Dazze builds original online experiences

We are dazze [deiz]. Our purpose is to break away from the eCommerce sameness by building original online experiences, placing your brand and content first with conversion always in mind.

15 years of experience in eCommerce allows us to work with start-ups and established brands alike, generating millions of pounds for our clients in yearly sales with an AOV (average order value) of up to £400.

2019
  • 75 Kenton Street
    London, LND WC1N 1NN

LN-CC, Uniform Wares, Alex Eagle, Gentlewench, Nighthawks, C.P. Company, Stone Island, The Vampire's Wife, oki-ni, Hostem, Triads, REX Vintage
LN-CC eCommerce Management Image

LN-CC eCommerce Management

Founded in 2010, LN-CC is a combination of a unique art based installation store in London and an online platform with a forward-thinking approach. The founder of Dazze was a key stakeholder of LN-CC from it's early inception in November, 2010 until May, 2014. Taking ownership of the website, the role covered a variety of tasks including UX, Acquisition and retention, Conversion Rate Optimisation, Design & SEO. LN-CC
dispatched to over +100 countries worldwide. In the final year had a turnover of roughly £6,500,000, attracting +4,500,000 visitors with an average order value of +£400 and an email database of +200,000 subscribers.
Uniform Wares Conversion Rate Optimisation Image

Uniform Wares Conversion Rate Optimisation

Uniform Wares creates watches that embody character and distinction through intelligent design, not branding. Dazze had the pleasure of working with Uniform Wares, tasked to increase conversion and revenue during Black Friday and the Christmas period. We focused on optimising the basket and checkout pages, redesigning them both. Simplified the basket page and introduced a one-page-checkout, replacing a sluggish 5 page
process. From 21st Nov, 2019 to 10th Jan, 2020 we increased conversion by +40%, increased the amount of transactions by +12% with revenue increasing by +14% compared to the same period the previous year.
Stone Island eCommerce Management Image

Stone Island eCommerce Management

A culture of research, experimentation, function and use are the matrices that have always defined Stone Island: the sportswear brand established in 1982 in Ravarino, in the Modena area, by the genius that is Massimo Osti, Art Director and Bolognese intellectual. Dazze worked on the website for 18 months as Stone Island E-Commerce Manager in a diverse role that covered E-Mail Marketing, Content, Conversion Rate Optimisation and
SEO.
Nighthawks Retail Website Image

Nighthawks Retail Website

Awards: Awwwards Honourable Mention & Mobile Excellence. CSS Design Awards Special Kudos and UI, UX & Innovation Awards. CSS Winner Site of the day. Nighthawks is a retailer based in Fukuoka, Japan stocking brands such as Sunsea, Hender Scheme and Namacheko. Nighthawks wanted the website to be ‘super minimalistic’ and ‘extremely’ easy-to-use for their customers, with the focus on the latest in-store deliveries. To
exaggerate the minimalism and boldness we used a single font, a palette of only 3 colours and worked within a 2 column layout. For mobile we adapted the design to a single column layout to preserve the style of the website. We introduced subtle animations, to draw the eye to clickable links, custom cursors and a homepage marquee to announce the latest brands and news. eCommerce store coming soon.
Gentlewench eCommerce Website Design and Build Image

Gentlewench eCommerce Website Design and Build

Awards: Awwwards Honourable Mention & Mobile Excellence East London's exuberantly daring fashion boutique. The challenge was to develop a website that would serve as an extension of the unique Gentlewench East London store. Even though user experience and conversion are always the main focus of any eCommerce website, we decided to enhance the experience even further. The intention is to showcase a remarkable buy and
provide each one-of-a-kind piece with a ‘stage’. Like all of our websites, we built and optimised Gentlewench to work across all devices. Dazze optimised the existing logo and developed comprehensive brand guidelines that compliment the concept store. The website is built on a lean, custom theme with minimal amount of plugins. Optimised WooCommerce core code ensures quick load time across all devices, in all corners of the world, and a solid platform to build upon.
The Vampire's Wife eCommerce Management Image

The Vampire's Wife eCommerce Management

Dazze supported The Vampire's Wife website development and optimisation in early 2020.

REX Vintage Store eCommerce Build Image

REX Vintage Store eCommerce Build

Awards: Awwwards Honourable Mention & Mobile Excellence REX Vintage Store is a curated edit of handpicked vintage womenswear. This is modern vintage for the post-era era. REX Vintage Store tasked us with developing an original and easy to navigate eCommerce platform. We used a minimal canvas to inspire and present a mash-up vintage wardrobe, inspired by Cher’s closet organiser in the movie Clueless. To showcase each “Edit”,
an outfit made of individual garments, we developed a custom template. By displaying each piece on a single “Edit” page we allowed for a straightforward add to basket functionality. We made certain the REX Vintage Store website is adaptable to various devices, while staying consistent with the theme of the desktop design. A website that loads fast provides better user experience, and a satisfying user experience leads to higher conversions. REX Vintage Store has been optimised to load, on average, under 1 second per page. That is faster than approximately 80% of all the websites out there.
Alex Eagle Website Optimisation Image

Alex Eagle Website Optimisation

Alex Eagle is a unique retail experience. In a light filled space in the heart of London’s Soho, Alex Eagle offers a radical and rejuvenating take on retail. Dazze designed and built the Alex Eagle email marketing templates. The main focus of the design upgrade was on improving conversion. The Home, Product Detail, Basket and Checkout pages were updated across all devices in accordance with the task on hand. Dazze increased
email referral traffic by 39% and revenue by 34%. Website load time improved by 456%.
oki-ni E-Commerce Management Image

oki-ni E-Commerce Management

Since 2001 oki-ni has secured its name as a pioneer in redefining retail for the digital age and as a leader in innovative and directional menswear product from the world’s most sought-after designers – both rare and globally renowned. During 2.5 years Dazze worked on the oki-ni E-Commerce platform. A diverse role that covered Site Upgrades and Integrations, UX, Conversion Rate Optimisation, Content Management, and E-Mail
Marketing. In the final year we reached a turnover of £4,500,000.
Triads E-Commerce Management Image

Triads E-Commerce Management

The Triads concept was born in 1988 at 274 Linthorpe Road in Middlesbrough. The store rapidly gained a reputation for quirky, cutting edge fashion. Dazze worked on the website for 2.5 years as Triads E-Commerce Manager in a diverse role that covered Conversion Rate Optimisation, E-Mail Marketing, Data Management, Fraud prevention, SEO and Photography, reaching a turnover of £2,500,000 in the final year. In September 2005, Dazze

helped Triads win Best Sales and Marketing Online and runner up with Best Customer Care Online in the DTI One North East and BT sponsored e-commerce awards.

E-Commerce Development for Fashion Store

"He was really quick at sorting things out and dealing with issues whenever they happened."

Apr. - Oct. 2019

Dazze Studio developed an e-commerce website from scratch, including an integration of a third-party booking system crucial to product functionality.

Manager, Fashion Store

Initial feedback on the website has been positive, and Dazze Studio has proved to be responsive to issues. They have extensive technical experience and use it to manage complex engagements while communicating clearly with non-technical clients. Customers can expect a hands-on partner.

I am the manager of a fashion store in East London for women and homeware, and we are going to introduce menswear next season. We are relatively small, and we launched in 2018.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dazze Studio?

We wanted to launch an e-commerce store.

They built the whole platform for us. We had approached Jamie (Founder, Dazze Studio) and told him how we wanted the site to represent our store digitally.

The site is built on WooCommerce. It is a regular online store with a brand list, “about us” page, a wish list, and a pre-order section that we haven’t launched yet but will in the future. It’s also connected to our Instagram.

We have a system called Retail Pro that acts as our booking in and booking out system. It’s where we create all the products. We had to make sure that the website spoke to Retail Pro, and to do that, I think we had to get another platform called Octopus. Jamie organized all of that.

We worked with Jamie, and his wife did the font and colors.

How did you come to work with Dazze Studio?

They were suggested to us by a mutual friend. When it came to doing the website, we felt more comfortable going with someone who was suggested by friends and whose work we’d seen. We didn’t even approach anyone else. We did look at other website developers but decided to go with Dazze Studio.

I think it was around £20,000 ($2,500 USD).

It began in April 2019. It hasn’t really been completed yet, as they still help us out. Whenever I have a problem, I speak to Jamie. The e-commerce site went live in October 2019, and he does ongoing maintenance for us.

The feedback has been good. We are a smaller operation that’s only been around for over a year, so it’s slow, especially considering the current situation with COVID-19. But, we’re all hoping it will get better. It still hasn’t reached the stage where we can say we make most of our money from e-commerce. Before we shut the store due to Coronavirus, we were still making money predominantly through walk-ins rather than online, but I think it just takes time.

We maybe had a couple of glitches where the price was showing without text, but it was dealt with. People haven’t really raised any issues or any problems.

How did Dazze Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

It was quite good. My knowledge of e-commerce is quite limited so I wouldn’t know how to do the whole backend and frontend. I also wouldn’t know how to manage it. I just told them what we wanted the website to look like and what features we wanted, and Jamie made it happen.

I think Jamie is really hands-on, and I felt really comfortable approaching him at any time of day, and he would reply. He was really quick at sorting things out and dealing with issues whenever they happened. If I wasn’t sure about something, he would change it. Communication was easy with him.

No, not really. I don’t think I am the right person to ask because this is the first time I have been involved in launching an e-commerce site.

Be clear about what you want. From the very beginning, you need to know how you want the pages to look. I don’t know much about the backend but I understand the look of the website. Just be clear about what you want and what you don’t, as I think it makes everyone’s life easier.

Website Development for Boutique Merchandise Store

"Dazze Studio is exceptionally skilled at creating websites."

Dec. 2019 - Feb. 2020

Dazze Studio was tasked with building a website for a boutique merchandise store. The team developed the site on WordPress and was responsible for the design as well.

Japan
Taka Ishiyama
Founder, Nighthawks

With reliable project management and proven expertise, Dazze Studio created a final website that has impressed both customers and internal stakeholders. Customers can expect a smooth engagement.

I’m the founder of Nighthawks, a boutique merchandise store.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dazze Studio?

We needed someone to develop our website.

Dazze Studio designed and developed my website. I provided the team with all of the necessary content, and they integrated it onto the site. They worked in WordPress.

I worked with Jamie (Founder).

How did you come to work with Dazze Studio?

I knew Jamie from a previous role and asked him to develop my website. I had seen his work when we were co-workers and trusted he would be a good fit for our project.

We’ve spent £4,000 so far (approximately $5,000 USD).

The project took place from December 2019-February 2020.

Our customers are pleased with our website. We get consistent feedback from them that it’s visually appealing.

How did Dazze Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management style was really good. We used Slack to communicate and never had any issues. Jamie responded very quickly.

Dazze Studio is exceptionally skilled at creating websites.

No, I had a good experience with them.

The team is easy to understand. I recommend working with Dazze Studio.

He’s really quick.

Web Dev for E-Commerce Vintage Store

"Their speed and efficiency impressed me."

July 2018 - Ongoing

Dazze Studio created an e-commerce website based on rough design ideas.

Wadebridge, United Kingdom
Owner, Vintage Store

The vendor successfully completed the platform on time. As a result, the website has supported the generation of organic sales. Dazze had a well-structured workflow, and they maintained communication about their progress.

I'm the owner of a curated e-commerce store selling directional, handpicked vintage womenswear.

For what projects/services did your company hire Dazze Studio?

To develop and build our e-commerce store! I had initial design ideas, but aside from that I was a total novice and hired Dazze to guide me through the entire process.

I wanted the website to feel super unique and so challenged Dazze with a stripped-back aesthetic, but which still functioned like a leading online store.

He was recommended to me by a previous client of his.

The project began with me sending across initial designs and then Dazze building the concept out with a constant dialogue advising on what would function best for the customer journey etc.

I always dealt with same, one person, which really helped to ensure the communication was streamlined and nothing got missed.

We managed to generate some organic sales purely through the website, internal SEO work and press.

I set an initial month for completion which allowed Dazze to put together a comprehensive schedule which was adhered to and completed on time. Once again, there was a contact feed of communication from the team with updates and developments.

Their speed and efficiency impressed me. This applies to both the initial and additional development work as well as the continued support throughout.

It's great that I'm able to manually update and work on the backend but I do believe a more simplified backend system would have been beneficial for speed and efficiency, especially when it's only myself working on the project.

E-Commerce Dev & Web Design for Watch Brand

“I was very impressed with their in-depth technical knowledge, speed, and professionalism.”

May 2019 - Mar. 2020

Dazze Studio handled the website redesign and e-commerce development services for a watch brand. In efforts to increase conversion, their team resolved the bugs in the platform’s checkout process.

London, England
Michael Carr
Creative Director & CEO, Uniform Wares

The platform has seen a 20% increase in conversion and sales. Dazze Studio helped analyze and identify the website’s issues and then efficiently resolved them. Their team’s dedication and expertise instilled trust in the partner. Their friendly nature made them a pleasure to work with.

Uniform Wares is a small, independent watch brand based in London. Our watches are produced by our manufacturing partners in Switzerland but everything else from design and marketing to sales and dispatch is done in house, from our East London based studio. I am the Creative Director and CEO, taking care of product design and overseeing all aspects of the business.

For what projects/services did your company hire Dazze Studio?

Dazze Studio was hired to review and take care of a number of updates to our website, which was underperforming at the time due to bugs with the checkout process and a generally inefficient shopping experience.

We wanted to improve the checkout process, ease of shopping products and general user experience on the website and ultimately increase conversion as a result.

We had worked together in the past and I was very impressed with their in-depth technical knowledge, speed, and professionalism.

After fully reviewing the website, they identified it's main problem areas with the priority being the checkout process, where we had been experiencing a high rate of drop off. They conceded that this was largely caused by the checkout being too cumbersome and so rebuild a much simpler, one page checkout process which reacted in an immediate 20% uplift in conversion.

I was responsible for identifying the fundamental issues and requesting the work but am not from a technical background, so relied heavily on Dazze to review and identify what the specific causes were and manage the work required to fix them. We also had a separate digital marketing manager and another developer on hand to support basic work but Dazze spearheaded and oversaw all development projects.

After months of disappointing sales performance on our website, which otherwise seemed to be doing well, Dazze identified that though our traffic volume and interest in our product was positive, the inefficient checkout process meant that we had a high rate of drop off, causing very disappointing conversion.

Once identified as one of the main issues, Dazze designed, built and had a new checkout process up and running within days, having and immediate effect on our sales, increasing conversion by 20%.

Dazze would report directly to myself on main projects, managing the additional developer themselves and working in parallel with the digital marketing manager.

Their combination of in-depth technical knowledge, speed, and professionalism, combined with their friendly nature made them a pleasure to work with. This also instilled in me a level of trust that is rare in this industry, meaning that I could leave them to manage projects in the knowledge that they were doing things in the most efficient way possible and that the quality and speed of their work would be proven by the clearly evident results it delivered.

E-Commerce Development for Fashion Consultancy

“Everything we asked for was done to a really high standard.”

Nov. 2019 - Feb. 2020

Dazze Studio handled the e-commerce and web development efforts for a fashion consultancy. Their team revamped the platform using Shopify as well as implemented SEO services and new UX designs.

London, England
Lesley Boerio
E-commerce Consultant, ABLT Partners

The platform was built to a high standard and functionality. The partner is happy with its look and feel. Dazze Studio delivered quality, researched work and was organized throughout the entirety of the project. Transparency and efficiency are hallmarks of their work.

I’m an e-commerce consultant for ABLT Partners. They invest and advise brands that are looking to grow within the fashion sector, particularly focusing on e-commerce and retail.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dazze Studio?

We needed a new developer for our website.

First, Dazze Studio looked at the former setup of the platform, which was built through Shopify. We knew certain features weren’t initially developed correctly, so their team reviewed and resolved those issues. Then, they also provided SEO services. Their team updated the platform’s top navigation, return policy, shipping fees, and everything that’d increase usability.

One major update is how the website can now accept US dollars — this was one of our priorities. The site is still on Shopify, and Dazze Studio handled everything dealing with that. They also completed a lot of UX designs for the frontend.

I only worked with Jamie (Founder) and didn’t speak to anyone else. He was my point of contact.

How did you come to work with Dazze Studio?

They were a recommendation from another developer we recently worked with. That developer said Dazze Studio would be a great agency to work with.

We invested £4,000 (approximately 4,700 USD).

The project lasted from November 2019–February 2020.

Everything we asked for was done to a really high standard. The Dazze Studio team never made any negative comments. The website looks great and nothing needed to be changed once it went live. Everyone is very happy with how everything looks and functions.

Dazze Studio’s work was very well done and researched. If there were any problems, their team was very transparent about it. If a bug was found, they told me immediately and resolved it. It was clear they weren’t trying to hide if something had gone wrong. I’d definitely work with them again.

How did Dazze Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

Jamie was really good. He is very organized and contactable. What’s more, he always did everything that was asked.

Dazze Studio is very efficient and organized. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them. I never heard Jamie say he couldn’t do something.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Definitely talk to Jamie, get a proposal, and see what you think. I’d highly recommend working with them.

Web Development for Boutique Store

"The entire team is impressive."

July 2017 - July 2019

Dazze Studio made improvements to the website for an online fashion boutique. This included improving the search, navigation menu, loading speed, detail pages, checkout and more.

Head of Digital & Media, Online Boutique

The engagement increased email referral traffic by 39% and increased traffic by 34%, exceeding the expectations of the internal team. Dazze Studio communicates effectively and adheres to set deadlines, encouraging a smooth workflow. The team is dedicated and skilled.

Combining the welcoming energy of a home with the luxury of a gallery and the dynamism of a retail space, our store hosts a finely honed edit of fashion, furniture, art, design, photography, ceramics and rare books, all hand selected by our creative director. I'm the Head of Digital and Media, managing the online store.

For what projects/services did your company hire Dazze Studio?

Designed and built new email marketing templates, optimised key web pages and improved performance of the website

Improve user experience, customer acquisition and increase sales on the website. To increase daily traffic, average order value (AOV) and sales for the website.

word of mouth

They have:

• optimised key web pages, adding clear CTAs
  • improved search and navigation menus
  • improved product detail pages
  • improved checkout
  • improved website speed

The project manager Jamie worked with a couple of developers

• increased email referral traffic by 39%
  • increased revenue by 34%
  • increased Website load time by 456%

Impressive project management, complying with deadlines and great communication

The project manager was always accessible and very organized in the way he presented information. The entire team is impressive.

Not that I can think of