ISO9001 Quality Certified Mobile App Development

Elegant Media is an Australian mobile technology company that delivers business solutions. Our clients range from first-time entrepreneurs, government organisations to large-scale enterprise businesses. We use mobile technologies to start new businesses or improve the efficiency of existing businesses.

Our team consists of experienced Consultants, Strategists, Analysts, Designers, Developers, Project Managers and Account Managers. From the initial contact, you will have direct access to one of our team members who will work with you towards the successful completion of your project.

While being based in Melbourne, we have delivered projects throughout Australia – and we can make the required arrangements to deliver your project successfully regardless of your location. If you are a part of a large organisation, we can work directly with across teams to ensure the rollout of the final project is seamless.

Here are few of the services we offer,

• iOS App Development for iOS, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
  • Android App development for Phones, Tablets, Android Wear
  • Backend data management systems
  • eCommerce, payment systems and shopping carts
  • App marketing and social engagement
  • Custom software applications

Canberra 2609
  • 350 Rhode Island Street
    San Francisco, CA 94103
  • Sri Lanka

Australian Federal Government, Bendix, BeyondBlue, Australian Media Group, City of Bunbury Council, Australian Natural Therapies Association, Local and Regional Councils.

Customer-Facing iOS/Android App for Manufacturing Company

“I would recommend them to anyone who’s considering an app development company but doesn't want to spend six figures.”

June 2018 - Apr. 2019

Elegant Media developed an iOS/Android app that allowed customers to interact with internal technicians. With the app, users could access internal spreadsheets, store customer data, and look up information.

Digital Marketing Specialist, Global Manufacturing Company

The app is bug-free and users have responded favorably to the designs. However, Elegant Media failed to include all discussed features due to a lack of communication during the main development phase. Although the project took longer than expected, their competitive price and support made up for it.

I am a marketer at a multinational manufacturing company. We manufacture and distribute diesel and gas products. I am responsible for our digital marketing efforts.

For what projects/services did your company hire Elegant Media?

Our company did not have a mobile app as a marketing channel, and we realized it could be used as a value-add for our customers. We hired Elegant Media to develop a mobile app for both Android and iOS, as well as a backend.

We wanted to give consumers another channel for us to interact with them, and to align with our marketing message. We aim to have 5,000 downloads for the app by the end of the year, as our previous app reached that a few years ago. We anticipate the app will allow us to find more customers who use our product, and let customers know of the services we offer after they purchase their products.

We completed an analysis of the market, researched customer needs, and worked with internal stakeholders to define a workplan/brief. We then reached out to 30 suppliers across a range of prices, whom we found through services like Clutch.co and by word of mouth.

We shortened the list to 20 providers and asked for proposals, interviewing the top candidates based off of a range of criteria. These included price, location, local project manager availability, attitude of account manager, promised warranties and maintenance plans, and how well we thought they understood our vision.

The process involved myself and individuals from the company who had a range of experiences, from mobile app development and IT to accounting and customer insight.

The overall scope was to develop a simple mobile app for our customers and technicians to use when working with one of our products. We contributed a general outline of what we wanted feature by feature and developed a basic wireframe so that Elegant Media’s developers would understand our initial vision. We also provided guidelines (with inclusions and exclusions).

Their team was solely responsible for designing and developing the app. The main features included a lookup function, the ability to work with internal spreadsheets, and the ability to store customer information. They also added maps, contact us information, and a customer inquiry submission form.

We only communicated with the account manager and local project manager, so I’m not sure what their team composition was like or how many resources were allocated to us. But I know their developers were based overseas.

It is too early on to say if any metrics were affected by the app, as it only launched this week. But the general consensus seems positive. Users are happy with the look and feel of the app, and they’ve given some suggestions on its usability, which will be helpful when we improve for future renditions.

There are no bugs, however, a few things weren’t communicated properly, and Elegant Media is working to rectify that as I type.

Overall, they were fantastic during the beginning of the project, towards the end, and during the post-launch support. The only negative was the lack of communication. They had some challenges managing expectations during the central part of the project, which led to some significant delays towards the end.

In terms of tools, we only used email and a Google Sheets document to track bugs/changes. They were helpful with feedback and acted on it quickly. There were no issues with language barriers nor time differences.

Elegant Media is fantastic to work with, their price was competitive, and their designs were modern and up to standard, which impressed us. I would recommend them to anyone who’s considering an app development company but doesn't want to spend six figures.

The only area of improvement I can give is communication and scheduling. Unfortunately, some of the things that were discussed early on weren't provided in the final product. This is also a lesson for our team to be more vigilant in clearing things up. The timing also was much slower than anticipated and promised. However, the final leg of the project was over the Christmas period, so that is understandable.

Overall Score I would recommend them.
    The project was significantly delayed during the central part, but they have mostly made up for it with support.
    They offer a fair price range compared with the competition.
    They delivered fantastic work, and 99% of the app is functional. There were a few features that lacked common logic, but the project was good overall.
    They're very good to work with and very helpful.

Web and App Development for an Entertainment Company

"The end product was impressive."

Oct. 2018 - Mar. 2019

Elegant Media created a mobile application and website for an entertainment booking platform. The team built the app for iOS and Android, and the website using WordPress. The site and iOS app are live.

Peter Rogers
Owner, Easy Entertainment

Initial feedback is promising. Elegant Media’s skilled team delivered high-quality work. They provide crucial advice and take feedback in stride. Their responsiveness supplemented their professional management style. Elegant Media produces projects in a reasonable timeframe.

I’m the founder & owner of an online entertainment booking platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Elegant Media?

I went to Elegant Media with my idea for a mobile app and website.

Elegant Media developed the mobile app and website from scratch. I gave them a list of ideas, regarding how I wanted it to operate and what I wanted to be included. They added some insight on how to improve the products, but a majority of the direction was taken from my instructions. The iOS version and WordPress website are completed, while the Android version of the app is still in development.

We worked with Ray (Project Consultant, Elegant Media). Yawmini (Technical Account Manager, Elegant Media) was the developer for my account.

How did you come to work with Elegant Media?

I googled a list of Australian app and web developers. I gave Elegant Media a call, and they seemed to check all the boxes.

The project cost around $30,000.

We began working with Elegant Media in October 2018. The first set of products launched in March 2019.

Since we recently launched, we’re going through the marketing process. There were minor bugs we encountered during the testing phase, but that was to be expected, and we were prepared. We received positive feedback from users who’ve signed up so far. Our team is excited about the platform’s exposure in the world.

How did Elegant Media perform from a project management standpoint?

There was no set timeline. It was more of a back-and-forth. We didn’t go over budget. There were instances where I was busy doing other work, so I didn’t respond as quickly as I could. Their team was responsive and receptive. When I gave them information, the work would be completed in a reasonable timeline. We mainly communicated through email.

The end product was impressive.

We live on different sides of the country. Sometimes it’s hard to discuss objectives unless it is done in-person. There were a couple of times where there was confusion about what the scope was, but we got through that in the end. If I had a branch in my area, we could’ve done a few face-to-face meetings. But that’s the online world.

Customers should keep all data information requests in one central point whether that’s a spreadsheet or a form that tracks the status and expected timeframe.

Overtime Tracking System for Mining Company

“The cleanliness of the process and perfection of the final product really stood out.”

Dec. 2018 - Apr. 2019

Elegant Media created a web platform for a mining company. The finished product allows employees to apply for overtime shifts, which streamlines workflow for the dispatch team.

1,001-5,000 Employees

MMC Superintendent, Mining Company

The product recently launched but will save dispatchers at least an hour each day. Elegant Media managed the project well and had a transparent process. They maintained transparency through a testing site, and their communication never faltered.

We're a mining company. I'm the mine monitoring and control (MMC) superintendent. I oversee the dispatch system, our networking systems, and other boutique projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Elegant Media?

We hired them to help us build an app to allow employees to self-manage their overtime.

They built a web app. As our user base grows, we will expand to an iOS and Android platform as well. The app allows us to manage our 24/7 operations with four crews on rotation. We require regular overtime, which we previously managed through our mine dispatchers. It was a draw on time. The app allows us to upload overtime in advance, and allows employees to apply for available shifts. That way, we know who's coming, and they know what they're doing.

They had a frontend manager, a development manager, and a team leader. We interacted most with the team leader, and they had at least one other developer working on the project. We also spoke with a business manager about billing and contractual matters, and an elite developer oversaw the actual development.

How did you come to work with Elegant Media?

We did a Google search for app developers. They had good ratings, and their business seemed reputable.

We spent around $30,000 AUD (approximately $21,500 USD).

We started working together on early mockups around December 2018. We had a holiday break, but started back in earnest in early 2019. Our launch day was in early April 2019.

We've done some testing in-house, and everything looks exactly like we expected. I was impressed by how well it worked, and I couldn't find any bugs. It saves each of our dispatchers at least an hour a day.

How did Elegant Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very good project managers. They had a clear process from concept to finished product, and watching them work was quite instructive. They had a testing website where they posted the working model. We could log in, see their progress, and make changes. At any stage, we could see what was working and where the project stood.

The whole process was painless. We gave them the scope and had some early discussions up front. I've never had such an easy time with a developer. The cleanliness of the process and perfection of the final product really stood out. We never had any miscommunication or major changes. They scoped the whole project very well right from the start.

As helpful as a critique might be, I don't have anything they should improve.

Have a clear scope before you begin working. If you know exactly what you want and how it should look, it will make the development process run smoothly.

They were always on top of the schedule.
    They stayed within our budget, and they cost less than we anticipated.
    I would definitely recommend them.

App Dev for Community Lending Startup

“We've received a lot of positive feedback from customers and stakeholders using the app thus far.”

July 2018 - Apr. 2019

Elegant Media developed an app that allows lenders to post products so potential borrowers can connect and rent them out.

Queensland, Australia
CEO, Community Lending App

Although the app was just released, it's already received a lot of good reviews and even some interest from a stakeholder overseas. Aside from a few minor communications hiccups, their team was very proactive and professional throughout the engagement.

I'm the CEO of a community lending platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Elegant Media Australia?

I reached out to Elegant Media to develop our app.

Elegant Media developed our platform from scratch, implementing features that allow lenders the ability to post their products and for borrowers to connect with them to rent them out. Essentially, the app provides advertising and messaging capabilities, but a payment feature has intentionally not yet been incorporated.

I mainly worked with Ray (Project Consultant, Elegant Media Australia), who managed the project, as well as Yawmini (Technical Account Manager, Elegant Media Australia), who did most of the development.

How did you come to work with Elegant Media Australia?

I considered about 10 different developers and felt that Elegant Media offered the best value for the types of services we needed.

We invested about AUS$17,000 (about $12,000 USD).

We worked with them from July 2018–April 2019.

We've received a lot of positive feedback from customers and stakeholders using the app thus far. The app has already helped some Instagram influencers, for example, rent out certain products easily. We've also received some interest from an overseas stakeholder.

How did Elegant Media Australia perform from a project management standpoint?

We mostly communicated through email and by text messaging. They made it easy for me to make changes to the app and provide any feedback as iterations were made. I also met with them in person a couple of times; they're very personable and good about sitting down with clients to brainstorm as needed.

It's my first time doing a project like this, but overall I'd say I'm impressed by their professionalism the most.

They could improve their attention to detail, as there were a couple of instances when they entered some content in the app that I questioned. However, they were good about promptly addressing any concerns I had.

We had one instance of miscommunication that was neither their fault nor mine, so I think it's essential to be diligent and very clear in communications.

App Dev for Christian Game App

“I'm blown away by their ability to take our ideas and bring them to life.”

Aug. 2018 - Apr. 2019

Elegant Media developed a multiplayer iOS gaming app, contributing to some of the frontend design. They incorporated custom features including messaging and currency options as well.

Kim Orford
Owner, Kimicon Pty Ltd

Elegant Media created an app that's been very well received thus far. Highly communicative and patient, working with their team was seamless. They're both professional and approachable.

I'm the owner of Kimicon Pty Ltd, a company in the process of developing a trivia gaming app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Elegant Media?

We reached out to Elegant Media to help us develop our app, walking us through the process for the first time.

We provided Elegant Media with most of the design work, and they've developed the app from scratch for iOS devices and will eventually build an Android version. They've incorporated features including multiplayer options, virtual currency, and messaging between players. They've designed some of the backdrops throughout the game and provided other design input as needed.

I mainly work with two people, including a project manager.

How did you come to work with Elegant Media?

I researched a handful of developers online, but I wasn't impressed by most of them. Elegant Media, however, immediately made me feel very comfortable with their process and how they explained the technical aspect of the work.

We've invested around $16,000 AUS (about $11,370 USD).

We started working with them in August 2018 and we're just wrapping up the project now. We originally thought the development would take about five months, but it ended up taking longer because we didn't realize how the scope of work was going to evolve. They've been extremely patient with us and even stopped charging for services to wrap up some of the final stages that extended beyond the original timeline.

Their work has been very well received by everyone thus far. I'm blown away by their ability to take our ideas and bring them to life.

How did Elegant Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communications are amazing. We held a lot of Skype meetings throughout the engagement. They've been great about reassuring and educating me about the process from the start.

Their approachability and professionalism set them apart.

To be honest, I'd give them a perfect score on performance.

Development for Photo Media App

“Compared with other products on the market, they developed the app with exceptionally high standards.”

Feb - Oct. 2017

Elegant Media built a mobile photo editing app from scratch that enabled users to automatically crop images by selecting an object within the picture. Their custom algorithm would then frame it precisely.

Simon Miller
Director, Visualize

End-users praised the app for its seamless functionality and cropping features. The product also gained recognition in local media channels. Elegant Media took a methodical approach, producing a high-quality app that fulfilled all technical requirements.

I’m the director of a photo media app company called Visualize.

What challenge were you trying to address with Elegant Media?

We needed resources to create a mobile app that could identify objects within a photo and automatically correct the margins. While there are other apps with similar features, users can’t crop pictures as neatly because their fingers can’t draw a line around the margin.

We initially came up with the concept, and they developed the app. Once they came up with the design concepts, we would approve them and provide input about the required features. The app featured an algorithm that analyzed photos to identify objects. Users could then maximize the image and then crop it by tapping on the desired object.

They assigned a project manager who was also the tech lead.

How did you come to work with Elegant Media?

A friend who had worked with them before referred them to me. After three meetings with their project consultant, they came up with a prototype, and we asked them to move forward with the project.

I spent $110,000 AUD (approximately $75,000 USD).

Their work lasted from February–October 2017.

Since its launch, the app has gained several features in local publications. We’ve received really good reviews about the app, and people really like how it crops objects.

How did Elegant Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They worked using an agile methodology, providing updates every two weeks.

Compared to other products on the market, they developed the app with exceptionally high standards. The functionality runs smoothly and has never locked up.

iOS & Android App Dev for Community Organization

"There were no project management issues, and their communication was excellent."

2016 - 2017

Based on existing layouts and wireframes, Elegant Media developed iOS and Android apps. Both apps included a push notification system and a GPS functionality.

Coordinator, Community Organization

The apps offered an efficient, productive way to interact with large audiences. Elegant Media communicated clearly about the project, issued frequent updates, and delivered within the deadline. Their designs were clean and attractive.

I am a coordinator of a community organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with Elegant Media?

We needed app development.

The app was developed to facilitate interaction with the audience that participates in our community events. Our in-house design team provided some wireframes and layouts, which we passed on to Elegant Media. According to UX requirements, they came up with two changes.

The app has a GPS feature. We run about four events a year and can attract about 200 guests for one. When the audience arrives at the venue, the application sends them push notifications with more information about the event. The application also allows us to update our audience.

Initially, they developed the app for iOS. They worked on Android development the following year.

We were in contact with a project manager and a few business analysts.

How did you come to work with Elegant Media?

After we had already approached them, we found out that one of our committee members had worked with them. That referral helped us to choose Elegant Media. For the initial inquiry stage, however, we found them online.

We spent $28,000.

We worked with them in 2016 for iOS development and in 2017 for Android.

The application is really helpful. We still use it, and our audience is very happy with it. It's the primary way we engage with our audience. We wouldn’t have any engagement without the app, since we don’t do any email marketing.

How did Elegant Media perform from a project management standpoint?

There were no project management issues. Their communication was excellent, which was one of the things I appreciated most. They updated us every two weeks on their progress.

Their designs were amazing, crystal clear, and modern. Their pricing was good, and everything went well.

I would like to see a minimum amount of testing rounds. It took about three rounds of testing, but I would’ve liked them to test properly before they sent anything to us.

iOS & Andriod App Dev for Jewelry Store

“Our customers and independent network have all enjoyed the end product.”

Elegant Media replaced the previous dev firm, starting from scratch. They created three design concepts for a promotional Android and iOS app and implemented a unique jewelry animation technique.

Sydney, Australia
Marketing Manager, Jewelry Store

Elegant Media met all deadlines and maintained constant contact throughout the engagement. The app launched last year and has received positive feedback from users. The entire project was smooth and easy.

I’m the marketing manager of a jewelry store.

What challenge were you trying to address with Elegant Media?

We needed an iOS and Android app to showcase our jewelry. Our current developer wasn’t working out, so we needed a new partner.

When Elegant Media took over, we transferred the old agency’s work to them, which included wireframes and a design concept. They created three more concepts, though, and we decided to use theirs. The product is a promotional app, so customers can look at our products and send us an inquiry. I wanted to implement jewelry animation, and Elegant Media found a unique way to do that.

The account manager was my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Elegant Media?

We spent about a year looking for an app developer. Elegant Media was our second choice. We originally selected a different company but weren’t happy, so we returned to Elegant Media.

We spent around $30,000.

We worked with them for almost all of 2017.

I’m happy with the work they did. We participated in an annual jewelry conference and were specifically asked about our app. Our customers and independent network have all enjoyed the end product.

How did Elegant Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They met all of our deadlines, and their communication was amazing.

We were happy with the whole experience.

Hire them.

iOS & Android App for Emoji App Startup

“It was a good outcome.”

2016 - 2017

Elegant Media developed a paid emoji application for iOS and Android. They also helped out with social media marketing to jumpstart sales and visibility.

Don Wanni
Founder, Madface

The app that Elegant Media developed is well-liked by users who enjoy its user experience and design, images, and colors. The team delivered excellent project management through continuous updates and transparency in their task portal. They offer reasonable pricing for top quality work.

I’m the founder of Madface, an emoji app startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with Elegant Media?

I needed someone to develop my emoji app.

I had a couple of meetings with them. They understood my concept and came back to me with the requirement document for me to confirm. After I signed the proposal, they did the wireframes. I approved the wireframes and then, they developed my emoji app for iOS and Android. It’s a paid app. It’s now live.

They also helped me with social media marketing to get an initial boost.

My main contacts were with a project manager and a QA engineer. They had 8–10 people working on the project.

How did you come to work with Elegant Media?

They were referred to me. There are only 2–3 other companies in Melbourne that are in the market for app development. Elegant Media is on the top of the list.

I spent $37,000.

We worked together from 2016 until 2017. It took about eight months from the time of the proposal until it was available in the App Store.

I have no complaints. I initially thought their pricing was high, but I've talked to other people who have developed apps and found that my price was reasonable. Users really like the UX and the design in terms of images and colors. It was a good outcome.

How did Elegant Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was brilliant. They gave updates every two weeks. We had access to the project management portal to keep track of what was going on and how many tasks were being done.

They created a really cool app.

We went through two QA rounds. I like that they reduced the number of revisions at the last stage.

I highly recommend anyone who wants to start a mobile app. They are the right people to go to.

I would recommend them to anyone.

iOS & Android App for Sports Social Network

“I’m really happy with the engineering they’ve done.”

2017 - 2018

Elegant Media designed and developed an iOS and Android app for a sports social network. They integrated a messaging feature,which allows users to comment in real time, and provided marketing services.

Owner, Sports Social Network Startup

The app ranked first in the active sports category and received many positive reviews. Although time was lost in the design phase, the project was still delivered on time in the end. Elegant Media communicated well, but should focus more on advertising themselves, since they provide strong value.

We’re a sports social network.

What challenge were you trying to address with Elegant Media?

We needed someone to develop our apps.

We had the idea to develop an image-based social media app for active sports, like surfing. When people are out on the water, they can take photos and upload them onto the app. Elegant Media took our concept and came up with a plan to realize it for iOS and Android. They integrated a messaging function where people can comment on the image, so it’s like getting real time updates. They also helped us with a three-month marketing campaign to get the initial boost.

There was a project manager who dealt with the entire team, but we interacted with two people total.

How did you come to work with Elegant Media?

We found them through an online search and were impressed with their proposal.

We spent between $78,000.

We worked together for six months between 2017 and 2018.

The marketing campaign was helpful and we ranked in the top position in the active sports category. I get very positive feedback about how smart the app is. They did the engineering right and it performs really well.

How did Elegant Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Our communication was fantastic. We went one week past the design deadline, but were caught up by the time we finished.

Their client services and communication were excellent. I’m really happy with the engineering they’ve done.

They're a great company that provides good value for your money. They have to work on advertising themselves more in order to make their services better known.