Transformative By Design.

Bronze

Transformative By Design. Designli is a digital product studio in Greenville, South Carolina.

We specialize in the rapid prototyping of new software concepts, taking our clients from vision to 'V1' as quickly and effectively as possible.

Startups and entrepreneurs value our process for its key 'pausing points' along the way, as we help founders seek validation, feedback, and - oftentimes - investment.

Established businesses lean on Designli when launching new, software-driven initiatives for many of these same reasons, seeking internal buy-in while iterating quickly based on customer feedback.

For more information and to see our extensive work portfolio, visit https://designli.co

Greenville, SC
  • 101 N Main St, Suite #314
    Greenville, SC 29601

Goodwill Arkiver ClubUp LifeTabs Tap Picks Thingealogy Arrow Food Couriers ....and 100+ more.

ClubUp: Uber for Golf Caddies Image

ClubUp: Uber for Golf Caddies

Very excited about the launch of our client's app, ClubUp - an "Uber for Golf Caddies" now available in the Charlotte market. Also a beautiful example of a clean and dark-themed UI design that we brought through design, prototyping, development, and public beta lunch.

Vet-Tab: Easy Diabetes Testing for Pets Image

Vet-Tab: Easy Diabetes Testing for Pets

Meet Vet-Tab, a client of Designli (http://designli.co) who is building an innovative solution for testing your pet's blood glucose level. Simply use saliva on a tab that changes color; scan that tab with the Vet-Tab app on your phone and see the mg/dL reading in real time. A beautiful example of a clean and light-themed UI design by our team.

GoodTwice: eCommerce by Goodwill Image

GoodTwice: eCommerce by Goodwill

Meet GoodTwice: an online thrift store selling gently-used women's clothes. Brought to you by Goodwill Industries of Upstate / Midlands SC.

Our team at Designli (https://designli.co) completed the design and development of native iPhone and Android applications that tapped into the existing Magento E-commerce website.

Shop today - and download the mobile

applications - at https://goodtwice.com
SrvdUp iPhone App Image

SrvdUp iPhone App

Meet SrvdUp: the social networking app for the hospitality industry. Keep up to date with industry trends, peer posts and beneficial reads within specific hospitality segments: Food & Beverage, Lodging, Recreation & Events, and Travel and Tourism.

Social networking app design and development by the Designli team at https://designli.co

Sports Platform App / Web-App Image

Sports Platform App / Web-App

A recent Graphic Design & Prototyping project conducted by the Designli team: and an example of the 'user profile' page across both desktop and mobile resolutions, with an emphasis on clean multicolor gradients.

Learn more about our Design process by visiting our website at https://designli.co

Genchi Image

Genchi

Looking for daily, real-time status reports for your projects - based on team sentiment? You'll love Genchi - a valued Designli client building a transformative "Waze for Project Management" tool. Read the story @ https://blog.genchi.com/2018/10/24/genchi-visualize-projects-in-real-tim... sign up for the waiting list

Surcee Image

Surcee

Surcee is a social giving platform designed & developed by the team at Designli (https://designli.co).

A surcee ["sir'-see"] is a beautiful southern tradition - a gift that says "I'm thinking of you," "I love you," or "This reminded me of you. Coming soon, in time for the Holidays, is your stress-free path to the perfect surcee. Learn more and sign up for the waiting

Project Planning and UI Design for Safety Consultancy

"Compared to what they promised, they’ve been meeting marks."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli developed a detailed project plan and cost breakdown and created a prototype interface for a web solution. In the near future, they’re going to program the full solution.

Nathan Bennett
VP of Technology, Life and Safety Consultants, Inc.

Internal stakeholders are pleased with Designli’s phase-based approach and insight cost analysis. Showcasing their flexibility, they’ve adjusted their development approach to better fit their client’s capabilities. Their communication is a highlight of the engagement, responsive and proactive.

I’m the VP of technology at Life and Safety Consultants, Inc. We’re a full-service safety consulting company that provides OSHA compliance services, including their Safety and Health Recognition Program (SHARP) for small businesses. These range from basic, one-off training to full-facility assessments.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

Over the past ten years, we’ve been developing online services and safety tools to help our consultants in the field. We needed help to develop some of the tools we haven’t been able to build for ourselves in-house.

We’re working through a three-phase project. The first was a project management phase where we scoped out the project. We decided on how long it would take and the resources it would require, both financial- and personnel-wise. In the second phase, they created a non-functional prototype interface so we had something to show customers. It looked exactly how we wanted. We’re going to start the third phase—the programming phase—soon.

We worked with two people initially, and then two more. There also might be another design person I haven’t met.

How did you come to work with Designli?

They’re a local company in Greenville, South Carolina. We’d worked with a number of development firms without much luck over the years, mostly because they’re remote and the developers didn’t work with our format.

Compared to four or five other local companies I considered for this project, Designli had the best portfolio and made the best impression during the in-person meeting. They answered my questions and demonstrated a solid path moving forward. Additionally, they didn’t quote the entire project up-front. They advocated a lean, phase-based approach.

We’ve spent between $10,000–$49,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since September 2018.

We’ve reviewed their work internally with a few key stakeholders, we’ve shown it to a few of our clients that are invested in the project’s success. Compared to what they promised, they’ve been meeting marks.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re very happy with what we’ve seen so far. The tangibles, work breakdown structure and regular communication are great. They keep us abreast of what’s happening once or twice a week, especially during a larger chunk that may not have small deliverables.

First, their lean approach to the project is amazing. They laid out everything in the discovery portion, including the functionalities and all the smaller tasks that go into the functionalities. This helped us identify what we wanted to include in our first version of the software based on cost considerations.

Second, the level of communication and follow-up has been great. We get distracted by other priorities sometimes, and they politely remind us that they need an approval or a review of the documentation before they can move forward. They gently prod us, so to speak.

Of course, I’d prefer the cost less, but there’s not much they’d be able to about that. Otherwise, I have no other complaints. They’ve even made some changes to their work and payment schedule (introducing shorter sprints) to accommodate a smaller business like us.

Definitely make use of the discovery and work and cost breakdown period. Even if you don’t build with them, that breakdown is a very valuable document. Pay for the first phase and make the decision after that.

Overall Score They’re local to us, they’re personable and easy to communicate with, and they’re format and frequency of communication are perfect.
    A lot of the development fell around holidays, and they had other projects, so we had to reschedule a bit.
    What they deliver is a quality product for a company that has the capital to spend.
    Everything they described upfront, we received on the backend exactly as we expected.

API Development for Software Company

"They're very patient and able to work with someone who has no technical background."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli developed an API for an e-commerce website. The API can be used for marketing materials, the checkout process, and the gifting space. They continue working on various use cases.

Atlanta, Georgia
Founder, Emotional Commerce

The in-house team is happy with the quality of Designli’s work. Designli’s ability to take a concept and bring it to life, coupled with their superb communication skills made them a reliable partner.

I'm the president of a software company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I was looking for an experienced vendor to develop an API for a number of use cases.

They built an API for different use cases for our e-commerce website. The API is used for marketing materials, the checkout process, and the gifting space. I gave them a concept, and they brought it to life, educating me along the way.

There are about eight people working on the project.

How did you come to work with Designli?

It was a word-of-mouth recommendation.

I've spent about $200,000.

I started working with Designli in March 2018, and the relationship is ongoing.

They're doing fantastic work. The feedback has been very positive.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication has been flawless. We didn't have any issues.

I don't think so.

They have a great team. Their level of integrity and commitment is impressive. I highly recommend them.

Custom Software Development for Start Up

“They're very professional and thorough, and they listen well.”

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli supports a workplace culture startup as they develop their key software. Still in the design phase, they’ve plotted the user journey and created mockups that will help meet project goals.

Alex Andrew
Founder, Junction

The designs show a clear understanding of a satisfying user experience, and Designli follows up regularly. They are flexible, and are pleased to do whatever is necessary to achieve goals and stay within budgetary constraints.

I'm a founder of a new company. We are currently developing workplace culture software.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

We wanted to focus on employers' lack of awareness of their employees' personal interests and lives. We also wanted to build an avenue that allowed employees to interact and establish stronger connections with each other.

They hosted a solution lab for me. I put my thoughts and ideas on paper, and they helped me plot out how the software could be structured. They came up with ways for users to interact with it and helped me solidify what users could accomplish. They pieced my ideas into a real software experience and created software screens to identify what the finished product would look like.

I came in with a list of goals, but they put the whole project in more practical terms. They brought a technological perspective, and they did a lot of research on my competitors to help differentiate our software in the market. We're still in the design phase, and we haven't decided what technologies we'll use yet. We hope to build out an algorithm that will connect employees to colleagues with similar interests.

I work with the two founders, and they have a designer that works in the background.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I did some general market research and spoke with a friend who has a more established startup. I searched for development shops in my area, and Designli was highly rated and reviewed. Their office is very close, and I had a good initial conversation with them. They seemed like a good fit.

I've invested around $10,000 so far.

We started working together in late summer 2018. I'm still testing the market, and the project is ongoing.

The software isn't active yet, so there are no metrics to share now. My experience with them is phenomenal. They really understand my vision, and I don't have to over-explain anything. They're very in tune with great user experiences, which is a core part of what I hope to offer.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

They're good project managers. We meet face to face as often as we can. Most of our meetings have been in person, but they also leverage Basecamp as a project management site for documentation. All the screens they designed are in InVision.

I'm very impressed with their follow-up, and they're on top of their engagements. They sent me a handwritten letter with collateral fairly early on. Whenever we have a conversation, they send me a robust list of next steps. They're very professional and thorough, and they listen well. If ever something is too costly or too early to consider, they're very flexible to my needs. They help keep the project lean where it needs to be, and everything they do helps me achieve my goals.

Nothing comes to mind. This is my first experience like this, and they do a good job.

Start with them early in your process. They format jobs well, so it helps to go in with an open mind. They offer good feedback for usability, and they're willing to push back with better solutions.

Web Dev for Industrial Space Marketplace

"Designli bridges the gap between our business needs and technical needs."

Jun. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli helped design and create a marketplace for a tech startup using React and JavaScript. It includes listing, booking, and payment functions. The project is ongoing.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Lance Theobald
CEO, SecurSpace

The platform is still under development, but Designli’s progress has satisfied stakeholders so far. They lead a seamless workflow thanks to their business expertise and top-notch communication. Customers can expect a reliable team with a broad skill set and detailed methodology.

I’m the founder and CEO of SecurSpace. We provide a marketplace to connect owners and managers of industrial facilities—such as truck parking or equipment storage—with interested clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

We have one in-house technical person—our CTO—and needed to scale our development capacity.

Designli provides design and development resources to build out our marketplace. Owners can list properties and facilities with their features, and potential customers can reserve and pay for spaces. It offers listing, booking, and payment functionalities in the same site. The frontend uses React while the backend is built in JavaScript.

When we engaged Designli, we were looking to move from our MVP to our second version of the site. Designli supplemented our development in the backend, frontend, and specific features. They also offered input into designs that we had done with an outside firm. They then presented us with an overhauled UI that we’re working to implement now.

We primarily work with Keith (CEO & Co-founder, Designli) and Josh (COO, Designli). I’ve been on calls with various members of their development staff, but Josh is my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Designli?

Our company is based in North Carolina, so we were looking for firms based in the South. We wanted the opportunity to talk through our vision and product in person with a vendor. I found Designli on Google, where they were highly rated and had lots of positive customer feedback. After an initial phone call and a face-to-face meeting, it seemed like a good fit.

We’ve spent around $100,000–$250,000 so far.

We started working together in June 2018. We were initially looking into developing a mobile app, so we used a process that Designli calls a Solutions Lab. We didn’t end up building the app, but we retained their suggestions and roadmap. For business reasons, we went towards building a web platform instead, which is still an ongoing project.

I don’t have any metrics at the moment, but our team deeply appreciates the work that Designli has done so far. They’ve implemented our designs well, and we’re thrilled to continue working with them.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

Designli excels as project managers. They have top-notch processes and great communication. I communicate with the team over email and phone, and our CTO works closely with them over Google Hangouts.

Designli bridges the gap between our business needs and technical needs. Josh and Keith have in-depth experience in both development and starting a business. That expertise allows them to provide technical advice while being efficient with our dollars.

No, not really. The team is very responsive and has delivered what they've committed to providing. I don't have any complaints.

Know exactly what you want Designli to build, and supply as much detail about your requirements as possible upfront. Their team excels at taking specifications and creating a plan around them.

Designli charges lower rates than US-based developers.

Mobile App and Web Dev for App Startup

"They’re very transparent and forthcoming when it comes to sharing details about their work."

2014 - Ongoing

Designli built a family heirloom app using Ruby on Rails. The team is currently developing a web-based spreadsheet tool to provide an optimal file organization system.

Morgantown, West Virginia
Founder & Sole Member, Thingealogy, LLC

Designli delivered a seamless UX and a polished UI. Professional and flexible, the team provides detailed reports and routinely adjusts to meet new requirements. Their ability to explain complex technical information in a digestible way sets them apart from other vendors.

I’m the founder and sole member of Thingeology LLC, which is a website and an app. Thingealogy is in the business of helping families save the stories of their heirlooms and belongings.  Once saved, these stories about belongings are called “Things” and are organized into “Collections,” where “Beneficiaries” are assigned. All of this information is stored within the Thingealogy system, and additional photos and comments can be added, and financial values assigned. A QR code is generated so that users can hear the audio recording for years to come, and a PDF file is created, which can be used in estate planning. I had the idea for this company in 2012 and, although I have sole ownership of the product, I rely on Designli to bring these ideas to life.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

Without a tech background and, at the time, interest and aptitude to learn coding, there was no way Thingealogy would come to life without outside help. That was the impetus to find a company like Designli that could help.

By 2014, when I first contacted  Designli, I had consulted with several professionals and companies  to get Thingealogy off the ground. I worked with lawyers to help draft the privacy policy and terms of use, trademark lawyers to help with the US Patent and Trademark Office to apply for the name to be registered, an app designer who created the logo for Thingealogy, and a social media marketer who helped with the Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram pages. Since 2016, I’ve worked almost exclusively with Designli on all projects for Thingealogy, from web design to decisions about different elements of the user experience. They also take care of all the backend work with whatever coding languages they use.

The team composition for Thingealogy and Designli is comprised of myself and Designli’s two co-founders, Josh (COO, Designli) and Keith (CEO, Designli). They pass on information to their internal team.

How did you come to work with Designli?

The coders I originally planned to use fell through, and in 2014 I came across a link to America's Coolest College Startups of 2014. Designli was mentioned in the article. I emailed Keith, and he quickly responded, a sign of things to come, as both Keith and Josh are very responsive to emails.

Over the past five years, Thingealogy has invested between $150,000–$250,000 with Designli. A large part of that has been paid over the past year to recode the app and create several new web-based features.

We started working together in 2014, and the project is ongoing.

The app is very easy to use, and the user flows are smooth and intuitive. The design of the interface is also very elegant. Designli did a lot of work on the backend to simplify each process.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

They do an excellent job keeping me informed about what they’re working on, so that I’m aware of their progress and know what to expect.  Before each phase of a project begins, I’m given an estimate of how many hours will be required for each piece of the project.

If I want to add a new feature, they’ll give me general time and money estimates. They’re very transparent and forthcoming when it comes to sharing details about their work. Every Friday, I receive a full written report from them with hours spent on the projects, plus I have access to many reports about their work on a platform called Basecamp.

The first thing that comes to mind is the level of trust that Josh and Keith have established with me. They’re also responsive to my calls and questions. I appreciate how relatable they are in explaining technology and how they’ve helped me put my creative ideas into reality.  It’s been a great working relationship. I haven’t felt the need to seek or use other providers, mainly because of the trust that I’ve built with Designli.

Over the past five years, it’s been fun for me to watch Designli grow into such a professionally run company.  They seem well aware of industry trends and tools; as a customer, I know I've benefited from that awareness and growth.  I can’t speak to all of their internal improvements, but I do know that the platforms that they use to communicate with me have become very sophisticated, and I appreciate that.

Hire them!

Web Development for Financial E-News Company

"Designli makes everything easy for me to use. It’s so helpful to have a guide through all of these steps."

May 2019 - Ongoing

Designli is developing a mobile-friendly website for a financial news startup. They began with a solutions lab process to create storyboards and outlines. Now they're starting the coding process.

Founder, Financial News Company

Communicating clearly from the start, Designli’s team inspires confidence throughout the project. Their consistent communication, responsiveness, and ability to work with an inexperienced founder make them a valuable partner. They also offer useful tactical advice that is subsequently implemented.

I currently work at a large financial institution and I am starting my own company. I will be publishing market commentary and discussing trends in the market. Those opinions will be published on my website, and that content will also be offered via email.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I don’t have a background in coding or website development. The web component is the heart of the new enterprise. That's going to be the main avenue to deliver my content. Without a solid website, there really is no business. I only had a rough outline of what I wanted, so I needed to hire partners that could help me translate my vision into reality.

Designli is leading the entire web development process. Their initial preparation is done sequentially, so we started with phone calls to discuss what I wanted. Then we had a video conference to further discuss how the website would look. They created a storyboard to visualize the layout and helped me outline the next steps. They worked with me to form a budget for all the pieces of the project and to establish a timeline. Finally, they constructed a digital framework around my knowledge of financial commentary.

The site will eventually be hosted on Amazon. Designli is in the coding process right now. It will have a heavy publishing capability. I'm going to be writing commentary and need to be able to publish as needed throughout the day and not on a set schedule. They’re creating the email capability as well to handle the (ideally) thousands of subscribers with different email preferences. It will handle a variety of subscription options for individuals or large organizations. They’re working on search capability and the presentation of the content as well.

Designli presented me with a whole digital suite of products beyond just the core website. The plan is to start with the mobile-friendly website and eventually develop an app and podcast capabilities as my budget allows. They’re also going to help me with search engine marketing and email analytics once the service launches.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I started the process of looking for IT partners almost a year ago. While I was confident in my ability to publish content, I was hesitant due to my lack of knowledge about web technology. I spoke to a few firms and felt the most comfortable with Designli. They really understood my vision for this website. Several senior people at the company were involved in the process, including phone calls and video conferences. I liked their approach to my situation and so I decided to go with them.

I've spent about $40,000.

Work started in May 2019 and the goal is to be done in August 2019.

Work is still ongoing. So far, I’ve been very happy with the quality of all the deliverables. Designli produced a packet presentation that’s quite professional. I can present it to investors if I need to go out and raise money. They also gave me an in-depth outline of what the company needs, various tasks that have to happen, and detailed cost forecasts. I was able to put down a relatively small amount of money at the beginning, and pay as I go along. That’s been really beneficial.

We're just getting to the stage now where there are actual software deliverables. Over the next few weeks to months, they’ll have drafts online that I can look at.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team performs quite well. There's a lot of transparency and they offer great feedback. I receive weekly updates with specific hour breakdowns on what's happened and what's to come. We communicate on a variety of apps. I’m in contact with Designli every day or every other day. We talk through any updates I've requested or their recommended changes. I can always go back to them if I want to do something different. It's been very much a collaborative process. They're able to make suggestions for items that I wasn't initially considering. They're also quite accommodating to any new desires I bring to them.

I didn't come in with much familiarity with this process. I found them to be as easy to work with as my internal IT department. Designli makes everything easy for me to use. It’s so helpful to have a guide through all of these steps. They took the time to walk me through how to set up an email account in the name of my company. They also helped me open an Amazon account and sign up for analytical services.

Since this is my first web development experience, I don't have too many benchmarks. I haven't been unhappy with anything so far. I’ll probably be better able to answer that at the end of the project.

Take full advantage of their solution lab process. It was very beneficial for me as someone who's never built a website. The solution labs process will help you talk through the specifics about who's going to use your site and how they're going to use the site. It's a critical step in terms of getting the project off the ground.

Overall Score I’m pleased with the relationship to this point.
    Everything's been on schedule and they're very responsive.
    Their costs are competitive with other vendors.
    I’m happy with the materials and feedback so far.
    I’m very likely to recommend them, particularly to those with little experience.

Web Dev for Project Status & Reporting Tool

“I’m delighted with the results I’ve seen so far.”

May 2018 - Ongoing

After a brief road-mapping session, Designli created a logo, a webpage, screens, and user roles for a project status app. They’re currently building out the system with Node.js, JavaScript, and Elasticsearch.

Rowland Savage
Founder, Genchi Inc

Designli’s insight improved the application, producing a unique design with a simple and accessible user journey. The team’s structured workflow and responsive communication set the foundation for a smooth collaboration. Overall, they’re a knowledgeable, skilled and reliable partner.

I’m the founder of a startup called Genchi Inc. We offer a project status and reporting tool.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

Initially, I brought in Designli to help me finalize the concept for my project and design the application’s user flow. I ended up extending the engagement to include development.

We started with a road-mapping session to flush out my idea. After our discussions, Designli produced a document that outlined the application’s purpose and how it would work. We used that to inform screen designs, user roles, and interaction flows. Then, they fully created the product, including a logo, the webpage, and about different 70 screens.

At this point, I planned on taking their work to a different development team, so Designli assembled the plan in an accessible format. Soon after, I decided to expand my engagement with their team instead. They’re currently working on the build. The Designli team is using a combination for Node.js, JavaScript, and Elasticsearch technologies in the system.

It’s a web-based platform, and I plan to add a mobile component soon. The application visualizes project status in real time through responses from each team member. Users quickly indicate their perspective on how the team is doing, then the system combines each teammates’ answers and provides a color visual that reflects the overall sentiment. If the consensus is positive, the screen will be green. If it’s negative, it’ll be red. The answers are measured on a spectrum, so most of the time the color will be somewhere in between.

It’s a straightforward solution with an engaging and easy user flow. We offer teams a quick way to capture information and share it with external stakeholders and investors. Designli also helped us link the application with Slack to further facilitate instant status sharing. As they continue to develop the solution, they’re helping us strategize for the future. We’re looking into the different ways in which organizations could adopt this tool into their operations.

Josh (COO, Designli) is our project manager. Andrei (Development Lead, Designli) heads a team of developers that rotate based on our current needs. We generally have two resources at any given time.

How did you come to work with Designli?

We found them through a Google search. I liked the look and feel of their website, so I reached out. I was also considering several other vendors, but I noticed that Designli offered a package deal for an initial interaction. I agreed to the meeting, and they helped me conceptualize my idea. That positive experience led me to choose them for the official project.

We started working together in May 2018, and the project is ongoing.

I have a background in software, so I thought my idea was pretty reliable. After speaking with Designli, I realized there were several things I hadn’t considered. Their new perspective and valuable insight helped me fill in some of the gaps in my original idea. In terms of design, they provided a prototype that I used to explain the application to our stakeholders and investors. I received unanimously positive reactions.

Now in the development process, the team is still on track to complete the project within our budget and by the deadline. Designli’s follow through is great. They’ve basically taken on the role of a technical co-founder of my app. I invested a lot of money in this, so I’m very happy with the results. The final product will have a unique look and feel, much better than my original vision. I’m delighted with the results I’ve seen so far.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

We routinely track our progress using Basecamp. For additional communication, we use Slack, email, and phone calls as necessary. On a weekly basis, I receive a status report and have a call with their development team.

The Designli team is reliable. I’m confident in their ability to deliver what they promise, and that is a fundamental characteristic of any successful partnership.

No, they’ve don’t a great job. There are no obvious shortcomings.

Clients should trust Designli’s process. They’re a young company, but they really know what they’re doing. They ask key questions and produce top-notch results.

So far, they’ve delivered everything on time.
    They’re not the cheapest option, but the value is worth the investment.
    They’ve exceeded my expectations.

Custom Dev for Trucking & Logistics Software Platform

"The design of the platform is aesthetically pleasing and simple to use. It provides value to our users."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli is developing and designing a mobile-responsive web platform. Key features include a searchable database and custom algorithms of trucking industry data.

Kevin Nadeau
Founder, True Load Time, Inc.

Still in development, the platform has received positive feedback from key stakeholders. Designli keeps the project moving, providing critical status updates throughout the engagement. This, along with their personal approach to the work, contributes to the imminent expansion of their role.

I'm the founder and CEO of TLT Incorporated. We’re developing a transportation-related software platform for the trucking and logistics industries.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I saw a problem that we could solve, but I'm not a software developer or a web designer. I needed help developing the software and building the product that I envisioned.

Designli is developing a mobile responsive website. We initially met for several hours to map out what everything would look like. They helped me figure out what slides would need to be created and what the screens would look like. As the process continued, they would do a bit of development and then send it to me for my feedback. They let me know when something I wanted to do was particularly challenging or costly. They make suggestions for ways to reduce the cost and keep the functionality. It was a lot of back and forth and walking through the solution step by step.

We're still in development but it's going to be a searchable database. They’re taking a massive amount of information from the trucking sector and compiling it into one searchable database to solve a particular pain point. Designli is creating the algorithms and the calculations behind all the data. The website will spit the data out in a user-friendly format that members of the industry will pay for.

Designli also designed our logo. I was already incorporated and had my name ready to go, so we discussed what a logo might look like. They sent me different options and I told them which ones I did or didn’t like. I ultimately selected a final logo design.

I regularly speak with both partners. I also interact directly with several of their developers.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I found them via a Google search. I was looking for a firm here in Greenville, SC. I found six local firms and asked each one for more information about what they do. Only three firms returned my call. I had a face-to-face interview with all three to see what they could provide and getting to know them personally. I was looking for a personal interaction, and that's why I chose Designli.

I've sent about $30,000 so far.

We started working together in April 2018 and the engagement is ongoing. We have plans to develop a mobile application next year.

We're still in development but I’m very satisfied so far. Their work is fantastic. The design of the platform is aesthetically pleasing and simple to use. It provides value to our users.

Their communication is fantastic. Especially as a non-tech person, it's truly helpful for them to break it down so I can understand what they're doing and where my money is being spent. It's been a really collaborative process. They will call, email, or text when they have questions about a particular feature and how it should operate. We speak once or twice a week all throughout the process.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

Their process is broken up into particular milestones. My project is about five milestones. They send me an estimate to let me know what they're doing in each milestone and what it will cost. Each week they provide updates on where they're at in terms of the schedule. They also send out a weekly communication asking for a score on how they did as an internal report card.

I’m extremely happy that it feels personal and is more than just ones and zeros. It's a smaller firm, which I like because I can drop by their office and sit down with the partners. If I think up a new feature or modification, I can drop by their office the very next day and talk it through and get their input. They quickly let me know what it would mean to the development from a cost and a timing standpoint. They understand my company and what I'm trying to do.

I'm a startup so any cost savings would be fantastic, however, that's not a complaint. I'm happy with what they're doing, and I'll continue using them now and in the future.

Do your homework. Make sure that whatever company you choose to develop your software platform is experienced in that area. Then get to know the team. As a smaller company, Designli may not be able to push the product as quickly as a larger firm. However, I like working with fellow entrepreneurs. For me, they’re a good fit.

Overall Score I'm very happy with the decision to work with them.
    They meet or beat the deadlines.
    It’s expensive but they're in line with other firms.
    I’m very happy with their products and services.
    I’m extremely likely to recommend them.

App Dev for On-Demand Fitness Service

"They do an incredible job of listening to my ideas and determining how to make them a reality."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli designed and developed an iOS app to provide on-demand services. In addition to building wireframes and managing the technology, they assisted with branding efforts, such as logo design and naming.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
Founder, On-Demand Fitness App

The app is still in the design stage, but Designli’s work to this point has been thorough and well-structured. The team is attentive and professional, making communication hassle-free and productive. Their knowledge of the space is clearly demonstrated, proving their worth as a development partner.

I am the founder of a mobile app designed for the fitness industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I had an idea for a fitness app and needed a company to build it for me.

I presented Designli with the concept for my app, and they researched to determine if any comparable or competitive app concepts already existed or were in development. I have no background in technology, so I rely on Designli for all wireframes and aspects of the design and development. They have been helpful in branding efforts as well, including designing a logo and helping me decide on a name.

The app is built only for iOS and allows users to request on-demand fitness training services with a professional in their area.

I primarily work with their COO and a partner, but they also have a design team.

How did you come to work with Designli?

A copywriter from an ad agency in town referred them to me.

To this point, I’ve spent around $22,000.

Our engagement began in March 2018 and is ongoing. We’re still in the design phase.

I’ve been very impressed with their progress. Creating a brand identity has always been a challenge for me as a business owner, so I am thankful for their involvement in that regard in addition to their technical skills.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s evident they have worked very hard on their business process, and it’s impressive. They send follow-up emails after every meeting or phone conversation to summarize what we’ve decided and what the next steps are.

They do an incredible job of listening to my ideas and determining how to make them a reality. Considering the knowledge they have, those conversations are streamlined and concise. I have never left a meeting unsure of what we accomplished. They have made me feel so comfortable in this unfamiliar space.

No. I am completely satisfied with their work.

Come to the table with ideas that they can groom into a workable concept, and trust them that they will deliver a quality product.

Mobile Prototype Design of Self Awareness Platform

“They've delivered above and beyond my expectations.”

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli designed a prototype for an app, including a logo and detailed roadmap of each stage of the process.

Rebecca Heiss
CEO, Rebecca Heiss, LLC

Designli's approach to app design is extremely thorough and organized, providing a strong sense of confidence and a clear roadmap of understanding. Flexible and responsive to requests, they even delivered ahead of schedule and made introductions to potential investors.

I'm the CEO of Rebecca Heiss, LLC and I'm in the process of developing a self-awareness app that allows users to receive more frequent feedback from employers, without the employer's expense of hiring a consultant.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I engaged Designli to put together a prototype of the app I wanted to build and, eventually, develop.

I initially sat down with Designli to go over my vision for the app and they conducted what they call a “solutions lab,” in which they were able to walk me through the design of each screen and go over the associated costs in advance. This roadmap allowed me to see how much I would be spending on each step and what I could expect for a timeline. Then, they designed a logo and the UX of the app, creating a working prototype that I could show potential investors.

I work directly with Keith (CEO, Designli) and Joshua (COO, Designli).

How did you come to work with Designli?

Initially, I hadn't considered any local companies, but I decided to reach out to them after one of my business advisers recommended them. When I reached out to Keith, he agreed to meet with me for coffee the next day and we started working together just a week later.

I've invested about $20,000 thus far.

We started working together in March 2018 and I plan to continue working with Designli on the full build of the app shortly.

I've been thoroughly impressed at every stage of their work. They've delivered above and beyond my expectations. They've even gone out of their way to make introductions for me, showing my app to potential investors.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive whenever I have a question or need to reach them, and flexible when it comes to working around my busy schedule. They're also receptive to my feedback and willing to make changes or rework designs when I have new ideas.

Their communication and timeliness are excellent. I recently spoke at a trade show and asked their team to speed up the delivering of the project, so I could start showing it to potential investors, and they were able to accommodate that.

To stay organized, they share the design phases of the app with me through InVision, and communicate mostly through Basecamp. They also send me a weekly update, so I know what they're working on.

Their “solutions lab” service was incredibly helpful and really sets them apart from other vendors. During that process, they walked me through any potential complications, asked questions that I hadn't considered from a design perspective, and laid out the costs associated with each step. It's difficult to find a vendor willing to break down the steps and pricing like that. That process gave me the confidence to progress with the project, knowing that we'd covered all the potential challenges we'd face before we got started or already invested a lot of money.

Overall Score I have no complaints. They've exceeded my very high expectations.
    They were very flexible around my hectic schedule and timely in delivery.
    They're not the cheapest, but they're transparent and offer a great value.
    They were very clear on their deliverables and created a high-quality prototype.
    I've already referred them to a few others, since I've been so impressed by their work.

Bronze