Creativity that Accelerates Brands

You need someone who can turn your product into a brand that people want to buy. That's our speciality. We call it branding, but basically its knowing how to write words, take pictures, make graphics, and present it all in a nice way that gets people to buy your stuff. We use our creativity to do that really well. And, based on what people tell us, that's a hard thing to find.

1999
Carlsbad, CA
  • 5858 Dryden Place, Suite 205
    Carlsbad, CA 92008

Since 1999, we have developed logo designs, packaging designs, web sites and digital marketing campaigns for over 230 product brands, which is just too may to list here. We serve brands large and small. Startups and established companies. We have standardized pricing which means you get the same high quality brand design regardless of how large or small you are.

Package Design for Cable Strap Manufacturer

“This was in no way a big project for them, but they still treated me as a top priority.”

June 2018 - June 2018

Deal Design, Inc. designed a simple package that works with nine different products. They placed a detail tracking card on the package to easily distinguish between each product.

Chula Vista, California
David Deavenport
President & Owner, Toleeto Fasteners International

Within a month, Deal Design, Inc. delivered a useful prototype that met requirements and cost restrictions. They were committed to the project, consistently communicating and diligently working to meet deadlines. A valuable partner, the team improved the project with their insightful ideas.

I am the owner and president of Toleeto Fasteners International. We primarily manufacture a complete line of cable management straps called Cord-Lox, but we also offer a wide variety of custom original equipment manufacturer (OEM) products for industries like medicine, sports, and computers. We’ve been in business for over 36 years.

For what projects/services did your company hire Deal Design, Inc.?

I’m working on securing a government contract that allows us to sell our Cord-Lox product line on all US military exchanges worldwide. The distributor told me that they’re looking for a specific style of packaging that would appeal to their target audience. They recommended I partner with Deal Design, Inc. to create the proper package design.

We needed a simple, cost-effective package that would reflect the sentiments of the target market.

The distributor that introduced me to Deal Design, Inc. had worked with them in the past, and I followed their recommendation.

Deal Design, Inc. designed one package that worked for nine different products. They combined a collection of instructional diagrams, model numbers, sizing options, and other administrative details into one card. With that information, we can mark which product is inside the package before we send it to consumers.

I had one main point of contact, with whom I communicated regularly.

They delivered a working prototype within a month. At this point, I’ve made several sample packs with their design and plan to send them off for further evaluation.

I was juggling relationships with both our product distributors and Deal Design, Inc., sending revisions between the two parties. It was a challenge, but the process worked out well because everyone involved was highly communicative and attentive. Throughout the engagement, there were never any real delays or problems.

Their team took my basic design idea and turned it into a professional package within a short period. They listened to my ideas, then offered viable alternatives that I would’ve never considered. It was a very easy collaboration. This was in no way a big project for them, but they still treated me as a top priority.

No, I couldn’t ask for much more than they delivered. Everything was completed in a timely manner without conflict.

Overall Score They’re easy to work with and complete tasks quickly.
    There were no scheduling issues.
    It was a bit expensive, but we got the level of quality that we paid for.
    They delivered what I asked of them.
    I would recommend them without hesitation.

Design Services for Marketing Agency

"Their fast turnaround is outstanding."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Deal Design delivers creative services to various clients under a marketing recruitment agency. Their team provides graphic design, presentation design, and other services.

Dallas, Texas
Rachel Runnels
Director of Talent Solutions, Freeman+Leonard

Deal Design continues to be an excellent design resource. Their skilled team is communicative and presents work in a timely manner. Their proactiveness spurred continued engagement.

I’m a creative and marketing director at Freeman+Leonard that connects clients with talent.

For what projects/services did your company hire Deal Design, Inc.?

We hired Deal Design to provide various design services for different clients.

Each client has a different goal. Some of them were internal communication driven, while other clients only wanted to drive sales.

David (Senior Art Director, Deal Design) reached out to us from our website.

Deal Design provides several design services including vector illustration design and graphic design. They also design presentations and marketing collateral.

It depends on the project.

David and his team are a constant and fantastic resource for my clients and their needs.

Deal Design’s team excels at communication. They met any deadline.

Their fast turnaround is outstanding.

No, their team provides quality work for our clients.

Branding for Food Patent Company

“They work like they’re a part of our team.”

2015 - Ongoing

Deal Design, Inc. helped a newly founded company establish a brand identity, develop product messaging, and complete ad hoc tasks. Working from the ground up, they designed and programmed a website using Wix.

Jeff Engel
CEO, Snacktops Inc.

Deal Design developed a polished website and designed cohesive branding materials. They lead photo shoots and often handle the complex logistics involved with delivering creative projects. They’re a straight-forward team that communicates issues and can work to overcome challenges.

I’m the CEO of Snacktops Inc. We’re a patent company that specializes in food and beverage packaging.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deal Design, Inc.?

We hired Deal Design, Inc. during the only stages of our company. We needed their help developing a consistent message and brand identity.

Deal Design is integral to developing any aspect of our customer-facing brand. Their involvement with us includes brand messaging, photography, and social media support. They brought in and directed a photo shoot crew to accomplish the photography portion of the engagement. One of the photo shoots we did needed to look like it took place in a stadium, so they took care of the onsite logistics to make that possible. They also helped design our tradeshow booth.

I wanted an easily manageable platform but didn’t have the knowledge required to operate through WordPress skillfully. They accommodated me by using Wix to build the entire website. The completed platform is better than what I could articulate. Their efforts to refine our messaging generated consumer-friendly content.

The primary team consists of three resources, but I usually only interact with a dedicated contact. However, they have more resources behind the scenes that work on our account as needed.

How did you come to work with Deal Design, Inc.?

I collaborated with one of the project leads from Deal Design when I worked for another company. I approached this project from a neutral standpoint and reached out to four other companies. I left the final decision up to another group within my current company and they selected Deal Design as their preferred vendor.

We’ve spent around $75,000 thus far.

We’ve used them on and off since 2015. While the initial project was completed within 45 days, our relationship with them is ongoing.

They essentially developed our brand from the ground up, so we know that our success is their success. No one can predict with 100% certainly what will resonate with consumers, but Deal Design will deliver their best effort and measure the subsequent feedback. Instead of patting themselves on the back, they’ll continue to iterate deliverables until they achieve the desired results. They’re attentive, detailed-oriented, and reasonably priced considering the value they provide.

How did Deal Design, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

I always know what they’re working on, and they deliver things as promised. Their team communicates issues as they occur and works toward quick resolutions. We communicate via phone and email. I don’t recall what they use to transfer data files.

Deal Design, Inc. makes projects easy. They’re open to considering new ideas while also being critical of potential issues. They approach that process in a way that’s appropriate and are never condescending. There’s no chaos involved in our engagements. Instead of being dramatic about challenges, they just deliver. I’ve never had to chase them down about anything, and that’s appreciated. They work like they’re a part of our team.

They’re always able to deliver materials within the aggressive timelines I request. However, I recognize that my requests are unrealistic at times. That being said, they’ve also come through for me several times when I didn’t expect them too.

Allow them to lead the process and guide the conversation. They’re honest people, so they don’t rip off their customers. They’re in the business of providing excellent work and building what’s asked of them.

Packaging Design for Development Solution

“They were accommodating and willing to do a bit of extra work to make what we wanted.”

July - Aug. 2018

Deal Design, Inc. designed the boxes and individual packaging for the products. They made 10 designs and four were selected based on their social media report. They also helped design a product logo.

San Diego, California
Founder, 2Market LLC

Deal Design, Inc. met project expectations and delivered exactly what was asked for. They stayed in constant communication and even met in person a few times. The team was patient and flexible, making them a good partner.

I'm the founder of 2Market LLC, a company that develops and sells products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deal Design, Inc.?

We needed help designing our product packaging.

Deal Design, Inc. designed the boxes and individual packaging for our products. We provided requirements and wanted four finished designs. They gave us 10 to choose from and provided a social media report that helped us determine which were the best. They also helped design our logo, basing it on branding guidelines we already had.

We worked with one person.

How did you come to work with Deal Design, Inc.?

I found them on Google, looked at their website, and decided to hire them.

We spent $3,500.

We worked together from July–August 2018.

The packaging looks great.

How did Deal Design, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They had good project management. We communicated over phone and email and even went to their offices a few times.

They were accommodating and willing to do a bit of extra work to make what we wanted. They were patient and delivered everything they promised.

Review project details with them in the beginning so that everyone is on the same page.

They went on vacation during the project, which delayed us a bit.
    They have an average cost.

Branding and Design for Car Air Freshener Business

“They're a great company and communication is their strength.”

Feb. 2016 - Sept. 2017

Deal Design, Inc. developed the name, branding, and logo design for a car air freshener business. They also set up the catalog, website, and tradeshow booths and created domestic and international packaging.

San Diego, California
CEO, Kordoba

Deal Design, Inc. demonstrated strong competency in the end products, delivering precisely what was needed. Their robust expertise helped them deliver high-quality work and cover every detail. They offer dependable services and have an affable and accommodating work style.

I’m the CEO of Kordoba USA. We manufacture and distribute car air fresheners.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deal Design, Inc.?

We needed to create branding for the U.S. market.

We wanted a local designer who specialized in branding. We needed their expertise to suggest some creative branding ideas and a logo design for us. The goal was to come up with air fresheners that looked like perfume.

We went through an initial discovery phase where we looked at basic drawings and discussed the name, varieties, colors, and samples. They helped with product packaging and set up the catalog, website, and tradeshow booths for us. They also helped us to repackage the existing branding which we use in a different country.

We were mostly in contact with their senior art director.

How did you come to work with Deal Design, Inc.?

I looked for designers who were local or based in the U.S. I wanted someone with good communication. I contacted a few designers and chose the ones I liked based on their previous work.

We spent between $10,000–$50,000.

We worked together from February 2016–September 2017.

They provided us with a solution. The work speaks for itself. They have all the expertise needed in design as well as in packaging and branding and ensured everything we needed was on the packaging. We are happy with them and the quality is good.

How did Deal Design, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They're a great company and communication is their strength. They are easy to work with and flexible. They came to our office when needed and always answered the phone. Most of the time, we communicated through email, and we had scheduled meetings on a regular basis to go over details and new product and packaging.

The way they manage and communicate is good. You don’t have to ask them to do something several times. If they promise it will be done, it’ll be on time.

Print Design Materials for Branding & Marketing Company

“They always take time to understand our projects and meet client expectations.”

2004 - Ongoing

Deal does branding and marketing for various third-party clients. They create collateral such as billboards, brochures, ads, etc. The partnership has lasted over a decade, and each project varies in size.

Eric Edwards
Owner, CMJ Media

Deal consistently meets deadlines and maintains open communication. They’re professional and fun to work with, creating products that end users are extremely pleased with. They even helped a third-party client win a national award.

I'm the owner and founder of CMJ Media, a company that provides marketing and branding support. We do web design, digital media, and advertising for our clients, who are typically rural telephone or broadband providers throughout the U.S.

What challenge were you trying to address with Deal Design, Inc.?

We’ve begun to focus more on digital marketing for our clients, and we needed a partner dedicated to brand identity and logo development.

Deal Design mainly works on my clients’ projects. They work on the look and feel of the brand and position it in the best way to the public. They also do advertising and marketing campaigns, which generally involve print media, direct mail, billboards, newspaper ads, brochures, and other collateral.

Deal Design first makes sure they understand our client and the product or service they offer. They then tailor the design based on the client’s target audience and market. The end product varies depending on the geographic market they’re in.

I usually work with a team of 2–3 people. The project manager is my main point of contact, then there’s the graphic designers and content development specialist.

How did you come to work with Deal Design, Inc.?

We just ran into one another and began talking about our businesses one day.

We’ve worked together since 2004.

They deliver outstanding products that are fine-tuned and represent the product and effectively reach the target market. Our clients have been highly impressed with their work. I haven’t lost a single client since working with Deal.

One of our clients was applying to a national broadband provider award for making smart cities that relied on apps and other technology. They were putting together a big report and were having challenges with design, layout, and graphs. Deal put something together for them, and they won the competition.

How did Deal Design, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re responsive and always meet deadlines. They use a project management tool to track progress.

They're engaging, personable, and a lot of fun to work with. They always take time to understand our projects and meet client expectations. They’re professional and highly creative.

Packaging Design for Sports Cap Company

“I’m impressed with their ability to take our ideas and put them to paper.”

May 2018

Deal Design worked with the internal team to develop new packaging that was consistent with the company’s messaging.

Joe Murphy
Founder & CEO, Chrome Dome LLC

The Deal Design team incorporated feedback, going through multiple iterations to produce the final product. They followed a collaborative approach to ensure customer satisfaction.

I’m the founder and CEO of Chrome Dome LLC. We design, manufacture, and sell Chrome Dome Caps, a sport/utility skull cap that uses certified ultraviolent protection factor (UPF) 50+ fabric to provide the wearer with sun protection.

For what projects/services did your company hire Deal Design, Inc.?

I engaged them to design a new product package.

In addition to new branding assets, I wanted to have a package that worked in concert with the other established components of our packaging such as a mesh-net bag.

I found them through a referral and selected them based on their capacity and portfolio.

They created new branded packaging that concisely reflected our goals.

Their team worked with ours.

Deal Design did a fantastic job. They worked with us in an open team environment to achieve the desired results.

The workflow was fantastic.

I’m impressed with their ability to take our ideas and put them to paper. Additionally, they listened to our requests, even through multiple revisions.

No, I don’t have any suggestions for improvement.

They were always available.
    The quality was worth the cost.
    They're the best.