SUCCESS GUARANTEED

Denologix Inc. | Information Management

Specializing in Systems Integration and Visualization, Denologix has provided superior IT Professional Services and Solutions that empower companies to make the right decision.

Denologix is a Premier Analytics and Information Management company. A recognized industry leader in providing Big Data implementations and management, utilizing leading technologies for Cloud solutions. We help customers to better understand their market, competitors, risks, operations & customers through predictive analytics, data integration and data quality. Our projects have helped our customers Increase Sales, Reduce Costs, Meet Regulatory Compliance, Gain Market Share and focus on Customer Retention, Cross-selling/Up-selling.

Our Solutions Include:  Data Quality, Data Management, Data Integration, Big Data, Business Intelligence (BI), Master Data Management (MDM), Visual Analytics (VA), Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Analysis Dashboard.

Supported Technologies

R, Apache Hadoop (YARN: Pig: Hive: HBase: Phoenix: Spack: ZooKeeper: Impala: Flume: Sqoop, Oozie: Storm: HDFS), Cloudera CDH, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Web Svcs, Java J2EE, .Net, SAS, Oracle, DB2, SAS SPDS, SQL Server, Mysql, PostgreSQL, HTML, CSS, Javascript, Unix, Linux, Windows, MVS Android, iPhone, Blackberry

Key Partners:

SAS, cloudera, Hortonworks, AMSIO, redhat, Canada Post, Smart360°Biz, Oracle, Microsoft

Our expertise and extensive partnerships in Big Data technologies enable companies to confidently embark on new Big Data solutions or leverage existing initiatives to further enhance ROI. Denologix provides customers Big Data services from project initiation to fully managed and administered Big Data environments. You can count on obtaining quality results for all your analysis needs.

2002
    Vancouver, BC V7Y1C6
    701 Fifth Avenue - 42nd Flr
    Seattle, WA 98104
    800.393.1203

ADP, Adidas, Algoma, Allstream, Aviva, BELL, BioMS, BMO, Brookfield, Canada Post, Cancer Care, City Bank, CIBC, CoOperators, Cornerstone, CP Rail, CCV, CTC, Dexit, Empire Foods, Ethoca, Fairmont, HHS, HBC, HomeTrust, ING, Innovapost, IOU, LCBO, LoyaltyOne, Ministry of Health, Munich RE, NHS, Ministry of Finance, MTS, Prognos, Pearson Education, PHO, PWC, RBC, RIM, Rogers, Samsung, SaskTel, Scotiabank, Sheridan, Shoppers, Sobeys, SunLife, SSHA, Telus,TD, THC, TransUnion, Workopolis...

Canadian Bank Data Analytics Regulatory Project

"They know how to maintain the highest standard of professionalism and accountability. "

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Over the course of 3 years, Denologix customized a data analytics model. The team used SAS for the infrastructure and implemented their data model. The project required multiple iterations and improvements.

Former IT Manager, Major Canadian Bank

Denologix performed well despite tight time constraints, difficult deadlines, and constant regulatory developments. The team remained diligent, collaborative, and positive throughout the high-pressure project. They had a unique understanding of customer needs and offered personalized solutions.

Could you briefly describe your company?

We're one of the largest banking organizations in Canada.

When Denologix worked with us, I was responsible for some risk technology solutions development. I was managing the development and maintenance of our warehouse. It’s a risk data warehouse, which sourced information from various legacy systems in the bank. The tool provided us with a single integrated view of the bank’s retail risk for regulatory reporting, internal risk management, and more.

What business challenges were you attempting to address with initiating the projects with Denologix?

The data model that we acquired had to be customized to fit our organization and reporting needs. That’s essentially why we needed to source outside expertise. Even though SAS had dedicated some resources from their own shop, we still required additional resources.

How did you select Denologix as your solution partner?

I was not directly involved in the selection process because I joined the project to turn it around. I think Denologix had done some work with one of the senior executives in the bank on separate projects. I believe they were then referred, and that’s why they were brought in to deal with a few reporting and data requirements.

Was SAS the only platform used?

Yes. They brought in SAS as the main vendor to set up the infrastructure. They had brought their data model.

When was that project completed?

The project was completed in late 2007. There was some post-implementation work in early 2008 as well.

Can you give us a sense of the size of the initiative in monetary terms?

The entire project, including the work and technology, was approximately $40 million range. We had about 50 consultants. Our In-house employees numbered around 15, but we had brought in another 35 to supplement during the implementation of the project on the technology side. On the business side, I think there was an equal number of stakeholders.

Could you share any statistics or metrics that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work they've delivered?

It’s still alive and well. That’s what I can say. I wish I could offer more, but I don’t work with that team anymore.

How did Denologix perform during the project?

It was a very tough project, and we had a tight timeframe. There were very hard deadlines to meet. There were also plenty of new developments as the regulators refined their reporting needs for us. It was a very challenging project.

Overall, everyone came through and delivered. There was a need to work very hard, long hours. I think even though everyone was under pressure, Denologix staff never complained. Sometimes, in this kind of project, things can get nasty and people can point fingers. Even though we faced challenges and issues, it remained a collaborative effort. That’s what I liked about Denologix: they know how to maintain the highest standard of professionalism and accountability.

When working with Denologix, is there anything you'd consider unique or special compared to other vendors you may have worked with?

Their ability to understand customer needs is quite special. Generally, consultants are stuck in their own ways have the tendency to remain intransigent. They may try to impose it on an organization even if that solution doesn’t fit the organization or the information needs of the organization.

Denologix was very good at listening to us and coming up with solutions, which they were able to sell to our own internal clients easily.

In retrospect, are there areas you think they could improve upon or that you might do differently when approaching this type of project?

Overall, it was a successful project. There were some challenges along the way, but I wouldn’t say they could have been completely avoided. I wouldn’t say we could have done something better.

I would say Denologix was there alongside with us, and that’s what matters. We can always say there’s always room for improvement. I cannot pinpoint a single thing that we didn’t do well.

Yes. I constantly recommend them to various groups in the bank if there is some interest in their skill set. I don’t have any problem recommending them.

Insurance Company SAS Implementation and Migration

"Partnership like this, you don’t find anywhere. I met very few vendors that I could say that I trusted."

Denologix updated an SAS business intelligence platform and provided all data migration. The team provided expert SAS advice on the entire migration.

Medium-sized firm

Toronto Metro Area
President, Boutique IT Firm

Denologix provided a pricing model that inspired confidence by fixing the price upfront. The team was willing to work on-site and was always very transparent on the project and make sure that all elements are completed.

Can you please provide a brief description of your company?

I have worked for a number of large enterprises that worked with Denologix. I’ve worked with large software companies but this particular project is for a Canadian insurance firm.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I was head of the business intelligence practice at the time.

What were your company’s business goals for this particular project?

We were looking for somebody to install the SAS business intelligence platform. I needed the platform to be installed to enable the business units to share. My organization had got multiple business units.

What was your process for selecting Denologix?

A fixed price to me is a safety net and I liked how Denologix provides this pricing model. That was one of the big things that I really like about Denelogix. They come in. They assess the work. They talk to you about what you want. They also tell you other options.

They were bidding against SAS. Denelogix came in with a more reasonable bid and they did their job.

Can you please describe the scope of the project and what Denologix did?

This was a migration of the SAS platform, migration of the data, implementation of a new version and also installing all the products that we got from SAS. This wasn’t just an install, walk away type of project.  It was a complicated project because SAS isn’t easy to learn and we wanted many portals and features.

The scope was very specific. I wanted a SAS install, 9.3 install. 9.2 first, and then some customization. We wanted 9.2 installed so the business units could share data. We wanted it in one computer, not multiple computers like a big server. We wanted one big server. We wanted the fastest IO possible. We wanted the data to be processed. We didn’t want the data to max out. So we wanted to make sure that we purchased the proper equipment.

They also did a data migration onto 40 work computers. Denologix sent us an amazing installer. The programmer spent over three months and they also provided an expert SAS administrator.

The implementation went very smoothly, Denologix has helped a lot with all the details, every communication piece. The experience was very pleasant, they totally communicated everything that they were doing. We had a project plan that we were following step by step. The only thing that caused trouble at the end, was the migration.

Can you give us a sense of the initiative in dollar terms?

It was over $1 million but I can’t recall the exact figure.

When was the project completed?

I believe it was 2006.

How did Denologix perform during the project?

Their top people do a lot of important projects in Canada and are willing to work on-site and make sure the job gets done. I have worked with them for over a decade now. I’m very happy with them. I’m still happy. I still do business with him.

Are there any areas that you feel Denologix could improve upon or maybe you would do differently?

I am tough on vendors and always ask them to deliver more. However, I love that they stick to a fixed price and deliver what is promised. I can’t make any complaints.

When working with Denologix, what is unique or special about them compared to other vendors?

Their team is very honest. Their leaders are very transparent and open. Partnership like this, you don’t find anywhere. I met very few vendors that I could say that I trusted.

This vendor is amazing. I am happy I chose Denologix and would do it again.

Overall Score Vendors can always deliver more but they are perfect for pricing and schedule.
    I’m a tough guy.
    Yes, and I have many times.

Major Bank Regulatory Data Analytics Project

"[Denologix] is very rapid in acquiring new capabilities."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Denologix provided SAS integration for a large company. The team was later hired to perform various SAS software installations and has worked on over 20 projects in QA, data management and product analyses.

Vice President of Alliances and Business Development, IT Firm

The project yielded a high degree of client satisfaction and was completed on time and on budget. Denologix is flexible and acquires new capabilities quickly. The team developed relationships with both SAS and in-house employees through great customer service.

Can you provide a brief description of your company?

We are the world’s largest privately held analytics software company. We have more than 13,000 employees in more than 100 countries, and we’re the market share leader in advanced analytics. We are based in the United States.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the vice president of alliances and business development. I have various responsibilities including being responsible for all partner relationships in Canada. I own the responsibility for one of our global systems integrators. I also have global responsibility for one of our top 20 customers, and I do special projects in the corporate development area as needed.

What was the business goal for this particular project with Denologix?

Denologix was selected as a primary subcontractor for SAS as we delivered the first ever Basel risk solution in one of the top five Canadian banks. That was probably the first large project that we collaborated on with Denologix. We selected them because their reputation preceded them in the data management space. We knew that their principal [Shaz Ahmed, the president of Denologix] had an interest in further developing his analytic capability. We invested to build up their SAS technology capability with the existing data management strength they had. The goal was to have Denologix grow apart after being part of one of the largest SAS Canada implementations we’ve done to that date. It was highly reference-able for us with a high degree of client satisfaction.

Following that success with Denologix, we made various commitments to them, and they became our go-to partner for installations of various SAS software products. They gained particular expertise in some of our data quality, master data management, and other analytic products.

What are the advantages of SAS for data analytics?

There are many. One thing is SAS’s business model. SAS has had a subscription-based business model since its inception. They don’t sell perpetual licenses, and you don’t pay for upgrades. You subscribe to an offering and SAS commits a very large percentage of revenue to continuously upgrading that software, and those upgrades are available at no charge to clients. SAS invests approximately 25 percent of its revenue in R&D, and that’s about 10 times the industry average. That’s how SAS maintains a significant lead on all competitors in the capability of products.

Customer retention of products is much better than anyone else in the industry. They have a single-digit percentage cancelation rate across the world. When clients buy SAS software, the software capability accelerates rapidly. They keep the SAS software for a long time. Then company staff gain great depth of expertise in using it. These firms become more effective at deploying analytics in their business.

Can you give us a sense of the size of that initiative either as a ballpark dollar figure or personnel work hours?

The services business was in the order of $5 million to $6 million in services fees for that project. I would say that Denologix business delivered at least a quarter of that. That’s just ballpark figures. They did a lot of the data management work. They did a lot of the software configuration. They supported the development of the actual risk analytics.

When was that project completed?

It was about five years ago. I would guess that Denologix has worked on more than 20 projects since then with us.

Are there any statistics or metrics to track improvement from that project?

There are some metrics, but they were not as impressive as most projects because this Tier 1 Canadian bank need a committed deadline to comply with a Basel regulatory regime. They were unable to do so. We completed our project on time and on budget. The bank achieved compliance with the Basel accord. It’s a compliance thing as opposed to an ROI type of project.

How did Denologix perform during that project?

Terrific. Denologix has a fantastic reputation with tour business in terms of being flexible. They are very rapid in acquiring new capabilities. They have established strong customer relationships and relationships with internal SAS departments. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Compared to some other SAS vendors that you’ve worked with, what is unique or special about them?

They’re not global in scope. They’re focused on a particular geography. We don’t expect them to have global scale. They’re not Accenture or Deloitte.

Within the sphere of regional systems integrators, they are fantastic. We judge them by looking at the expertise of their staff, their approach to customer service, and their ability to develop effective relationships with both SAS ad the customer. I would score Denologix at the top of the heap for all three of those factors.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that you think they could improve upon or maybe you would have done differently?

I can’t think of anything on that project they should have done differently.

We recommend them to any client who’s looking for expertise that fits in with their portfolio.