Crafting Brands with Design Discipline

Building mega-brands through design oriented solutions, we’re a creative agency that keeps concept and strategy in mind. We’re a team of creative individuals working to bring ideas to life with imaginative illustrations to shake the digital world. Our highly trained professionals provide complete digital marketing solutions to solve complex problems.

San Francisco, CA
    Liberty House, 222 Regent Street
    London W1B 5TR
    +44.800.0418105

Web Design for Independent Life Insurance Broker

"I’ve made a few change requests and they’ve accommodated them without a problem."

Nov. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Design Proficient helped with creating a website to serve as a portfolio of sorts and showcase available services.

Toronto, Canada
Independent Life Insurance Broker

The delivered website is the perfect instrument for showing potential clients what they’ll receive. There’s improvement to be done on their responsiveness over the phone. Regardless of that, project management ran smoothly and their price was affordable.

I’m an independent life insurance broker.

For what projects/services did your company hire Design Proficient?

I needed to design a website to present the work I do, the products and companies I work with, and how I guarantee customer satisfaction.

I searched online and contacted several companies, reviewing samples of their work.

I discussed my requirements and vision to the project manager and received a web design option to evaluate and make comments on. We had regular back-and-forth as the site was being developed.

I was assigned a project manager, who would relay my input to the technical team.

Presently, the website serves as a form of reference for potential clients who I’ve already met with or contacted. I’m not expecting it to generate traffic but rather create a professional platform for anyone to view my background.

I had a good relationship with the project manager, who kept the work moving forward. We mostly communicated by phone or email.

Some frustrations did arise when trying to get changes done quickly, but I understand that the workflow includes several people and each has to play their part.

I was given an affordable cost structure and they delivered a very nice website. Since its completion, I’ve made a few change requests and they’ve accommodated them without a problem.

There were times when I didn’t like the designs and had to project my views again. Also, getting hold of someone or getting a call back is a problem. Once you’re put through to an extension, the phone rings forever without it being answered.

Overall Score There’s always room for improvement.
    They could be faster.
    I got a fair deal.
    I got what I wanted without too much of a hassle.

Web Development for High-End Retail Website

"The site launch should’ve been an exciting milestone, but it became an embarrassment."

0.5

Design Proficient worked on a custom WordPress website.

Ireland
Owner, Retail Website

They delivered a demo site that wasn’t operational or functional. Without providing a formal contract, Design Proficient delivered incomplete results while upselling unnecessary services. They exceeded the original timeline and didn’t comply with their money back guarantee.

I own a high-end retail business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Design Proficient?

My company needed a website.

Design Proficient created a demo template during development for a custom WordPress site. Throughout the process, I reviewed their work and requested various changes. We used an account via Domain.com, a domain registration vendor.

I had one primary point of contact, but interacted with two people in total.

How did you come to work with Design Proficient?

I researched vendors that provided outright site ownership to clients. Their site featured a reasonable price range between $599–$799.

I spent $4,000.

What problems arose during the engagement?

The team didn’t execute changes and delivered opposite results. They tried to upsell their SEO services in an aggressive manner. I declined because the development issues made me distrust their reliability. After several incorrect or unfulfilled requests, I asked them to deliver the website; I had planned to complete the additional changes myself.

Although the site should have been ready for launch, Design Proficient claimed they couldn’t upload it without my domain registration password. I spoke with Domain.com; a representative said I should never give out my password. The representative then recommended creating a file transfer protocol (FTP) to give Design Proficient qualified access. Their team insisted they needed my password. After I refused, they emailed the website in a file that couldn’t download. Ultimately, I relented and supplied my password, but never received the accompanying materials and tutorial they promised with the upload. Design Proficient ignored my queries for several days. Domain.com said the vendor never uploaded a custom site, only a generic WordPress template. I argued with Design Proficient to obtain the actual site. However, they only uploaded the demo site, which had their name on it for self-promotion; they also put their name in my HTML. In addition, the links led either to other demos or error messages. At this point, Design Proficient ceased communication. I received only one email notifying me the website was fully-operational.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

I spent 10 years building this company. The site launch should’ve been an exciting milestone, but it became an embarrassment. They were degrading and verbally abusive. No matter how much I researched, they kept saying I didn’t know what I was talking about.

Now, I’m fighting with my bank to get my money back. I believe Design Proficient has other related brands that have encountered legal action against them. I also looking into similar options.

How was project management handled?

We didn’t have a formal scope or contract because the individualized order didn’t fit their standard online fields. Their prices seemed to increase during development; they tried to make me spend an additional $3,500 on sulfurous features.

I later researched the company and their possible related brands. Numerous bad reviews made me question the legitimacy of the positive ones. Several testimonials detailed similar experiences to mine.

In what specific areas can they improve?

They have a 100% money back guarantee. However, they sent an aggressive email when I requested the return. They should follow through on this policy.

0.5
    The engagement should’ve been 21–45 days long, or an extra $500 for early delivery. It’s now two months late and I only have dummy files.
    It was a horrible experience.
    I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Web & Logo Design for Hair Product E-commerce Website

"They provided excellent, fast (48-hour turn around on the first iteration) and friendly service!"

Mar. - June 2018

Design Proficient provided web and logo design services for promoting e-commerce brands.

Dallas, Texas
Co-Founder, Hair Product E-Commerce Co.

The designs, which have yet to launch on the site, have received positive reviews and are expected to generate revenue. Project management was friendly, smooth and practically void of errors.

My company is an online e-commerce store that sells hair products, wigs, and 100% virgin hair.

For what projects/services did your company hire Design Proficient?

I hired Design Proficient to provide web and logo design services.

We wanted to use high quality design to add a professional tone to our marketing strategy and, subsequently, increase product sales.

I saw their reviews and heard about their satisfactory reputation. I thought their prices were a bit overpriced for their quality but was hooked with their initial design.

I was assigned a project manager who worked with me closely till they end. There was also a developer on the project.

We have yet to launch the site; however, I now have a beautiful website that I expect with generate revenue in the upcoming days.

Most of our workflow was smooth, easy, and had little to no error.

They provided excellent, fast (48-hour turn around) and friendly service!

They could improve their communication.

Web Dev & Design for Retirement Home

"I believe it was as good as it could get."

1.5

Design Proficient was hired to develop a website for a retirement home, as well as create content, provide maintenance, and stationery design.

Coppell, Texas
Savoya Walker
Manager, Serenity Phase Assisted Living

Design Proficient should do more industry research in order to create proper content. They fell short on this aspect, however, the logo design part went very well. All in all, they got the job done and the quality was acceptable.

I'm the CEO of a company that specializes in the housing and care of mature adults who can no longer live alone. We assist them with their day-to-day living needs and help them maintain their health status by administering medication and taking them to their doctor’s appointments. We offer activities and additional amenities to make their stay at Serenity Phase memorable.

For what reason(s) did your company hire Design Proficient?

We hired Design Proficient to assist with our website development and maintenance. We knew what we wanted to do but did not know where to begin, so we needed help.

Our goal was to convey the message of what we bring to the table before residents come into our home. We want costumers to understand our core values and know our everyday prayer.

I selected the vendor through a Google search.

They created a website and stationery for the business.

We were assigned a project manager but he was soon replaced by another one due to an unplanned incident. I believe that there was a main person watching over the overall project, but I only remember talking to him once. There were some additional conversations but I solely worked with the project manager.

I wish that the team was a little more knowledgeable about content creation. I feel like I paid them to do the content, however, I ended up doing 95% percent of it. So in my eyes, that job truly wasn't fulfilled. However, all is well.

I believe it was as good as it could get.

The logo design for my company was the most impressive aspect.

I believe their listening skills aren’t as good. Doing some research about the industry so that you can put together successful content would be a huge improvement.

Overall Score Overall, it’s okay. They still got the job done.
    Some of the pricing was excessive and I ended up creating some of the content myself.
    I believe the quality turned out okay.
    I would only refer them to individuals that don't need any help on content.