We Code. Hire Us.

Devscale is one of the top mobile app developer in Chicago with clients internationally. We service funded startups, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies for custom software development. We have all the resources and scale of large agencies, but move at startup speed — a must for many of our large, globally competitive clients who have to get to market quickly.

Chicago, IL
    Brazil
  • Grzybowska 62
    Warszawa 00844
    Poland

- Budweiser - RocNation - LISNR - Clockwork.ai - Tuli - Parting Stone - Family Rosary - OrangeQC
Campbell's Soup - SAP Implementation Image

Campbell's Soup - SAP Implementation

We worked closesly with Campbell's IT team to implement a custom SAP Marketing dashboard for internal use.

SoulCycle - UltraCore Shopping Experience Image

SoulCycle - UltraCore Shopping Experience

Devscale built a unique online/in-store shopping experience for the Ultracore brand within SoulCycle locations. Our team created a 3D environment to customize  high-end, luxury leggings. The experience took place via in-store kiosks where members could choose size, print, and custom embroidering all on a 3d model of the legging.

Made in America Mobile App Image

Made in America Mobile App

Each year, Budweiser and Roc Nation partner up to run the Made in Ameria Music Festival. Devscale was tasked with updating their existing mobile app with a new 'Scavenger Hunt' feature. We utilized LISNR SmartTone technology to engage festival goers like never before. The results were astounding!

Clockwork.ai Image

Clockwork.ai

Clockwork is a tool that creates your financial model, cash flow forecast, metrics, and scenarios all in one place, in real-time. The application fully integrates with both Quickbooks Online and Xero accounting software APIs. We took all of the accounting data and applied an artificial intelligence layer on top to create insgights like never beforee.

Family Rosary - Mobile App Re-design Image

Family Rosary - Mobile App Re-design

With over 2 Million downloads, the Family Rosary app tasked us with creating a more modern and user friendly experience. We coudln't be more proud with the work our team was able to produce for an ap with so many users.

Family Rosary - Mobile App Re-design Image

Family Rosary - Mobile App Re-design

Dev for Scheduling Tool SaaS

"They’ve been a pleasure to work with."

June 2019 - Ongoing

After many failed engagements with other vendors, Devscale helped design the product of an AI-driven SaaS that focuses on time management and scheduling. They incorporated unique features and functionalities.

Gary Scheier
CEO, BAMM

Devscale greatly improved upon the client’s existing MVP. Given free rein, the team integrated amazing improvements and value-adds to the product. Their strong suit is in their ability to strategize and improve upon a basic framework. They’ve secured an ongoing partnership as development continues.

I’m the CEO of a SaaS company that specializes in time management and scheduling. Our product uses AI to coordinate your work life with your private life to help you better manage the two.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devscale?

We’d worked with numerous development vendors in the past, but we had been continuously disappointed. We were seeking thought leadership to guide us with product design and strategy. We engaged Devscale in the hopes that they’d be the right partner to develop our main product offering.

We’d already launched an MVP that we weren’t completely happy with. In order to scale the product, Devscale asked me what I was looking for, functionality-wise. I gave them free-rein to add unique and value-adding features because I got the sense that they were experts on our market.

Working off of our wireframes, they spearheaded the design process of conceptualizing unique components for the product. It was still a collaborative process, where they also implemented improvements to pre-existing features. We held conference calls to approve and finalize different functionalities. We’re yet to turn these designs into development. That’s the next step that we’re looking to launch.

Adrian (Project Manager, Devscale) was in charge, and Thomas (Co-Founder, Devscale) sat in on every call.

How did you come to work with Devscale?

They came recommended to us after we had failed engagements with a few other development houses in Chicago. We tried them out, and from the very beginning, we knew that they were the right people for us.

We’ve invested somewhere around $30,000 so far, although that’ll go up with phase two.

We started working together in July 2019, and it’s an ongoing project. We’re about to launch the development phase.

While we’re yet to develop the final product, I can speak to the quality of Devscale’s ideas. They presented me with a phenomenal product concept and a detailed plan of what it looks like and how it’s going to function. It was awesome to see our product develop and improve in their hands.

They dealt with our needs and understood what we wanted, which was ideal for a small company like ours. They’ve been a pleasure to work with.

How did Devscale perform from a project management standpoint?

They were just terrific at coordinating our calls and presenting us with demos. We used Basecamp, which allowed us to track project progress.

They’re distinguished by their genuine excitement about the project. You can tell that they’re excited to be a part of something. We felt their phenomenal sense of ownership over the product which led to a stronger collaboration overall.

No, everything has been ideal so far.

You’ll end up with a better product if you’re open-minded and not too dogmatic about what you want. Their strong suit is in their ability to strategize and improve upon a product.

Custom Software Dev for Business Model Simulation Co

"They don’t hit the bare minimum but rather go above and beyond."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

Devscale supplemented resources to support the development of a custom software product for a SaaS company. They created wireframes and the product’s UX as well as built the data architecture and AI interfaces.

Kurt Johnson
CEO, P3rceive

Devscale produced high-quality and secure deliverables that enabled a successful product launch and generated positive feedback from initial users. The team provides accurate estimates for the project’s timeline. They communicate technical concepts clearly to facilitate effective collaboration.

I’m the CEO of a SaaS company called Prceive, which provides a platform for business model simulation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devscale?

As we’re a startup, we needed a development team that not only knew how to build with the software but also knew how to focus on product design.

We talked with Devscale about our concept for the designs. Then, their team made the concept a reality. They created wireframes and the UX as well as implemented the backend data architecture. Their team also mapped out the interfaces for the more complex artificial intelligence elements. The exploratory work’s complete and their team continues to support us as we transition into the full-blown project.

Our primary point of contact was Thomas (Co-Founder). A couple of other folks worked on the project too.

How did you come to work with Devscale?

Prior to this engagement, I sent around 14 RFPs to various companies based in various continents. They all came in with their own Achilles heel. I talked to a colleague who then suggested Devscale.

We’ll spend between $200,000–$400,000 on their services.

We began working with Devscale in 2019 and the collaboration’s ongoing.

The result of their work is that our product’s now in the market. We have about 15 customers who love the product. Their work also enables us to work on more projects with them. Their designs and the platform’s stability are outstanding.

How did Devscale perform from a project management standpoint?

I don’t code, so their team manages me through Basecamp. Devscale’s unique in their ability to not only say that they’ll be, but also actually be on time and on budget.

Their team translates the different complexities around their activities into understandable terms well. That level of transparency was terrific. Their team was curious and excited, coming back to us with suggestions for improvements. They don’t hit the bare minimum but rather go above and beyond. Devscale has a say it and do it approach. They’re competent enough to say that they will complete a task by a certain day and then complete it by that day.

No, I don’t think so.

Whether a customer knows exactly what they want or don’t know how to articulate their ideas, Devscale will pull them into the collaboration.

Web Dev for Law Firm Consulting Company

“They’re transparent above all else. They held to every deadline.”

July - Aug. 2019

Devscale developed a client portal for a law firm consultancy. Integrating it with a preexisting website, the platform makes it easy to pay bills, log tech issues, and communicate across teams.

Matt Bradley
Founder & Principals, Aerie Advisors

The portal received positive feedback from initial users and investors. Devscale proposed creative solutions that improved the platform and guaranteed success. By naming a single point of contact, communication was streamlined, and everything was managed efficiently.

I’m the founder and principle for Aerie Advisors. We’re a unique consulting company for law firms . We specifically help by streamlining or helping the launch of boutique law firms. So, we advise on all aspects of their business operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devscale?

One of the core challenges is ease of use and simplicity of technology tools that might make their life easier. So what I was hoping to build, and what Devscale was a partner in, was a client portal page behind our website.

They developed a client portal so lawyers were able to log in through a clean and easy to use environment where they could see and pay their bills, log issues or problems they need to address and communicate with my organization. So really, centralizing all of our work through this productivity tool. Our website was already built, so this portal is a jump-off of our original website.

The project went from inception to prototype in a very short turnaround. We then used feedback from my clients to define what would be necessary to attract new users and make it easy to use.

At the beginning, we worked with Thomas (Co-founder) and John (Co-founder). On the project side, we worked closely with Andrew, who was our main point of contact. He oversaw several designers and other folks. But, as a customer, it was nice having that main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Devscale?

My business is about authentic relationships, so I was looking for recommendations based on their good caliber and character. A family friend introduced us. I’ve been talking to a few other organizations, but I trusted this person. I was impressed by their straightforwardness and their candor.

I’ve spent about $10,000.

The campaign started in July 2019 and we wrapped it up in August.

Certainly, my investors and our first client users have validated their work. Feedback has been favorable. They created a clean platform that meets our objectives by simplifying use.

How did Devscale perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re transparent above all else. They held to every deadline. Internally, they coordinated well, and I never got the same message more than once. People who were responding on the project side were always prepared for calls and check-ins. Everybody was in the right lane, and everything was well-structured and well-organized. We didn’t have any issues.

We sued online tools to leave messages. I also used email and phone calls because that’s how  I work best. They certainly made it easy for me to leave comments and edits.

They brought a level of creativity to this. Instead of taking my vision and creating a simple version, they brought creative alternatives to improve upon my idea. I really appreciated that.

I’m struggling to come up with any point where they came up short. I really am satisfied.

They’ll do what you tell them, they’re capable of that, but you’ll really be missing out. If you’re willing to come into the project with open eyes and open to their ideas, the project will be better in its totality.

Web Dev & UI/UX Design for Healthcare Provider

"The Devscale team never missed a deadline throughout the project, completing their work either on time or in advance."

Nov. 2018 - Feb. 2019

Devscale assisted a mental health care provider with the revamp of their WordPress website. They focused on improving user experience, including the implementation of a customized appointment-booking process.

Steve Shaheen
Founder & Head of Business Operations, June Health

Judging by price, speed, and quality, internal stakeholders feel they received an extremely high return on investment from their engagement with Devscale. Throughout the project, the team was highly collaborative and communicative, and they remain available to support with website updates.

I’m a founder and the director of operations at June Health, a healthcare provider that focuses on mental health services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devscale?

We wanted to improve the digital user experience offered on our website.

Devscale offered basic web frontend design and backend functionality using WordPress. The team implemented custom animations as well as a tailored appointment-booking process. The look and feel of the sight was very important to me, so I worked closely with the team throughout the design phase.

Also, Devscale provided an internal software that improves the check-in process.

We worked with about four people, including one main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Devscale?

I worked with Devscale in a prior role, and I was really pleased with the quality of their work.

We began working with them in November 2018. The website was completed in February 2019, though we still consult with Devscale occasionally to make updates.

The quality of work Devscale provided is great. The site operates quickly and the user experience is up to our expectations.

How did Devscale perform from a project management standpoint?

They allowed me to talk to the developers directly, which was extremely helpful.

The Devscale team never missed a deadline throughout the project, completing their work either on time or in advance. There were never any surprises in terms of cost, and their level of communication was very high.

We stayed in touch over Basecamp, and I was able to communicate over text and calls with our project manager.

To us, the real cost of a vendor isn’t what you pay for them, but the combination of price, time, and quality. Devscale delivered across all three of those factors.

No, nothing comes to mind.

Decide the level of involvement that you want to have upfront. Devscale’s team can operate across the spectrum of high to low involvement, but your engagement will be the most efficient if you align your expectations early on.

They were always on time.
    Their cost is reasonable, and they don’t take up too much of your time, which is often the most valuable resource.
    They provided very high quality work.
    I recommend them to a lot of people.

Mobile App Dev for Advertisement Delivery Platform

“Their willingness to engage and add value through their creative suggestions went above and beyond.”

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

Working from the ground up, Devscale serves as the mobile app development team for a ad delivery platform. After creating iOS and Android apps, they plan to move on to building a web app for the product.

CEO, AdXero, Inc.

While the product has yet to launch, the internal team is impressed with the quality of their work. They were capable of abiding by requirements as well as actively suggesting solutions to problems. Through regular communication, all parties remained up to date on progress throughout.

I’m the CEO of a patented ad delivery system, and we’re about to launch this year.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devscale?

We’re still in the fundraising stage, so it was easier to hire outside contractors than to attempt to develop the product in-house.

We provided them with the prototype and dictated how the app was supposed to work in accordance with the teachings of the patent. So far, they’ve created the mobile app on both iOS and Android from scratch. We’ve just engaged them to focus on our backend system that will run the web app in the future.

This is an opt-in services product. Users can input their demographic information and interest level in purchasing certain products. Advertisers would see this an send them ads to watch. In exchange for consuming that media, users are sent a credit that can be used to pay their phone bills.

We had one main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Devscale?

We did a search for a Los Angeles-based company. I was referred to them by another company that didn’t have the capacity to do the required work. They understood what we needed pretty quickly, so we decided to move forward.

So far, we’ve spent about $106,000 on the project.

We started collaborating in October 2019, and our team is currently reengaging with them for our web app.

They delivered exactly what I asked for, offering additional suggestions throughout the process. We were very pleased with the outcome. The app isn’t released to the public yet, but its quality is top-notch. We have a major partner that is looking to release it into their environment, and they’re pleased with it. It looks great and functions perfectly, so we’re happy with the outcome.

How did Devscale perform from a project management standpoint?

They send me updates on how much time is spent on the project, which allows them to perform ahead of schedule. We communicate on a weekly basis through Basecamp, responding to documents and feedback as quickly as possible. There’s nothing that they dropped or didn’t take care of right away. We’re pleased with the performance of their team from a project management perspective.

Their willingness to engage and add value through their creative suggestions went above and beyond. They didn’t just do what I asked—they overperformed.

I can’t think of anything that would be a downside to working with them. They stay on top of things, so I was pleased with their performance.

As long as you can articulate your needs and they can repeat that back to you, they can move very quickly and be successful in delivering to your standards. You have to know what you want up front to do this. If you don’t have that in the beginning, you’ll end up making changes along the way. That’s going to be more difficult to handle smoothly.

Overall Score They’re responsive, and I’m looking forward to working with them in the future.
    It ended up costing less than expected.
    I can’t see a reason that anyone wouldn’t want to work with them.

Full Stack Dev for AI-Powered Financial Services Software

"Everyone who sees the product is amazed at its beauty."

May 2018 - Ongoing

A financial forecasting startup hired Devscale to be its tech co-founder. They built the entire platform from wireframes to completion. When they found an issue with QuickBooks, they had Intuit fix it for them.

St. Louis, Missouri
Fady Hawatmeh
Founder & CEO, Clockwork

Growth has been tremendous in-part because of the high-quality product. It receives constant compliments and addresses customers' needs. Organized and structured, the team at Devscale is consistently communicative and flexible, making all parties feel comfortable throughout development.

I am the founder and CEO of Clockwork, an app-powered software that does casual forecasting and financial projections for small businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devscale?

When I initially founded Clockwork, I didn’t have a technology partner. As the sole founder, I was looking for a tech co-founder type role.

They did literally everything for my tech side. They built our initial engagement, built the wireframes for our prototypes, and then built the prototypes themselves. They were full-stack all the way — designing and developing the front- and backend. They were my technical co-founder.

In the app, there are API integrations into QuickBooks Online. On top of that, we pull transactional level details and build forecasts based upon them. We’re analyzing Oracle trends, industry, company size, and other variables.

There originally weren't features that could handle this in QuickBooks Online, they didn't have this API. Our team spent hours working with Intuit themselves, finding a line in the French QuickBooks Online API that allowed us to use this. They then got the American QuickBooks Online team to add that French line of code to the American version to make our product work.

Not only was I asking them to do something that never had been done, but they also figured out how to do it and changed the API of a key product of a multibillion-dollar corporation. They specifically built the integrations, worked on machine learning customizations, and all the features of the backend in Logic.

I had my main point of contact with Thomas and Sean (Founders, Devscale). They were involved in the initial project, and I had full access to their team of developers.

How did you come to work with Devscale?

I was introduced to them through a mutual friend in my network in Chicago. I interviewed roughly 10 other organizations. I hit it off with a couple of Devscale's individuals right off the bat and thought they were the best to seize this opportunity.

I’ve invested over $300,000 since we started.

Work began in May 2018 and is ongoing.

Our growth in the company is aggressive. While that credit goes to our marketing efforts, marketing wouldn’t be successful if we didn’t have a successful product.

Everyone who sees the product is amazed at its beauty. They can’t compliment the product and the platform enough. It’s a huge boost to our company knowing that our software products are so well-built and are designed to address the customer’s needs.

How did Devscale perform from a project management standpoint?

Thomas and Sean are very organized and structured. They stay on top of their employees in a structured way. They’re very consistent in their check-ins and maintaining constant communication between the development team and myself.

They’re also very honest. They’ll tell me a time to expect something, and they push their developers to make that time. If they don’t make the deadline, they’re transparent and explain why. There are very few surprises because I always have my finger on the pulse while working with them.

They’ve always been super flexible on payment. As a startup, I spend most of my cash on either them or marketing efforts and they’ve been very accommodating.

Also, there was one miscommunication on both of our parts about a feature I was expecting. Although it was both of our faults, they were the bigger person and stepped up and fixed the problem, making it water under the bridge.

They helped me feel very comfortable with development, despite us both being new companies. While there were some growing pains, it all worked.

Be nice to them. Being nice goes a long way. Also, be very clear on requirements as Thomas and Sean are very detail-oriented. Don’t go in with a grandiose idea and expect them to make it happen. They went above and beyond helping me whittle my idea to what it needed to be, but it would’ve been helpful to come in with a detailed plan.

Shopify Development for Charity Promotion Retailer

“I love these guys. They’re easy to work with.”

July 2017 - Ongoing

Hacksmith Labs built out a Shopify-driven e-commerce platform and implemented related systems (e.g., vehicle tracking, applicant approval) to expedite processes. They now provide ongoing maintenance.

Jonny Imerman
Co-Founder, CLOZTALK

Hacksmith Labs’ creativity, amiability, efficiency, and responsiveness has made this ongoing partnership a success. Their genuine desire to ensure customer success—as well as third-party customer success—stands them in good stead for continued engagement.

I’m the co-founder of CLOZTALK. We create web stores of cool swag and apparel specifically for charities and nonprofits. They give us their logos, then we create apparel designs for them to sell on our website. We do it all and share the profit with them. So far, we’ve partnered with 50 charities and hope to get hundreds and eventually thousands.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hacksmith Labs?

My partners and I aren’t particularly tech-savvy, so we needed someone to develop an e-commerce website for us.

Hacksmith Labs built the backbone of our e-commerce operations—notably, the site itself on Shopify, and utilizing ShipStation as well. As ours is not a “regular” e-commerce store, they built it to scale with that in mind. For example, we use a 30-foot-long truck as as mobile branding and a mobile DJ at charity events. As a result, Hacksmith Labs had to find a truck-tracking company that was able to track where the truck is. You can go to our website and find where our truck is at any time.

On the more “traditional” side of e-commerce, they developed an intake form where every charity can upload their logo and contact information, and create an info card about their organization. We then decide whether to accept the organization. Hacksmith Labs thought it would be easier to streamline this if we did it digitally. We then add the info card on to every sale because we want people to understand the charity’s mission; get bullet points and contact information about them; and find out about their base, reach, and online presence.

Now, they’re providing ongoing maintenance and implementing updates as needed.

Thomas (Co-founder, Hacksmith Labs) is my main point of contact. Sean (Partner, Hacksmith Labs) is great, too. I know them both well.

How did you come to work with Hacksmith Labs?

I’m a cancer survivor from my 20s and had just given a speech to a cancer-related organization. Thomas and Sean came up to me and wanted to learn more. I was so impressed by their friendliness and their personality that over the course of several years, we kept in touch. When we started CLOZTALK, they’re the ones I reached out to. I ran the concepts by them and they were ready to help build it.

We’ve spent $20,000 thus far.

We started working together in July 2017 and the site launched in December 2017. They continue to work with us.

I love these guys. They’re easy to work with. Every time we get a new charity, they are on it that day; we’ve had no delays. Their responsiveness and customer service has been five-star the whole time.

How did Hacksmith Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

They work with us to make sure their estimates match our expectations. We set a cap together for if a project goes over a certain amount, we stop and talk about it. They are honest and straightforward with everything, so there are no surprises. They also taught us how to use Slack and Trello to help us manage the project more effectively.

They have great energy, are always upbeat, and are unbelievably responsive. We try to respect everyone’s time, but they make themselves available seven days a week.

Their customer service distinguishes them. Plus, they really get behind what we’re doing for these charities. They want us to succeed because the more we do, all the better for the charities, their brands, and their impact. They’re a really good match for us.

No. They’re far more mature than I was at their age. They run their own business and get it done. There is no down side to working with them.

They’re using to working with Slack and Trello, so if you’re unfamiliar with those tools, I’d try to get somewhat comfortable with them ahead of time. You’ll be more effective if you do.

Overall Score They’re really great.
    They were very reasonable. In fact, they could’ve charged us more.
    I’d refer them to anybody.