Stimulating Innovation

We specialize in building and maintaining web applications and process solutions for a little over 15 years. We also specialize in developing mobile applications, both Android and iOS.

Our team of ardent developers has proven expertise in developing great applications and software.

2002

1. Australian Cruise Group, Australia

2. GLX24

3.Victorian Mortagage Group

Gangplank

We have implemented the content hub application on Laravel & Angular frameworks as well as enabled elastic search for providing faster, accurate and demographic search results. Moreover, Individual slugs have been generated for each video available on the content hub.

Australian Cruise Group

We have migrated existing code to latest MVC architecture, ranged the existing database and features into new technology and modules including Customer portal as well as Call center portal.

Share Assets

We served the solution constructed on open source, technologies including Laravel, Angular, Node, Java, MariaDB database and the application is hosted on cloud AWS.

Multiple Solution Development for Management Consultancy

"eBizneeds has done exceptional work for reasonable financial remuneration."

Sept. 2016 - June 2017

eBizneeds built two complex, confidential sharing platforms for the construction and insurance industries. A flexible team of developers and QA testers used  Django, Python, and Java to build the solutions.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hussain Turki
Managing Director, HTM IT Consultancy

eBizneeds were as skilled and competent as more expensive competitors, handling client requests with ease and successfully launching both solutions with a 90% closure rate. The team was eager to improve, capable of delivering on time, and willing to learn about complex topics.

We are an 18-month-old small consultancy company that provides a range of services, including project management, business analysis, and application development.

What challenge were you trying to address with eBizneeds?

We had potential requirements for several administrative solutions. Two of our clients in Dubai needed confidential, sophisticated solutions for two different types of platforms.

As the solution owner, we act as intermediaries between customers on one side and providers on the other. eBizneeds has worked on two projects for us, both sharing platforms like Uber and Alibaba. One was made for the construction market, and the other was built for insurance.

I have a business background, so I cannot provide many technical details. The latest platform runs on mobile devices, and was made using Java, Django, and Python. They are sophisticated, detail-oriented products.

I haven’t dealt with the developers directly, only discussed requirements with the project and business leads. I’m sure that they have a team of developers and QA testers, but I don’t know the number of resources involved. When we needed more work, or needed to deliver something quickly, they managed to add more human resources.

How did you come to work with eBizneeds?

They were recommended by one of my partners, who knew one of eBizneeds’ clients. We talked to them and found that their background, knowledge, approach to handling projects, and value for money were right. After starting to work together, we saw exceptional results. We have continued the collaboration across two projects. I was lucky to come across eBizneeds, given that finding a reliable vendor is not easy.

The total cost was between $50,000 and $100,000.

We started working with eBizneeds in December 2016. Our first two projects have been closed, but we have another one in the pipeline.

It’s rare for an IT project, especially a software development project, to wrap up easily. We were lucky to bring ours to a stable level with around 90% closure.

How did eBizneeds perform from a project management standpoint?

They were committed. They delivered on time, handled details from the client side, and put extra effort to meet deadlines.

We used JIRA, PowerPoint, and Excel on our side for one of the projects, as well as another app for tracking and closing issues. We worked closely and had almost daily calls.

They have ambition and made an effort to reach out. The team may be in a small Indian town somewhere, but they maintained a presence by attending IT conferences in Dubai and having dialogues with me.

Although I’ve been in the insurance field for 16 years, eBizneeds’ team had zero knowledge of it. They weren’t shy about getting involved, learning about, and discussing the topic. The team took up the challenge and learned fast.

In terms of quality of work, there’s no difference between eBizneeds and some very big names we’ve worked with. To give an analogy, people talk badly about Korean cars, but they have all the features of a regular automobile. Our options were to go out and buy a reliable, advanced, technology-based Korean car like a Kia or a Honda, or pay three times as much for BMW and get the same result. eBizneeds has done exceptional work for reasonable financial remuneration.

I don’t know what their actual size is—maybe 30 to 40 people or more—but senior management is always on top of things. They attend all meetings, maintain communication, and ensure that everything is going smoothly. Bigger companies employ more managers, which can lead to blame games, so eBizneeds’ smaller size is an advantage.

They deliver well, but I see room for improvement on the documentation side. This is the kind of thing that clients always ask for, but never use. Still, I’ve recommended that they start using some templates for their tasks.

It always depends on the type of solution being worked on. Clients need to be involved with the process, instead of signing a contract, letting the developer doing the work, and making a review one month later. If we want something done properly, without any surprises, we need to invest time in weekly calls and use tracking tools like Jira and Confluence.

I’ve always believed in leaving room for improvement.
    In terms of application standards, they were very good.
    The fact that I’m using them means that I would recommend them.

Content Hub Application for Media Consultancy House

“Their strength was to be able to translate our needs into technology.”

Dec. 2016 - Dec. 2017

eBizneeds built a content hub application for a media house. They developed the architecture for this B2B platform for content trading of videos, graphics, images, and audio tracks in Drupal.

New Delhi, India
COO, Network 1 Media

The first 2 phases of the project are nearly complete and the platform functions well without any major issues. The team is flexible and comfortable to work with. They impressed with their ability to work well with a non-tech company.

I am the COO of Network 1 Media, a video news agency based out of India. We are a media house which does productions as well as provides content.

What challenge were you trying to address with eBizneeds?

We needed help to build a content hub application for our media house.

We launched a platform called Gangplank, which is a B2B platform for content trading. We used them to develop the architecture for the platform. At the moment, the platform trades in video content, but going forward, the platform is going to trade in single photos on Shutterstock for these geographies but with the emphasis being more on videos. It will have graphics and images going forward as well as audio tracks. We were sitting on a library of video clips already, and their team came in right in the beginning when we decided to launch this.

We had a few challenges. One challenge was video optimization. The other was transcoding, as in how much can be done on the fly. The third challenge was minimizing storage costs and bringing in efficiencies there. The fourth very important thing was designing the entire architecture to the sellers on the platform. The sellers are independent journalists, camera people, and production houses. The sellers and buyers on this platform vary and classifying them was a challenge. Another challenge was the right kind of search optimization, which we still need to work on. It is a customized platform and while it is hosted on Amazon Web Services, there is still some customization which their team did in consultation with my senior systems architect who designed it. They used Drupal for the platform.

I worked with 2 testers, 4 developers and 1 was the project manager from their team.

How did you come to work with eBizneeds?

My senior systems architect worked with them before on a couple of projects. He introduced me to them and the relationship worked well because he was comfortable with them and knew what their strengths and weaknesses were. This is one big reason that communication flow was fabulous, and we never had an issue. It worked out well for us.

We began working with them in December of 2016 and phase 2 is almost completed.

The fact the platform is robust and I have not had any major bugs or major issues shows the success. The client hasn’t complained. In the beginning, once or twice, the client got stuck on the verification process, but they fixed it within about 30 minutes which made it easy for me to tell the client it was working.

How did eBizneeds perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very receptive and flexible. We are not a technology company, and for them to understand what we wanted is a little more challenging than it would be when talking to a tech company. I felt they handled that very well. They understood that we are media and content people, and we were building a technology platform. Their strength was to be able to translate our needs into technology.

In terms of support, they are very prompt. We used Slack, JIRA, Trello, and Skype to communicate. We were on Slack daily, but we had Friday calls via Skype. The team is based about four hours away from where we are, and their project manager came to see us either once per 1–2 months.

A couple of things changed as the project evolved and they were very open to changes. That makes them very comfortable to work with because we know they have our back when things go a little haywire. For example, we suddenly found the homepage was not reflecting the changes. It was a minor issue, but for a non-tech company like ours, this was a huge issue. Within an hour, they very calmly figured it out and got it done. They make it easy to talk to them and get work done.

They need senior people at the top. They need people who can think and take initiative. If I tell them I want something done in a certain way, they say that is fine. However, I would like it if they could give different options and make suggestions if things can be done better in another way. Domain expertise and deeper skill sets are needed. My senior systems architect provided this but they don’t have that internally. He designed the entire architecture and they implemented it. They might not be the right team if it is a project where you need them to think for themselves.

They were very good with phases 1 and 2. However, as much as I would like to work with them and even though we have a good working relationship with them, I am not sure whether they have the in-house skill set to implement phase 3. There is a lot more complexity and there are more features needed to be built into the system.

Someone working with them should have their own senior systems architect. They are great at implementation but they are not visionaries or thinkers. If you know what you want, they are very good.

Overall Score I liked it and I would work with them again.