Intelligence | Media | Content

Our name comes from our belief that success and failure hinge on one quality: the willingness to empathise.

At our core we are a Media Consulting Group driven by integrity and focused on delivering results

• 211-2238 Dundas St W, Unit 211
    Toronto, ON M6P 3H7

Media Strategy, Planning & Buying for Venture Capital Firm

"They’re smart and creative — it’s clear they understand my business and are aligned with my goals."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Empathy Inc. works to bring visibility and awareness to a venture capital firm’s product. Their services include running digital display programs and actively reaching the target audience.

VP, Venture Capital Firm

The ongoing support and expertise from Empathy Inc. has led to a growth in sales for the client and they’re helping reach overall business objectives. Their professionalism and dedication to striving for the client’s vision make them a valuable, easy-to-work-with partner.

I am the VP of a venture capital firm and we have a number of portfolio companies. One such company is a web domain registry called Intercap Registry Inc.

What challenge were you trying to address with Empathy Inc.?

We were like anyone else, just trying to increase awareness of our product in a pretty specific target market in North America, primarily in the United States. We have a unique product, so billboards and television ads weren’t going to work.

We tried to do it ourselves for about a year, but this is an area where no one on our internal team had the expertise or capacity to do it or the relationships in the industry. We also wanted to be super-efficient with our spend. We hired them to help with media strategy, media planning, buying, and execution.

Empathy Inc. joined our core team and they brought in two employees. They’ve been doing a number of digital display programs with specific online trade publications in the community. They seek custom display advertising opportunities with niche verticals as well as general business and entrepreneur vertical awareness. Their team helps me find the people we need to reach and spend our money wisely.

I work with two people who are the CEO and their head media buyer.

How did you come to work with Empathy Inc.?

I was referred to them by our marketing strategy agency.

We have spent $400,000 so far, which will probably get between $600,000–$700,000 by the end of the year.

We started working with them in January 2020, and we are still actively working with them.

The team works well together, and I would give them almost a perfect score when it comes to getting the things done they say they will. Our sales have absolutely increased, and we are on track to meet our objective. They are aligned with my objectives and they seem to be hitting them. I would work with them again 100% and I’ve referred their services to other people. Working together has been awesome.

How did Empathy Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They are totally professional and they meet my expectations for sure. They use Slack with my team and for me, they have weekly phone calls and email updates.

They have good client services, are flexible, and do the things I need. They meet my needs and communicate well, and I think they really know their business.

They are very client-focused and are aligned with my goals. It’s very clear that they are oriented around improving my business. They always seem to want what I want. We don’t get into very many debates or arguments — it very much feels like they are working for my business.

They’re smart and creative — it’s clear they understand my business and are aligned with my goals. They understood it all really quickly. I haven’t had any problems and they are doing a great job.

Not really — I couldn’t tell them what to do better. They are way more of an expert in their domain than I am.

They are the best.

Social Media Marketing for HR Services Company's New Product

“We’ve become better clients for these services because of the knowledge we acquired through working with Empathy Inc."

June 2020 - Ongoing

Empathy Inc. provides digital marketing services in support of a virtual mental health solution, including SEM and social media strategies, content creation, and community management on Facebook and Instagram.

5,001-10,000 Employees

Isabelle Landry
Communication & Change Management Solutions, Morneau Shepell

Every service delivered by Empathy Inc. demonstrates intentionality, skill, and thoughtfulness. Their work is driving significant conversion and engagement rates across platforms and delivering great ROI. The team is extremely flexible and responsive to requests and changing needs.

At Morneau Shepell, I lead the communication and change management solutions group. In that capacity, I am responsible for the marketing strategy for our virtual mental health solution. This includes both B2B and B2C strategies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Empathy Inc.?

As a traditional B2B enterprise, we needed to think differently to market our virtual mental health solution to the broader consumer market. Empathy Inc. helped us think through what a robust, effective B2C strategy should look like to ensure success.

Empathy Inc. is providing comprehensive digital marketing services, including SEM and social media strategies, content creation, and community management for Facebook and Instagram accounts.

We interact with three team members: a client relationship manager, an account manager, and a social media strategist/content developer.

How did you come to work with Empathy Inc.?

Empathy Inc. was referred by someone in our corporate marketing group who had previously worked with them. It was clear pretty early on that they were going to be a good fit for our needs.

The project started in early June 2020 and is ongoing.

Just over two months in, we are thrilled with the results of our SEM and social media campaigns. We are seeing great conversion rates and engagement with our social media content. We would certainly consider a longer-term partnership with Empathy Inc. beyond this initial stage.

How did Empathy Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

The account manager has been very responsive with social media community management, responding quickly, and ensuring our brand values carry through in all interactions.

They do an excellent job of being transparent about what’s going on at all times, keeping us in the loop whenever we need to make any decisions, and being flexible about the type of data that we need to track progress.

I expect high quality, strategic thinking, and pushback when our ideas are not suitable. Empathy Inc. has taken the time to learn about the solution and back up their recommendations with meaningful data.

On top of that, the team takes the time to help educate the extended project team, which demonstrates a great sense of partnership.  We’ve become better clients for these services because of the knowledge we acquired through working with Empathy Inc. This will help us going forward as we continue to expand our solution.

No, our experience has been completely seamless.

Nothing in particular other than trusting their recommendations!

We haven’t had any issues sticking to the timeline whatsoever.
    They are very competitively priced.