Business Intelligence & Award Winning Creative

Deksia is a branding agency that has been successfully developing companies for the past decade. We frame comprehensive brand identities based on appropriate market and company evaluation. Deksia clients receive innovative design, ideas, strategy, and process. Our execution of greatness is made possible because of company structure and selection therein. Each member is carefully chosen to compliment the others, resulting in an experienced, multi-talented organization.

2003
Grand Rapids, MI
  • Deksia
    120 Stevens St SW
    Grand Rapids, MI 49507
    616.570.8111

BP, Uber, Visa, Samsung,Twitter, Stāfast, Veenstra's, Falcon Homes, Yello,

Branding for High-End Precast Product Manufacturer

“I’ve always felt that they try to tailor a solution specific to our business instead of taking a cookie-cutter approach.”

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Deksia refined a vague corporate identity and made it more relatable. The team did market research, built a new website, and revamped the logo. They are now helping produce marketing collaterals.

Drew Bleeker
Marketing Manager, Hard Topix Precast Concrete

The new branding received positive feedback from stakeholders and helped optimize marketing initiatives. The team’s strengths include custom solutions, transparent communication, and organized project management.

Hard Topix Precast Concrete designs and fabricates high-end architectural precast products like concrete countertops, sinks, fireplace surrounds, and outdoor kitchens. I’m in sales and estimating.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We were to the point where we had established ourselves in our market, but we didn’t really know who we were. We needed some solid direction in terms of understanding our identity and our mission. We didn’t really know the best way to relate to our current and potential customers. People needed to be educated in order for them to purchase our products because there are so many misconceptions with concrete. We needed a good game plan on how we were going to approach the market to be more relatable and educational.

The first thing they did was some market research. Deksia generated a survey, which was very in-depth. They questioned all of our past customers to understand their perceptions of Hard Topix. What were we doing right? What were we doing wrong? They polled potential new customers that we might have been talking to but who hadn’t quite pulled the trigger in working with us yet. They interviewed the members of our team and our company as a whole. They took all that information, compiled it, and generated our working motto of who we are and what we do. That slogan turned out to be “educate and relate,” and we couldn’t have agreed more. From there, they built us a new website, which we are about to launch. They gave us a new logo for marketing materials and business cards. We just wrapped up a sample package kit for our concrete samples.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

One of their reps approached us. She came out and talked to us at our place of business. She ended up leaving the company, but she introduced us to Aaron VanderGalien [Senior Partner, Deksia]. When he came in and sat down with us, we had a really open conversation with him. He was really easy to talk to. He didn’t try to pitch us with fluff stuff. We started bouncing ideas off of him, and he was really straightforward. Sometimes, he just told us it was a bad idea. It seemed like he wanted to help us for the right reasons, not just take our money, so we felt like we could trust him.

How much have you invested with Deksia?

We’ve spent between $20,000 and $25,000 with them.

We started working with them in October 2016, and we’re still working with them. They’re helping us with a marketing piece right now for our samples.

We’ve had really good feedback about our new look and our new campaign. It’s definitely helped us. We have a clear vision now of how we’re going to do everything going into the future. If we’re going to put an ad in a magazine, we know that it’s going to be an educate-and-relate ad. Since we have a consistent focus on how we’re going to build this brand, we definitely feel more confident moving forward.

I liked the fact that Aaron was open and honest. He didn’t want to do anything for us unless he really believed it could work. I had to learn that I’m good at doing what I do, and Aaron’s good at doing what he does. As we’ve continued to work with them, that just becomes increasingly clear.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

They did really well with project management. Every time they start a project, they get right on it. Aaron’s always been our point guy. Corey is a guy that we occasionally deal with. If Aaron’s unavailable for some reason, Corey’s really good at helping us. Aaron is a good communicator, and he’s extremely responsive. That’s one of Aaron’s good qualities. He’s always communicating with us. He was even on vacation one time and when the plane landed, he called me and gave me an update.

What did you find most impressive about Deksia?

I’ve always felt that they try to tailor a solution specific to our business instead of taking a cookie-cutter approach. Our website and our logo are really creative. We did a little packaging product for our sampling, and they came up with a responsive packaging kit for our samples. Most people would have just given me a box, but they were really creative in their approach, and I was pretty impressed by that. They’re a fantastic company.

Are there any areas Deksia could improve?

I’m really happy with them, but sometimes there is confusion with the cost side of things. I always just get a bill from them in the end, and I never really know how much something’s going to cost. Part of that could be on my end, where I just trust Aaron, and I don’t always establish a budget.

They’re extremely responsive. You don’t have to wait and wonder where you are with a project. They’re always good at keeping things moving.
    Some of the things they did, like that packaging thing, is saving me money over how I’m doing it right now. Even if I’m spending some money up front, it’s going to save me money in the long run.
    They have not let us down on anything, and the quality of our business cards, our marketing materials, the website, and the packaging has been awesome.

Branding for Real Estate Company

"They have great designers but also have some really great ideas about how to reach clients in a different way."

June 2014 - Ongoing

Deksia helped narrow down branding and targeted clientele. They designed a website, logo, marketing slogan, and created informational branded material to assist with buying, selling, and listing presentations.

Kate Bylsma
Realtor, Patriot Realty

Deksia thinks outside the box. They’re efficient in designing new, useful marketing materials, and their turnaround is quick. They’re honest in advising how to spend money on branding and, though they could be more precise with pricing, they’re a helpful, friendly, and communicative team.

I’m a real estate agent. I assist buyers and sellers with real estate transactions, and I’m a broker at a real estate company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

I wanted to update my branding and push out some marketing ideas, including the literature that I give out to my clients such as my book, business card, and all other materials.

It’s taken a couple of years, but they started out with a questionnaire that asked me to investigate my own business practices. The questionnaire narrowed down on the clientele that I am going after. Then after those questions were completed, there was a lot of paperwork that I filled out.

They came up and submitted a marketing tag and slogan based on that information which then helped them to further develop my whole image and graphics. They came up with my logo and created a website for me. They also created informational materials that I could give to buyers and sellers that would assist me in my listing presentations and meetings with clients. They also made materials for me to hand out at closings such as utility information and ways that they could rate me as an agent.

I work primarily with Aaron [VanderGalian, Senior Partner at Deksia].

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I knew Aaron from a mutual client. I’ve seen some of the work that he had put together for a builder in our area and knew of him socially, so I decided to meet with them based on my knowledge of the work that he had done for other people in the area. This is my first experience working with a branding agency.

How much have you invested with Deksia?

I would say close to around $30,000.

We started working with them roughly in June 2014. It’s still an ongoing thing. We initially created some materials and a website. Over the years, I’ve added things like newsletters and different informational packets that I can give my buyers and sellers. Each year, I look at my branding and marketing budget and figure out what projects I’d like to do with them to expand on some of the things that I already have.

I know that I get a lot of positive feedback from my clients as far as the materials that I’ve handed them. As far as direct numbers and results, I really don’t have any concrete figures on that information.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well. Their turnaround time is very quick regarding print materials, quotes, and pricing. They get ideas back to me.

What did you find most impressive about Deksia?

They have very creative ideas. Their team tends to think outside the box and comes up with unique branding and marketing ideas. As far as the content of the newsletters I’ve given them, they really made it look amazing. They have great designers but also have some really great ideas about how to reach clients in a different way and what you should be spending your money on.

Are there any areas Deksia could improve?

There could be clearer communication about budgeting and pricing and sticking within the budget.

Overall Score They have delivered everything that I’ve asked for and really improved the design of my logo and marketing materials that I’ve been handing out to my clients.
    They’ve always delivered things on time and made time for meetings.
    I think they’re on the higher side of things.
    I would give them a 5 for the quality of their service based on the results that they deliver and their creativity in coming up with designs and fresh ideas.
    I would highly recommend them for their services and creativity.

Naming & Branding for Management Consulting Firm

"Overall, it's been a great experience and even more than that, it's fun to work with Aaron and the team at Deksia."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

As the need for a new company name arose, Deksia came in and handled the entire naming process, including its initial strategy development all the way to the final marketing and branding deliverables.

Grand Rapids, MI
Josh Fuhr
Co-Founder, Finix

Despite having a complicated business model, Deksia took the time to understand their client's company through-and-through, an effort that distinguishes them as ideal business partners and leading providers in the naming space.

I am the co-founder of a management consulting firm based in Grand Rapids, MI. Our current name is Auditrax but we are rolling out a new name, Finix, which was the project we outsourced to Deksia. We specialize in working with manufacturers and health care systems to identify and capture lost funds.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We had received feedback that our name did not make any sense in terms of what we do as a company. I contacted Aaron [VanderGalien, Senior Partner at Deksia] to help us come up with a new name, Finix, that will be rolled out in the next couple of weeks.

Deksia helped us to create a new name for our organization. They do a process that starts with what Aaron calls the "Big Idea" which we then hone in on to create naming options that make the most sense for our company. Deksia has also helped us with our branding efforts, including a new logo, website, messaging, and marketing campaigns.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

Aaron and I are both members of the Young Entrepreneurs Council (YEC), an invite-only community for entrepreneurs. We were both the only ones from Grand Rapids. We approached each other and decided that we should probably get to know one another. Once we had gotten the feedback that our name didn't make sense for our organization, I reached out to Aaron to get his help and manage our naming strategy.

How much have you invested with Deksia?

We have spent $75,000 so far.

We began working together in January of 2017 and the relationship is still ongoing.

Quantitatively we don't have any metrics, but qualitatively we've gotten great feedback from people who see our name and now see the connection between our name and our organization.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

They are excellent at project management. Aaron is the main guy who serves as their project manager, and he is always available by phone, email, or text, and will respond to you within the hour. Corey was another team member who we worked with directly, and he was also incredibly helpful.

What did you find most impressive about Deksia?

What sets them apart is Aaron's deep knowledge of our business. What our company does is not something that an everyday person has common knowledge of, for instance running a restaurant or a similar business, but Aaron takes the time to really understand us and the intricacies of our company which we really appreciate and had led us to a successful outcome with our new name and branding campaign.

Are there any areas Deksia could improve?

I don't think there's anything they can improve upon at this point.

Overall Score Overall, it's been a great experience and even more than that, it's fun to work with Aaron and the team at Deksia.
    They always meet deadlines and if anything it's us who are holding them back. We are the ones who try to keep up with them. They roll out their sides of the project quickly and efficiently.
    We haven't measured our ROI yet, but I would still say that they are a valuable resource for their cost because we compared them to other agencies and thought they offered the best prices.
    I have already recommended them.

Marketing Collateral for Home Restoration Company

"I have a professional brand, for which I give Deksia a lot of credit."

2013 - Ongoing

Deksia has worked to improve the company's corporate image and marketing collateral for more than 4 years to improve sales and market to larger customers.

Grand Rapids, Michigan Area
Owner, Home Restoration Company

Deksia is complimented for helping the client double revenue for several years running and creating a professional image that makes the client appear as a much larger brand. Deksia is recommended for marketing work.

John Grace Home Restoration handles insurance claims, dry-outs, rebuilding and cleanups after fires and floods. I am the owner of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

I needed to make my business look more professional and get more jobs from the people we were marketing to. We obtain new business and handle marketing differently from other industries.

Deksia provided a simple brand package for my company, including business cards, a simple website, and marketing material like shirts, hats, and printouts that we could go door-to-door with.

We get most of our business through direct referrals, so we're not trying to market to the public. Deksia did set up a Facebook page for us, but we haven't actively tried to continue its growth.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I knew Deksia's owners, and they had a good reputation in their field. I met with them and explained my needs. We began working together after that meeting, and I didn't consider any other companies.

How much have you invested with Deksia?

We paid $5,000 upfront for the initial simple development of our brand. On a yearly basis, we write checks of $3,000 or more to Deksia, for additional material.

We started working with Deksia 4 or 5 years ago [2011 or 2012], and we have an ongoing relationship.

I had a meeting with Deksia about branding before even setting up my business. After this, I continued to use Deksia for marketing for 3 years. I have a professional brand, for which I give Deksia a lot of credit. Most people think that we're a franchise, even though we're only a small company in Grand Rapids [Michigan]. We've doubled in size every year since I started using Deksia.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

I think that it's difficult for Deksia to place an exact budget on our work. Many times, we've opened up cans of worms and had to work much more than initially anticipated, but Deksia stuck to the budgets quoted to me. When I first started using Deksia, they weren't using any collaboration software. This may have changed since then.

What did you find most impressive about Deksia?

Deksia's owners are very confident. Once I sit down with them, I will trust that they know what they're talking about. Even if I have a vision for the work, it will typically change through the process. Right from our first meeting, Deksia told me what I needed done, and how much to spend. I ended that meeting in total agreement with them. Deksia has a good understanding of what it takes to grow a business.

Are there any areas Deksia could improve?

Deksia should learn to work with other companies. They have a take-it-or-leave-it mentality, which sometimes works against them. It hasn't happened in my case, but with people I've referred to Deksia. Some people need a bit of hand-holding on the front-end in order to come to an understanding.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Deksia?

I advise clients to be open-minded during the initial meetings. Many people growing a business think that they know what's best, but it's not always the case. Having an open mind will let them take a lot away from a discussion.

Overall Score I'm very satisfied with everything done by Deksia.
    Every time I call Deksia with a new task, I can expect to have it ready 5 days later. There aren't many businesses running like clockwork like Deksia.
    Whenever I hire them, a part of me will think the service is expensive, but I've always been shocked at how much I've gotten back by simply investing in the quality of material made by Deksia.
    Everything produced by Deksia knocked our target audience out of the park.
    I have recommended Deksia, but I don't think that those people went into the meetings open minded, but rather expecting to demand what they needed from the branding company.

Marketing and Branding for Manufacturer

"Deksia stuck to our budget and timeline. ... Deksia will go over and above in order to deliver what was promised."

Jun. 2016 - Ongoing

Deksia works with the client to produce high-quality marketing materials for manufacturing trade shows including an accompanying website and collateral to drive new business.

Grand Rapids, Michigan Area
Operations Manager, Manufacturer

Deksia is complimented for producing a huge amount of great work on time and on budget with great client service. Deksia is recommended for marketing projects.

Hurricane Inc. is a manufacturing company. I am the operations manager of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We needed help with marketing and branding.

Deksia is currently building a new website for our company as well as promotional, branding, and trade show items. Deksia brought in some new elements to our brand and many innovative uses of products for our trade show. Deksia set up our trade show booth in a preview facility before taking it to the final location.

We've worked with anywhere between 12 and 24 people from Deksia's team. Most of our conversations were with Deksia's owners, and they also assigned a project manager to us.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I received a referral from a client of Deksia.

We started working with Deksia at the beginning of June 2016 and have an ongoing contract.

We're planning to attend a trade show this month [October 2016], and most of our metrics will come as a result of it. The website is planned to launch on the same day as our new product. Personally, I find that Deksia has hit 95 percent of the work out of the park.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

Deksia stuck to our budget and timeline. We mainly communicated through email, phone, and personal visits.

What did you find most impressive about Deksia?

Deksia will go over and above in order to deliver what was promised.

Are there any areas Deksia could improve?

They're not without fault, but I can't think of anything to improve on Deksia's side. A piece of our project was not delivered at the specified time, so Deksia's team flew out personally in order to bring it to us.

The only advice I can give is for clients to work with Deksia.

The communication was good.
    We're a bit over budget.

Marketing Projects for Insurance Company

"Deksia has been understanding of our particular needs and very flexible. We receive a lot positive of feedback for our business cards and logo."

2011 - Ongoing

Deksia is working with an insurance company to improve brand image and marketing collateral to compete in today's crowded marketplace and attract image-focused clients.

Greater New York City Area
VP of Sales, Insurance Company

Deksia receives compliments for providing great business cards, a strong logo, and having an overall passion for creative work. Deksia is recommended for creative engagements.

We are an insurance agency. I am the vice president in charge of outside sales for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We needed to grow our presence with customers.

Deksia has developed our WordPress website, designed our company logo, business cards, envelopes and other print material, and helped setup our Facebook page. I know that Deksia offers SEO [search engine optimization] services, but we haven't set up anything specific for our website.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I'd known Deksia's owners for more than 30 years and knew that this job would be perfect for them. They have a lot of passion, which is the main reason for continuing to work with Deksia.

How much have you invested with Deksia?

The cost of Deksia's services has been between $1,200 and $1,500 per year.

We started working with Deksia 6 years ago [in 2012] and have an ongoing relationship.

Deksia has been understanding of our particular needs and very flexible. We receive a lot positive of feedback for our business cards and logo. Our new website isn't live yet, but I think that it will be a big hit.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

Our account manager has been very thorough and responded quickly.

What did you find most impressive about Deksia?

I appreciate the passion that Deksia's owners have for creative work and for making customers happy.

Are there any areas Deksia could improve?

It has been hard to understand Deksia's invoices at times.

Clients should take in the advice provided by Deksia. They have a good grasp for what people like.

Overall Score I never give perfect ratings.
    I am completely satisfied with the project management.
    Deksia honored the quoted prices.
    Deksia has a great creative team.
    I would recommend Deksia to anyone.

Marketing & Branding for Custom Home Builder

"I appreciated Deksia's ability to come up with creative, outside-the-box ideas relating to our specific product that I would not have thought of on my own."

Ongoing

Deksia was hired to create marketing and branding materials for the client, such as business cards, letterheads, uniforms, and logos. The working relationship started years ago and is ongoing.

Dustin Carpenter
Principal, Falcon Custom Homes

The client is very satisfied with the marketing and branding work done by Deksia, which has all been creative yet consistent in building the client's brand. Deksia was praised for their responsiveness, timeliness, and creativity in producing unique ideas.

Falcon Custom Homes is responsible for building homes in the Grand Rapids, Michigan, area. I am the principal, responsible for all construction-related activities from contract signing to turning the keys over to the client.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We needed help creating marketing and branding material for our company.

Deksia was hired to create all of the marketing and branding for Falcon Custom Homes, e.g., business cards, letterheads, uniforms, truck logos, the layout and design of the estimates that we provide to clients, and QuickBooks invoices. Deksia has also worked on our website and provided anything else related to marketing and branding for the company.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I've known Deksia's owners as friends for a while. We went in that direction because I had faith in Deksia's ability to do what we needed to do to reach our goals.

How much have you invested with Deksia?

The total cost of Deksia's services has been above $200,000 over many years.

We started working with Deksia shortly after they were formed as a company. We have signed a contract recently for material to be completed by the end of 2016, and are also working with Deksia on a marketing plan for 2017.

All of our material is consistent, and Deksia has worked on the entirety of our branding. If we publish a magazine article, for example, Deksia will put it together using the same colors, fonts, and details. They're cutting edge on what they do and how they do it and have kept us reeled into our brand identity, making sure that the information that we put out is consistent. We can thus be recognized just by our logo, instead of having to go through the details of what our company is.

I can't state particular examples of what Deksia has done for us. Marketing is a non-tangible resource. We can spend many dollars, and not know where our business is coming from. We have seen an increased workload in the past few years, but we can't know if this is because the housing market is better, because of our efforts in creating a consistent brand, or a combination of the two.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

Deksia typically met our expectations and the set deadlines, as long as we were able to provide the information that we promised. Deksia is readily available when they're needed, be it answering invoice concerns or reworking some material based on our requests. Deksia took time to explain what they're doing and why and have the backend research to support their claims.

I'm sure that Deksia uses an in-house collaboration software, but I wasn't privy to it. We simply communicate through phone calls, emails, and text messages.

What did you find most impressive about Deksia?

I appreciated Deksia's ability to come up with creative, outside-the-box ideas relating to our specific product that I would not have thought of on my own. Deksia created unique materials with a sense of character that, at the same time, still stick to our branding and identity.

Are there any areas Deksia could improve?

In my line of business, I am responsible for any mistakes made, so this is the mindset that I've gained over the years. Deksia is a time and materials company, so if they make a clerical or grammatical mistake or something doesn't pass the inspection process, we will get billed on the backend. I'm also not paying for the fluff factor, though, and there hasn't been anything else so detrimental as to make us stop using Deksia.

Clients should just sit back and let Deksia use its creativity and expertise in what it does, instead of stifling the team by throwing too much of their two-cents-worth.

Overall Score The only negative I could give on Deksia is more of a personal preference regarding time and materials.
    There was never a deadline that Deksia didn't meet.
    This goes back to the time and materials issue.
    The work produced by Deksia has a sense of continuity to it and is done in a high-quality manner; our end-results exceeded expectations.
    Deksia produced great work for me, and they'd take care of most other people in need of their services.

Rebrand & Digital Marketing for Landscape Company

"[Deksia]'re all engaged and dive right into our company as if it was their own."

Deksia did a rebrand of two of the client’s companies, renaming one, and provided website redesign and SEO services.

Dirk Bakhuyzen
General Manager, Procare

Deksia’s work has received very positive feedback from the client’s customers, and the client has seen a substantial increase in the number of leads generated by their website. The client also credits Deksia with a number of jobs they have won since the rebrand’s completion.

We are Procure Landscape and Chop Tree Service. We have two different companies. We are in the commercial landscape management business as well as full-scale tree removal and tree care. Between the two companies, we can do everything on the outside grounds for a commercial property.

What are your position and responsibilities, please?

My role at the company is general manager. My responsibilities are sales, marketing, and making sure my team continues to excel at their positions.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We didn't have any real understanding of marketing or a real marketing plan. Our tree company had the same name as our landscape company, so we had some confusion in the marketplace about whether we were a landscape company or a tree company. We needed someone to help us out with all that.

We rebranded and renamed our tree company and started rebranding our landscape company. We've had the same brand for 25 years and decided to do something different. Deksia also helped us with getting the tree company more visible on the Internet. They improved our SEO [search engine optimization] capabilities and developed different strategies to bring in more leads and more business. They redesigned both of our websites for both companies.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I think the owners of Deksia ran into us some time in the past; I honestly don't remember when. We set up a meeting with them. They came in, proposed some ideas, and we started to explore working together. One thing led to another. We felt comfortable with them and their team and decided to move forward.

We have spent between $10,000 and $50,000 working with Deksia.

The initial project took probably a year, but we continue to use their services. I think this is our fourth year with Deksia. They continue to be our go-to agency for everything on the marketing side of things.

Could you share any statistics, metrics or other feedback from this engagement?

I don't have exact numbers, but what I can say is that the quality of their work has been exceptional. We get many calls, emails and comments from both clients and nonclients on the rebranding and the website development. Often, we win jobs just based on our brand and logo because they are unique, different, and stylish.

Deksia has also definitely increased our presence on the Internet, keeping us at the top of our category. We recently did a three-month study on the leads we were getting from the Internet through our website. We've seen a substantial increase over the last couple of years with that as well.

What distinguishes Deksia from other providers?

I think the biggest thing that sets Deksia apart is their team. They're all engaged and dive right into our company as if it was their own. They enjoy working with us, and we feel like they're a part of our company.

Is there anything Deksia could have improved or done differently?

Right now, we're pretty happy. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything.

Overall Score I feel very fortunate that we found Deksia.
    The cost has been extremely reasonable.
    The quality is phenomenal.
    I already have referred them.

Branding And Video Production For Nonprofit

"They're personable and treat everyone with a unique touch."

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

Deskia provided a range of branding services for a nonprofit organization, including logo, web, and print design. They also filmed videos, located a video producer, and created a donor survey.

East Lansing, Michigan
CEO & Founder, Shining Light

Deksia quickly became an invaluable partner by delivering consistently exceptional work and building valuable industry connections. The team's proactive attitude produces fast and affordable results. They devote personalized, passionate attention to each project.

We are a nonprofit organization. We empower women in Tanzania, teaching them job skills as well as offering information about employment, healthcare, money management, and business management. Through this, they can go out and become self-sustaining.

I am the founder and director of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

Deksia is helping us get the word out, letting new people hear about us in order for our organization to grow a database. I feel that the best way to do this is to create a professional and powerful video to draw into people's emotions.

Deksia agreed with our plan and prioritized finding a pro bono video producer. I am confident that the video along with a website that allows donations will be a gamechanger for us.

They've also offered branding services, targeting the portions of the market that we desire. This included a new logo, business cards, and so on. They've helped us with presentations and web design. They've also produced a video for us pro bono. Deksia made a survey in order to determine how the public wanted to share their charitable dollars.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I heard about them from a personal referral. We decided to work with them because they could work within our budget. They also share our vision for the organization and were willing to help because they agree with our principles.

We expect to spend around $20,000 to $30,000 for their services within our first year. Obviously, our budget is limited because we are a small, new non-profit. The value of the services rendered is much higher than our costs.

We started working with Deksia in November 2015. The work is ongoing. Even though we're still in the beginning stages, they've done a lot for us. We'll soon be launching our new branding.

Deksia is always there to answer our questions, and they move as fast as we can move. We've greatly appreciated the effort they made to get a video producer for us.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

Deksia is very connected in the industry and is able to make things happen quickly and smoothly. I am very impressed they could get our video produced without cost on time with such high quality. Deksia is fantastic for our needs.

What distinguishes Deksia from other providers?

They're personable and treat everyone with a unique touch, no matter how many clients they have. We've always felt that we're their only concern.

Is there anything Deksia could have improved or done differently?

We're still in the beginning of our work. I have no complaints so far.

Overall Score Everything they've done has been fantastic so far.
    We get tremendous value and special pricing because they believe in our vision for the world and improving women's lives in Africa.
    I am really impressed by their connections in the industry and the quality of video production that they helped us procure.

Rebrand for Auto Services Company

"I have complete trust and confidence in Deksia."

Dec. 2015 - Ongoing

Deksia did a complete rebrand of the client’s business, including designing a new logo and providing SEO services.

Mike Veenstra
President, Veenstra's Garage Inc

Deksia’s work has received positive feedback from the client’s customers and has resulted in the client’s business consistently showing up on the first page of results for related searches. The client notes that they are particularly impressed by Deksia’s comprehensive process.

My company is Veenstra's Garage Incorporated. We are a third-generation family auto repair business in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'm president of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We're an old business, and we felt we were falling behind our competitors in terms of look and curb appeal. Our logo and brand were outdated, and we had little-to-no online presence.

They had a very concrete process that we went through. It started with an evaluation of our current brand and the way we were perceived in the community. After that, they began working on a brand guide with a new logo and other marketing materials. The strategy behind the brand guide was to leverage the company's history and local appeal with a clean and modern look that customers are looking for in an auto shop. The last step was to revamp our online presence.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

They actually reached out to me and their marketing was good enough to get my attention. I think the main thing that impressed me was they showcased previous work that they had completed for companies that I knew and respected. We set up a meeting, and I was impressed with the look and feel of the other brands Deksia had created. I was also impressed with how comprehensive their process was.

We've spent between $50,000 and $100,000 with Deksia through the course of several projects.

We've worked with Deksia for close to three years [as of December 2015]. The work has come in fits and starts. It began with the rebrand and logo. It continued with the website, and now we are beginning work on some different marketing efforts.

Obviously, the subjective feedback has been very positive. Everyone loves our new look. It's hard to give you hard metrics – 2014 was our best year ever, but we're down a little in 2015. Personally, I don't look at it as much as how much business we've gained by the new look, but more how much business have we not lost because of the updates.

The one area I can give you hard metrics for is SEO [search engine optimization]. Before Deksia's work, we were not showing up at all in Google searches and so on. Now, I'm consistently showing up well on the first page.

What distinguishes Deksia from other providers?

You can find many people out there to work on your brand, and help you with SEO. However, it's difficult to find someone that you can actually believe in. I have complete trust and confidence in Deksia.

Is there anything Deksia could have improved or done differently?

That's a hard one. I think that he has kept in touch with me well and even done some unique things. He knows some of the things I enjoy doing, so we've done some meetings in nontraditional ways like kayaking down the Rogue River here together while talking through some things. I don't have anything negative. Of course, I'd like it to cost a lot less, but that's just the way it is.

Their estimates are right on, but it's just so difficult to measure the value in dollar terms. I definitely feel that their work is helping us, but it's hard to know exactly how much.