Senior Technology and Business Experts

We are a collection of former startup founders and engineers intensely focused on working with entrepreneurs to get their teams to the next major funding milestone. The speed in which teams can execute on desired milestones is the key ingredient to a startups success. We have a unique model through a network of early-stage capital and technical services to accelerate growth in a 6-12 months timeline.

Tampa, FL
    Atlanta, GA 30309
  • 101 S Tryon St, 27th Floor
    Charlotte, NC 28280

Development for Auto Industry Platform

"They really focus on every little detail to determine if it’s helping or hurting the UX."

Jan. - June 2016

E2Generations developed a lead generation application for auto dealerships. The primary feature is an automated email scheduler to facilitate customer contact.

Tampa, Florida
Founder, Automobile Platform

The app that E2Generations built was well-received, leading to a few stores piloting the application. Their responsiveness and ability to turn constructive (and sometimes delayed) feedback into implementable, on-time deliverables are hallmarks of their work.

I’m the founder of a company focused on lead generation, initially targeting the auto industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with E2Generations?

I felt like there was a market for an automated application to prompt follow-up from auto dealerships. I pitched the idea to the company I was working for. While they liked it, they suggested I launch it on my own. I needed someone to help me develop an automated email application.

The application supports an auto dealership by creating new leads based on previous customers that had not made a purchase. This step is often skipped because success rate might be only 3%. The solution inputs that information into a custom database, and automates the process of sending follow-up emails. The key feature of the database is the automation for range of intermittent times to send an email. The dealership sets up the application to send an automated alert to the customer via email after a specified number of hours, days, or weeks.

I primarily work with one of E2’s co-founders, but the other co-founder occasionally joins our calls to offer advice.

How did you come to work with E2Generations?

I was referred to them by a friend when I was working on a previous project. We really clicked because we saw things the same way. I really appreciate their ability to take a project from initial concept and develop it into something that we can actually execute. When I got some financial backing on this project, I knew I wanted to work with E2.

I spent just under $30,000.

We worked on this project from January–March 2016.

All of E2’s work is extremely solid. Right after launch, we had a couple of dealerships that were interested in pilot testing the solution. I also pitched it to the company I worked for. They really liked it and are piloting in a few stores now.

How did E2Generations perform from a project management standpoint?

They did an excellent job. Everything got done in a timely manner, and delays were minimal. There were a couple of decisions I had to make that I needed some time on, so I was probably more of the cause of any delay than they were. Since we’re on different coasts, we communicated by phone, email, and text. I appreciated that they were open to using whatever type of technology was most appropriate for the conversation. Overall, their communication was always on point. There was never anything going on that I didn't know about, or a time where I felt I wasn’t completely up to date.

I've had bad experiences in the past with other developers in terms of quality or work not being finished. E2 is very well-rounded and delivers the overall package. They really focus on every little detail to determine if it’s helping or hurting the UX. I always felt comfortable with the direction things were going. The skill of what they do and their communication ability is the reason why the final product ends up being excellent.

I think their main challenge will be scaling properly. As they get bigger, they'll need to make sure to continue to hire the right developers. They're really solid right now, so there’s nothing I would change.

Know what you want but also be open to their creativity. Even if you know what you want to accomplish, be open to how it happens. Have a conversation with them and get on the same page. If you have an open mind, it's a very good experience.

Overall Score Working with them is almost like having your own development team.
    Only once did they not hit our milestone, and they were off by a day.
    You're paying for good work.
    They're a well-rounded team.
    I have already recommended them.

Web App Dev for Game Development Platform

“Having E2Generations be an extension of our team has been pretty great.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

E2Generations assists a development team by providing backend server work for a web app. They customized the platform with a REST API written on Node.js to facilitate a third-party integration.

Baltimore, Maryland
Co-Founder & CEO, Development Company

While not yet complete, E2Generation's code appears to be of high-quality. They proactively engaged in the planning stages of the project to fully prepare for potential challenges. They’ve quickly acclimated themselves to the technology, communicate efficiently, and perform confidently.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of a game development platform. We provide the server architecture and API’s necessary for developers to connect their games to the cloud and start running user accounts.

What challenge were you trying to address with E2Generations?

We're a new business and are still in the process of rolling out our developer tools. Therefore, we often found it easier to take a hands-on approach and help customers set up their projects on our platform. We did as much as we could in-house but started to take on more projects than we could handle. As a result, we engaged E2Generations to help integrate some customer projects with our development platform.

They’re currently assisting a web development effort by customizing our platform to host a third-party project. When we first engaged E2Generations, we put together the scope and discussed the project with their team. Our goal was to align both team’s understanding of integration’s details. Kyle (CEO, E2Generations) spoke on the phone with me and the potential customer to clarify any tech issues or specific features that would need to be worked out during the integration. Everyone signed off on the scope of work and they began development.

Ultimately, they’re creating a customized integrating layer for the customer. It’s a REST API written on a Node.JS server. It’s a fairly straightforward project that’s nearing completion. We should be able to deliver it to the customer within a few weeks.

Kyle is our primary point of contact. He functions as the project manager but also does some development work. At least one other developer is working on our project.

How did you come to work with E2Generations?

They had a presence in our shared office space and we needed more developers at an affordable price. We were also in the middle of a round of investment, so the possibility of them contributing to that was appealing. Additionally, they had customers that could be a good fit for our platform. Overall, they seemed like a good business relationship to pursue from a strategic standpoint.

This project cost around $9,000.

We started working together in February 2018 and the engagement is ongoing.

My team isn’t developing everything themselves for once, so I’m pretty satisfied with how everything is going. Having E2Generations be an extension of our team has been pretty great. The project won’t be complete for another week or two, so it’s hard for me to offer detailed metrics. The code is sitting in code review for our CTO to look over. I glanced at it and it looks good. The final deliverable feels promising, but I can’t say definitively until the project is completely wrapped up.

How did E2Generations perform from a project management standpoint?

They stay on top of everything we throw at them. They’re usually in Florida, so we hold meetings over the phone or via video conference. We also communicate through Slack, GitHub, and Trello.

At this point, it looks like they were able to figure out the type of code we write and quickly progress the project. They seem like fast learners.

Not at this time. I’d be happy to provide an answer once the project is concluded.

I can’t think of anything off the top of my head. I’ll have to follow up on that too.

Software Development for Task Management Platform

“They’ll do whatever it takes to support their clients.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

E2Generation spearheaded the software refinement for a task management platform, enhancing the reporting and SI functionalities. They also tackled server issues and are currently simplifying the UX/UI.

Atlanta, Georgia
CEO, Data Analytics Company

Strategic design choices boosted the platform’s usability, generating positive feedback from internal stakeholders. Demo quality improved, and server overloads are non-existent. E2Generation communicated clearly, maintained transparency, and went the extra mile to produce strong deliverables.

I’m the CEO of a data analytics company. We created a real-time task management and high-level data analysis platform for hospitality organizations.

What challenge were you trying to address with E2Generations?

We needed resources to resolve our server issues and continue developing the platform by implementing innovative functions.

Although I can’t give too many details about their role to maintain product confidentiality, they served as our main development team and product manager.

Initially, they began to quickly identify and address our platform’s main issues before expanding its functions. The platform featured improved reporting capabilities and system integration. They also resolved our AWS server overload problems.

Currently, they’re working to improve the UX/UI. Their designer created the mock-ups, and they’re going through the screens to make the platform more user-friendly.

I worked closely with the lead developer and their product manager.

How did you come to work with E2Generations?

My husband’s team used their services for a project, so he referred them to me.

We’ve spent at least $50,000 thus far.

Work began in December 2017 and is ongoing.

Our updated system has more uptime, virtually eliminating server overloads. Our internal team has praised the platform’s usability and overall design. We’ve also noticed a marked improvement in our demo quality.

How did E2Generations perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve identified our priorities and organized them using various management tools including ZenHub, Trello, and Slack. I’ve also met with them in person in Tampa. This facilitates smooth communication and a strong sprint system. We review their work regularly to track the project progress, which helps maintain transparency and timeliness.

We appreciate E2Generation’s driven commitment to producing high-quality deliverables. They’ll do whatever it takes to support their clients.

Nothing comes to mind. They communicated well, so I have no complaints.

Customers need to understand their objectives and have their priorities aligned. This allows them to develop an effective plan of action.

I’ve worked with more expensive vendors who couldn’t match their caliber.

App AWS Integration for Medical Devices Company

"E2Gen is one of the most competent vendors in the market."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

E2Gen conducted discovery to understand the scope of the project. They developed functional software using Objective-C; improved UX/UI using JS, HTML, CSS; and are overseeing cloud computing integration.

Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Nathan Yoder
Head of R&D, owner, SOLO Laboratories, Inc

The updated UX/UI has improved user-friendliness and accelerated the manufacturing process. E2Gen's transparency, professionalism, and high spirits not only allowed for an enjoyable partnership, but also demonstrated their investment in high-quality results.

I am an owner and head of research and development of SOLO Laboratories, a manufacturer of custom orthotic devices. I oversee research and development and finance.

For what projects/services did your company hire E2Generations?

We required custom augmentation of a mobile app for 3D scanning, oversight and continued development of web-based cloud systems, and the technical resources to back the project.

We wanted a fully functioning and supportable app with smooth UX/UI.

E2Gen partnered with us on a previous project and was extremely competent at a reasonable price. I did not want to risk and delay the project finding another company and went with E2Gen's trustworthy work.

Provided with a base-line app, E2Gen interviewed us and compiled a comprehensive list of changes and features to be included in the revision. They developed functional software changes using Objective-C and improved UX/UI using JS, HTML, and CSS. Their team integrated the application with cloud commuting using AWS and continued to oversee the development. Throughout the project, we reviewed the changes and provided feedback.

The team of consists of 5-10 people managed by one point of contact.

Their improvements allow us to participate in our market in a more visible and economic way. The app's upgraded UX/UI increase the efficiency of our manufacturing processes and was more user-friendly. E2Gen deliver results that are in line with our expectations.

Their project management is very professional and responsive. They catered to our initial desire to use Google products for tracking and communication. Since then, they have guided us with tools such as Monday to construct and track various products.They housed all the code on bitbucket to be easily accessible. We never had to wait more than a day to meet with them. E2Gen managed with transparency and with little dependence on us.

They are a small family business with a great personality. I looked forward to our meetings as they have a sense of understanding and levity to make the experience enjoyable. They invested in the end results and not just the billable hours. E2Gen is one of the most competent vendors in the market. They are honest about what areas they have expertise in and offer alternatives options for projects they are less experienced in.

My expectations may be low due to inferior engagements with other vendors, but I'm having trouble finding an area for improvement. Perhaps, they could have recommended the transition to a project management solution sooner.

Overall Score There isn't much that they can improve on.
    They are always on time and I never had to wait more than a day to meet.
    Their cost is very competitive.
    They deliver what they commit to and don't commit to what they can't do.
    I would be happy to refer them to a friend.