Web Design & Search Optimization

Founded in 1999, ePageCity designs and develops websites for small businesses and non-profit organizations. We are online architects who build innovative solutions for a diverse set of satisfied clients. Optimized to convert visitors into customers, our websites translate our clients’ business missions into the digital medium by use of intuitive design, digital marketing, and rock-solid web applications.

1999
Chicago, IL
  • ePageCity
    4541 N Ravenswood, #201
    Chicago, IL 60640

GNP Realty Group Website Redesign

GNp Realty Group prides themselves on their ability to create long lasting client relationships in addition to offering the essential tools of property management to each customer. ePageCity designers carried these characteristics into their homepage design by preparing four call-to-action buttons that allow visitors clear-cut access to each of the core services. Helpful industry links and a homepage slide show give GNP the flexibility to display current properties while keeping clients up to date on industry rules and regulations.

Lycée Français de Chicago Website Redesign

Our developers took a mobile usability focused approach to redesigning the website for one of Chicago's premier private schools, the Lycee Francais de Chicago.  Students, teachers, and parents alike can find everything at their fingertips with well organized, and easy to navigate calendars, blogs, and content.

Rural American Fund Web Design

Custom built databases and a mobile-friendly design were the primary focus when designing this website for agriculture business private equity fund, Rural American Fund.  Custom investment fund portfolios allow the visitor to filter by fund and status, while the detail view showcases the investment's history and provides a prominent button for accessing its website.  A simplistic navigation allows the visitor to access needed information effortlessly on both desktop and mobile devices.

Friedman Properties Website Redesign

Our professional website designers gave Friedman Properties an inviting site that speaks to various audiences at an affordable price. As one of Chicago’s leading real estate companies, Friedman Properties needed a custom website to reflect their professional reputation while enabling visitors to find available office space easily. The new design makes visitors feel comfortable and confident in Friedman Properties’ ability to deliver any real estate service. Clean navigation provides quick access to a myriad of leases available in the Chicagoland area. Implementation of our content management system enables Friedman Properties to manage the entire site in-house without extra expense of outsourcing website updates.

ICF Source Web Design

ePageCity presented ICF Group’s furniture by placing high-resolution images on a crisp, white layout. Site visitors can browse through furniture images and specs using two different site features; they can select “View Our Entire Collection” from the homepage to view furniture by price and designer, or they can visit the “Products” section to browse by category. When site visitors click on an individual furniture image, they access product specs and additional images of the piece.ePageCity built the site to be responsive to accommodate the rising trend of mobile usage. ePageCity also included social media functions—Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Plus—on the homepage. The result is an eloquent, furniture-focused website that’s easy to access, navigate, and share.

McCaffery Interests Website Redesign

McCaffery Interests is an award-winning Chicago-based real estate developer that targets investment in urban real estate. The company develops or redevelops mixed-use residential, commercial and institutional projects across the United States.  McCaffery Interests contacted ePageCity to design and develop a site that could re-purpose their content, create a dedicated area in the site for their portfolio, news and awards, and give a clean, professional online brochure of the firm. In response, ePageCity has built a unique, engaging site that displays McCaffery’s commitment to creative real estate solutions. The site exhibits McCaffery’s award-winning projects with vivid imagery and custom sliders. Tailor-made databases for the company’s projects, awards and press coverage allow McCaffery to easily update and add new content. Additionally, ePageCity integrated responsive design which provides a better user experience to all users irrespective the device they use. As a result, the...

Chicago Scholars Website Redesign

A stunning collaboration of sophistication and professionalism, the Chicago Scholars website is an easy to navigate resource that provides the ability to promote their foundation through informative videos, newsletter subscriptions, donations, recent news and events, and a variety of editable photo galleries. Our team made sure to supply the perfect mobile-friendly, search-friendly platform for this non-profit organization to continue to help under-resourced students become future leaders.

Smithereen Pest Management Website Redesign

Smithereen Pest Management needed to update their website’s design to reflect a “green” commitment to taking care of the environment through safe product usage. A major goal of the future website was to educate their customers on the benefits and effectiveness of green pest management programs through an easy to navigate mobile-friendly interface.  This website features strong calls to action throughout.

Rennology Motor Sport Website Redesign

ePageCity developers created a custom, mobile-responsive website for Chicagoland area automotive repair business, Rennology Motor Sport.  The European sports cars Rennology services were the inspiration for this sleek and functional design which features social media feeds, videos, and a blog.

Interior Construction Group Website Redesign

As one of Chicago’s leading general contractors, Interior Construction Group (ICG) needed a custom website to uphold their notable reputation and boost their impressive portfolio. This clean and professional website allows the viewer to focus on a wide array of vivid project photos.  This project also allows Interior Construction Group's clients to view their ongoing projects within a custom built private access portal not visible to the public.

Apostolic Church of God Website Redesign

The Apostolic Church of God's website is the essence of how a fully customized design should function. The homepage features live streaming video, editable rotating image areas and tabbed social media feeds visitors can click on to view ACOG’s blog, Twitter, or Facebook updates. Visitors are also directed to take a virtual tour of the church and get involved, whether it’s through a donation or participation in an upcoming event. User interaction and community engagement was a primary focus when redesigning this website.

WordPress Web Redesign for Legal Consultant

“They were really polite, and if I made a mistake, they were helpful and great about explaining what had happened.”

May - June 2015

ePageCity redesigned a WordPress website to increase it's ease of use and modification. After meeting in-person to define the scope, they migrated content onto the new site and explained its functionalities.

Lisa Lilly
Owner, Lisa M. Lilly Law

The new site is easy to update. ePageCity was highly responsive to concerns, and used a flexible engagement style to tailor their involvement to project loads and requirements. They were patient in dealing with delays outside of their control, and were relaxed with their pricing model.

I’m the sole member of my own law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with ePageCity?

I had initially gotten my website through another provider, but it was quite expensive, and most of my leads were coming in through referrals anyway, so that site was mostly for customers to see what I had done, and to learn about my experience. I wanted someone to redo the site at a more reasonable rate, but still have it look solid and be findable. I also wanted it to be easier to work with, so I could go in and update it myself.

They sent someone out, to meet with me in-person, and explain what they could do. Initially, I was looking for something less than what they ended up producing, but after talking with them, I was very happy to go along. They migrated all the content from my previous site over to WordPress, and walked me through everything, from transferring my email over, to actually building the site, to how to update it myself, if I needed to.

I had primary point of contact, which was helpful, but I also talked with about three other people. There may also have been one or two people working on the backend, who I didn’t interact with.

How did you come to work with ePageCity?

The firm that a friend of mine works at had used ePageCity to build their site, and I liked it so much, and was so impressed with their knowledge, helpfulness, and their non-technical way of explaining things, that I didn’t end up shopping around too much.

I spent around $7,500 dollars with them, between the website and then hosting and email.

We worked together from May 2015 until March 2018. The website redesign only took four to six weeks, in total.

It’s so much easier for me to go in and update the site now. They also helped me with my writing business as well. After this experience, I realized how easy it was to use WordPress to update a site, so I added a few pages and significantly revised another site of mine. I didn’t have to call up the developer or have them do it for me at all.

How did ePageCity perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated over email and phone, but our first visit was in-person. They would get back to me, right away, if I had any questions, and they wouldn’t charge me extra if I made mistake with something. We were in touch about once a week, during the actual redesign process, and then it was more like two or three times a year, after we finished that. They’d also send me periodic updates and advice about how best to use the site.

There’s so much, but first, is the customer service. They would get back to me immediately if I contacted them about anything, even about this one email I received, which said it was from my email provider, but turned out to be a phishing scheme. They were really polite, and even if I made a mistake, they were helpful and great about explaining what had happened. I was really impressed by their knowledge and background. They also went along when I was scaling down my practice, and needed fewer bells and whistles. I’ve worked with a lot of different vendors, and they were the best.

Contact them before you go somewhere else, and spend more than you have to, or get more aggravated than you have to. Get a proposal from them and a take on what they can do.

They met or exceeded all the deadlines.
    For my needs, they were more valuable than the previous firm I used.
    They were basically helping me stop using their service, and they were just as helpful as they’d been when there was still a prospect of continued business.

Website Redesign & SEO for Dental Office

"Their work speaks for itself, and they employ people who care about your business."

June 2014 - Ongoing

ePageCity redesigned and launched a WordPress website. They are currently managing custom, locally targeted SEO and PPC campaigns.

Marketing Coordinator, Westend Dental

The campaign makes a huge amount of impressions and ranks highly for all targeted keywords, which has increased foot traffic and form submissions. ePageCity's proactive suggestions expand the campaign in productive ways, and their enthusiastic support keeps everyone one the same page.

What challenge were you trying to address with ePageCity?

We wanted to increase our new patient growth and redesign our outdated website.

Our initial tasks were to redesign the website and set up an SEO campaign. The website update needed to be more conducive and harmonize with the appearance of our practice.

We had an initial face-to-face meeting with them. They walked me through the web design process and explained SEO and PPC. From there, we communicated via phone and email to determine the site’s content and appearance. They needed additional files from us, such as logos.

After that, they built the basic framework for the WordPress site, sent it to us, and asked us to look it over and decide whether we wanted to move forward or implement any changes. After our approval, they pushed the site live.

Once the site was live, we discussed steps to make sure our site ranked well in our area. We have since redesigned our site with another agency, but we are still working with them on SEO. Our SEO campaign is an ongoing conversation with no finish date.

We targeted our zip code and Lincoln Park, our neighborhood in Chicago, as well as phrases like “emergency dentists” and “whitening.” Since “Chicago” is such a broad keyword, we don’t try to target it. As a dental practice, we battle other offices in our proximity.

I strictly worked with Diana (Digital Marketing Manager, ePageCity), and she is fantastic.

How did you come to work with ePageCity?

My predecessor had met one of their employees at a networking event, and discovered that they could build the new site. It was a natural connection.

We have invested around $75,000.

We began working with them in June of 2014 and the work is ongoing.

We rank highly for the relevant terms and keywords that we have attacked. We are ranked generally high for Lincoln Park, which is mostly due to their great work. We have definitely attracted more patients through internet sources and website traffic. Our impression numbers are massive, but they aren’t always the best indicators of patients. We receive a lot of form submissions, which must be due in part to the work they have done for us.

How did ePageCity perform from a project management standpoint?

It has been excellent and extremely professional. They make it easy to work with them. We have a review phone call once a month, and set up meetings to talk about additional items. Diana sends me up-to-date reports and responds to emails within a day.

We have long conversations; she always takes my suggestions and offers her own. She was extremely helpful during the transition from the old site that they had built to the new site that another agency built.

If we were starting a major project, or if they wanted to pitch something big to our office, they would set up a face-to-face meeting with the doctors. We haven’t had one of those in a while.

Their work speaks for itself, and they employ people who care about your business. It’s not just one company paying another company to work for them. I can tell from our conversations that Diana legitimately wants our website and SEO campaign to succeed.

Not necessarily. Our budget constrains their ability to perform for us. If we gave them more money, they might be able to increase our exposure. I can’t say that their work or communication needs any improvement.

Definitely look into ePageCity. They are very sociable people who understand Chicago businesses and break down their instructions so you’re not lost in the jargon. I would highly recommend them. Anyone would benefit from choosing them.

Overall Score I love working with them. They have helped us out and taken us to a place of success.
    They can’t always meet every deadline, but they do their best to keep to the schedule that they set.
    We receive everything we pay for.
    They have delivered everything they said they would in a timely and professional manner.
    I am happy to recommend them. This isn’t the first time I have gone to bat for them, and it won’t be the last if they ask me to.

Website Redesign & SEO for Coatings Applicator Company

"The effectiveness of their SEO services has been impressive."

2013 - Ongoing

ePage City designed, developed, and launched multiple websites, one of which contained a complex live counter function. They currently manage an SEO campaign.

Jackie Mals
Sales & Marketing Administrator, Orion Industries

ePage City has improved the company's reputation with a polished, mobile-friendly website. The SEO campaign has notably boosted the site's Google rankings. The agency's adaptive management style, creative ideas, and responsive communication have been crucial to its success.

I am the sales and marketing administrator at Orion Industries, a coatings applicator. We apply coatings to industrial and medical products.

What challenge were you trying to address with ePageCity?

We first used them to redesign our three websites. A year after that, we used their SEO services to improve our Google rankings. We were happy with their website design and maintenance services, which is why we used them again. This was my first time working with an agency, but we had a relationship with them before I started working here five years ago.

They held brainstorming sessions with me and my team to discuss our goals for the website. They provided a lot of design options and organized a streamlined plan of action for choosing a layout, adding content to the page, and launching it. They guided us through the process of building a new website from scratch.

Six months ago, we asked them if they could put a counter on our website that represented how many pieces we process each day. They created one exactly as we wanted it to look.

They circulate press releases for us sometimes, which ultimately assists the SEO efforts, and they built user interface websites so that I can make changes to our websites. Those sites are very user-friendly.

While working on SEO, I speak with our project manager Diana (Digital Marketing Manager, ePageCity) once a month. We review the SEO campaign each month. I love working with her. I also worked with Jessica (Account Manager, ePageCity), Kate (Production Specialist, ePageCity) and Erin (Content Marketing Specialist, ePageCity) when we were redesigning the websites.

For the website, our project manager was Erin. I communicated with Erin a couple of times a month until the websites were done.

How did you come to work with ePageCity?

They’re local to Chicago, so they came by and did a presentation. They were a relatively small company, so we knew we’d get individual attention. Also, their price was right.

We spent $25,000—$50,000 for SEO and $10,000—$15,000 per website.

The website project was five years ago, and we started doing SEO with them three years ago.

We were happy with the websites. They were outdated before, but they made the sites look modern while keeping in mind that the decision-makers at our company are more old-fashioned. They blended the vision of our older company owners with a more up-to-date style.

They also made our website mobile-friendly for SEO. Since they started working on our keywords, optimizing our content, getting our links out there, our ranking has significantly improved.

How did ePageCity perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very flexible and creative, and we didn’t have any communication issues. I’ve always been happy with them.

The effectiveness of their SEO services has been impressive. We’ve worked with other SEO companies in the past, but we’ve had the most success with ePageCity.

Do it. They’re really nice.

Overall Score It’s a combination of good services and friendly staff.
    They have a small team, so sometimes the turnaround times are long.
    They are somewhat overpriced, but we trust them and stick with their prices.
    They’ve risen to each challenge we provided.
    Now that I’ve had experience with them, I don’t know anyone I would recommend more.

Web Redesign & Marketing for Pest Management Control

"The attention to detail in the many design and site concepts with which they provided us was very impressive."

2009 - Ongoing

ePageCity redesigned an old company website to make it more user-friendly and fix its secure payment services. They also created and implemented a monthly blog to drive traffic to the site.

Scott Seifert
Director of Sales and Marketing, Smithereen Pest Management

ePageCity’s development and SEO optimization work has successfully resulted in an increase of views, as well as making sure the site stays active. Their solution for a frequently requested site feature has helped the client serve their customers’ needs.

We are a full-service pest control company that operates in seven states, and I am the sales and marketing director.

What challenge were you trying to address with ePageCity?

We initially hired ePageCity eight years ago to revamp our website, and we have returned to them twice since then to do additional full-scale changes. The goal was to make the site more user-friendly.

Over a period of five months, they created, developed, and implemented an entirely new concept for our website based off of the basic concept with which we provided them. One of the new features they spearheaded was a pest control blog, for which they created the content and optimized our SEO performance. Now they write content and develop local landing pages for us on a monthly basis and continue to help enhance our ranking organically.

How did you come to work with ePageCity?

Although this was before my tenure at the company, I do know that they were among five development shops that auditioned for the contract. They developed and presented a new concept for the website, and our management selected them based on that work.

Over $50,000.

We began working with them in January 2009, and the partnership is ongoing.

A key aspect of their redesign was fixing the part of the site that allowed customers to be able to securely pay their bills. They were able to provide that solution for us, and now approximately between 50 to 60 percent more customers pay using our site. The overall click-through rate has also seen a significant increase.

How did ePageCity perform from a project management standpoint?

Once a month, our team meets with Diana Lopez [Digital Marketing Manager, ePageCity] to review any task’s current progress. During the initial development work, their team was always available if we had questions on design layouts or different concepts. They were quick to set up a call and go over any concerns. Our communication primarily consisted of e-mail and conference calls.

The attention to detail in the many design and site concepts with which they provided us was very impressive. Ultimately, they delivered work on time, under budget, and of a high quality. The whole process was seamless.

Sit down with them and listen to their ideas.

We came in under budget.
    I have already recommended them to two other companies.

Web Dev & Design for Religious Institution

"Anytime we put out bids for web projects, ePageCity always comes out on top because of their transparent pricing."

May - Sept. 2017

ePageCity redesigned a website they’d previously created. They worked collaboratively during the design process, offering detailed wireframes for feedback, and built the new site on a Drupal platform.

Kenilworth, Illinois
Jeff Wiszowaty
Operations Manager, Church of the Holy Comforter

Their detailed, à la carte pricing structure ensures transparency and the new website has proven easy to navigate. Their professional, friendly staff make it easy to collaborate, providing honest feedback, and they were patient enough to work around a scheduling delay.

I’m the operations manager at an episcopal church in Kenilworth, Illinois.

What challenge were you trying to address with ePageCity?

We wanted to build a new website to appeal to both current parishioners and individuals seeking to join a parish.

They provided all of the design work, presenting color scheme and wireframe options for us to choose from. They also retooled a logo from our previous website in order to provide a semblance of continuity.

We provided feedback on layout, deciding on labels for the navigation button and where those buttons would lead. Once the plans were finalized, they built the site on a Drupal platform.

They also offered content suggestions, though we produced most of the content in-house since we already had a reliable team of providers.

Alex [Young] is the owner, and there were at least four team members working below him.

How did you come to work with ePageCity?

They created our old website and offer a compelling, à la carte pricing structure that lets you know exactly what you’re paying for.

Slightly over $30,000.

We started the project in earnest in May 2017 and finished in September 2017. We started discussions sooner, but there was a delay because of differing development opinions.

While the project is formally complete, they're still available for contact if we have any questions. They also reach out occasionally with suggested improvements, and it’s nice to have that professional input on a continuous basis.

We wanted to ensure that any visitor to our site could find what they were searching for within three clicks, and we’ve accomplished that goal. Whether our users need contact numbers or information about our services, our site is now easy to navigate. I’ve received nothing but positive feedback.

How did ePageCity perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated primarily via email, and they were crucial in both planning and development. Forty percent of the project was us laying out our requirements, while sixty percent was them offering effective solutions. They were receptive to any changes we requested and gave pushback if they had a more effective idea in mind.

They're very professional and employ a friendly staff that’s able to accomplish any goals you set without hidden costs. I can't imagine working any other way.

I can’t think of any suggestions. Despite our planning differences early on, they showed a lot of patience and never pushed us more than necessary.

They're great people to work with and provide a work order with detailed, fair cost options. Anytime we put out bids for web projects, ePageCity always comes out on top because of their transparent pricing.

They met every deadline and helped keep our end on schedule.
    Their detailed pricing structure ensures great value.
    I'd recommend them.

Web Redesign for Fire Safety Nonprofit

“This is the first time I’d ever been through a project like this… they made it very easy."

Oct. 2016 - Jan. 2017

ePageCity redesigned the existing website for a non-profit. They added new information and programs, and modernized the UI through improved visuals and navigation.

Mount Prospect, Illinois
Philip Zaleski
Executive Director, Illinois Fire Safety Alliance

Users are complimentary of the new layout. ePageCity was communicative and upfront throughout the project, and made CMS interaction easy. They listened to feedback, and accommodated special budget timelines.

I’m the executive director of the Illinois Fire Safety Alliance, a non-profit organization that provides fire safety and burn prevention training throughout the state, as well as support programs for individuals affected by burn injuries.

What challenge were you trying to address with ePageCity?

We wanted to provide more information and highlight new programs and activities through our existing website, which was dated and no longer met our needs. It was time for an upgrade and visual improvement.

I provided them with some examples of sites that would match our needs. They created mockups based on those suggestions, filling in our content. We discussed our thoughts and ideas, including specific layouts and several design changes, throughout the process. They made sure I was comfortable with the finished product.

We had a three-person team working with us, led by a project manager. We used an online portal to review drafts and provide feedback. We had phone conversations, but most of the project was done through the portal.

How did you come to work with ePageCity?

There was already a relationship in place with them when I came on in 2014. They built the original website, and acted as our webhost, so we reached out to them for a quote.

We spent around $12,000.

We started the redesign project in October or November 2016, and launched the changes in January 2017.

Since the January launch, we’ve had zero complaints. The instruction they provided made changing and editing content simple, and we’ve had no issues. If we ever had any, we could reach out to them for help.

The new layout is vibrant. New visitors and people returning to the site are pleased with the new look, and impressed with the ease of navigation. We’ve received a lot of compliments on it.

How did ePageCity perform from a project management standpoint?

This is the first time I’d ever been through a project like this; their team was fantastic. They each had specific duties and responsibilities, and made it very easy to communicate. They did the work upfront, showed us the results and got our feedback. Nothing was ever time consuming on our side.

They made the process painless. I was new to this, but they explained their method in a way that was easy to understand. They took my feedback and suggestions into consideration, and delivered exactly what we were looking for in a finished product. They also accommodated our budget, delaying invoices so we could apply the payments to our fiscal year 2017 budget.

If you have a model or example to help explain your idea, show it to them upfront. They’re able and willing to take that initial feedback and create a site that matches your vision.

Overall Score Their team was very helpful, friendly, and finished the work on time.
    The work was done on time, and let us know whenever they needed us to participate and move the project along.
    This felt a little expensive for a redesign project, but they added new elements that justify the cost.
    They were very detailed, and were attentive to our needs.

Website Development and Design for Nonprofit

“They listened to my vision and were able to bring that in the development of our website.”

Mar. - July 2017

ePageCity built a WordPress website from scratch. The team integrated several links and uploads, including a newsletter, a blog, and a payment method for receiving donations.

Evanston, Illinois
Kristin James
Executive Director, Greater Illinois Pediatric Palliative Care Coalition

The new website is user-friendly and easy to update with increased visibility. ePageCity was accessible throughout the project and captured appealing images that accurately translated the client’s mission. They were patient, engaged, and responsive, and clearly articulated critical decision points.

GIPPCC is a non-for-profit that works to advocate for the needs of children with chronic, complex, and life-limiting illness. We are a statewide coalition that advocates for quality care and bereavement support for families and the teams that care for them. I’m the executive director of the organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with ePageCity?

We needed a complete website rebuild.

They built our website from scratch. I believe it’s a WordPress site and we wanted it to be user-friendly and easy to update. We had quite a few links we needed and other uploads connected to the website. We also wanted to link our newsletter, a blog, and we also receive donations and payments for educational events through the site.

I had a main point of contact, but I had contact with four different people at different times walking us through some of the decisions and content. I don’t know what individuals were helping on the backend. I don’t have a lot of technical knowledge, but the team held my hand through the whole process.

How did you come to work with ePageCity?

It was a personal referral. The owner and his team were very accessible so it was an easy decision to work with them.

We have spent between $8,000 and $9,000.

We started working together in March and ended in June.

Our organization is much more visible now.  Given the difficulty of the work we do, we really needed a site that was family friendly. They did a great job of capturing images that were appealing and yet spoke to the mission of our work. It also has made our educational events so much easier. We’ve been able to facilitate registrations and payment directly through the website.  Our distribution list as probably doubled since the new website went live.

How did ePageCity perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. They were really good at explaining the critical decisions that I needed to make. They involved me where I needed to be involved, but took action on the details that wouldn’t impact me. They were very patient with me, as we had a lot of information to upload. I found them to be patient as we worked to develop the content and the images. We communicated through Zoom conferencing and emails. I always appreciated the live video conferencing because I’m a face to face person. It was nice to be able to have more personal contact with them as we went through the development of the website.

They have good customer service and have been really responsive. They really had to train and teach myself and my team and were so patient with us and continued to be responsive as we’ve had other challenges in learning the website. They continue to be really accessible. They also listened to my vision and seemed to be able to bring that in the development of our website.

Make sure the interactive nature of your website interfaces with social media. It’s important to have current information.

Web Design For Construction Company

"ePageCity designed a unified website that we love and remain very excited about."

Oct. 2016 - Apr. 2017

ePageCity modernized a website they’d built 10 years earlier. They streamlined a portfolio section to highlight past work and incorporated a limited-access portal to coordinate existing projects.

Meghan Anderson
Marketing Coordinator, Interior Construction Group

They designed a unified website that provides clean messaging of past accomplishments and new features make it easier to communicate with clients. They offer diligent project management skills, stellar customer service, and their quality is well worth above-average costs.

I'm the marketing and social media coordinator for Interior Construction Group, Inc., a general contractor in the Chicago area.

What challenge were you trying to address with ePageCity?

We wanted to update our 10-year-old website, improving overall design.

We provided initial ideas while ePageCity was responsible for implementation, supplying sketches and wireframes. While much of the content from our previous site remained relevant, they helped streamline our messaging.

Our number one priority was our online portfolio. ePageCity was able to give this section a crisp, clean look. The gallery allows clients and potential clients to view our previous projects and gain a better understanding of our abilities.

They also built a limited-access portal that lets clients view photos and documents related to their project and check scheduling updates.

We worked directly with a project manager and a content specialist. They served as liaisons between us and their entire company.

How did you come to work with ePageCity?

They were the natural choice since they designed our original website, but they also stood out among the other vendors we considered for the update. We had an in-person interview with ePageCity’s president and found him very personable and helpful.

We began the redesign in October 2016 and the project spanned seven months. They could have completed the job sooner, but we were very exacting clients and wanted to make sure every aspect was perfect.

I don’t have exact metrics, but the limited-access portal has made it easy to communicate with our clients.

How did ePageCity perform from a project management standpoint?

Our project manager provided regular updates and made sure we met every deadline. We used direct screen sharing to go over project details on a weekly basis.

If I had any questions, the project manager was always available through email and quick to respond.

Even though the project is finished, they continue to make any changes we request, free of cost. They're also very responsive. Overall, their customer service is absolutely wonderful.

Nothing comes to mind. We had a great experience and I highly recommend them.

Doing our own research beforehand helped. We had a concept in mind when the project began, which helped us get started faster.

They met deadlines and planned meetings around our schedule.
    They may be more expensive, but they're worth the investment.
    Our website is beautiful. We're very happy with their quality of work.

Web Redesign For Tradeshow Security Provider

"I would contact them without hesitation if we ever decide to expand our digital presence."

2015 - 2016

ePageCity designed a website and email system to improve contact with clients. They incorporated web forms allowing detailed service specifications and an online payment function.

Edward Rake
Managing Director, The Armageddon Group

The website now generates a steady stream of inquiries and the online payment option has received rave client feedback. Their personable approach makes it easy to navigate the world of digital design, and their high-quality makes them worth above-average costs.

Introduce your busin­­­ess and what you do there.

I’m the managing director for The Armageddon Group, a Chicago-based trade show security provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with ePageCity?

We wanted to modernize our company by building a website to establish our digital presence. While I initially toyed with the idea of creating a site myself through a web development platform, I quickly realized that we needed professional help.

We outlined the project together and then they assigned a team. They provided a wide variety of frameworks to choose from, including custom-build options, and asked for our input on design and mechanics. They offered to produce content, but we decided to provide that ourselves.

While we originally intended to build a very basic site to give clients a way of contacting us, we decided to include features that would set us apart from competitors. ePageCity integrated a form and payment function that allows clients to specify the services required and pay online. These payments are processed through a secure third-party.

They also created a targeted email system to replace our simple AOL address.

We had initial contact with Alex [Young, Chief Strategist, ePageCity], and he put together a team that included Erin [Horan, Production Manager, ePageCity] and Kate Petronsky [Content Specialist, ePageCity.] Jessica Gorst [Account Manager, ePageCity] handled our email and billing functionalities.

How did you come to work with ePageCity?

We searched for web developers based on a few recommendations and narrowed it down to three. While the other two companies seemed capable and actually offered lower rates, we were impressed by ePageCity’s dedication and professionalism. Alex was willing to meet at our office, and he asked detailed questions about our needs without pushing a hard sell. We felt comfortable working with them.

We spent between $8,000 on the website, plus we pay a monthly fee for the email service.

We started working together in the fall of 2015 and the website launched at the end of 2016. It could have been accomplished much sooner, but there were delays and conflicting priorities on our end.

We now steadily receive three or four contact submissions directly from the website each week, which is exactly what we hoped to accomplish. Our clients also report that they love the new system, especially the online payment function.

How did ePageCity perform from a project management standpoint?

They were professional, knowledgeable, and responsive. If I contacted them through phone or email, I received an almost instantaneous response. Their project manager also worked to keep the project moving, gently but persistently pushing us whenever there were lags on our end. We needed this nudge sometimes, and I truly appreciated it.

We’re a small company with no IT department, so we were thankful that ePageCity was able to guide us through unfamiliar terrain. They also provided detailed instructions so that we can make any minor modifications to the site in-house.

Kate follows up every so often with new marketing and functionality possibilities we could explore, and we may do so in the future. I would contact them without hesitation if we ever decide to expand our digital presence.

No. I'm a very critical person and honest when I answer surveys because I think it's important for growth, but I honestly can't think of any areas for improvement.

They were incredibly responsive and never missed a deadline.
    They're well worth the money.
    We got the website we wanted and I was happy with the project.

Web Redesign for Park District

“They are the nicest people—really sweet and easy to work with.”

n/a

2016 - 2017

ePageCity helped a park district rebuild their website, paying special attention to colors and content organization. They focused on responsive design, ease of use, and payment integration.

Gurnee, Illinois
Manager, Grandwood Park Park District

Visitors appreciated the new site's easily navigable structure and clean designs. ePageCity's professionalism and friendliness made them an exceptional long-term partner. They also impressed with their solid project organization and highly dependable communication.

I’m the district manager of Grandwood Park Park District, which offers recreational activities and events to the local community.

What challenge were you trying to address with ePageCity?

We wanted to reach out to our community online and let them know about our services, programs, and events. Since our original website was created 6–7 years ago, we wanted a cleaner and more modern look. Our original website was very bright—because we’re a park district, it had a lot of green and yellow.

This was our second engagement with them. For this round, we completely redid the design of the homepage and all of the inside pages. Initially, we gave input about the color scheme and how much information we wanted on our homepage. After looking at lots of sample websites, we came up with ideas for call to action buttons. They helped us decide if we wanted buttons, columns, squares, or photos.

They made the website responsive to different screens like laptops, tablets, and cell phones. They also added upgrades and made our website more user-friendly. For example, they corrected some mistakes in the original website to make it easier for users to find what they are looking for. We also redesigned the way our programs are listed on the website and how they are paid for online. We now have an extra screen to complete whenever we create a new page, making it easier for search engines to find us. They integrated the website with authorize.net.

How did you come to work with ePageCity?

I wasn’t here during the selection process. I’m assuming because we are a government entity, we were required to get more than 1 bid if we expected to pass a certain dollar amount. I’m not exactly sure what it cost originally, but I would imagine they went out for a bid and ePageCity was ultimately chosen.

We started working together in 2016, and the project lasted until September 2017.

We do Google Analytics, but we’ve only had 1 month of information so it’s too new for comparisons. So far, we have had nothing but positive feedback. Everybody loves the new design. It is so much cleaner and easier to read since you’re not distracted looking at all the flowers and trees around the edges. I’ve also heard that it’s simpler to navigate. The homepage now has more call to action buttons that take you directly to our most popular areas like our rentals, our preschool, and the civic association.

How did ePageCity perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was very good. They always seemed to be organized and on top of everything on their end.

They kept us on task, which was not an easy thing to do since we’re a very small district. Only a few people worked on this so when something came up, the website project got pushed behind. They were always reminding us very nicely and asking how things were going.

I enjoyed their patience and professionalism. They helped us through the process and were available to answer questions. As much as possible, they helped us stay up-to-date on the technology given our platform and budget. They are the nicest people—really sweet and easy to work with.

While it would’ve been nice to have a face-to-face meeting during the design phase, I’m not sure if it would’ve made a difference. If they have a difficult concept for people to understand, a face-to-face meeting could help.

I highly recommend that you spend a lot of time going from website to website. Make a list of things that you like about them such as how to navigate as well as the look and the feel of it. I spent a lot of time doing that during the process when they recommended it to us. If I had done that ahead of time, some of the decisions would have been easier for me.

Overall Score We were extremely happy with their work.
    They always meet their deadlines, while we missed all of ours.
  • N/A Cost
    I have no idea what the original costs were for the website, so I don’t have a comparison.
    Definitely. I already have.