SEO Agency: Solutions for Revenue and Conversions

Digital Current is a Phoenix SEO agency helping businesses to thrive through digital marketing solutions including:

• Search engine optimization (SEO),
  • Content strategy and marketing,
  • Paid search (SEM),
  • Paid social media,
  • Conversion optimization,
  • SEO Link development,
  • and web development.

At Digital Current we're never satisfied with success. We view today's best as tomorrow's baseline.

Combined with our stellar, honest client reviews you can be assured that Digital Current is not only excellent at driving value for your company but also provides excellent client service.

In addition to strategic, partnership-oriented account managers, we bring the experts actually doing the work to the table with you to help ensure success and quick execution.

Every member on your team obsesses over your business searching for new and innovative ways to increase performance and reach customers.

2003
Mesa, AZ
  • 1201 S Alma School Rd, Suite 16300
    Mesa, AZ 85210

Retail/E-commerce: Lowes, Sportsman's Warehouse, Legal Zoom, StubHub ||  Financial Services: Lending Tree, PrimeLending ||  B2B: ChannelAdvisor, Experian ||  SaaS: Exari, Mavenlink  ||  Tech: MicroChip, TrendMicro  ||  Travel: Expedia, Travelocity - and many more...

SEO & PPC for Business Spend Software Provider

“The thoroughness of the analytics and reporting that they do is far above anything I’ve seen from other companies.”

Jul. 2019 - Ongoing

Digital Current provides SEO, paid advertising, and other digital marketing efforts for a business spend management platform. Their team focuses on keyword strategy and targeting recommendations for the client.

1,001-5,000 Employees

La Honda, California
Erin Triman
Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Coupa

The partnership with Digital Current has produced impressive results so far, including an incredible ROI and quarter over quarter increases in leads and conversions and decreases in the cost per each. Their team is dedicated and capable of handling anything the client throws their way.

I am the senior digital marketing manager at Coupa, which is a business spend management solution provider. My role spans across digital advertising, website personalization, and demand generation and page conversion rate optimization in particular.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Current?

We started out with just an SEO contract with them and then brought them on to run Google paid search for us as well.

They handle pretty much all of our digital marketing efforts, including supporting us as we transition our site to Drupal. That includes updating keywords across all of our pages, helping us to reorganize the site and content connections within it in order to be more searchable on Google and perform better on SERPs.

There is one project manager who communicates with us most regularly, but we also work with a content strategist and SEO strategist from there team, as well as occasional subject matter experts to help with specific tasks that we want to cover.

How did you come to work with Digital Current?

We had an SEO contractor working with us in a limited capacity, and then acquired a lifecycle management solutions company and through them inherited their contract with Digital Current. They did such a good job right off the bat that we decided to have them take over our SEO operations entirely.

The total cost of our work with them has been around $60,000–$70,000.

We first brought them on around August 2019 and are continuing to work together.

We’re still waiting on some of our campaigns to really deliver enough results to be able to measure because of the timelines of a lot of those larger campaigns. Already, however, we’ve seen millions of dollars in return on a few hundred thousand in investment, so the value that we are receiving has been incredible. Our conversion rate and cost per conversion have been really good as well and continued to improve quarter over quarter.

One of the main reasons we decided to expand our operations with them is that they aren’t just charging you to keyword stuff your site. They take the holistic approach of actually strategically understanding your business initiatives and goals as a company so that they can help you develop a comprehensive SEO strategy that lines up with those.

How did Digital Current perform from a project management standpoint?

The original project kickoff involved their team flying out to meet us and holding a full-day workshop just to try to identify our customer personas and how we sell to them. That process allowed us to start thinking more strategically about what keywords we should be going after and was incredibly informative for our entire process going forward from there.

Since then, we have continued to have subsequent strategy meetings with high-level members of their team, as well as pretty consistent metadata updates with their content writers as well to make sure that we are sticking to those strategies and the specific targets laid out in them. We also communicate nearly constantly over email and tracking documents on a lot of smaller things.

Because they have such a robust overall team, they have a lot of different folks and areas of expertise that we are able to tap into. For example, we’re currently migrating our blog into Drupal, and none of them have any metadata, so they are handling that entire process for almost 500 individual blogs. That commitment to handling just about anything we throw at them is a huge element of why our partnership has been so successful.

On top of that, the thoroughness of the analytics and reporting that they do, as well as the level of technical analysis, is far above anything I’ve seen from other companies.

SEO Support for an E-Learning Company

"They are so informative and capable, I've never had any hesitation with them."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Digital Current works with the client on an ongoing basis. They began their engagement by performing an audit to assess areas for improvement. They managed technical cleanup to improve future SEO campaigns.

Tucson, Arizona
Wendy Geruin
Marketing Dir., E-Commerce & Digital Mktg., Learning A-Z

The team at Digital Current has a deep understanding of SEO and digital strategy. They are intentional with their work and are proactive when it comes to addressing issues. Customers can expect excellent communication and strong project management.

I’m the director of e-commerce and digital marketing of an education technology company that sells a variety of educational and subscription sites. Our main focus is on literacy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Current?

We were seeking a vendor to do a site SEO audit. We had a lot of technical clean up to do before we could get to some of the other SEO programs and tactics.

We wanted a vendor who could do audits and technical clean up, then perform SEO work on an ongoing basis.

We hired Digital Current to assist with SEO for several of our websites. We have product and corporate sites. They perform ongoing site audits and work with our engineers and outside web firms to make updates. They’re a full-service SEO company so they handle keyword analysis, tags, link-building, and consult on content.

There are two dedicated team members on my account who are my main points of contact. There are other people who get pulled in, and things get assigned to them as well.

How did you come to work with Digital Current?

Digital Current was on my radar early in my search. I found out about them online and I looked at a few other agencies but had my mind on them from the start because they had a strong reputation as SEO specialists.

I had two audits to do at the end of last year. I set out to get two separate agencies, one with the intention of hiring an SEO firm and one just more to do an audit for the ad side. I picked a generalist firm for the ad and I picked Digital Current for the SEO audit. The ad audit was well-intended but failed. On the other hand, the SEO audit was much more on par.

We've invested close to $50,000.

We started working with them in November 2018. It is ongoing as we just renewed the retainer for a second year.

The audit was informative and validated what I had anticipated. They uncovered a lot and worked collaboratively with our out of house web firm. They’ve done a great job and we have made a lot of gains.

I don’t have any specific numerical metrics yet since their main focus thus far has been data clean up. We are now at a point where we have a good base point for moving forward. I think another company would’ve seen results faster if we didn’t have so much to clean up at first.

How did Digital Current perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been easy to work with. They use several platforms to manage the project including Google Docs and Data Studio. They have special reports they’ve done, such as a QBR and they’ve always provided me with the tools I need on my end. It’s nice because I don’t have to learn how to use a new software tool to communicate with them.

They are excellent at keeping you informed and making the process easy.

I’ve had multiple ad questions that I’ll throw at them without notice and I’ll need an answer immediately, and they are so responsive. For example, if I wrote them right now, I’d have an email by the time I got off the phone with you.

They are so informative and capable. I’ve never had any hesitation with them. I have the skill set to know if I wasn’t getting the right services from my vendors. I know what I’m getting, and Digital Current is the right agency.

They have exceeded my expectations so much that there aren’t any areas they’ve been weak in. I wish I could hire them to help with more product sites.

They are proactive and ensure that what is strategized during the meetings happens. They make sure to drive you and keep you organized. It’s not always easy to prioritize SEO, even though it is a priority. It helps to have a vendor that makes sure I’m on point and that I stay engaged with them.

Content Marketing for Payment Processing Firm

"Digital Current has made a lot of headway for our company. We're learning together, but they've been a big help in attracting new customers."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Digital Current provides blog and press release writing to the client on an ongoing basis to aid SEO [search engine optimization] efforts to grow the business.

Baltimore, Maryland Area
QA Manager, Payment Processing Firm

Digital Current receives compliments for directly providing three huge clients in the past month and bringing dozens of keywords to Google's first page. Digital Current is recommended.

We are a payment processing company. I am a Quality Assurance Manager for the company. I act as a go-between for Digital Current and our Chief Executive Officer, handling SEO work and the postings made by them.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Current?

We are trying to attract new customers through SEO work.

Digital Current has provided blog and press release content for our company. They've also made recommendations towards our SEO, in terms of title and meta tags.

We have recently started working with another company for redesigning our website, and Digital Current has collaborated closely with them.

How did you come to work with Digital Current?

Digital Current was hired before I started working with the company, so I'm not sure what the process was. We did have a relationship with a previous company and left them because their work didn't lead to good attention towards our name.

How much have you invested with Digital Current?

The cost of Digital Current's services is between $6,000 and $10,000 per month.

We have been working with Digital Current for almost 9 months, and have no plans to stop.

We started out on the 5th page and have moved up to the 1st page currently, on the 10th spot for payment processing keywords. I am very appreciative to Digital Current for helping us, and hope to maintain our relationship.

Digital Current brought in 3 new clients in September 2016, and we've averaged the same number every month, because of their SEO work. A single customer can bring in a million dollars per year, so the results are significant.

How did Digital Current perform from a project management standpoint?

We have bi-weekly calls and publish new material monthly. I work closely with our account managers from Digital Current.

What did you find most impressive about Digital Current?

Digital Current understood how to engage with us and always asked relevant questions. Digital Current has become knowledgeable about our company.

Are there any areas Digital Current could improve?

I can't think of anything. I like working with Digital Current, and I've provided referrals for them many times.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Digital Current?

Clients should provide as much information as possible in order to allow Digital Current to learn about the company. An open communication with the team will go a long way.

Overall Score I love Digital Current, and I promote them to potential clients.
    We've had a few issues in the past, trying to meet our monthly deadlines.
    We pay a lot of money, but this is because of Digital Current's level of work.
    I've seen the traffic generated by their work, whether it was SEO or publications written by Digital Current.
    I've already spoken to a number of people in the business.

Organic SEO for Buddha Teas

"We went from not even being included in search results, to having 90% of our products within the first 2-3 pages. Our sales went from around $200 per week, to $1,500 per day."

Mar. 2013 - Aug. 2016

Digital Current is partnering with Buddha Teas to optimize 120 different keywords to help generate organic search traffic, online sales, and wholesale relationships.

Greater San Diego Area
IT Director, Tea Retailer

Digital Current is complimented by the client for helping move sales from $200 per week to $1,500 per day due to their SEO [search engine optimization] efforts. Digital Current is recommended to any client that wants to grow aggressively.

Buddha Teas is an online and wholesale tea vendor. I am the IT director of the company. I also manage our e-commerce platform and microsites.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Current?

We wanted to improve our site's rankings for the 120 search terms related to our different products.

Digital Current has provided SEO services for our website. I was responsible for web development using Magento. We use another third-party for pay-per-click and social marketing.

How did you come to work with Digital Current?

We have been working with Digital Current since before they had their current name. At that point, we made Google searches and interviewed a few potential SEO companies. Digital Current stood out to me.

We've had some ups and downs, but Digital Current has provided us with a brand-new team which started some great new programs, and created some high-profile links for our site.

How much have you invested with Digital Current?

The cost of Digital Current's services has been $5,000 per month, on average.

We started working with Digital Current in March 2013. We ran into some financial issues last month, so we've paused our campaign with Digital Current. I plan on starting the work again in 3 months, and the pause has had nothing to do with Digital Current.

We started our operations by reselling a brand of tea. Five years ago, we decided to sell our own brand, which came with a lot of work. We started building a number of microsites which catered to our products, and this gave us an initial boost on Google. From there, we needed a lot of help, which Digital Current provided. We went from not even being included in search results, to having 90% of our products within the first 2-3 pages. Our sales went from around $200 per week, to $1,500 per day.

Digital Current went after some high-profile bloggers, and got some great links from various sites, including an article in Forbes.

Digital Current implemented different tactics for our website, in terms of layout and keyword tweaks, as well as improving security in order to adapt to Google algorithm changes. We were hit hard by changes at times, but we brainstormed and determined how we could get back on top. For the most part, our collaboration with Digital Current has been successful.

A part of their out-of-the-box thinking was an innovative full scholarship program, which was a way of getting high-profile links from .edu sites. There are around 20-30 different educational websites linking to our products and category pages.

How did Digital Current perform from a project management standpoint?

Our account manager is the main reason for continuing to use Digital Current. She's friendly, easy to work with, and constantly reminds me of items which need to be taken care of. We've had some ups and downs with the company, following a management change, but Digital Current setup a brand new team and everything has been positive since.

What did you find most impressive about Digital Current?

Digital Current has always been a joy to work with. Our new team is especially phenomenal. I'm a busy person, and needed a team who would constantly bug me about products' due dates.

Are there any areas Digital Current could improve?

Six months ago, Digital Current was lacking in terms of follow-ups. Their reports seemed copy-pasted, and didn't give the impression that we were very important to the company. We had a long meeting with Digital Current, and were about to drop them, but they implemented a new team and strategy. Since then, the work has been awesome, and I have nothing but good things to say about Digital Current. I have proven results, and have seen my site grow because of Digital Current.

Overall Score I wouldn't work with another SEO company. This is a hard to gauge field, given that results take time. We've worked with other providers, not seeing anything in 6 months' time.
    Digital Current was always on-time and ready for conference calls. I was usually the one who had to cancel meetings.
    Digital Current pitched different campaigns and ideas within our budget.
    The quality was always great, and Digital Current had phenomenal follow-ups.

Link Building for Education Marketing Agency

"We're able to call them a partner, rather than a vendor."

2012 - Ongoing

Digital Current manages content on third-party websites to reach target audiences, link them back to relevant pages, and deliver more leads. The team also provides organic SEO services.

Florida
SEO Manager, Education Marketing Agency

Digital Current has helped diversify the client’s backlink portfolio and secure high-profile media placements in publications like Forbes and Entrepreneur. The team offers accessible communication and implements efficient processes for gaining early input into the link acquisition process.

We are a division of a major publisher. We primarily partner with nonprofit universities in the United States and Europe and help them market graduate and undergraduate degrees online. If a university has a unique specialization that could be appealing to people throughout the U.S., we eliminate the geographical limitation for people who want to enroll. We have three different locations: one in Orlando, one in Chicago, and one in Denver.

I am the SEO [search engine optimization] manager.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Digital Current?

We wanted to maximize our rankings for target keywords. We want to ensure that we are staying within Google's guidelines for our website's SEO but, as much as possible, we want to be visible for target terms, such as "online MBA degree."

Every organization has its own set of policies and accountabilities. We're a central service focusing on many universities. Each one of our brand managers is responsible for a number of those schools, each having its own digital marketing strategies. Content is a collaborative process, and the choice of supplier has to be agreed upon by both parties. At the end of the day, my concern is if the content published was based on quantitative data, AdWords or other sources, and if we published a certain article because it would rank us higher with a particular keyword. There's much subjectivity in that process. Choosing a content supplier and evaluating the content they provide is a difficult process.

There's a natural saturation for any marketing effort, and we work with Digital Current in making sure that we have the right content on third-party sites for reaching target audiences, ultimately driving traffic to our own website and delivering leads from interested students.

Digital Current provides organic search engine optimization services for us, and they offer content to third-party sites interested in linking back to relevant pages on our site. In the past, they also worked on content pieces that we published on our website.

Pay-per-click services are handled by a separate agency since Digital Current hasn't offered this.

How did you come to work with Digital Current?

They were working with the company before I started. The previous SEO manager compiled a list of potential partners and whittled it down to a core set. Digital Current was one of the choices.

The annual cost is between $50,000 and $200,000. It varies depending on the type of work they're doing.

We've started using a tool called SEO Clarity in order to get a more holistic view of our backlink portfolio for each school. As a result, we're reducing the spending for many of the schools we're working with. We will increase our budget as needed within the next fiscal year.

We've been working with them for four years. We're looking for other venues in which to use Digital Current's services, including content promotion.

Digital Current helped us diversify our backlink portfolio and have given us some high-profile media placements, like Forbes and Entrepreneur magazines. This was a key point of success in regards to their link building effort.

How did Digital Current perform from a project management standpoint?

We've been satisfied with their work. We have a great relationship with our account manager, which allows us to address any misalignments in the work they're doing. She's always available for communicating through Skype and email. Aside from communication skills, she's put in place some great processes and tools for us to gain input into the link acquisition process early on, have better visibility for the criteria of selecting those links, and have input into how our budget is being spent. I see it as a combination of being a good account manager and having continually improving systems.

She has helped us stay more organized. We're busy with internal work and depend on a partner like Digital Current to take on these responsibilities.

What distinguishes Digital Current from other providers?

We're able to call them a partner, rather than a vendor. Digital Current is willing to work with us and not for us. They ask us questions in order to determine how they can perform better.

Is there anything Digital Current could have improved or done differently?

A larger service menu would be helpful. They're willing to help us look for solutions for any out of the ordinary problem but, if they had different products to offer, we would be interested. Right now, they stick to a small amount of services.

If they presented a broader set of services, we'd be more likely to refer their business.

Organic SEO Projects for Marketing Agency

"We've been happy with the explanations Digital Current provided on technical elements."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

Digital Current was initially engaged to redesign a company website and manage organic SEO. Their work has expanded to include website development and SEO consultation for third-party clients.

Miami Metro Area
Digital Manager, Marketing Agency

Digital Current excels at working on a case-by-case basis and is attentive, flexible, and responsive to many types of clients. The team delivers consistent, high quality results and provides streamlined project management by offering a single point of contact.

We are a full service marketing and advertising agency.

I am the digital manager. I am in charge of our website's pay-per-click and SEO projects.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Digital Current?

We needed a redesign on our company website.

They initially worked strictly on our own website, doing organic SEO. We've then expanded their work to include our clients' websites, for development and SEO consultation.

How did you come to work with Digital Current?

We found them through a reference from another vendor that we work with. We contacted them about a project for launching a website, which we were working on at that time. They let us know about their reseller program, which is a good fit for our business model. By partnering up with them we can manage our clients' needs, giving them access to Digital Current's great services, in addition to the marketing they're doing with us.

Our annual cost is between $200,000 and $1,000,000.

We started our collaboration in August 2015. It's an ongoing relationship.

We've worked with SEO enough to understand that it doesn't entail quick changes. We've been happy with the explanations Digital Current provided on technical elements. They've worked with us on a case by case basis. Some clients can make changes on their own, based on Digital Current's recommendations, while others require a more hands-on approach. We've been happy with their work.

So far, Digital Current has only worked on layout and conversion analysis for our new website. It hasn't yet been launched, so I couldn't give exact traffic numbers. We have seen increases in traffic for our clients, but these stats depend on a number of factors.

We’ll see results more clearly within a few months, and have very high hopes for Digital Current’s work.

How did Digital Current perform from a project management standpoint?

I've worked with vendors that offer multiple project managers. This can get confusing and hectic, and I appreciate that Digital Current offers one person that I can be in constant contact with. This helps streamlining our process as an agency.

Is there anything Digital Current could have improved or done differently?

There could be more transparency in their processes, and some of their work has taken longer than anticipated to show results. This is normal for agencies of this type, and it's also due to our back-and-forth conversations with clients. Overall, we're very happy with the work Digital Current has been doing.

We do it every day.

Link Building for Digital Marketing Agency

"Digital Current is continually striving to get better at what they do."

2011 - Ongoing

Digital Current provides link building services to drive higher rankings for third-party clients.

Oregon
CEO, Digital Marketing Agency

Digital Current employs a focused, stringent process for generating high quality back-links. The team is knowledgeable and does not hesitate to seek feedback on performance. They have adjusted internal link-building processes, adapted them for the changing SEO market, and continue to improve.

Our company offers search marketing and other related digital marketing services.

I'm the Chief Executive Officer of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Digital Current?

We wanted to drive higher rankings for our clients through link building in particular. Digital Current are an outsourced vendor for us.

Their work is strictly limited to link building.

How did you come to work with Digital Current?

We started working with them years ago. We switched back and forth between them and a different company.

Our annual costs are between $10-50,000.

We started working with them again at the end of 2015, but we first started our collaboration five years ago.

They’re very particular about getting good quality back-links. They’re stringent and have their own process for doing this. Last month they contacted me about a placement they had for a particular client, which didn’t live up to their quality standards. They simply replaced it without being asked. Digital Current is continually striving to get better at what they do. We wouldn’t continually use them if they didn’t provide good quality links.

Link-building is a part of a larger ecosystem, so I couldn’t give you exact measures of success. Also, our clients typically don’t see the links we build for them.

How did Digital Current perform from a project management standpoint?

They do a decent job with this.

What distinguishes Digital Current from other providers?

They're a good company with a knowledgeable team.

Is there anything Digital Current could have improved or done differently?

Their billing process is something they need to update. It can be a little laborious. Anything else that they could have improved upon, they already did on their own.

When we first started working with them five years ago, they generated low-quality links. As soon as they found this out, they stopped doing it, and have continued to improve their processes. Search engine optimization was a different market at that time, too.

Search Engine Marketing for Marketing Agency

"We've seen great work from them in terms of support for the name change and site maintenance."

Digital Current provides SEO and content services. They improved an existing website’s structure by writing metatags, optimizing content and making backend adjustments like search engine integration.

Detroit Metro Area
President, Marketing Agency

Website traffic increased by 73% within 9 months and continues to grow. Digital Current is structured in their business approach and has been reliable, patient, and thorough throughout a rebranding campaign. Despite occasional limited availability, the team provides highly talented individuals.

We are a direct-to-consumer marketing agency that helps healthcare clients generate patient volumes for their businesses.

I am the president.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Digital Current?

We wanted to drive more qualified traffic to our own website and ultimately to our clients' sites.

They do SEO [search engine optimization] work and write website content for us. We use a different group for pay-per-click services.

We went to them with a site that hadn't been developed in terms of content. They were able to write some of the metatags and made the other necessary behind the scenes adjustments so that the site would have the right structure for nonhuman readability, such as search engine integration.

They looked at the content itself, assessing what that needed to be optimized for our readers. We set out on a rewriting project, which took us several months.

How did you come to work with Digital Current?

We looked at a variety of groups. We wanted someone that could handle pay per click as well as SEO and organic work. We set up a chart of criteria, narrowed our search down to three companies and ended up choosing Digital Current because they came from an organic background and had the best presentation in terms of what was going to direct people to our website and the importance of web linking.

The total cost so far has been in the $50,000 to $200,000 range.

It is ongoing work. We started working with them a year ago.

They helped us think through the structure for new additions that were made to our program as part of a rebranding we had undergone in October. Before making the name change, we were able to increase the traffic to the site by 73 percent through the course of nine months. Since then, it has continued to increase with the help of Digital Current. We've seen great work from them in terms of support for the name change and site maintenance.

From the pay-per-click side, we've had a couple of great months in terms of lead volume. We surpassed our prior numbers by 100 percent. It wasn't very consistent, though. We would see flashes of light that went away.

How did Digital Current perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very structured in how they approach their business. One thing we do struggle with is turnaround time because of their limited availability. We're a smaller client and have different expectations of how we are entered into their time slots.

What distinguishes Digital Current from other providers?

They stuck with us through a tough transition while changing the name of the organization. They were patient and thorough in helping us get that done.

Is there anything Digital Current could have improved or done differently?

As I've mentioned, they're often very busy. I can tell that they have talented people but, sometimes, they're not easy to reach.

Link Building Partnership for SEO Firm

“They’re flexible with pricing, which is the most compelling reason we choose to work with them.”

2013 - Ongoing

Digital Current serves as an outsourced provider for link building, augmenting an in-house team that provides SEO services. The team inputs business information into directories and produces blog content.

Pittsburgh Metro Area
Digital Marketing Leader, SEO Agency

Digital Current’s efforts have contributed indirectly to an increase in organic traffic. The team is well organized, dependable, and accessible and delivers high quality work on time. They are quick to address and fix issues and provide good customer service.

We are a full-service agency for RV dealers across the United States and Canada, providing everything from website development, design, and marketing services.

I am the digital marketing team leader. I oversee all marketing efforts in this field.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Digital Current?

We contracted them for link building, which is a part of the SEO [search engine optimization] services that we offer. It's a very tedious and timely process, which we outsource to them.

There are two different kinds of link building. The simplistic type involves putting our clients' business information on different local directories. The more involved service involves writing content on blogs and so on.

How did you come to work with Digital Current?

We found them through a site that ranks search engine optimization companies. They were ranked in the top five in the link-building category. We figured they were good, called them, and went from there.

In a year, we will spend $50,000 to $200,000 with them.

We started working with them in the fall of 2013 and have no plans to stop.

It's harder now than it ever used to be to localize the effects of our work, given the nature of Google's algorithms. We're not actually operating on theory, but we are building links because we're still being told that they're important. It's hard for us to quantify what specific link led to an X percent increase. We have seen increases in organic traffic, but I can't attribute them specifically to link building.

How did Digital Current perform from a project management standpoint?

We are satisfied with Digital Current. There've been occasional issues, but they've been quick to address and fix them. The work is done on time, they're dependable, and easy to get a hold of. They're well organized. We have many clients for which we use Digital Current. They have a portal in the form of a Google spreadsheet that helps keep things organized.

What distinguishes Digital Current from other providers?

They're flexible with pricing, which is the most compelling reason we choose to work with them. We have many clients, many of which don't spend much money with us. In volume, it adds up, but the individual packages we offer are small. Other link-building providers will only work with companies that are sending thousands of dollars per client, which is not the case with Digital Current. Other than that, there's nothing outstanding about them. Their customer service is decent.

Is there anything Digital Current could have improved or done differently?

They could have more initiative in terms of staying ahead of the curve. Things change quickly with link building and SEO in general. I sometimes feel that we continue having the wrong approach. Google could announce tomorrow that we shouldn't build websites for links anymore, and I'm not sure that they would reach out and tell us that the websites they're building are no longer well received. I think that this initiative would have to come from us. We always reach out to them with new ideas to try.

SEO Partnership for Marketing and Web Design Company

"What stands out is that the people behind the company care about the clients and businesses they work with."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2008 - Ongoing

Digital Current provides supplementary SEO services for third-party clients. They assist with off-page SEO during campaigns and serve as an intermediary link-building provider.

Pennsylvania
Head of SEO, Marketing & Web Design Company

Digital Current has increased the amount of clients with page 1 rankings and moved 50% of tracked keywords to the first page of Google. They employ efficient account management that can simply and easily handle a large client list. They continue to foster an engaged and professional relationship.

We are a business marketing and web design company. We work with small businesses that fit in the lead generation segment like gardeners, restaurants, lawyers, and plumbers through to nationwide e-commerce clients. We have about 700 clients. We offer SEO [search engine optimization], social media, pay-per-click services, and small business website design.

I'm the director of the search engine optimization team.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Digital Current?

They help us with our clients' SEO campaigns, and serve as an intermediary for us, working on our link-building services for our clients.

When managing a campaign, we handle on-page and off-page SEO. They help us with the latter, connecting us with different websites, in order to submit links to our clients' websites. They mostly handle link building, but also a small amount of article and blog post copywriting.

How did you come to work with Digital Current?

We found them through someone in our company who was familiar with their services, having met them at a conference. We started using them for a handful of clients, liked their services, and eventually extended to using them for almost all our SEO clients.

We spend around $1 million each year with them and, per client, we spend $100 to $200 each month.

We've been working with them for about eight years, and the work is ongoing.

Digital Current has helped us increase the amount of clients that have page one rankings. More than 50 percent of the keywords that we track are on the first page of Google, which is due both to the on-page SEO work that we do and to their work.

How did Digital Current perform from a project management standpoint?

In addition to performance, their account management is one of the primary reasons that we have stayed with them through the years. They make it very easy for us to do business. We have a large client list and have gotten it down to a science. We submit the list, and they take care of it at their end. It's simple and easy to work with them.

We've always been happy with the level of communication that they offer. They're quick and responsive. If we need to have a phone conversation, that will happen quickly and professionally.

What distinguishes Digital Current from other providers?

As great as the services they provide are, what stands out is that the people behind the company do care about the clients and businesses they work with. It's nice to have such a business relationship. There are many SEO vendors for which that doesn't happen.

Is there anything Digital Current could have improved or done differently?

No. They ask me that question every once in a while, but I'm completely fine with everything they do for us.