Web Design, Web Hosting, SEO, & Internet Marketing

David has been designing custom websites since 1998 & he is passionate about using structured data, web standards, & best practices to help his clients succeed.

Working 1 on 1 with business owners, David Martin helps guide entrepreneurs & business owners to develop & implement sustainable long term digital strategies. He is a detail-oriented marketing professional that listens well, asks questions to understand problems, & thinks creatively to provide affordable marketing solutions.

• Managed Business Web Hosting with FREE SSL, large amounts of file storage, and unlimited email addresses.
  • Search engine Optimization including optimized titles on all pages, meta descriptions, and structured HTML tags and schema data for better Google, Bing, and Yahoo rankings.
  • Custom hand-coded website designs coded with valid HTML, CSS3, and optimized for fast loading.
  • Wordpress websites installed, configured, and optimized with recommended plugins for speed, security, and easy maintenance.
  • Social media marketing including optimization and setup of profiles.

Freelancer
2004
Bloomington, IN
  • 5776 W Monarch Ct
    Bloomington, IN 47403

Red Tutoring Inc, Ava's Waste Removal, Fresh Outlook LLC

New Custom Website Kicked Off for Ava’s Waste Removal Image

New Custom Website Kicked Off for Ava’s Waste Removal

Steve and Mary agreed that in addition to a custom website, we needed to make sure that other important accounts were also setup. In addition to building a responsive website for Ava’s, David did some additional account setup including:

• setup a shared workspace for content planning
  • registered a domain name (
rel="nofollow">https://avaswasteremoval.com)
  • setup a Google calendar for Recycling
  • connected Google Analytics to keep track of website visitors and statistics
  • setup Google Search Console to see keyword queries that people are searching for
  • setup Google Photos for sharing photos to put on the website and improving them
  • built helpful content for customers that also accurately described Ava’s Waste Removal and their services (weekly trash pickup, dumpster rentals, roll off containers).
  • After developing some great content, we turned that into structured semantic HTML with Schema data for good results and high ranking on the search engine ranking pages. I tested the website for valid HTML and pagespeed and was very happy with the results. There was a tradeoff when we added the Facebook Messenger widget into the website. It caused two errors and also made the pagespeed score go from 99 out of 100 to 41 out of 100. The pagespeed decrease is worth it in my opinion so that customers can message them on Facebook Messenger.

Steve & Mary from Ava’s wrote a great review about our work together and it’s so nice to have that happen.

“David did a great job! He’s responsive, organized, and generally cares about helping us grow our business. From beginning to end David was attentive to our needs and delivered a great website. Highly recommend his services!”Google Review from Steve @ Ava’s Waste Removal
    A Fresh New Website for Fresh Outlook LLC Image

A Fresh New Website for Fresh Outlook LLC

Fresh Outlook works to always show a high quality of work, integrity, and reliability and to create a personal long term relationship. They bring out the beauty in homes and are very dedicated to make sure their customers feel their services are well worth the expense.

In addition to building a responsive website for Fresh Outlook LLC, David did some additional account setup including:

• registered a
    domain name (https://freshoutlookllc.com)
  • setup a shared Google workspace for content planning
  • setup web hosting and pointed domain name DNS to new web hosting
  • picked out Google fonts and created style guidelines for branding
  • setup Google My Business, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Photos
  • optimized HomeAdvisor profile and integrated badges into website
  • created square logo images for social media profiles
  • wrote custom meta title tags, meta descriptions, canonical url tags, and optimized all website pages with schema data for high ranking in the search engine results pages.
  • created graphic designs for image slider and gallery images
  • setup PayPal for Business
  • setup Yelp
  • customized Facebook settings
  • setup apps for running business from phone
  • submitted the website to Google and Bing

A New Modern WordPress Design for Red Tutoring

David Martin Design has recently finished redesigning the redtutoring.com website for Becca Dilger, founder and sole proprietor of the Bloomington-based tutoring service Red Tutoring, Inc.

Personal Website WordPress Dev for Musician

"I'm very happy with his work and have recommended him to others!"

Jan. 2012 - Ongoing

David Martin Design LLC designed two personal websites to advertise a professional musician's music and background. The websites were built with WordPress.

Illinois
    Music Ensemble Co-Director, Large Private University

The vendor created a beautifully designed website and also trained the client on how to update and edit the pages. The workflow was very efficient and effective. David Martin Design LLC is always available to answer any questions or concerns.

I am a professional conductor on faculty a prestigious music school. I’m also a singer/songwriter and David has helped me with two professional websites. One for conducting and one for songwriting

For what projects/services did your company hire David Martin Design LLC?

I hired David to design two websites- one for my conducting activities and career and one for my songwriting activities.

The goals were to create a clear, comprehensive and informative websites for both conducting and songwriting and to have clear performance dates displayed and sections for biographies, media, press and contact information.

I was made aware of his website expertise through other associates at Indiana University. I met David Martin in Bloomington, Indiana back in 2011. And he showed me his work for other professional musicians and was very impressed.

As previously states, the projects were for my personal websites depicting my activities in my music career - one website for songwriting and one for conducting. I also wanted to learn how to update these sites myself and Wordpress was a great option.

Not applicable.

David has been terrific! He not only successfully created these beautiful designs out for both websites, but clearly trained me how to edit and update things myself. And he keeps himself available so he can answer or help with any other issues that come up. I'm very happy with his work and have recommended him to others!

Very effective, efficient and consistent.

His ability to train me to use the Wordpress sites myself. And how quick he would add or fix anything that came up with very little to zero notice.

He’s great and will only get better.

Web Design and IT Services for Horse Breeder

“David is easy to get along with, smart, and a good conversationalist.”

Jul. 2007 - Ongoing

David Martin Design LLC provides web development and IT support for a farm that breeds horses. Tasks include content transfer, hardware walkthroughs, and any IT or social media needs.

Bowling Green, Indiana
    Owner, Horse Breeding Farm

David Martin Design LLC addresses any problems that arise. David, the owner, is very accommodating, and he travels to work onsite as needed. He is easy to work with, personable, and technologically correct in everything he does.

We have a farm that raises jumping horses and breeds international bloodlines. I'm part of the family that owns the farm, and I manage the property.

What challenge were you trying to address with David Martin Design LLC?

I wanted someone to help build our website. Then, a woman who traded horses in Virginia completely changed it as part of a deal to pay off a debt.

David Martin helped me add pictures and things I needed to transfer on the site. I went from a very simplistic site and computer, but the breed registry I belong to convinced me to switch to Apple. I wasn't used to any of it, but he explained everything to me and was very helpful. The pictures aren't located in one place, so he helped me find all of them and put them right.

He helps with IT services and our social media, and the website was designed to help us sell more horses and increase our business potential. Our clients get information about horses on our site. We're currently in the process of redoing the site as our stock changes and grows older.

I work directly with David, the owner.

How did you come to work with David Martin Design LLC?

We've worked together for a long time, and I don't remember how we found him originally.

I’ve spent less than $10,000 over the course of our relationship.

We’ve worked together for about twelve years, and he still helps me.

I've faced some issues with hardware, but David often finds ways to fix things I can't. I use him whenever I run into a problem I can't address.

How did David Martin Design LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

He drives to me and is always very good about working with me at the farm, even though it's out of his way. Skype didn't work for me, so he accommodated my needs. He's always very technically correct, and I've profited from everything he's taught me.

David is easy to get along with, smart, and a good conversationalist. I'm so happy with the work he does for me.

He fulfills all my expectations, and I see no room for improvement in the work he does for us.

I don't have any particular advice. If your expectations are similar to ours, I know he would work very well for you.

He met all my deadlines.
      David answered all my questions and showed me how to do what I wanted.
      I would definitely recommend him.

Web Design for Art Nonprofit

"Our engagement continues to be effective and grow organically."

May 2014 - Ongoing

David Martin Design LLC designed a website for an art nonprofit. This included integrating social media channels, analytics, and site structure.

Bloomington, Indiana
    Adam Nahas
    Artisan Alley

David Martin Design LLC continues to run the site, allowing for its continued success. They are versatile and flexible, continuing to shift their level of involvement over time.

I am the Executive Director of Artisan Alley. We are a 501(c)3 Non Profit and our mission is to bring together area artists and the local community to foster art education, art collaboration, and cooperation in support of the arts.

For what projects/services did your company hire David Martin Design LLC?

Web Design, Social media integration, Analytics, Sub-site Structure,

To create multiple, linked sites that helped explain our different locations and services clearly on a platform that is easy for my staff to add content and make simple edits to from time to time

We are friends.

Too Many to mention

I worked closely with David once a week and we would work with our other staff on a one-by-one basis to help train them on the websites.

David, has singlehandedly run my online presence and has created the foundation for a simpler way to run my business.

Arranged based on our mutual flexibiltiy. Our engagement continues to be effective and grow organically.

His work ethic and knowledge got him in the door, but his Versatility, flexibility and willingness to come to me to get work done, got him in the family.

I just wish I could afford him full time.