Design and Development Agency

Dynamic Leap is a digital design and development agency that brings together beautiful design and technical excellence to develop amazing human interactions.

Our clients range from global enterprises like Carnival Cruise lines to publicly traded innovators like Mogo.  We’ve served some of the top startups in the hottest tech sectors today.  EdTech startup FreshGrade, founded by Lane Merrifield, is transforming our education system.  ShareSmart was voted one of the top 5 healthcare apps of 2016 by Engadget and ensures that doctors share patient images in a secure and compliant way.  Mogo is considered one of Canada’s top fintechs in what is a very well funded, very competitive tech sector.

2008
Vancouver, Canada

Philips, FreshGrade, Mogo, ShareSmart, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Doctors of BC, ShotLister, Lazy Meals, PROtect, Otsuka Pharmaceutical and Carnival Cruise Lines.

Android Mobile App Dev for Educational Learning Platform

"We could trust that they’d do the work well and quickly, better than other vendors we’d used in the past."

Apr. 2015 - Dec. 2016

Dynamic Leap helped build an Android app based off an existing iOS version. They also augmented internal teams to help with UI, QA, app store submission, and launching.

Kelowna, Canada
Senior Product Designer, Education Software Company

Dynamic Leap consistently had quality deliverables, on time. They were proactive in helping solve problems, and provided a lot of extra support. They exceled in QA testing, and their project management skills allowed them to work independently up until the internal teams were needed for launch.

We build software for teachers and the education industry. My role is a product and user experience (UX) designer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dynamic Leap?

We needed help extending our apps to the Android segment. Dynamic Leap had experience in this area, so we picked them to build an Android app based on our iOS one.

Dynamic Leap has worked on a couple of projects for us, the first one consisting of duplicating our application in a different environment. They took our code base, and reoriented the whole thing towards Android. This involved some user interface changes, which were done on Dynamic Leap’s side through a collaboration with us. We asked them to provide expertise in an area which our company was lacking.

The app is geared towards teachers’ workflow. They can create activities and assign them to students, who use their own version of the apps in order to interact with those activities, add content, and facilitate communication between the teachers and parents, all within the same platform. It’s a learning-focused online portfolio which tracks student progress over time.

I didn’t have a big involvement in the launch process, but I believe that Dynamic Leap helped us the first time. From then on, it became straightforward.

I’m not entirely sure how many developers were assigned from Dynamic Leap’s side.

How did you come to work with Dynamic Leap?

They were found by someone who is no longer working for the company. I believe that we put out some RFPs, and Dynamic Leap returned with a proposal which conformed to our timeframe and budget.

How much have you invested with Dynamic Leap?

The cost of their work was between $10,000 and $50,000.

We started working with Dynamic Leap in April 2015. The project concluded in December 2016.

Offering Android apps to our users was a huge benefit, but I don’t have any numbers for our success. We basically went from zero to our present standing.

Android users had been asking for an app for a long time, but it’s basically a port, with no functionalities specific to it alone.

How did Dynamic Leap perform from a project management standpoint?

They worked alongside our team in order to integrate everything. From my perspective, I found Dynamic Leap to be proactive in working with us to find and solve issues. Their QA was good, and they collaborated with our own QA people, making sure our bugs were addressed and the user-acceptance criteria was met. Dynamic Leap provided a lot of extra support, and allowed us to be hands-off until we came to the integration piece. Everything seemed to flow well.

We used JIRA and Slack to communicate. We started the collaboration with standups and weekly meetings, but found that we were having too much communication, so we restricted it to strictly necessary items. Dynamic Leap provided weekly reports which explained all the work they did, and the task breakdown. This was more than enough for us.

What did you find most impressive about Dynamic Leap?

The level of project management supplied was helpful, and allowed us to be more hands-off when we needed to be. We had our own things to work on, so Dynamic Leap’s members were left on their own for the most part. We could trust that they’d do the work well and quickly, better than other vendors we’d used in the past.

Are there any areas Dynamic Leap could improve?

I can’t think of anything.

Overall Score I really enjoyed working with Dynamic Leap’s team.
    The process was very good.
    I’ve just come from a meeting with our accountant, based on whom I’m giving this rating.
    I’ve had no issues with what Dynamic Leap delivered.
    I’d recommend them right away.