Cinematic video with a strategic plan to use it

The quality of your content reflects the value of your brand. Distillation Studios provides cinematic quality video and a strategic plan to use it. We are a Cleveland, Ohio based video production company specializing in cinematic and creative solutions for branded content, commercial advertisements and digital marketing. We distill your vision down to it's purest form.

2019
Strongsville, OH
  • 19994 Shenandoah Ridge
    Strongsville, OH 44149

Foote Printing, Coventry Village, Goldwater Mortgage Bank, MTA Lines, Dreamhouse Marketing

A sampling of some of the work produced by Distillation Studios in it's first year of business.

Branding Video - Goldwater Mortgage Bank

This is part of a series of branding videos filmed and produced by Distillation Studios in association with Dreamhouse Marketing.

A live performance by Brian Bacon, captured and edited by Distillation Studios.

Foote Printing Branding and SEO Videos

This branding video was used in conjuction with service specific videos for Foote Printing's website in order to boost their SEO and acquire more leads.

Dreamhouse Marketing Content Videos

This video is from a series of content videos produced for and in association with Dreamhouse Marketing

MTA Lines Promotional Video

This is a short promo video for freight forwarder and customs house broker Midwest Transatlantic Lines.

Promotional Video Production for Bank

"They were easygoing and communicative, providing whatever we needed."

Oct. - Dec. 2019

Distillation Studios created a video for a bank. They collaborated on creating the script according to the client’s vision and values and handled the filming at locations and post-production editing.

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Stanislav Tsiperson
Branch Manager, Bank

The video satisfied the client, as it represented the business’s personality and goals. Ensuring the process ran smoothly, the Distillation Studios team was easy to work with, adhered to all deadlines, and prioritized making any requested adjustments.

I’m a branch manager of Goldwater Mortgage Bank.

What challenge were you trying to address with Distillation Studios?

We hired them to put together some fun, promotional videos.

We explained to them what we wanted to promote about our company and gave them an outline of our values. They put together some scripts and filmed in different locations. They edited the videos and put together the final deliverables.

About 4–5 people worked on the project.

How did you come to work with Distillation Studios?

They were recommended to us by someone who we use for marketing support.

We spent a couple of thousand dollars with them.

We worked together from around October–December 2019.

They did an awesome job. The videos captured our personalities well and they adjusted to our vibe. They put together exactly what we were looking for; the videos were awesome.

How did Distillation Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very efficient. It was my first time doing a project like this, so I thought they did everything in a timely manner even when I needed to change things around or make adjustments. They were easygoing and communicative, providing whatever we needed.

They improvised very well whenever needed.

They could have communicated what to expect a little bit better.

Be very detailed about what you want. Allocate the entire day for production and filming.

Video Production for Digital Marketing Firm

"They were good with ideas, hit their deadlines, and the finished product was fantastic."

Nov. 2019 - Mar. 2020

Distillation Studios produced a branded video for a marketing firm’s client, looking to earn more customers. They helped at all stages, including the storyboarding, shooting, and editing the footage.

Akron, Ohio
Mike Gleba
CEO, One 10 Media

The video contributed to making the sales funnel incredibly successful for the client, so the project was productive. The team at Distillation Studios was available, insightful, and incorporated ideas well into the product. Their cost-conscious, speedy work was highly valued.

I’m the CEO and founder of One 10 Media. We do various online marketing services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Distillation Studios?

We needed a video to put at the top of a cold traffic funnel. We had created a landing page for a project in the real estate space and wanted to drive traffic to it, so we wanted the video to go at the top of the page.

They came up with the storyboard and ideas based on what we were trying to do. They used some footage around the area, the brand, the owner, and other content to create a compelling video to convert traffic on the page. They compiled footage of different things to create the final product.

Two people from their team worked on the video. Remy (Co-Founder) was who I was in contact with.

How did you come to work with Distillation Studios?

We’d known each other for years and I was familiar with his work. It was an easy decision for me because I knew he was a hard worker and his price would be reasonable.

Over the course of our relationship, not just for this video, we spent around $10,000.

I’d say we worked together from November 2019–March 2020.

There are so many elements that go into the success of the project, like the copy, the web page, etc. However, the funnel we built with the video they delivered was one of our most successful lead generation funnels that we’d built. The video had a big impact on that.

How did Distillation Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They were really good. Remy was great at getting ahead of things and establishing good deadlines. He was able to rein everyone in and communicate well. Their project management was really good.

Their cost was extremely reasonable. Sometimes, when we bid these things out, there is sometimes crazy variance but not with them. I know they were a fair team. They were a pretty small company, so hiring them meant the owners helped, too, and we didn’t get lost in a sea of people. They were good with ideas, hit their deadlines, and the finished product was fantastic.

No, there’s nothing more we could have asked them to do better.

There can be a lot of moving parts in video, so the finished product could be anything. They are great with ideas and storyboarding, so be clear about your storyboard and the end results that you desire. Let them add their ideas based on their knowledge and let them take it from there.

Commercial Video Production for Printing Company

"Their work legitimized some of our pages and helped our ranking on Google."

Nov. 2019 - Jan. 2020

Distillation Studios produced commercials for a print company. They worked on the scripts, prepared the shoot, and edited the final footage together into three cohesive videos.

Cleveland, Ohio
Michael Duhr
Co-Owner, Foote Printing

The well-performing website began to see even more traffic after the release of the videos, and Distillation Studios was a key part in helping the client appear more professional. They worked well throughout the process and were encouraging, empathetic, and skilled partners.

I’m the co-owner of Foote Printing, a commercial print company that does design, printing, and mailing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Distillation Studios?

We were doing some blogs and videos with another company to grab Google’s attention and get more business, but what we didn’t have was any overarching videos about our company. We hired Distillation Studios to create a commercial that covers our company’s services.

We wanted the commercial to tell our story and place it on our home page. They came in and wrote the scripts for us. They prepared everything and walked us through the process, including helping us memorize the lines and we went through each line at a time. They then pieced everything together so it sounded like one fluid shot. They created three videos for us in total.

Three people from Distillation Studios worked with us.

How did you come to work with Distillation Studios?

I’m friends with Remy (Co-Founder) and had seen some other things he did online. I thought his work was very professional and good, so they seemed like a perfect fit.

We spent between $2,000–$3,000.

We worked together from November 2019–January 2020.

We were already getting a lot of hits on the site, but I do think we saw a slight uptick. Their work makes us look a little bit more professional. A lot of people really liked the videos and they share them even more than the other, less professional-looking videos we’ve created. Their work legitimized some of our pages and helped our ranking on Google.

How did Distillation Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very capable. They broke the process down and walked us through each stage.

Their price was affordable and the quality was higher than their competitors. We’ll work with them in the future when we want more videos. They were friendly working with some complete amateurs on camera.

No, I had no problem.

Prepare to be on camera and get ready for it, because that slowed the process down for us.

Video Production & Branded Content for Marketing Agency

“Anybody can shoot a video, but they accurately capture who these clients are.”

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Distillation Studios handles video production services for a marketing agency. They've produced several videos for the partner and their clients. The videos have ranged from instructional to testimonials.

Cleveland, Ohio
Mallory Phillips
Founder, Dreamhouse Marketing

The partner has seen an increase in engagement and traffic from the videos. Distillation Studios effectively captures brand identity and clarity as well as messaging. They're receptive to feedback and provide helpful professional insight. Punctuality and communication are hallmarks of their work.

I’m the founder of Dreamhouse Marketing, we’re a branding and marketing agency. I do a lot of creative oversight for all of our branding projects as well as all the management of our marketing strategy and consulting.

What challenge were you trying to address with Distillation Studios?

Most of my clients are nonprofits, small businesses, and artists. In working with them on their branding and marketing, a lot of them need to have a better opportunity to tell their story. I specialize in doing that, but I didn’t have internal team members who could create videos to bring that visual and emotional component to the work I do. Distillation Studios allowed us to add a more dynamic element to our agency.

We’ve done many projects with Distillation Studios. I’ve used them on my own marketing and created branded content. This included top-of-the-funnel videos where we shared information and resources about effective marketing strategies. This was executed through a series of four videos presenting marketing tips and how-to information.

In another project, we created brand and testimonial videos for one of my clients that’s a mortgage bank firm. The videos shared how their firm does things differently as well as the personal stories that led them to want to help their communities. We shot with their families, in their homes, and in their communities. These beautifully emotional videos highlighted who these people were and how they do things in a unique way.

In these types of projects, I do preliminary branding work to gather the information that I then provide to Distillation Studios. Their team brought in video inspiration and thoughts that allowed my client to visualize and connect with the vision.

I’ve worked with four different members of their team. My work has primarily been with Brian (Co-Founder) and Remy (Co-Founder), but I’ve also worked with a few others during the video shoots.

How did you come to work with Distillation Studios?

I’ve known Brian as a friend for several years. As he started getting into videography, we talked about ways to collaborate. Once I saw his work, they were the obvious choice. Our values were aligned and we both wanted to create and have an authentic relationship and communication. I knew they’d be a good fit for my clients.

We’ve invested about $18,000.

Our ongoing engagement started in October 2018.

Marketing videos are at the top of the game so creating high-quality videos that capture my clients' stories has changed everything about the way we do marketing. The internal four-series videos looked like my brand in that they had a lot of personality and shared who we were. They also effectively communicated great skills and resources to people.

I’ve seen a 75%–125% increase in engagement on the content we share from my clients in comparison to the other videos and photos we share. Distillation Studios’ videos perform very well on social media. The websites we’ve used their content on have also had a lot more engagement and conversion.

I’ve seen a lot of brand awareness and brand clarity through the videos we’ve created together. A lot of their work has helped brands who have had an unclear idea of who they were. Distillation Studios helped these brands solidify who they were for themselves and their audience as far as what their messaging and offerings are.

I’ve continuously seen them communicate the messaging that my clients have. Anybody can shoot a video, but they accurately capture who these clients are as well as how beautiful and unique their stories are — and that’s what I really wanted. Their professional insight has been excellent.

How did Distillation Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication has always been great. There’s never been any ambiguity as to project status or deadlines. Distillation Studios always follows their timelines and has never been late. Their team sends drafts that provide the idea of the project and then ask for feedback. They’re receptive to feedback and incorporate it into the final product. There have been 3–4 times when I’ve been in a time crunch and they’ve pulled something together very quickly. They’re reliable.

Brian and Remy are great at communicating to a specific audience. They’re very receptive to our input.

Scheduling has been one of the challenges we’ve had because sometimes, they have other commitments or day jobs. Figuring out when to do the shoots has been a challenge but that’s the only real struggle we’ve had.

Have a clear vision and know what you want to communicate and why. If your organization can express your question and why you want to create this video to your audience, Brian and Remy will nail that for you. In order to maximize your engagement, follow the best practices for sharing videos.