Top Rated Mobile App and Web Development Company

We’ve worked with 300+ startups, small to medium sized enterprises and top brands from 15+ different countries. We've been empowering them with our digital intelligence and expertise over the past 10 years. We have successfully delivered 1000+ Swift and Agile web and mobile apps spread among 12+ industries.

We deliver the right business outcomes 4X faster than our competitors and help our clients monetize more effectively by producing state of the art, high performance and cost-effective technology solutions.

Awards and Recognition:

# Ranked among Top 10 Atlanta Mobile Application Development Firms on Clutch.Co

# Acknowledged as Top Mobile App Development Companies by Extract.co

# Awarded as one of the Top 20 Most Promising Web Design and Development Companies

# Recognized as Top mobile app development companies by Upcity

Client Satisfaction:

If you are looking for confirmation of the quality of our services, see below for testimonial from our satisfied clients: https://youtu.be/irLxN8R-I68

2007
  • 1390 Market St #200,
    San Francisco, CA 94102
  • 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1101
    Los Angeles, CA 90024

Corning Gorilla Glass, Kripalu, Walmart, Get Momentum, Growth Oracle, Get Altitude, MOBE, WIRED, Condenast, University of Massachusetts Amherst, ONTRAPORT, In Touch EMR, Spotify, Gym Source

Android & iOS Development for App Company

"We're extremely pleased with their communication and deliverables."

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Dedicated Developers is developing Android and iOS apps that connect users from different cities.

Atlanta, Georgia
Project Manager, Social Connection Apps

Currently in its second stage of development, the app meets every initial expectation. Dedicated Developers impresses with their proactive approach, extensive UX knowledge, and seamless project management. They issue frequent updates and offer helpful advice.

I'm the project manager and Scrum master at Social Connection Apps. We build cross-platform social media apps that connect people from different cities with visitors. I lead project management and act as the Scrum master for this product.

For what projects/services did your company hire Dedicated Developers?

We hired Dedicated Developers to create a mobile app for iOS and Android.

We wanted to develop a social media app that was regionally focused and differentiated from other platforms. Its users help visitors in their own city and receive advice in cities they visit.

We found Dedicated Developers on Google and met at their office. They were extremely professional from the outset of our conversations, and were clearly the right fit for our project.

They are building an app for iOS and Android that connects people from different cities. It collects location and inquiry data from each user and properly connects them.

The team includes an Android developer, an iOS developer, a graphic designer, a backend developer, and a project manager.

We're extremely happy and satisfied with their work. We are now in the second phase of development, and there will definitely be more. We would like to continue with Dedicated Developers. We're extremely pleased with their communication and deliverables.

They use a highly intuitive, state-of-the-art cloud-based project management system. We track every deliverable, goal, benchmark, and time log. It's easy to keep the project moving and stay up-to-date on their progress.

I appreciate our regular communication with the developers, along with their ability to take directions and execute the details of our app. On a few occasions, they have taken the lead and showed our team the best course of action. They knew how to build a great UX.

They're spot on. I don’t have any complaints.

Overall Score Dedicated Developers’ team is skilled and professional. They have very impressive design team.
    Very easy.
    They provide great value throughout project execution.
    The quality is excellent.
    I would definitely refer Dedicated Developers to a friend or colleague.

iOS App Dev for Kayaking Navigation Tool

“Dedicated Developers brought their own ideas and expertise to the table, resulting in a robust final product.”

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Dedicated Developers created an iOS app for kayaking navigation. They continue to support the app with updates and maintenance.

Hicksville, New York
Kyle Wendel
Owner, Wendel Technologies Inc.

The app has received high ratings in the App Store, and is experiencing steady growth in downloads. The Dedicated Developers team’s technical background and creativity made for a fulfilling collaboration.

I’m the owner of Paddle Partner, a navigation app for canoe and kayak enthusiasts.

For what projects/services did your company hire Dedicated Developers?

I needed help in developing our iOS app.

I wanted to launch the app into the world of paddling enthusiasts.

After finding them online, I set up a business at their office. They presented a roadmap for the development, and we discussed the project. I was impressed by their technical knowledge and ability to understand what I wanted from the app.

They developed the user-interface with UX/UI functionalities, and the app allows users to create geo-location maps. Their team implemented features to show details of rivers and other routes. They’ve continued to upgrade the app by adding new functionalities and improving older elements based on customer feedback.

They’ve assigned a project manager, two iOS developers, two PHP developers, and one designer.

Thanks to Dedicated Developers, we now have increased visibility and authority in our industry. The app was well-received—we’ve received multiple five-star ratings in the app store, and the number of downloads is steadily increasing.

They primarily use Teamwork for project planning and communicating. We are easily able to contact the developers and track progress in the same system, so we’re regularly in contact.

Dedicated Developers brought their own ideas and expertise to the table, resulting in a robust final product. They are pleasant to work with and continuously keep me involved in their progress; I’m satisfied to be working with them.

Overall Score They continuously pursue client satisfaction and are always up for a challenge.
    Scheduling is easy with them; we always know what stage we’re at in the project.
    For the price I paid, I received immense value.
    The quality of their work is excellent and impressive.
    I would refer them to anyone looking to create an app or website.

Mobile App and Web Development for Online Marketer

"When I assign a project to them, I know that it will be done."

Dedicated Developers acts as a third-party vendor, handling mobile app and backend development work for several ongoing projects. They create scalable products and are skilled in iOS and Android development.

Winchester, West Virginia
Owner, Web Design and Marketing Firm

A wider range of services can be offered to clients thanks to their contributions. Having Dedicated Developers onboard allows internal staff to focus on their strengths while they handle all development work. Highlights include their proactive approach, consistent reporting, and responsiveness.

I’m the CEO of a branding, marketing strategy, and web and mobile app design company. We not only build beautiful and functional products for our clients but also create web experiences tailored to their audience.

For what projects/services did your company hire Dedicated Developers?

We had several ongoing projects we needed help with. I needed a solid team that can handle both Android and iOS app development as well as backend development.

Our objective was to have them tackle our development needs for our various clients.

I was introduced to Dedicated Developers via a mutual friend. After that, I met their owners at various industry events and eventually at their office in New York. We had numerous productive discussions about my business and how I could leverage their team’s skills. I became convinced that they were exactly the type of team I was looking for.

They’ve supported my client’s projects with Android and iOS app development across many different applications. They’ve also handled backend development to make everything work without issues.

We recently launched an app for an online retailer, which was successful. They took care of all of the minute details and built the app with a scalable architecture, allowing my client to have flexibility as they continue to add more features and products to their app. The app was quickly approved in both iOS and Android stores, and our client was pleased with the end results.

I usually have a project manager across various projects. Currently, there’s a team of two developers assigned who handle Android, iOS, PHP and frontend development. The project manager is my main point of contact; I talk to individual developers only when necessary.

The services I can provide to my clients are beyond what I would've been able to do without them. My schedule is more balanced from a personal standpoint. I'm also enjoying doing the part of my business that is my strength and leaving technology development to Dedicated Developers, who perfectly understand my vision.

We use Teamwork for project management, which allows us to communicate all tasks and feedback.

Their proactive communication and flexibility are great. They send timely reports that I then pass on to my clients. This helps boost my clients' confidence in me. Furthermore, one of the developers they assigned was more adept and insightful than I expected, which was a very nice surprise.

No, I can't think of anything.

Overall Score When I assign a project to them, I know that it will be done.
    It’s super easy to schedule a meeting with them.
    Their price is competitive.
    They are responsive, professional, and helpful.
    I’ve already referred them to many of my colleagues.

UI/UX & Web Dev for Montessori Academy

"The sites reflect the team’s phenomenal ideas. "

Dedicated Developers is designing and developing multiple websites using WordPress, HTML, and CSS. The sites are mobile-responsive and have calendar and events integrations.

CTO, Montessori Organization

The websites have earned positive feedback for their convenience and streamlined design. The team delivered thorough UI/UX designs and provides insightful advice. Regular communication and dedicated project management tools make the partnership effective for scalable development.

I'm the CTO of a series of Association Montessori International (AMI) certified Montessori school. Our schools are located throughout multiple states.

My job is to provide the latest technology to the schools and I'm also responsible for building state of the art websites for the schools.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dedicated Developers?

We've been in business for quite some time and needed better UI/UX for our websites.

The team designed the UI/UX and developed sites with HTML, CSS, and WordPress. Their blueprinting process started with ideation and guiding us through documentation which outlined the website’s look. Dedicated Developers then put together wireframes and action plans with several accompanying suggestions.

For example, they brought in the idea that when a new prospective client is looking for a school, there should be an automatic booking process for appointments. They also came back with a couple of great ideas for how to maintain the school calendar and integrate events directly. They brought these things into the technology stack.

They gave us a decent sized team. We have a UI/UX designer, a developer, and a QA person that does all the testing and bug fixing. We also have a project manager.

How did you come to work with Dedicated Developers?

We had a lot of hits and misses with other companies before we found Dedicated Developers. Those vendors had built sites with cookie-cutter templates and didn’t put their heart into the work. We wanted a company that really got it.

However, at that time, we weren’t looking for a provider as we were content with our current web design company. However, I met one of Dedicated Developer’s clients at a networking event and they spoke very highly about them and the team’s experience. That conversation intrigued me, so I visited their office and met their development team. We had a couple of meetings prior to our first engagement. The team’s thorough and scientific approach impressed us.

We’ve spent close to $40,000.

We began working with them in January 2018 and the relationship is ongoing.

They've already delivered quite a few websites for multiple schools. The partnership is ongoing because we're growing the company and have a constant need to keep the websites updated as new schools come up.

The sites reflect the team’s phenomenal ideas. They’ve boosted our appeal and a lot of parents love that they can take care of all their needs through the site, as well as get daily updates. The app works on a range of mobile devices while the well-designed website speaks to our commitment to quality education. As a result, we can sell the school much more easily. And now that we’re streamlined internally, the business is saving money in staffing and our operations are much lighter.

How did Dedicated Developers perform from a project management standpoint?

They use Teamwork, which makes our life much easier. We can see with complete visibility how the team tracks work and invests time into each activity. We send direct messages via the dashboard to the design team or development team, which eliminates lengthy email changes. The project manager has a progress calls on either a weekly or biweekly basis.

Although they don't specialize in website content, we needed some help with content development because we could only write so much. Out of the blue, they offered to have their experienced in-house content writer help us, even though that isn’t something they offer to clients. Having everything done under one roof makes our life so much easier because we're so busy.

The team’s blueprints enabled us to see their commitment while investing a minimal level of time. They went to great depths to create the blueprint and that deliverable was a game-changer for us. Overall, it's been a pleasant experience from communication, project management, design, and development perspectives. Our previous vendor didn’t handle project management as well.

It would be good if they offered more services such as content marketing and social media marketing. I know they do those on an as-needed basis because it isn’t their main area.

Prospective clients should request a blueprint because it shows how thorough the UI/UX designs are. The team is great at putting ideas to paper and documenting the process. The documentation gave us a sense of who they are. What’s more, they ask a lot of questions and give advice about which technologies to use. The company’s executive managers are also developers and they leverage that expertise in their suggestions.

iOS Proof of Concept for Carpooling Application

“They were easy to work with and helpful.”

April - May 2018

Dedicated Developers built a proof of concept for an app that would allow users to organize carpools for weekend trips.

Fair Haven, New Jersey
Lloyd Brown
Founder, NumiNav

The POC received positive feedback, thanks to Dedicated Developers’ expertise. Despite the language barrier, they delivered high-quality work and excelled at customer service.

I’m the founder of an app meant to connect people who are planning weekend trips with others who would be traveling in the same direction. Users can try to find carpools through the app, as other users can see their driving route.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dedicated Developers?

I needed someone to develop a proof of concept (POC) for my idea.

I asked them to build me a POC to show what my app could do. After I sent them my wireframes, Vishal (Founder/CEO, Dedicated Developers) helped me come up with several good ideas. We also worked out the scope and budget. The first version of the app is for iOS, but it will eventually be available for Android as well.

I spoke with the project manager, a designer, a coder, and Vishal. Other people were working on the project, but I didn’t talk to them directly.

How did you come to work with Dedicated Developers?

I did an internet search and called several local and non-local vendors. When I called Dedicated, we were able to set up a meeting in person. A lot of the other places wanted to do it over the phone, but I wasn’t looking for that. That’s what made me feel more comfortable about hiring them.

I spent $6,000 on their services.

We worked together from April 2018 until May 2018. It took them 5–6 weeks to complete the POC.

Dedicated did what I asked for. Generally, people have been impressed with the POC and say that it’s excellent. I feel confident about moving forward with the next steps of the project.

How did Dedicated Developers perform from a project management standpoint?

It was all pretty straightforward. We used their dashboard to communicate weekly. They would quickly send someone to talk to me if I had a question. There were a few times I had to reach out to them multiple times in a row.

They were flexible and met my specific needs, given the price and the type of project I gave them. Plus, they were easy to work with and helpful. I got good value.

The only thing I’d suggest is to have someone who could clean up the communication between the people here and the team working in India. Fortunately, we were able to explain things to each other, so the language barrier didn’t get in the way.

Web Design, iOS, & Android Dev for Mobile Phone Repair Company

“Their approach is unique and refreshing. They make every idea better and more functional.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Dedicated Developers updated a website and built an iOS and Android app. They integrated features like chat and location services to streamline the business. They finished the initial project and are doing updates.

Georgia, United States
CEO, Mobile Phone Repair Company

Dedicate Developers listened to what was needed and crafted a project scope to meet those requirements. They proactively collaborated to enhance the product, suggesting multiple features that would improve its usability. Their team is friendly and organized, making them a great partner.

I'm The CEO and owner of a mobile phone repair company. We fix all types of mobile phones with water damage and broken or shattered screens. We have technicians who can go out to clients and fix their phones on-site.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dedicated Developers?

I needed to update my website and create a mobile app to streamline my business. I wanted an Android and iOS app to make and receive work requests, track parts, and facilitate communication.

I had a general idea of what I wanted the app to look like, and Dedicated Developers listened to that. They provided insights on particular features—how to improve them, how they’d function in reality, what the workflow would look like. We iterated back and forth on the overall layout, and then they presented a detailed scope of work. They also updated my website.

The app allows my technicians to see and accept jobs based on their location. They can also see what the repair is and if they have the right parts for it. If not, Dedicated Developers created an internal messaging system in the app for the technicians to talk to one another, so they can see if a nearby technician has the part. They can also talk with my office administrator, who will let them know if we have the part in the store. The app also allows the client and technician to communicate. Once the technician takes a job, they can let the client know how long it will be until they arrive and other things like that.

They provided a graphic designer and three developers: Android, iOS, and web.

We’ve spent $40,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since October 2017, and the work is ongoing.

We finished the initial phase and are now working on enhancements based on customer feedback. Dedicated Developers has handled the requests well, and the plan is to develop a long-term relationship with them.

My business has grown since the app launched, and both the Android and iOS versions are heavily used by customers and technicians. The website is a lot clearer and more transparent, which has increased the number of requests coming through it. Customers are happy with the site improvements and the new app, and I’m happy with Dedicated Developers’ work.

How did Dedicated Developers perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m pleased with their state of the art project management. All of their developers send daily updates, which I can track and see what’s been done and what’s left. They’ve broken down each project into smaller tasks, making it easy to follow the progress. We use Skype for conference calls, a screengrab tool so I can send them recordings of any issues, and a project management tool to record communication.

I appreciate their consulting approach. With other companies, they’ll just do what you tell them and not put any thought into the work. With Dedicated Developers, they go the extra mile and suggest how certain features could be improved. They proactively participate in the dev, offering solutions to make the workflow more convenient, the UI more seamless, and the process less confusing. Their approach is unique and refreshing. They make every idea better and more functional.

They’re a hardworking and fantastic team. We have a positive working relationship, and they always get the job done. I couldn’t ask for anything better.

They’re a one-stop shop for excellent dev work. Just talk to them and tell them what you need. They’ll be honest and let you know upfront what they can and can’t do.

They never missed a deadline.
    I got more value than what I thought I'd get. They stuck to project estimates.
    They did a fantastic job.
    I’d highly recommend them.

Backend Development for Independent Consulting Business

"They value their clients and take interest in my success."

2015 - Ongoing

Dedicated Developers assisted with multiple development projects, including an automated business consulting software, WordPress templates, copyright management tools, and a payment gateway.

Ireland
Niall Strickland
CEO, GrowthOracle

Every product functions smoothly and generates significant profit. Dedicated Development delivers tight, proactive project management and exceptional value for money. The team develops ingenious solutions and communicates clearly and consistently, functioning as as seamlessly as an internal team.

I’m the CEO of GrowthOracle, a management consulting business. I’ve used my 20 years of business experience to build a repository of information and automate some of our consulting processes into software.

My other company is an educational business that provides tutorial materials for Irish high school students. The two businesses effectively provide electronic products to virtual markets.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dedicated?

We needed help with multiple backend development projects.

Dedicated has done all the backend work for two vertical products. I started by writing a functional specification of what I required for both product sets. One is for small and medium business owners, and the other one is for management consulting practices. I tend to not pursue business with larger firms.

Basically, these products automate the business analysis process and allow other consultants to use my software. They can complete early analysis, figure out what the business is missing, and determine its needs by benchmarking it against best practices. It’s a white label model that other consultants can use under their own brand. They can use the software to perform business analysis on potential clients without revealing that a third party is involved.

The second product is an educational tool focused on students who are completing state exams in Ireland. They designed a backend system that will protect the copyright of the materials that we produce and allow us to fulfill customer orders without any human intervention. I’ve automated that whole process on both of those products.

We just upgraded the education system’s backend with a brand-new dashboard and a whole new set of metrics. They build templates that allow me to build add any WordPress website to the existing infrastructure using a turnkey turnaround. I have another e-commerce website that incorporates full reporting capabilities. That’s built into the application.

They’ve integrated our product log-ins with the backend of multiple WordPress sites. Right now I have two trading entities on that platform, but there are no restrictions on the amount that I can have.

They also integrated a new payment gateway with Stripe. I’ve been with PayPal before and I don’t like the way they operate.

I tend to work with 2 or 3 core developers within the firm. The project manager on the business side, Vikas [COO & Co-Founder, Dedicated Developers], was my main contact if I had any development issues. When we were scoping out and pricing the project, I always dealt with Vikas. I worked with their lead developer on a daily basis.

How did you come to work with Dedicated?

I built earlier versions of my products in Ireland, which was expensive. I paid Dedicated 20% of what development would have cost in Ireland. They were prepared to step into projects that had run into some difficulty. The providers could not give me the functionality that I wanted or ran up very large time and materials bills to complete the product. Dedicated offered me a fixed price for development. We obviously had to pay for extra features that we decided to add later.

I met Eben Pagan, who teaches various online marketing skills, at a conference in California. Dedicated is quite friendly with him, and he gave them a high recommendation. I met them at one of his events.

While talking to Vikas’ brother, I mentioned that I had spent a lot of money on one piece of software. He offered to acquire the project, fix what was broken, and deliver the functionality that I needed. Very few software companies are willing to take on someone else’s code and all the accompanying issues.

They were prepared to commit to a fixed price and a fixed schedule, which I’d never seen in the Irish software industry. It’s always based on time and materials here, and the time element is almost infamous. It’s caused me a lot of grief in the past.

$35,000. In Ireland, we would have paid five times that.

We started working together in 2015 and the work is ongoing.

It’s been phenomenal. The quality and the value jump off the page. I’ve always gotten what I’ve asked for, and have never given them a task they could not complete.

They delivered exactly what I wanted within the time frames upon which we had agreed. The education business has generated an entirely automatic six-figure income. I answer an occasional email from customers, but I usually don’t need to do a thing. They even transfer money into my bank account at the end of every week. When a student buys the content, it is delivered in two formats. The first is a PDF, which is easy to rip off. The other format is MindGenius, a mind mapping software application that I have locked down.

Dedicated put the name of the purchasing student onto every page of every document, which amounts to over 1,000 pages of content. Students are more reluctant to distribute copies because their name is on it. I’d rather stop people ripping us off. We had that before and we didn’t have names on it. Even teachers copied documents and gave them to students. That cheated us out of 30 purchases, creating a copyright and security issue for us. Using a few of my ideas, Dedicated selected a tech stack and solved the problem. I did a lot of the testing to keep costs down.

The consulting product is smaller. It’s a subscription model where customers pay $500 a month for unlimited use of the platform. Your average small consultant pays me $6,000 a year. You don’t need many customers to get a pretty decent return from that. We offer multiple cost levels, including a standard mind mapping packages for $10-$12 and a consulting subscription of $500 per month. They’re two different verticals, two different markets, and two different prices. It gives us a decent return overall.

How did Dedicated perform from a project management standpoint?

I talked to Dedicated about technology choices and then we worked within an Agile environment. Every few weeks, we would sprint to get to a certain level of functionality with an MVP. From there, we’d make refinements on the product once we got to a stage where I felt all the functional specifications have been met.

Their managers are based in the United States, their developers are from India, my web developers are based in the Philippines, and I’m in Ireland. We work around the clock, but it works well.

They have an automated project management application that facilitates interaction between everyone and manages all documentation. If I found bugs during testing, I reported them on that system. I had almost daily contact with the lead developer, especially during the latter stage of the project. The entire process was very hands-on. Even though I never spoke to him on the phone, we had a terrific online relationship and he was very responsive to my needs. Everything that I wanted was completed to a high standard.

The pricing was also way more competitive than I could have gotten in Ireland. It was almost like having my own development team. It was a great experience with good communication. I highly recommend them.

I'd give them a 10 if I could.

Web Dev & Programming for Virtual Clinic

"Their rate is good in terms of cost, affordability, and availability."

Mar. 2014 - Ongoing

Dedicated Developers provides several services for an online clinic, including daily operations involving WordPress and PHP, SQL database queries, and server scripts, with the goal of matching business growth.

Oregon
Webmaster, Virtual Clinic

The team's contributions have resulted in a considerable increase in the number of users and training courses, keeping up with demand. Their success can be attributed not only to their technological knowledge, extreme work ethic, and quick turnaround time but also their consistent accessibility.

As the webmaster of a virtual clinic, I oversee all their web properties. We have nutrition counseling and training courses for nutritionists around the US and the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dedicated Developers?

There was too much work and growth for me to handle alone, and we needed help with web development and programming.

We currently use Memberium, Digital Access Pass, WordPress, and custom PHP scripting, with most of the work being the latter two. They've taken a large portion of daily operations.

They've done more advanced programming of SQL queries from several different databases and programs to have a mashup of information we could manipulate and use to run our systems to do cross-checks. They've done HTML, PHP with WordPress, as well as WordPress templates. They also do server maintenance and server scripting.

I have one main contact, who is a project manager for us. He has one or two people under him that he assigns work to.

How did you come to work with Dedicated Developers?

We met them at a conference. The two owners were professional and easy to work and communicate with. They had a large clientele with testimonials and a proven track record of quality work.

We've spent around $50,000 since we first started, around $10,000 a year, though it varies.

We began working with them in spring 2014, and the work is ongoing. We just had another one of their team members come on board to give us additional help.

Our business has continued to grow, and through them, we've been able to keep up with the demand. We have 20 different online classes they've helped us build and continually maintain. We have hundreds of new customers a year that come through our programs, which is possible by their contribution.

How did Dedicated Developers perform from a project management standpoint?

They've always been excellent. In fact, we've thrown a lot of work at them and said we need it by tomorrow. They're always able to do it. I'm thankful for their dedication and ability to handle when we have an emergency or something urgent that needs to get done. Their response time is great, and as far as communication goes, they're very responsive. We use Teamwork.

I can give them practically any assignment, programming task, software, or different third-party service to work with, and they can figure it out and support us. They basically have a next-day turnaround, and I can give them two or three projects the same day and they'll do all of them.

Maybe just clearer communication, but they're very good.

Do it now if you're struggling with keeping up with your own workload. Their rate is good in terms of cost, affordability, and availability.

Overall Score With anyone you work with, there are always a few challenges, but it's been good.

Multiple Web & App Dev for Digital Agency

“My return on investment is 4X out the door.”

2010 - Ongoing

Dedicated provide long-term website and application development, working on multiple projects over the years. They use PHP and JavaScript for the web development and focus on iOS and Android apps.

Owner, Digital Agency

The ongoing partnership enables the agency to coordinate and design its projects, while working with professional, dedicated, and talented developers. The Dedicated team works long hours to ensure they run a 24-hour development shop and complete any tasks they are given very quickly.

I’m the owner of a digital agency that provides web and app development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dedicated?

I needed a web and app development team to help with various, ongoing projects.

They’ve been with me since the start of my company, working on many web projects. One of the projects involved a New York Times best-selling author’s recipes, which we put in app form. Creating the user interface was complicated. We had to reformat the images to get them looking good on all devices and to develop the app for iOS and Android. One aspect that was pretty technical and interesting was to easily change the serving size. You’re dealing with cups, numbers of eggs, numbers of chicken breasts, and everything else so it’s a challenge. They helped us through that and made it a success. That was a good experience.

Their work also involves widgets that interact with our sales team and all kinds of complicated tasks. A lot of the web work is PHP and JavaScript. The app development was iOS and Android.

There’s always a project manager. It’s usually me working with 1–2 dedicated developers depending on the project. On an app, it could be 3–5. On a day to day level, it’s just project manager and coders.

How did you come to work with Dedicated?

My friend was doing an information product and I worked with him in development. We both wanted to get into the computer sector. I had always been good with design and website work. He found Dedicated and I started working with him on this project. It was powerful to have a developer at my disposal full time. It fell in my lap and it was such an awesome situation that I decided to use them.

$250,000.

We started working in 2010 and the work is ongoing.

My business model is to coordinate and design these projects and farm out the coding talents to dedicated developers. My ROI [return on investment] is 4X out the door—what I bill clients compared to what I bill. That’s a compelling number.

Your average business owner doesn’t want to deal with the logistics of hiring an outsourced company. I provide the structure for it and I make my money on that markup, but they provide that quality service.

How did Dedicated perform from a project management standpoint?

The coolest thing is I love being able to assign work at night and when I wake up, all the work is done. We use Teamwork to communicate simple tasks, daily priority lists, and videos. I go back, make changes, and any updates that need to be made, I simply send them over. I have a continuous 24-hour development cycle, which is pretty incredible. The communication and the management are always top-notch. It’s frictionless. It's hard to give too many specifics besides saying that it works perfectly.

It’s priceless that no matter what happens to an individual resource, your project is always taken care of.

Sometimes there are spacing issues, for example, asking them to vertically center something, but I’m neurotic about that. They’re coders and you can’t expect too much in that area.

Create Jing videos and explain things that way if you’re working with any outsourcers. If you don’t make videos, you will have so many headaches. I couldn’t imagine doing it any other way.

I recommended them to many friends.