Be the Positive Difference!

From startups to fortune 500 companies, DevBatch has shared success with businesses around the globe. Since our inception, we have grown from one man’s endeavor to one big team of software engineers, creative designers, business strategists and marketing experts.

Our services portfolio entails mobility, big data, CRM Solutions (Salesforce), enterprise solutions (SharePoint), digital marketing, social media & workplace reimagination, cloud, AI and IoT.

In all of our services, we bring you inspiring concepts, ideas, and plans that have infinite possibilities and market endurance. Our expertise in business intelligence helps entrepreneurs, startups, enterprises, and agencies grow their revenues by making informed decisions.

Our CMMI L3 is in progress and we’re a certified Microsoft BizSpark Partner. We set high aims, this being just a jumbled start towards our long-term goals to become a pioneer in IT solutions recognized on a global level.

DevBatch
23-A Ali Block, New Garden Town
Lahore, P 54000
Pakistan

Move,

Samara,

Pryvatenow.

NRZ

Service Areas: Mobile Apps Development, Games Development, Ticketing and Reservation System, Social Mobile Apps Development, CRM Solutions (Salesforce), Big Data, Mobility, Enterprise Solutions (SharePoint), Digital Marketing, Social Media, Cloud, and IoT

Street App

Challenge was to integrate meet up functionality with chatting within the app.

The app was built in iOS and backend was created using ROR.

The people are now enjoying a brand new social platform just like facebook, snapchat and Instagram.

Software, App & Ecommerce Solution Projects for IT Services

“Their ability to understand what a customer really wants is impressive.”

2011 - 2013

DevBatch provided solutions for three projects. They created custom software and did QA on the first, built a custom e-commerce store and did SEO on the second, and developed an application solution for a component on the third.

CTO, Multiple Businesses

All three projects resulted in success and met expectations. Two of the three ended up being acquired which could be attributed in part to the value they added. DevBatch takes the initiative to clearly understand the end goals of the products and tailors their approach with those goals in mind.

I have had three businesses in the last seven years and I worked with DevBatch on all three.

What challenge were you trying to address with DevBatch?

I needed help with software development, e-commerce store development, and an app solution.

The first project was for custom software development. We used DevBatch to build technologies when I provided QA services. They also did some development. They did a lot of QA and made resources available. We were doing Blackberry testing or Blackberry development. They were responsible for building and testing the app. We had some initial hiccups, but after a few sprints, it started to work fine as expected.

The second project was a custom e-commerce store accompanied by SEO services. My sister started an e-commerce app using Sandbox where she was selling boutique clothing. They changed the framework for the app and maintained the website. They worked on the front or main page optimization because it was taking too long to load. There was also a security breach of the app. They had to put a lot of patches on it and move it to a different server. She also wasn’t showing up in searches so they did the SEO. Their goals were to make sure that the app is up and running and that it showed up on page one of Google for certain keywords. They worked together for almost 1 ½ years.

The last project is an app solution. Recently, I started consulting and got a project that I gave to DevBatch. It was a pure development project for a healthcare company out of Chicago. They were looking for someone to build a component for their technology. The client was a very accomplished CTO, and he led the project working with DevBatch’s team. At one point, they said there were challenges with communication. My colleague and I jumped in for a week or so and it was resolved. They worked together for about six months.

For the first project, there was a Blackberry architect, a Blackberry engineer, and a QA person. The project manager was Waqas [CEO, DevBatch]. He was involved in the initial meetings to scope the project. Once the project was defined, he stepped back, and the architect, engineer, and QA team worked on it.

The second project had a project manager, an engineer, and a QA person. They worked for 1 ½ years but that wasn’t a full-time engagement. They were assigned a couple of days a month to maintain and update the website.

The third project was a team of four people.

I didn’t handpick anyone on the team. I trusted them to put the right people in place.

I spent around $100,000.

We worked together from 2011 until 2013.

The first project was a success. It was well received. We had customers and others who were using it. The company was since acquired.

For the e-commerce site, they kept my sister’s app up and running and it was showing up on page one of Google searches.

For the third project, my clients were happy with the job. It was completed on time and met all expectations. The healthcare app they built was also acquired along with the company for $200-$300 million. That was not the only product; it was just a small component of the larger offering.

How did DevBatch perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a good job. I recommended them because when they take on a project, they make sure to deliver it. I’m happy with their performance. I’ve worked with companies who never follow up or don’t provide quality resources. Regardless of how things are moving, their project management is very strong. The CEO himself sometimes gets involved in the project.

For the first project, we had sprints and everyone was on the call. We met every week. For the second project, my sister set up a monthly meeting to set goals. The third one was Agile. They delivered in a few months for a $100 million company.

Their ability to understand what a customer really wants is impressive. If they sign up for a project, they spend the time to understand what the requirements are and why they are building this product. It’s very critical because we have worked with other companies who start building without understanding why the customer wants the feature. Then there’s a mismatch or conflict of interest. I have seen 2–3 times with DevBatch that they try to understand why the project is being built and what the impact will be. The put in the effort, ask questions, and do the project accordingly. They do a good job.

There was internal work in the middle of the project and we had to switch the engineer and bring in someone new. I told them for an engagement that is six months, I’d prefer that they keep the team engineer on the project.

I recommend two things when working with any outside vendor. Meet with the team that they are planning to assign to your project so you can understand their talent and quality and make sure those are the same people that are assigned to your project. Second, engage in the project. Make sure it is a project-based delivery on an Agile process. They need to understand that the product will be deemed complete when you approve all the requirements and there are no bugs. That blended approach will lead to success. If you go on an Agile process, the project will go on and on and they have no reason to complete it sooner. If you do a project-based deal, then you don’t have any visibility on how the product is being developed. The key is to use a blended approach.

They do a good job.