Melbourne's Video Production Specialists

Corporate Video Production company based in Melbourne Australia. Since 2001, Dream Engine has worked with businesses, government departments, and the non profit sector, helping clients to communicate their promotional, educational or training message more effectively.

With over eighteen years of video production experience and producing around 100 videos per year, Dream Engine creates work that provokes audiences to think and, most importantly, inspires them to act.

Choosing a Melbourne video production company is a big decision. You’re not buying an off-the-shelf commodity. Nor are you looking for a technician.

You’re entering into a long-term relationship with an expert to guide you and help achieve your goals. So you want to give yourself the best chance of choosing a video production partner that will be easy to work with, and deliver exactly what you want.

Most production companies focus on the wrong things...

They emphasise creativity and fancy equipment – rather than results. Of course, a creative, professional-looking corporate video is important. But if it fails to solve a problem or drive action, you have wasted your company’s time and money.

Dream Engine focuses on results.

The company has over eighteen years of experience in working with medium to large corporates, government departments, and the non-profit sector in Melbourne. We understand the responsibility placed on Marketing Departments, Communication Managers and Project Officers to select a video production company that can be relied on to understand your needs and deliver the right result.

Take the next step towards planning your upcoming video production.

Contact Dream Engine today to discuss your next video production.

2001
St. Kilda, Melbourne, Australia
  • Studio 1 1/149 Chapel Street
    St. Kilda, Melbourne, VIC 3182
    Australia

The Good Guys, IBM, Infosys, BBC, University of Melbourne, La Trobe Financial

The Florey Institute is the largest brain research group in the Southern Hemisphere. They concentrate their work on a range of diseases like Stoke, Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s and have made some huge scientific advancements in these areas. The Florey receives some funding through State and Federal Governments, but relies heavily on major philanthropic donations. The video was created to encourage major donors to

support the Organisation.

Thermo King Promotional Video

Dream Engine recently filmed a short video for ThermoKing, leaders in cooling and maintenance for buses. The video was designed to be played at trade shows and events where the story can be followed without the need for voiceover or dialogue.

Infosys Event Video

We recently produced this video for global technology company Infosys. The Company held their thought leadership forum, ‘Confluence’, in Melbourne. Our role was to capture a range of events, from people arriving and networking, to presenters on stage, and their technology showcase

Jewish Holocaust Centre Fundraising Video

This is one of the films we made this year that we feel most proud of: A fund raising video for the Jewish Holocaust Centre.

Industrial Video - Ronson Gears

This is an Industrial Video (4k) for Ronson Gears: a Melbourne-based company that manufactures machine components and gears for leading companies in industries such as aerospace, mining and agriculture. Our job was to capture what they do in dynamic, visual way for a home page video for their new website. We shot the video in 4K – which basically has four times the number of pixels as HD. So it looks really sharp and clear when

played at full resolution on a 4K monitor. It also helps to future-proof the video as we transition to 4k being the standard resolution for video. The result is an Industria video that tells the story of the production process – from the arrival of the raw materials to the factory, all of the processes they undergo to become gears, to the completed gears boxed up and ready for delivery.

Horseland Brand Video

Brand video created by Dream Engine for Horseland. Capturing the spirit of horse riding.

Case Study Video: The Florey

Dream Engine was approached by the Florey Institute to make a fundraising video. The video needed to educate viewers on what the Florey do, highlight the importance of their work and use emotion to drive donations.

Dream Engine Corporate Video Showreel

When you choose Dream Engine, you’re choosing a video production partner with a strong track record of successful results.

Once we’re working together, you’ll have theconfidence of knowing that your important project is in the hands of one of Melbourne’s most trusted and experienced video production companies.

Video Creation & Production for Australian Dementia Org

"I found the editing process quite extraordinary."

Mar. - Apr. 2020

A dementia research organization hired Dream Engine to create a video that communicates information about their goals and research. They were involved in all aspects of production.

Melbourne, Australia
Amanda Place
Manager Communications & Media, Australian Dementia Network

The video exceeded expectations. Internal feedback has been positive with viewers calling it inspiring. Their team’s focused consultation, filming, and editing makes engagements seamless and productive. Customers can expect a personable team that puts the right amount of effort into their work.

I’m the manager of strategic communications & media at the Australian Dementia Network. We’re a government-funded organization that oversees all dementia research and care in Australia. We work with clinicians, medical researchers, the government, and many other health professionals that look after people with dementia. We make a point of including consumers and families in the decisions we make and the research we conduct.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dream Engine?

I wanted to communicate with a wide and general audience about the work that’s being done. We feel a real obligation to report to taxpayers how we’re using the money that we’ve been given. A video seemed like a nice way of communicating complicated information.

I’m not fluent in filmmaking, so I relied on Ryan (Founder) to come in and crystalize the idea. We had a long meeting to finalize the concept. After a few days, he called me with a few coherent ideas about where the video should go and what should be included. I wrote a script, and after he read it, he said it was too long because the video should be between two-five minutes.

After taking that feedback, I edited the script until he thought it was sharp. Then, we started talking about what footage we needed. Ryan came up with ideas for the b-roll, and I knew the talent we needed. We then decided on the order everything would be shown to make sure we were telling a lovely story.

It was mainly Ryan, but he brought a few people along during filming.

How did you come to work with Dream Engine?

I had seen Ryan’s work previously. I held a big event a few years ago with a member of parliament. It was an emotional event with a large audience, with many concerned about dementia. We were all thrilled with the way the event went and I was pleased the minister had brought along a film crew. After a few days, the film arrived, and it was superb the way they had captured the emotions of that day.

I was amazed by the feelings and energy captured. The video included a range of interviews that added to the compelling feel. The lighting and mood was so atmospheric and sensitive.

We worked on this latest project from March­–April 2020.

The video they made created a sense of emotional engagement. I’ve shown it to 23 people on our management committee, including a range of academics who like to edit things, and they’re all thrilled. Many of them said it was inspiring.

During the process, the professors kept sending it back to me for further edits. I really thought I was pushing it, but everything Dream Engine did was with a smile. Their team was generous with their time and effort.

How did Dream Engine perform from a project management standpoint?

There’s a calmness about the way they work. Throughout the engagement, we had a few in-person meetings and communicated through email towards the end. On the day of filming, I was very revved up while they were focused. A couple of times, I tried to intervene, and Ryan gently made it clear that he had it under control. I appreciated that he was strong enough to be assertive and gentle in his command of the shoot.

He also related beautifully to the patients. There were a few people with dementia who were interviewed, and his calm demeanor made them feel very comfortable quickly.

I found the editing process quite extraordinary. I was there for each shoot and couldn’t envisage how well it would come up. The lights, the audio, the music, and the way it was cut. Everything surprised me in a lovely way.

No, I’m very happy with what they did. I genuinely can’t think of anything.

Meet with Ryan and be open to new ways of filming and different storylines. Allow Ryan to guide you and use his expertise to produce something spectacular. On the day of filming, trust that you’ve organized everything well so that he can do his job.

Video Production Support for Creative Agency

"We have a fantastic friendship and working relationship with their team."

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Dream Engine produced multiple videos for a creative agency. The team shot and edited both a stock video for a convention and a more complex video, which they co-directed with the client.

Melbourne, Australia
Adrian Elton
Owner, Adrian Elton Creative

The videos exceeded the expectations of the internal team and their third-party client, leading to further work for Dream Engine. The professional team communicates effectively to ensure both teams remain on the same page throughout the process. They are attentive, personable, and talented.

I’m the owner of Adrian Elton Creative, an advertising and consultancy firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dream Engine?

I needed a video specialist to work on projects from health conventions to more complex production projects.

For the convention, they put the video together to match the look and feel of the advertising campaign visuals I had created for the client. They edited the video and inserted animated text, producing a high-end stock video without audio.

By contrast, the most recent project they’re working on is quite complex. It’s a lot of footage, obtained from interviews, and they are co-directing it with me. They are also editing and generating it from the get-go. The team has been heavily involved in developing script and content.

Our main point of contact was Ryan (Founder & Managing Director, Dream Engine). There was an editor, as well.

How did you come to work with Dream Engine?

Ryan and I have collaborated over the years on various projects. I’ve known him since university.

Our ongoing engagement with Dream Engine began in February 2018.

These projects aren’t the type to have the usual metrics or feedback. However, the client has returned for updates to the video which indicates satisfaction and a quality product.

How did Dream Engine perform from a project management standpoint?

Ryan is very communicative and the consummate professional. We have a fantastic friendship and working relationship with their team.

They really deliver fantastic results! They are the company to go to for documentary or corporate videos, especially when aiming for a ubiquitously contemporary and unique feel.

No, everything was great.

Overall Score hey are very comfortable to work with.
    Absolutely!