Web, Mobile, IoT, AR/VR, UI/UX, QA, Outstaffing

Devabit is a software service provider that helps startups and small to middle size companies grow their business through offering its engineering expertise and resources.

Our expertise covers Web and Mobile Development, IoT, Indoor Navigation (Beacons), Augmented and Virtual Reality, E-Commerce, and 3D.

We are likely not the right fit if you are looking for a yet another digital agency or a software development company, but instead, if you are seeking a technology partner to collaborate closely and share the challenges, we would love to talk.

Digital Agencies and Consultancy Businesses reach out for:

• Pre-sales assistance. We want to add value to your sales process - from providing a price quote, to doing a proof of concept/technology and even a basic prototype. If that’s what it takes for you to win the client’s favour.
  • Knowledge sharing and technological feasibility. Creative agencies get innovative ideas (which is their definition) that need a technical expert opinion and feasibility analysis.
  • Responsibility and support. Reputation and your testimonials are of highest value to us. So you can rest assured that your project is in good hands, and your supplier will not disappear mysteriously as soon as you’ve made that prepayment
  • Cost effectiveness and time. No need to hire full-time tech staff with a different skill set in-house for on-and-off development projects.

Our Customers reach out to us when:

• Having an idea but lacking resources or expertise to bring it to live.
  • There is a demand to quickly and effectively scale their software delivery department.
  • Need help with cutting-edge technologies.

Lviv, Ukraine
  • Devabit
    4, Vesnyana street
    Lviv, LV 79000
    Ukraine
    +3 8067 364 61 31

All things 3d

Our 3d services do not only come bundled with our AR and VR expertise but also cover much broader needs of our clients - from computer-rendered images of jewelry to detailed videos of aircraft models, to interactive real estate solutions.

We have deep expertise in 3D domain, and world’s most renowned clients.

Some of our work samples.

Online Bookstore

We developed an e-commerce platform integrating most of the delivery and payment services available. It's been done from scratch and within a very tight schedule to be ready for the important milestone of our client who is the biggest publisher in the region.

Full case study

Online Fashion Store

Ormary is a luxurious women clothes online store.

More than 200 famous designers have chosen Ormary to bring their exclusive outfits to their target clients.

View full case study

Interactive 3d Toy Platform

Toogle Toy is a complex interactive platform that allows building a custom toy by assembling together determined parts sets. Users can design and colour a toy according to their tastes and preferences. Later these models can be printed on a 3D printer.

We have combined three platforms - Unity 3D, iOS, and .Net server side. Devabit team of designers has drawn toy models in 3ds Max, and a FBX model of every part. Our team has integrated the FBX-formatted parts into the system since Unity doesn’t provide a dynamic import of graphic objects. Hence, the solution was to perform additional preprocessing of 3D objects in prevalent formats.

View full case study.

IT Club

Lviv IT Club is the largest and most prominent IT community in the city and one of the biggest in the country. In less than 3 months Devabit team created the exclusive loyalty system with slick UI & UX part allowing you to get discounts in your favourite places, navigation system, the opportunity to manage Club’s social events and above all the integration of your personal card embedded into your application. The integration with iBeacons will also be available in the upcoming updates.

View full case study.

DARS

DARS is a demo application that provides a number of cases how Augmented Reality can be beneficial to businesses and consumers. AR furniture allows you to configure and combine a chair, for instance, inside your own room and to better evaluate how it will fit in a room from every angle. With the help of AR try-on you can try on a product and experience how it looks on you. A credit card in business communication and representation embedded with AR technology now could either boost you or your business by giving an introduction to discover more about the person and the technology. Being at your disposal with DARS you can simply make your favourite character live and full of colors. All the above along with the capturing of human input implementation on a device without a keyboard or a mouse will help boost eCommerce and enhance the in-store purchase experience.

Take a look at the full case study here.

VR State

Devabit experts built a virtual reality application allowing the potential apartment buyers get the exact idea of how their future place of living will look like and introduce any changes even before a single brick is laid. In virtual environments clients can instantly experience the design elements, walk through a virtual copy of the building, traverse hallways and open doors and windows. The experience of being inside your future home, moving around and changing materials is exceptional. The application will also be integrated with electricity, gas and water meters making the housekeeping just a breeze. As a result end-clients got better understanding of the space and what a project will look like when completed.

Discover the full study here.

Indoor Positioning Social Network (beacons)

Panda is an iOS and Android suite of apps that helps users organize and manage their social activities.

It is equipped with the indoor navigation system which allows finding people in public places and get information on their specific whereabouts using beacons.

Link to full case study

Software Development and UX/UI for Multiple Marketing Campaigns

"We liked working with Devabit's team; they were in-sync with us and ready to provide support."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Devabit has taken up around 10 development and UX/UI projects in almost as many months, providing the client PHP, Node.js and .NET bandwidth.

Dubai
Project Manager, Digital Agency

Devabit has delivered resource bandwidth and project velocity. An additional benefit has been their feedback process which gives the client insight into potential future roadblocks. One area for improvement would be an improved back office system for financial tracking.

We're a boutique agency based in Dubai working with clients from various sectors of the market, including hospitality, events, and aviation. Our services range from development to UI/UX [user interface/user experience] design and strategy services for digital innovations, CRM [customer relationship management] systems integrations, and end-to-end campaign management. I am a project manager for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devabit?

I handle all digital development projects, which is where Devabit's help comes in.

We've worked with Devabit on medium-to-large-scale projects, going from simple frontend pieces to complete products for clients. We work with various frameworks, based on clients' requirements. These include PHP, Node.js, and .NET.

Our first project was a straightforward, mid-sized one for a campaign. Another one was for a company in the aviation sector. Devabit built an application for internal engagement. We've also worked with an SMPG [Securities Market Practice Group] company, introducing a new way of communicating with clients, using bots. Devabit's engagement involved understanding who the customer was, presenting relevant information to them, as well as capturing data from the customers' statements, for agents to pick up the conversation from there. Devabit had an interesting approach, consulting with us on how we could have a better timeline. From time to time, when we've had technical roadblocks, we met with Devabit to understand what could be done better in order to enhance our products.

For certain long-term projects, we engage 2 to 3 dedicated resources directly from Devabit. They are in charge of providing the teams for smaller, ad-hoc requests. This has worked in our favor, and it has mitigated the cost factor. Our communication for more extensive projects is streamlined, making our process smoother.

How did you come to work with Devabit?

We were approached by Devabit initially. Once we had a look at their work, we became interested in running a quick project for testing their services. We liked working with Devabit's team; they were in-sync with us and ready to provide support.

How much have you invested with Devabit?

Cost varies from project to project, going from $30,000 to $100,000, for mid-sized projects. We've worked with Devabit on a total of 10 projects, varying in size, some of them ongoing, long-term ones.

We started working with Devabit in 2016, at the beginning of the second quarter.

At this point, we've worked with Devabit on around 10 projects. It's difficult to put a metric in place, but we've looked mainly at their velocity. When we have large-scale projects building complete apps, it can be difficult to understand why something is taking more time, but Devabit has sped up the process, and constantly looked at the most effective way of doing the job.

How did Devabit perform from a project management standpoint?

When starting a new project, we typically send complete requirements and a user story to Devabit, receiving estimates within one day. This is quite fast, considering our general speed. As an agency, we have stricter deadlines than those of another company in the same space.

We are quite comfortable working with Devabit. They've responded to our strict deadlines in a very prompt manner. When they do commit, they ensure that the commitment will be delivered. The way in which Devabit shares feedback has improved our project success rate. If we are to build a new feature, Devabit will analyze it properly and anticipate any roadblocks we may have in the future. Devabit's overall involvement in our projects has changed the feedback we receive from our clients.

We've used Jira and Confluence for tracking and bug reports on many of our projects. Standup meetings typically happen over Skype. We are constantly looking to improve the velocity of putting out new features. The overall record has been good, considering that many of our clients have ad-hoc work. Certain requests can change in a matter of days.

What did you find most impressive about Devabit?

A key factor, which I find essential in today's age, is allowing enough time for feedback. We have our processes for working with first drafts, which can be difficult for typical outsourcing companies to follow. Devabit's team has understood us well, and always fixed items that didn't turn out as we expected.

Are there any areas Devabit could improve?

Tracking estimates has been a challenge for us. We work on many projects simultaneously so that a financial tracking system would be helpful.

Overall Score We have a good partnership with Devabit's management and development team.
    Devabit delivered within the set timelines.
    The work is what it is, and it can vary depending on resources availability.
    From our perspective as an agency, a perfect score is not possible.
    I am considering using Devabit on my projects in the future.

Node.js Development for Healthcare Startup App

"I've worked with around 10 other [outsourced] development companies. Devabit has literally been the best."

Mar 2016 - Ongoing

Devabit provides front-end development resources, particualy for ReactJS, for a patient self-care app. The server framework side is all Node.js. They have gradually been given more work and more autonomy.

San Francisco Bay Area
CTO, Healthcare App Startup

The quality of their code output and the self-guided nature their work-style has impressed the client. They've also shown an ability to logically resolve technical and business challenges.

We're a small startup based out of the [San Francico] Bay Area. I'm the vice president of engineering and I developed the first few versions of our app. The app is in the health tech space - patient care self-servicing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devabit?

We needed to reduce our turnaround time and build the app very quickly. As we got customer feedback, we also needed to iterate quickly.

Our team split up the activities based on segments of the app. Devabit then took our code and added onto those specific functional segments. All the stuff they did for us was in Node.js, using frameworks like Meteor. On the front-end, they used ReactJS. I think they're able to use Blaze and Angular, but our app was already built in ReactJS. We like that framework, so we've been keeping with that framework. Right now, Devabit is operating as an extension of our team. It seems like they do have some designers but we haven't used them. We just haven't had the need to use them, yet.

How did you come to work with Devabit?

How we found them and what led me to work with Devabit were 2 totally different things. I don't remember how we found them. They might have reached out to me in LinkedIn. The thing is, a lot of dev companies reach out to me on LinkedIn. Because I'm a developer and because I actually used to have a software consulting company, I can spot the BS pretty quickly. When I looked at the framework that Devabit used, it caught my attention because it was the same framework that we were using. We use a relatively new framework, so not a lot of outsourcing development companies use it. I talked to someone from Devabit and I looked at the previous work that they did. I validated and verified the work they were showing. I sat down with their lead developer and said, “Explain this work that you just showed me.” I looked for the things that are technically a little bit tough. Not just technically, but even from a business standpoint are tough. “How did you come to pick these constraints?"

They had a lot of really good logical answers. It was clear to me that they were technically savvy. It was also clear to me that they were hungry, and so we gave them a really small project. It was a project that I already knew what the cost should be and how long it should take. Devabit was right on. A lot of other development companies will say, “We'll do it for $5 an hour, but it'll take us 10 weeks to build this little thing.” Devabit didn't do that with me. I also had confidence in their lead engineer. At that point, I was good to go.

How much have you invested with Devabit?

I think we've spent about $38,000 on Devabit’s services, but we're still doing stuff with them. With this development sprint, we'll probably spend another $5,000 or $6,000.

We started working with Devabit around late March. We're presenting at a couple of conferences. If that goes well and we get more customers, we'll probably keep using them. They've been really good so far.

They're really open to using different tools. When we got started they said, “These are the tools that we use, but if you use something else, we're more than happy to use those tools.” They seem pretty flexible from that standpoint. I would say their code quality is good. I don't feel like I have to go through and refactor the codes. With our team developing over here, they understand the code.  Devabit does a good job of fitting it in. It's not so verbose that it's a pain, but it's not so concise that it's impossible to see what they're doing. It's at that right level.

I've been pretty happy so far. They've been really transparent with me. They check in code for the same repository that we do, working alongside other developers. That is actually a big jump, from having 1 person work on an app to having multiple people work on an app. They're quite responsive. Overall, I've been happy with Devabit.

How did Devabit perform from a project management standpoint?

They interface with our team and work with them directly. We hold weekly meetings and they join some of those meetings. We use Slack and GitHub. I think Devabit also uses Asana. They track their time in Toggl.

What did you find most impressive about Devabit?

Internally, I've been impressed with their code quality and their responsiveness. Every single design decision has been made by us and they've been able to follow the designs pretty well. They're quite responsive versus other development groups that I've worked with. They're pretty autonomous. They don't need to be hand held to the same extent as other dev companies I've worked with, so that's been good. I wish it hadn’t taken me so long to get my team up to the same standards. If I had known about Devabit, I probably would have used them and gotten rid of my own dev team. They're right on point.

Are there any areas Devabit could improve?

There's always room for improvement, but so far they've been doing well. They've been making reasonable suggestions on things that we should do differently. I might have to get back to you on that.

Overall Score Over the past 6 years, I've worked with around 10 other development companies. Devabit has literally been the best outsourced development company I've worked with.
    Again, they're better than anyone else that I've worked with.
    They're definitely not the cheapest. But if you take value into account, it's a perfect 5 versus anyone else that I've used.
    I haven't worked with anyone better.
    I've already referred them before.

Multiple Apps for Product Development Agency

"I think they [Devabit] were a perfect partner because they are really flexible."

2014 - Ongoing

The client, a digital product agency, relies on certain key vendors, Devabit being one of their oldest partners for mobile development across both iOS and Android. Their work includes an indoor positioning app, a product recommendation app and a children's iPad app.

London, UK
Yurij Riphyak
Managing Partner, YouTeam

The client is more than satisfied with the front and backend development work delivered over the past three years and is still working with Devabit on newer projects in their pipeline. They are regarded as a flexible, versatile partner.

We’re a digital product development agency. We’re based in London. It’s made up of two components. First there's the consulting work. We help our clients across the startup enterprise sector to shape the vision of their product. Then, we manage the work - and sometimes also launching, iterating, and testing those products.

I work with our contractors - we call it our talent pool. I communicate directly with Devabit.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devabit?

We don’t have our own engineering or design team. We are focused on product design and management. That’s why we cooperate with a number of development and design agencies. With Devabit, some projects are finished and delivered and some projects are currently in the pipeline. They are one of our oldest partners. We did a fashion website as the first project with an artificial intelligence component for fashion recommendations. Then, we did a children’s app for iPad where they can create their own toy called Toogle Toy. We also did an indoor positioning app for social discovery called Panda. Currently, there are two other projects in which they’re involved. They are under NDA’s [non-disclosure agreements] but one is a coaching app and the other is part of a bigger team in doing a Fin-tech [financial technology] app.

Mainly it was mobile stuff, iOS and Android. They also do backend as well. I think they used .NET and PHP. They had elements of web development especially for [our client] Ormary and this was PHP, OpenCart, and some other frameworks. They also did some quality assurance work and some elements of dev ops. In some smaller projects, they were the primary contractor. They did pretty much all the work – full stack backend and front end. In a bigger project, like the Fin-tech project, they are part of a mobile team.

How did you come to work with Devabit?

We found them by recommendation. I have a friend of mine who runs a design agency, who is also our partner. When we were looking for developers, they recommended Devabit to us. I met them and we did some preliminary interviews. They did one small test project and I was more than satisfied.

How much have you invested with Devabit?

Between 300,000 to 500,000 GBP [USD $400,000 - $650,000].

We’ve worked with them for almost three years. We started in early 2014.

I think we have two or three case studies published on our website for the previous project we did with Devabit. The product has been launched. One was more successful and one less successful, but it was due to the business, not the quality of the solution. I am more than satisfied with all of their work. That’s why we keep working with them.

How did Devabit perform from a project management standpoint?

What I appreciate, is their flexibility. They are not a big team. They’re a rather small, boutique development agency, but they’re very agile which is good when you have startups for clients and you have a very dynamic development process where requirements change frequently. I think they were a perfect partner because they are really flexible. We didn’t have any issues with the management, but our model is such that we ourselves provide a product manager who not only steers communication between the team and the client, but also manages the work day by day like a product owner. So we provided the high level management. On their side, there were team leads and scrum masters sometimes. As I said, it all went smoothly. We didn’t have any major issues.

What did you find most impressive about Devabit?

They are really proactive with coming up with optimal solutions. That’s really valuable – sometimes it has really made a difference. They approach stuff with genuine peace of mind and they are proactive in suggesting what they consider to be more efficient for a particular solution. Even if it contradicts with the vision of our project manager or a client, still there were several cases when we agreed with them, adopted their solution, and it proved to be better.

Not anything important.

Overall Score There were small issues regarding the timeline, but it didn’t cause any problems.
    It’s good. We didn’t have any issues. Sometimes, I think it could be improved.
    We didn’t have any problems with them, and the costs are also competitive. That’s one of the reasons we chose them.
    We successfully delivered several projects with them. I felt we could rely on them. I don’t have any reservations about the quality of their work.

Web, iOS, Android Development for Coupon App

"It was excellent project management... Their English is perfect. I have no complaints. If there were any delays, they were willing to work on the weekends and overtime. It was well managed."

2014 - Ongoing

A startup leveraged Devabit to create the backend for their new iOS and Android coupon app. The project took over a year and a half between designing, building and testing.

New York City Metro Area
Russ Semeran
Founder, BitByBit Mobile

The client was happy with Devabit's understanding of the project requirements and the level of support provided. The one drawback in the client's mind was that the Android development team likely could have shipped code faster had the client requested it.

We are Bit by Bit Mobile. I am the Chief Executive Officer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devabit?

We were developing a totally new solution - a cost saving solution mobile app. It captures coupons and discounts in the surrounding areas, and display it on user’s iPhones or Android phones.

They were programming everything - backend and our website. It was done in stages. They developed iOS first, then Android. The backend was done first. They had seven people in the group. There was a senior developer with a couple of junior developers, a project manager, and quality assurance testers.

How did you come to work with Devabit?

I was referred by a mutual friend who’s done business with them before.

How much have you invested with Devabit?

We have invested $160,000 US.

It started in 2014. It was completed about six months ago. Right now, we’re looking for the next round of investors.

They delivered a high quality product. The technical team was very professional. They understood the assignment very well from the beginning. They provided support as well.

How did Devabit perform from a project management standpoint?

It was excellent project management. We had daily reports and weekly Skype calls with the team. They used the Agile method of project management. It worked out extremely well. Their English is perfect. I have no complaints. If there were any delays, they were willing to work on the weekends and overtime. It was well managed.

What did you find most impressive about Devabit?

They’re extremely innovative. They gave suggestions that we implemented. The graphic designers are very good, and quality assurance is excellent.

Are there any areas Devabit could improve?

Not really. The Android development could have been faster maybe, but it wasn’t their fault. We weren’t pushing much until it became critical.

They were willing to work overtime and weekends to catch up.
    They’re not the cheapest, but rather in the middle. We did a couple of quotes with different providers and they were fair.
    We were extremely happy with the quality of the software they produced.
    We would recommend them to anyone that needs software development.