Full-Service Mobile Development

Digital Kriktis is a quality-driven development studio, catering to entrepreneurs and businesses looking to expand their presence in the growing mobile marketplace. We provide a streamlined, all-inclusive development solution, taking clients from proof-of-concept all the way to product launch and post-production support.

Our Team

An important consideration for us as a development studio is to hire talented individuals who take pride in their work and provide a wealth of experience in their field. From designers and testers to developers and project managers, we’re confident and proud in the ability of our staff members.

Why companies and entrepreneurs choose to work with Digital Krikits

Quality-Centric, Native Development: Aside from being able to implement all of the features an app requires, we want to make sure everything functions smoothly and is properly optimized for each specific Operating System. In order to do that, we prefer to avoid cross-platform development frameworks like PhoneGap and focus on writing properly optimized code using Objective-C, Swift, Java etc.

Designs that stand out: Another key factor in the majority of successful applications is design: a user-friendly interface, branding that appeals to the right user demographic, proper use of colors and fonts – our creative team is tasked with applying a unique and innovative feel to every app they design, and they’ve always come through in that regard.

Stability: Our QA team checks the app thoroughly for bugs and crashes and makes sure to bring any issues to the developers’ attention.

Guaranteed Quality: Once the app is live, we provide support for another 6 months to ensure proper functionality.

Bucharest, Romania
  • Digital Krikits LLC Bucharest
    Romania
    +40 374 647 882
  • Digital Krikits LLC Cluj
    Romania

App Development for Data Collection Firm

"Digital Krikits has done a good job ... They have a faster turnaround than our internal team. I was happy with them."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Digital Krikits developed an internal Andriod application for an engineering data collection company. The app helped to log information related to gas and air samplings for a gas leak program.

201–500 Employees

Seattle, Washington
Regional Director, Hydromax USA

In spite of the complexity of the request, Digital Krikits delivered a workable application in a fraction of the time in relation to their peers. The few bugs that surfaced were quickly remedied by Digital Krikits, and the client has recommended them for other development work within the company.

Hydromax is a professional services firm that specializes in engineering studies. We basically work with anything that has to do with pipelines: water, wastewater, and gas. We’ve also done oil and high-pressure pipelines for refineries and such. I'm the regional director for the West region, and I’m in charge of a large group of projects, the largest one of which is for an energy company in the Pacific Northwest.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Krikits?

We had a specific need to develop an application to interface with a gas sampling center that took measurements of gas and air readings for a leak survey program. At the same time that it was sampling, we needed it to log the latitude and longitude of the device that was sampling it, and then do quite a few other things, all within an Android environment.

The app was internal for Hydromax’s team, and it’s actually integrated into a suite of other applications now. It’s our product for this particular industry, and it’s a total package solution that does everything you need in order to collect all of the data necessary for this program.

This particular app, besides the data processing, was 100% developed by Digital Krikits. Internally, we have lots of development capability. We have full-time developers for GIS, C#, Android, Apple, etc., but they were maxed out at the moment, and this was such an in-depth, specialized knowledge kind of project that we didn't have the capacity to take it on at the time. The client needed the solution as soon as possible, and the capacity was going to be six months minimum, so we reached out.

Digital Krikits provided pure app development in this case, and they had some good ideas. We were having trouble with integration in the beginning, and they had some good ideas for how to do testing. It was useful, but there was no market impact or anything like that for them to really give us any advice or strategy on.

How did you come to work with Digital Krikits?

Before hiring Digital Krikits, we had reached out to the manufacturer of the device and some other people about developing an app, but everyone basically said that they could do a part of it. We needed a one-stop solution to minimize the potential for error. I put out a request on Upwork and eventually found Digital Krikits. I talked to probably 40 app developers on Upwork and did not get past “Hey, here are the basics of what I need you to do.” Most of them didn't seem confident they could do the work, and their time estimates were just astronomical. Digital Krikits has been attentive to our requirements, they’ve done a great job with the integration, and they were able to do something that a lot of the other companies didn't have the technical chops to do.

How much have you invested with Digital Krikits?

I think we spent about $6,000 to launch the first iteration of the app. The first version did all the basic things we had originally asked for, so I thought that was a good price. Then, we probably bolted on another $5,000 in development time last year. This year, it’ll probably be another $3,500 before we’re done, and even then we might not be completely finished. It might be a whole other year until we’re done.

I think we started working together in February or March 2016, and the first iteration probably went live in May 2016. We’ve gone through six or seven iterations since then, bolting on more specs, etc. We’re actively working on a more complex version of the app. We have an ongoing relationship.

Overall, I've been pretty happy with the app Digital Krikits has made for us. The manufacturer of this device has been working on an application to do what we’ve done with Digital Krikits for the last 10 years, and they still haven't released anything to the public. We spent less than a year working on the app with Digital Krikits, and we now have a workable app.

How did Digital Krikits perform from a project management standpoint?

Digital Krikits has done a good job; I’m been happy with what they’ve developed. The complexity of what we asked them to do was significant. There were certainly some things it did that I would’ve liked different, but nothing has been shocking. They’ve been quick to remedy any issues we’ve identified, and they’ve been receptive to feedback.

For the most part, I’ve worked with three guys from Digital Krikits: one for the user interface, one for the Android interface with the external device over Bluetooth, and then another one who’s kind of the ringleader that I communicate with all the time. The CEO has helped with interpretation and communication here and there as well.

Digital Krikits has done well from a project management standpoint. I don't know where their headquarters are, but the guys I work with are in Romania, and I know Romania has been going through some crazy stuff recently in terms of the political situation. However, they’ve still been good and responsive, and they are quick to get back to me. They have a faster turnaround than our internal team. I was happy with them.

What did you find most impressive about Digital Krikits?

The biggest thing that stood out to me was that Digital Krikits has a sort of assembly line setup for their people, which is good. They have specialized skill sets, and when they need a specific task done, they identify the person who’s going to do it right up front, and then they get the timeline from that person rather than trying to speak for people, which I've always been frustrated with in development. We’ve done a lot of development at Hydromax and we’ve had a lot of contract development done, and I've always been frustrated with getting an estimate from a project manager who’s not actually doing the job and who didn't actually talk to the engineer. With Digital Krikits, it was refreshing to talk directly to the person and ask them for their realistic timeline expectations. They get that feedback for me right away, which has allowed us to skirt around a lot of potential roadblocks.

Are there any areas Digital Krikits could improve?

A kind of weird thing they did this time was that they added changes and extras to the app that we didn't ask for or need. It wasn't intentional on their end, but it might have been nice to know about it in advance so we could have told them to save their time. The fact that we’re on totally opposite time zones definitely wasn’t conducive to that, because usually, I don't get an update until the next day. They were relaxed about it, but it was kind of odd and not something they had ever done before.

I definitely would give Digital Krikits a five for cost.
    I’ve referred Digital Krikits to lots of other people, including a group within our company that wants to develop internal training modules. We needed somebody to develop mobile video plug-ins for private internal videos to make sure they are secure.

App Development for Online Photo Editing Company

"Your success is their success. I always feel taken care of. I don’t have anything bad to say about them."

2016 - Ongoing

Digital Krikits built an Andriod and iOS app for an online photo editing company. The app allows users to create and perform complex edits to photos and collages on their mobile phones or tablets.

Sydney, Australia
CEO, Photo Editing Company

The iPad application has received nearly unanimous five-star reviews from the App Store since it launched four months ago. With the iPhone and Android applications set to launch in the next few months, the client is excited about the initial encouraging feedback they have received.

We are an online photo editor. I’m the director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Krikits?

The online photo editor which we run has seen a lot of success on desktop and laptop computers. Our users have been asking for us to create an app over the last three years. We had several failed experiences with creating the apps before finding Digital Krikits.

The app allows users to create collages and edit their photos on mobile devices in a sophisticated way beyond the inbuilt functionality that phones provide. We wanted something different from the other photo editing apps on the market. The app is free, but there’s an in-app purchase to unlock some functionality. Digital Krikits built the apps for both iOS and Android, and we have a dedicated interface for iPad devices because it’s really useful to have a larger screen. They provided all the designers, developers, project manager, and a QA person for the project. Because we had an online photo editor, we already had something to work from. I also provided a lot of screenshots and links to other apps related to what I was looking for. Digital Krikits isn’t providing marketing directly, but they’ve discussed possibilities and given me ideas. They’ve helped out with analytics within the app to identify what parts of the app people are using the most.

How did you come to work with Digital Krikits?

I found Digital Krikits through Upwork. We received a proposal from Digital Krikits before I used other developers. They were a little more expensive than working directly with freelancers, so I first used other developers. In the end, I ended up using Digital Krikits anyway.

We started working with them 15 months ago, and the iPad version launched four months ago. We’re still polishing the iPhone and Android apps and hope to launch in the next few months.

There have been 38 legitimate reviews posted online. There’s 32 5-star reviews, one or two 4-star, and one or two 1-star. One of the poor reviews was someone who ran into a problem and couldn’t edit a photo. The other one was a mistake. They said it was a great app and they’re enjoying using it.

How did Digital Krikits perform from a project management standpoint?

Overall I’m very pleased with the project management Digital Krikits have provided. I’m shielded from the stress of dealing directly with developers, QA and designers and so am able to take a higher level perspective of the project. We haven’t had a strict deadline as this is something users have been asking for and the sooner we provide it, the better. We have set some general guidelines to launch certain functionality and we have gone over those dates by a month or so, but I take responsibility for that as a perfectionist who has pushed for functionality to be included that perhaps could have been left for a later phase. As the product is somewhat complex, this is also to be expected as we tweak our results prior to launching them. Overall, I would class them as good when it comes to deadlines and exceptional when it comes to overall project management.

What did you find most impressive about Digital Krikits?

Digital Krikits is a professional agency where you’re dealing with friendly, intelligent people who want to see you succeed and want to see you happy. Your success is their success. I always feel taken care of. I don’t have anything bad to say about them. I’m now friends with the CEO and project manager, and I really enjoy working with them.

Are there any areas Digital Krikits could improve?

In retrospect, I probably would’ve pushed for a smaller product and got it to market quicker with more iterations after launching, but in the end I am responsible for that decision.

Application Development for Blog Entrepreneur

"They’re in the business to build apps for their clients, not take ideas and build them themselves."

Digital Krikits developed a mobile app for the client's blog and podcast. They gave suggestions, added features, and provided maintenance to help improve the app.

Jacksonville, Florida
Benny Hsu
Lead Writer, Get Busy Living

Digital Krikits made sure that they maintain quality by testing the app on different devices before sending it to the App store. There was an initial peak in user downloads, and the user feedback on certain added features has been positive as well. The team has excellent communication skills.

Please describe your organization. What is your role and responsibilities?

My company is Get Busy Living, a blog and podcast on inspiring others to lead better lives. I’m the lead writer for the blog.

What was your goal for working with Digital Krikits?

I needed an agency to help me develop a few app for projects related to my blog and podcast. I had initially partnered with another agency, but had to let them go because it seemed like my project was their lowest priority.

Please describe the scope of your partnership.

In addition to mobile app development, Digital Krikits helped bring ideas and suggestions to help improve my apps. Digital Krikits has been maintaining and adding features to my apps for the last four years.

What was your process for selecting Digital Krikits with which to work?

I initially found Digital Krikits on Elance but it seems that they have grown since then. I put up an ad and something about their response drew me to them. Their profile looked really professional, I talked with their team via Skype, and I felt the most comfortable partnering with them out of all the other agencies I was considering. I’m really glad I decided to choose Digital Krikits.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work-hour figure?

I’ve been working with Digital Krikits since 2011. My partnership in total has cost in between $20,000 and $30,000.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

There was an initial peak in user downloads since then Digital Krikits has been instrumental in keeping the apps relevant in the App Store. There’s been good user feedback about certain features I’ve added over the last couple years.

Is there anything unique or special about Digital Krikits that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

I’ve dealt with a lot of different companies developing different apps and I like Digital Krikits because of their communication efforts. With outsourcing outside of the United States, the rates are cheaper, but sometimes there’s a barrier in communication. With the Digital Krikits team, they have really competent English. Feedback is really quick. I’m never worried about them taking my money and running with it. They’re in the business to build apps for their clients, not take ideas and build them themselves. I have trust in them. I like the work they put in and the work they do to test the apps on different devices. It’s reassuring to know they’re not just testing it on one device, and then sending it to the App Store.

Their rates have gone up, but that’s expected with a growing company. I guess with more experience and more customers they’re able to increase their rates. Sometimes, they get backed up and things take a little longer than they should. They apologize for that but it has not caused any major issues.

I highly recommend them to people.

iOS Application Development for Social App

"They were able to stay on top of everything and keep everything on track and on schedule."

Digital Krikits developed an iOS app with GPS and messaging functionality for a social app company.

Founder, Social App Company

Digital Krikits was perfect for this project for their clear communication and adherence to timelines. Excellent communication skill is one of their key strengths.

Please describe your organization. What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the founder of a company that enables people to share resources within their personal communities.

I needed an iOS app developed. There were some things that I wanted to build that were extensive and complicated. I needed a company that had experience developing GPS functionality and messaging functionality.

What was your process for selecting Digital Krikits with which to work?

I found Digital Krikits through Elance. They were one of the companies that had a very specific strategy and plan that was very well thought through. When evaluating them I looked at some other work they did and I compared pricing. They seemed to be the best value for the money. That’s how I ended up choosing them.

The project was somewhere in the $10,000 to $50,000 range.

They performed very well. Their communication skills are excellent. They were able to stay on top of everything and keep everything on track and on schedule.

There were some delays, but nothing major.

Application Development for App Development Agency

"The Digital Krikits team was proactive in coming up with suggestions and ideas to improve the product."

Digital Krikits worked with the client in the development of the UX wireframing, UI design, programming, and testing for a social networking app on both iOS and Android.

Founder and Managing Director, Mobile App Development Company

The social networking app received positive feedback from the end users. Digital Krikits has the ability to communicate effectively and clearly. They also have the aptitude in creating strong relationships with their clients. The team needed to improve their adherence to deadlines.

Please describe your organization. What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the founder and managing director of a mobile app development company.

What was your goal for working with Digital Krikits?

We partnered with Digital Krikits to develop a large social networking app on both iOS and Android operating systems. We wanted to find a company that could not only support the project, but also had the expertise in all aspects of the project.

The project with Digital Krikits involved the creation and development of UX [user experience] wireframing, UI [user interface] design, programming, and testing for our social networking app in both iOS and Android operating systems.

What was your process for selecting Digital Krikits with which to work?

We contacted a number of companies. Digital Krikits were more than happy to go above and beyond to get details about the project. The Digital Krikits team was proactive in coming up with suggestions and ideas to improve the product. We were confident in their ability. We knew that they could handle everything that the project needed to succeed.

The size of the project was in the $50,000 to $200,000 range.

When was the work completed?

Our partnership with Digital Krikits is still ongoing.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

There aren’t any specific metrics. However, the feedback that we have received from our clients has been excellent.

The Digital Krikits team is very good at communicating effectively. They made sure that everything was clear and accurate. Also, other companies that we have worked with were very quick to charge extra. Digital Krikits was very understanding. They want to have a good relationship with the client.

Overall, Digital Krikits did a good job. However, Digital Krikits’ adherence to deadlines could be a little better.