Keeping You Tech Savvy

eGuide believes in helping small business with a technology-minded approach. We work with our clients to create efficiencies in their business using either their current technology systems or introducing and onboarding a new system into the fold.

We are a support system for anything digital including Web development and design, CRM and ERP systems, sales and proposal software, or cloud-based operating suites like Microsoft 365 and G suite.

We combine analysis and creative problem solving to present solutions that impact the business and avoid taking a one-size-fits-all approach.

Chicago, IL

Small businesses with 1 - 25 employees to nonprofit organizations with a similar scale. // Industry Scope: Arts & Entertainment | Accommodation & Food Services | Retail | Professional & Educational Services | Construction | Real Estate // Notable Clients: Root Port IT | Surge Institute | Paramount Catering

Consulting & Hiring Support for Event Planning Company

“I was busy running my business, and they made sure I considered the candidates that were the best fit for my company.”

eGuide Tech Allies acted as hiring consultants for an event planning company. They built a job listing, reviewed applicants, and were instrumental in the interview and hiring process.

Jen Henderson
Owner, A Fresh Event

The job listing that eGuide Tech Allies constructed attracted more qualified candidates. They took time to understand the business, and their process was focused and fruitful. They have a passion for small business growth, and they tailored their approach to suit the need.

We are a wedding planning company. I'm the owner and lead planner.

What challenge were you trying to address with eGuide Tech Allies?

I needed assistance to grow my business. I wanted to hire additional planners and expand as a company.

We first took a deep dive into my business. I wanted to work with people who aligned with my business model and had a similar mindset to me. They took time to get to know my methods and helped me through all the steps.

They helped me build the job description, gave recommendations on where to publish it, and guided me through the various applications I received. They gave recommendations for best practices in a phone interview, and they interviewed my top three candidates. I was busy running my business, and they made sure I considered the candidates that were the best fit for my company.

I work directly with one contact.

How did you come to work with eGuide Tech Allies?

I heard about them through other industry professionals. Based on positive referrals, they were easy to hire.

I've spent around $2,500-$3,000 on their services.

I started the hiring process around January 2019. I've already hired one person, and I'm about to send an offer to a second person. Now that I’ve hired the individuals I need, I'll still work with eGuide Tech Allies on systems, processes, and training.

I found the first hire on my own, but there was a definite difference in my second hiring process. eGuide Tech Allies wrote a very good job listing, which helped attract more qualified candidates. The second process was slower, but it was much more focused and, ultimately, more fruitful.

How did eGuide Tech Allies perform from a project management standpoint?

We don't use any special tools to manage the project, but they have introduced me to Trello. I used Google Sheets and Google Docs for training and procedural documents, but they're helping me transfer those documents and scripts into one easy location.

I really appreciate the time they took to get to know my business. They have a background in the event industry, which saved time. Their approach fit my needs, and their passion for small businesses helped me grow.

I can't think of anything they should improve. I've worked with other companies, but none of them did as well as eGuide Tech Allies did.

Know your needs at the beginning. I told them what I struggled with, which helped us focus on the project.

Consulting and Web Dev for Creative Artist Business

“He has become a person I know I can count on for advice on just about anything.”

Jan. - July 2018

eGuide Tech Allies provides a variety of business consulting and web development services to a creative company. They completely redesigned the site, consolidating the client's showcased services.

Loreer Hospodar
Owner, Reenie Rose

The web development work delivered by eGuide Tech Allies has allowed their client to increase the specificity of their services and refer clients directly to examples of their work rather than relying on social media. Their team is helpful and communicative, ensuring all questions are addressed.

I own a business called Reenie Rose and it’s a creative business that's primarily in the wedding industry. I do commission-based work like signage, calligraphy, and lettering for individual’s weddings.

What challenge were you trying to address with eGuide Tech Allies?

I started out looking to form a budget for my business for the first time, but as I started to work with eGuide Tech Allies, it became more and more about just developing the business in ways that I couldn’t on my own.

We started by developing a budget, and from there started developing goals and specific systems within the business. Gregory (CEO, eGuide Tech Allies) has kind of guided me throughout, helping to look more deeply at what was working and what wasn’t.

We’ve been able to expand aspects of my business such as rentals and shift my focus to vendor relationships to help build my brand’s presence. His help with those issues built trust between our businesses to the point where I asked him to help me upgrade my website.

I had a very outdated website; because of how scattered my business is, it had been difficult to put together anything cohesive. Gregory and his team sat down with me several times and we really combed through what was going to be the most logical and useful way to present my work. Now I can actually direct my clients to view all of those services and products on my site rather than just having it out in the world for SEO.

I work directly with Gregory for the most part, but Lauren (Project Manager, eGuide Tech Allies) has also been an integral part of my website rebuild as well.

How did you come to work with eGuide Tech Allies?

I heard about them through some of my colleagues in the wedding industry who he had worked with before. I liked that they knew the industry a bit but were also knowledgeable about other things, so I decided to start working with them.

I spent about $800 on the website redesign, but in total have probably spent closer to $2,000–$3,000.

We worked on the website from January–July 2018.

I think the biggest benefit to the website update has been that I now have a page for rentals rather than having to send my clients to a Pinterest board or my Instagram and hope they’d find what I was wanting them to look for. Direct access to everything in my inventory allows me to put a link in their email or otherwise direct people right to what they want, which has really benefited my ability to make sales.

How did eGuide Tech Allies perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate with a little bit of everything. For the most part, we use email, but if I need to reach them more quickly, I can always hop on a phone call, and we have regularly scheduled video calls for meetings to go over the website and other visual aspects of the business. They’re very straightforward and always keep me updated on things.

If I have a question or a problem, whether or not it’s really within their wheelhouse, they always do their best to solve it. Because of the friendship we’ve developed over time, I reach out with pretty much any business problem I run into. He has become a person I know I can count on for advice on just about anything.

I don’t have any specific improvements besides that I’m excited to see their business grow. They’ve streamlined their work a bit over time, and I think that they are continuing to do that all the time.

I would just advise that anyone going into an engagement like this have as much clarity as possible on what you’re really looking for to help you achieve the best results.

IT & Business Consulting for Wedding Events Company

"They've managed almost everything I've thrown their way incredibly well."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

eGuide Tech provides IT and business consulting services that have included CRM training and assistance with mailing lists and blog content.

Greater Chicago Area
Katherine Brown
Owner, Clover Events

eGuide streamlined internal workflows, implementing new technologies effectively and providing training. They've also improved the company's overall online presence and bottom line. Collaborative, organized, and proactive in their approach; they continue to be valued partners.

I'm the owner of Clover Events, a boutique wedding and event planning firm based in Chicago, Ill.

What challenge were you trying to address with eGuide Tech Allies?

I reached out to eGuide for some IT and business consulting services after recently starting my business.

Initially, eGuide learned how to use the CRM tool I preferred, Dubsado, optimized it for my business purposes, and taught me how to use it in the process. They also set up internal workflows and uploaded content to my site.

I now meet with their team each month to go over other projects they help me with, including a mailing list on MailChimp, blog, and other general technical issues.

I work directly with Gregory (CEO, eGuide Tech Allies), as well as Lauren (Project Manager, eGuide Tech Allies).

We probably spend about $500 per month on their services.

We've been working together since April 2017, and I now work with them on a monthly retainer.

Gregory was able to successfully hone in on the capabilities of the platform and effectively translate that information to me, streamlining my business workflow. They've helped improve my overall online presence, which has, in turn, helped attract new clients.

How did eGuide Tech Allies perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very organized and responsive. We track project milestones through Trello and Google Suite, which has helped improve the way I manage client tasks.

They're incredibly knowledgeable not just in their field of expertise, but in my specific industry as well. Their team has a lot of valuable expertise in technology, SEO, and other website tools that have been hugely beneficial to my business.

No, I can't think of anything.

Ask a lot of questions. If you don't have time to learn about a new tool or technology, don't assume that they can't walk you through it. They've managed almost everything I've thrown their way incredibly well.

Full IT Support for Food and Catering Company

“They’re all about providing superior customer service, so we never feel intimidated when asking questions.”

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

eGuide Tech Allies brought numerous outdated hospitality systems up to speed. They now train new employees on how to best use the technology in addition to providing ongoing IT support.

Jodi Fyfe
CEO, The Paramount Group

System improvements and technical training have refined the internal workflow, yielding a 10% increase in sales. With their strong technical background, eGuide Tech Allies brings a new way of thinking to the table. The team is reliable, and they respond promptly to all inquiries no matter the time.

I’m the CEO and founder of a Chicago-based hospitality group called The Paramount Group. We have a series of brands, including a catering company, a restaurant, a venue, a market, and a delivery service for fresh produce.

What challenge were you trying to address with eGuide Tech Allies?

We were looking for an IT firm that could bring all of our antiquated systems across all of our brands up to date and teach us how to use the software effectively.

eGuide Tech Allies provides complete IT support for all of our systems. After reviewing the software, they tweaked and integrated some of the systems with each other to improve our processing capacity.

Their team then educated us on how to best use our technology. Before, we were using our systems at a very basic level and weren’t taking advantage of the software’s full potential. Not to mention, we were still manually writing a lot of our processes. They showed us faster ways to navigate our technology, which made us more efficient when handling sales.

Currently, they’re supporting us on a new project to develop a POS system as well as an app system. They’re also responsible for training new employees on how to use our software.

We interact with a few people, including their project manager and CEO. Everyone is extremely proactive, and they’re always willing to jump in if we need support.

How did you come to work with eGuide Tech Allies?

I found them through our mutual network connections and heard great things about them. They had a strong understanding of the hospitality industry, which was an absolute requirement for us. So far, it’s been great to have a resource that can not only help us navigate the technology, but is also familiar with our work.

Their work started in August 2017 and is ongoing.

eGuide Tech Allies has been a complete lifesaver in bringing us up to speed, and the ROI is impeccable. By educating us to be more well-versed in our programs, they’ve streamlined our workflow tremendously, which has allowed us to produce more business. We’ve seen a 10% increase in sales purely based on their system improvements alone. We’re now able to process and move orders at a much faster rate.

How did eGuide Tech Allies perform from a project management standpoint?

I can’t say enough good things about them. They’re all about providing superior customer service, so we never feel intimidated when asking questions. At any given time, I know that I can reach out and have someone help me or walk me through something. They’ve assigned a resource to meet with us on site twice a week, but we can also contact them 24/7 by phone, email, and text.

Their response time is unbelievable. Compared to other IT companies I’ve dealt with, eGuide Tech Allies excels at teaching their clients. It can be hard for non-technical people to formulate tech-heavy questions because they don’t always have the background to explain their needs. In those cases, their team takes the time to listen and understand where we’re coming from, which enables them to better tailor their training.

No, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Just be open to their suggestions. When I brought eGuide Tech Allies on to the project, I had a set scope in mind with a defined timeline and end date. But, now, I hope to continue working with them for as long as we can. They’re able to process information differently, challenging us to open our eyes and think in new ways. This pushes us to be better and keeps us on our toes.

Overall Score They’ve become a part of our company. Our goals are their goals, and we share a sense of pride when they achieve something.