Partnering With Clients To Build Their Websites

Bronze

Think Of Us As Your Partner, Not Just Your Agency

Designing a website requires a partnership between us and our clients. It is the only way to have a real impact. And it is the only way to deliver a digital product that is successful and lasts.

We are always trying to better understand our clients' needs. The better we are able to deliver work that connects business objectives with real needs.

Find out more about our unique Design In DC process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RlUdfpVX9Y

What Do We Deliver?

• Human-centered design and technical quality assurance at the heart of our process allowing us to deliver truly valuable work.
  • A flexible, highly skilled and diverse team to work side-by-side with our clients on a daily basis.
  • Close collaboration that develops empathy and a real understanding around a client’s business challenges.

Our Services

• Website Development
  • Website Design
  • UI / UX Design
  • Web App Development
  • WordPress Website Design & Development

How Do We Deliver?

• Your team is made up of handpicked experts from our studio, tailored to the project’s needs. If your requirements change, the team changes.
  • By understanding your needs and reducing the risk associated with a project and challenge assumptions.
  • You're treated as members of the team, making decisions with us on a daily basis through every step of the process.
  • Through a culture of innovation through design, technology and process.
  • Our design and development teams will make sure deadlines are met thanks to our project management expertise

Washington, DC
  • 1101 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 450 #94
    Washington, DC 20036

Easy Grade, Wingo's, Foty Fusion, Berkeley Dental, DC Camera, Downtown Dentist

Learn more about the unique Design In DC process through client testimonials and company leadership.

Web Design for Berkeley Dental  Image

Web Design for Berkeley Dental

Berkeley Dental came to Design in DC looking for a new website that worked on mobile and desktop. Design in DC delivered with a highly responsive, engaging website design that led to increased engagement.

Web Design for DC Camera  Image

Web Design for DC Camera

DC Camera wanted to highlight their services and products in a clean, streamlined website. Design in DC designed a site that followed contemporary design principles for a thoroughly modern, successful site.

Website for Amr El-Bayoumi Image

Website for Amr El-Bayoumi

Amr El-Bayoumi needed a website as distinct as his acting and voice roles. Design in DC provided a clean, professional, and flattering site that acted as a perfect portfolio for his work.

Wingo's Image

IT Concepts, Inc.

Franchise Cannabis Image

Franchise Cannabis

Website Design for Employment Company

"Project management was great."

Feb. - June 2020

Design In DC supplied website design services. Their team was tasked with modernizing the website and updating the hosting. Their team redesigned the site to make it more navigable.

Employee, Employment Company

Design In DC successfully launched the website. Their team improved the site's design and implemented many new tools. The project management was effective; communication was constant throughout the project. The professionalism and expertise were great.

We are an international employment company which offers solutions to clients who desire to work globally.

For what projects/services did your company hire Design In DC?

Hired Design In DC to develop a new modern website for Stipenda.

We wanted to use this website as the basis to our new marketing plan. We desired a website which was inviting, easy to navigate for all parties and contained all relevant detail without it appearing too overwhelming,

We found Design In DC after posting on the upwork portal.

I liaised in great depth initially with Rob who was extremely helpful. He took on board all my aspirations for the new website, and inputted with his expertise. We agreed on the ideal outlook to the new website, a fresh modern look for Stipenda. Throughout the process, we were kept up to date with progress and this was passed onto Isabelle who was very knowledgeable and helpful also. They worked on their own initiative a lot, and have worked very hard to meet all of the visions that I had for the website- all the while giving their expertise. After the launch of the website, they offered us support on other aspects; i.e hosting, marketing which was another plus.

We mainly dealt with two people, Rob and Isabelle who were great, and constant throughout. Isabelle took over on the tech side when the actual development had started. She was the person we would communicate with mainly on the ongoing situation. She was always available to provide an update.

We have only just launched the website last week. So the impact isn't noticeable yet. But in addition to providing Stipenda with this website, they have implemented a number of integration tools which will make our working life a lot easier.

Project management was great. Control was taken, and I was kept in the loop the whole time. When we did re-connect for meeting, the Google meet was a great way to touch base and see development.

Nothing was an issue. Their professionalism was great, and Design In DC were a pleasure to work with. Thank you Rob and Isabelle.

Only one minimal area, and that was the transfer of information from colleagues. I felt I may have repeated myself a couple of times. But besides that, no issues at all.

Branding & Mobile App Logo Design for Tech Company

"They understood and took action on my ideas and feedback."

Feb. - May 2020

Design In DC provided branding services to support the launch of mobile apps in the App Store and Google Play for a tech company. They conducted research to develop the logos, which were designed iteratively.

Arizona
Caleb Skinner
Managing Partner, Tech Company

Generating positive feedback, Design In DC delivered several modern and distinct logos that successfully represented the products’ vision. Despite external circumstances, they produced impressive deliverables on time. They provided tools that fostered transparent and effective collaboration.

I’m a managing partner of a tech company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Design In DC?

We needed an external team to design logos and help with our branding.

I provided Design In DC with direction, so it was collaborative. Their team gathered information and then presented a series of brands and logos that I reviewed. We looked at logos together and I picked the products that I liked. We repeated this cycle until I narrowed the logos down to five.

They produced the final icons as .png files, which they sent as a zip file. Their team sized the files per the requirements of different stores such as the App Store and Google Play.

I worked primarily with two people from Design In DC.

How did you come to work with Design In DC?

I submitted a proposal to a job board and received 20–25 responses. I liked that Design In DC was established. I believed that their team would be around in the future to provide consistency, which was important to me. When we looked at their website, they had a great brand presence. Their team touched on the area I needed, namely icon logos and branding. When I spoke with them, they provided the highest degree of satisfaction.

We spent roughly $10,000 on their services.

We worked together between February– May 2020.

We recently finished the project. I’m about to publish the apps in the App Store and Google Play. I didn’t expect to like more than 1–2 of their designs, but I liked 4 of them.

I showed the logos to friends and associates. The feedback was positive and different people liked different options.

Their team produced a spectacular product. The brand reflected my goals without overwhelming them. I wanted a clean and functional design; a minimalistic approach that communicated its uniqueness without being distracting. I couldn’t be happier with the results.

How did Design In DC perform from a project management standpoint?

Despite COVID-19, they delivered on time. We used a tool to schedule meetings, which made the process easy. We communicated via Google Voice, which we used to share screens. I used the platform to show their team designs I liked and wanted them to translate into the brand. Design In DC did wonderfully.

The collaboration was great. They understood and took action on my ideas and feedback. They also understood the difference between images. For example, the different requirements for images on a t-shirt versus on a much larger scale.

No, not really.

Overall Score It was great.
    Their price was very reasonable for the deliverable given.
    They were clear in the contract regarding ownership of the brand, which is an issue with companies sometimes.

Website Dev & Design for Picture & Film Rental Company

“They were the perfect team for the project and what I needed at the time.”

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Design in DC redesigned and developed a website for a photography equipment rental. They improved navigation, freshened up the look, and built a new shopping cart.

Fairfax, Virginia
CEO & Founder, Picture & Film Equipment Rental Company

Feedback on the site has been great. Design in DC delivered a well-functioning and easy-to-navigate platform. The team is professional and they delivered everything in a reasonable amount of time. They were great partners and were easy to work with.

I’m the owner and founder of a film equipment rental company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Design in DC?

They redesigned and rebuilt the website.

They used a very common platform to develop it. There was a lot of back and forth with mockups and things. We didn’t stray too far from my original site. Structurally, it was very similar as well. We messed around with the page and they came up with some better functionality and navigation. We freshened up the look, and the biggest change was building a cart. Users can put what they’re interested in renting into the cart.

We worked with Ziad (Co-Founder) and a developer.

How did you come to work with Design in DC?

Ziad used our services a couple of times. I think he asked me if I was interested in joining forces because our website was looking a little tired. I had been thinking about redesigning the site, so when they reached out, it was perfect.

They were very hungry for our business. It was a good fit because Ziad has a foot in this industry and he understands more than other web design companies. I liked that they were young; I thought it would help with the price and make it more affordable.

In total, we spent about $7,000. The original contract was about $5,500, and then we began working on other things and spent another $2,000.

We started working together in about April 2017 and we’re still working with them.

General feedback has been great; a lot of people love the site. Customers have told us that it’s easy to navigate. We still get some random feedback that it looks good and functions well. I thought they were great too.

How did Design in DC perform from a project management standpoint?

It took a little longer than I thought it would, but there is the right process. They were very responsive and easy to work with. In hindsight, the project went smoothly and they completed it relatively quickly. I just didn’t know the process beforehand.

They were very professional, and if I started going outside the scope of the project, they refocused the project. They did a good job.

They were professional and timely. The price was also extremely reasonable. They were the perfect team for the project and what I needed at the time.

I can’t think of anything.

Get all of your questions ahead of time. I didn’t know a lot going into the project, and I learned a lot going through this process with them. Rather than seeing how it’s going to go, just engage in conversations to figure out what you don’t know.

Marketing Assets & Website Dev for Recruiting Company

"They took our direction and feedback from the first iteration and made our site something truly special."

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

In an ongoing collaboration, Design In DC was hired to help a recruiting company create a company logo and color scheme, proposal template, PowerPoint template, marketing slicks, and website.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Kim Herman
Marketing Consultant, TalentUnify

Although the client has yet to launch, Design In DC's workflow with the client's team is outstanding. They exceeded the client's expectations with the website they put together. The team listened to feedback well and applied it to their work and design.

I am the Marketing Consultant for TalentUnify. TalentUnify is a professional recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in connecting, engaging, and unifying high-growth companies with top talent across industries and the United States. TalentUnify does this by building lasting partnerships and providing 360° engagement experience for both employers and future employees.

For what projects/services did your company hire Design In DC?

We hired Design in D.C. to help create the following items: Company logo & color scheme, proposal template, PowerPoint template, marketing slicks, and website.

Our goal with these projects was to create all of the initial marketing materials a start-up company needs to establish a brand identity and begin to bring awareness to potential clients and candidates.

I selected Design in D.C. after researching and interviewing several potential partners I found via Google and through my network. I selected Design in DC. because they had the ability and talent to execute not only on design items like the logo and marketing slicks, but also build the website from start to finish, manage SEO, produce videos, etc. It was evident that Design inD.C. and TalentUnify could establish a long-term working relationship.

After we selected Design in D.C., we immediately started focusing on creating the logo. Because there was strong sense of urgency around this project, I provided Design in D.C. a handful of different concepts. Design in D.C. made those concepts come to life, and after 3 -5 rounds of revision we unanimously selected our company logo! Once we selected the logo, we moved forward with the portal template, PowerPoint template, and marketing slicks. For these projects, the TalentUnify team provided all of the content and initial format/layout direction - Design in D.C. executed these beautifully and efficiently! The website project followed a similar suite to all of our other tasks: TalentUnify provided all content, offered layout/format suggestions, and sent examples. Design in D.C. Brough out vision to life!

Initially, we worked with Robert only. As our list of projects grew, Isabelle started project managing. I'm sure there were plenty of other people behind the scenes making every thing happen!

I cannot share any outcomes from the projects that demonstrate progress or success because we have not officially launched TalentUnify.

The workflow between Design in D.C.'s team and our team has been outstanding.

I was blown away by the website they put together. I have been a part of several website redesigns that always left me feeling "meh." I was completely amazed and in awe after I saw the second revision of the website - it was everything we wanted and more! They took our direction and feedback from the first iteration and made our site something truly special.

No, there are no areas for improvement at this time.

Development of Web App with Training Modules for Trade Assoc

“It was an easy process, and I would definitely work with them again.”

Feb. 2020 - Ongoing

They designed and developed a training web app for a trade association. Using course content provided by internal stakeholders, they built out three modules within the app and then did a demo and testing phase.

Springfield, Illinois
Comm Director, Cannabis Business Association of Illinois

Design in DC delivered a user-friendly, professional web app with a seamless payment integration. They managed the project well by breaking it down into phases and communicating often. The responsive team provided actionable insights and recommendations that helped bolster the app’s UX.

I’m the communications director at the Cannabis Business Association of Illinois, a statewide trade association.

What challenge were you trying to address with Design in DC?

We needed to create an online training module that we could offer to our members.

Design in DC developed a web app that we could offer to our members through our WordPress site. We provided them with the course content and the certificate that the users would get after taking the course, and they started the building process. Following that was the demo phase, during which we did a test run of the web app and made some changes. For the most part, though, everything looked good; there were just some minor changes that needed to be made. The web app is actually going live today.

They built three training modules into the web app. There is a one-hour, two-hour, and eight-hour training course.

Rob (Lead Designer) was our main contact. Toward the end, Ziad (Co-Founder) came in a bit. We also worked with someone else who was really helpful in keeping the communication and making sure that they were available; she coordinated our phone calls and Google Hangouts.

How did you come to work with Design in DC?

When we first came up with this idea to do the training module, we asked the individual who developed our organization’s website to build it for us. This wasn’t his area, but he’d worked with Rob and the Design in DC team before. He referred us to them, since they specialize in web apps. From there, we had phone calls discussing what would go into it and what we needed. They spent a lot of time trying to get our vision for this and building it into a reality. Then, we negotiated on the price.

We spent around $10,000. It’ll cost more if we keep them on a monthly retainer.

Our work together began in February 2020, and it’s ongoing.

My colleagues and I went through the test run, and the web app is very user-friendly, which was the biggest thing. The payment integration process is seamless. We’re really happy that we went with all of the recommendations that they gave us; it definitely made the user experience a lot better than what my team could’ve come up with.

How did Design in DC perform from a project management standpoint?

They did really well. They had the phases listed out in the contract, and we followed all of those. They always kept us updated on what they were doing, and if we reached out to them, they’d respond right away. They made themselves available to go over the specific stage that they were working on, or just to answer questions. They were very professional.

Our communication depended on the phase we were in. At the beginning, we communicated multiple times a week, but while they were building everything, communication slowed down because we’d exchanged all of the information that our teams needed. Toward the end, when we were wrapping up that initial build, communications were back to multiple times a week, and they have not slowed down since, as we’re trying to get the product live today. They’ve been very responsive. It was an easy process, and I would definitely work with them again.

We were very impressed when we first got to see the training module’s demonstration and how professional it looked. The design and experience of the final product are noteworthy.

No, nothing big. It did take a little longer than we initially anticipated due to some obstacles, but I wouldn’t consider that a bad thing. They did a good job of working through those.

They pretty much led the charge on everything, which made that very easy for us. I’d recommend hosting an onboarding meeting or phone call so that you can meet the whole team; it helps when you know who you’re working with.

Overall Score We’re just very pleased with the levels of communications, their responsiveness to our inquiries, the pricing, and the final product.
    We ran into some issues with building certain areas of the app, but, other than that, everything was perfect.
    They put a lot of work into this for our budget.
    We’re very pleased with the product that they built for us.
    We had a really good experience and got to know the team very well.

Web Design for Fintech Company

"Design In DC was interested in helping us find a longterm solution that worked for us."

Nov. - Dec. 2019

Design In DC assisted with the development of a corporate website redesign project. They helped with design modules, responsive design, migration, and website optimization.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Senior Marketing Associate, Fintech Company

Design In DC worked hard and fast to deliver a website in a short timeframe. Throughout the partnership, they were communicative and responsive. Additionally, they were a team of skilled problem solvers who were committed to accommodating the business’ needs while producing high-quality work.

I’m a senior marketing associate at a fintech organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with Design In DC?

We hired them to help revamp our new website. Our team designed the website but we were lacking in a few areas of expertise. We reached out to Design In DC to help us with the areas that we weren’t familiar with such as responsive design, lead capture integration, redirects, migration, and optimization.

First, we had a few calls with them to go over what our team was looking for to give them a better understanding of the desired outcomes. Our team had outlined the different areas that we needed help with, and we had two calls with the team to make sure we were on the same page.

Design In DC then helped with the development of our website. After all of the work was done, our team reviewed their work and provided them with feedback. They would then address any of our changes.

The last step was making sure that everything was set up and ready for the launch of our website.

We had one main point of contact. Due to the urgency of the project, he had 3–5 additional teammates helping out with the development.

How did you come to work with Design In DC?

We looked at a few companies. We found Design In DC on Google, and one thing that attracted us to them was their website. It was very advanced compared to a few others that we looked at. It had a lot of design elements that we were looking for, so we knew they had the ability to deliver on what we were expecting.

We spent about $10,000.

We worked with them in Q4 2019, and the project took a month to complete.

Overall, they were a fantastic group of hardworking and intelligent people. Due to our timeline, they sometimes had to work extra. They bent over backward to make sure that we got it done.

The team wasn’t looking to just solve the immediate problems we had at hand; Design In DC was interested in helping us find a longterm solution that worked for us. Overall, their flexibility and quality of work were great.

There were a few times where we weren’t quite sure how to solve some things because we’re not developers, but Design In DC were the subject matter experts for any of our issues. They were very good at problem-solving and making sure that we were heading in the right direction.

How did Design In DC perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very timely and accommodating. It was an urgent project, and Design In DC put maximum effort into getting the project done in a timely manner. We communicated quite a lot. We started out using email, and then we began communicating over the phone.

Due to the short timeline of the project, we were in conversation at least once a day, if not a couple of times a day. Their turnaround time was fast. They were very responsive to our questions. Our point of contact made sure to fit us in his schedule and accommodate all of our needs.

He was very well organized and knew the status of the project. We had a Google doc set up where he put all of our feedback. It also gave us visibility into what each developer was working on. Overall, his project management was spot on. He made sure that we were able to provide them with feedback in a timely manner.

One thing that stood out about them was they weren’t afraid of our tight timeline. They took it and ran with it, which was something we were looking for in a partner. Additionally, their quality of work and overall communication were impressive. Design In DC was very reliable.

No, nothing comes to mind. Overall, it was a short timeframe and they developed everything that we needed.

I would recommend being as responsive as you can. Time was of the essence for our project and getting back to them in a timely manner with any clarification they needed was important for our timeline.

Overall Score They went above and beyond for our team.
    They always delivered within our timeline, even if it meant working late and on weekends. They definitely value timing.
    They gave us a good deal. For the quality of their work, they were worth it.
    They checked every box that we were looking for in a partner for this project.
    They were a great partner, and we will definitely consider them for future projects.

Web Redesign for IT Consulting Company

"Their greatest strength was that they took the time to understand our business and the goals of the project."

Feb. - June 2019

Design In DC redesigned a website for an IT engineering and business consulting firm. The team provided technical resources and templates and created a new logo for the client.

Washington, DC
Pinakin Patel
CEO, IT Concepts, Inc.

The design successfully outlines the services of the company, exceeding the expectations of the internal team. Design in DC successfully communicates deadlines and schedules with the internal team. The team is organized, attentive, and creative.

I'm the CEO of IT Concepts, a dynamic information technology (IT) engineering and business consulting firm with over 100 consultants focused on delivering innovative solutions to the Federal Government. We provide a broad range of services in strategy and planning, IT services, systems engineering, custom computer programming, DevOps Engineering, big Data Analytics, cloud computing, and program management services. We have provided these services to several federal and state agencies, including the SSA, Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), US Treasury, Department of Justice (DOJ), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and DC Government.

For what projects/services did your company hire Design In DC?

Design In DC assisted our company in the redesign of our website and re-branding of our logo.

Our site was initially built internally and needed a face lift. Our goal was to make sure we had a site that was able to speak to our customers, future employees, and competitors.

We interviewed several vendors that have done similar projects...we selected Design In DC based on their portfolio of work done in the past. CEO and COO made the final decision.

Design In DC managed, provided technical resources, templates, and delivered a a new website based on specification that we provided. Rob and team provided the appropriate guidance for images and the ultimate design for the site.

The team was made up of a project coordinator on our side along with contributors from HR, Technology, and Program Mangers. The vendor provided overall management and led the project to completion with the desired time-frame.

The team was able to exceed our expectations and provide a design that outlined our services, highlighted our workforce and company, and provide a mechanism for lead generation.

The project manager assigned to our team was great on communicating deadlines and deliverables that were expected from our team. We used google docs to manage the content and all project documentation.

The vendor was very flexible and the services they provided from reviewing content to providing a photographer for pictures were all impeccable. Their greatest strength was that they took the time to understand our business and the goals of the project.

Development for an Advertising Agency

"I would definitely use them again."

Jan. - June 2019

Design in DC developed a product that manages influencer campaigns. This involved front-and backend development along with the creation of an admin portal.

Laurent Vincent
CEO, Stack Influence

Stakeholders are pleased with the results of the engagement. Design in DC's communication skills and deadline-orientation were highlights of the partnership. They offered valuable insight aligned with stakeholders' overarching goals.

I am the CEO of Stack Influence. We help Amazon brands build out their businesses through Amazon through scalable micro-influencer marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Design in DC?

We needed help with the development of our product.

We manage thousands of people and onboard them into our campaigns.  There is quite a bit that happens on the management side when you are dealing with hundreds of people across the US. They built out the solution for us to manage that type of scale.

They built an early version of our product (in terms of an Escrow product) where we would invite influencers. They built a dashboard for us where our influencers could see the amount of money they would have and also learn more about the product.

They started by creating the backend. The frontend is everything that the influencers see (e.g. email workflows, trigger emails, and reminders). They also built an admin portal so we could manage all of this.

There were four to five people, but I dealt mostly with Rob who was the contract architect.

How did you come to work with Design in DC?

I have a friend who lives in DC who referred me to them. I compared them with a few different other agencies and decided to pick them.

We spent $28,000 on this project.

The project lasted from January 2019 to June 2019.

They did a great job. Their communication and ability to stay on time were the main focuses for me.

It’s important that things are deployed according to the timelines. (I have dealt with quite a few software developers and agencies in the past, and they always want to overpromise and underdeliver).

How did Design in DC perform from a project management standpoint?

It was great. I conveyed all the information to Rob, and he would refer that back to his team.

Their communication was key. They also gave us some insight into our product that we didn’t know which was great. We pitched what we wanted to do instead of just asking them to build something that we needed. They gave us quite a bit of feedback and information on what we should and shouldn’t do. It really helped us out in the long-term.

Overall, it was pretty well done, and I wouldn’t say I have any bad feedback. I would definitely use them again.

Rob is my guy and I would definitely refer someone to speak with him in particular. We have been able to build a really good relationship over the six months. I would definitely reach out to him and the company.

Web Design & Development for Cannabis Company

“They’ve done a professional job and have really exceeded my expectations.”

Feb. - Apr. 2019

Design In DC developed a WordPress site targeting potential investors. Collaborating with their partners to determine which features to include, the landing page features an informative video.

11- 50 Employees

Vancouver, Canada
Dennis Cheung
Head of Marketing, Franchise Cannabis

The website is very professionally designed, and as a result, they’ve seen an increase in investor interest. Design In DC maintained communication and incorporated their partner's ideas throughout the project. Always a reliable partner, they’ve provided additional support after the project was over.

I’m the head of marketing for Franchise Cannabis, a global cannabis company. With licensed cultivation in Denmark, Uruguay, and Colombia, and distribution of medicinal cannabis to patients in Germany, we target the European market.

What challenge were you trying to address with Design In DC?

We needed to establish a web presence. Our goal was to provide more information for interested investors and engage shareholders.

Design In DC developed a WordPress site, including a landing page video, where users can gather information. I spoke with our project lead a few times before the project started to figure out exactly what we needed to address, who our audience was, and scope out a few ideas of what we wanted on the site. We scoured different websites, including our competitors, and selected features we wanted to incorporate into our website proposal.

With an idea of the direction we wanted to go in and our wire frames, they broke off to begin working on our design. They maintained communication and asked our team for the content we wanted on the site when they needed it.

We worked with three people, including our project lead and the person who created the landing page video.

How did you come to work with Design In DC?

Originally, they were sent to us through a referral. We worked on smaller projects before tackling this one.

We’ve spent about $15,000.

The project lasted from February to April 2019.

It was well worth the investment. It’s easy for people to refer to our website, and we’re constantly receiving messages regarding investment opportunities. We’ve been able to keep up with the audience and maintain our communication with shareholders. After a roadshow, and we usually see a spike in traffic from the area we visited on our website. Design In DC developed a creative solution that highlights our global presence.

How did Design In DC perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve done a professional job and have really exceeded my expectations. We communicated via phone and email, and they were always flexible. I need to travel a lot, and as a result, have missed calls or needed to contact them outside normal work hours. They were always very responsive and got back to me.

Most of the companies I talked to only offered three months of support after the project to clear up any bugs or make adjustments. Design In DC stands out because they’re always able to help. Since the project ended, I’ve been able to call them and ask for advice. They’ve even helped format things for the platform.

Because I was supplying my own content, I wish they had given me clearer guidelines. At first, I wasn’t sure exactly what best practices were or what was the appropriate amount of content.

Definitely give them a call. It’s important to develop a relationship with them. They offer a lot of good ideas, but will also incorporate your ideas and make it flow.

Web & Logo Redesign for Federal IT Consultancy

"Their technical ability was particularly impressive."

Dec. 2017 - July 2018

Design in DC picked up a website redesign rescue mission for a IT consultancy. They added new functionality to the CRM, revamped the site's copy, and created a new logo.

Reston, Virginia
Kirsten Baker
Managing Director, Prism Inc

Since implementing their deliverables, the site has been met with a 1000% increase in web traffic. Prospective new hires are able to find and apply to job postings more easily, generating a consistent stream of applicants for open positions. They worked collaboratively and prioritized documentation.

I’m the managing director at Prism Inc, which is an IT professional services company based in Reston, Virginia. We work as IT consultants on government contacts and with a few commercial clients. I play a variety of roles, including leading the website redesign project, training, recruiting new hires, and account management.

What challenge were you trying to address with Design in DC?

We had a very outdated website—our last upgrade was in 2012. Technology has changed since then, and users expect sites to be more mobile-responsive. We realized that we needed to update our site to be more modern.

Our team also wanted to do a brand redesign. So, we changed our logo and overall image to affect how our customers and job seekers viewed us.

They took over the project from another web partner after we found that the relationship wasn’t a good fit. In setting up the project, they were flexible, scheduling themselves according to our availability. They prepared for meetings, did research, and showed us different options of the site. Their team provided us with three revisions, the first containing the site’s bare-bones and color schemes. We selected colors and other aspects of the site. When we weren’t sure what to choose, they would provide expertise to guide our decision.

They also provided us with copywriting for the site, completely revamping the content we had previously. We edited their work slightly to fit our business, but it was otherwise more modern and attractive.

We wanted our CRM, Bullhorn, to allow candidates to see our job postings and apply directly through our database. Our previous website did not have a functioning capability like that. Rob (Lead Designer, Design In DC) worked with the Bullhorn API to get that functional component working seamlessly.

We interfaced primarily with Rob, but he would engage their team members for specific tasks. They had graphic designers, possibly another developer, and a copywriter. Rob was our sole point of contact.

How did you come to work with Design in DC?

I received a referral from a friend in the creative space. We spoke with them about our frustrations with our previous web development agency. I had never heard of them or met them before. We brought them in and solicited proposals from 3–4 other web companies. Design In DC followed up with a proposal that addressed all areas of the project development. They also provided us with a live prototype to view online. It was amazingly close to what we’d envisioned. Our team thought they delivered the best proposal, so we hired them.

We spent between $8,000–12,000.

The project lasted from December 2017–July 2018.

We have a steady flow of incoming applicants, which was never the case before. The applications are directly tied to our database, which makes life easy for our recruiters. Our web traffic has also dramatically increased by around 1000%. We recieve over 1,000 visitors each month, which we never had before either. We get compliments on our site all the time.

Rob also successfully implemented new, important features like chat capabilities. He gave us recommendations and was able to easily deliver on that.

How did Design in DC perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent and well-organized, documenting everything. Timelines were set in advance, and the cost was initially agreed upon. There weren’t any surprises. They even did some extra work without adding additional costs.

We met with them on a weekly basis. They were able to dedicate more time but remained flexible to meet our schedule. If we had questions between meetings, we could shoot Rob a text and he would respond immediately. He could also set up a time for us to talk later that day. We were happy with the response time.

The whole project plan was outlined and documented in Google Docs. We were able to collaborate on that interface and make notes during our call meetings. Our teams were always on the same page, which was very helpful.

Their technical ability was particularly impressive. Rob, because he’s embedded in the web industry, was able to introduce us to cascading sheets, color adjustments, and moving video. Once he created something for us, he was flexible with our feedback.

He was never too proud to take something down that we didn’t feel was the right fit for us. He’s young with fresh ideas, but also business savvy and willing to adapt to our input. That attitude was impressive.

We’re really happy with them.

I enjoyed having Google Docs because our company already works with Gmail. It was easy to share files and content that way. We could edit together, line by line in real-time.

Overall Score They significantly moved our image forward.
    They’re always prepared for meetings and deliver ahead of time.
    They weren’t the cheapest option, but their work encompassed the components of a more expensive project.
    Everything was fully-functional and well-tested before it was delivered to our server.
    If anyone talks about needing a website, I recommend them.

Bronze