We would love to build your app for you!

SILVER VERIFIED

There are so many development companies that you can choose from

but we know that our job is to do four simple things:

1. Develop your software application.
  2. Maximize its value in the marketplace.
  3. Make it easy for you.
  4. Reduce or mitigate any risk throughout the process.

That's the reason so many companies, nonprofits, and organizations have decided to partner with us.

We would be thrilled to represent you as your software development partner.

WHAT WE DO:

• Native iOS and Android app development
  • Hybrid app development using ionic and ReactNative
  • Product Design and Strategy
  • Long term support

Digital Awesome: Leading technology partner for innovative entrepreneurs.

Digital Awesome is a full-scale mobile application development firm dedicated to cost-effective, fast, and reliable development.

Visit digitalawesome.co and see why so many founders, entrepreneurs, and fast-growing companies pick Digital Awesome as their technology partner.

Spokane, WA
  • 1501 S Mullen St. #991
    Spokane, WA 99001

Digital Awesome is a team of digital experts that thrive on helping the most admired companies in the world build applications that matter.

TripleDouble - Teaching kids math through sports Image

TripleDouble - Teaching kids math through sports

TripleDouble is a sports game designed to teach kids math using their favorite basketball players.

The game uses interactive animations, multipliers, and scoring algorithms to challenge kids while they learn essential math concepts.

Players go through four quarters, each quarter becoming more difficult but with more rewards. Players can challenge other players in one-on-one or play against the system to beat

their high score.
LevelMatePRO - RV Leveling System Image

LevelMatePRO - RV Leveling System

For LogicBlueTech, it was imperative to rebuild the LevelMatePRO mobile application from the ground up. The performance and reliability of the mobile app are critical to the success of the LevelMatePRO product. Focused on maintaining their position as the leader in the industry, LogicBlueTech worked with us to completely redesign and build their Leveling mobile applications.

Cooley Auctions - Property Auction Management and Reporting Image

Cooley Auctions - Property Auction Management and Reporting

The Cooley Auctions platform serves as a front facing client website, auction booking and management platform and reporting tool. The application is widely known in the industry as the top auction reporting tool in the industry.

Givelist - Financial Technology application for social giving Image

Givelist - Financial Technology application for social giving

The givelist application is designed to disrupt the non profit giving industry. Built for both individual givers and funds the application is built to manage Non Profit accountability and reporting. The application is built as a web application that powers an iOS and Android Application with the same name.

Josh Phegan Membership - Subscription Membership Training Platform Image

Josh Phegan Membership - Subscription Membership Training Platform

Josh Phegan Membership includes more than video and audio courses. The application is built with custom KPI tracking technology. Real time statistic boards. Group management and reporting tools for teams. Leaderboards and activity monitoring.

Josh Phegan also has four iOS and Android applications to accompany his suite of agent training tools.

AuctionNow - Real Time Property Auction Bidding Platform Image

AuctionNow - Real Time Property Auction Bidding Platform

AuctionNow is a property auction management and livestream application. The ecosystem includes a base web application where Agents can manage all facets of a property auction. Integration with all majorProperty CRMs. Sub second real time live streaming. Computer Vision Image recognition and ID scanning technology.

Broadcast companion iOS and Android Applications so agents and auctioneers can stream property auctions in

real time to bidders anywhere in the world.

UI/UX Designs for Agricultural Weather Network

"We have a trustful relationship, which makes everything easier."

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

After creating the scope of work, Digital Awesome supported the development of a mobile app for an agricultural weather network. They designed the platform’s interfaces and integrated a feature for data input.

Seattle, Washington
David Brown
AgWeatherNet Director, Washington State University

Digital Awesome facilitated a successful product launch and delivered user-friendly designs that garnered positive feedback from stakeholders. The team is not only accessible and dependable but also communicative. Their responsiveness and pragmatism result in a lasting partnership.

I’m the director of an agricultural weather network at Washington State University. We provide weather data and support tools for farmers across the state of Washington.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Awesome?

We needed a company to develop a mobile app for delivering weather information.

We asked them about the most efficient method of development, and then their team came up with an approach to this project. While we provided the backend and database, Digital Awesome created the app’s design and the web interface’s design. They also built a way for us to plug-in weather data to organizations. Now, their team helps to build all of the modules for our different support tools.

I’m in contact with Mark (CTO and Technical Co-Founder).

How did you come to work with Digital Awesome?

We talked to numerous companies and wanted to partner with one based in Washington. We conducted interviews and asked potential vendors about how their team planned to approach our challenge. Digital Awesome was the best option. We initially engaged them to develop a scope of work that we used to collect bids. They were still the best company.

We’ve spent about $100,000 on their services.

We started working together in October 2019, and we’re now on our fourth contract.

The platforms are now available. The data feed and framework are in place. Our stakeholders like the designs and the interfaces’ intuitiveness.

How did Digital Awesome perform from a project management standpoint?

Once a week, I’m in contact with Mark. Their communication’s great. There was a period of time when they were slow to respond. However, we overwhelmed them with change requests.

We have a trustful relationship, which makes everything easier. When writing up an agreement, we can’t account for every possible contingency. As we built the platforms, their team was quite open to minor changes and didn’t charge a lot more. They’re flexible and reasonable.

We had to identify the best way to manage change requests. We set up a board where we post and pick through requests. We needed an automated way to track changes, which took us a while to figure out.

You can trust them.

We haven’t met all the deadlines and some of that was our fault. They’re a small shop and get overwhelmed. They’re always responsive.

Mobile App Dev & Website for Wireless Vehicle Level System

"Digital Awesome is made up of an honest team that is easy to work with."

Dec. 2019 - May 2020

After outlining the user journey, Digital Awesome developed a native iOS and Android mobile app, an Apple Watch app, and a website.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Chuck Leonard
President & Owner, LogicBlue Technology

Digital Awesome delivered a visually-appealing, professional app that has received extremely positive customer feedback. The team has made itself accessible throughout the partnership, responding to emails in a timely manner. They are an easy partner, and they worked hard to complete the project.

I’m the president and owner of LogicBlue Technology. We make consumer electronics for the RV industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Awesome?

We’ve always been self-reliant for app and web development and have a particular product that is over 90% of our revenue.

We wanted to have apps written in native code, for which we don’t have internal expertise, to make them more functional and to increase the operational reliability of our product.

The other apps that we had been using for years were only supportable by our team, which was detrimental to the value of our company.

First, they created 'user stories' that defined how the user goes through the app in a text-based format. This formed the basis of a roadmap for development. Digital Awesome then developed an Android and iOS mobile app and wrote an Apple Watch app. Additionally, they built our website.

I worked mostly with Mark (President) and his wife. I also interacted with the programmers on a couple of occasions.

How did you come to work with Digital Awesome?

We did a lot of internet research and tried to get references from other companies who had worked with app development companies. We didn’t have much luck with those avenues and we were getting pricing that was all over the place.

We stumbled across Digital Awesome while doing our research. Mark was willing to come to North Carolina and spend a day with us to understand our project. The price that we paid for the initial meeting was reasonable. We had a good feeling about them.

We spent about $65,000.

Mark visited us in November or December 2019 and the project was completed in mid-May 2020. We only make small change requests now.

Since completing the project Digital Awesome has been quick to respond to any issues that have arisen. The feedback that I’m getting from customers who had used our old app is that they really like the new app and its features. It looks and works better and more professional.

The product is sold to the RV industry, which is made up of people who like to DIY. So the fact that our old app didn’t look polished wasn’t too much of a problem because it was functional and we were selling to that specific audience.

Now the app has contextual help and offers support at every step of the installation and use processes. People were setting up our product using a manual, but now we don’t even ship out a manual. So far, so good.

How did Digital Awesome perform from a project management standpoint?

The team is always accessible. They return our emails in hours rather than days. Project management has never been an issue.

I would say that I expect more than some people would but they’ve never given me any reason to be concerned about the project management because they always set and meet expectations without even being asked.

We had some small delays and the project was completed about two weeks later than the original target date, but some of that was due to app flow changes that we made. At the end, they worked during the weekends to make sure the work was delivered.

In comparison to other vendors in general, Digital Awesome is easier to work with, more responsive, and more professional in their work output than other companies I’ve dealt with.

No, there are no areas of improvement.

Don’t be afraid of choosing a small company when it comes to Digital Awesome. They do good work, and you don’t have to be concerned about them taking your money and not delivering the product. Digital Awesome is made up of an honest team that is easy to work with.

Considering that all of the development took place during a global pandemic, they did excellently.

Mobile App Dev & Design for Math Education App

"The team did a great job of completing their work within the budget, timeframe, and scope."

Nov. 2019 - Mar. 2020

Digital Awesome developed and design a preliminary version of a mobile game app. Their work involved mapping out the storyboards, deciding on the general layout, and providing several design elements.

Tennessee
Owner, Math Education App

The fully-functional app that Digital Awesome developed has received positive internal feedback. In addition to having excellent project management skills, the team was able to bridge the gap between the technical and visual aspects of the app, making for a seamless working relationship.

I don’t work for an organization or a company, but I’m looking to launch an app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Awesome?

I had an idea that I wanted to test out which involves coming up with a couple of online education tools that help kids with math. One of those tools is a mobile math game app that’s based on the numbers on basketball players’ jerseys.

Digital Awesome designed and developed the app game itself. They helped map out the storyboards and how users would interact with and play the game, as well as all of the design elements.

They then put all of those pieces together into the full gameplay. For now, it’s a first, fully-functional version of the game that I can test and show to people to see if they’d like to use it.

I worked with Mark (President) as well as one of the project managers. They had a team of developers but Mark was my primary point of contact.

How did you come to work with Digital Awesome?

I had looked around online for a ton of app developers and read a couple of reviews. When I found Digital Awesome, it was the first company where I felt like I was talking to a real person and not just someone behind an email or a chatbot.

Once I talked to Mark, it was good to know that he was a real person and had great ideas. I also saw some of their previous work and knew they had the expertise to get the work done.

I spent about $15,000.

Our engagement began in November 2019. Although Digital Awesome finished their part of the work, there may be some future iterations.

I really love the first version of the game. The team did a great job of completing their work within the budget, timeframe, and scope.

How did Digital Awesome perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed exceptionally well.

They scheduled time every week to go through the project, which made me feel like I could connect with the team. Mark did a very good job of balancing the technical side with the visual side of how I knew I wanted the app to look. He bridged that gap very well and made it easy to work together.

No, I have no suggestions. Overall, I was really impressed with the way they developed the app.

It’s helpful if you have a loose idea of your app in mind. It was great to brainstorm ideas with the team. It may have been tougher if I had put all of the work on them. But, instead, I had an idea that I was guiding them toward and they were really good at responding.

Web Development & Maintenance for Email Encryption Site

"I feel that they've been incredibly helpful and innovative. I like working with them."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

An email encryption service hired Digital Awesome to assist with website maintenance. In addition to maintaining servers and building test programs, Digital Awesome helped increase the security of the service.

Anaconda, Montana
Terry Higgins
CEO, No Trail Email

The work Digital Awesome has provided is incredibly valuable. Innovative and helpful, Digital Awesome maintains an organized and skilled team of developers. Also, their honest team is transparent about fees and is a pleasure to work with.

I’m the CEO of No Trail Email, an email encryption service.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Awesome?

Mark (President, Digital Awesome) has helped me out with multiple technology projects. He helps me with web maintenance, although I built the website. I actually started building websites 30 years ago in 1990, but the revisions started taking too much time.

He helps build programs for me to test for our site. He also does everything on my server, doing the continual development behind my site. I believe he uses just about every programming language. This includes everything from C++ to Basic, and he uses JavaScript for the server.

Also, Mark helped with my key technique. My email encryption technique is based upon my time as a fighter pilot in the United States Air Force. When you shoot down an airliner, you have something called an authenticator. It writes a constantly changing code that tells you if you should shoot that plane down. The code changes every six hours.

Email alleges to be secure, but its encryption doesn’t change. Anyone who’s good at breaking code can find a way to access them. My service acts like a fighter pilot’s authenticator to prevent this. It uses a thumb drive, delivered via courier service, that has over a million lines of code that constantly changes—similar to how the United States launches nuclear weapons.

Finally, there’s a key to access this via the thumb drive. Mark enhanced this key. Expanding the physical key code, he doubled the number of digits, rendering the emails virtually impossible to hack.

Mark’s a programmer, and he has about 2–3 subcontractors across the country.

How did you come to work with Digital Awesome?

Mark only lives about four hours north of me, so I went out to his campground and met him last summer. I worked with many other contractors over the year and really hit it off with Mark. He has a great sense of humor and is a very cordial person.

I think I’ve spent just over $12,000 in total.

We started work in January 2019. Although we’re currently paused while we’re waiting for additional funding, we anticipate the relationship will resume shortly.

How did Digital Awesome perform from a project management standpoint?

He’s given me a document called “Build, Cost, Outline.” Build Cost Outline walks me through everything he’ll do, breaking down pricing and fees.

Also, he’s very good at coordinating his developers. They’re very talented, and he ensures their work is organized.

I’ve worked with incredibly skilled programmers before that are fundamentally dishonest people. Mark is honest, and I trust him.

No, I’m very happy.

I have so much confidence in him that I link to his website from mine. Work with him.

Document Automation & Web Development Discovery Phase

"They were very good listeners and gave me a lot of room to express my ideas as they evolved."

June - July 2019

Digital Awesome conducted a preliminary discovery phase to explore the logistics of a potential web development project. The site would involve custom plug-ins, third-party integrations, and design services.

York, Maine
Smilie G. Rogers
Attorney, Brennan & Rogers, PLLC

The final report walked stakeholders through the web development life cycle, giving insights into technical requirements and prospective costs. Although the client chose not to pursue the project, the discovery phase was instrumental in painting a full picture of the process.

I am an attorney with Brennan & Rogers, PLLC, in York, Maine.

For what projects/services did your company hire Digital Awesome?

I retained Digital Awesome to conduct a discovery process for establishing a website and to prepare a staging site.

The goal for my engagement was to conduct a prelimary review of the idea, site design and custom plugins that would be needed and to develop an estimated cost for full development. I chose not to move forward with full development but that decision was based on personal decisions and not on the work of Digital Awesome, which was great.

By chance.

The project involved the integration of two separate programs and Digital Awesome did a great job helping me understand the process involve. The discovery process that was recommended was very valuable in helping me make future decisions.

I worked with Mark Nelson and his associate, Marissa. They were very good listeners and gave me a lot of room to express my ideas as they evolved during the process.

Not applicable.

Communication was done by Zoom and was effective but down to earth. Don't expect a fancy meeting.

Mark clearly knows his way around the development of a project.

As an attorney, I might recommend a more professional setting for some of the Zoom meetings but that is because that is what I am used to. I would also recommend scheduling out conferences in advance at the time of the last call and always having an agenda.

This is a relative expression. I might expect the same from most web development company.

Custom Web Dev for Regulation-Compliant WordPress Portal

“We have a good track record from working together for a long time.”

Mar. – June 2018

Digital Awesome designed and developed a custom WordPress plugin to create an API call from the Fund America API. It enables users to conduct end-to-end Regulation A+ transactions without leaving the site.

California
Partner, Equity Fund

Digital Awesome has demonstrated a best-in-class caliber of work. Attentive to the client’s needs, they intuit top priorities and maintain a diligent work ethic to target the ideal outcomes. Led by a sharp and innovative CEO, the team cultivated a flexible, productive, and synergistic dynamic.

I work in the finance industry. As a partner at an equity fund, I'm in charge of managing a number of portfolio companies as well as raising money for the business.  I'm also the VP of acquisitions at a venture capital firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Awesome?

We hired Digital Awesome to solve a fundraising problem we'd encountered. Our efforts focused on finding a solution that would allow us to raise money through public crowdfunding online utilizing the Regulation A+ of Title IV of the JOBS Act. It’s possible to do so via a marketplace site, but that method comes with significant disadvantages.

As an alternative, we wanted to create a custom piece of software fit for purpose and compatible with our own websites and environments. By leveraging the API from the Fund America website, we planned to create a portal that could be deployed in a WordPress environment.

I worked on a web development project with Digital Awesome that centered on a WordPress plugin. It allows us to accept money through the Regulation A+ crowdfunding regulations in the JOBS Act.

While the project's scope included extensive development, it wasn't overly complex. Based on an API from Fund America, we created an API call using software Digital Awesome built in the WordPress plugin. This way, users can conduct entire transactions within our website rather than having to navigate to an external platform. The ability to stay within our website for the entire process makes for a smooth and complete user experience.

I interface directly with Mark (CEO, Digital Awesome). He is fantastic to work with.

How did you come to work with Digital Awesome?

I hired Digital Awesome because the CEO had been the lead developer at my old company. We have a good track record from working together for a long time.

We spent approximately $70,000.

We worked together from March–June 2018.

Right now, we're in the process of utilizing the technology Digital Awesome delivered. Despite some internal delays last summer, everything looks like it's going well now. Digital Awesome's quality of work is fantastic, so I'm not worried about the outcomes. I know everything will turn out great.

How did Digital Awesome perform from a project management standpoint?

Digital Awesome uses the set process of going through an established workflow. We held weekly meetings via Zoom calls and organized the project using Trello. The team is very agile and adjusts according to our needs.

Attention to detail and customer service are the two qualities I admire most about Digital Awesome. The CEO has done an impressive job of building his company.

Nothing comes to mind right now. I recommend Digital Awesome to many of our portfolio companies because there’s nothing they need to improve. Most web development shops are very disorganized and poorly run. Mark (CEO, Digital Awesome) listens carefully to his customers and pays close attention to the relevant details.

As a premium shop, Digital Awesome isn't cheap, but they offer the ideal value. Choosing a cheap web developer is usually more expensive in the long run.
    I refer numerous people to Digital Awesome all the time. Through these references, they’ve secured several new clients in the past year alone.

Dev for Charity FinTech Platform

“I’ve worked with many dev teams, and Digital Awesome has done a phenomenal job.”

Digital Awesome built a desktop app and is currently working on an iOS and Android version. They collaborated with the in-house team on the design and integrated features such as bank verification and ACH.

Malibu, California
Jonathan Beck
President, GiveList

Digital Awesome is trustworthy and professional, doing high-quality work for a competitive price. They’re extremely organized and transparent, clearly outlining their past and current work. The team proactively engages in the project, making them a fantastic partner.

I’m the president of GiveList, a financial technology app that lets anyone in the U.S. open a charitable bank account, which they can use to distribute their money to any U.S. nonprofit they want.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Awesome?

We had designs and a good idea of what we wanted the product to be, so we just needed a partner to develop it.

We gave Digital Awesome our designs, and they iterated on and improved them. From there, we moved into the dev phase for the desktop app. The product allows users to give money to a nonprofit with a click of a button and enables them to see the impact and tax reporting of their donation. Digital Awesome used React for the frontend, and integrated Plaid and Stripe for bank verification and ACH. They also implemented a relational database with cryptography. They’re currently working on an Android and iOS version of the app, as well as helping with bug fixes, support, and adding new features.

They provide four team members, including for UX/UI, design, and backend.

How did you come to work with Digital Awesome?

We found them on Clutch. We got estimates from about ten companies and liked Digital Awesome the most. They were the best value and were transparent about their pricing.

We’ve spent around $30,000.

We’ve been working together since April 2018.

I’ve worked with many dev teams, and Digital Awesome has done a phenomenal job. They’re honest and built the product to be able to scale, which is what we wanted. Beta testers have given positive feedback and only criticized the components that I’m responsible for.

How did Digital Awesome perform from a project management standpoint?

They have great project management and documentation, using Jira and GitHub to keep things organized. I track progress through Trello, and we usually communicate through email and weekly phone calls. They have transparent task management and system calendars, clearly showing what phase of the project they’re working on. Their invoices are easy to understand too, which we greatly appreciate.

They’re a trustworthy team that’s painless to work with. It feels more like a partnership than an outside contractor.

The more you communicate with them, the better the engagement will be.

App Dev & Salesforce Migration for Real Estate Coaching Firm

"I was impressed by their strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities."

Jan. 2018 - Jan. 2019

In addition to developing an Android and iOS mobile app, Digital Awesome coordinated a Salesforce migration and a hosting environment transfer to Amazon S3 servers for a real estate coaching firm.

Double Bay, Australia
Founder, Real Estate Coaching Firm

Business processes are more streamlined, and the number of transactions has increased. Digital Awesome proved to be a trustworthy vendor, capable of delivering successful work to meet a number of varied requirements. The team excels at communicating and providing thoughtful solutions.

I am a motivational speaker, trainer, and coach for real estate agents and agencies.

For what projects/services did your company hire Digital Awesome?

I wanted my company’s systems, client interactions, and customer experiences to all be digital- or mobile-first, making it easier for our staff to manage client relationships on the road and to make it easier for our audience to consume our products and services on demand. We contracted with Digital Awesome to facilitate these goals.

In our efforts to become mobile-first, we hoped to streamline workflow and integrate new systems.

We worked with Mark (CEO, Digital Awesome) as a freelancer in the past.

We tasked Digital Awesome with developing a mobile application for our membership program for Android and iOS. They also delivered a pared-down version of the application with limited content for conference attendees. They set up and moved our hosting environment to Amazon S3 servers and transitioned us to a new app stack to streamline workflows across Salesforce, MailChimp, Autopilot, and Stripe. They also upgraded our internal systems to track more than 4,500 individual transactions through our shopping cart.

We communicated directly with Mark, who then coordinated with his team of specialists.

We have been able to reimagine our business model to meet consumer demand. We’ve streamlined our business processes to work with more customers more often, and we’ve increased the volume of transactions we process.

We coordinated with weekly strategy meetings via Zoom and 24-hour Slack support.

I was impressed by their strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.

The Australian dollar and the United States dollar fluctuate, so opening an Australian branch would make it easier to budget.

Website Redesign for Real Estate Company

"Both the website and our overall ranking have improved."

Apr. - May 2019

Digital Awesome provided website redesign and development services, working on custom pages for a WordPress site.

Malibu, California
Justin Cumbee
Marketing Coordinator and Associate Partner, The Mark and Grether Group

The finished website receives positive feedback from its users, improving in search rankings as a result of the work. They managed the project smoothly, ensuring that communication was effective at all times.

We work in Malibu real estate. I’m our marketing coordinator and an associate partner agent.

For what projects/services did your company hire Digital Awesome?

We wanted to give our website an entirely new look while preserving its data and functionality.

To feature our listings and their associated images. We also wanted to modernize the site to make it comparable to the industry standards and create an easier and better user experience as a whole.

We were referred by a local business consultant.

They worked on our custom WordPress pages, focusing on their reorganization, troubleshooting and bug fixing, and creating in-depth training videos for our team.

Marissa (Project Manager, Digital Awesome) was my main point of contact, while Mark (CTO & Technical Founder, Digital Awesome) helped to oversee the project and joined weekly calls.

We've had a lot of positive feedback already. Both the website and our overall ranking have improved.

It was effective. Everyone was kept in the loop about the status of our site.

Their pricing was very competitive compared to our previous designer. They worked well with my designs and templates, responded quickly when things weren't working, and made very thorough training videos so we can service it ourselves.

SILVER VERIFIED