Compelling content. Clear results.

Eucalypt LLC is a small, agile digital marketing agency specializing in content marketing and PR for funded startups and enterprise companies. We collaborate closely with internal teams on content strategy, execution and promotion, including placement on external publications. Our small team of 5 offers a personalized and flexible approach to content marketing -- with rare exceptions (only when a specialist is needed), all work is performed by our in-house team.

We typically work on a retainer-based contract for a minimum period of 3 months, though occasionally we'll also take on individual project-based work. Learn more about us and our team at our website.

2007
Scarborough, ME
headquaters
  • Eucalypt LLC
    PO Box 6773
    Scarborough, ME 04070

DoubleDutch, Inkling, Intel, LinkedIn, Yeti, Bizo, Husson University, The Atlantic, SpareFoot, Provider Power, Instore, Intuit, Phunware, Cray, ThingLogix, Boston Consulting Group, Objectivity, Clari, Adaptive Insights, NewsCred, Cyence

Content Marketing for Software Business

"They are bright, hardworking, and reasonably-priced for startups like us."

Apr. 2013 - Ongoing

Eucalypt regularly writes blog content and has produced a few e-books for a software company that wanted to more effectively engage their small and medium-sized business clients.

1–10 Employees

CEO, SaaS Business

Eucalypt captures the right tone of the business, resulting in consistently positive responses to the blog posts. The client is particularly impressed by Eucalypt's ability to come up with new and creative ideas for content development, even after having worked so long together.

Instore is a SaaS [software-as-a-service] business helping small retail businesses succeed. We are based in San Francisco and sell a point-of-sale solution that uses iPad tablets and a cloud backend.

I am Instore's CEO, responsible for marketing among other duties.

What challenge were you trying to address with Eucalypt?

Selling software to SMBs [small and mid-sized businesses] is challenging, particularly when done by phone. To be successful, we need to build trust with small retail business owners so they are open to discussing our product in a consultative way.

Writing regular blog articles with tips for SMB success is a way to build trust without coming across as too salesy. We have been working with Eucalypt to accomplish this goal for almost 4 years. Based on our sales and marketing objectives, they come up with article ideas and write most of our blog content three times a month. I edit the content before it’s published. They've also produced a few e-books designed to drive web traffic for Instore. They are bright, hardworking, and reasonably-priced for startups like us.

How did you come to work with Eucalypt?

Eucalypt responded to a job we posted online.

We started working with them in April 2013, and the work is ongoing.

As our tenure with them suggests, we've been happy with Eucalypt's work. We use the blog posts as a way to engage with sales agents. We’ve received nothing but positive feedback about the blogs. They generally maintain a consistent voice in their writing, being insightful without getting too technical and always coming across as the small business champion.

How did Eucalypt perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate through a project management system and they are very responsive. We talk once a quarter on the phone as well. We are a small company and I wear a lot of hats, so it’s helpful to have someone managing this part of the business.

What did you find most impressive about Eucalypt?

What I’ve been most happy about is that over the course of four years, they’ve found a way to continue to add newness to our content. They’ve also been good at bringing new ideas like e-books, etc.

Are there any areas Eucalypt could improve?

They’re an outsourced marketing company for a company like ours. The more they can come to the table with ideas and recommendations from their experience, the more helpful they can be.

Content Development for Event App Company

"The biggest thing is that Eucalypt Media truly feels like a strategic partner for us. They’re not only taking my feedback and implementing it, they are actually coming back and making their own suggestions..."

The client is Double Dutch, an event app provider located in San Francisco. The client was in need of a partner that could help to scale the production of their content while also providing content strategy guidance. After evaluation of multiple content marketing agencies, this client decided to partner with Eucalypt Media due to their small team feel and culture.

San Francisco, CA
Marketing Manager, Double Dutch

The client is extremely satisfied with their partnership with Eucalypt Media. The client highly recommends Eucalypt Media for their ability to work as a true strategic partner, and their ability to fully understand a client's brand.

Double Dutch creates mobile applications for events, conferences and trade shows with a back end analytic dashboard that helps event marketers measure and demonstrate the performance of their events, and impact the success of their event.

I’m the Senior Marketing Manager. I head up our content marketing strategy and social media.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Eucalypt Media?

The number one reason for engaging Eucalypt is around content creation for the purpose of lead generation, lead nurturing and customer acquisition. The primary purpose we were trying to solve was the ability to create content and at scale it.

The initial project was to produce an industry through a leadership white paper. It’s about 44 pages long. From that white paper, we’re also working with them to create several eBooks and infographics that will span the breadth of our marketing collateral and materials for the next 6 - 12 months. The primary idea is that we wanted to work with them to establish this overarching theme that would carry through to the rest of our marketing collateral whether that’s events or content for events, content for trade publications or blogs.

How did you come to work with Eucalypt Media?

I did a lot of online research. I went to major content syndication sites like The Content Marketing Institute to get a feel for what agency services were out there. I found a number of agencies that I spoke with and evaluated. Eucalypt, interestingly enough, actually reached out to me via LinkedIn as a cold outreach email at the right place and right time. I decided to explore them as well. A lot of the agencies I was looking at felt really big. They were these monster agencies that felt more like executors rather than strategic partners. In speaking with Eucalypt, I liked that they were a small and nimble team that could work fast. They had similar customers in our space. More importantly for me, was the small team aspect and the family aspect that they have, which led to my decision to work with them.

There are other factors like price, timing and ability to execute on the deadlines that we had, but ultimately the reason I was so excited to work with them was that small team feel, and the fact that they felt like an extension of our marketing team rather than contractors or freelancers.

We have spent $50,000. We’re looking at creating a longstanding relationship with them. We are working towards an annual contract where they’re helping out with all aspects of content marketing.

We engaged Eucalypt officially at the beginning of December 2015.

One thing that is unmeasurable is Eucalypt’s ability to create content at scale. I’m a one man content marketing team so while I have support from the rest of the marketing team in producing, creating and strategizing about content, at the end of the day I’m still one person that has to write it all, edit it all and do all of that work. Eucalypt Media really helped me scale our content marketing efforts in a huge way. We just launched the white paper a couple weeks ago, so I don’t have a whole lot of measurable stats that I can share. But the ability to scale not just the production of content, but the strategy of content and the editing process and everything that comes with it was awesome.

What distinguishes Eucalypt Media from other providers?

The biggest thing is that Eucalypt Media truly feels like a strategic partner for us. They’re not only taking my feedback and implementing it, they are actually coming back and making their own suggestions and it’s their equal investment in the success of Double Dutch.

Is there anything Eucalypt Media could have improved or done differently?

In comparison to other agencies I’ve worked with in the past Eucalypt really took the time to not just turn and burn and write a piece of content, they’ve taken the time to learn our brand and product and everything about Double Dutch that they can. They’re writing is really fantastic. I have a hard time thinking of something that they can improve on. Time zone can sometimes be a challenge, given I’m in San Francisco and they’re on the East Coast but we make it work easily.

There’s always room for improvement.

Blog and Social Media Management for SaaS

"The Eucalypt team has completely exceeded my expectations with their intelligence, organization, and willingness to learn quickly from my feedback."

The client is a content publishing platform that offers software as a service. This client was facing internal bandwidth constraints and needed a partner to assist in the creation of content for their blog and social media streams. This client now partners with Eucalypt Media and has successfully handed over 100% of their blog content creation and 80% of their social media content publishing.

San Francisco, CA
Content Marketing Lead, Content Publishing Platform

The client is extremely satisfied with Eucalypt Media and feels they have exceeded their expectations. This client highly recommends Eucalypt Media for their ability to quickly produce high-quality content under tight deadlines.

The company is a growing software-as-a-service [SaaS] startup based in San Francisco that focuses on helping enterprise-level organizations create and distribute mobile-first content.

My role is content marketing lead, meaning anything and everything content-related, from blog posts to white papers, webinar, and more.

Our challenge was that we didn't have the bandwidth in-house to create the amount of blog and social media content we needed to be able to fuel our campaigns and demand generation programs.

By partnering with Eucalypt Media, we were able to fully hand over 100% of blog content production and posting, and about 80% of our social media posting as well, all within the span of a few weeks. Kathryn and her team were able to start providing value, especially with their abilities to quickly absorb our style, tone, and audiences, and producing high-quality content practically right away. I've been really impressed!

The Eucalypt team has completely exceeded my expectations with their intelligence, organization, and willingness to learn quickly from my feedback. It's no easy feat to suddenly start producing a lot of high-quality content, on-time and without mistakes, yet Eucalypt Media has done it with apparent ease. The best part of it all is that it has made my life easier, knowing that I can rely on our team at Eucalypt Media to do what they say they're going to do, and to do it well.

Graphic and Written Content for College Magazine

"[Eucalypt Media was] timely, efficient, and excellent communicators. It was evident that they took this project very seriously and worked hard to ensure it met our expectations."

The client is a college in Maine. This client was in the process of redefining their communication strategy. This client partnered with Eucalypt Media in the midst of the changing communication strategy to provide graphic content and the creation of a featured article for an annual magazine publication.

Assistant Director, College

The client is extremely satisfied with their partnership with Eucalypt Media. This client highlights Eucalypt Media's quick turnaround time and attention to detail as large reasons for recommendation.

[We are] an academic center that brings students, faculty, and staff together to make connections between work in the classroom and contemporary political, economic, social, and environmental issues. We are housed within a college in Maine, with a full-time staff of five. As assistant director, I work primarily on event coordination, communications, and operations.

The center went under new leadership in 2013, which lead to a review of the center's communications strategy. At the time, the center communicated primarily through email newsletters and rather inconsistently through social media. We needed to branch out in the way we communicated to our constituency base, which includes current students, community members and leaders, alumni, and donors.

Part of this strategy involved developing an annual magazine that would highlight the year's work and tell our story through interesting articles and photography. I had previous experience working with Eucalypt Media during my time at [another] university. They provided writing services for the university's alumni magazine. They indicated they expanded to design and project management, so I contacted them to see if this is a project they could help us with. We were able to make an arrangement where Eucalypt Media would provide design work and assistance in writing the feature article and several other components. We began work with the company in April and the project was completed in mid-September.

We have now published two editions of the annual magazine, and it has been a great success for us. Our first issue received very positive feedback, and thus we have decided to continue with this model each year. Through this initiative, we have been able to build stronger connections and build awareness about our work to new constituencies.

Eucalypt Media was truly great to work with. They were timely, efficient, and excellent communicators. They listened to our needs and provided different options for us to choose from. It was evident that they took this project very seriously and worked hard to ensure it met our expectations. [The school] has rigorous standards for communication materials, and they were able to work within the standards to produce a truly great product.

Eucalypt Media stands out above other service providers because of their experience, quick service, and attention to detail on all aspects of the project. They work hard to become an integral part of the team to ensure needs are met, which is not something you find with every service provider. I always recommend them before anyone else.

Content Marketing Strategy for Information Technology Company

"The strategy that they helped us set up allows us to gain recognition for our confidential work, which is exactly what we wanted. They understood exactly what we wanted to do, and helped us to achieve it."

The client is an information technology company that specializes in creating mobile, social, and Web applications. They were in need of a content marketing strategy. They partnered with Eucalypt Media to create content marketing materials and set up editorial calendar for the content created.

1-10

Founder, Computer Software Company

The client is extremely satisfied with their partnership with Eucalypt Media. They highly recommend Eucalypt Media for their ability to create incredibly technical articles and for their aptitude in understanding the client's original concepts.

Please give a brief description of your company. What is your role at the company?

I am the founder and director of a mobile, social, and Web applications developing company.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Eucalypt Media?

Our company was originally writing all of our published articles without any outside help, and we wanted to ensure that the articles were guided properly. Some of our projects are confidential. In those cases, we are not allowed to gain recognition for our achievements. So, we needed to find a way to publicize and convey the general topics and products that we are researching without being too specific. We needed a partner to help us create the content and develop a content marketing strategy.

Can you talk about the scope of the project?

We partnered with Eucalypt Media to develop a content marketing strategy for our company. They helped us create content, publish it, and set up an editorial calendar.

In what parts of the project was Eucalypt Media involved?

Eucalypt Media worked with us to produce highly technical content. They also helped us create an editorial calendar with specific deadlines so that we had a smooth flow of published articles and blog posts. In order to convey the highly technical nature of our work we built a custom solution with Eucalypt Media. We now have outlines for blog articles and have the Eucalypt Media writers help our staff members write them in a timely manner.

What are the results of the project, and are there any metrics that you can share?

We've been able to produce high-quality content for our blog that actually outlines the work that we do at our company. It is thoughtful and engaging for the target audiences. We accomplished exactly what we had set out to do when we partnered with Eucalypt Media.

How did Eucalypt Media perform?

They did a great job with our project. The strategy that they helped us set up allows us to gain recognition for our confidential work, which is exactly what we wanted.

They understood exactly what we wanted to do, and helped us to achieve it.

Content Marketing for Marketing Startup

"The content was strong and the process moved so seamlessly that we decided to enlist them for support in developing regular blog content."

Eucalypt media created and curated content for a marketing campaign in order to drive site traffic, egnage potential clients, and generate leads.

Greater New York City Area
VP of Marketing, Marketing Technology Startup

Although the project is only recently completed, results so far are good. Site traffic has incresed and Eucalypt has provided an effective cost-per download rate.

We are a marketing technology startup based in New York City. I am the VP of marketing, heading up all aspects of marketing for a small marketing team.

As a small, early stage company, we needed to build relationships with customers and generate leads quickly and cost effectively. We were already aggressively curating content and developing original content in-house. We wanted to invest in cost-per-download programs, which meant we needed to create more in-depth content [like] white papers, and generate more frequent original blog posts. Our goal was to increase traffic to the site, generate more leads, and convert more leads to customers.

We found Eucalypt Media through an online search. After evaluating and testing a few other content agencies and freelancers, we decided to engage Eucalypt Media to help us with a white paper. The content was strong and the process moved so seamlessly that we decided to enlist them for support in developing regular blog content.

Eucalypt has been attentive, effective, and timely in delivery. While it's a bit early to say that our blog content has driven more results [because] it's a newer project, the cost-per-download campaigns generated a good base of leads that we are now nurturing. I've been very pleased with the professional experience.

Blog and Content Creation for Provider Power

"They took the time to get to know us. Eucalypt Media brought us the New England small business values that we were looking for."

The client is a competitive electric provider in New England. The client was in need of a marketing strategy that included website and blog content creation across multiple subsidiary brand names. Eucalypt Media has been able to surpass this client's expectations and continues to work as their content partner.

New England, US
Director of Media Strategy,Provider Power

The client is very satisfied with their partnership with Eucalypt Media. This client recommends Eucalypt Media for their ability to understand a client's business fully in order to give a truly catered content solution.

We offer an alternative to traditional power service through companies in Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m the director of media strategy and content. My responsibilities include media buying and negotiations, public relations, and blog and website content development and editing.

What was your goal for working with Eucalypt Media?

Our primary goal was to do a better job of highlighting the things that make us different from other power companies operating in New England. As a New England company, we compete at a local level, a level that national and regional companies can’t match. Even though our customers and partners knew this, we didn’t have a good way to share that knowledge other than traditional press releases.

So, as part of our strategic marketing plan, we put together a website, which we use to address issues we believe are important to our consumers about what we do. We also wanted to highlight other companies and nonprofits that do business in the areas that we serve.

Eucalypt Media helps us present community and regional issues related to energy, energy costs, and conservation.

They are very good at knowing when something is hot in the media and whether the issue should be addressed through content. Beyond that, we have a list of types of stories we want them to cover. Since we have three different brands in three different states under three different names, our content needs to be geographically relevant.

What was your process for selecting Eucalypt Media with which to work?

We put together an RFP [request for proposal], which we distributed regionally. We also contacted several big national firms as well as smaller niche companies, agencies and individuals who we thought would be a good fit for us. Eucalypt Media stood out by far as the most compelling provider very early in the process.

Eucalypt Media provides us with somewhere between seven and twelve pieces of content a month. At a minimum, we need a certain amount of new content that we post every week about our three companies.

What is the schedule of your work with Eucalypt Media?

The work is ongoing and is completed each month.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

Our metrics have to do with return visitors to the site as well as the number of people who subscribe or choose to receive content in the future. We use companies like Marketo to help us collect that data. So far we have been very pleased with the information we have been getting back.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

Yes. One important aspect of working with Eucalypt is that they are very close to us here in Maine. They’re always available for face-to-face conversations as well as phone calls. In addition, Eucalypt Media took a long time to review the history of our company. They had thoughts on what we could do better even outside the scope of what we had laid out. Because they have a local perspective, they brought ideas to the table about things that they saw as relevant to consumers in the area that we serve.

One of the other strengths of Eucalypt Media is that their team of writers can often weave in a regional perspective in a story that is primarily about only one of the three states we serve.

Is there anything unique about Eucalypt Media that really makes them stand out, compared to other online marketing companies?

They took the time to get to know us. What we got from the larger agencies in Chicago and New York were basically stock responses, which did not address what we were asking for. Eucalypt, however, took the time to read our comprehensive media and our strategic marketing plans. They didn’t try to oversell us on anything we didn’t put in the RFP while a lot of the other people who responded to us did. Eucalypt Media brought us the New England small business values that we were looking for.

No. Everything has been very positive. Eucalypt Media is really interested in content marketing, doesn’t try to sell us other products, provides great content based on our needs, shares our New England values and has established a personal relationship with us. Eucalypt has far exceeded our expectations and hopes up to this point.

Content Creation for Technology Consulting Company

"I think they’ve performed really well. They’ve met all of our expectations to date, and I think they’ve gone above and beyond in a few areas."

The client is ThingLogix a technology consulting company located in San Francisco, Calif. As a startup, this client needed assistance developing their initial website content and case studies. Eucalypt Media successfully delivered detailed case studies and has extended their partnership with this client to include other content and social media marketing best practices.

San Francisco Bay Area
CEO, ThingLogix

ThingLogix is very satisfied with their partnership with Eucalypt Media. This client highlighted Eucalypt's ability to come up to speed quickly as one reason for satisfaction. This client highly recommends Eucalypt Media.

Please describe your company.

The company is ThingLogix. We are an Internet services and solutions company. We provide technology and consulting services to customers looking to accelerate their IT [information technology] adoption within their enterprise.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the CEO and one of the founders.

What was your goal for working with Eucalypt Media?

One of the challenges that we have as a startup, is devoting resources and focus to our marketing efforts. Eucalypt was brought in initially to help us develop customer case studies for our partner companies. We partner with Salesforce.com, Service Max, and a couple of others, and they were looking for customer proof-points of our approach and our technology services. We had Eucalypt interview some of our customers and pull together those customer case studies.

As we started working with them, we realized that they could provide more, so we’ve actually contracted with them now to develop a content marketing plan, and to execute that. They’re helping us develop content that we’re pushing out on our website and through social media. They’re helping tweak and tune our messaging and our approach to the market. They’re sort of like our outsourced marketing department right now.

What was your process for selecting Eucalypt Media with which to work?

They came recommended from one of my previous coworkers. We did a couple brief interviews with them and decided we would start small and give them a trial run. We started with the case studies and a small content marketing engagement.

They produce a blog post a week, and as part of that there’s an interview process where we go through and prioritize our list of content topics that we want to tackle. We work with them, to give them the information they need. They do the blog post as well as social media pushes, tweets, postings, and things like that for us on a weekly basis. Right now, I suspect they’re overdelivering on what we expected because their responsiveness has been pretty incredible. I would suspect they’re putting in probably eight or so hours a week on it.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

I think they’ve performed really well. We’ve been operating in our partner channels without doing much marketing, so this was the first time we’ve tried to go outside those channels. They’ve met all of our expectations to date, and I think they’ve gone above and beyond in a few areas. They’ve suggested good topics to us and really brought some thinking and content to the party that we probably didn’t think to provide. They came up to speed really quickly. We certainly didn’t burn any hours getting them up to speed.

In previous work, I’ve always used an internal marketing and media department, so this is the first time that we’ve gone external for services. I like having Eucalypt they can provide a bunch of different services, like the PR [public relations] aspect they offer us. They can quickly tee up guest blog posts. What we have them do could be a full-time person’s job, and they still wouldn’t be able to cover all the different areas that we want to hit right now.

The hardest thing for us is that they’re not located here. The ability to sit down with them face to face, and show them stuff, is difficult. If I had something that I would suggest they work on, it’s that initial face-time, as they on board for an account. That I believe will help them build a stronger relationship and understand their client a little faster. They’ve done a fine job of it, but I think if we were a more complex business and had a more focused objective, it would have been harder to operate with them as a partner.

Overall Score We’re still figuring out how to make the process tighter.
    They haven’t missed any deadlines.
    We’re still kind of churning through the details of whether the posts they’re producing have enough detail...I think the quality is good and reliable. The thing I like about them is they’re quick to turn around any feedback that we give them.
    I’ve done it a few times already.

Content Development for Data Analysis Division

"Working with Eucalypt Media, you definitely feel like you’re getting that personal touch"

The client was a big data division of a larger computer hardware company. The division was in charge of producing content for three industry verticals. The client brought on Eucalypt Media to partner with their team to provide focused and technical content across these verticals.

501 -1000 Employees
Product Marketing Manager, Computer Hardware Company

This client was very satisfied with the work provided by Eucalypt Media. The client highly recommends Eucalypt Media for their ability as an outsider to integrate quickly within a client's team and produce highly technical and engaging content.

Please describe your company.

I was working for the big data division of a larger analytic and computing company.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I was the product marketing manager, and my role was to facilitate all third-party content.

What was your goal for working with Eucalypt Media?

At the time, we were still a startup division within the company, and we needed to produce lots of collateral for a variety of different industry verticals.

Eucalypt Media helped us develop solutions for topics related to government and intelligence, life sciences and health care, and financial services. Within my company, those were our three main verticals. Eucalypt Media facilitated a lot of the internal interviews with our domain experts to get the information they needed to produce those briefs and technical papers.

What was your process for selecting Eucalypt Media with which to work?

My director of marketing had evaluated several freelance organizations and writers at the time. We simply had too much that we wanted to achieve for our internal marketing department to produce. We reached out to several people and decided that Eucalypt Media was the best choice for us at the time.

I don’t have the exact information, but I do know that they were putting in quite a lot of work each week. I was the sole writer in my division. In terms of my division, Eucalypt Media took on most of the preliminary work that needed to be done to produce these projects.

Is the engagement still ongoing, or was there a specific end data?

Once we set up the partnership with Eucalypt Media, our intent was to continue using them on an ongoing basis. We didn’t necessarily have an end date in mind. My division has since been rolled into the larger holding company so my division no longer has specific branding associated with it. That ended the relationship, but it had nothing to do with Eucalypt Media’s performance.

I’ve always said that Eucalypt Media has the ability to work with a variety of companies on a very wide range of projects. Although they work mainly on technical writing, and partner collateral, and solution briefs, and that sort of thing, I know they do social media writing, and they have a very diverse group of clients. What I appreciated the most was that working in a very high-tech, supercomputing space where the concepts are very difficult to understand as an outsider, they were able to be the bridge and develop material that was pertinent, and in depth, and achieving the level of standard that we need to sell to our customers.

Working with Eucalypt Media, you definitely feel like you’re getting that personal touch. I don’t really have a criticism, but rather a suggestion to work towards expanding and get that validation from the market so they can reach a larger number of clients in the future.