WE MAKE MAGIC

You deserve more customers, more sales, and easier growth. The problem is, if you keep doing what you’ve been doing, you’re going to keep getting what you’ve been getting.

Everybody knows you need effective marketing to get the customers you deserve. You also understand that you need the right marketing partner to succeed. For the last 15 years, we’ve been the partner our clients can rely on.

We create marketing that has helped hundreds of clients in dozens of industries—from B2B to B2C, wholesale to retail, online off—transform their businesses, earn eye-popping ROIs, and achieve their goals for their businesses.

Visit our website, and learn how we make it happen.

2003
Grand Rapids, MI
  • 120 Stevens St SW
    Grand Rapids, MI 49507
  • 5911 Meredith Dr
    Urbandale, IA 50322

Uber | Visa | Cotton Inc | Twitter | Shine Windows | St. Ann's Nursing Home | OMT-Veyhl | Eagle Creek Homes

100% E-Commerce Revenue Growth following Lifestyle Redesign. Image

100% E-Commerce Revenue Growth following Lifestyle Redesign.

Deksia was given the opportunity to work with an established e-commerce store that offers a curated selection of proven quality hemp products- from tinctures to beauty infusions.

They came to us with the goal of building brand awareness and determining their correct target market.

Ultimately, they needed help implementing online tactics to convert the traffic they were getting into actual sales.

Using

Deksia's proven process, we data gathered from shareholders, current clients, potential, clients, and competitors. In the end, a comprehensive digital marketing strategy was built.

Results: 3 Months After Launch

During Made By Hemp’s initial brand audit, we suspected that poor web design was causing customers to leave the site without adding products to their cart or completing checkout.

With the improved design, the product add-to-cart rate increased by 116%.

Here are more results broken down: Sessions with Product Views: 144% Increase Sessions with Add to Cart: 116% Increase Sessions with Checkout: 149% Increase

Within 3 months of launching the new lifestyle website, Made by Hemp saw a 100% increase in revenue compared to the previous period. Not bad.

$345K Gross Revenue in 3 Months for Family Orthodontic Office. Image

$345K Gross Revenue in 3 Months for Family Orthodontic Office.

Despite having all the right staff, talent, and tools, the family practice wasn’t getting new patients.

They weren’t sure how to differentiate themselves from competitors who had been in the market space much longer. Having been burned by marketing agencies in the past, they came to Deksia skeptical but hopeful.

Using a proven method that’s been working for entrepreneurs for over a decade, Deksia got to work on a

comprehensive plan.

From landing pages and scheduling automation to messaging and marketing dashboard, they could see how all their initiatives worked together to support their outcome.

New customers were generated using various channels: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay Per Click (PPC), and paid social media ads (Facebook and Instagram).

In the first three months alone, Deksia confirmed 62 complimentary exam appointments had been scheduled, with 56 individuals signing on for complete treatment-- a 90% conversion rate.

In just 3 months, the orthodontic practice had sold over $345,000 in new patient revenue.

Their return on the investment (ROI)? Total conversion worth: $345,960.00

Total investment cost: $19,864.00

Return on Investment: 1,641.64%

If you could put $1 into a machine that always gave you $16 in return, how much would you be willing to invest?

Snowboard Company Increases Online Sales with Facebook Ads Image

Snowboard Company Increases Online Sales with Facebook Ads

Marhar Snowboards is a snowboard designer and manufacturer based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Owners Josh and Nate had been running ads on Facebook and Instagram, but weren't seeing the results they had hoped for.

After performing an audit on their existing assets, Deksia put together a digital marketing strategy that leveraged their existing brand authority and user generated content.

Videos submitted

from fans and brand ambassadors were shown to cold audiences who had not previously heard of the product or Marhar brand.

Users were directed to their Shopify website, and then retargeted across the web with Marhar products they had viewed on their initial visit.

The results had exceeded Josh and Nate's expectations.

After just two months, Marhar Snowboards had a proven online marketing channel that was converting orders at a scalable rate.

A campaign with just under $1,000 in costs was generating over $6,500 in gross revenue, with an ROI of 550%.

Would you like to discover opportunities for your online business?

Contact Deksia today for an audit of your digital advertising channels!

OMT-Veyhl - From Good to Great

From Good to Great
OMT-Veyhl Makes It Happen for Its Furniture Clients

OMT-Veyhl is the leading manufacturer of height-adjustable table bases and other accessories for the contract furniture industry. Founded in 2005 with just seven employees, it has expanded to more than 300 in its world-class facility.

It approached Deksia for help in updating its brand. Also, OMT-Veyhl

had plucked the low hanging fruit in the market and recognized it needed to improve its message in order to grow its share of wallet with existing customers and to attract the remaining clients available in the US market.

OMT-VEYHL HAD THE VISION.
WE HAD TO CAPTURE IT.

Learn more about our work with OMT-Veyhl here: https://deksia.com/case_studies/omt-veyhl/

GRStories by Hylant

HYLANT
Going Above & Beyond to Make You Its Top Priority

For more than 80 years, Hylant has been a leading privately-held provider of insurance services and software to small and medium-sized employers. Hylant is originally from Toledo, Ohio, but it wanted to expand, so it moved an office to Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Back in Toledo, everyone knew Hylant’s name, but Grand Rapids was a different story.

When Hylant approached Dekisa, it was frustrated with the lack of brand awareness in the GR community. The company had a large sales force and had built an impressive client roster in the area, but remained largely unknown in the business community. The lack of brand awareness created a huge hurdle every time one of its salespeople tried to land a new client.

Deksia analyzed Hylant’s brand and values, and then it began to formulate a plan to generate brand awareness in the Grand Rapids community. Historically, Hylant has been reluctant to market in ways that celebrate its own brand. So we developed a campaign strategy to celebrate and share Hylant’s values while avoiding the taint of self-promotion and virtue signaling.

THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX

Prior to approaching Deksia, Hylant had made efforts on its own to generate brand awareness in the community with little success. It had spent a copious amount on billboards that didn’t successfully represent Hylant’s values and lacked any sort of narrative.

Learn more about our work with Hylant here: https://deksia.com/case_studies/hylant/

Welcome to Hampstead

Hampstead is a high-end window & door company delivering attainable aesthetic at affordable prices. Our inspiration comes from our namesake -- an English community renowned for its regality and charm. This inspiration can be found in everything we do. Simply put, we are the right place to buy high-end windows & doors.

Stafast is a cycling component that provides riders with greater comfort and control by dampening impact on the upper body.

Our market research concluded that cyclists  were looking for ways to reduce stress on the upper body, but increase their performance.

The Big Idea of “Fit Better, Be Faster” guided our decisions when constructing Stafast’s visual identity.

Based around the feeling of

forward momentum, the brand is designed to reinforce the expert engineering at the heart of Stafast.

The color palette of black, white and orange continues that feeling of sleek efficiency.
Homes by Falcon Sales Book Image

Homes by Falcon Sales Book

Deksia was hired to create all of the marketing and branding for Falcon Custom Homes, e.g., business cards, letterheads, uniforms, truck logos, the layout and design of the estimates that we provide to clients, and QuickBooks invoices. Deksia has also worked on our website and provided anything else related to marketing and branding for the company.

Sherpack Website Image

Sherpack Website

The entire rebranding effort, particularly the new name created by the team, has been positively received by old and new clients. Their attentive attitude and willingness to take responsibility were impressive. Throughout, they showed that they were deeply invested in the client’s success.

Rebrand & Digital Marketing for Business Consulting Company

“I tried to articulate what I’m trying to accomplish, and they came back with something that exceeded my expectations.”

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

DEKSIA is leading a full rebrand, providing a new logo, brand archetype, and messaging. They also provide marketing services, including SEO, site design, email templates, and social consultation.

Ken Bogard
Principal, Know Honesty

DEKSIA’s industry experience and in-depth process enables them to understand their client’s business and translate objectives into tangible results, such as targeted lead generation. The team excels at managing expectations. They communicate seamlessly, meet deadlines, and offer reasonable prices.

I’m the principal at Know Honesty, an organization built out of being frustrated by the inability of companies to expose the true condition of their organization. There is a lack of honesty in organizations at all levels, whether you’re an employee or the owner of the company. What we do is implement a system that creates a much more open and honest culture and provides real tools that are designed to get you what you want from your business.

What challenge were you trying to address with DEKSIA?

We hired DEKSIA to do a full rebrand and marketing for Know Honesty. I built my practice from my own design strengths and those of a friend, and it was pretty weak. I needed a company that really knew what they were doing and could better create what I had in mind but that I couldn’t get out there. I engaged DEKSIA to create a more aligned brand.

DEKSIA is leading a rebrand to create better messaging around what I want to accomplish and align me better with who my particular target audience is and will be. They’re helping with messaging, rebranding, and a new logo. They’re building the complete brand and architecture. They have what they call a brand archetype that they’ve given me that I didn’t know much about. I’m glad I reached out to them to help bring to light what I am and how I fit in this world of business. They’ve aligned my messaging, logo, and brand around that archetype.

On the marketing side, they do SEO, website design, email templates, and social consultative work. They also do some written content. We’re targeting Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. We have bigger visions of all this that we’re still working on.

We work with six different individuals, and we have a main point of contact.

How did you come to work with DEKSIA?

I have some good access with different marketing companies, and I knew Aaaron (Senior Partner) and Joshua C. (Managing Partner). There’s a level of confidence that I had in their deliverables. Something I challenge my own clients with is that there needs to be a measurable attached to your marketing. One of the things DEKSIA asked was whether I’d be able to handle all of the leads we’d be getting, and that was the moment I knew they were a company I wanted to work with. I’ve also seen some of their work in other organizations, and it’s quality stuff.

We’ve spent about $40,000.

The work began in October 2019, and we’re still working together.

We’ve just begun to see website traffic and leads inflow. I have noticed that my target audience is looking at my stuff more than they were in the past, so the net is capturing the kind of fish that I want.

I’m still surprised that they get me probably better than I get myself. I think that stems from the depth of their research and experience that they have in the industry. I tried to articulate what I’m trying to accomplish, and they came back with something that exceeded my expectations. They just get it.

How did DEKSIA perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s been extremely well done. They’re really good about making sure that expectations are clear on both sides, which creates a better collaboration. They’re spot on about meeting deadlines, and their communication is really strong. If there is a change, they articulate it well. There are no surprises happening.

We communicate via email, video, phone, and text. We meet with them on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, and then we have a more formal monthly meeting. We’re pretty active in reaching out to them, and vice versa, when needed.

DEKSIA has a really dialed-in process. We always know what’s next, and we’re clear on what to expect. There’s a clear objective that both parties agree on, and you get the sense that we’re going after it together.

I don’t have anything in particular.

The company that works with DEKSIA should be clear about what they want but, at the same time, remain open-minded about hearing from the experts. It’s important to have a goal, but it’s also important to give it up to somebody who has experience in the industry and trust the work they’re going to do.

They’re willing to be flexible with me. They’ve met all of my expectations from a deadline standpoint.
    It’s 100% reasonable.
    They’re crystal clear on what you’re going to get with regular communication.
    I have zero issues with recommending them.

Branding & Marketing for Metal Fabrication Company

"They assessed all of the information before they started telling us what we needed to do differently."

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

DEKSIA provides digital marketing and branding services to refine a brand identity for a metal fabrication company. They interviewed internal stakeholders and created collateral including a logo and brochures.

Nick Fernandez
Product Development & Marketing Manager, OMT-Veyhl

DEKSIA implemented successful SEO initiatives and produced compelling brand materials that generated enthusiasm internally. The team manages the engagement effectively to deliver results on time. They invested time to understand the business, which results in a productive partnership.

I’m a product development and marketing manager for OMT-Veyhl. We’re a metal fabrication company in the office furniture industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with DEKSIA?

Our company had almost no marketing background and didn't have a marketing department. We had our company name but that was about it. There was a lack of focus on the brand.

DEKSIA came to us open to anything that we needed from a marketing perspective. They met with us to understand our company and our needs. Their team met with several of the company’s leaders to understand where the company wanted to go. They got context around the company and then helped to focus on who we are and what we wanted our customers to think of us.

After the interviews, we talked about the results and how we wanted our customers to perceive us. We also talked about why certain perceptions existed. Their team’s bringing focus to the brand around who we are as a company.

They redesigned our logo and changed the font. Anything related to the brand changed expect for our colors. Their team created a new brand message and mission statement. They’re creating new marketing materials such as corporate brochures, which explain who we are and the values that we bring to our customers.

They audited our website and then presented their findings. Their team made minor structural changes to our website to improve our SEO but mostly focused on content. Their team made suggestions on what they thought we should change.

Our main point of contact’s Monica (Account Manager).

How did you come to work with DEKSIA?

I went on Google and searched for digital marketing agencies in my area. They were one of the websites that came up.

We’ll end close to $70,000.

We started working with DEKSIA in December 2019 and the work’s ongoing.

We’ve had the most leads from digital marketing in the last fourth months with DEKSIA. Internally, there’s now corporate alignment on who we are. We have a tag line that we see everywhere. People use it in their emails and our sales team works it into their pitches. It’s been a big success because everyone’s adopting the brand. People love the logo and want new shirts with it.

How did DEKSIA perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great on deadlines. Their team’s typically waiting on us.

In the beginning, they weren’t just telling us what we needed to change. Their team wanted to talk to anybody that made decisions at our company to understand who we are and where we want to be in five years. They assessed all of the information before they started telling us what we needed to do differently.

No, they’re great.

Get ready to move quickly. They have the resources on their end to turn around projects. We didn’t have everything readily available to them because we didn’t have a marketing team before I started. Their team waits on us because we can have a hard time pulling data.

Branding & Marketing Services for Tile & Stone Firm

"They care, making me feel like I’m part of the DEKSIA family."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

DEKSIA manages digital marketing efforts to generate engagement for a tile and stone company. They curated a brand identity including a mission, logo, and collateral. They built a website with visual content.

Grand Rapids, MIchigan
Kevin Larsen
President, Allure Tile & Stone

DEKSIA produces effective deliverables that not only generate positive feedback but also quality leads to create a satisfying return on investment. The team is responsive and manages responsibilities effectively to deliver results on time. They are dedicated, resulting in ongoing collaboration.

I’m the president of Allure Tile and Stone. We provide a wide variety of services catered to high-end clients. We manage a variety of installs such as showers, kitchens, and bathroom renovations.

What challenge were you trying to address with DEKSIA?

We focus on quality rather than quantity. We needed help branding according to that aspect of our identity. We needed help to show the public who we are.

I had all of these ideas and DEKSIA pulled back the reins to execute on the project effectively. Their team refined my ideas of what I wanted to achieve. They built a website and updated it with galleries. Their team explained my history and my company’s mission on the platform too. They created a logo and business cards.  Their team’s helping to get the vans wrapped in the logo. Recently, one of their videographers went to several of my sites to capture videos and images.

I worked with several different people who worked on different aspects of the project such as visuals and data. The owners also stepped in to help. It’s a friendly environment; I feel like I’m part of the family.

How did you come to work with DEKSIA?

I knew them from back in the day. I felt that I wanted to grow and set up an appointment with DEKSIA. We went from there.

I’ve spent close to $40,000 on their services.

We started the project in March 2018 and our partnership’s ongoing.

DEKSIA went way above and beyond what I thought a marketing company could do. Their work gets a ton of compliments. It’s also created a ton of quality phone calls that turned into clients. Digital marketing takes time, especially when you’re a new business but their work pays for itself. They started to produce a solid return on investment.

How did DEKSIA perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate by phone and email. If I send them an email, I get a response from one of their team members within five minutes. Their team doesn’t give computer-generated responses. They follow up when necessary but aren’t intrusive. Their team’s on top of their responsibilities and right on time with every deadline. They're also fine with rescheduling when I request it. Unlike another company that I hired, DEKSIA isn’t nickel and diming me. They focus on helping to achieve my goals. Their team gives good, solid advice.

DEKSIA’s extremely engaged and accessible. They care, making me feel like I’m part of the DEKSIA family. It’s fun and easy to work with them. Their team takes care of tasks for me, which is what I need and want. DEKSIA took my business to the next level with minimal effort on my end. They’re not high-pressure salesmen, so their team doesn’t upsell their services, which I appreciate.

No, I can’t think of anything for them to improve upon.

Trust them. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Full Strategic & Creative Rebrand for Sign Company

“DESKIA takes a very personal approach and gets invested in their problems.”

Aug. 2017 - Jun. 2018

DESKIA performed a strategic and creative rebranding for a full-service sign shop. The team ket the key architecture of the brand intact, while redesigning the logo, website, and vehicle fleet graphics.

President, Sign Company

The rebranding met the expectations of the internal team and has proven to be recognizable and memorable to external parties. DESKIA is open to feedback and willing to answer any arising questions. The team is committed to a transparent and collaborative partnership.

I am the CEO & President of a full-service sign shop in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We specialize in street work and exterior signage.

What challenge were you trying to address with DESKIA?

I purchased the company in 2017 and was looking to develop a new brand identity while keeping as much of the legacy and history of the brand intact.

DESKIA rebranded our company, designing the logo, website, vehicle fleet graphics, and more. The name stayed the same, but the architecture of the brand changed. We kept the big building blacks the same but changed small things like the logo or the way we display the name. Additionally, they host our web platform.

I worked with six or seven members of the DESKIA team, including some web developers and a photographer.

How did you come to work with DESKIA?

I had worked with DESKIA in a previous position and the results were great. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. We did interview three different companies, but DESKIA stood out because of their approach and because I had proven results with them. Their size was the right fit for us and they seem to understand our industry.

We have invested just over $40,000.

Our engagement with DESKIA ran from August 2017–January 2018.

Overall, we’re very happy and have no complaints. DESKIA has continued to support us even after everything’s been finished. I felt that they were worth the investment and would recommend them to anybody else. We often get comments that people see our vehicles all over and we don’t have too many so they definitely stand out on the road.

How did DESKIA perform from a project management standpoint?

DESKIA does a great job, they’re very on top of it. Our teams communicated over email and phone calls.

They did a great job understanding our company and our needs, formulating a package to solve any problems. DESKIA takes a very personal approach and gets invested in their problems.

No, they did a great job overall.

I had some questions during the billing process about what every invoice was for. Ultimately, I got the answers to all of these questions. DESKIA is always willing to answer any questions I had but it’s important to remember to ask.

They delivered everything within the budget.
    Everything that we talked about was completed.

Logo, Tagline, & Branding for Professional Coaching Company

"The team at DEKSIA zeroed in quickly on something that would satisfy me in the market."

May 2018 - Aug. 2019

DEKSIA was hired to upgrade a professional coaching company’s branding to generate opportunities and leads. The team assisted with the overall branding, creating a logo and tagline, and building campaigns.

Ada, Michigan
CEO, Professional Development Company

The team at DEKSIA hit the mark. Their skilled and creative approach exceeded expectations. All feedback regarding their branding work has been positive while leading to more leads for the company. Their transparency was also noteworthy.

I’m the owner of a professional coaching company.

What challenge were you trying to address with DEKSIA?

We first hired them to develop a better brand for us. After that, we needed people to understand our brand, so I needed to address an awareness in the market. Finally, I wanted to generate additional opportunities and leads.

The team at DEKSIA has a specific branding process that’s unique to them. After they walked me through that and started working on the brand, we began looking at the messaging. They also built me a lead generation platform.

After taking all of my input, their team came back with ideas following logo design, tagline creation, and potential markets. Then, we created several campaigns. One of the campaigns involved driving the new brand into the marketplace. We also worked to develop demand generation and get more leads.

Over time, I worked with three or four different people. At first, I primarily worked with Josh (Managing Partner, DEKSIA) then Monica (Account Manager, DEKSIA) became my main point of contact. I worked with Spencer (Senior Developer, DEKSIA) on the digital ads, and engaged with their sales manager, Ken (Director of Sales Marketing, DEKSIA).

How did you come to work with DEKSIA?

I knew DEKSIA through a professional networking group. What caused me to work with them was that they understood my business and were willing to listen to some ideas. Initially, we started small while building a relationship with them. We worked together awhile before I felt comfortable deciding to work with DEKSIA on the bigger project.

We invested around $25,000.

Initially, it was a three-month project that started in May 2018. We ended up extending the engagement until August 2019 to work on refining and expanding different activities.

The most important measurable was that DEKSIA got it right the first time. Everything from the logo, tagline, color scheme, and brand was correct. It was also satisfying because I’ve been in the business for over 20 years, and I’ve worked with other similar companies.

With those, there were several iterations of work, which was frustrating and time-consuming. While I understand that it’s a creative process, I like to get it perfect the first time. The team at DEKSIA zeroed in quickly on something that would satisfy me in the market.

Their branding work was excellent. I’m happy with the way they listened to me. I received strong leads and comments regarding the website. Quite a few people became much more aware of my brand after the process. A lot of prospective customers commented that the quality attracted them to the business.

We’ve hired a few outside marketing professionals, but the mark of success has been that my team has been able to take DEKSIA’s work and grow upon it. It’s been extremely valuable.

How did DEKSIA perform from a project management standpoint?

When it comes to project management, they have a good team that handles everything. Their team is responsive and transparent. Their communication style is clear, as well. DEKSIA typically understood what I needed in most cases. They were also on time and budget. I can’t think of a time where I was upset or unhappy.

At the start of the branding exercise, I was very nervous about my logo creation. I tried a few automated systems myself and was always disappointed. I had it locked in my mind in the way I wanted and gave their team everything.

Looking back, I’m thrilled with what they developed with my ideas and also what they generated on their own. It was satisfying that they came back with something I didn’t really think of.

I was also happy with how they accepted ideas that I didn’t want to compromise on. For example, red is seen as a negative color, but it was a prominent part of my brand that I wanted. They didn’t try to talk me out of it, and I appreciate that they didn’t try to tell me I was wrong. I wanted to hear how we could make it work, and their team delivered.

There’s a barrier between the customer and creatives. They had said that it was a normal part of the industry, but it was frustrating to always speak to a third-party. Everything turned out great, but if there’s something I’d ask them to improve, it would be having some access to the creative team.

Be clear about what you want. Sometimes I wasn’t as clear as I should’ve been, so areas had to be revisited. That ends up costing more time. Also, clients should be aware that they take an entrepreneurship approach. If you like that, then that’s great, but if not, that might be a hang-up for you.

Quality is great.

Product Branding Services for Accounting & Bookkeeping Firm

“Their ability to understand our extremely complex product was amazing.”

July - Nov. 2019

DEKSIA branded an accounting firm’s new product. After leading a due diligence process and collecting market research, they provided design elements, messaging, a website, and marketing materials.

Alpharetta, Georgia
Ben Habeck
CEO, Dime

Despite the complexity of the product, DEKSIA excelled at building a brand around it. They were particularly adept at translating market data and internal insights into simple yet effective messaging. The team managed the entire project, facilitating an effortless partnership and delivering on time.

I’m the founder and CEO of a bookkeeping and account firm. We work specifically in the nonprofit arena.

What challenge were you trying to address with DEKSIA?

We’re rolling out a new credit card processing and donor tracking product for nonprofits. We needed someone to help us brand the product and take it to market.

DEKSIA did a due diligence process, during which they had a couple of phone calls with myself and some key employees. Then, they collected market research, delivered data, and helped us through the naming and branding process. The team did everything from design elements to messaging and customer deliverables. They helped us determine what our product should look and feel like, and then they built a website and marketing materials around that.

We engaged with around seven people. We primarily worked with an account manager and a project manager.

How did you come to work with DEKSIA?

DEKSIA had been pursuing us for several years, wanting us to use their branding and marketing services. We hadn’t hired them because we had our own marketing and creative people, and I didn’t want to deviate from our core brand. However, when we came up with this new product, I wanted a fresh perspective and approach. DEKSIA was the first company that came to mind.

One of the reasons I hired them was that their designers are some of the best. I’m very particular about graphic design and the creative side of things, and their design work is really good.

My company spent $25,000–$50,000.

Our work together lasted from July–November 2019.

After the due diligence process, I was impressed by DEKSIA’s ability to simplify all of the information they’d gathered into a really concise understanding of what we do and what our products are, specifically this product. They then delivered some of the most amazing statistics. My company has been in this market niche for 12 years, and I’ve been in it for 15 years, and I was so impressed by the data they came back with, some of which surprised me. We were also really happy with their designs and creative work.

How did DEKSIA perform from a project management standpoint?

We didn’t have a ton of interaction with the creative people; at a higher level, they’d ask us questions, but everything was pretty much facilitated through the account and project managers. Our account manager checked in on us, maintained our relationship, and made sure the project was moving forward. They were more relational and strategic, while our project manager was more tactical. She scheduled meetings and phone and video calls, and she also directed the creative teams and copywriters. Whenever we had issues or questions, we would email her, and she got it all done.

We had a goal of having the project completed and launched by the end of November, and DEKSIA had no problems hitting that deadline. I appreciated that we didn’t have to deal with any of their tools of systems. In my work with other companies, I’ve had to log into their project management system or use their tools, whereas DEKSIA managed the entire project. They would tell us when to meet and what we needed to go over, facilitating the whole process.

Their ability to understand our extremely complex product was amazing. It was impressive that after just a few short meetings, they were able to grasp the idea and build a brand and messaging around it.

We had to do a little bit of work on the messaging side. The tone of voice that we wanted to have was slightly different from what they originally came back with, but this wasn’t a negative thing; we just had different opinions.

Sometimes, the timeliness of their communications could’ve been better. They could’ve been more proactive about reaching out to us and letting us know what they were working on, but this didn’t negatively impact the relationship.

As someone who controls everything, I’d recommend letting DEKSIA do their job. Offer your advice and feedback, but they’re the experts, so let them do what they’re best at. This is what made our relationship so successful.

E-Commerce Development for Window & Door Retailer

"They became vested in the company and acted as if they were partners in the firm."

Apr. 2018 - Mar. 2019

DEKSIA developed an e-commerce site for a window and door retailer. The team was also responsible for creating brand guidelines and trade show designs.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Brad Litz
Owner, Hampstead Home Products

The client had a successful launch and now generates revenue from all over the country. DEKSIA establishes a seamless workflow to best collaborate with the client. The team continues to provide organized and timely support.

Hampstead Home Products is a window and door retailer focusing on all aluminum products including designer windows and folding door systems. Our goal is to put pricing, selection and purchasing power in the hands of the consumer - which is a first in this industry. I am the owner and founder of this company.

For what projects/services did your company hire DEKSIA?

Deksia was hired to build our brand architecture, assist in market research for pricing, building our e-commerce site and launching the brand at a internationally acclaimed trade show.

The goals were to build an online tool that put the power of shopping for windows and doors in the hands of the consumer and made it simple. We had the basic product lines and the manufacturing process complete, but needed everything else from the ground up. We were building a full company, start to finish in less than a year from idea to full brand launch and the goal was to start generating revenue in that time span.

Aaron and Joshua were introduced through an entrepreneurial network and I know some of their other customers that had been very happy with the work they provided.

1. Brand Architecture - We wanted a very specific taste and feel with our branding as this is a product that is for a select type of aesthetic and the marketing had to complement the product.
  2. E-Commerce Site Build - We have a fully operational and engaging website that allows consumers to immediately toggle through products, look at different options and colors and have immediate pricing available.
  3. Trade Show design and support - I am the owner, but my day job is Luxury Real Estate Developer. I have attended plenty of trade shows for products in the building industry, but never actually had a booth or sold a product before, so this process was entirely foreign to me. Deksia designed our booth (20' x 30'), leased the space, designed and delivered swag, as well as entered us and helped us win Best in Show. Several employees came with us to Las Vegas and worked the floor with us to help inform customers of our new and exciting way to purchase this age-old product.

Project Manager, website developer, graphic designer, execution

Our launch was a success and we won best in show for our product line at an event that drew hundreds of thousands of visitors. We are now generating revenue from all over the country and Deksia continues to be our partner in the evolution of this brand and this company. Aaron and Joshua are both friends and have been there for us every step of the way.

Workflow was easy - They have the right staff and technology to work effectively with my team, even through we are in different states.

There were more than a vendor that I hired to perform a task. They became vested in the company and acted as if they were partners in the firm. They took our success very seriously, and still do. Aaron just made a trip to see us last week for a couple days to work with new sales people and discuss future plans.

I was very happy with the process - I have a very limited schedule and have my team do a lot of tasks for me and the Deksia team was able to effectively communicate goals and timelines and we achieved what we set out to do.

Very transparent and the deliverables were on par with what I expected. I have gone through this process with my other brands, so I had expectations.

Rebranding and Marketing for Warehousing Company

“They added a personal touch to all aspects of their work.”

DEKSIA provides holistic marketing services to a warehousing and fulfillment company. Their work includes web design and development, logo design, social ads, SEO strategy, renaming help, and market research.

Kurt Rewa
Co-Founder & CMO, Sherpack

I’m the co-founder and CMO for Sherpack, a warehousing a fulfillment company for online retails. After products are manufactured, they come into my warehouse where we store and send them out to end-users. We ship to consumers, box stores like Walmart, wholesalers, and more boutique-style shops.

What challenge were you trying to address with DEKSIA?

We formally went by another name that people had a hard time understanding. So, we decided to go through a rebranding process, giving them the reins to redesign our site and rename us as well.

After thinking through our options, we decided that it would be helpful to have a full-scale outsourced marketing department to take on all of our marketing and advertising needs. DEKSIA handles everything from basic Facebook posts to rebuilding our entire website.

In the rebranding process, they interviewed all the key players at my company to learn more about our vision for the company. From there, they conducted more interviews with current clients to make sure our goals lined up with their expectations for us. Then, they went into the marketplace and surveyed 100 potential customers. The questionnaire covered their fulfillment company preferences and pain points. They did this prior to launching any sort of campaign.

Following that preliminary research, they started with the rebranding efforts. They helped with remaining our company, rolling out an overall marketing plan, SEO implementations, storyboard, and logo design. I’ll write blog content, and they’ll edit it for clarity before posting. When they needed to, they brought in contractors. They did this for a video creation project for our site. In addition to the site, they’ve also spent time designing Facebook and LinkedIn ads.

The website and logos went live in July 2019.

Originally, our main point of contact was Ken (Director of Sales Marketing, DEKSIA), but Monica (Account Manager, DEKSIA) came on later as our project point person. Over the course of our engagement, pretty much everyone on the team, including the owners, has been part of our conversations with them.

How did you come to work with DEKSIA?

Initially, we just did a Google search for local firms. For us, it made more sense to have a partner who could visit our office to actually see our daily operations. We interviewed three local firms. DEKSIA brought a personal touch to their work and was willing to essentially serve as our company’s marketing department. Based on that, we chose to hire them.

To date, we’ve spent about $80,000.

We started working with them in January 2019, and our engagement is ongoing.

It’s still early days but, our current clients are excited about the rebrand so far, saying that its easier to pronounce and makes more sense for the company. When we are discussing our work with others, our name resonates more and sounds more like the name of a fulfillment company.

I personally appreciate their work on case studies that detail why specific clients chose to work with us. That was a cross-marketing opportunity too because each company with a case study has a link to their site.

Additionally, the team is enthusiastic about the new name. Its root word is “sherpa,” which is perfect because our team’s mission is to guide our clients to their business. “Sherpack” speaks to what we actually do, in that sense. We wanted to focus more on our human side and connections with clients in our marketing work because we work hard to give our customers a personal problem-solving experience. DEKSIA has done a great job capturing that in the rebrand.

How did DEKSIA perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication has been fantastic. They’re a responsive team that doesn’t go more than 24 hours without addressing questions or concerns. Both of our teams agreed upon schedule delays to make sure that marketing content was perfect before launching. Those delays were mostly on our end, but they were accommodating.

In our efforts, we used a Microsoft Teams board to track timelines and tasks. We were able to assign individual team members responsibilities on that interface, which helped us track progress.

They added a personal touch to all aspects of their work. For instance, Ken personally delivered his team’s quote along with a gift basket before we’d even selected them as our partner. They’re really responsible and genuinely care about both their work and our company’s success. That speaks volumes. I can tell that they’re just as excited as I am when we make good progress.

Nothing is really jumping out at me. For us, things could be better in terms of lead generation, but it's still early for us, so I don’t see that as room for improvement on their end.

Make sure you’re getting information to them as they request it. That’s what slows us down in the process. Our team would often take too long to respond to their requests. Remember that you can hold up the process just as much as they can.

Overall Score We’ve had a really positive experience with them.
    Overall, they were great. We had some issues scheduling the video shoot.
    They followed through on the proposed budget.
    They brought our vision to life in their marketing, especially in the naming process.
    I’d recommend them to anyone looking for marketing services.

Web and Digital Support for Landscaping Company

"They are responsive and have quick turnarounds."

2010 - Ongoing

DEKSIA built a website. They then did SEO and Facebook advertising.

Paul Burd
Owner, Alfresco Landscapes

The team delivered a quality site and generated positive results on Google. They are highly communicative and personable. Customers can expect them to follow detailed instructions with care.

I own Alfresco Landscaping, a firm that does maintenance on plant material and lawns.

What challenge were you trying to address with DEKSIA?

We hired DEKSIA to provide branding services and enhance our digital presence.

DEKSIA developed a new website and subsequently provided services for SEO and Facebook advertising. The team has since done updates and maintenance.

I have one point of contact. He has a team working behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with DEKSIA?

A colleague recommended them.

Our annual spend has scaled from $25,000 to $50,000.

We started working together in 2010 and the partnership is ongoing.

The site has received positive user feedback and performed well form an SEO standpoint.

How did DEKSIA perform from a project management standpoint?

The team’s open communication benefits the partnership because they keep us on track. We talk every three weeks via phone and email. My primary contact and I have monthly in-person meetings. Always patient with me, he also updates the strategy on an annual basis.

They are responsive and have quick turnarounds.

No. We’re happy with the partnership and have no desire to go elsewhere.

Clients should know the direction they want to go in because that will help DEKSIA succeed. Personally, I know the team had a hard time reading my mind.

The value for cost is hard to judge.

Digital Marketing Strategy for Orthodontics Practice

"They’ve delivered the measurable, substantial results they promised, which not all vendors can do."

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

DEKSIA supported social media marketing efforts. They performed an audit and helped create an online campaign to improve digital presence.

Grandville, Michigan
Kate Shannon
Owner, Shannon Orthodontics

The business has seen significant growth in new customers since beginning the engagement. There has also been an influx of calls from interested, potential buyers. DEKSIA has been easy to work with and devoted to producing high-quality work.

I’m the owner of Shannon Orthodontics.

What challenge were you trying to address with DEKSIA?

We wanted to streamline and improve our social media marketing efforts, as well as our marketing strategy in general. We had worked with a company previously that didn’t deliver on their promises to improve our approach.

To begin, they performed an audit of both the market and our business. They did a needs assessment within our office to narrow in on our primary issues and areas for growth. Together, we put together a social media campaign to move forward with. Their team also made adjustments to our website and enabled online scheduling for our office. We review their work and modify our approach with them.

At any given point, we’re working with 2–3 people. Josh (Managing Partner, DEKSIA) is our main contact, but Lauren (Digital Specialist, DEKSIA) and Monica (Account Manager, DEKSIA) also support us throughout the project.

How did you come to work with DEKSIA?

I’m a part of the same entrepreneur group as Josh, so I had built trust and confidence in him and his team through that connection. After the unsatisfying experience with the previous vendor, I was excited to work with a team that I knew and believed in.

We’ve spent over $40,000 on their services.

Our engagement with Deksia has been ongoing since November 2017.

Since starting our work with DEKSIA, we’ve seen a significant increase in new customers for our company. The patient call volume has substantially grown, and our Google Analytics shows the overall improvement of our business.

How did DEKSIA perform from a project management standpoint?

They have been incredibly responsive. I’m able to message their team and get an answer quickly. We also have frequent check-ins and scheduled meetings to review our progress and make any adjustments.

They’ve delivered the measurable, substantial results they promised, which not all vendors can do. They’re a fantastic team.

I think they’re great, so there’s nothing they could do better.

Be open to new ideas and forthright in your expectations.