The Sitecore Experts

We use Sitecore to make the web a better place. Engagency is a trusted Sitecore Certified Solutions Partner that specializes in Sitecore content, commerce, and digital marketing solutions. We integrate custom applications and enterprise systems with Sitecore, to build digital experiences that are so responsive, helpful, and relevant, that buying always feels like a joy.

We call that a “MeCommerce Experience”, and our team of Sitecore architects, developers, and support engineers help bring a personal touch back to the buying process, for millions of people every day.

We provide 24x7 managed services. We train your team to get the most out of Sitecore. We specialize in working with agencies and we welcome the opportunity to work with your's. We provide all of the support, training, consulting, integration, and implementation services you need to get the greatest return on your Sitecore investment, and ensure that you're successful every step of the way.

We are Engagency and we're all about Sitecore. How may we be of service to you?

2002

• South Carolina Federal Credit Union
  • Tunica Convention & Visitors Bureau
  • Unum
  • US Xpress
  • Vail Resorts (Iconic Weddings)

Sitecore Dev for Healthcare Marketing Firm

"From a project management standpoint, [they] over delivered."

2015 - 2016

Engagency was hired by a separate supplier to develop a bespoke Sitecore website that replaced a local hospital's older, more obsolete one.

Richmond, Virginia
Partner

Other suppliers sometimes force their clients to accept tradeoffs between quality and project management, but Engagency stands out because they excel at both.

We are a healthcare branding and marketing firm working with hospitals and health systems, helping them create patient-centered brand approaches. I am one of three partners in the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Engagency?

We had been engaged to work on the website of a hospital in Connecticut. I've been on site with the client in the months leading up to the website launch. She couldn't go down the hallway without getting stopped by someone within the hospital, asking when the next version of the website would be up. The last one was very bad and out of date. It was a project which we knew would be significant and that would require expert development. Our firm manages web design, strategy, and content, but we partner with other groups on the development side. That's where Engagency came in.

Engagency built our client's Sitecore page. For every step of the way, we developed a master strategy on how we wanted the site to perform, what type of user experience it should have, what the brand standard was, and what tools needed to be integrated. Engagency locked arms with us and helped our group achieve that vision. There were some interesting moving parts on the site. We wanted to help the client be as on-edge as possible, in terms of patient experience, so the physician directory needed to be very engaging. It had to make it easy for patients to find the right fit. Engagency did a great job of helping us with some very advanced user interface tactics and search capabilities. The client also needed to have an easy, engaging way for people to register for events. We've worked together on a sophisticated calendar tool.I don't know how many developers were assigned to our project. We worked with one or two points of contact from Engagency.

How did you come to work with Engagency?

Our particular client is a member of a larger network of hospitals across the country that use Sitecore as their exclusive platform. We knew that we needed to work with not only an excellent development firm but with a shop which knew Sitecore in and out. This is why we chose Engagency. We did our own research, looking at reviews, possibly ones on clutch.co. We had a couple of conversations with developers which had the potential for a good fit.

How much have you invested with Engagency?

The total cost of our web project with Engagency was under $100,000.

We've had a 9-month engagement with Engagency. The site was launched earlier in 2016.

We were able to help the client become one of the first hospitals in their large network to launch on a new Sitecore CMS. It was important for us to get things right the first time, but we didn't have any examples to go with. The site was really cutting-edge. In terms of incidental feedback, our client has received high compliments from the internal audience of physicians and clinical professionals. The site is now leveraged in order to help with patient care and education.

We're actively tracking all conversions from the website, whether they be calendar events or physician searches. There is also a product called My Virtual Care integrated into the website. All elements have had a good response so far.

How did Engagency perform from a project management standpoint?

Our team had an on-site kick-off with theirs, much of it revolving around big feature planning and getting to know one another. Everything else was done remotely. I think that Engagency's team used Basecamp, mainly.

What did you find most impressive about Engagency?

Oftentimes, when working with developers, we've had to trade quality of development for service, good project management, and communication, and vice versa. I felt like Engagency provided the best of these areas. Our development team was constantly pleased with what Engagency was producing. From a project management standpoint, Engagency over delivered. We think a lot of Engagency and I'd really like to get another project together.

Are there any areas Engagency could improve?

None.

Platform Audit for Wireless Provider

"I was surprised with the fact that [they were] able to do this type of analysis at such a quick pace."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Engagency performed a comprehensive audit of a separately built Sitecore website and delivered a report outlining discovered issues/areas for platform improvement.

Baltimore, Maryland
Director, Core Enterprise & Ecommerce

Adaptability with the project terms was one aspect that came as a pleasant surprise, especially given how new the business relationship was.

We are a wholesale distributor in the wireless communications space. Our company has an annual revenue of 150 million dollars. We deal with everything from building out cell towers for subcarriers like Verizon and AT&T, to distributing mobile device accessories like speakers, headsets, and cases. Companies contact us for wireless networking services for hotels, arenas, stadiums, government entities, and so on. I am the director of applications development for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Engagency?

We started a process for vetting what was going on in our Sitecore environment. We purchased the platform a couple of years ago because of a push from our marketing department. The marketing department brought in a consultant for the task, but we needed another group to provide a fair and honest assessment of our system. We basically needed an expert audit.

Engagency was brought in to perform a health check on our Sitecore environment, give us a scorecard for issues and concerns, and take those findings to an action plan. We were not only looking for application and code vetting but also had Engagency do a technical database and application architecture review. We also had significant discussions about managed services as well as leveraging support from them. This hasn't been enacted yet. We have worked directly with only two consultants from Engagency's team, but there may have been more people in the backend. One of them was in charge of building and delivering the report.

How did you come to work with Engagency?

We were very keen on what the deliverable for this vetting agency would look like, and Engagency offered the cleanest results at the most reasonable prices. We felt that the format and content of the examples provided by Engagency blew the competition away.

We started working with Engagency in May 2016. The project was supposed to take 2 weeks, but we've had some connection issues so it was completed in 1 month instead. We received good results in the end. The price was never changed, even though Engagency worked additional hours in order to build our document. We plan to use Engagency for an additional assessment.

From a technical standpoint, we've appreciated the results of Engagency's evaluation. The explanation was sufficiently in-depth to allow planning for our system's migration from one company to another. Now that we have technical ownership of the platform, we can put a plan in action for it. We appreciated how the grading assessment was done; it had the form of a letter grade, which was easy to understand. Engagency highlighted high, medium, and low-risk areas, making suggestions on what we should address. We couldn't approach these issues right now, but the information will be used over the next couple of months.

How did Engagency perform from a project management standpoint?

Our collaboration with Engagency was more informal, which we've appreciated. Project management tools would be useful for bigger projects, but we didn't want to have a 6–8-week collaboration with a lot of weight on top. Engagency proposed having a 2-week run and possibly reworking the document based on our satisfaction. Engagency matched what we could withstand in order to deliver a quality product.

What did you find most impressive about Engagency?

I was surprised with the fact that Engagency was able to do this type of analysis at such a fast pace. I was also impressed with the personal touch from our contact. Engagency never pressured us into a deal and adapted the bid to our needs. This helped us decide to take the project further with Engagency, now that the situation has changed. Engagency was also good at listening to our challenges and offered to help with the interview process for certain resources we needed. Our experience with them has led me to believe that Engagency has many good relationships with other customers.

Are there any areas Engagency could improve?

I don't have enough experience yet in order to give an answer.

Timing could be improved. There weren't any communication gaps, but the project wasn't wrapped up as soon as it could have been due to issues on both sides.

Sitecore Management for Municipal Tourism Department

"ENGAGENCY is very open with communication, always letting me know what's going on, and the speed of [their] work is great."

The client is a municipal department of Tunica, Mississippi, responsible for marketing the city as a tourist destination. Limited knowledge of their recently licensed Sitecore content management system required that the client find a qualified partner able to resolve several site defects, implement multiple custom features, and provide instructional training.

Greater Memphis Area
Lisa Konupka
Social Media Manager at Tunica Convention and Visitors Bureau

The client conveyed great satisfaction with ENGAGENCY and their support services. According to the client, ENGAGENCY has become instrumental to all daily activities concerning site's performance and business operation. ENGAGENCY received much praise for their enthusiastic and proactive approach as well as their extensive knowledge of Sitecore itself. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with ENGAGENCY and recommends them highly.

We are the Tunica Convention and Visitors Bureau. We market the destination of Tunica as a whole.

What is your position and responsibilities?

I am the social media manager, and I handle all website activity.

What business challenge were you trying to address with ENGAGENCY?

We had hired a firm previously that sold us on this platform [Sitecore] when we redid our website, about 18 weeks ago. With that previous company, we found out that they did not know how to use Sitecore and were learning along with us on how to use it, which in turn was costing us more money. We needed someone that was more knowledgeable with the platform and could help us improve our site in an efficient manner. There was a local company here that suggested that we find a partner like ENGAGENCY to help us finish building our site.

They have been responsible for conducting a website audit at the beginning to see what needed fixing so the website would perform better. They work on marketing campaigns with us to ensure that the website landing pages are built properly, any forms are built so people can enter contests. They work with me on a daily basis to help me send out newsletters. Any time I have an issue on the website, they help me figure out what's going on with it. Every aspect of what we do digitally and on our website, they have a hand in it with me.

They have also trained me on the use of the platform. Every time that I have an issue with something I can't do with my limited knowledge, they always send me instructions, so I know how to do it in the future without having to contact them each time.

Having transitioned from the previous provider to ENGAGENCY, I now love Sitecore. Previously, I thought it was awful. I didn't know how we were going to function with it in having a workable website. Now that we have ENGAGENCY, it's completely different. We are just now being able to understand all the functions that Sitecore offers us, and that's because of ENGAGENCY, and being able to do marketing plans around what the platform allows us to do.

How did you come to work with ENGAGENCY?

A consultant we had hired had found them for us.

It was about $110,000.

The relationship is ongoing. We're even looking for someone to help us on the digital side for more marketing, and they have offered and been interviewing the people we're interviewing. They know that they're going to have to work hand-in-hand, so they've started to interview the people we're talking to, making sure that they're going to be a correct fit for both of us.

We have monthly reporting that we do. Our Google Analytics show that the website has more monthly users, more new visitors, and that the time on site is longer due to the things that they've helped me design to keep people going through the marketing funnel. But, that's really about it.

They keep us up to date, so when the newest updates come out they update us on what those are and train us. Sitecore 8 has come out, we're about to transition to that. They let me know the new marketing features that are available on it, train us, and show us what we can do to improve our business practices.

What distinguishes ENGAGENCY from other providers?

We use a platform called Mantis, where I can put in any bugs or anything that I have and prioritize them. They respond immediately for high-priority things. They always give me an answer when I ask for help. It's never, "Oh, we forgot about this" or "We're not quite sure." If they're not sure, they make sure they find out the answer for me and let me know.

We have biweekly calls to go over, touch base, and make sure that they're doing what I need and to discuss my hours that I've used. They're very clear on all that on the reporting. If I'm over hours, they want to make sure that I know that, so we can sit down as a group and discuss what needs to be done immediately and what we can hold off on until the next budgeting cycle comes through. ENGAGENCY is very open with communication, letting me know what's going on, and the speed of work is great.

Is there anything ENGAGENCY could have improved or done differently?

Honestly, since I've had such horrible people in the past, they're a dream to me. I honestly don't have anything to say about that.

We recommend them quite often.

Sitecore Management and Support Global Telecommunications Firm

"There’s one main differentiator, and that’s what they pride themselves on. It is that they are going to be your support entity for the long-term. They don’t want to build your site from scratch. They want to maintain it after it’s built and help your business grow effectively into it."

The client is a telecommunications firm offering high-quality, innovative video conferences solutions to commercial businesses and other organizations. Having recently implemented a new Sitecore website, the client sought to find a technology partner able to provide ongoing maintenance and support services. ENGAGENCY was explicitly recommended to the client by a close business associate. Once commissioned, ENGAGENCY assumed responsibility for the client's Sitecore-specific management, maintenance, and support.

Austin, Texas Area
Vice President of Global Marketing at Telecommunications Company

The client expressed great satisfaction and appreciation for the work delivered by ENGAGENCY. According to the client, ENGAGENCY remains instrumental to the ongoing management and improvement of their Sitecore website. ENGAGENCY received considerable praise for their flexible and reliable nature. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with ENGAGENCY and recommends them to others without reservation.

Please describe your company.

We’re a business-to-business (B2B) video conferencing provider. We offer cloud-based services as well as the actual endpoint products, like cameras and the auxiliary devices that would go into a conference room.

I’m the vice president of marketing.

Could you describe the business challenge that you were attempting to address when you first approach ENGAGENCY?

We have undergone several website iterations, all on the Sitecore platform, in the last five years. For this last iteration, we did a complete overhaul of our site. I met Jason [Perry, President and CEO of ENGAGENCY] in the context of asking him if he wanted to bid on our redesign. They came to the table, and let us know that taking a site from scratch and building it was not their forte. I appreciated the candor, and we came back to them once the site was up and running. Their specialty is in support and maintenance of the site, making it even better, and adding new features. They’re more of a long-term partner able to manage, support, and improve the Sitecore platform.

Could you describe the actual scope of their involvement?

We started at ground zero, with the same platform yet a brand new codebase. When we brought in ENGAGENCY, it was right after we had launched the new site. We had outsourced the design and development to another agency, but we brought in ENGAGENCY to maintain the site from that point forward. So, once we had a brand new site, they came in and were able to provide emergency support, ongoing maintenance to fix any bugs, and to serve as an extension of our Web development team.

How did you come to choose ENGAGENCY as your partner?

I think I went to the Sitecore website and looked at their recommended partners. I called them and met with them, and that was probably two and a half years ago.

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this engagement?

We invest between $3,500 and $6,000 a month, depending on our needs.

When did you start working with ENGAGENCY, and is the relationship ongoing?

I’ve known Jason for about two and half years. Initially, they just worked on bits and pieces of a project. We put them on a monthly retainer in August 2014, and that’s been ongoing. We started out small, and now we’re toward the upper end of that $6,000 mark.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the quality of their performance?

The feedback that we’ve received from our stakeholders who were having a constant dialogue with ENGAGENCY has always been fantastic. The progress, trajectory, and the timeline were extremely positive. They worked with our internal team members, and there were definitely no negatives when it came to using ENGAGENCY versus internal teams. It was just as transparent to them that ENGAGENCY actually work for us full time as opposed to being a true agency that was working on our behalf.

From my personal experience, every time I sat in on status calls to check in, they were extremely receptive to any feedback we offered, and would accommodate any needs we had in a timely manner. If I asked to see a progression of our timeline, so let’s say we buy 30 hours a month from them. I want to see on these status calls where we are relative to that time, and then I wanted to see what actually consumed that time. By the time we got on the next call, they had it done. They’ve always been responsive and very timely with their deliveries. Nothing has ever been delayed on their end. If there’s a delay, it’s always been on our end. In my experience, that level of service and reliability is rare.

When working with ENGAGENCY, is there anything that you would consider unique about their strategic approach or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

There’s one main differentiator, and that’s what they pride themselves on. It is that they are going to be your support entity for the long term. They don’t want to build your site from scratch. They want to maintain it after it’s built and help your business grow effectively into it. I think that’s where a lot of companies have a huge need, and where it gets very expensive to maintain that type of support with the agency that built your original website. The more they brand themselves to have this differentiator, I think it’s extremely valuable to companies like mine, who are looking for a better and more efficient way to manage the site without bringing on tons of in-house resources. Otherwise, having the new site might not have been the best investment.

Another factor is the cost. We bid out using ENGAGENCY versus the agency who had built the site, and ENGAGENCY came in almost $12,000 cheaper. There are multiple instances where they have been much more affordable and much more efficient with their time. Their ability to get things done rapidly is much more evident when compared to the other, larger development agency that isn’t as responsive, and it seems like there’s always a delay on some end.

In retrospect, are there areas in which you think they could improve as a service provider?

I don’t see any areas to improve. Their biggest thing is just making sure they can articulate their differentiator from a marketing perspective. Like I said, they don’t build sites from scratch. They are a support team that specializes with Sitecore. Any and all needs related to maintaining a successful and efficient website using Sitecore can be fulfilled using ENGAGENCY.

What advice, if any, would you give a future client of theirs?

Have an extremely strong project manager internally, be crystal clear on scope, and set the duration of the expected timeline. Those are the only recommendations I have.

Sitecore Implementation Employee and Employer Insurance Benefits Provider

“Whenever we had a vision, they’d immediately line up with what they had done before and what they’d recommended. They were very open to listening.”

The client is a provider of employee benefits products and services that help employers manage their businesses and employees protect their families and livelihoods. The client sought to transition their primary corporate website to a newly procured Sitecore content management system solution. ENGAGENCY was explicitly referred to the client as a certified Sitecore partner. Once commissioned, ENGAGENCY handled the full implementation of the client's Sitecore CMS, which included requirements gathering, project scoping, custom visual design, backend development, data preparation and migration, user interface/user experience testing, systems integration, training, and ongoing support.

Chattanooga, TN
Rob Howell
Director, Digital Marketing at Unum

The client is quite satisfied with the work delivered by ENGAGENCY. According to the client, their successfully deployed Sitecore CMS has resulted in unprecedented increases in process efficiency. The client also indicated that their new website receives significantly more user traffic on a monthly basis, and that their bounce rate has fallen dramatically, owing to the more intuitive navigation. ENGAGENCY was praised highly for their flexibility and professionalism. The client recommends ENGAGENCY to others.

Could you briefly describe your company?

I work for Unum. We’re a benefits provider offering products like long-term and short-term disability, life insurance products, and accident insurance.

Director.

Could you describe the business challenges you were attempting to address when you initiated the relationship with ENGAGENCY?

We were moving our corporate website into the Sitecore content management system and were looking for a Sitecore-certified partner that had a lot of experience doing that to help with the transition from the old way of managing the site.

Could you describe the rationale behind selecting Sitecore as your preferred CMS solution?

I can cheat on that question a little bit and say that it was a solution that we already had in-house. That made it a little bit easier. But, we did a full evaluation of Sitecore and other CMS solutions because we wanted to make sure that it was the right fit for us. We compared it to most of the other big-name players in the space and came to the conclusion that Sitecore did a really good job of managing content for the public Web deployment.

We have another CMS that we use for our internal systems. As an example, some of the other systems tried to solve for every type of possible content management need, and we felt like Sitecore was a little bit more specific, not that it only has feeds for public websites, but that it certainly had the right out of the box setup to accomplish that objective. We gravitated toward Sitecore due to its customizability and flexibility. It made sense for us and, as I'd mentioned, it was already in-house.

How did you select ENGAGENCY as your solution partner?

If I remember correctly, it was actually Sitecore that gave us a list of their certified partners, and that’s how we found ENGAGENCY. They also happened to be right in Chattanooga, and that was helpful, being able to meet them face to face. From the beginning of the project to the end, having them able to come onsite or us being able to go to them worked out quite well.

Again, we looked at some other Sitecore partners, but we were really impressed with some of the work done by ENGAGENCY.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

It’s between a $250,000 and $500,000 project.

When was the new website site launched?

September of 2013.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work they've delivered?

The response we’ve had from our typical audiences has been very positive. They very much like the changes to the site, how it works and feels. But, the thing that probably speaks the loudest to us is that our total site traffic has gone up tremendously, and as a corollary, our bounce rates have gone down quite a bit.

One of the more telling ones, in terms of the improvement we made through the gauge is that searches are down. I think we had somewhere around 7,000 searches per month prior and, after the redesign, we were looking at 2,000 searches per month. This would imply that our navigation is much more intuitive and accessible than before.

When working with ENGAGENCY, is there anything you would consider unique or special about them compared to other vendors with which you’ve worked?

One thing I truly appreciated was their conformance with industry best practices. They were always able to approach things with an insightful yet realistic standpoint. But, we also have some experts in the field of Web development and have some specific ideas about how we want to accomplish certain things. Whenever we had a vision, they’d immediately line up with what they had done before and what they’d recommended. They were very open to listening. I felt like we had a strong relationship in which we could work through the details, and then all agree on half of the things. Sometimes, we did it the way they wanted, and other times, they did it the way we wanted, but there was no frustration on their end. At the end of the day, they were trying to give us what we wanted and make sure that it worked. I think that’s exactly what we ended up with. We got what we wanted, and it worked right.

In retrospect, do you remain confident that the Sitecore CMS will continue to meet your business needs into the foreseeable future?

Yes, absolutely. In fact, there’s a lot of conversations about extending the use of Sitecore. It’s going to grow. We’re very pleased with that decision.

Sitecore Implementation State Federal Credit Union

“They are extremely responsive to our needs; be it for immediate troubleshooting or simple site changes."

The client is a federal credit union operating in South Carolina. The client sought a partner to help enhance their online presence, beginning with the design and development of their new website. Once the client selected Sitecore as their technology solution, they were then referred to ENGAGENCY as a certified Sitecore partner. ENGAGENCY was then one of several potential candidates that received a request for proposal from the client, and they were chosen as the solution partner based on their demonstrated Sitecore expertise. Once commissioned, ENGAGENCY handled the complete Sitecore implementation, which involved requirements gathering, project scoping, custom visual design, backend development, data preparation and migration, user interface/user experience testing, quality assurance/quality control testing, systems integration, training, and ongoing support.

Large Enterprise

South Carolina
Vice President of Marketing at South Carolina Federal Credit Union

The client is quite pleased with the work delivered by ENGAGENCY. According to the client, their successfully deployed Sitecore website has significantly increased their process efficiency as well as their ability to monitor and track their user engagements. ENGAGENCY was praised highly for their deep technical expertise and their responsiveness to client requests/issues. The client recommends ENGAGENCY to others without reservation.

Could you briefly describe your company?

We are a credit union in the financial industry.

I’m the vice president of marketing.

ENGAGENCY is a business relationship that has helped with us with our online marketing efforts, in particular, our website.

Could you then describe the scope of the work that they’ve delivered?

We started with a clean slate, and we worked with them to develop a website and do website enhancements. A full scope of projects. There was significant frontend and backend work done for us, and we've used them for modifications and support, too.

With what platforms are they assisting you?

It’s the Sitecore CMS solution.

How did you select ENGAGENCY as your solution partner?

I was not a part of that process, so I can’t speak to it with any great detail. But, I know that there was a process that was used to identify them as a group that specialized in the Sitecore tool, and they were part of a short list that we devised. But, I was not actually a part of that selection process.

Do you recall on what platform your previous website was operating?

I do not. I know we switched to Sitecore when we developed our new website. It’s been a few years back.

Do you recall the rationale for deciding to transition from the previous content management system to Sitecore?

It was a new site and, with Sitecore, we were really looking for more control and a more robust tool to do some of the things that we were looking to do with our website.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

I don’t think we spent more than $100,000, but probably from $50,000 to $100,000.

When was this website launched?

This was probably three to four years ago [2010-2011].

In terms of results, could you share any statistics or metrics that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work ENGAGENCY has delivered?

One of the big stats is member feedback and the changes that we made with the new site. We got some very positive feedback that the site was more user friendly, and that we were meeting more of the members’ and customers’ needs. It was an ease of use and one of the biggest parts of the feedback was not receiving any negative feedback, which in itself is a success.

I like a tool that they have, in terms of meeting their customer service standards. They’ve got a tool that is an online tool that we work through that tool, and they are extremely responsive to our needs, be it for immediate troubleshooting or simple site changes. That’s 24/7. It just wasn’t a week or two ago that I had to reach out to them during the weekend for assistance and, within a very short amount of time, on a Saturday morning, I got a phone call from one of the folks from ENGAGENCY.

In retrospect, are there areas that you think they could improve upon, or are there things you'd do differently as the client before approaching this type of project?

No. I feel confident in their ability to work as a relationship with the credit union. I wouldn’t hesitate to do additional projects with them.

Do you remain confident that the Sitecore CMS platform will continue to meet your business needs into the foreseeable future?

Yes. I think that tool has a lot of capacity, especially for where we are as an organization utilizing the tool. We know that it’s capable of a lot more than we’re actually utilizing, but it’s nice to know that those opportunities are there so that, in the future, with future growth we can grow into the tool instead of growing out of the tool.

Overall Score It’s been good. No issues.

Custom Sitecore Development & Maintenance State University Graduate Program

“I really like the way they talk with you. They really take the time to develop a close business relationship”

The client is a graduate degree program within the University of Texas at Austin. The client sought to delegate some of their Sitecore maintenance and enhancement tasks to a certified development partner. ENGAGENCY was referred to the client as a certified Sitecore partner by a third party. Once commissioned, ENGAGENCY was responsible for the following services: custom backend development, A/B testing, QA/QC testing, data preparation and migration, information architecture, training, and ongoing support.

Large Enterprise

Austin, Texas
Information Technology Manager

The client expressed great enthusiasm and appreciation for the work delivered by ENGAGENCY. The client indicates that ENGAGENCY has been an outstanding development partner. According to the client, ENGAGENCY is able to consistently deliver high-quality code and deploy it without issue. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with ENGAGENCY and recommends them to others.

Could you briefly describe your company?

I work at the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin.

My role is I manage the Web department. I'm the Information Technology manager.

Could you describe the business challenge(s) you were attempting to address when you initiated the relationship with ENGAGENCY?

We have in-house Sitecore developers. We have too much work to do, so there were some items that came up that weren’t in our top priorities, but the internal client was willing to put forth some money to have someone else work on that. I managed that relationship and we brought on ENGAGENCY to help with some of those items.

This was for Sitecore platform you were already using?

Could you describe the scope of work they’ve actually done for you?

It was just like working on some sub-layouts, maybe like some widgets that we had that we wanted to develop, these little content items here and there that needed programming. It was this sharp .NET development with Sitecore to support our website. We also used them a couple of years ago to help us do a Sitecore upgrade.

How did you choose ENGAGENCY as your solution partner?

I believe they were referred to us by Rackspace. So, we started a conversation with them. One thing led to another and we were confident they could deliver what we needed.

Do you recall what the reasoning was behind the selection of Sitecore as your content management system rather than some of its other competitor products?

Yes. We wanted something that ran on the Microsoft stack. Our developers are experienced with .NET and we wanted the flexibility of the Sitecore solution. It has a lot of potential for special configuration and customization.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

Yes. I think it’s been around $10,000.

When was the most recent project completed with them?

Last year. I’d say July of 2013.

Their most recent work was quite good. One of my developers worked with one of their developers, so we’re in contact with them, and they used our project management software to stay in touch. If they submitted a code to us, and we wanted it cleaned up a little bit more or want them to fall in line with how we code, we could send it back, and they were really quick about getting back on that.

I think that the first project we had with them, there was some misunderstanding of what we thought they would be bringing, as a part of the process. Once we had an understanding things went forward quite smoothly. But, for the upgrade, we thought they were going to test it a little bit more and that didn’t happen. So, there were a lot of things in the end that fell back on us. But, we’ve talked about that, and how we could improve it for next time.

When working with ENGAGENCY, is there anything you would consider unique or special about them compared to other vendors you’ve worked with?

I really like the way they talk with you. They really take the time to develop a close business relationship. A big difference is the way that they don’t come in, do work at the minimum level and then leave. There are conversations going on the whole time about our satisfaction with their deliverables. We worked with some other contractors for stuff like this, and it was a mess. You could tell they weren’t really looking to maintain the relationship with you after a certain point. ENGAGECY actively seeks that kind of relationship, and we've appreciated their approach all around.

In retrospect, are there areas you think they could improve upon, or are there things you'd do differently as the client before approaching this type of project?

Yes. Clarifying all aspects of the project, even through testing and what’s expected. Just making sure that the scope of everything is really clarified. Addressing any and all assumptions is key to the success of any project.

Do you feel confident that Sitecore will continue to meet your business needs into the foreseeable future?

Very willing.

Sitecore Support Commercial Transportation Provider

“They get the job done. They’re easy to talk to. They hold fast to their quotes, and everything they’ve done for us is pretty much error and bug free. If there is an issue at all, they get it fixed immediately.”

The client is one of the largest privately held transportation companies in the United States. Having recently built a new website using the Sitecore content management system, the client sought a technology partner for case specific maintenance and support. ENGAGENCY was selected as the client's technology partner based on their geographic proximity and their demonstrated Sitecore expertise. The client now maintains a monthly support contract with ENGAGENCY, which requires the following services: Custom backend development, functional enhancements, bug fixes and troubleshooting, and performance testing.

1000+ Employees

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Bruce Odum
.Net Development Manager, Enterprise Solutions at US Xpress

The client expressed considerable satisfaction with the work delivered by ENGAGENCY. According to the client, ENGAGENCY has met and exceeded all expectations related to the support contract in place. ENGAGENCY was praised for the fidelity of the code produced by their developers as well as the timeliness of their deliverables. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with the client and recommends them to others.

Could you briefly describe your company?

I work for U.S. Xpress. We’re the third-largest privately held transportation company in the United States, and I run the .NET development department for applications for them.

What is your title?

It’s .NET development manager.

We wanted to build a flexible corporate presence on the Internet. The problem was it was with old technology, obsolete Web software, that required programmers to manage and change content on a regular basis. It was highly inefficient and unnecessarily complicated.

On what platform does your website operate?

It's got a Sitecore backend. We were originally considering SharePoint and Sitecore as potential solutions, but we eventually decided that Sitecore would be a better fit for our business than SharePoint.

Could you describe the scope of the project? For instance, did it involve custom visual design, backend development, training, or support?

We contracted ENGAGENCY on a monthly support contract. Any changes we needed or software upgrades that we go through, we contact them to manage and implement.

What was the rationale behind your selection of Sitecore instead of SharePoint?

We chose Sitecore as opposed to SharePoint because it was much easier to work with. SharePoint is basically designed as an intranet, not an Internet-type application. We were looking for a content management system that was customer-centric, and that’s what Sitecore is.

How did you select ENGAGENCY as your solution partner?

We were looking for local, reasonably priced vendors with in-house talent because, obviously, like SharePoint or Sitecore, they both require specific types of skill sets to work with. ENGAGENCY had a staff that could do that and we felt confident in their ability to deliver value to us. They've supported us for nearly three years now.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

No. I can't disclose that information.

This partnership remains ongoing?

Correct.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work they’ve delivered?

It’s been great having a local company that I can make a phone call to. If it’s an immediate issue, [they have a] very quick turnaround time on correcting a problem, typically within 24 to 48 hours. When I have a long-term larger module schedule to be done, they’re very quick at working them in and getting them out the door. They’ve never gone over budget.

No. They’re a friendly company to work with. They get the job done. They’re easy to talk to. They hold fast to their quotes and everything they’ve done for me is pretty much error free and bug free. If there is an issue at all, they get it fixed immediately.

Nobody’s perfect.

Sitecore Maintenance and Support Government Financial Regulatory Agency

“I would wholeheartedly recommend Engagency to anyone looking for a partner to help with their digital marketing efforts, and in keeping their websites updated, attractive, and running efficiently in a timely manner.”

The client is a government financial regulatory agency operating in South Carolina. The client sought a technology partner to delegate their Sitecore maintenance and support tasks. ENGAGENCY was one of several potential vendors to receive a request for proposal from the client, and they were selected as a certified Sitecore partner based on their demonstrated capabilities and relative pricing. ENGAGENCY now provides to the client the following Sitecore services: Custom visual design, backend development, systems integration, data preparation an migration, usability/compatibility testing, training, and ongoing support.

1000+ Employees

Charleston, South Carolina
Marketing Segment Manager

The client expressed great enthusiasm and appreciation for the work delivered by ENGAGENCY. According to the client, ENGAGENCY has been an invaluable resource for enhancing and maintaining their Sitecore solution as well as offering strategic insights. ENGAGENCY was praised highly for their responsiveness and flexibility. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with ENGAGENCY and recommends them to others.

Could you briefly describe your company?

I work for the South Carolina Federal Credit Union.

I’m the marketing segment manager.

We have a number of different websites and we need to be nimble with our changes. We make changes and perform updates quite frequently. We needed to identify a partner able to help us in a way that would be very responsive, attractive, and at a reasonable price. ENGAGENCY has proven to be an excellent partner in that regard.

Could you describe the scope of the project? For example, did it involve custom design, backend development, training, or support?

They originally handled the complete Sitecore implementation from conception to deployment. They’ve since delivered training, and excellent customer service platform for addressing issues, helping us with the ability to make updates ourselves as well as these things that are beyond our capabilities in a timely manner. They also handle some of our recurring design work.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

We can’t disclose financial information, but I can tell you that there’s a very large-scale website and a handful of microsites.

When was the most recent project completed?

Projects remain ongoing for them.

I don’t have any metrics or figures to share with you, other than the fact that I would wholeheartedly recommend ENGAGENCY to anyone looking for a partner to help with their digital marketing efforts, and in keeping their websites updated, attractive, and running efficiently in a timely manner.

When working with ENGAGENCY, is there anything you would consider unique or special about them compared to other vendors you’ve worked with?

The standout things to me are that the people are a pleasure to work with and that their response time is tremendous. I have worked with many similar agencies throughout the years, but I haven’t found anyone to be as responsive as this group is. Having a responsive and accessible vendor is crucial for us.

In retrospect, are there areas that you think they could improve upon, or are there things you might do differently as the client before approaching this type of project?

I don’t have any areas for improvement. We’ve been entirely satisfied with the work delivered by ENGAGENCY thus far.

Custom Sitecore Design & Development Vacation Resort Chain

“They do a wonderful job of examining the business and formulating valuable ideas. They then collaborate closely with you to hone the deployment and ensure everything stays within the project scope.”

The client is a resort chain with several locations across the continental United States. The client sought a website redesign in order to streamline their user experience, and also wished to enhance the backend functionality of their Sitecore CMS. As the solution partner, Engagency was responsible for both the form and function of the client's website redesign endeavor. Engagency has provided the following services: custom visual design, wire framing and template creation, backend development, and ongoing support.

Midmarket

Denver, Colorado
Online Marketing Manager, Digital Experience

The client remains quite satisfied with the work delivered by Engagency. According to the client, their website has received extremely positive feedback from users. The client indicated that Engagency is an outstanding design and development partner, consistently able to meet and exceed expectations. Engagency was also praised highly for their professionalism and accountability. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with Engagency and recommends them to others.

Could you briefly describe your company?

I work for Vail Resorts. I work in the hospitality division as an online marketing and digital experience manager. I oversee the websites focused on lodging and Iconic Weddings, which is our own brand. We have resorts in California, Colorado, Utah, and Jamaica as well as some properties in the Grand Teton National Park.

Could you describe the business challenge(s) you were attempting to address when you initiated the relationship with Engagency?

I actually didn’t begin the relationship, but I’ve been working with this to create a better experience for our users. We wanted a more engaging and interactive website that our users could derive some real value from. Our previous website had numerous design flaws, both aesthetic and functional. We wanted to streamline the entire experience and make it more memorable.

Could you describe the scope of the project? For example, did it involve custom visual design, backend development, training, and ongoing support?

We wanted to redesign the site to make it a simpler and easier to read, take out some extra content, and focused on guiding the experience for the bride. Engagency was responsible for the custom design work, which included wire framing, template creation, UI/UX testing, deployment and ongoing support.

How did you choose Engagency as your solution partner?

I wasn’t involved in the procurement process. I know that we decided to build on the Sitecore platform, but I have no idea what process initiated. I suspect they were at the very least chosen based on their Sitecore partner certification.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

I believe the website redesign was somewhere between $20,000 and $22,000.

When was the most recent project completed with Engagency?

Our site was finished in August of 2013.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics or user feedback that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work they’ve delivered?

I don’t have any figures for you. I can tell you that our redesigned site is a far cry from our previous version. We receive a good amount of positive feedback from our users, and we rarely have site malfunctions when compared to the previous version.

When working with Engagency, is there anything you would consider unique or special about them compared to other service providers you’ve worked with?

Engagency has been a great technology partner. They do a wonderful job of examining the business and then formulating valuable ideas. They then collaborate closely with you to hone the deployment and ensure everything stays within the project scope. They walk you through the process step by step, which is important to us.

In retrospect, are there any areas that you think they could improve upon, or are there things you might do differently as the client before approaching this type of project?

I couldn’t really pinpoint anything for you. We’ve been impressed by their performance and we’re definitely pleased with our new website.