Transformative By Design.

GOLD VERIFIED

Transformative By Design. Designli is a digital product studio in Greenville, South Carolina.

We specialize in the rapid prototyping of new software concepts, taking our clients from vision to 'V1' as quickly and effectively as possible.

Startups and entrepreneurs value our process for its key 'pausing points' along the way, as we help founders seek validation, feedback, and - oftentimes - investment.

Established businesses lean on Designli when launching new, software-driven initiatives for many of these same reasons, seeking internal buy-in while iterating quickly based on customer feedback.

For more information and to see our extensive work portfolio, visit https://designli.co

Greenville, SC
  • 141 Traction St
    Greenville, SC 29611
  • 615 S College St
    Charlotte, NC 28202
  • 1372 Peachtree St
    Atlanta, GA 30309

Goodwill Arkiver ClubUp LifeTabs Tap Picks Thingealogy Arrow Food Couriers ....and 100+ more.

ClubUp: Uber for Golf Caddies Image

ClubUp: Uber for Golf Caddies

Very excited about the launch of our client's app, ClubUp - an "Uber for Golf Caddies" now available in the Charlotte market. Also a beautiful example of a clean and dark-themed UI design that we brought through design, prototyping, development, and public beta lunch.

Vet-Tab: Easy Diabetes Testing for Pets Image

Vet-Tab: Easy Diabetes Testing for Pets

Meet Vet-Tab, a client of Designli (http://designli.co) who is building an innovative solution for testing your pet's blood glucose level. Simply use saliva on a tab that changes color; scan that tab with the Vet-Tab app on your phone and see the mg/dL reading in real time. A beautiful example of a clean and light-themed UI design by our team.

GoodTwice: eCommerce by Goodwill Image

GoodTwice: eCommerce by Goodwill

Meet GoodTwice: an online thrift store selling gently-used women's clothes. Brought to you by Goodwill Industries of Upstate / Midlands SC.

Our team at Designli (https://designli.co) completed the design and development of native iPhone and Android applications that tapped into the existing Magento E-commerce website.

Shop today - and download the mobile

applications - at https://goodtwice.com
SrvdUp iPhone App Image

SrvdUp iPhone App

Meet SrvdUp: the social networking app for the hospitality industry. Keep up to date with industry trends, peer posts and beneficial reads within specific hospitality segments: Food & Beverage, Lodging, Recreation & Events, and Travel and Tourism.

Social networking app design and development by the Designli team at https://designli.co

Sports Platform App / Web-App Image

Sports Platform App / Web-App

A recent Graphic Design & Prototyping project conducted by the Designli team: and an example of the 'user profile' page across both desktop and mobile resolutions, with an emphasis on clean multicolor gradients.

Learn more about our Design process by visiting our website at https://designli.co

Genchi Image

Genchi

Looking for daily, real-time status reports for your projects - based on team sentiment? You'll love Genchi - a valued Designli client building a transformative "Waze for Project Management" tool. Read the story @ https://blog.genchi.com/2018/10/24/genchi-visualize-projects-in-real-tim... sign up for the waiting list

Surcee Image

Surcee

Surcee is a social giving platform designed & developed by the team at Designli (https://designli.co).

A surcee ["sir'-see"] is a beautiful southern tradition - a gift that says "I'm thinking of you," "I love you," or "This reminded me of you. Coming soon, in time for the Holidays, is your stress-free path to the perfect surcee. Learn more and sign up for the waiting

SaaS Re-design & Ongoing Dev for Store Locator Solutions Co

"Their team adds value beyond what we expect from them."

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

Following a backend code assessment, Designli identified opportunities to augment software for a store locator solutions company. They redesigned the SaaS product’s UI/UX and continue to execute redevelopment.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
Jill Kunisawa
Director of Operations, Grappos

Designli dedicates a professional team that provides valuable services that exceed expectations. They offer innovative ideas to encourage project improvements. Following thorough processes, the team transparently executes initiatives. Their notable attentiveness ensures ongoing collaboration.

I’m the director of operations for Grappos, which is a provider of store locator solutions for beer, wine, and liquor producers, marketers, and distributors. We license store locator software to marketers and producers and provide customer service around it. It’s not a traditional SaaS product as we have ongoing account management to keep the store locator up to date.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

We wanted to modernize and revise our backend workflow systems to align with the business as it evolved over the past several years.

We had a couple of preliminary engagements with Designli that aligned with their process. It was helpful because we came to know each other, and then we gave them a peek behind the curtain. Based on what they saw, Designli told us how they could or couldn’t help us.

Their team walked us through a process that started with a foundational project where we reviewed part of our backend code together. Their team guided us through a process that helped us envision a solution that would better align with our company as it had evolved.

Based on their findings, we decided to proceed with their process called Solution Lab. The process gave us a lot of ideas. The next step of their process involved UX/UI design to align with what we had mutually agreed to in that Solution Lab process.

We went through that UI/UX design process and now, we’re in development with them, which is ongoing. We’ve done several large sprints and have several large sprints to go. Our intention is to continue our relationship in the form of a retainer agreement.

We work with an expanded team that includes a project manager. In the beginning, we talked with the leadership team to go through more strategic work. We maintained a key project manager contact at that leadership level. During the UX/UI phase of the project, we worked with a designer but also had senior-level leadership guiding the process. We currently work with several of their developers.

How did you come to work with Designli?

When we needed to rework our systems, we decided to partner with a firm that we could meet in-person. It was important to us because we focus on customer service as a company. We found Designli by searching online for local partners. As primarily a technology company, we felt that their team was a good fit. They weren’t an advertising agency trying to make applications.

We met with Keith (Co-Founder) and candidly talked about our goals and ideas for how to accomplish them. He understood us right away.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$200,000 on their services. However, I anticipate that we will exceed that investment.

Our ongoing partnership with Designli began in March 2020.

We worked with big firms in Silicon Valley but Designli has been our brightest partner. They have so much talent. Their team has ideas that we haven’t considered, which is a new concept for us. They bring more to the table than what we ask of them. Their team adds value beyond what we expect from them. They’re smart and responsive.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

We went through the Solution Lab virtually, which was well done. It was a great process that gave us cool ideas. I have a background in project management, and Designli’s outstanding.

They have a rigorous process for managing our account and projects, giving us clear visibility into roadmaps and financial milestones. Their team has a tight process for when we meet, what reports we’ll receive, and when sprints will begin or end. Projects run like clockwork. I’m a stickler for these qualities, and they couldn’t be better. They’re excellent communicators and listeners.

Their project management skills are an important quality. However, it may seem small in terms of the value they add. Their technical expertise is stronger than our past external partners. Their team has deep knowledge and experience.

They’re also savvier than expected for a firm of their size. That’s the beauty of it. Designli’s small, so we receive attention from their senior level. Even though they’re small, they have great talent on their team. They’re invested in our success.

I have very high expectations but no. It’s been a home run. If our engagement continues like this, the sky is the limit for what we can do with them next.

I would highly recommend that a potential partner follow their recommended process, which starts with the Solution Lab project. In the beginning, there’s a financial investment. However, the Solution Lab’s critical to a project’s foundation. If you have a limited budget, you may not want to go through that strategic upfront process. For us, it made our project more efficient because we’re working from the same set of assumptions.

I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation. They’re amazing.

Mobile App Prototyping for First Responder Alert Co.

“Every call and email is logged in there, so I was up to date at every step of the project.”

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Designli designed an iOS/Android app for a first response alert company. They went over how the app should look and included various functions, creating detailed user flows and a working prototype.

Charleston, South Carolina
CEO, First Responder Alert Co.

The prototype works exactly as the client envisioned. Designli worked with them closely throughout the process to ensure a seamless delivery. The team provided a detailed scope and mapped out the project, how it would work, and how long it would take ahead of time.

I’m the CEO of a first responder alert company. We provide an app for commercial companies to request emergency roadside assistance.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I hired them to create a prototype for my app.

We started off with their solutions lab, where we sat down for a few hours and went over how I wanted the app to look, what features I wanted to include, and how it would function. It was basically my whole business plan. From there, they were able to write down what we discussed and how they would achieve it. Then we discussed how to set it up for V1.

From there, we went into design and I told them what color scheme I was looking for and they were able to walk me through that. They delivered a fully functioning demo and I was able to go through it exactly a I had described.

We’re shooting to have the app run on iOS and Android.

We started working with Keith (Co-Founder & SEO), they brought on two more people to write down notes. And answer questions I had. After that, they brought on a graphic designer to help out with the layout of our app.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I found them on Clutch. I did a Google search, and found them there.

We’ve spent about $17,500.

We started working with them in April 2020. It took a month to finalize everything and go through the design. They were able to turn it around and get it back to me by July.

They’ve been great and have helped me every step of the way. The design came out perfect. I was able to pitch it to a few potential customers and investors and have a lot of feedback on it now. Everybody seems to like the user flow and the way it was designed.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

They use a platform called Basecamp. Every call and email is logged in there, so I was up to date at every step of the project.

They’re experts in their field. Their ability to map out the whole process, how long it will take, pricing, the quality of their work, is definitely a highlight.

I have no negative feedback to give.

Try to map out your plan beforehand. We had a business plan mapped out beforehand and that was really helpful at the beginning of our process.

Mobile App Dev for International Law Firm Network

"Their honesty and transparency around the app build and features were great."

June 2019 - June 2020

Designli developed a native iOS and Android mobile app to replace an annual hard-copy directory of different member firms. Throughout the process, the team provided guidance on how best to complete the project.

Houston, Texas
Brice Wiley
Senior Marketing Manager, Lex Mundi

Designli’s app received positive internal feedback, and they were commended for the continuous support they provided over the course of the project. In addition to being very communicative, the team was also committed to delivering the product while keeping the cost low.

I’m the senior marketing manager at Lex Mundi, an international network of law firms with about 150 member law firms worldwide.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

Every year we would print a directory of our member firms. We wanted to eliminate that for several reasons.

One of them was that we wanted to reduce the cost, and another was that we wanted to be more green and not print lots of directories. We were looking to build an app that would provide the same information.

We knew what we wanted as far as the information that needed to be in the app, but they took us from the first step all the way to the end. Designli walked us through how best to build it and what features to include. They then built a native app for both iOS and Android.

We mostly interacted with a project manager.

How did you come to work with Designli?

Since we’re a membership-based organization, we talked to some of our law firms in the US to see if they had worked with any app development companies. Our member firm in South Carolina recommended Designli, so we reached out to them.

We worked with them from June 2019–June 2020.

Anecdotally, our members are happy to know that we won’t be printing thousands of copies of the directory.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

The team did a really good job of walking us through how the app was going to be built. For an organization that had never built an app, it was really helpful to work with a company that was with us step by step.

Designli was super helpful. They set us up on Basecamp and provided updates at the end of every week so that we knew where we stood and what they had worked on.

Additionally, they were good about letting us know what they needed from us. The over-communication was great. In addition to Basecamp, we also communicated via email, and sometimes via phone.

Their honesty and transparency around the app build and features were great. They didn’t try to get more money from us. When we told them what we wanted to do, they would suggest alternative methods that would cost less.

For someone who has never done it before, you won’t be taken advantage of financially. They want to do everything in a cost-effective way.

Nothing jumps to mind right away. The only thing is that they start off their project with an information gathering session to get the scope of the project and they charge for it. There was some hesitation around that because there was a price to pay just to get started.

I would recommend them to anyone. Communicate with them and they will do the same.

Web Prototype Dev for Fantasy League Charity Company

"The team did a great job of interpreting what I wanted and making it come to life."

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

Working in collaboration with the internal team, Designli developed a prototype of a web platform that fantasy leagues can use to donate money to charities.

Columbia, South Carolina
CEO & Founder, Charity-Based Fantasy Sports Platform

Designli delivered a visually-appealing solution that has been incredibly helpful in terms of explaining the business’ mission and receiving feedback. They are a communicative, professional, and thorough partner that answers questions with great depth and provides regular status updates.

I’m the CEO and founder of a web platform that makes it easy for fantasy leagues to collect and donate a portion of their fees and winnings to charities.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I’m not a developer, so I needed someone who could handle this project. Not having a background in development made me a little bit nervous when I was starting to look. I wanted a partner that I could trust.

I had an idea of what I wanted and I knew the steps that I needed to take. The whole process was very collaborative. Designli worked with me to develop a prototype that I’m able to get feedback from and use in my idea pitches.

Originally, I worked with Keith (Co-Founder & CEO), but now I work with Josh (COO) who translates what I needed to the developers.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I found an article on Google that ranked the top 10 web developers in the US, and they were mentioned. I also used Clutch to read their reviews and to make sure that I was heading down the right path.

I talked to other companies along the way, but I could tell that Designli was professional and perfect for the tech startup space.

So far, we’ve spent $15,000.

Our engagement began in March 2020, and it’s ongoing.

The prototype has made it easy for me to get feedback. The whole business description writing process is difficult enough, so having a good-looking prototype makes it easy for me to explain what I’m trying to do by showing and not just telling.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate via video-conferencing and phone calls. We were going to meet in-person, but due to COVID-19, that didn’t happen. The team is very thorough. They give us an end-of-the-week wrap-up of where the project stands and what they’re hoping to accomplish.

The team also meets its deadlines. If they ever have issues meeting their deadlines, they always let me know.

Designli has it down to a science in terms of communication. Any time I’ve had a question, they’ve always given a business-like yet personal response.

No matter how small the question is, they always answer thoroughly. They strike a good balance between keeping it professional while maintaining casualness.

No, I don’t have any suggestions. I’m happy with everything they’ve done so far. I’d love for the project to cost less, but I know that in this world, that’s just how it is.

Most of the hold up came from me. So, I would advise customers to be precise and clear about what they’re trying to accomplish. This will really help.

There were several times where I had to pivot and go in a different direction. Nevertheless, the team did a great job of interpreting what I wanted and making it come to life.

If someone wants to develop an app and doesn’t know how to do it, they should definitely use Designli.

Consulting & Design for Professional Connections Startup

“Designli has given our idea a voice.”

Sept. 2019 - Ongoing

Designli is guiding a professional connections startup through product development. They led a consulting session to refine their idea, and then they went through a design process and delivered a prototype.

Mark McKinney
Co-Founder, Online Professional Connections Startup

They’ve satisfied the requirements by translating a business idea into a tangible reality. The team excels at project management and communicating seamlessly. They provide actionable insights and industry knowledge while putting clients’ interests before their own.

I am one of the co-founders of a web application that is focused on helping people make social and professional connections through shared interests.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

At the stage we got Designli involved, my colleague and I had an idea, and we were looking for someone to tell us whether it would work or not.

At the outset, we went through Designli’s ‘SolutionLab,’ which is a very prescriptive, collaborative, and well-defined process. We came in with a lot of thoughts, and Designli’s team walked us through our idea. They asked what challenge we were trying to solve and had us consider different ideas and concerns. At the end of the SolutionLab process, they let us know what they thought could be a viable, go-to-market strategy and solution, and they broke it into different phases and stages. This helped us define the idea we had with some minor tweaks.

Their first step in the process was the SolutionLab and defining the idea; the second step was seeing what the idea could look like before getting into development. Designli went through a design process to help us visualize the solution and give us something tangible, including screen flows, color schemes, logo designs, moods, etc.

We’ve completed the SolutionLab and the initial prototyping. It has been a very collaborative, iterative process with a lot of back-and-forth.

I’ve always worked with Keith and Josh (Partners, Designli), the COO and the CEO. Then, as part of their design team, they have a content specialist assigned to us as well as more of a technical resource. For the first couple of phases we’ve been through, we’ve had 4–5 people engaged from their team. They’ve engaged more of their team members as we’ve gone along.

How did you come to work with Designli?

We got connected to Designli through an entrepreneurship group in the Greenville area, which they’re also a part of. We chose to go with Designli because of their SolutionLab, which we thought was a really interesting process.

We’ve invested around $17,000 so far. They’ve done a really good job of providing phases 1–3 overall investments and what they could look like with certain variants in place.

We started our work with them in September 2019, and they delivered the prototype at the end of January 2020. We’re currently providing tweaks back to them. Our work together is ongoing.

Now, we have a prototype in hand that we can take to our presentations as part of our pitch deck as we look for funding from different sources, whether that be venture, angel, or friends and family.

Before Designli, we only had a document. We’d try to tell people what our idea was, what it could look like, and what it was trying to solve, but most people didn’t get it. Through the SolutionLab and prototyping, Designli has helped us really refine and define that idea. Now, we can clearly articulate our idea to people, both in text and on a screen. People need to see and feel and touch in order to visualize. Designli has given our idea a voice.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

I was once a PMP-certified project manager, and I think these guys are better than I ever was. If anything, they’ve over-communicated and been very concise. They make sure that we understand every step and where every dollar is going. They update us frequently throughout the week about how many hours we’ve spent toward certain projects. If there are any delays or they need extra time on anything, they clearly share that with us.

We needed somebody to push back a little bit and give us a reality check. What distinguishes Designli is that they ask the hard questions while respecting our idea and the work we’re trying to do. We felt we could trust them right away because they asked questions that could’ve stopped our project in its tracks. They’re a business, so they could’ve easily just said our idea was wonderful and that they’d build it for us; instead, they slowed us down and broke down our idea.

They really put our interests ahead of theirs because they see that it’s more of a long-term relationship. They’re very adamant that they don’t put pen to paper or code to screen before the client knows what their idea is. The SolutionLab is a very defined process of brainstorming where they overlay their experiences, guidance, current projects they’re working on, and hurdles they’ve seen.

I can’t think of anything. We’ve been delighted throughout the process; we’re not experts in this area, and they’ve been our trusted advisor throughout it.

Open up and share any and all ideas with them; they’re very receptive and want to hear everything. I think that a lot of entrepreneurs don’t share their ideas because they assume they’re too crazy. When you work with Designli, engage in the SolutionLab process and put everything on the table. They’ll collect all of your ideas and then give them back to you in a very legible format that makes more sense than when you originally said it.

Development for Vaping Cessation App

"Their team is super quick, probably faster than other providers out there."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

Using provided designs, the team at Designli developed an iOS application that mirrors a vaping cessation product. The app tracks the usage of the product, holding users accountable for their consumption.

1 Employee

Malibu, California
Steven Cravotta
Founder, Puff Count

The team at Designli meets expectations. Their dedication to their clients is particularly noteworthy. Their organizational style is also top-notch. Customers can expect a transparent and creative engagement with their team.

I’m the founder of Puff Count.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I had an idea for a startup and app that would allow users to keep track of their vaping usage. While I had the concept in mind, I had no idea how to create the app.

After I came to their team with a basic idea and a few designs that I created with another designer, the team at Designli developed the iOS app from scratch. It was a straightforward process with constant contact between our teams.

The app has a home page that keeps track of your daily progress through how many puffs and at what time you’re vaping. It can also track progress monthly and weekly, and users can view their history on the app. There’s also a profile page.

There was one project manager and one development manager. Within the team, there were three or four developers that worked on the app.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I started looking for development agencies and came across Designli on a review site. After giving them a call, the rest is history.

So far, we’ve invested between $10,000–$20,000.

The ongoing engagement with Designli started in November 2019.

The first phase was finished in less than a month, and now we’re moving on to the second phase.

The team at Designli is involved in every step of the way, remaining interested in my project. I’ve never been in the dark, and their team provides excellent suggestions. They provided a detailed SOW that outlined the entire development process. Their team is highly-qualified, organized and trustworthy.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked through Basecamp for communication. I’ve remained updated by the developers throughout the engagement. The entire project management system is well-organized.

I’ve worked with freelancers in the past, but Designli is the first company I’ve worked with in this area. Their team is super quick, probably faster than other providers out there.

I had an issue with the length of the testing phase. Since the app is pretty simple, I don’t think the phase should’ve taken as long as it did. I don’t think it even needed it.

Talk through it with their team. The team at Designli is extremely passionate. They’re willing to hear ideas. Along with being extremely involved, they come up with helpful suggestions. Clients should keep an open mind and trust that they know what they’re doing. But also make sure your vision is being created.

Platform Development for Sports Startup

“They’ve done everything I’ve asked them to do and more.”

July 2019 - Ongoing

Designli is developing a platform from scratch with different user pages for athletes, strategists, and coaches and recruiters. They’re implementing billing, storage, and video capabilities and adding content.

Roger Dickinson
CEO, The Locker Room Worldwide

Designli has played a critical part in bringing the platform to fruition, and internal stakeholders attribute them with turning their idea into reality. Timely and responsive, the team demonstrates incredible initiative, creativity, and work ethic. They provide frequent progress updates.

I’m the CEO of The Locker Room Worldwide, a sports platform for youth athletes. The platform enables youth athletes to create their own websites and promote themselves.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I had a vision for this platform and needed development support.

Designli is developing the platform from scratch using different technologies. First, they put together a proposal that detailed the different avenues they could take to create the platform. This included a description of how everything would go, and I approved it.

They’re building out various parts of the platform, including a page for athletes and a page for strategists, who help athletes through different brackets as they get older. Designli is developing a side of the platform for coaches and recruiters so that they can go in and look at athletes. They’re also developing the programs for billing, storage, and video. They’re helping me get pictures in place and are assisting with the language.

I work directly with Keith (CEO & Co-Founder, Designli) and Josh (COO, Designli). I know there are other people involved because I see them on the emails.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I looked at local companies, and that’s how I found Designli. I looked at three different companies before hiring them. Designli’s portfolio and the people they’d worked with were big reasons I chose them.

I’ve spent around $100,000.

I began working with Designli in July 2019, and our work together is ongoing.

Designli has played a big part in everything. They’ve really been leaders of this whole project. They took the idea in my head and made it real. They were able to get our homepage up before our first convention, which happened in Florida in November. They set up Mailchimp so that we could collect email addresses and other information from people coming to our page.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been great. They send me updates every week to show what they’ve done and how they did it. All of their timing has been good; when they set timeframes, they meet them.

Their initiative and work ethic set them apart. Also, their creativity with the project has helped me understand things and go from one point to the next.

I couldn’t point a finger at them for anything. They’ve been so patient in working with me and understanding where I want to go. I’m pleased with everything; if I had to start all over, I’d choose them again.

Being able to communicate is important.

They’ve done everything I’ve asked them to do and more.
    They’re the company I chose to go with, so I don’t have anybody else to compare them against.
    They’re good at planning and knowing where they need to be at certain times.

App Development for Financial Blog

"Their team is excellent at asking clarifying questions."

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

Designli is in the process of building a mobile application for a financial blog. The app is a tool that encourages users to pay their debts in an efficient way.

Oklahoma
CEO, Financial Services Blog

The team completed the design aspects of the application. Their skilled expertise complemented their professional management style. The team at Designli is reputable, communicative, and responsive. Customers can expect a hardworking team that meets deadlines.

I’m the owner of a financial blog.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

We wanted to create an app for our audience. Our users had been asking for one for a long time.

The team at Designli was hired to develop and design our application from scratch. It’s intended to be a motivational tool to help users pay off their debt faster. The app gives recommendations on refinancing loans and where their focus should be when it comes to paying off debt. It also has a social media function where users can like and comment on their friend’s progress.

I’ve only interacted with two people from their team, but they have between 15–30 developers working on it. My points of contact worked with me to get a feel of what I wanted and needed. They act as a liaison between the developers and me, explaining what I need in technical terms.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I found Designli on Viber.

By the time the project is completed, we will have spent over $100,00.

We started engaging with Designli at the end of August or beginning of September. The work is ongoing.

We’ve gone through the design phase, and now we’re working on the technical aspects. Right now, the app is for iOS. In six months, their team will start on the Android version. All they’ve done is go back and forth on design. Once the app is out and people are using it, we will be able to track its progress and success.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management standpoint, they’re amazing. Their team stays in touch, providing weekly updates. If there’s ever a question, we have a great plan for communication.

They were the most reasonably-priced, reputable agency that’s based in the US. I also appreciate our points of contact. We can call them at any time to make sure we’re all on the same page. Their team is excellent at asking clarifying questions. In the developmental phase, I felt that I had thought through my app well, but their team sees things from a technical perspective. That helped us get on the same page.

Nothing from my experience. I might have more to say further down the line, but nothing for now.

Designli is only held up by the client’s lack of communication or the inability to act quickly. Clients need to make sure they give feedback as quickly as they can to move the timeline faster. There were a few weeks where I couldn’t respond. But if they’re willing to help, you also have to be there and willing.

It was a very quick turnaround. There was never a deadline they didn’t meet.
    It’s not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. It’s high-quality.
    Their designs are beautiful. Their turnaround was very quick. There’s nothing I could have them do better.
    I would highly recommend them.

UX/UI Design & Consulting for Web App

"They are truly partners in this journey to create a product that will enhance the lives of others."

July 2019 - Ongoing

Designli delivered product strategy services for a web application. The team's consulting process resulted in a business plan, a logo, UX/UI designs, and mock web pages for mobile and desktop devices.

Megan Honke
Founder, Apprecio

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the superior quality of the design work. Proactive and efficient, Designli offers useful insights while adhering to deadlines. Their ability to foster collaboration, coupled with their consistent delivery of exceptional assets, makes them a valuable partner.

I am the founder of Apprecio, a mobile web application dedicated to efficiently and effectively recognize those who have made an impact in their lives or in the lives of their loved ones.

For what projects/services did your company hire Designli?

Designli and I partnered for their Solutions Lab and Prototype for Apprecio.

Essentially, the initial goal was to create a comprehensive business plan and user stories for my idea, a facet where someone may easily promote gratitude and positive reinforcement. Once the foundational information was established, the next goal was to create visually appealing mock web and mobile web pages.

An online search directed me to Designli. An initial phone call with CEO Keith Shields left me impressed and curious to learn more about their Solutions Lab and overall process.

I was initially excited to learn about the experience Keith and his team brought to the table, but even more elated with their straightforward approach to use their term “building a skateboard before the car”. As I’m unfamiliar with technology development, this concept made tremendous sense and I immediately knew Designli was the best fit for Apprecio.

As my knowledge in the tech world is limited, Designli’s SolutionLab is the perfect ‘first step’ we never knew we needed. In this process, we found ourselves hashing out key components and essential concepts, ultimately designing the building blocks for our vision.

During each call and webinar, ideas were shared and fine-tuned. The next steps of creating a logo and prototype were crucial for illustrating the vision outlined in the SolutionLab.

Keith, Josh, and the team are professional, diligent, and transparent with the process for creating an app, from inception through development. Keith initially discussed the Designli SolutionLab process in great detail and with support of Josh and their team, resulted in an outstanding map for Apprecio. Josh was my main point person during the logo design and prototyping journey, communicating promptly and effectively updates as appropriate.

The end result of the SolutionLab is a solid business plan, user flow diagram, and user persona and stories. The logo and prototype are incredible illustrations of pages in which a user will navigate Apprecio in a seamless manner. The layouts and design are better than I could have imagined.

Josh and Keith communicated at least weekly via Basecamp and whenever there were updates. The work completed was timely and clarification regarding questions were answered in great detail.

The SolutionLab was quite impressive, in that they were not merely listening to my concept, but contributing ideas for user maximizing functionality, while remaining mindful of V1.

I am consistently impressed with Keith, Josh, and the Designli team. They are truly partners in this journey to create a product that will enhance the lives of others.

At this time, I have no comments on areas for improvement. Any success to come Designli's way is much deserved.

Project Planning and UI Design for Safety Consultancy

"Compared to what they promised, they’ve been meeting marks."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli developed a detailed project plan and cost breakdown and created a prototype interface for a web solution. In the near future, they’re going to program the full solution.

Nathan Bennett
VP of Technology, Life and Safety Consultants, Inc.

Internal stakeholders are pleased with Designli’s phase-based approach and insight cost analysis. Showcasing their flexibility, they’ve adjusted their development approach to better fit their client’s capabilities. Their communication is a highlight of the engagement, responsive and proactive.

I’m the VP of technology at Life and Safety Consultants, Inc. We’re a full-service safety consulting company that provides OSHA compliance services, including their Safety and Health Recognition Program (SHARP) for small businesses. These range from basic, one-off training to full-facility assessments.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

Over the past ten years, we’ve been developing online services and safety tools to help our consultants in the field. We needed help to develop some of the tools we haven’t been able to build for ourselves in-house.

We’re working through a three-phase project. The first was a project management phase where we scoped out the project. We decided on how long it would take and the resources it would require, both financial- and personnel-wise. In the second phase, they created a non-functional prototype interface so we had something to show customers. It looked exactly how we wanted. We’re going to start the third phase—the programming phase—soon.

We worked with two people initially, and then two more. There also might be another design person I haven’t met.

How did you come to work with Designli?

They’re a local company in Greenville, South Carolina. We’d worked with a number of development firms without much luck over the years, mostly because they’re remote and the developers didn’t work with our format.

Compared to four or five other local companies I considered for this project, Designli had the best portfolio and made the best impression during the in-person meeting. They answered my questions and demonstrated a solid path moving forward. Additionally, they didn’t quote the entire project up-front. They advocated a lean, phase-based approach.

We’ve spent between $10,000–$49,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since September 2018.

We’ve reviewed their work internally with a few key stakeholders, we’ve shown it to a few of our clients that are invested in the project’s success. Compared to what they promised, they’ve been meeting marks.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re very happy with what we’ve seen so far. The tangibles, work breakdown structure and regular communication are great. They keep us abreast of what’s happening once or twice a week, especially during a larger chunk that may not have small deliverables.

First, their lean approach to the project is amazing. They laid out everything in the discovery portion, including the functionalities and all the smaller tasks that go into the functionalities. This helped us identify what we wanted to include in our first version of the software based on cost considerations.

Second, the level of communication and follow-up has been great. We get distracted by other priorities sometimes, and they politely remind us that they need an approval or a review of the documentation before they can move forward. They gently prod us, so to speak.

Of course, I’d prefer the cost less, but there’s not much they’d be able to about that. Otherwise, I have no other complaints. They’ve even made some changes to their work and payment schedule (introducing shorter sprints) to accommodate a smaller business like us.

Definitely make use of the discovery and work and cost breakdown period. Even if you don’t build with them, that breakdown is a very valuable document. Pay for the first phase and make the decision after that.

Overall Score They’re local to us, they’re personable and easy to communicate with, and they’re format and frequency of communication are perfect.
    A lot of the development fell around holidays, and they had other projects, so we had to reschedule a bit.
    What they deliver is a quality product for a company that has the capital to spend.
    Everything they described upfront, we received on the backend exactly as we expected.

GOLD VERIFIED