Simple And Clear Web Design For Service Businesses

Durham Web Designer is owned and operated by Larry James, a freelance web designer located in Oshawa, Ontario.  I build search engine friendly websites using WordPress. My clients are local contractors, plumbers, electricians, and skilled tradesmen. I develop clear and simple websites for them that are optimized for local search and lead generation. I also provide Google My Business listing optimization and ensure their data is accurate and up to date.

I also provide worry-free monthly maintenance, and updates exclusively for clients so they can focus on their clients and running their business.

Freelancer
Oshawa, Canada
  • 46 - 420 Bristol Crescent
    Oshawa, ON LJ 6M2

Durham Plumbing Services, Max Improvements, All Spa & Hot Tub Ltd, Ramos Garage Doors, Norwood And Associates, Lynch Group Mortgages

Lakeridge Electrical Services Image

Lakeridge Electrical Services

Website for a local electrical contractor located in Oshawa, Ontario.  Visit the live site at https://lakeridgeelectricalservices.ca/

Norwood And Associates Image

Norwood And Associates

A website developed for Norwood and Associates, a small business development company that helps small businesses with business coaching and development. The site is built on the WordPress framework and is fully responsive to mobile devices. Visit the live site at https://norwoodandassociates.com/

Duffins Creek Dental Image

Duffins Creek Dental

A WordPress website developed for a local dental clinic located in Ajax, Ontario. The site was using WordPress and Divi. To see the site live you can visit https://duffinscreekdental.com

Max Improvements Image

Max Improvements

WordPress website development for a local home improvement contractor. The site is fully responsive to mobile devices and features a photo gallery with high-resolution photographs of completed projects. Visit the live site at https://www.maximprovements.com/

All Spa & Hot Tub Ltd. Image

All Spa & Hot Tub Ltd.

A WordPress website I built for a hot tub company located in Oshawa, Ontario. Their website is mobile friendly and is optimized for local search. The site features a newsletter signup form that is integrated with their MailChimp account. Visit https://allspaandhottub.com/

Ramos Garage Doors Image

Ramos Garage Doors

Custom website built using the Divi Framework. The site is optimized for local search and uses schema markup code which helps small businesses appear more prominently in the local search results. The site is also fully responsive to mobile devices. Visit the live site at https://ramosgaragedoors.ca/

Durham Plumbing Services Image

Durham Plumbing Services

I have designed a website for a Bowmanville Plumber. Durham Plumbing Services provides plumbing repairs and complete bathroom renovations in the Durham Region. The site is a WordPress website with a very clean look and is search engine friendly.  Visit the live site at https://durhamplumbing.ca/

Web Dev for Hot Tub Cover Company

"I’d recommend Durham Web Designer to my own mother; I trust them that much."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Durham Web Designer recovered a hacked WordPress for a hot tub cover retailer. They improved its security, speed, and search rankings. The partnership is ongoing.

Oshawa, Canada
Mike Traboulay
Owner, Super Cover

Durham Web Designer has become the client’s agency of record for web security and development work because of their success. The highly experienced team able to convey technical topics in layperson terms. Their diligence has inspired a high level of trust.

I’m the CEO and owner of Super Cover. We specialize in heavy-duty hot tub and spa covers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Durham Web Designer?

I put together my own WordPress website, but I wasn’t as good as updating the plugins, especially for security. One day, I got a phone call where I learned that my website was hacked and no longer accessible. I needed help getting it back.

Durham Web Designer works on my site’s security. They first fixed my website. After that, they gave it a scouring using tools to identify where it can improve. For example, Durham Web Designer increased my site speed by identifying images to shrink. They also keep track of my rankings; they cleaned up keywords on my website and found search terms to target in my competitive industry. I now get two emails per month to see my analytics about site visits and more. I still have control over my website, but Durham Web Designer does the hosting, which is nice.

I just work with Larry (Owner).

How did you come to work with Durham Web Designer?

When my website got hacked, it included artifacts of images from an entirely different business. For the reason, nobody else wanted to touch my messed-up website. I was ready to sign up with a competitor of Durham Web Designer, but they dropped me after I signed the contract. It was a nightmare. Larry was the only one willing to work with me. Also, I’m a hybrid user so I already had my theme and wanted to retain control of my site after the project was done. Larry was the only one who accommodated that request but convinced me to put the site in his environment.

The migration cost $685, which was half the cost of other quotes.

The partnership started in April 2019 and is ongoing.

No one has phoned me with a problem navigating or accessing my website again. Durham Web Designer is one of our company’s fixed expenses now. If I knew how important security was for WordPress, we would have purchased Larry’s services on the first day. He hasn’t failed on a single project for me yet.

How did Durham Web Designer perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s simple: when I phone Larry, he answers. I like his hours; he works in the evenings.

I used to be an IT consultant so I can tell when people are trying to upsell me or don’t know what they’re talking about. Larry is very trustworthy and knows what he’s talking about. His personal image that he sends in emails is very trustworthy, and his tone of voice is just as reassuring. He talks like a normal human being, conveying complex topics effortlessly and with humility. He’s been around since the ‘90s working on GeoCities sites and has a blue-collar attitude that makes me feel reassured.

When I first was considering vendors to work with, Durham Web Designer’s website put me off a bit because of its simple graphics and style. However, I’m really glad I didn’t judge that book by its cover.

I’d recommend Durham Web Designer to my own mother; I trust them that much. I wouldn’t have a problem recommending them to anyone.

Overall Score They helped me at a time when I was really stuck.

Web Design for Home Improvement Company

"They’re a good company to work with."

June 2008 - Ongoing

Durham Web Designer designed and developed a company website. They continue to provide updates and SEO services to the client.

Toronto, Canada
Vince
Owner, Max Improvements

The team at Durham Web Designer is easy to work with. Their work increased the client’s web presence. They respond quickly to inquiries and come up with solutions.

I’m the owner and operator of a contracting company. We focus on home renovations, including bathrooms and kitchens.

What challenge were you trying to address with Durham Web Designer?

We didn’t have a website, and we wanted assistance in designing and developing one.

They built a website from scratch. We provided some content, such as photos, but they did everything else. Their team also provided an update after the initial launch to create a mobile-friendly version. Currently, they provide SEO services.

My main point of contact is Larry.

How did you come to work with Durham Web Designer?

My brother used them to develop his company’s website, and he recommended them to me.

I believe we’ve spent around $10,000.

The first version of the site was launched in 2010. They've continued to provide maintenance and SEO services.

I look at web traffic. Since I created a Facebook page and Instagram, we’ve gotten more visitors on the site.

It’s also easy for me to make edits to the site myself. For example, I update photos of our contracting projects. If I’m ever confused about how to upload a new photo, Larry walks me through it.

How did Durham Web Designer perform from a project management standpoint?

They had good project management. We primarily communicated via email and over the phone.

I love that they’re local to my area. They’re easy to communicate with and work quickly to find resolutions.

They’re a good company to work with. Larry is responsive and easy to work with.

Web Design for Dental Practice

"Larry is easy to work with, accessible, and able to make any updates quickly."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Durham Web Designer designed and created a website for a dental practice. They implemented relevant materials to the site and continue to update and maintain the platform.

Ajax, Canada
Ismael Dayot
Office Manager, Duffins Creek Dental

The new website has contributed to a growth in patients for the practice, with almost 40% coming from the updated platform. As a partner, Durham Web Designer provides a personalized experience. Combining local expertise with quick availability, they’re a strong team.

I’m the office manager for Duffin’s Creek Dental.

What challenge were you trying to address with Durham Web Designer?

We hired Durham Web Designer to design a website for us. Previously, we’d been doing our own website and we’re not very versed in the digital marketing world, so it wasn’t what we wanted.

Larry (Owner, Durham Web Designer) designed and built our website. We sent him our pictures, schedule, and a list of our procedures, which he uploaded to the site. Whenever we need to update or add anything to it, we can contact him to do it.

Larry is our main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Durham Web Designer?

We were looking at various companies, but some charge an exorbitant amount for their services. We followed a referral for Durham Web Designer from someone who had worked with him before. Larry made the most sense since he knew the market and didn’t push anything unnecessary on us.

We’ve spent between $1,200–$1,500.

We’ve been working with Larry since October 2018. The site was live by December 2018, but our engagement is ongoing.

We’re earning up to 120 new patients a year, and about 40% of them are coming to us from the new website.

How did Durham Web Designer perform from a project management standpoint?

Larry manages the project very well. If anything needs to be addressed, he’ll respond to our emails within an hour and help us figure out what to do. If we need something updated, he’ll be able to do it within a day or so. He also gives us weekly updates on how many people are visiting our site and fills us in on its overall performance.

We really value that Durham Web Designer is local and that his prices aren’t crazy. Some other companies were asking for $800–$1,200 per month and pushed different products toward us, but we didn’t need any of that.

After a year of working with Larry, it’s clear he understands what a company our size needs. Larry is easy to work with, accessible, and able to make any updates quickly. Since he’s from the area, he knows how to market everything on our site.

There's always room for improvement, but we’re really happy with Larry’s services.

Work with him; you’ll be happy. If you’re local, he’ll know the demographics and understand what needs to be done.