Tech solutions designed to help businesses grow.

Bronze

Whether you’re looking to upgrade your company hardware, build a gorgeous new website, or dive into revenue-generating email marketing, we create affordable, scalable, totally customized technology solutions that make sense for the unique needs of your organization.

With nearly 20 years of multifaceted technological experience and the expansion of our capabilities and expertise, EMPIST has become a dynamo of digital solutions. We have an extensive background in enterprise-level IT services, website and application development, marketing, and business consulting; allowing us to become the one-stop-solution for your business technology.

2000
Chicago, IL
  • 55 W Monroe St, Suite 400
    Chicago, IL 60603

Businesses with 20-100 employees and an office located within a 100 mi. radius of Chicago, Illinois; Phoenix, Arizona; or Athens, Greece.

Digital Marketing for Baby Clothing Brand

"I found their communication processes and flexibility to be most impressive."

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

EMPIST provided digital marketing services for a baby clothing brand. Their team was responsible for email and social media marketing.

Boston, Massachusetts
Director of Digital Strategy, Baby Clothing Brand

The internal team's Instagram following has doubled and email revenue has increased six times over. EMPIST establishes a steady workflow through constant communication. The team delivers quality results in a timely fashion.

I am the Director of Digital Strategy for Zutano, a direct to consumer focused baby clothing and accessories brand.

For what projects/services did your company hire EMPIST?

We do not have a full in-house digital marketing team so we hired EMPIST to manage our social media accounts and email marketing.

Goals were to build up Ecommerce business, increase social media following and improve email marketing campaigns.

We selected this vendor based on conversations with their management and examples of previous creative work.

We work with Empist in two primary areas - social media and email marketing. For social media, they create a social calendar and executes posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram based on the calendar. For email marketing, they design and upload email templates into our ESP, Klaviyo, based on our promotional calendar.

We work primarily with an account manager, but also work with an email/graphic designer and content writer. We also have periodic business reviews with their team leaders such as their marketing manager.

Since working with Empist, our Instagram following has more than doubled and our email revenue is up over 6X.

Workflow is very effective. A project management tool is used to manage tasks and communication is always timely and efficient.

I found their communication processes and flexibility to be most impressive.

Over our time working together I have seen them improve in many areas, particularly in adapting to our brand preferences and becoming a seamless extension of our team. If there is one area to improve on it would be keeping up with our e-commerce analytics in order to keep social posting in sync with seasonal trends.

Shopify Development and PPC Marketing for TV Hardware Brand

"I respect their focus, dedication to timelines, and consistency with follow-ups."

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

EMPIST provides continuous marketing and development services to a consumer products manufacturer. They've also taken on paid search campaigns, the launch of a newsletter, and a Shopify site redesign.

VP of E-Commerce, Consumer Electronics Company

Since engaging with their team, the client has seen improved performance with their e-commerce platform and email subscriber list, which has grown by 400%. Throughout the teamwork-centric collaboration, the young team cultivated a close relationship with the client, often brainstorming with them.

Our company manufactures high-end luxury TV mounts. I'm the VP of e-commerce, so I handle activities related to our direct-to-consumer online business.

What challenge were you trying to address with EMPIST?

We were looking for a digital marketing agency to focus on website development, paid search management, SEO management, and social media advertising, some graphic design.

Because we're a small company, I was the only person on our team who was involved in online marketing and direct-to-consumer activity. I really needed support underneath me to tackle day-to-day tasks. That way I could focus on higher-level strategy.

The first course of action was a redesign of our Shopify website. When we hired them, it was definitely more work on the development side of the fence. But once we were past the website redesign and we were happy with the work we did, then I started giving them Google Ads and Facebook advertising campaigns. Additionally, I made requests for graphic design projects to enhance our website.

Our partnership grew from there. Since we've launched a direct-to-consumer monthly newsletter and all sorts of contests, to better engage prospective and current customers alike.

I've really utilized both their marketing and development teams for support. We've added custom functionality to the UX if our website pre-purchase, aiming to convert greater numbers of prospective customers.

Their marketing team has handled day-to-day tasks surrounding paid search campaigns, which includes testing and optimization. Now, I can delegate to them, and they'll execute.

Our engagement has grown over time. They started at 30 hours per month for the web redesign, and now they're at 75 hours. I'm also considering working with them on a new product line in the near future.

A normal project structure would consist of a project manager and a team working in the background, one that we don't have much of a connection to. That was not the case with me—I worked hand-in-hand with their marketing team. Of course, the project manager would still coordinate and track hours, but the communication structure wasn't that stiff. I know their dev team is in Greece, so the project manager helped us coordinate with them.

How did you come to work with EMPIST?

I work remotely, and it was important to me to fina a local partner for collaboration's sake. I also wanted to meet them face to face when I interviewed them.

So, I went to the Shopify platform and asked for some vendor suggestions. They gave me a list of 4–5 local agencies. From there, I did my own research outside of Shopify. Then came a long interview process, during which I met with a few agencies multiple times. I ended up going with EMPIST because our in-person interactions were comfortable and personal. They spoke my language, were very down to earth, and seemed goal-driven without the need to oversell us. I liked their approach immediately. They also had a solid portfolio, so we hired them.

At this point, we've spent between $250,000–$500,000 with them.

We started collaborating with them in November 2017, and their engagement with us is growing over time.

Key metrics have definitely improved, possibly our work on the paid search campaigns. Despite what catalyzed the change, I know the team has greatly increased performance between November 2017 and today.

With them, we've given birth to a bunch of different social media advertising vehicles that we didn't have before, the biggest being our newsletter. That's increased our email subscribers. Our email list has quadrupled, and we're driving more qualified traffic to our site.

How did EMPIST perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Teamwork and Airtable as project management tools. They help us monitor and prioritize projects. In terms of communication, everything's done through Teamwork, email, and phone. We've been successful without instant messaging.

Their development team is in Greece, so it's important that we have a project manager to coordinate our communication. Because of our timezone difference, their work is generally more structured. Teamwork has made it easier to interact with everyone, despite team or location.

On the dev side, we work through the project manager. With marketing, I'll often brainstorm directly with the team, which has gone very well.

I'm most impressed by how responsible and conscientious they are about their work, even at early stages of their careers. They're young professionals, maybe a three to five years out of college. I respect their focus, dedication to timelines, and consistency with follow-ups. They're hungry, aggressive, smart, and conscientious. I get to work with a team that infuses energy with intelligence, that's exciting.

There's a real team teamwork approach on the marketing side. I give input and generally oversee projects, but they're flexible. They aren't afraid to give their own suggestions regarding how we can achieve success. They're a group of young, talented, and conscientious professionals that can brainstorm, come up with ideas, pitch me on ideas, and us to pave the road together. I've been very lucky to find an agency that I can trust to push the ball forward.

I'm an aggressive client in terms of issuing ideas and stating my goals. They also have "set it and forget it" partnerships, where they're running the show.

In that regard, they're respectful of the relationship between client and vendor. I've encouraged them to keep providing their own suggestions because they're creativity and intellect is strong. I know they're capable of looking for problems, suggesting solutions and implementing. I don't want them being order-takers.

We've been working on that, and they've gotten a lot better at it. But, in the past, they let me lead the show more. I think they've found their voice and confidence in that time period, so I don't face this as much now. I wanted them to improve there, and they have come a long way.

They could also focus more on surveying the landscape for potential issues, especially as it pertains to performance on the website. They're often in reaction mode, so some more proactivity would be helpful. There's nothing wrong with that. That's how agencies function. I've worked so closely with them that I forget they're an agency. To me, they're my team, they're my business.

In that light, I would like for them to take on responsibilities with me. They're amazing at following through on everything we want to accomplish, though.

It depends on a company's goals. If you're a client like me that wants to stay attached to the work, respond quickly. They respond quickly, so don't keep them waiting. For us, at least, they require quick feedback to do their job effectively.

And if you're a client that's going to let them run the show, just to make sure you're clear on what you're trying to accomplish. From there, you can definitely trust them to do the job.

I wouldn't suggest a "set it and forget it" approach because I've been burned that way. The most important thing to keep in mind is that quick feedback is essential. Also, encourage them to provide their suggestions, don't just give them a laundry list of tasks. You'll get the most out of EMPIST by using their brains. They're a very smart group.

Overall Score They earned beyond a perfect score.

Managed IT Services for Healthcare IT Company

"They don't give up!"

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

EMPIST provided IT service assistance to the sales team of a Healthcare IT company, helping to manage accounts and follow up to close contracts with potential customers.

Sunan Fatima
Sale & Marketing Associate, NowPow

Empist has been an effective partner so far, working efficiently and consistently finding solutions to any issues that arise with their client's customer accounts. Their team establishes good workflows and channels of communication.

we are a healthcare IT company and I am the Sales & Marketing associate.

IT/ Tech Support

make sales and close contracts

My company selected the vendor for the service and quality

I work on the sales team and my goal is to do outreach , contacting and follow up to close contracts!

the team was Gio, Ricky, Gingerand many others

all the tickets opened were resolved in my experience

very good workflow, quick responses and clear communication

They work to resolve my issue or offer an alternate solution. They don't give up!

not yet but I would like over the weekend hours too

Overall Score I really like them and the work they do
    it ws good i would have liked 24/7 service tho
    I am not sure
    The do good work and resolve issues
    I already refer them to my friends

IT Infrastructure Maintenance for Healthcare Company

"The quick response time was impressive."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

EMPIST was hired to manage IT infrastructure for a healthcare company. They built an IT environment for employee use.

Yong Jun Kim
Data Engineer, NowPow

EMPIST successfully contributed hardware and software environments for over 50 employees. The new system had fewer problems than the previous IT system. The workflow was effective and their team responded quickly.

NowPow is a start up in the field of social determinants of health, and I work as a data engineer.

For what projects/services did your company hire EMPIST?

We hired EMPIST to maintain and manage our IT infrastructure such as computer hardware and software.

The goal of the project is to maintain a seamless IT environment to the employees, so they can work on their projects without any hardware or software problems.

I was not personally involved in the selecting of the vendor.

EMPIST provided us with hardware and software environments to support all employees. We usually have only one IT personnel on site who doubles as an office manager. However, with the help of EMPIST, we were able to conduct business without much problem. In addition, their ticket system provided us with ample help for over 50 employees on site.

One office manager who doubled as the on site IT manager.

Although there is no documented progress on the project, we noticed less issues related to computer hardware or software. When we needed help, we were able to use the EMPIST system to quickly get remote help.

The workflow was quite effective through the ticket system the EMPIST had.

The quick response time was impressive.

More efficient set of security software would be nice, that affects laptop performance less.

Office IT Upgrade for Flat Glass Manufacturer

"They also go above and beyond to answer my questions and find us a solution that fits our needs."

Oct. - Ongoing

Empist is providing IT consulting and technology upgrades for a manufacturing company. Specifically, they’ve introduced new accounting software, cloud capabilities, and Office 365.

Amanda Cassarella
Administrative, Torstenson Glass Co.

Providing comprehensive support, even in urgent situations, Empist has built a trusting relationship in a short time. Their creative, tailored problem-solving is notable, as is their dedication.

My company is wholesale distributor of flat glass and mirror. We sell to companies that help the retail customer (i.e. window companies, cabinet and interior design companies, etc.). My position is administrative/ accounting/ purchasing and a little bit of sales.

For what projects/services did your company hire EMPIST?

We signed on for cloud set up and support as well as firewall set up and office 365. Down the road we also plan on hiring Empist for some future projects such as updating phones and our Website.

My goal is to update my office to solve several unorganized technology issues and achieve modern simplicity with the technology Empist has offered.

About a year ago, they came to the office and spoke to us and we told them to follow up in a year. Later, Windows 7 was no longer being supported so we had to update to Windows 10. Then, we figured we would upgrade everything and change IT companies completely since we were having nothing but problems with our current vendor.

Empist followed up just as we received an outrageous quote from our first company. They swooped in and saved the day with great solutions at a great cost. It was a no-brainer to move forward with them!

We are now migrating to a cloud server and updating our accounting software from Mas90 to Sage100, as well as installing a brand new firewall and getting Office 365.

We are a brand new client and we have a whole team working on our project. It is nice to have a dedicated team I can trust and go to for help. I am sure we'll downsize as the project slows down and all we need is support, but they assured me I can go to any of them at any time if any issue arises. I believe currently there are at least 5 people helping us out.

We are on just the beginning of the project, but they have helped us out so much already! Before we were even able to have the on-boarding call we had an emergency issue that they helped us out on with no hesitation. It is such a relief to finally have an IT company I can count on!

Super easy. Granted, we have a small office, but everything seems to flow seamlessly.

The solutions they bring to the table and how I am always able to talk to someone and not get a machine when I call are great. They also go above and beyond to answer my questions and find us a solution that fits our needs.

Even though we haven't been with Empist for long, I haven't found anything to improve on. Our change to Empist was a huge improvement in our company and I can't wait to continue working with our team! Thank you for all the help you have provided us thus far!

Overall Score Great company over all, highly recommend!
    They are able to work around our day and what is best for us.
    Amazing solutions and service at a great price!
    They always provide a quality solution that fits our needs.
    I wish I had more people to refer them to!

Voicemail Setup for Institutional Investment Firm

"EMPIST outwardly demonstrates great customer service and timely assistance."

July 2019

EMPIST set up voicemail services for an employee of an investment firm. They provide ongoing support as part of a comprehensive IT service engagement.

Eric W. Taylor, Jr.
Performance Analyst, Marquette Associates

Professional and supportive, EMPIST responded quickly to the inquiry. Customers can expect timely service as part of a seamless partnership

I serve as a Performance Analyst at Marquette Associates, an Institutional Investment Consulting firm. We are located broadly across the Midwest and Philadelphia region offering tailored financial services to institutional investors.

For what projects/services did your company hire EMPIST?

EMPIST is employed by our firm to handle a wide variety of technical and IT related issues on a recurring basis.

EMPIST was already the existing IT firm employed by Marquette Associates.

On July 15, 2019 I contacted EMPIST regarding voicemail setup for my company line. Completion of this task occurred exceptionally quick.

Within a short window of time, EMPIST very quickly responded to my inquiry about setting up my phone Voicemail.

The relationship between Marquette and EMPIST appears to consist of mutually harmonious and productive activity.

EMPIST outwardly demonstrates great customer service and timely assistance.

The service is already phenomenal and timely.

I am not directly involved or privy to the contract fee negoations with EMPIST

IT Consulting for Law Firm

"The solution took several hours, but they stayed after hours to resolve the issues and other functions affected by it."

Sept. 2019

Empist helped resolved issues a law firm was having with Adobe.

Legal Administrative Assistant, Law Firm

All issues were resolved. Empist’s team was helpful and stayed after hours to complete the project.

I am a Legal Administrator and I handle court filings, correspondence, scheduling, calendar among other duties.

IT problem solving.

Issues with Adobe.

Unknown.

Issues with Adobe conversion, downloading.

N/A

Jacob Bean was very helpful and detailed in staying after the 5 o'clock hour to resolve my problem so that in the morning I was up and running again.

None at this time.

Overall Score Good Service and responsive.
    Quick.
    N/A
    My computer has been running smooth since.

Bronze