Search Marketing for Enterprise Brands

On average, we increase your organic traffic by 135%, decrease your cost per acquisition by 32%, and increase inbound lead volume by 84% - all in the first six months.

Irvine, CA
  • 156 2nd Street
    San Francisco, CA 94105
  • 15 Bishopsgate, Floor 6,
    London, LND EC2N 3AR

Clutch.co, Cisco, Samsung, WestRock, Pelican Products, Allstate Insurance Company, Cherwell, SentinelOne (cyber security), Ultimate Ears (Logitech company), Xactly (SaaS), Tencent, Web.com

Data & Email Security Landing Page Image

Demo Landing Page

Live Chat Demo Landing Page Image

Live Chat Demo Landing Page

SEO and Facebook Campaigns for Legal Document Company

"They are certainly a driven and passionate group that goes out and gets results quickly."

2014 - Ongoing

Directive Consulting originally provided a legal company with SEO work, and was later rehired to manage a Facebook marketing campaign.

Irvine, California
President, Legal Document Company

The initial organic SEO engagement provided by Directive Consulting was a success, and their Facebook campaign showed promise in the initial stages. The team's technical knowledge and skill made them an excellent partner and candidate for future work.

We provide assistance for legal documentation.

I am the president of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Directive Consulting?

We wanted to launch a Facebook advertising campaign.

Directive provided Facebook advertising services for us.

How did you come to work with Directive Consulting?

We'd used them in the past for SEO [search engine optimization] work, which we stopped due to budgetary reasons. We were pleased with the work done by Directive, so we called them back.

The current project cost is confidential.

The project was short term. After the setup done by their team, we've taken over the campaign ourselves. If it pays off, we will circle back to them and do more work. We've worked with Directive for a total of four months combined for our Facebook advertising and SEO work, during a period of around two years.

Directive is great to work with, very helpful and responsive. Our experience has been positive. I love their passion and technical knowledge, they are a young and vibrant group. We've only engaged in Facebook advertising for a week, so it's too early for meaningful metrics.

How did Directive Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

I can't comment too much yet on project management. They are certainly a driven and passionate group that goes out and gets results quickly.

What distinguishes Directive Consulting from other providers?

They're simply great to work with.

Is there anything Directive Consulting could have improved or done differently?

With Facebook, we were hoping to start an automated campaign targeted at the people who had clicked on our ads, but we found out that this wasn't possible. We now need to either do this manually, or hire Directive later on. Had we known this, we would have changed the project specs in the beginning.

They aren't cheap, but they get results, so I think the value was strong. It was hard to justify the expense until we saw results.

Digital Marketing for Electrical Engineering Company

"The accessibility and customer service they provide are excellent."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Directive Consulting provided organic SEO, pay-per-click management, social media marketing, and some technology and strategy consulting to an equipment manufacturer.

San Jose, California
CEO, Electrical Engineering Company

Following an initial review, Directive Consulting produced a 15% increase in organic SEO traffic and lowered cost per acquisition by 50%. Their small team frequently required input from internal staff, but earned praise for their breadth of expertise and eagerness to learn.

We manufacture test and measurement equipment, namely devices that monitor signals on wired protocol buses. We work with standards like I2C, USB, and others. These are things that a normal, everyday consumer wouldn't know about, even though they're found in everyday life.

All off the devices that communicate wirelessly with an Apple product are powered through USB. A car has five or six CAN buses in it. SPI is a language used to program every type of flash memory a user may have interacted with. We sell our products to electrical engineers. Our market is highly technical, with maybe only one million people worldwide.

I am the Chief Executive Officer of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Directive?

We wanted to improve our natural conversion rate on paid searches, and also improve the total number of visits to our sites, spending as little money as possible in the process.

Directive provides organic SEO and strategy work for us. They also handle our pay per click work, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter marketing. I have a bias with regards to social media expenses, based on my past experience. Directive is trying to convince me otherwise by obtaining results.

How did you come to work with Directive?

A manager in our company was in charge of looking at available agencies. I got the number down to a top three. I interviewed each one, looking at the breadth of their service and attitude. The agency we'd worked with in the past gave me the impression that we were being taken for granted. They stopped coming in with new ideas, as opposed to Directive. They come up with a lot of ideas and are willing to tell me if they're unsure if something will work or not.

The cost of their services is in the six figures per year.

I started working with them on January 1st, 2016.

I'm beginning to see preliminary metrics which are showing me that my SEO is way up. During the last month, I received 20,000 organic visits, which is 15% better than any other month before that. On the pay per click side, the cost per conversion has been driven down by well over 50%. I think that this is quite remarkable and due to Directive's work. I now need to reallocate those funds to even more of the same work. My aim is not to save money, but to get more sales.

The process with Directive started off with a comprehensive review, which took a month. During that time, they didn't do anything significant from an activity perspective. They then agreed upon an action plan. Directive has a breadth of skilled people, including individual specialists for pay per click, SEO, engagement management, blog writing, social media marketing, and initial investment strategy. They're a relatively small company, but are big enough to have specialized resources in what they do. They've been also willing to help with technical issues with my site, including WordPress items.

Their latest recommendations had to do with user interface [UI] changes within the website aimed at enhancing searches and user comfort. I wouldn't have taken their advice about the UI unless I was reasonably certain that Directive was starting to learn what my particular audience was. They're as full-service an agency as my company can afford. I fall within the 8-10 million dollars per year slot. In my case, going to a non-full-service agency would have left me with many shortcomings. I do most of my advertising through a different company, but the SEO, pay per click, social media work, ghost writing blogs, and assessing our technology has all been handled very well by Directive.

How did Directive perform from a project management standpoint?

They're focused on getting the job done and it's very easy to get a hold of them. There was never an occasion in which I had to wait for a day or more for a response to an issue.

What distinguishes Directive from other providers?

I can contact their owners directly and they'll get back to me within the hour. The accessibility and customer service they provide are excellent.

Is there anything Directive could have improved or done differently?

They're a small company, which entails some specific challenges. They don't have a multitude of SEO experts that can bring different views to an issue, and they don't have specific expertise with regard to my technology. They're an agency trying to learn embedded systems, which is a market that encompasses a million engineers worldwide, out of a population of seven billion. A bigger company would be more likely to find someone familiar with this space, allowing me to not invest as much time in things like finding the right keywords.

Having worked with a couple of agencies during my thirty year career, I can say that Directive is pretty self-sufficient. My last agency was much needier regarding the time they demanded. With Directive, I can explain something once and they will come back to me with a comprehensive plan.

Initially, I considered them to be expensive. Directive is twice the cost of my previous agency. Now that I've used their services for a while, my mind has changed.
    There has been nothing that Directive promised to execute which they failed to execute exactly as agreed-upon.
    I already did. Directive has a hands-on approach and they can make a smaller company feel, look, and behave with the effectiveness of a larger organization.

Digital Marketing for Law Firm

"Directive treats every customer the same."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

Directive Consulting provides organic SEO, social media marketing, pay-per-click, and online content like blogs, keywords, third-party site posting, and online directories.

COO, Law Practice

Directive Consulting has been able to quickly provide a detailed overhaul of the firm's web presence, enhancing strategy and undoing mistakes made by a previous agency. They earned praise for their organized, data- and research-driven approach.

We are called Alternative Divorce Solutions. We are a law firm practicing out of court divorce mediation. We're based in Newport Beach and have offices in Los Angeles and Long Beach.

I am the Chief Operating Officer and a co-founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Directive?

We hired Directive because of difficulties with our last digital marketing agency. We found that the old agency had an automated approach and didn't think outside the box. They weren't aligned with our expectations for growth.

Our goals were to increase our leads and call volumes on a monthly basis. If the right leads come in, we will achieve the level of growth that we want.

They offer organic SEO, social media marketing and pay per click services. They help us tailor our content efforts, online blogs, and all the keywords going into them. Directive also helps us find places where we can post content and back-link to our site.

They work on syncing all the online directories in which we're present and strategize on getting us positive reviews from customers.

They do all these things in a much more optimized way, with a lot more thought put behind it than our previous agency.

How did you come to work with Directive?

We had a major fallout with our previous company, and had to find another one with haste. I reached out to five or six different online marketing companies I had found through traditional searches. Directive won our business by being cost effective and through the historical analysis that they did on our business by going over our analytics and our Google Ad Words campaign. They showed us all the things that we were doing right, and everything that we could have been doing better.

Directive had a great online presence themselves, which is a major prerequisite when researching for a digital marketing agency. Unlike most agencies we approached, they were willing to do a lot of upfront test work, without signing on. We didn't want a standard, cookie-cutter offer that couldn't fit with the specific niche of our business. After 90 days, they've proven themselves by getting us to the level that was promised.

The annual cost is confidential but it's a significant investment for us.

We signed on with Directive in October 2015. They haven't yet had a lot of time to achieve results, but they've worked around the clock for us. We plan to work with them indefinitely if their transparency and attention to detail remain the same.

We had a landing page for our business that had been set up by our previous company. It didn't work exactly right, and the team obsessed with it as a result. We tried many small tweaks until we got to the same stats as before the hiccup. We're now slowly increasing in traffic.

Their overall audit to every little detail has been remarkable. They got our Google business page up to order and enabled us to get reviews through it. They set up our Moz Local listing and synced up our online directories. They're also helping us with directories like Avvo and Mediators.com.

It's hard to name all the specific things they've done.

We've started from almost zero because of our past experience. It took the Directive team 30 days to rebuild everything with the budget that we'd allocated them. It was limited because we'd lost a lot of money due to decreased business. We don't yet have proper analytics, but the phones are now ringing at the same level to last year, when we were prospering. We're now at neutral and trending upwards.

How did Directive perform from a project management standpoint?

A lot of the companies we worked with in the past didn't even set goals or benchmarks. Simply showing us the number of visitors we'd had in a month isn't enough without a historical context and conversion rates. Directive has shown us the full extent of the data and have held themselves accountable. They don't have a fear of being measured and don't become defensive.

What distinguishes Directive from other providers?

They're obsessed with what they do. They didn't enter the market just because they saw a need for this type of service. Directive treats every customer the same in terms of being success-oriented, regardless of how large they are. They hold themselves accountable.

Their attention to detail and striving to constantly learn more, instead of getting the impression that they've figured everything out (which is a common vibe in the technical world), is what sets them apart. They take the time to explain figures to you and they admit when they don't know something.

Is there anything Directive could have improved or done differently?

Down the road, I'll probably find something, but up to this point, I can't think of anything.

I don't know enough about the industry as a whole in order to gauge if Directive is affordable or not. For us, at this moment, they are.
    We're very likely to recommend them, and will probably do so for another attorney mediator.

SEM for Rare Currency Retailer

"The one thing that stands out is Directive's dedication to finding new marketing avenues."

Sept. 2015 - Ongoing

Directive Consulting provided pay-per-click management, organic SEO, project description writing, and blog article writing for a rare currency retailer.

Accountant, Rare Currency Retailer

Pay-per-click spending decreased by 20% and conversion rate increased by 4% immediately after signing Directive Consulting. The team held a very productive face-to-face kick-off meeting for each new project, with key stakeholders from both companies present.

We sell collectable banknotes and coins.

I'm the accountant.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Directive Consulting?

Primarily, we were looking to keep our pay-per-click costs low, and conversion rates high. Ultimately, we wanted to drive more traffic to our website through Google Shopping and organic rankings.

They write articles for our blog. We don't approach social media, as it doesn't go hand in hand with our business model. Our buyers don't usually use social media.

They also write content for our products. It tends to be a little difficult for banknotes as they're not a common product.

How did you come to work with Directive Consulting?

The gentleman who found them no longer works here. Therefore, I'm not sure why we hired them, but they were highly regarded when I started.

We spend less than $50,000 per year, but it's an important investment for us.

We started in September 2015, and we have no plans to stop the relationship.

We're definitely satisfied. We initially set up all of our pay-per-click campaigns in-house. In the first month of our collaboration, they were able to cut our ad spending down by about 20 percent and increase our conversion rate by 4 percent. After the initial cleanup, they focused their effort on writing articles for our blog. We just had it up and running because getting it to function with the website was a bit of an issue. The articles that they wrote were great.

As far as pay-per-click goes, they are on board with any changes we want to make in terms of pricing and fees for Google Shopping. They're very quick to respond.

How did Directive Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

The only project that we've worked with them closely on was the content for our product descriptions. They won't deliver it until next week. I can't yet comment on them meeting deadlines, but we did have a face-to-face meeting with them for the kickoff, and that was great. Both Garrett [Mehrguth, MBA, president and CEO at Directive Consulting] and Tanner [Shaffer, vice president at Directive Consulting] were present, which was good for us.

What distinguishes Directive Consulting from other providers?

The one thing that stands out is Directive's dedication to finding new marketing avenues, and the latest changes being made in their field. They seem to always be going to seminars and increasing their knowledge, and are focused on gaining all the information and insight in the industry.

Is there anything Directive Consulting could have improved or done differently?

It's too early to tell, to be honest. They haven't missed anything yet. The communication is there, and their performance is great.

All the reporting and blog posts have been delivered on time.
    I've already recommended them this morning.

Digital Marketing for Online Cigar Retailer

"They're always there, regardless if I have to call, text, or email them."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

Directive Consulting provides a range of digital content marketing services, from SEO and PPC to social media and blogs. They provided research, strategic consulting, and branding.

California
President, Online Cigar Retailer

The new strategies reap impressive results, boosting web traffic by 10,000 views per month and sales by nearly $30,000. Directive Consulting impressed with their dependability, experimental mindset, and goal-oriented management.

We are an e-commerce site. We sell tobacco products.

I am the president.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Directive Consulting?

The initial and main goal, up to this point, has been to reach out to our target consumers through digital marketing. We utilized whatever it took. Because the tobacco industry is limited so far as advertising goes, we reached to Directive Consulting to find out what strategy we could use to market ourselves.

The main thing we've worked on is content marketing, SEO [search engine optimization] and PPC [pay-per-click] campaigns through Google. There are also social media campaigns and some blogging – really anything to generate authentic online content for our company and the products that we sell.

At first, they full-on analyzed our competitors, and we launched a general strategy. Through SEO, we began targeting our consumers with various keywords; with PPC ads, it was the same: we had certain keywords and campaigns that we deemed necessary. As far as content goes, we looked at various ways in which we could put ourselves out there, with remarketing campaigns, blogging, and social media.

How did you come to work with Directive Consulting?

It was a referral made by the web developers we were using.

We paid an initial research fee, which was fairly small and we pay less than $50,000 per year now.

We started in mid-August of this year. It's ongoing.

Before we began working with them, the website had about 10,000 visits per months. After we started, from August 20 until today [December 2015], we've had an extra 20,000 views. This is just for the general website visitors. Repeat visitors are around 40 percent, and we attribute them to the digital marketing they put in.

As far as sales numbers, it's huge. The initial traffic we were getting before contracting with them was not really generating sales. They weren't great leads. Since we went with Directive Consulting, sales have gone from $6,000 to $35,000. That's a big difference. We're planning on sticking with them and upping our campaigns. We've decided to launch a Google Shopping campaign, for instance. It's like practicing medicine. You have to keep experimenting with different things. I trust what they're doing, and I see the results.

We would have done way better, but we had issues with our website. It's not fully optimizable, mobile friendly, or doesn't have the ability to track conversions. I'm actually working on developing a new website. As soon as that happens, we'll have a more fixed idea on what direction to take.

How did Directive Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication was great.

What distinguishes Directive Consulting from other providers?

One thing I love about them is communication. They're always there, regardless if I have to call, text, or email them. I mainly deal with Garrett and Tanner. I like their structuring, from ownership and managers, to the programmers, content generators, and so on. Everything's communicated easily and thoroughly. They're updating me every week. If I'm MIA, they'll follow up and ask what happened to this or that.

Nothing comes to mind.

I already have.

SEM for Vinyl Product Company

"They offer me a full service solution to my online marketing needs."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

Directive Consulting provided organic SEO work, pay-per-click management, social media, and content marketing to a manufacturer.

Owner, Outdoor Vinyl Product Company

Directive Consulting provides better metrics and more transparency than previous vendors. Although internal staff would like to see more extensive information on their competition to enhance marketing strategy, they predicted strong outcomes from the partnership and a possible move into e-commerce.

We make outdoor products out of vinyl, such as fencing, gazebos, patio covers and gates.

I am the owner of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Directive?

I'm looking to grow my business and get new customers.

I've given them benchmarks for lead generation that I'm trying to achieve, through either PPC or organic internet searches. They created social media campaigns and have done article writing. They offer me a full service solution to my online marketing needs. They are very comprehensive.

How did you come to work with Directive?

They were referred by another customer. I trusted their reputation.

As of now, between $10,000 to $50,000. It may increase as we roll over to e-commerce. I am strongly considering doing eCommerce work which would require more budget but Directive Consulting could handle that project.

We started working together four months ago. It's ongoing. I have no plans to stop but it is early in the engagement.

They're doing a solid job. Two days ago we had a meeting after the first month of having Google Analytics. I don't have enough traction for any significant metrics, but I have been very happy with what they're doing. I foresee measurable results very soon that will be positive thanks to the effort that was put in.

How did Directive perform from a project management standpoint?

I am pleased with their management.

What distinguishes Directive from other providers?

Directive Consulting is good with giving accurate measurements of results and progress. I like how they measure stronger than other companies and insist on telling clients the results. They are transparent because they have real metrics to prove their progress.

Is there anything Directive could have improved or done differently?

They could give more in-depth comparisons to the competition. I would like to know what my competitors are doing online and borrow their better strategies.

I've been involved with internet marketing for 17 years...and Directive is pretty spot on. I would recommend them to anyone. I'm a pretty good judge of character, and they've been better than anyone I've talked to, and they're very reasonable too.

Content Marketing for Pest Control Company

"They're great and they’re helping my business be successful."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

Directive Consulting provides content marketing through a range of platforms, including Facebook, Google, and local agencies. They also manage website support.

Owner, Pest Control Company

Working with Directive Consulting has lowered the company's advertising budget while drastically increasing its ROI. The team performs in-depth research, writes compelling copy, and provides staff with comprehensive reports on progress and suggestions for how to move forward effectively.

We are a pest control company, but specialize in rats only. We service the entire LA County. We're also expanding to the Bay Area.

I am the owner of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Directive?

When we started our company, an employee did all the marketing for us, using Google, and similar advertising methods.

Since we met with Garrett [Founder of Directive], I felt that they were the right guys to do the job for us. We gave them a try, and since then there's been a dramatic change for us in terms of budget and the amount of quality leads we get from them. Advertising is the only way we get new customers.

They take care of all our content marketing on Facebook and Google, and with local agencies.

We've seen more results, with a smaller budget, than what we used to spend. They’re also optimizing our website. They take care of all of our online marketing needs.

How did you come to work with Directive?

I took a course in Santa Monica, California on digital marketing. Garrett was the teacher on one of the extra courses. Within an hour of meeting him, and seeing how he talks, I fell in love with what he's doing. He's invested fully in the marketing process.

Our advertising budget used to be $30,000 a month, not including Facebook, content marketing, or any local directories. Since we started working with them, we've reduced our budget by almost $10,000, but are getting many more leads. We spend about $20,000 currently and get a fantastic ROI.

It's an ongoing partnership. We've worked with them for four months.

The content marketing they do for us is very beneficial. They've taken a lot of time for research, making sure they are on top of everything and that the users are compelled to read what they're writing. We get a lot of personal attention from them. Every month we get full reports on how we're ranking and concrete tips regarding what we need to do to improve the following month.

How did Directive perform from a project management standpoint?

They do a great job in this regard.

What distinguishes Directive from other providers?

They're great and they’re helping my business be successful.

Is there anything Directive could have improved or done differently?

I already did recommend them to a friend.

SEO for Ranch Vacation Company

"Directive Consulting is very motivated and passionate, and you can tell they care about your business."

Directive Consulting did SEO for the client, as well as website redesign to improve organic ranking and user experience.

Montana
Owner, Ranch Vacation Company

As a result of Directive Consulting’s work, the client has seen their search engine ranking for specific keywords rise from the second page to the top three results. The client appreciates the care and attention they have received from Directive Consulting.

My company is a directory for some of the world's top ranch vacation destinations.

I am the owner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Directive Consulting?

We were trying to improve our website's organic ranking. We were trying to increase our traffic, improve our ranking on Google and other search engines, and expand our business that way.

I also market for another company, and they are helping us with that as well with SEO [search engine optimization]. They're writing content for us and making sure that content gets published, which helps us with visibility. They also help through social media, finding new customers and engaging old customers. They help us learn more about the changes in SEO, how things are a bit different, and what new methods need to take place. They're doing some pay per click through Facebook. They've chosen the right campaigns to market through Facebook because we have seen good return on our investment. They also did a little bit of redesign on the website for organic ranking reasons and a better user experience.

How did you come to work with Directive Consulting?

I work with a guy who does pay per click through Google, and he referred them to us.

The cost is less than $10,000. I'm definitely getting a great deal.

We've been working with them four months now. It's ongoing work.

Within just four months, we have significant results for our keywords, to the point that I wouldn't want to let our competition get a hold of them. Our search engine ranking for specific keywords have gone from second page to in the top three. Our national ranking for Luxury Dude Ranch is up to four nationally. Ranch Vacations is up one, so now we're at three. Luxury Ranch is five, which is up four. We've definitely seen an increase in traffic leads.

What distinguishes Directive Consulting from other providers?

I get hit up a lot by other companies who want $24,000 a year to fund the project. These guys are very personable. You're working one on one with the people in the company. They're not sending you to someone overseas to write you stuff. Directive Consulting is very motivated and passionate, and you can tell they care about your business. Your success is their success.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve, or things you might do differently?

No. I think they're doing a great job. I'd recommend them to anyone, if they aren't my competitor.

SEO for Property Management Company

"[Directive Consulting] provided several different points of contact on a regular basis .... in a format that I can understand."

Winter 2015 - Ongoing

Directive Consulting took over for the client’s previous SEO provider, making sure that everything was done correctly and in accordance with best practices.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Steve Shwetz
Managing Broker at Mesa Property Management

Directive Consulting maintained consistent communication with the client, keeping him informed of both their work and its results. The client expresses a strong sense of confidence in Directive Consulting’s work and transparency.

My company is called Mesa Property Management. We have two offices, and our business consists primarily of residential – single families.

I'm the president and managing broker.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Directive Consulting?

My goal is to be found online. People are staring at their computer going, "I need a property manager." I want to come up in the areas that I service. That is my ultimate goal.

Directive Consulting did some backend house-cleaning from my previous SEO [search engine optimization] guy, making sure that everything was done correctly, and there were some things that were not best practices that they addressed for me. Subsequent to that, they ended up actually redoing my website and making it more conversion-friendly. It's a little bit early to tell. We did a website revamp, mainly to just make it look more like what every other site is evolving into, in terms of the look and feel when you hit it. They're doing Facebook campaigns, posting articles for me, and getting me boosted – doing all the social media and blog work.

How did you come to work with Directive Consulting?

They were referred from a guy who I've used to do some work for my company.

We started working together five or six months ago [winter 2015], and the relationship is still ongoing.

The biggest challenge that I faced with employing an SEO person or company, especially for a small business like mine, is providing reporting on what work is being done, and what is the result of that work on an ongoing basis. I went through two SEO guys, and other than me cutting them a check every month, and making sure I was on a conference call, and writing stuff down about what they were doing, and double checking to make sure that it was done, I had limited visibility into what kind of results I was getting.

One thing that caused me to look more seriously in doing business with Directive Consulting was that they provided several different points of contact on a regular automated/semi-automated basis, reporting that shows me what I'm doing in terms of visits, broken down by referring sites, direct sites and all that stuff in Google Analytics. They're delivering it to me in a format that I can understand, and then they're also doing some keyword reporting as well and one or two other reports, and I can see the progress and where we're at.

No. Not really at this point. I haven't been with them really long enough to address the main issue that I had.

SEO & Web Design for Appliance Repair Company

"I had that picture in my head of how I wanted it to look, [Directive Consulting] really helped me realize that picture, and they completely did it in a cost-effective way."

Directive Consulting handled the client’s Web design, SEO, social media marketing, and Google AdWords campaigns, allowing the client to better take advantage of their online resources.

Orange County, California
Andrew Cabello
Owner, New Life Appliance Repair

Directive consulting was accommodating, personable, and focused, helping the client to achieve their vision. Since partnering with Directive Consulting, the client has seen an increase in the volume of calls received.

Our company does appliance repair, and we're based in Orange County, California.

I am the owner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Directive Consulting?

We originally had a website that I made myself. As a person who doesn't do any of that stuff, of course it was just kind of a bookmark so that our customers can see that we're online as well. It wasn't bringing in any business, or anything like that. We wanted to change that and start having the website actually mean something. Bottom line, we went through a couple different companies to see what they were all about. Directive Consulting was just on point, in my eyes. I really liked what they were talking about. I liked dealing with Garrett [Mehrguth, president of Directive Consulting], so I went with them.

Directive Consulting did Web design for us, SEO [search engine optimization], Facebook ads, AdWords, and they were managing our Yelp account, too.

How did you come to work with Directive Consulting?

I had partnered with a bigger company, and I didn't like how they worked. I didn't want to go with a big company. I definitely wanted to do a small one. I talked to a couple different other smaller ones that are local here. Their pricing was a little bit higher, and they didn't seem as accommodating. I actually got referred to Directive Consulting through one of my customers, so I gave them a call. Their pricing was on point. I spoke to Garrett. I knew a little bit about SEO, and it seemed like he spoke the language, so we decided to go with him.

They did the website for us. Then we wanted them to design some images for us to put on the website, and we wanted to take it a little bit further than what they normally do. It was under $10,000 even after all the additional things that I requested.

I think we started working together in February of this year. They finished quickly. They did it once, and I wanted more. They were trying to do me a favor and keep the cost low, which is great, but I didn't want to keep the cost low at the expense of the feel for the website. I told them I want it to be a little bit more, and I'm willing to pay a little bit more to make it that way.

It's really hard for us to keep a good track of what's coming from where, especially when we ask people where they heard about us, and they say, "Oh, the Internet." It's been really hard to keep track of it, but we definitely have experienced an increase in volume of calls. I think we were on page six for local searches of "appliance repair" when we started, and now we're on the top of page one, just underneath the Yelp pages. We've definitely seen the results there.

What distinguishes Directive Consulting from other providers?

Just how personable they are. Directive Consulting was really accommodating when I was requesting specific things. Since I did make my own website, I knew a little bit, enough to be dangerous. I had that picture in my head of how I wanted it to look, they really helped me realize that picture, and they completely did it in a cost-effective way. I was really happy about that.

I was unhappy with one of their consultants that I was dealing with, the original manager of our account. He just wasn't really good at communicating things. I made that really clear to Garrett, and he was on it. Once he heard that, he got me over to Tanner, and he just took care of us from there. I really like Tanner's work. He is very focused and knows what he's doing.

since I got moved over. Previously it was not as good.