Business Intelligence & Award Winning Creative

Deksia is a branding agency that has been successfully developing companies for the past decade. We frame comprehensive brand identities based on appropriate market and company evaluation. Deksia clients receive innovative design, ideas, strategy, and process. Our execution of greatness is made possible because of company structure and selection therein. Each member is carefully chosen to compliment the others, resulting in an experienced, multi-talented organization.

$5,000

Grand Rapids, MI 49507
    616.570.8111

BP, Uber, Visa, Samsung,Twitter, Stāfast, Veenstra's, Falcon Homes, Yello,

Marketing Collateral for Home Restoration Company

"I have a professional brand, for which I give Deksia a lot of credit."

2013 - Ongoing

Deksia has worked to improve the company's corporate image and marketing collateral for more than 4 years to improve sales and market to larger customers.

Grand Rapids, Michigan Area
Owner, Home Restoration Company

Deksia is complimented for helping the client double revenue for several years running and creating a professional image that makes the client appear as a much larger brand. Deksia is recommended for marketing work.

John Grace Home Restoration handles insurance claims, dry-outs, rebuilding and cleanups after fires and floods. I am the owner of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

I needed to make my business look more professional and get more jobs from the people we were marketing to. We obtain new business and handle marketing differently from other industries.

Deksia provided a simple brand package for my company, including business cards, a simple website, and marketing material like shirts, hats, and printouts that we could go door-to-door with.

We get most of our business through direct referrals, so we're not trying to market to the public. Deksia did set up a Facebook page for us, but we haven't actively tried to continue its growth.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I knew Deksia's owners, and they had a good reputation in their field. I met with them and explained my needs. We began working together after that meeting, and I didn't consider any other companies.

How much have you invested with Deksia?

We paid $5,000 upfront for the initial simple development of our brand. On a yearly basis, we write checks of $3,000 or more to Deksia, for additional material.

We started working with Deksia 4 or 5 years ago [2011 or 2012], and we have an ongoing relationship.

I had a meeting with Deksia about branding before even setting up my business. After this, I continued to use Deksia for marketing for 3 years. I have a professional brand, for which I give Deksia a lot of credit. Most people think that we're a franchise, even though we're only a small company in Grand Rapids [Michigan]. We've doubled in size every year since I started using Deksia.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

I think that it's difficult for Deksia to place an exact budget on our work. Many times, we've opened up cans of worms and had to work much more than initially anticipated, but Deksia stuck to the budgets quoted to me. When I first started using Deksia, they weren't using any collaboration software. This may have changed since then.

What did you find most impressive about Deksia?

Deksia's owners are very confident. Once I sit down with them, I will trust that they know what they're talking about. Even if I have a vision for the work, it will typically change through the process. Right from our first meeting, Deksia told me what I needed done, and how much to spend. I ended that meeting in total agreement with them. Deksia has a good understanding of what it takes to grow a business.

Are there any areas Deksia could improve?

Deksia should learn to work with other companies. They have a take-it-or-leave-it mentality, which sometimes works against them. It hasn't happened in my case, but with people I've referred to Deksia. Some people need a bit of hand-holding on the front-end in order to come to an understanding.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Deksia?

I advise clients to be open-minded during the initial meetings. Many people growing a business think that they know what's best, but it's not always the case. Having an open mind will let them take a lot away from a discussion.

Overall Score I'm very satisfied with everything done by Deksia.
    Every time I call Deksia with a new task, I can expect to have it ready 5 days later. There aren't many businesses running like clockwork like Deksia.
    Whenever I hire them, a part of me will think the service is expensive, but I've always been shocked at how much I've gotten back by simply investing in the quality of material made by Deksia.
    Everything produced by Deksia knocked our target audience out of the park.
    I have recommended Deksia, but I don't think that those people went into the meetings open minded, but rather expecting to demand what they needed from the branding company.

Marketing and Branding for Manufacturer

"Deksia stuck to our budget and timeline. ... Deksia will go over and above in order to deliver what was promised."

Jun. 2016 - Ongoing

Deksia works with the client to produce high-quality marketing materials for manufacturing trade shows including an accompanying website and collateral to drive new business.

Grand Rapids, Michigan Area
Operations Manager, Manufacturer

Deksia is complimented for producing a huge amount of great work on time and on budget with great client service. Deksia is recommended for marketing projects.

Hurricane Inc. is a manufacturing company. I am the operations manager of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We needed help with marketing and branding.

Deksia is currently building a new website for our company as well as promotional, branding, and trade show items. Deksia brought in some new elements to our brand and many innovative uses of products for our trade show. Deksia set up our trade show booth in a preview facility before taking it to the final location.

We've worked with anywhere between 12 and 24 people from Deksia's team. Most of our conversations were with Deksia's owners, and they also assigned a project manager to us.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I received a referral from a client of Deksia.

We started working with Deksia at the beginning of June 2016 and have an ongoing contract.

We're planning to attend a trade show this month [October 2016], and most of our metrics will come as a result of it. The website is planned to launch on the same day as our new product. Personally, I find that Deksia has hit 95 percent of the work out of the park.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

Deksia stuck to our budget and timeline. We mainly communicated through email, phone, and personal visits.

What did you find most impressive about Deksia?

Deksia will go over and above in order to deliver what was promised.

Are there any areas Deksia could improve?

They're not without fault, but I can't think of anything to improve on Deksia's side. A piece of our project was not delivered at the specified time, so Deksia's team flew out personally in order to bring it to us.

The only advice I can give is for clients to work with Deksia.

The communication was good.
    We're a bit over budget.

Marketing Projects for Insurance Company

"Deksia has been understanding of our particular needs and very flexible. We receive a lot positive of feedback for our business cards and logo."

2011 - Ongoing

Deksia is working with an insurance company to improve brand image and marketing collateral to compete in today's crowded marketplace and attract image-focused clients.

Greater New York City Area
VP of Sales, Insurance Company

Deksia receives compliments for providing great business cards, a strong logo, and having an overall passion for creative work. Deksia is recommended for creative engagements.

We are an insurance agency. I am the vice president in charge of outside sales for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We needed to grow our presence with customers.

Deksia has developed our WordPress website, designed our company logo, business cards, envelopes and other print material, and helped setup our Facebook page. I know that Deksia offers SEO [search engine optimization] services, but we haven't set up anything specific for our website.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I'd known Deksia's owners for more than 30 years and knew that this job would be perfect for them. They have a lot of passion, which is the main reason for continuing to work with Deksia.

How much have you invested with Deksia?

The cost of Deksia's services has been between $1,200 and $1,500 per year.

We started working with Deksia 6 years ago [in 2012] and have an ongoing relationship.

Deksia has been understanding of our particular needs and very flexible. We receive a lot positive of feedback for our business cards and logo. Our new website isn't live yet, but I think that it will be a big hit.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

Our account manager has been very thorough and responded quickly.

What did you find most impressive about Deksia?

I appreciate the passion that Deksia's owners have for creative work and for making customers happy.

Are there any areas Deksia could improve?

It has been hard to understand Deksia's invoices at times.

Clients should take in the advice provided by Deksia. They have a good grasp for what people like.

Overall Score I never give perfect ratings.
    I am completely satisfied with the project management.
    Deksia honored the quoted prices.
    Deksia has a great creative team.
    I would recommend Deksia to anyone.

Marketing & Branding for Custom Home Builder

"I appreciated Deksia's ability to come up with creative, outside-the-box ideas relating to our specific product that I would not have thought of on my own."

Ongoing

Deksia was hired to create marketing and branding materials for the client, such as business cards, letterheads, uniforms, and logos. The working relationship started years ago and is ongoing.

Principal, Falcon Custom Homes

The client is very satisfied with the marketing and branding work done by Deksia, which has all been creative yet consistent in building the client's brand. Deksia was praised for their responsiveness, timeliness, and creativity in producing unique ideas.

Falcon Custom Homes is responsible for building homes in the Grand Rapids, Michigan, area. I am the principal, responsible for all construction-related activities from contract signing to turning the keys over to the client.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We needed help creating marketing and branding material for our company.

Deksia was hired to create all of the marketing and branding for Falcon Custom Homes, e.g., business cards, letterheads, uniforms, truck logos, the layout and design of the estimates that we provide to clients, and QuickBooks invoices. Deksia has also worked on our website and provided anything else related to marketing and branding for the company.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I've known Deksia's owners as friends for a while. We went in that direction because I had faith in Deksia's ability to do what we needed to do to reach our goals.

How much have you invested with Deksia?

The total cost of Deksia's services has been above $200,000 over many years.

We started working with Deksia shortly after they were formed as a company. We have signed a contract recently for material to be completed by the end of 2016, and are also working with Deksia on a marketing plan for 2017.

All of our material is consistent, and Deksia has worked on the entirety of our branding. If we publish a magazine article, for example, Deksia will put it together using the same colors, fonts, and details. They're cutting edge on what they do and how they do it and have kept us reeled into our brand identity, making sure that the information that we put out is consistent. We can thus be recognized just by our logo, instead of having to go through the details of what our company is.

I can't state particular examples of what Deksia has done for us. Marketing is a non-tangible resource. We can spend many dollars, and not know where our business is coming from. We have seen an increased workload in the past few years, but we can't know if this is because the housing market is better, because of our efforts in creating a consistent brand, or a combination of the two.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

Deksia typically met our expectations and the set deadlines, as long as we were able to provide the information that we promised. Deksia is readily available when they're needed, be it answering invoice concerns or reworking some material based on our requests. Deksia took time to explain what they're doing and why and have the backend research to support their claims.

I'm sure that Deksia uses an in-house collaboration software, but I wasn't privy to it. We simply communicate through phone calls, emails, and text messages.

What did you find most impressive about Deksia?

I appreciated Deksia's ability to come up with creative, outside-the-box ideas relating to our specific product that I would not have thought of on my own. Deksia created unique materials with a sense of character that, at the same time, still stick to our branding and identity.

Are there any areas Deksia could improve?

In my line of business, I am responsible for any mistakes made, so this is the mindset that I've gained over the years. Deksia is a time and materials company, so if they make a clerical or grammatical mistake or something doesn't pass the inspection process, we will get billed on the backend. I'm also not paying for the fluff factor, though, and there hasn't been anything else so detrimental as to make us stop using Deksia.

Clients should just sit back and let Deksia use its creativity and expertise in what it does, instead of stifling the team by throwing too much of their two-cents-worth.

Overall Score The only negative I could give on Deksia is more of a personal preference regarding time and materials.
    There was never a deadline that Deksia didn't meet.
    This goes back to the time and materials issue.
    The work produced by Deksia has a sense of continuity to it and is done in a high-quality manner; our end-results exceeded expectations.
    Deksia produced great work for me, and they'd take care of most other people in need of their services.

Rebrand & Digital Marketing for Landscape Company

"[Deksia]'re all engaged and dive right into our company as if it was their own."

Deksia did a rebrand of two of the client’s companies, renaming one, and provided website redesign and SEO services.

General Manager, Procare

Deksia’s work has received very positive feedback from the client’s customers, and the client has seen a substantial increase in the number of leads generated by their website. The client also credits Deksia with a number of jobs they have won since the rebrand’s completion.

We are Procure Landscape and Chop Tree Service. We have two different companies. We are in the commercial landscape management business as well as full-scale tree removal and tree care. Between the two companies, we can do everything on the outside grounds for a commercial property.

What are your position and responsibilities, please?

My role at the company is general manager. My responsibilities are sales, marketing, and making sure my team continues to excel at their positions.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We didn't have any real understanding of marketing or a real marketing plan. Our tree company had the same name as our landscape company, so we had some confusion in the marketplace about whether we were a landscape company or a tree company. We needed someone to help us out with all that.

We rebranded and renamed our tree company and started rebranding our landscape company. We've had the same brand for 25 years and decided to do something different. Deksia also helped us with getting the tree company more visible on the Internet. They improved our SEO [search engine optimization] capabilities and developed different strategies to bring in more leads and more business. They redesigned both of our websites for both companies.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I think the owners of Deksia ran into us some time in the past; I honestly don't remember when. We set up a meeting with them. They came in, proposed some ideas, and we started to explore working together. One thing led to another. We felt comfortable with them and their team and decided to move forward.

We have spent between $10,000 and $50,000 working with Deksia.

The initial project took probably a year, but we continue to use their services. I think this is our fourth year with Deksia. They continue to be our go-to agency for everything on the marketing side of things.

Could you share any statistics, metrics or other feedback from this engagement?

I don't have exact numbers, but what I can say is that the quality of their work has been exceptional. We get many calls, emails and comments from both clients and nonclients on the rebranding and the website development. Often, we win jobs just based on our brand and logo because they are unique, different, and stylish.

Deksia has also definitely increased our presence on the Internet, keeping us at the top of our category. We recently did a three-month study on the leads we were getting from the Internet through our website. We've seen a substantial increase over the last couple of years with that as well.

What distinguishes Deksia from other providers?

I think the biggest thing that sets Deksia apart is their team. They're all engaged and dive right into our company as if it was their own. They enjoy working with us, and we feel like they're a part of our company.

Is there anything Deksia could have improved or done differently?

Right now, we're pretty happy. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything.

Overall Score I feel very fortunate that we found Deksia.
    The cost has been extremely reasonable.
    The quality is phenomenal.
    I already have referred them.

Branding & Video Production for Nonprofit

"I am very impressed they could get our video produced without cost on time with such high quality. Deksia is fantastic for our needs."

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

With the goal of increasing awareness, the client hired Deskia to provide branding services which included work on a logo, business cards, and a promotional video.

East Lansing, MI
CEO & Founder, Shining Light

Deksia performs well as the client’s partner by consistently delivering quality work and making valuable connections. The client has no complaints for Deksia’s performance and highly recommends the agency to others.

We are a nonprofit organization. We empower women in Tanzania, teaching them job skills as well as offering information about employment, healthcare, money management, and business management. Through this, they can go out and become self-sustaining.

I am the founder and director of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

Deksia is helping us get the word out, letting new people hear about us in order for our organization to grow a database. I feel that the best way to do this is to create a professional and powerful video to draw into people's emotions.

Deksia agreed with our plan and prioritized finding a pro bono video producer. I am confident that the video along with a website that allows donations will be a gamechanger for us.

They've also offered branding services, targeting the portions of the market that we desire. This included a new logo, business cards, and so on. They've helped us with presentations and web design. They've also produced a video for us pro bono. Deksia made a survey in order to determine how the public wanted to share their charitable dollars.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

I heard about them from a personal referral. We decided to work with them because they could work within our budget. They also share our vision for the organization and were willing to help because they agree with our principles.

We expect to spend around $20,000 to $30,000 for their services within our first year. Obviously, our budget is limited because we are a small, new non-profit. The value of the services rendered is much higher than our costs.

We started working with Deksia in November 2015. The work is ongoing. Even though we're still in the beginning stages, they've done a lot for us. We'll soon be launching our new branding.

Deksia is always there to answer our questions, and they move as fast as we can move. We've greatly appreciated the effort they made to get a video producer for us.

How did Deksia perform from a project management standpoint?

Deksia is very connected in the industry and is able to make things happen quickly and smoothly. I am very impressed they could get our video produced without cost on time with such high quality. Deksia is fantastic for our needs.

What distinguishes Deksia from other providers?

They're personable and treat everyone with a unique touch, no matter how many clients they have. We've always felt that we're their only concern.

Is there anything Deksia could have improved or done differently?

We're still in the beginning of our work. I have no complaints so far.

Overall Score Everything they've done has been fantastic so far.
    We get tremendous value and special pricing because they believe in our vision for the world and improving women's lives in Africa.
    I am really impressed by their connections in the industry and the quality of video production that they helped us procure.

Rebrand for Auto Services Company

"I have complete trust and confidence in Deksia."

Dec. 2015 - Ongoing

Deksia did a complete rebrand of the client’s business, including designing a new logo and providing SEO services.

President, Veenstra's Garage Inc

Deksia’s work has received positive feedback from the client’s customers and has resulted in the client’s business consistently showing up on the first page of results for related searches. The client notes that they are particularly impressed by Deksia’s comprehensive process.

My company is Veenstra's Garage Incorporated. We are a third-generation family auto repair business in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'm president of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We're an old business, and we felt we were falling behind our competitors in terms of look and curb appeal. Our logo and brand were outdated, and we had little-to-no online presence.

They had a very concrete process that we went through. It started with an evaluation of our current brand and the way we were perceived in the community. After that, they began working on a brand guide with a new logo and other marketing materials. The strategy behind the brand guide was to leverage the company's history and local appeal with a clean and modern look that customers are looking for in an auto shop. The last step was to revamp our online presence.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

They actually reached out to me and their marketing was good enough to get my attention. I think the main thing that impressed me was they showcased previous work that they had completed for companies that I knew and respected. We set up a meeting, and I was impressed with the look and feel of the other brands Deksia had created. I was also impressed with how comprehensive their process was.

We've spent between $50,000 and $100,000 with Deksia through the course of several projects.

We've worked with Deksia for close to three years [as of December 2015]. The work has come in fits and starts. It began with the rebrand and logo. It continued with the website, and now we are beginning work on some different marketing efforts.

Obviously, the subjective feedback has been very positive. Everyone loves our new look. It's hard to give you hard metrics – 2014 was our best year ever, but we're down a little in 2015. Personally, I don't look at it as much as how much business we've gained by the new look, but more how much business have we not lost because of the updates.

The one area I can give you hard metrics for is SEO [search engine optimization]. Before Deksia's work, we were not showing up at all in Google searches and so on. Now, I'm consistently showing up well on the first page.

What distinguishes Deksia from other providers?

You can find many people out there to work on your brand, and help you with SEO. However, it's difficult to find someone that you can actually believe in. I have complete trust and confidence in Deksia.

Is there anything Deksia could have improved or done differently?

That's a hard one. I think that he has kept in touch with me well and even done some unique things. He knows some of the things I enjoy doing, so we've done some meetings in nontraditional ways like kayaking down the Rogue River here together while talking through some things. I don't have anything negative. Of course, I'd like it to cost a lot less, but that's just the way it is.

Their estimates are right on, but it's just so difficult to measure the value in dollar terms. I definitely feel that their work is helping us, but it's hard to know exactly how much.

Rebrand for Waste Disposal Company

"I felt like [Deksia] were on my side as a small business owner."

Jan. 2013 - Ongoing

Deksia provided the client with naming, branding, and digital marketing services to help facilitate a merger between the client’s existing company and another that they had recently acquired.

Operations Manager, Yello Dumpster

Deksia’s work has helped the client to go from being an unknown name to one of the leading and trusted companies in their area. The client was particularly impressed by Deksia’s comprehensive research stage at the beginning of the rebranding process.

Yello Dumpster is a roll-off Dumpster company.

What is your role at the company?

I am the operations manager

What business challenge were you trying to address with Deksia?

We had recently acquired another Dumpster company. My company needed a complete brand overhaul to facilitate the merger of the two companies. We wanted to establish ourselves as a new company with an easy, approachable process for the customer.

The rebranding process included an intense research stage where Deksia interviewed me and the other shareholders within my company, talked to current and potential clients, and audited our competitors.

From there, Deksia laid the foundation for my company's brand, including the name "Yello Dumpster," the tagline, tone of voice, fonts, and colors.

From there, we have used Deksia consistently for our advertising needs: direct mail pieces, brochures, business cards, online digital advertising, and more.

The technologies they used include, but are not limited to, online surveys, AdWords, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.

How did you come to work with Deksia?

Deksia came highly referred by a trusted colleague.

It was between $50,000 and $100,000.

The main branding work began in January 2013, but we continue to work with Deksia for various advertising and marketing needs.

We have seen many results from our work with Deksia. Our brand has a credible foundation, and the company has gone from being an unknown name to one of the leading and trusted waste disposal companies within the Greater West Michigan area.

To get into specific metrics, on a monthly basis, we receive approximately 25 to 30 qualified leads from online advertising, which is managed by Deksia.

In addition, an important part of the brand they built for us, and the way we run our business today is about ease of use and friendly customer service. Because of that, we receive many referrals throughout the community.

What distinguishes Deksia from other providers?

Deksia has a unique focus on business intelligence that you don't often come across. As entrepreneurs themselves, they understand the challenges of owning a company, and I felt like they were on my side as a small business owner.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve, or things you might do differently?

They could improve on communication - at times, I wish they would've reached out more often to give me updates on the status of projects.