Transformative By Design.

Transformative By Design. Designli is a digital product studio in Greenville, South Carolina.

At Designli, our purpose is to empower digital relationships through mobility. By designing and developing custom apps and mobile web-apps, we act as a guide - leading our clients through the process of building complex digital products.

Why are we unique? Here's The Designli Advantage:

1. We've Been There. In just over four years we've founded our own start-up, built over 100 app projects for our clients, and created proprietary software to make our own business more efficient. So if you need help growing your new venture, or want to lift your existing business to new heights with the help of custom applications, we're the team for you (read our story @ https://designli.co/ourstory).
  2. Boldly Transparent. We know how easy it is for complex projects like custom applications to go over budget. We don't want that to happen to you. At Designli, we've crafted our development processes for maximum efficiency and transparency, helping you manage your costs and keeping you up to date on your project in case anything may affect the bottom line.
  3. A Model For Success.  We've crafted a modular approach to conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and - most importantly - iterating on custom software projects over time. Our process, which starts with our proprietary SolutionLab roadmapping session, helps us ensure the success of our clients time and time again. Don't leave the success of your digital product to chance. Our team accelerates your learning curve and guides you past the many potholes of building custom software.
  4. Attentiveness as a Priority. Learn more on our website @ https://designli.co

Greenville, SC
  • 101 N Main St, Suite #314
    Greenville, SC 29601

ClubUp: Uber for Golf Caddies

Very excited about the launch of our client's app, ClubUp - an "Uber for Golf Caddies" now available in the Charlotte market. Also a beautiful example of a clean and dark-themed UI design that we brought through design, prototyping, development, and public beta lunch.

Vet-Tab: Easy Diabetes Testing for Pets

Meet Vet-Tab, a client of Designli (http://designli.co) who is building an innovative solution for testing your pet's blood glucose level. Simply use saliva on a tab that changes color; scan that tab with the Vet-Tab app on your phone and see the mg/dL reading in real time. A beautiful example of a clean and light-themed UI design by our team.

GoodTwice: eCommerce by Goodwill

Meet GoodTwice: an online thrift store selling gently-used women's clothes. Brought to you by Goodwill Industries of Upstate / Midlands SC.

Our team at Designli (https://designli.co) completed the design and development of native iPhone and Android applications that tapped into the existing Magento E-commerce website.

Shop today - and download the mobile applications - at https://goodtwice.com

SrvdUp iPhone App

Meet SrvdUp: the social networking app for the hospitality industry. Keep up to date with industry trends, peer posts and beneficial reads within specific hospitality segments: Food & Beverage, Lodging, Recreation & Events, and Travel and Tourism.

Social networking app design and development by the Designli team at https://designli.co

Sports Platform App / Web-App

A recent Graphic Design & Prototyping project conducted by the Designli team: and an example of the 'user profile' page across both desktop and mobile resolutions, with an emphasis on clean multicolor gradients.

Learn more about our Design process by visiting our website at https://designli.co

Genchi

Looking for daily, real-time status reports for your projects - based on team sentiment? You'll love Genchi - a valued Designli client building a transformative "Waze for Project Management" tool. Read the story @ https://blog.genchi.com/2018/10/24/genchi-visualize-projects-in-real-tim... sign up for the waiting list at https://genchi.com/

Surcee

Surcee is a social giving platform designed & developed by the team at Designli (https://designli.co).

A surcee ["sir'-see"] is a beautiful southern tradition - a gift that says "I'm thinking of you," "I love you," or "This reminded me of you. Coming soon, in time for the Holidays, is your stress-free path to the perfect surcee. Learn more and sign up for the waiting list at https://surcee.com/

Web Dev for Project Status & Reporting Tool

“I’m delighted with the results I’ve seen so far.”

May 2018 - Ongoing

After a brief road-mapping session, Designli created a logo, a webpage, screens, and user roles for a project status app. They’re currently building out the system with Node.js, JavaScript, and Elasticsearch.

Rowland Savage
Founder, Genchi Inc

Designli’s insight improved the application, producing a unique design with a simple and accessible user journey. The team’s structured workflow and responsive communication set the foundation for a smooth collaboration. Overall, they’re a knowledgeable, skilled and reliable partner.

I’m the founder of a startup called Genchi Inc. We offer a project status and reporting tool.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

Initially, I brought in Designli to help me finalize the concept for my project and design the application’s user flow. I ended up extending the engagement to include development.

We started with a road-mapping session to flush out my idea. After our discussions, Designli produced a document that outlined the application’s purpose and how it would work. We used that to inform screen designs, user roles, and interaction flows. Then, they fully created the product, including a logo, the webpage, and about different 70 screens.

At this point, I planned on taking their work to a different development team, so Designli assembled the plan in an accessible format. Soon after, I decided to expand my engagement with their team instead. They’re currently working on the build. The Designli team is using a combination for Node.js, JavaScript, and Elasticsearch technologies in the system.

It’s a web-based platform, and I plan to add a mobile component soon. The application visualizes project status in real time through responses from each team member. Users quickly indicate their perspective on how the team is doing, then the system combines each teammates’ answers and provides a color visual that reflects the overall sentiment. If the consensus is positive, the screen will be green. If it’s negative, it’ll be red. The answers are measured on a spectrum, so most of the time the color will be somewhere in between.

It’s a straightforward solution with an engaging and easy user flow. We offer teams a quick way to capture information and share it with external stakeholders and investors. Designli also helped us link the application with Slack to further facilitate instant status sharing. As they continue to develop the solution, they’re helping us strategize for the future. We’re looking into the different ways in which organizations could adopt this tool into their operations.

Josh (COO, Designli) is our project manager. Andrei (Development Lead, Designli) heads a team of developers that rotate based on our current needs. We generally have two resources at any given time.

How did you come to work with Designli?

We found them through a Google search. I liked the look and feel of their website, so I reached out. I was also considering several other vendors, but I noticed that Designli offered a package deal for an initial interaction. I agreed to the meeting, and they helped me conceptualize my idea. That positive experience led me to choose them for the official project.

We started working together in May 2018, and the project is ongoing.

I have a background in software, so I thought my idea was pretty reliable. After speaking with Designli, I realized there were several things I hadn’t considered. Their new perspective and valuable insight helped me fill in some of the gaps in my original idea. In terms of design, they provided a prototype that I used to explain the application to our stakeholders and investors. I received unanimously positive reactions.

Now in the development process, the team is still on track to complete the project within our budget and by the deadline. Designli’s follow through is great. They’ve basically taken on the role of a technical co-founder of my app. I invested a lot of money in this, so I’m very happy with the results. The final product will have a unique look and feel, much better than my original vision. I’m delighted with the results I’ve seen so far.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

We routinely track our progress using Basecamp. For additional communication, we use Slack, email, and phone calls as necessary. On a weekly basis, I receive a status report and have a call with their development team.

The Designli team is reliable. I’m confident in their ability to deliver what they promise, and that is a fundamental characteristic of any successful partnership.

No, they’ve don’t a great job. There are no obvious shortcomings.

Clients should trust Designli’s process. They’re a young company, but they really know what they’re doing. They ask key questions and produce top-notch results.

So far, they’ve delivered everything on time.
    They’re not the cheapest option, but the value is worth the investment.
    They’ve exceeded my expectations.

Custom Dev for Trucking & Logistics Software Platform

"The design of the platform is aesthetically pleasing and simple to use. It provides value to our users."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli is developing and designing a mobile-responsive web platform. Key features include a searchable database and custom algorithms of trucking industry data.

Kevin Nadeau
Founder, True Load Time, Inc.

Still in development, the platform has received positive feedback from key stakeholders. Designli keeps the project moving, providing critical status updates throughout the engagement. This, along with their personal approach to the work, contributes to the imminent expansion of their role.

I'm the founder and CEO of TLT Incorporated. We’re developing a transportation-related software platform for the trucking and logistics industries.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I saw a problem that we could solve, but I'm not a software developer or a web designer. I needed help developing the software and building the product that I envisioned.

Designli is developing a mobile responsive website. We initially met for several hours to map out what everything would look like. They helped me figure out what slides would need to be created and what the screens would look like. As the process continued, they would do a bit of development and then send it to me for my feedback. They let me know when something I wanted to do was particularly challenging or costly. They make suggestions for ways to reduce the cost and keep the functionality. It was a lot of back and forth and walking through the solution step by step.

We're still in development but it's going to be a searchable database. They’re taking a massive amount of information from the trucking sector and compiling it into one searchable database to solve a particular pain point. Designli is creating the algorithms and the calculations behind all the data. The website will spit the data out in a user-friendly format that members of the industry will pay for.

Designli also designed our logo. I was already incorporated and had my name ready to go, so we discussed what a logo might look like. They sent me different options and I told them which ones I did or didn’t like. I ultimately selected a final logo design.

I regularly speak with both partners. I also interact directly with several of their developers.

How did you come to work with Designli?

I found them via a Google search. I was looking for a firm here in Greenville, SC. I found six local firms and asked each one for more information about what they do. Only three firms returned my call. I had a face-to-face interview with all three to see what they could provide and getting to know them personally. I was looking for a personal interaction, and that's why I chose Designli.

I've sent about $30,000 so far.

We started working together in April 2018 and the engagement is ongoing. We have plans to develop a mobile application next year.

We're still in development but I’m very satisfied so far. Their work is fantastic. The design of the platform is aesthetically pleasing and simple to use. It provides value to our users.

Their communication is fantastic. Especially as a non-tech person, it's truly helpful for them to break it down so I can understand what they're doing and where my money is being spent. It's been a really collaborative process. They will call, email, or text when they have questions about a particular feature and how it should operate. We speak once or twice a week all throughout the process.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

Their process is broken up into particular milestones. My project is about five milestones. They send me an estimate to let me know what they're doing in each milestone and what it will cost. Each week they provide updates on where they're at in terms of the schedule. They also send out a weekly communication asking for a score on how they did as an internal report card.

I’m extremely happy that it feels personal and is more than just ones and zeros. It's a smaller firm, which I like because I can drop by their office and sit down with the partners. If I think up a new feature or modification, I can drop by their office the very next day and talk it through and get their input. They quickly let me know what it would mean to the development from a cost and a timing standpoint. They understand my company and what I'm trying to do.

I'm a startup so any cost savings would be fantastic, however, that's not a complaint. I'm happy with what they're doing, and I'll continue using them now and in the future.

Do your homework. Make sure that whatever company you choose to develop your software platform is experienced in that area. Then get to know the team. As a smaller company, Designli may not be able to push the product as quickly as a larger firm. However, I like working with fellow entrepreneurs. For me, they’re a good fit.

Overall Score I'm very happy with the decision to work with them.
    They meet or beat the deadlines.
    It’s expensive but they're in line with other firms.
    I’m very happy with their products and services.
    I’m extremely likely to recommend them.

App Dev for On-Demand Fitness Service

"They do an incredible job of listening to my ideas and determining how to make them a reality."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli designed and developed an iOS app to provide on-demand services. In addition to building wireframes and managing the technology, they assisted with branding efforts, such as logo design and naming.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
Founder, On-Demand Fitness App

The app is still in the design stage, but Designli’s work to this point has been thorough and well-structured. The team is attentive and professional, making communication hassle-free and productive. Their knowledge of the space is clearly demonstrated, proving their worth as a development partner.

I am the founder of a mobile app designed for the fitness industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I had an idea for a fitness app and needed a company to build it for me.

I presented Designli with the concept for my app, and they researched to determine if any comparable or competitive app concepts already existed or were in development. I have no background in technology, so I rely on Designli for all wireframes and aspects of the design and development. They have been helpful in branding efforts as well, including designing a logo and helping me decide on a name.

The app is built only for iOS and allows users to request on-demand fitness training services with a professional in their area.

I primarily work with their COO and a partner, but they also have a design team.

How did you come to work with Designli?

A copywriter from an ad agency in town referred them to me.

To this point, I’ve spent around $22,000.

Our engagement began in March 2018 and is ongoing. We’re still in the design phase.

I’ve been very impressed with their progress. Creating a brand identity has always been a challenge for me as a business owner, so I am thankful for their involvement in that regard in addition to their technical skills.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s evident they have worked very hard on their business process, and it’s impressive. They send follow-up emails after every meeting or phone conversation to summarize what we’ve decided and what the next steps are.

They do an incredible job of listening to my ideas and determining how to make them a reality. Considering the knowledge they have, those conversations are streamlined and concise. I have never left a meeting unsure of what we accomplished. They have made me feel so comfortable in this unfamiliar space.

No. I am completely satisfied with their work.

Come to the table with ideas that they can groom into a workable concept, and trust them that they will deliver a quality product.

Mobile Prototype Design of Self Awareness Platform

“They've delivered above and beyond my expectations.”

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Designli designed a prototype for an app, including a logo and detailed roadmap of each stage of the process.

Rebecca Heiss
CEO, Rebecca Heiss, LLC

Designli's approach to app design is extremely thorough and organized, providing a strong sense of confidence and a clear roadmap of understanding. Flexible and responsive to requests, they even delivered ahead of schedule and made introductions to potential investors.

I'm the CEO of Rebecca Heiss, LLC and I'm in the process of developing a self-awareness app that allows users to receive more frequent feedback from employers, without the employer's expense of hiring a consultant.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I engaged Designli to put together a prototype of the app I wanted to build and, eventually, develop.

I initially sat down with Designli to go over my vision for the app and they conducted what they call a “solutions lab,” in which they were able to walk me through the design of each screen and go over the associated costs in advance. This roadmap allowed me to see how much I would be spending on each step and what I could expect for a timeline. Then, they designed a logo and the UX of the app, creating a working prototype that I could show potential investors.

I work directly with Keith (CEO, Designli) and Joshua (COO, Designli).

How did you come to work with Designli?

Initially, I hadn't considered any local companies, but I decided to reach out to them after one of my business advisers recommended them. When I reached out to Keith, he agreed to meet with me for coffee the next day and we started working together just a week later.

I've invested about $20,000 thus far.

We started working together in March 2018 and I plan to continue working with Designli on the full build of the app shortly.

I've been thoroughly impressed at every stage of their work. They've delivered above and beyond my expectations. They've even gone out of their way to make introductions for me, showing my app to potential investors.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive whenever I have a question or need to reach them, and flexible when it comes to working around my busy schedule. They're also receptive to my feedback and willing to make changes or rework designs when I have new ideas.

Their communication and timeliness are excellent. I recently spoke at a trade show and asked their team to speed up the delivering of the project, so I could start showing it to potential investors, and they were able to accommodate that.

To stay organized, they share the design phases of the app with me through InVision, and communicate mostly through Basecamp. They also send me a weekly update, so I know what they're working on.

Their “solutions lab” service was incredibly helpful and really sets them apart from other vendors. During that process, they walked me through any potential complications, asked questions that I hadn't considered from a design perspective, and laid out the costs associated with each step. It's difficult to find a vendor willing to break down the steps and pricing like that. That process gave me the confidence to progress with the project, knowing that we'd covered all the potential challenges we'd face before we got started or already invested a lot of money.

Overall Score I have no complaints. They've exceeded my very high expectations.
    They were very flexible around my hectic schedule and timely in delivery.
    They're not the cheapest, but they're transparent and offer a great value.
    They were very clear on their deliverables and created a high-quality prototype.
    I've already referred them to a few others, since I've been so impressed by their work.

Web Dev of Social Giving Platform

"You’re getting a lot of experience and knowledge from people who have been there before and know how to do it."

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Designli is building a web-application and plans to introduce Android and iOS apps as well. They’ve collaborated to generate a company logo, a homepage with a mailing list, and the site’s visuals.

Allan Symonette
CEO, Surcee

Though the site is not yet live, Designli has been integral to the business and idea development process. Their focus on financial and feasibility issues allows them to manage client expectations, and their constant communications and updates help foster a transparent relationship.

I’m the CEO and founder of surcee.com. We’re a giving and sharing platform that provides a way for individuals to create profiles that have things they like, care about, might want as presents, and charities they support. It will give some really good information about who they are so others can access it and get a perfect gift or share money with their charities.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

I had absolutely no idea what the first step would be. I’m in medical devise sales, I’ve always worked for a company, and this was just an idea I had that I thought could work. I didn’t know if every one of my ideas was doable or scalable, so I needed someone who could go through the web and app development process logically and help me prove the concept along the way.

They’ve been involved since day one, and I’ve never done anything that didn’t involve them. We’re probably two months away from having a web-based application ready, but we have a home page right now that gives information about what we will be and lets people sign up for the mailing list and updates. We also have plans to build an Android and iPhone app, but I need to raise more money for that.

This was a big-time shared vision. I had some potential logos and colors, and they gave me options for everything. If I gave them a logo, they brought me back five that were similar but looked better. If I had five smaller ideas within the big idea, there would be three that would be no problem, one that we could do another way and get what we wanted, and a fifth that, maybe, we had to save for down the road. Everything was collaborative, from colors to actual verbiage that’s on the site and functionality.

They’ve helped me with some of the marketing aspects of it, whether it be a Facebook page or the waiting list, but they’ve always said that marketing isn’t in their scope of work. Their focus is on building the site, and maintaining it once it is built, but they’ll give me advice since they’ve done it before and know how to avoid certain problems.

My two contacts are Josh, the technical contact, and Keith, who’s more on the business side. I’ve only talked to them, but there’s a team of four or five people that are building the site at one time or another.

How did you come to work with Designli?

It was a referral from another company. The other people I talked to wanted me to go for a build that I hadn’t even seen blueprints for. They said they could build anything I wanted if I had the right amount of money, but that’s not what I was looking for. I didn’t want to give out a big chunk of money and then find out that my idea wasn’t what I thought it could or should be. Ironically, one of the companies I didn’t work with told me that there was another company in town that used a process similar to what I wanted.

I’ve spent $120,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since December 2017.

I wouldn’t be where I am with this today if it weren’t for them. We're not up and running yet—probably within the next two months or so—but Designli has been instrumental in building the platform for me.

There’ve been many instances where, even though there were barriers in the way, they were able to make an idea in my head happen. It isn’t exactly how I conceived it, but that wasn’t because of an inability of theirs; I just don’t want to be an e-commerce site or handle money yet.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

I get a report every Friday saying what they’ve done this week, what they’re looking at for next week, and where they are with my spend. It’s very easy to keep up with that they’re accomplishing because they’re so transparent with everything. I don’t have to call them and ask them what they got done because they’re always sending it to me.

Josh and Keith, the team I work with, are brilliant at what they do. They’re a good team because they each have different roles and do them well together. You’re getting a lot of experience and knowledge from people who have been there before and know how to do it. That’s where Designli is head and shoulders above the rest. With them, one plus one equals three.

They meet the deadline or are early 98% of the time.
    I’ve never been disappointed.

Native iOS App Dev for Utility Service Provider

"Our technicians love the app. It’s very clean, and everything works smoothly."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Building on a past vendor’s work, Designli helped redesign and develop a native smartphone app that incorporates offline data collection.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Robert Black
Director of Delivery Services, NexGen

The app has been well-received, leading to more work for Designli. Their expert team inspires confidence throughout the project by communicating clearly from the start. They offer useful tactical advice—and bring creative ideas of their own to the table—at a reasonable value.

I’m the director of delivery services at NexGen Utility Solutions, a utility service provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

We needed a mobile application for data collection in the field. We had the app built by another company two years ago, but that company folded. We needed to find a company to redesign and build a new version of the app.

We provided them with the workflow of what we wanted in the app. We also gave them the various pages in the application, as well as which fields needed to be mapped to our database. They gave us feedback on areas where they saw potential for improvement. Then they designed and built a native iOS app. Designli did some QA testing on their end. Our team led the final testing for acceptance, using real life scenarios.

As part of their fieldwork, our technicians collect data from different sites using an iPhone. The app collects GPS coordinates and barcodes on installed devices. The most important feature is its ability to work offline. The app collects the data when our technicians are in bad cellular areas, and then transfers the data once they’re back on the network.

There’s an overall project manager, as well as a project manager for the programming side. Two or three programmers work on our projects.

How did you come to work with Designli?

Because our team uses Apple iPhones as handheld devices in the field, we knew we wanted to build a native iOS app. We also wanted to find a local company so we had the option to meet in person.

I searched on the Apple site for developers and came across Designli. They’re based in Greenville, South Carolina, and I work out of Charlotte, North Carolina. They’d built a lot of native iOS apps, which we liked. I gave them a call, and we hit it off right from the beginning.

I don't know the exact number, but I’d estimate we’ve spent in excess of $50,000.

We started working together in April 2018. They’ve completed two projects. We're currently working on a third, and getting ready to kick off a fourth.

The quality of their work is excellent. One goal of the app is to reduce the amount of time our technicians spend in the field, but I don’t have exact metrics yet. However, big wins for us are that it collects data in an efficient manner and we don't lose any data when the phone is offline. Our technicians love the app. It’s very clean, and everything works smoothly.

They've done everything that we've asked for. We give them a scope of work and they deliver on it. They work with us if we have fixes or enhancements that need to be made.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

The team is great. They send a report every Friday that gives us an update on their progress. It shows where they're at for each individual product, the number of hours spent, and the number of hours left on the estimate. They're always available for a call, and are very good about communicating. In particular, they give good feedback on ways to improve the projects.

Ease of doing business is very important to our company. We want that “warm, fuzzy feeling” with our partners. We got that feeling with Designli right from the beginning. We felt that we can trust their work and talk to them. We just hit it off in every way.

Overall Score Our experience has been very good.
    They’ve met or beat the deadline on each project.
    We're always looking for a less expensive solution.
    They've met every expectation.
    I would highly recommend them.

Native Mobile App Dev for Clothing Donation Platform

"The project was finished early, on budget, and exactly like we wanted it."

July 2017 - Ongoing

Designli initially developed a dynamic, flexible iOS and Android app with a variety of responsive components. They currently manage the company's Magento backend and AWS servers and databases.

Nathan Bland
E-Commerce Manager, GoodTwice

Since the app and website overhaul, page loading times have decreased by more than 18 seconds and sales have climbed by 300%. Visitors report that both platforms are more user-friendly. Designli keeps detailed records, follows up on every request, and works efficiently with other vendors.

I am the e-commerce manager of GoodTwice, a company based in South Carolina. We select high-end brand items from clothing donations and sell them online at fixed prices.

What challenge were you trying to address with Designli?

We wanted to build a responsive, intuitive e-commerce app. In addition, our previous developers had set up our Magento platform improperly, leading to slow speeds and database issues.

Designli was originally contracted to develop our native iOS and Android apps. After they began work, they noticed a lot of other issues with our current database setup and web servers. We let them take over the whole infrastructure.

We gave them a list of apps that provided shopping experiences similar to the one we wanted. Designli methodically broke those down into parts, providing time and cost estimates for each one. This made it easy for us to select and reject components based on our budget. These included front-page sliders for our latest products divided into subcategories. We also discussed the placement of our checkout button. It needed to pop up after an item had been added to remind people that they needed to complete their purchase.

One of the challenging items was our store credit, which we provide as an alternative to refunds. Designli built a page where customers can see their store credit balance and the products associated with it.

We needed to make our app and web page more dynamic. Specifically, we wanted to upgrade from a static banner to a dynamic one that we could update ourselves. They built a tool that enabled us to upload banners, rotate them at set intervals, and create different animated transitions. We can immediately change our banners to match any upcoming sales.

They manage our Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers, domains, and database for our production and testing environments. They also manage our mobile platform and anything related to the Magento backend.

They’ve also designed our frontend and made proactive improvements. Designli constantly looks for areas that can be improved.

They have offered digital marketing and branding services, but we had an existing agency for those. Their team has worked with our marketing provider.

We worked directly with Keith [CEO, Designli] and Joshua [COO, Designli], along with their main developer, who was our contact for any technical issues.

How did you come to work with Designli?

We searched the Greenville, South Carolina area for mobile app developers, and Designli was one of the top online results. We contacted three companies and viewed their presentations. Designli was our preferred choice.

The cost of their work has been $150,000.

We first met with Designli in July 2017, and they took over the project several months later. We have an ongoing maintenance and improvements agreement with a set number of hours each month. We’re planning to build another large feature within a year.

After only a few weeks of work on our database and web servers, Designli sped up our site tremendously. Page load times went down from 20 seconds to less than two, which was essential for retaining customers.

Our sales have also gone up since we started working with them. Since we had been plagued with numerous site issues and other factors, we only had $3,000 in sales for the period between June and September. After Designli took over, our sales went up by 300%.

Everyone has told us that the new version of the site is completely different than the old one and that the user experience has improved.

How did Designli perform from a project management standpoint?

They beat the deadlines set for the mobile development. The project was finished early, on budget, and exactly like we wanted it. When we went to them with a request, they executed as per our vision.

The other developer we used didn’t try to write down our discussion points, so many of them were forgotten. We constantly had to remind them of things that fell out of the scope. Designli follows up with a detailed email after every meeting or random call, detailing everything we discussed and everything they committed to. Each objective is listed as a bullet point, from the very complex to the most trivial items. This shows that they care about every detail and never forget our requirements. We track most of our tasks in Basecamp. It may be because our previous developer was so bad, but Designli has exceeded all our expectations.

I’ve been impressed with their thoroughness and efficiency. Designli follows up each one of our conversations with an email outlining all the tackled topics.

Our marketing provider has also praised their team. It was previously tedious for them to change anything on the design end, so Designli setup an efficient pipeline for those tasks.

Any company looking for a developer should involve all the right people from the outset. Involving only a single department means seeing only their side of things, which can result in doing things on the cheap.

In turn, that can lead to paying more than you would have if all the right people had been involved from the start. It’s important to identify every single department that should be a part of the process and make an informed decision about your provider.

It’s easy to only look at the cost, but plenty of ambitious and inexperienced developers will get in over their heads. We will end up paying for them to have a learning experience, rather than paying them to develop a product.