Mobile & Web App Dev for Tech Startup
- Mobile App Development Web Development
- $50,000 to $199,999
- June 2020 - Feb. 2021
- Willing to Refer
"This is a team working to achieve the extra mile."
- IT Services
- 1-10 Employees
- Online Review
A tech startup hired DENEVY to develop a mobile and web questionnaire solution. This app intuitively adapts to the answers from users using intelligent algorithms. it was created for iOS, Android, and the web.
Internal and external stakeholders were very impressed with the quality of the product. The client was also satisfied with the team's operations as they showed dedication and commitment to delivering an excellent output. The team went beyond what was expected and it made for an engaging partnership.
The client submitted this review online.
Please describe your company and your position there.
Nostrum Innovation is a startup focused on developing new technologies, using computer science as a tool to facilitate and enhance people's life. The company was born with my background of many years working as a researcher associated in top of class Universities, as an IT architect in consultant companies, and as a global bank project manager. My name is Mauricio Capra, and I am the CEO of Nostrum Innovation.
OPPORTUNITY / CHALLENGE
For what projects/services did your company hire DENEVY?
Our first product is an intelligent tool created to manage and monitor users through questionnaires. Denevy created a fully flexible mobile and web interface called the front-end, where all information composing these interfaces are parameters. The interface can be recomposed, rearranged, has its language changed, among other features, on-the-fly, based on parameters received from the back-end.
What were your goals for this project?
Our goals were very challenging, and Denevy helped me reach a quality level that I never managed to achieve in other projects. All information must come from the back-end.
The goals achieved in this project at coding level:
- No "intelligence" in the front-end - business rules, masks, etc. are not hardcoded.
- Whitelabel - colors, images, language, questions, answers, question formats (radio button, checkbox, text, etc.), answer format (integer, decimal, text, single, multiple, etc.), texts, links, and icons are all parameters.
- Login - the login is created in the back-end, and a key is logged on the phone. Users must know the password only.
- Safety - all communication goes through APIs of microservices using encrypted keys.
How did you select DENEVY?
I have worked with outsourced teams for more than ten years — most of my experience with people located in India, Argentine, Brazil, the USA, and Sri Lanka. I was introduced to Denevy by a colleague. They had some work done together in the past, I believe. To be introduced to a company is one thing. To engage with a company and produce high-quality deliverables is another level. My current project involves two teams.
Denevy is developing the front-end and a group in Brazil the back-end. We all worked as a single team. The sync and the level of engagement made all the difference. Four points that PMs and Product Owners concern about outsourcing (among many others).
My observations about them.
- Language - it is not a problem at all. The PM and developers speak fluent English, making conversation smooth and direct. Written English is also perfect.
- Time zone - I take it as an advantage. The difference in my project is that teams are five hours apart. There is, most of the time, someone working on the project. The meetings can also be adjusted when required.
- Quality - this is the second time that I have the pleasure of working with an outstanding team. My first experience was in India. Denevy delivered quality work. The pieces of advice helped me to make better decisions. I talked with customers, IT architects, advisers and received congratulations for the excellent result. This achievement goes beyond solo work. It is the engagement with the back-end team as well. Denevy is not a team working by themself. They are mature enough to understand the challenges of integrating with those abroad, interact, and fulfill customer expectations.
- Commitment - This is a team working to achieve the extra mile. Again, considering all the challenges of a medium-sized project, I cannot highlight enough how the development and management team is eager to solve the proposed problem.
They were entirely in sync with the Brazilian team. If any divergence or problem happens, the solution will arise in a constructive and very interactive way. The goal is to move forwards with quality.
Describe the project in detail.
The Solution created involves several microservices and an intelligent algorithm that triggers questions based on users' previous answers. When a company joins the program (it is SaaS), it can buy a pre-loaded questionnaire or upload its own. A set of tokens identifying Units and Departments is created and distributed to people who answer the questions. Each Unit or Department can have different questionnaires, interfaces, a score for answers, etc.
The general goal was to create a single Solution (front and back-end) that must handle any questionnaire, from any company, at any time. For DENEVY, the front-end has a common framework for any possible interface. The parameters received from the back-end will guide what features to use. All were created for iOS, Android, and a website.
DENEVY also created the app's logo, suggested the branding, cleared all issues in the virtual stores, and uploaded the app to Apple and Google stores.
What was the team composition?
As a startup, we outsource as much as possible:
- Front-end - On DENEVY, the team was composed of a PM/architect, a Senior app developer, and a website developer. There were few changes along the time without impact.
- The back-end team - was composed of one PM/architect/developer and four extra developers (this number can variate between 1 and 5 people).
- Questionnaire - one epidemiologist to create the baseline questionnaire and the follow-ups.
- Legal - two lawyers to create contracts, terms, etc.
- Marketing - a web designer for the webpage 6) Accountant - one permanent accountant
RESULTS & FEEDBACK
Can you share any outcomes from the project that demonstrate progress or success?
There a website (marketing) for the Solution in English - https://nostruminnovation.com/en/home/ Apple Store - RST - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/track2work/id1511812927 Play Store - RST – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ew2health.track2work
Many potential customers are reviewing the RST. Most from the government and class representatives. I already received many compliments from IT members (architects, developers, Directors) for the solution's quality.
How effective was the workflow between your team and theirs?
We use SCRUM as a framework, and DENEVY has a tool called JUNO. It is an excellent way of interact with the project manager. All documentation goes there, including the acceptance for each piece developed. The advantage is not to botter with which tool to use (and sometimes buy a tool). It is already there. We also regularly used video conferences, virtual whiteboards, sharing screens, emails, and Whatsapp. It is never a problem to communicate with DENEVY.
What did you find most impressive about this company?
Commitment. Very few times, I saw a company working that way. They are with you all the time. It is a company that is there for you.
Are there any areas for improvement?
It isn't easy to say. DENEVY is well structured. There is probably something to be improved. It is a company that I am glad to work with.
Service & Deliverables
"It delivered what I asked. My idea is there."
On time / deadlines
Value / within estimates
"You can find cheaper developers, but there is a trade off: quality and commitment. I do not give up on quality and commitment."
Willing to Refer5.0