Creativity that Accelerates Brands

You need someone who can turn your product into a brand that people want to buy. That's our speciality. We call it branding, but basically its knowing how to write words, take pictures, make graphics, and present it all in a nice way that gets people to buy your stuff. We use our creativity to do that really well. And, based on what people tell us, that's a hard thing to find.

1999
San Diego, CA
  • 8910 University Center Lane, Suite 400
    San Diego, CA 92122

Since 1999, we have developed logo designs, packaging designs, web sites and digital marketing campaigns for over 230 product brands, which is just too may to list here. We serve brands large and small. Startups and established companies. We have standardized pricing which means you get the same high quality brand design regardless of how large or small you are.

Packing & Design for CBD Design Company

“The professionalism that they bring to the work really makes you feel as though you are in good hands.”

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

Deal Design Inc. provided end-to-end rebranding services for a CBD company, developing a new logo and implementing their designs on packaging and the company website.

Owner, CBD Company

The work performed by Deal Design Inc. completely satisfied all project stakeholder requirements and has received highly positive feedback from everyone who has interacted with the materials. Their team is organized, efficient, and incredibly skilled at what they do.

I am the owner of a CBD company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deal Design Inc?

Our company needed help with the designs for our logo as well as packaging and website.

They pretty much walked us through the process from A to Z. I did my branding with a different company initially, and I ended up hating what they did, so I met with Deal Design, gave them an idea of what I was looking for. From there, they came back to us with a set of designs for the log and pretty much everything that it would go on so that I had options to choose from.

I worked directly with David (Principal) and Erica (Content Creator) for the work.

How did you come to work with Deal Design Inc?

They were on a web platform listing graphic designers by geographic area, and I saw that they were local and decided to reach out. They seemed to really know what they were doing, and I loved the stuff in their portfolio, so we moved forward from there.

We first started the work on the logo in September 2019 and are just about to finish implementing everything on the website.

Everyone who I’ve shown the website to so far has absolutely loved what they’ve done. Their team is very professional, and it shows in their work, so we come off to new visitors as a very official company in a way that we largely did not before.

How did Deal Design Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a good job of managing our work together and their communication with me throughout that. Primarily, our communication took place over phone and email. We delayed a lot because of things that came up on my end, but they were with us every step of the way.

The professionalism that they bring to the work really makes you feel as though you are in good hands. Not having to be concerned about the quality of work that they are going to deliver in the end takes a huge weight off your shoulders as a business owner, which I really appreciated.

No, I don’t really have anything negative to say about them.

Just be as organized as you can. The better you are able to stay on top of your work with them, the quicker they will be able to deliver that work to you.

Package Design for Adult Beverage Brand

“Whenever we asked for something, they got it done in a week or two. I never had to wait.”

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Deal Design, Inc. designed packaging, a website, and hosted a photoshoot for an adult beverage product. Their intelligent designs can be organized in multiple ways to stand out in stores.

Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
Jackie Carson
CEO & Operating Manager, Carson'z LLC

The designs are unique and attention-grabbing. They’ve received several compliments on the look of the packaging and large corporations have noticed. Deal Design, Inc. has a friendly and supportive team that’s easy to work with. They’re easy to reach and they manage project demands well.

I’m the CEO and operating manager of Carson’z LLC. We make unique alcohol products. We have premade Jell-O shots that are candy flavored.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deal Design, Inc?

We hired Deal Design, Inc to design the packaging for our products.

Deal Design, Inc. designed the packaging for our products while considering how the final product will look once it’s printed. They came up with an intelligent design that can be stacked right-side-up horizontally and still look good.

They also helped come up with a website and held a photoshoot for our website and social media. For the photoshoot, they got the models together and had them pose like they were at a bachelor or bachelorette party. They’ve also given us suggestions for things like new product names.

The Deals are a family business, I think their daughter did the photoshoot for our site.

How did you come to work with Deal Design, Inc?

I was looking for designers online and came across a company I really liked. When I contacted them, they were too busy to work with us, but they redirected us to Deal Design, Inc. They’ve partnered on a few projects before. Once I met with them, I clearly liked their designs, they offered a reasonable price, and the team was great. They were nice, funny, and sweet. I hired them on the spot.

We spent between $10,000–$25,000.

We started working together in December 2016 and our work is ongoing as we’ve extended our product line.

Their artwork is beautiful. We’ve gone to several trade shows and have received numerous compliments on the packaging. We were even noticed by one of the largest groups of convenience stores in the world! Our products stand out in stores, and they’re often put right out in front.

The website and photography are beautiful too. The photoshoot turned out really well, and we’re pleased with how everything looks. We didn’t go with their web design because of cost and we found a simpler way to update content, but we still loved what they proposed.

How did Deal Design, Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

They got our work done right away. Whenever we asked for something, they got it done in a week or two. I never had to wait.

Whenever we needed to make adjustments, they did that immediately as well. They’re very professional.

Whenever we start a new project, they send us an email to set up a time to talk. If they’re out of the office, they get back to us right away.

Their personalities. For us, that was a big determining factor when we hired them. They’re nice and funny, but are still professional. I love working with them.

Honestly, probably not. I’ve had a great experience working with them.

Design & Branding for CBD Company

"Deal Design, Inc. has a really good vision for brand identity—they understand brand-building and being cohesive."

Mar. 2018 – Ongoing

Deal Design, Inc. is providing branding support, creating a business’ logo and package design as they approach their launch. They’re also on board to design the website and manage SEO efforts.

Palm Springs, California
Bret Burroughs
President, Flor

Though there are no metrics, as the business is pre-launch, Deal Design, Inc. has been satisfying requirements, making the client happy. They’ve been a strong base to bounce ideas off of, leading to more creative work. As a partner, they’re dedicated to providing a cohesive final brand.

I’m the president of Flor, a CBD and hemp product company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deal Design, Inc.?

We’re in the pre-launch phase for our business, so we hired Deal Design, Inc. to handle our package and logo design, website design, and future SEO efforts. We wanted to have a cohesive brand in the future and needed a team to be involved from the beginning.

Mainly, Deal Design, Inc. has been working on creating the packaging design for our products. They’ve presented us with various designs and have been working on our logo. Now, they’re beginning the website design portion of the project, setting up our online store and working on the sales funnel. Once the site is complete, they’ll start doing more SEO work to optimize it.

David (Senior Art Director, Deal Design, Inc.) has been our main contact, but I know he has several other designers working with him.

How did you come to work with Deal Design, Inc.?

My other business partner found Deal Design, Inc. and looked through some of their work. We knew they were very well respected in the brand-building space, so he set up a conversation. They seemed like a good fit so we just went from there.

We’ve spent around $30,000 so far, with a bulk of it going toward the website work.

We’ve been working with them since around March 2018 and the engagement is very much ongoing. We’ve had a few pauses throughout the project for some hurdles and waiting for funding on our end.

Unfortunately, we don’t have any metrics since we’re still pre-launch. We’re hoping to have a cohesive brand once we finish working with Deal Design, Inc., and we’re absolutely happy with their progress so far.

How did Deal Design, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve delivered everything on time, the only delays have been on our end for the most part. They’re providing good service, so far. Typically, we give them our ideas and they let us know if it’s feasible, too expensive, or if they have a better concept. They’re great to go back and forth with.

Deal Design, Inc. has a really good vision for brand identity—they understand brand-building and being cohesive. Looking at some of their blogs, I can see their knowledge about selling your product along with the story and psychology behind it. They’re great at providing insight, being professional, and are pleasant to work with.

If anything, it’d be helpful if they had an assistant to get back to us more quickly when we have questions. Other than that, there’s not much I can think of for them to improve.

Tell them your ideas and be focused. The more you know what you want, the easier it’ll be for them to facilitate it.

Package Design & Branding for Healthcare Product Startup

"Their team has a strong breadth of services given their scale."

Mar. - Aug. 2019

Deal Design, Inc. created a brand identity for a healthcare product startup. Their team was responsible for the website, product packaging, and all marketing collateral.

Virginia
COO, Healthcare Product Startup

The branding has been well received by clients. Deal Design, Inc. establishes a steady workflow and responds quickly to inquiries. Their team is knowledgable across a wide array of services.

Consumer healthcare startup

For what projects/services did your company hire Deal Design, Inc.?

We needed to establish a new compelling brand identity that resonated with our target customer segment and build out all related collateral (e.g., website, packaging, letterhead, etc.)

Establish a new brand identity that was exciting, compelling and aligned to the mission of the organization

Conducted an informal RFP, reaching out to 4-5 agencies with the appropriate scale and experience. The co-founders of the company reviewed all proposals and selected Deal Design based on the quality of their previous work, expertise in packaging design and pricing.

Built brand identity, fully developed corporate website, designed all product packaging (both primary and secondary), developed additional corporate collateral

For this project, we largely worked with David directly who engaged their graphic designer and web developer. As we've now shifted to more ongoing marketing work with their team, he has started to include a social media/content developer as well.

Reaction to our brand identity has been very positive thus far

The workflow was generally positive. David responds to feedback quickly. There were a few items where we had to iterate on the project more than we expected, but David and the team handled it in stride.

Very responsive, great pricing. Their team has a strong breadth of services given their scale.

Continue to improve editing and review process to address typos/revisions prior to presenting to a client

Package Design for Cable Strap Manufacturer

“This was in no way a big project for them, but they still treated me as a top priority.”

June 2018 - June 2018

Deal Design, Inc. designed a simple package that works with nine different products. They placed a detail tracking card on the package to easily distinguish between each product.

Chula Vista, California
David Deavenport
President & Owner, Toleeto Fasteners International

Within a month, Deal Design, Inc. delivered a useful prototype that met requirements and cost restrictions. They were committed to the project, consistently communicating and diligently working to meet deadlines. A valuable partner, the team improved the project with their insightful ideas.

I am the owner and president of Toleeto Fasteners International. We primarily manufacture a complete line of cable management straps called Cord-Lox, but we also offer a wide variety of custom original equipment manufacturer (OEM) products for industries like medicine, sports, and computers. We’ve been in business for over 36 years.

For what projects/services did your company hire Deal Design, Inc.?

I’m working on securing a government contract that allows us to sell our Cord-Lox product line on all US military exchanges worldwide. The distributor told me that they’re looking for a specific style of packaging that would appeal to their target audience. They recommended I partner with Deal Design, Inc. to create the proper package design.

We needed a simple, cost-effective package that would reflect the sentiments of the target market.

The distributor that introduced me to Deal Design, Inc. had worked with them in the past, and I followed their recommendation.

Deal Design, Inc. designed one package that worked for nine different products. They combined a collection of instructional diagrams, model numbers, sizing options, and other administrative details into one card. With that information, we can mark which product is inside the package before we send it to consumers.

I had one main point of contact, with whom I communicated regularly.

They delivered a working prototype within a month. At this point, I’ve made several sample packs with their design and plan to send them off for further evaluation.

I was juggling relationships with both our product distributors and Deal Design, Inc., sending revisions between the two parties. It was a challenge, but the process worked out well because everyone involved was highly communicative and attentive. Throughout the engagement, there were never any real delays or problems.

Their team took my basic design idea and turned it into a professional package within a short period. They listened to my ideas, then offered viable alternatives that I would’ve never considered. It was a very easy collaboration. This was in no way a big project for them, but they still treated me as a top priority.

No, I couldn’t ask for much more than they delivered. Everything was completed in a timely manner without conflict.

Overall Score They’re easy to work with and complete tasks quickly.
    There were no scheduling issues.
    It was a bit expensive, but we got the level of quality that we paid for.
    They delivered what I asked of them.
    I would recommend them without hesitation.

Design Services for Marketing Agency

"Their fast turnaround is outstanding."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Deal Design delivers creative services to various clients under a marketing recruitment agency. Their team provides graphic design, presentation design, and other services.

Dallas, Texas
Rachel Runnels
Director of Talent Solutions, Freeman+Leonard

Deal Design continues to be an excellent design resource. Their skilled team is communicative and presents work in a timely manner. Their proactiveness spurred continued engagement.

I’m a creative and marketing director at Freeman+Leonard that connects clients with talent.

For what projects/services did your company hire Deal Design, Inc.?

We hired Deal Design to provide various design services for different clients.

Each client has a different goal. Some of them were internal communication driven, while other clients only wanted to drive sales.

David (Senior Art Director, Deal Design) reached out to us from our website.

Deal Design provides several design services including vector illustration design and graphic design. They also design presentations and marketing collateral.

It depends on the project.

David and his team are a constant and fantastic resource for my clients and their needs.

Deal Design’s team excels at communication. They met any deadline.

Their fast turnaround is outstanding.

No, their team provides quality work for our clients.

Branding for Food Patent Company

“They work like they’re a part of our team.”

2015 - Ongoing

Deal Design, Inc. helped a newly founded company establish a brand identity, develop product messaging, and complete ad hoc tasks. Working from the ground up, they designed and programmed a website using Wix.

Carlsbad, California
Jeff Engel
CEO, Snacktops Inc.

Deal Design developed a polished website and designed cohesive branding materials. They lead photo shoots and often handle the complex logistics involved with delivering creative projects. They’re a straight-forward team that communicates issues and can work to overcome challenges.

I’m the CEO of Snacktops Inc. We’re a patent company that specializes in food and beverage packaging.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deal Design, Inc.?

We hired Deal Design, Inc. during the only stages of our company. We needed their help developing a consistent message and brand identity.

Deal Design is integral to developing any aspect of our customer-facing brand. Their involvement with us includes brand messaging, photography, and social media support. They brought in and directed a photo shoot crew to accomplish the photography portion of the engagement. One of the photo shoots we did needed to look like it took place in a stadium, so they took care of the onsite logistics to make that possible. They also helped design our tradeshow booth.

I wanted an easily manageable platform but didn’t have the knowledge required to operate through WordPress skillfully. They accommodated me by using Wix to build the entire website. The completed platform is better than what I could articulate. Their efforts to refine our messaging generated consumer-friendly content.

The primary team consists of three resources, but I usually only interact with a dedicated contact. However, they have more resources behind the scenes that work on our account as needed.

How did you come to work with Deal Design, Inc.?

I collaborated with one of the project leads from Deal Design when I worked for another company. I approached this project from a neutral standpoint and reached out to four other companies. I left the final decision up to another group within my current company and they selected Deal Design as their preferred vendor.

We’ve spent around $75,000 thus far.

We’ve used them on and off since 2015. While the initial project was completed within 45 days, our relationship with them is ongoing.

They essentially developed our brand from the ground up, so we know that our success is their success. No one can predict with 100% certainly what will resonate with consumers, but Deal Design will deliver their best effort and measure the subsequent feedback. Instead of patting themselves on the back, they’ll continue to iterate deliverables until they achieve the desired results. They’re attentive, detailed-oriented, and reasonably priced considering the value they provide.

How did Deal Design, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

I always know what they’re working on, and they deliver things as promised. Their team communicates issues as they occur and works toward quick resolutions. We communicate via phone and email. I don’t recall what they use to transfer data files.

Deal Design, Inc. makes projects easy. They’re open to considering new ideas while also being critical of potential issues. They approach that process in a way that’s appropriate and are never condescending. There’s no chaos involved in our engagements. Instead of being dramatic about challenges, they just deliver. I’ve never had to chase them down about anything, and that’s appreciated. They work like they’re a part of our team.

They’re always able to deliver materials within the aggressive timelines I request. However, I recognize that my requests are unrealistic at times. That being said, they’ve also come through for me several times when I didn’t expect them too.

Allow them to lead the process and guide the conversation. They’re honest people, so they don’t rip off their customers. They’re in the business of providing excellent work and building what’s asked of them.

Packaging Design for Development Solution

“They were accommodating and willing to do a bit of extra work to make what we wanted.”

July - Aug. 2018

Deal Design, Inc. designed the boxes and individual packaging for the products. They made 10 designs and four were selected based on their social media report. They also helped design a product logo.

Founder, 2Market LLC

Deal Design, Inc. met project expectations and delivered exactly what was asked for. They stayed in constant communication and even met in person a few times. The team was patient and flexible, making them a good partner.

I'm the founder of 2Market LLC, a company that develops and sells products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deal Design, Inc.?

We needed help designing our product packaging.

Deal Design, Inc. designed the boxes and individual packaging for our products. We provided requirements and wanted four finished designs. They gave us 10 to choose from and provided a social media report that helped us determine which were the best. They also helped design our logo, basing it on branding guidelines we already had.

We worked with one person.

How did you come to work with Deal Design, Inc.?

I found them on Google, looked at their website, and decided to hire them.

We spent $3,500.

We worked together from July–August 2018.

The packaging looks great.

How did Deal Design, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They had good project management. We communicated over phone and email and even went to their offices a few times.

They were accommodating and willing to do a bit of extra work to make what we wanted. They were patient and delivered everything they promised.

Review project details with them in the beginning so that everyone is on the same page.

They went on vacation during the project, which delayed us a bit.
    They have an average cost.

Branding and Design for Car Air Freshener Business

“They're a great company and communication is their strength.”

Feb. 2016 - Sept. 2017

Deal Design, Inc. developed the name, branding, and logo design for a car air freshener business. They also set up the catalog, website, and tradeshow booths and created domestic and international packaging.

CEO, Kordoba

Deal Design, Inc. demonstrated strong competency in the end products, delivering precisely what was needed. Their robust expertise helped them deliver high-quality work and cover every detail. They offer dependable services and have an affable and accommodating work style.

I’m the CEO of Kordoba USA. We manufacture and distribute car air fresheners.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deal Design, Inc.?

We needed to create branding for the U.S. market.

We wanted a local designer who specialized in branding. We needed their expertise to suggest some creative branding ideas and a logo design for us. The goal was to come up with air fresheners that looked like perfume.

We went through an initial discovery phase where we looked at basic drawings and discussed the name, varieties, colors, and samples. They helped with product packaging and set up the catalog, website, and tradeshow booths for us. They also helped us to repackage the existing branding which we use in a different country.

We were mostly in contact with their senior art director.

How did you come to work with Deal Design, Inc.?

I looked for designers who were local or based in the U.S. I wanted someone with good communication. I contacted a few designers and chose the ones I liked based on their previous work.

We spent between $10,000–$50,000.

We worked together from February 2016–September 2017.

They provided us with a solution. The work speaks for itself. They have all the expertise needed in design as well as in packaging and branding and ensured everything we needed was on the packaging. We are happy with them and the quality is good.

How did Deal Design, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They're a great company and communication is their strength. They are easy to work with and flexible. They came to our office when needed and always answered the phone. Most of the time, we communicated through email, and we had scheduled meetings on a regular basis to go over details and new product and packaging.

The way they manage and communicate is good. You don’t have to ask them to do something several times. If they promise it will be done, it’ll be on time.

Print Design Materials for Branding & Marketing Company

“They always take time to understand our projects and meet client expectations.”

2004 - Ongoing

Deal does branding and marketing for various third-party clients. They create collateral such as billboards, brochures, ads, etc. The partnership has lasted over a decade, and each project varies in size.

Carlsbad, California
Eric Edwards
Owner, CMJ Media

Deal consistently meets deadlines and maintains open communication. They’re professional and fun to work with, creating products that end users are extremely pleased with. They even helped a third-party client win a national award.

I'm the owner and founder of CMJ Media, a company that provides marketing and branding support. We do web design, digital media, and advertising for our clients, who are typically rural telephone or broadband providers throughout the U.S.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deal Design, Inc.?

We’ve begun to focus more on digital marketing for our clients, and we needed a partner dedicated to brand identity and logo development.

Deal Design mainly works on my clients’ projects. They work on the look and feel of the brand and position it in the best way to the public. They also do advertising and marketing campaigns, which generally involve print media, direct mail, billboards, newspaper ads, brochures, and other collateral.

Deal Design first makes sure they understand our client and the product or service they offer. They then tailor the design based on the client’s target audience and market. The end product varies depending on the geographic market they’re in.

I usually work with a team of 2–3 people. The project manager is my main point of contact, then there’s the graphic designers and content development specialist.

How did you come to work with Deal Design, Inc.?

We just ran into one another and began talking about our businesses one day.

We’ve worked together since 2004.

They deliver outstanding products that are fine-tuned and represent the product and effectively reach the target market. Our clients have been highly impressed with their work. I haven’t lost a single client since working with Deal.

One of our clients was applying to a national broadband provider award for making smart cities that relied on apps and other technology. They were putting together a big report and were having challenges with design, layout, and graphs. Deal put something together for them, and they won the competition.

How did Deal Design, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re responsive and always meet deadlines. They use a project management tool to track progress.

They're engaging, personable, and a lot of fun to work with. They always take time to understand our projects and meet client expectations. They’re professional and highly creative.