Transformative By Design.

Gold

Transformative By Design. Designli is a digital product studio in Greenville, South Carolina.

We specialize in the rapid prototyping of new software concepts, taking our clients from vision to 'V1' as quickly and effectively as possible.

Startups and entrepreneurs value our process for its key 'pausing points' along the way, as we help founders seek validation, feedback, and - oftentimes - investment.

Established businesses lean on Designli when launching new, software-driven initiatives for many of these same reasons, seeking internal buy-in while iterating quickly based on customer feedback.

For more information and to see our extensive work portfolio, visit https://designli.co

Greenville, SC
  • 101 N Main St, Suite #314
    Greenville, SC 29601
  • 615 S College St
    Charlotte, NC 28202
  • 1372 Peachtree St
    Atlanta, GA 30309

Goodwill Arkiver ClubUp LifeTabs Tap Picks Thingealogy Arrow Food Couriers ....and 100+ more.
ClubUp: Uber for Golf Caddies Image

ClubUp: Uber for Golf Caddies

Very excited about the launch of our client's app, ClubUp - an "Uber for Golf Caddies" now available in the Charlotte market. Also a beautiful example of a clean and dark-themed UI design that we brought through design, prototyping, development, and public beta lunch.

Vet-Tab: Easy Diabetes Testing for Pets Image

Vet-Tab: Easy Diabetes Testing for Pets

Meet Vet-Tab, a client of Designli (http://designli.co) who is building an innovative solution for testing your pet's blood glucose level. Simply use saliva on a tab that changes color; scan that tab with the Vet-Tab app on your phone and see the mg/dL reading in real time. A beautiful example of a clean and light-themed UI design by our team.

GoodTwice: eCommerce by Goodwill Image

GoodTwice: eCommerce by Goodwill

Meet GoodTwice: an online thrift store selling gently-used women's clothes. Brought to you by Goodwill Industries of Upstate / Midlands SC.

Our team at Designli (https://designli.co) completed the design and development of native iPhone and Android applications that tapped into the existing Magento E-commerce website.

Shop today - and download the mobile

applications - at https://goodtwice.com
SrvdUp iPhone App Image

SrvdUp iPhone App

Meet SrvdUp: the social networking app for the hospitality industry. Keep up to date with industry trends, peer posts and beneficial reads within specific hospitality segments: Food & Beverage, Lodging, Recreation & Events, and Travel and Tourism.

Social networking app design and development by the Designli team at https://designli.co

Sports Platform App / Web-App Image

Sports Platform App / Web-App

A recent Graphic Design & Prototyping project conducted by the Designli team: and an example of the 'user profile' page across both desktop and mobile resolutions, with an emphasis on clean multicolor gradients.

Learn more about our Design process by visiting our website at https://designli.co

Genchi Image

Genchi

Looking for daily, real-time status reports for your projects - based on team sentiment? You'll love Genchi - a valued Designli client building a transformative "Waze for Project Management" tool. Read the story @ https://blog.genchi.com/2018/10/24/genchi-visualize-projects-in-real-tim... sign up for the waiting list

Surcee Image

Surcee

Surcee is a social giving platform designed & developed by the team at Designli (https://designli.co).

A surcee ["sir'-see"] is a beautiful southern tradition - a gift that says "I'm thinking of you," "I love you," or "This reminded me of you. Coming soon, in time for the Holidays, is your stress-free path to the perfect surcee. Learn more and sign up for the waiting

Development for Vaping Cessation App

"Their team is super quick, probably faster than other providers out there."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

Using provided designs, the team at Designli developed an iOS application that mirrors a vaping cessation product. The app tracks the usage of the product, holding users accountable for their consumption.

1 Employee

Malibu, California
Steven Cravotta
Founder, Puff Count

The team at Designli meets expectations. Their dedication to their clients is particularly noteworthy. Their organizational style is also top-notch. Customers can expect a transparent and creative engagement with their team.

I’m the founder of Puff Count.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I had an idea for a startup and app that would allow users to keep track of their vaping usage. While I had the concept in mind, I had no idea how to create the app.

After I came to their team with a basic idea and a few designs that I created with another designer, the team at Designli developed the iOS app from scratch. It was a straightforward process with constant contact between our teams.

The app has a home page that keeps track of your daily progress through how many puffs and at what time you’re vaping. It can also track progress monthly and weekly, and users can view their history on the app. There’s also a profile page.

There was one project manager and one development manager. Within the team, there were three or four developers that worked on the app.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I started looking for development agencies and came across Designli on a review site. After giving them a call, the rest is history.

So far, we’ve invested between $10,000–$20,000.

The ongoing engagement with Designli started in November 2019.

The first phase was finished in less than a month, and now we’re moving on to the second phase.

The team at Designli is involved in every step of the way, remaining interested in my project. I’ve never been in the dark, and their team provides excellent suggestions. They provided a detailed SOW that outlined the entire development process. Their team is highly-qualified, organized and trustworthy.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked through Basecamp for communication. I’ve remained updated by the developers throughout the engagement. The entire project management system is well-organized.

I’ve worked with freelancers in the past, but Designli is the first company I’ve worked with in this area. Their team is super quick, probably faster than other providers out there.

I had an issue with the length of the testing phase. Since the app is pretty simple, I don’t think the phase should’ve taken as long as it did. I don’t think it even needed it.

Talk through it with their team. The team at Designli is extremely passionate. They’re willing to hear ideas. Along with being extremely involved, they come up with helpful suggestions. Clients should keep an open mind and trust that they know what they’re doing. But also make sure your vision is being created.

Platform Development for Sports Startup

“They’ve done everything I’ve asked them to do and more.”

July 2019 - Ongoing

Designli is developing a platform from scratch with different user pages for athletes, strategists, and coaches and recruiters. They’re implementing billing, storage, and video capabilities and adding content.

Greenville, South Carolina
Roger Dickinson
CEO, The Locker Room Worldwide

Designli has played a critical part in bringing the platform to fruition, and internal stakeholders attribute them with turning their idea into reality. Timely and responsive, the team demonstrates incredible initiative, creativity, and work ethic. They provide frequent progress updates.

I’m the CEO of The Locker Room Worldwide, a sports platform for youth athletes. The platform enables youth athletes to create their own websites and promote themselves.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I had a vision for this platform and needed development support.

Designli is developing the platform from scratch using different technologies. First, they put together a proposal that detailed the different avenues they could take to create the platform. This included a description of how everything would go, and I approved it.

They’re building out various parts of the platform, including a page for athletes and a page for strategists, who help athletes through different brackets as they get older. Designli is developing a side of the platform for coaches and recruiters so that they can go in and look at athletes. They’re also developing the programs for billing, storage, and video. They’re helping me get pictures in place and are assisting with the language.

I work directly with Keith (CEO & Co-Founder, Designli) and Josh (COO, Designli). I know there are other people involved because I see them on the emails.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I looked at local companies, and that’s how I found Designli. I looked at three different companies before hiring them. Designli’s portfolio and the people they’d worked with were big reasons I chose them.

I’ve spent around $100,000.

I began working with Designli in July 2019, and our work together is ongoing.

Designli has played a big part in everything. They’ve really been leaders of this whole project. They took the idea in my head and made it real. They were able to get our homepage up before our first convention, which happened in Florida in November. They set up Mailchimp so that we could collect email addresses and other information from people coming to our page.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been great. They send me updates every week to show what they’ve done and how they did it. All of their timing has been good; when they set timeframes, they meet them.

Their initiative and work ethic set them apart. Also, their creativity with the project has helped me understand things and go from one point to the next.

I couldn’t point a finger at them for anything. They’ve been so patient in working with me and understanding where I want to go. I’m pleased with everything; if I had to start all over, I’d choose them again.

Being able to communicate is important.

They’ve done everything I’ve asked them to do and more.
    They’re the company I chose to go with, so I don’t have anybody else to compare them against.
    They’re good at planning and knowing where they need to be at certain times.

App Development for Financial Blog

"Their team is excellent at asking clarifying questions."

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

Designli is in the process of building a mobile application for a financial blog. The app is a tool that encourages users to pay their debts in an efficient way.

Oklahoma
CEO, Financial Services Blog

The team completed the design aspects of the application. Their skilled expertise complemented their professional management style. The team at Designli is reputable, communicative, and responsive. Customers can expect a hardworking team that meets deadlines.

I’m the owner of a financial blog.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

We wanted to create an app for our audience. Our users had been asking for one for a long time.

The team at Designli was hired to develop and design our application from scratch. It’s intended to be a motivational tool to help users pay off their debt faster. The app gives recommendations on refinancing loans and where their focus should be when it comes to paying off debt. It also has a social media function where users can like and comment on their friend’s progress.

I’ve only interacted with two people from their team, but they have between 15–30 developers working on it. My points of contact worked with me to get a feel of what I wanted and needed. They act as a liaison between the developers and me, explaining what I need in technical terms.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I found Designli on Viber.

By the time the project is completed, we will have spent over $100,00.

We started engaging with Designli at the end of August or beginning of September. The work is ongoing.

We’ve gone through the design phase, and now we’re working on the technical aspects. Right now, the app is for iOS. In six months, their team will start on the Android version. All they’ve done is go back and forth on design. Once the app is out and people are using it, we will be able to track its progress and success.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management standpoint, they’re amazing. Their team stays in touch, providing weekly updates. If there’s ever a question, we have a great plan for communication.

They were the most reasonably-priced, reputable agency that’s based in the US. I also appreciate our points of contact. We can call them at any time to make sure we’re all on the same page. Their team is excellent at asking clarifying questions. In the developmental phase, I felt that I had thought through my app well, but their team sees things from a technical perspective. That helped us get on the same page.

Nothing from my experience. I might have more to say further down the line, but nothing for now.

Designli is only held up by the client’s lack of communication or the inability to act quickly. Clients need to make sure they give feedback as quickly as they can to move the timeline faster. There were a few weeks where I couldn’t respond. But if they’re willing to help, you also have to be there and willing.

It was a very quick turnaround. There was never a deadline they didn’t meet.
    It’s not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. It’s high-quality.
    Their designs are beautiful. Their turnaround was very quick. There’s nothing I could have them do better.
    I would highly recommend them.

UX/UI Design & Consulting for Web App

"They are truly partners in this journey to create a product that will enhance the lives of others."

July 2019 - Ongoing

Designli delivered product strategy services for a web application. The team's consulting process resulted in a business plan, a logo, UX/UI designs, and mock web pages for mobile and desktop devices.

Megan Honke
Founder, Apprecio

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the superior quality of the design work. Proactive and efficient, Designli offers useful insights while adhering to deadlines. Their ability to foster collaboration, coupled with their consistent delivery of exceptional assets, makes them a valuable partner.

I am the founder of Apprecio, a mobile web application dedicated to efficiently and effectively recognize those who have made an impact in their lives or in the lives of their loved ones.

For what projects/services did your company hire Designli?

Designli and I partnered for their Solutions Lab and Prototype for Apprecio.

Essentially, the initial goal was to create a comprehensive business plan and user stories for my idea, a facet where someone may easily promote gratitude and positive reinforcement. Once the foundational information was established, the next goal was to create visually appealing mock web and mobile web pages.

An online search directed me to Designli. An initial phone call with CEO Keith Shields left me impressed and curious to learn more about their Solutions Lab and overall process.

I was initially excited to learn about the experience Keith and his team brought to the table, but even more elated with their straightforward approach to use their term “building a skateboard before the car”. As I’m unfamiliar with technology development, this concept made tremendous sense and I immediately knew Designli was the best fit for Apprecio.

As my knowledge in the tech world is limited, Designli’s SolutionLab is the perfect ‘first step’ we never knew we needed. In this process, we found ourselves hashing out key components and essential concepts, ultimately designing the building blocks for our vision.

During each call and webinar, ideas were shared and fine-tuned. The next steps of creating a logo and prototype were crucial for illustrating the vision outlined in the SolutionLab.

Keith, Josh, and the team are professional, diligent, and transparent with the process for creating an app, from inception through development. Keith initially discussed the Designli SolutionLab process in great detail and with support of Josh and their team, resulted in an outstanding map for Apprecio. Josh was my main point person during the logo design and prototyping journey, communicating promptly and effectively updates as appropriate.

The end result of the SolutionLab is a solid business plan, user flow diagram, and user persona and stories. The logo and prototype are incredible illustrations of pages in which a user will navigate Apprecio in a seamless manner. The layouts and design are better than I could have imagined.

Josh and Keith communicated at least weekly via Basecamp and whenever there were updates. The work completed was timely and clarification regarding questions were answered in great detail.

The SolutionLab was quite impressive, in that they were not merely listening to my concept, but contributing ideas for user maximizing functionality, while remaining mindful of V1.

I am consistently impressed with Keith, Josh, and the Designli team. They are truly partners in this journey to create a product that will enhance the lives of others.

At this time, I have no comments on areas for improvement. Any success to come Designli's way is much deserved.

Project Planning and UI Design for Safety Consultancy

"Compared to what they promised, they’ve been meeting marks."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli developed a detailed project plan and cost breakdown and created a prototype interface for a web solution. In the near future, they’re going to program the full solution.

Greenville, South Carolina
Nathan Bennett
VP of Technology, Life and Safety Consultants, Inc.

Internal stakeholders are pleased with Designli’s phase-based approach and insight cost analysis. Showcasing their flexibility, they’ve adjusted their development approach to better fit their client’s capabilities. Their communication is a highlight of the engagement, responsive and proactive.

I’m the VP of technology at Life and Safety Consultants, Inc. We’re a full-service safety consulting company that provides OSHA compliance services, including their Safety and Health Recognition Program (SHARP) for small businesses. These range from basic, one-off training to full-facility assessments.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

Over the past ten years, we’ve been developing online services and safety tools to help our consultants in the field. We needed help to develop some of the tools we haven’t been able to build for ourselves in-house.

We’re working through a three-phase project. The first was a project management phase where we scoped out the project. We decided on how long it would take and the resources it would require, both financial- and personnel-wise. In the second phase, they created a non-functional prototype interface so we had something to show customers. It looked exactly how we wanted. We’re going to start the third phase—the programming phase—soon.

We worked with two people initially, and then two more. There also might be another design person I haven’t met.

How did you come to work with Designli?

They’re a local company in Greenville, South Carolina. We’d worked with a number of development firms without much luck over the years, mostly because they’re remote and the developers didn’t work with our format.

Compared to four or five other local companies I considered for this project, Designli had the best portfolio and made the best impression during the in-person meeting. They answered my questions and demonstrated a solid path moving forward. Additionally, they didn’t quote the entire project up-front. They advocated a lean, phase-based approach.

We’ve spent between $10,000–$49,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since September 2018.

We’ve reviewed their work internally with a few key stakeholders, we’ve shown it to a few of our clients that are invested in the project’s success. Compared to what they promised, they’ve been meeting marks.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re very happy with what we’ve seen so far. The tangibles, work breakdown structure and regular communication are great. They keep us abreast of what’s happening once or twice a week, especially during a larger chunk that may not have small deliverables.

First, their lean approach to the project is amazing. They laid out everything in the discovery portion, including the functionalities and all the smaller tasks that go into the functionalities. This helped us identify what we wanted to include in our first version of the software based on cost considerations.

Second, the level of communication and follow-up has been great. We get distracted by other priorities sometimes, and they politely remind us that they need an approval or a review of the documentation before they can move forward. They gently prod us, so to speak.

Of course, I’d prefer the cost less, but there’s not much they’d be able to about that. Otherwise, I have no other complaints. They’ve even made some changes to their work and payment schedule (introducing shorter sprints) to accommodate a smaller business like us.

Definitely make use of the discovery and work and cost breakdown period. Even if you don’t build with them, that breakdown is a very valuable document. Pay for the first phase and make the decision after that.

Overall Score They’re local to us, they’re personable and easy to communicate with, and they’re format and frequency of communication are perfect.
    A lot of the development fell around holidays, and they had other projects, so we had to reschedule a bit.
    What they deliver is a quality product for a company that has the capital to spend.
    Everything they described upfront, we received on the backend exactly as we expected.

API Development for Software Company

"They're very patient and able to work with someone who has no technical background."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli developed an API for an e-commerce website. The API can be used for marketing materials, the checkout process, and the gifting space. They continue working on various use cases.

Atlanta, Georgia
Founder, Emotional Commerce

The in-house team is happy with the quality of Designli’s work. Designli’s ability to take a concept and bring it to life, coupled with their superb communication skills made them a reliable partner.

I'm the president of a software company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I was looking for an experienced vendor to develop an API for a number of use cases.

They built an API for different use cases for our e-commerce website. The API is used for marketing materials, the checkout process, and the gifting space. I gave them a concept, and they brought it to life, educating me along the way.

There are about eight people working on the project.

How did you come to work with Designli?

It was a word-of-mouth recommendation.

I've spent about $200,000.

I started working with Designli in March 2018, and the relationship is ongoing.

They're doing fantastic work. The feedback has been very positive.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication has been flawless. We didn't have any issues.

I don't think so.

They have a great team. Their level of integrity and commitment is impressive. I highly recommend them.

Custom Software Development for Start Up

“They're very professional and thorough, and they listen well.”

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli supports a workplace culture startup as they develop their key software. Still in the design phase, they’ve plotted the user journey and created mockups that will help meet project goals.

Alex Andrew
Founder, Junction

The designs show a clear understanding of a satisfying user experience, and Designli follows up regularly. They are flexible, and are pleased to do whatever is necessary to achieve goals and stay within budgetary constraints.

I'm a founder of a new company. We are currently developing workplace culture software.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

We wanted to focus on employers' lack of awareness of their employees' personal interests and lives. We also wanted to build an avenue that allowed employees to interact and establish stronger connections with each other.

They hosted a solution lab for me. I put my thoughts and ideas on paper, and they helped me plot out how the software could be structured. They came up with ways for users to interact with it and helped me solidify what users could accomplish. They pieced my ideas into a real software experience and created software screens to identify what the finished product would look like.

I came in with a list of goals, but they put the whole project in more practical terms. They brought a technological perspective, and they did a lot of research on my competitors to help differentiate our software in the market. We're still in the design phase, and we haven't decided what technologies we'll use yet. We hope to build out an algorithm that will connect employees to colleagues with similar interests.

I work with the two founders, and they have a designer that works in the background.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I did some general market research and spoke with a friend who has a more established startup. I searched for development shops in my area, and Designli was highly rated and reviewed. Their office is very close, and I had a good initial conversation with them. They seemed like a good fit.

I've invested around $10,000 so far.

We started working together in late summer 2018. I'm still testing the market, and the project is ongoing.

The software isn't active yet, so there are no metrics to share now. My experience with them is phenomenal. They really understand my vision, and I don't have to over-explain anything. They're very in tune with great user experiences, which is a core part of what I hope to offer.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

They're good project managers. We meet face to face as often as we can. Most of our meetings have been in person, but they also leverage Basecamp as a project management site for documentation. All the screens they designed are in InVision.

I'm very impressed with their follow-up, and they're on top of their engagements. They sent me a handwritten letter with collateral fairly early on. Whenever we have a conversation, they send me a robust list of next steps. They're very professional and thorough, and they listen well. If ever something is too costly or too early to consider, they're very flexible to my needs. They help keep the project lean where it needs to be, and everything they do helps me achieve my goals.

Nothing comes to mind. This is my first experience like this, and they do a good job.

Start with them early in your process. They format jobs well, so it helps to go in with an open mind. They offer good feedback for usability, and they're willing to push back with better solutions.

Web Dev for Industrial Space Marketplace

"Designli bridges the gap between our business needs and technical needs."

Jun. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli helped design and create a marketplace for a tech startup using React and JavaScript. It includes listing, booking, and payment functions. The project is ongoing.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Lance Theobald
CEO, SecurSpace

The platform is still under development, but Designli’s progress has satisfied stakeholders so far. They lead a seamless workflow thanks to their business expertise and top-notch communication. Customers can expect a reliable team with a broad skill set and detailed methodology.

I’m the founder and CEO of SecurSpace. We provide a marketplace to connect owners and managers of industrial facilities—such as truck parking or equipment storage—with interested clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

We have one in-house technical person—our CTO—and needed to scale our development capacity.

Designli provides design and development resources to build out our marketplace. Owners can list properties and facilities with their features, and potential customers can reserve and pay for spaces. It offers listing, booking, and payment functionalities in the same site. The frontend uses React while the backend is built in JavaScript.

When we engaged Designli, we were looking to move from our MVP to our second version of the site. Designli supplemented our development in the backend, frontend, and specific features. They also offered input into designs that we had done with an outside firm. They then presented us with an overhauled UI that we’re working to implement now.

We primarily work with Keith (CEO & Co-founder, Designli) and Josh (COO, Designli). I’ve been on calls with various members of their development staff, but Josh is my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Designli?

Our company is based in North Carolina, so we were looking for firms based in the South. We wanted the opportunity to talk through our vision and product in person with a vendor. I found Designli on Google, where they were highly rated and had lots of positive customer feedback. After an initial phone call and a face-to-face meeting, it seemed like a good fit.

We’ve spent around $100,000–$250,000 so far.

We started working together in June 2018. We were initially looking into developing a mobile app, so we used a process that Designli calls a Solutions Lab. We didn’t end up building the app, but we retained their suggestions and roadmap. For business reasons, we went towards building a web platform instead, which is still an ongoing project.

I don’t have any metrics at the moment, but our team deeply appreciates the work that Designli has done so far. They’ve implemented our designs well, and we’re thrilled to continue working with them.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

Designli excels as project managers. They have top-notch processes and great communication. I communicate with the team over email and phone, and our CTO works closely with them over Google Hangouts.

Designli bridges the gap between our business needs and technical needs. Josh and Keith have in-depth experience in both development and starting a business. That expertise allows them to provide technical advice while being efficient with our dollars.

No, not really. The team is very responsive and has delivered what they've committed to providing. I don't have any complaints.

Know exactly what you want Designli to build, and supply as much detail about your requirements as possible upfront. Their team excels at taking specifications and creating a plan around them.

Designli charges lower rates than US-based developers.

Mobile App and Web Dev for App Startup

"They’re very transparent and forthcoming when it comes to sharing details about their work."

2014 - Ongoing

Designli built a family heirloom app using Ruby on Rails. The team is currently developing a web-based spreadsheet tool to provide an optimal file organization system.

Morgantown, West Virginia
Founder & Sole Member, Thingealogy, LLC

Designli delivered a seamless UX and a polished UI. Professional and flexible, the team provides detailed reports and routinely adjusts to meet new requirements. Their ability to explain complex technical information in a digestible way sets them apart from other vendors.

I’m the founder and sole member of Thingeology LLC, which is a website and an app. Thingealogy is in the business of helping families save the stories of their heirlooms and belongings.  Once saved, these stories about belongings are called “Things” and are organized into “Collections,” where “Beneficiaries” are assigned. All of this information is stored within the Thingealogy system, and additional photos and comments can be added, and financial values assigned. A QR code is generated so that users can hear the audio recording for years to come, and a PDF file is created, which can be used in estate planning. I had the idea for this company in 2012 and, although I have sole ownership of the product, I rely on Designli to bring these ideas to life.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

Without a tech background and, at the time, interest and aptitude to learn coding, there was no way Thingealogy would come to life without outside help. That was the impetus to find a company like Designli that could help.

By 2014, when I first contacted  Designli, I had consulted with several professionals and companies  to get Thingealogy off the ground. I worked with lawyers to help draft the privacy policy and terms of use, trademark lawyers to help with the US Patent and Trademark Office to apply for the name to be registered, an app designer who created the logo for Thingealogy, and a social media marketer who helped with the Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram pages. Since 2016, I’ve worked almost exclusively with Designli on all projects for Thingealogy, from web design to decisions about different elements of the user experience. They also take care of all the backend work with whatever coding languages they use.

The team composition for Thingealogy and Designli is comprised of myself and Designli’s two co-founders, Josh (COO, Designli) and Keith (CEO, Designli). They pass on information to their internal team.

How did you come to work with Designli?

The coders I originally planned to use fell through, and in 2014 I came across a link to America's Coolest College Startups of 2014. Designli was mentioned in the article. I emailed Keith, and he quickly responded, a sign of things to come, as both Keith and Josh are very responsive to emails.

Over the past five years, Thingealogy has invested between $150,000–$250,000 with Designli. A large part of that has been paid over the past year to recode the app and create several new web-based features.

We started working together in 2014, and the project is ongoing.

The app is very easy to use, and the user flows are smooth and intuitive. The design of the interface is also very elegant. Designli did a lot of work on the backend to simplify each process.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

They do an excellent job keeping me informed about what they’re working on, so that I’m aware of their progress and know what to expect.  Before each phase of a project begins, I’m given an estimate of how many hours will be required for each piece of the project.

If I want to add a new feature, they’ll give me general time and money estimates. They’re very transparent and forthcoming when it comes to sharing details about their work. Every Friday, I receive a full written report from them with hours spent on the projects, plus I have access to many reports about their work on a platform called Basecamp.

The first thing that comes to mind is the level of trust that Josh and Keith have established with me. They’re also responsive to my calls and questions. I appreciate how relatable they are in explaining technology and how they’ve helped me put my creative ideas into reality.  It’s been a great working relationship. I haven’t felt the need to seek or use other providers, mainly because of the trust that I’ve built with Designli.

Over the past five years, it’s been fun for me to watch Designli grow into such a professionally run company.  They seem well aware of industry trends and tools; as a customer, I know I've benefited from that awareness and growth.  I can’t speak to all of their internal improvements, but I do know that the platforms that they use to communicate with me have become very sophisticated, and I appreciate that.

Hire them!

Web Development for Financial E-News Company

"Designli makes everything easy for me to use. It’s so helpful to have a guide through all of these steps."

May 2019 - Ongoing

Designli is developing a mobile-friendly website for a financial news startup. They began with a solutions lab process to create storyboards and outlines. Now they're starting the coding process.

Founder, Financial News Company

Communicating clearly from the start, Designli’s team inspires confidence throughout the project. Their consistent communication, responsiveness, and ability to work with an inexperienced founder make them a valuable partner. They also offer useful tactical advice that is subsequently implemented.

I currently work at a large financial institution and I am starting my own company. I will be publishing market commentary and discussing trends in the market. Those opinions will be published on my website, and that content will also be offered via email.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I don’t have a background in coding or website development. The web component is the heart of the new enterprise. That's going to be the main avenue to deliver my content. Without a solid website, there really is no business. I only had a rough outline of what I wanted, so I needed to hire partners that could help me translate my vision into reality.

Designli is leading the entire web development process. Their initial preparation is done sequentially, so we started with phone calls to discuss what I wanted. Then we had a video conference to further discuss how the website would look. They created a storyboard to visualize the layout and helped me outline the next steps. They worked with me to form a budget for all the pieces of the project and to establish a timeline. Finally, they constructed a digital framework around my knowledge of financial commentary.

The site will eventually be hosted on Amazon. Designli is in the coding process right now. It will have a heavy publishing capability. I'm going to be writing commentary and need to be able to publish as needed throughout the day and not on a set schedule. They’re creating the email capability as well to handle the (ideally) thousands of subscribers with different email preferences. It will handle a variety of subscription options for individuals or large organizations. They’re working on search capability and the presentation of the content as well.

Designli presented me with a whole digital suite of products beyond just the core website. The plan is to start with the mobile-friendly website and eventually develop an app and podcast capabilities as my budget allows. They’re also going to help me with search engine marketing and email analytics once the service launches.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I started the process of looking for IT partners almost a year ago. While I was confident in my ability to publish content, I was hesitant due to my lack of knowledge about web technology. I spoke to a few firms and felt the most comfortable with Designli. They really understood my vision for this website. Several senior people at the company were involved in the process, including phone calls and video conferences. I liked their approach to my situation and so I decided to go with them.

I've spent about $40,000.

Work started in May 2019 and the goal is to be done in August 2019.

Work is still ongoing. So far, I’ve been very happy with the quality of all the deliverables. Designli produced a packet presentation that’s quite professional. I can present it to investors if I need to go out and raise money. They also gave me an in-depth outline of what the company needs, various tasks that have to happen, and detailed cost forecasts. I was able to put down a relatively small amount of money at the beginning, and pay as I go along. That’s been really beneficial.

We're just getting to the stage now where there are actual software deliverables. Over the next few weeks to months, they’ll have drafts online that I can look at.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team performs quite well. There's a lot of transparency and they offer great feedback. I receive weekly updates with specific hour breakdowns on what's happened and what's to come. We communicate on a variety of apps. I’m in contact with Designli every day or every other day. We talk through any updates I've requested or their recommended changes. I can always go back to them if I want to do something different. It's been very much a collaborative process. They're able to make suggestions for items that I wasn't initially considering. They're also quite accommodating to any new desires I bring to them.

I didn't come in with much familiarity with this process. I found them to be as easy to work with as my internal IT department. Designli makes everything easy for me to use. It’s so helpful to have a guide through all of these steps. They took the time to walk me through how to set up an email account in the name of my company. They also helped me open an Amazon account and sign up for analytical services.

Since this is my first web development experience, I don't have too many benchmarks. I haven't been unhappy with anything so far. I’ll probably be better able to answer that at the end of the project.

Take full advantage of their solution lab process. It was very beneficial for me as someone who's never built a website. The solution labs process will help you talk through the specifics about who's going to use your site and how they're going to use the site. It's a critical step in terms of getting the project off the ground.

Overall Score I’m pleased with the relationship to this point.
    Everything's been on schedule and they're very responsive.
    Their costs are competitive with other vendors.
    I’m happy with the materials and feedback so far.
    I’m very likely to recommend them, particularly to those with little experience.

Gold