy.

Can you talk about the scope of the project?

We partnered with Eucalypt Media to develop a content marketing strategy for our company. They helped us create content, publish it, and set up an editorial calendar.

In what parts of the project was Eucalypt Media involved?

Eucalypt Media worked with us to produce highly technical content. They also helped us create an editorial calendar with specific deadlines so that we had a smooth flow of published articles and blog posts. In order to convey the highly technical nature of our work we built a custom solution with Eucalypt Media. We now have outlines for blog articles and have the Eucalypt Media writers help our staff members write them in a timely manner.

What are the results of the project, and are there any metrics that you can share?

We've been able to produce high-quality content for our blog that actually outlines the work that we do at our company. It is thoughtful and engaging for the target audiences. We accomplished exactly what we had set out to do when we partnered with Eucalypt Media.

How did Eucalypt Media perform?

They did a great job with our project. The strategy that they helped us set up allows us to gain recognition for our confidential work, which is exactly what we wanted.

They understood exactly what we wanted to do, and helped us to achieve it.

Content Marketing for Marketing Startup

"The content was strong and the process moved so seamlessly that we decided to enlist them for support in developing regular blog content."

Eucalypt media created and curated content for a marketing campaign in order to drive site traffic, egnage potential clients, and generate leads.

Greater New York City Area
VP of Marketing, Marketing Technology Startup

Although the project is only recently completed, results so far are good. Site traffic has incresed and Eucalypt has provided an effective cost-per download rate.

We are a marketing technology startup based in New York City. I am the VP of marketing, heading up all aspects of marketing for a small marketing team.

As a small, early stage company, we needed to build relationships with customers and generate leads quickly and cost effectively. We were already aggressively curating content and developing original content in-house. We wanted to invest in cost-per-download programs, which meant we needed to create more in-depth content [like] white papers, and generate more frequent original blog posts. Our goal was to increase traffic to the site, generate more leads, and convert more leads to customers.

We found Eucalypt Media through an online search. After evaluating and testing a few other content agencies and freelancers, we decided to engage Eucalypt Media to help us with a white paper. The content was strong and the process moved so seamlessly that we decided to enlist them for support in developing regular blog content.

Eucalypt has been attentive, effective, and timely in delivery. While it's a bit early to say that our blog content has driven more results [because] it's a newer project, the cost-per-download campaigns generated a good base of leads that we are now nurturing. I've been very pleased with the professional experience.

Blog and Content Creation for Provider Power

"They took the time to get to know us. Eucalypt Media brought us the New England small business values that we were looking for."

Eucalypt provided website and blog content across multiple subsidiary brand names in a targeted marketing campagin. All content had to be topical, branded, as well as geographically relevant.

New England, US
Director of Media Strategy,Provider Power

Eucalypt performed extensive research in order to provide a truly catered content solution that served as a differentiator. Given their outstanding work, the partnership is ongoing.

We offer an alternative to traditional power service through companies in Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m the director of media strategy and content. My responsibilities include media buying and negotiations, public relations, and blog and website content development and editing.

What was your goal for working with Eucalypt Media?

Our primary goal was to do a better job of highlighting the things that make us different from other power companies operating in New England. As a New England company, we compete at a local level, a level that national and regional companies can’t match. Even though our customers and partners knew this, we didn’t have a good way to share that knowledge other than traditional press releases.

So, as part of our strategic marketing plan, we put together a website, which we use to address issues we believe are important to our consumers about what we do. We also wanted to highlight other companies and nonprofits that do business in the areas that we serve.

Eucalypt Media helps us present community and regional issues related to energy, energy costs, and conservation.

They are very good at knowing when something is hot in the media and whether the issue should be addressed through content. Beyond that, we have a list of types of stories we want them to cover. Since we have three different brands in three different states under three different names, our content needs to be geographically relevant.

What was your process for selecting Eucalypt Media with which to work?

We put together an RFP [request for proposal], which we distributed regionally. We also contacted several big national firms as well as smaller niche companies, agencies and individuals who we thought would be a good fit for us. Eucalypt Media stood out by far as the most compelling provider very early in the process.

Eucalypt Media provides us with somewhere between seven and twelve pieces of content a month. At a minimum, we need a certain amount of new content that we post every week about our three companies.

What is the schedule of your work with Eucalypt Media?

The work is ongoing and is completed each month.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

Our metrics have to do with return visitors to the site as well as the number of people who subscribe or choose to receive content in the future. We use companies like Marketo to help us collect that data. So far we have been very pleased with the information we have been getting back.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

Yes. One important aspect of working with Eucalypt is that they are very close to us here in Maine. They’re always available for face-to-face conversations as well as phone calls. In addition, Eucalypt Media took a long time to review the history of our company. They had thoughts on what we could do better even outside the scope of what we had laid out. Because they have a local perspective, they brought ideas to the table about things that they saw as relevant to consumers in the area that we serve.

One of the other strengths of Eucalypt Media is that their team of writers can often weave in a regional perspective in a story that is primarily about only one of the three states we serve.

Is there anything unique about Eucalypt Media that really makes them stand out, compared to other online marketing companies?

They took the time to get to know us. What we got from the larger agencies in Chicago and New York were basically stock responses, which did not address what we were asking for. Eucalypt, however, took the time to read our comprehensive media and our strategic marketing plans. They didn’t try to oversell us on anything we didn’t put in the RFP while a lot of the other people who responded to us did. Eucalypt Media brought us the New England small business values that we were looking for.

No. Everything has been very positive. Eucalypt Media is really interested in content marketing, doesn’t try to sell us other products, provides great content based on our needs, shares our New England values and has established a personal relationship with us. Eucalypt has far exceeded our expectations and hopes up to this point.