Putting the tech in Fintech

Cybrilla was started with the goal of helping founders realise their dreams by being their tech partners. After 7 years of doing what we do best we have helped more than a 100 startups launch and scale till date. Entreprises now work with us to build their next set of products.

The core idea when working with startups is that we need to deliver at the very first instance and need to deliver fast. There needs to be a bang for every buck spent but delays in delivery can cost something much more precious, oppurtunity cost. The answer is rapid development while incurring minimal technical debt. Over the years we have perfected our processes and development frameworks to work in unison towards on common goal, to ship solid code fast.

Each of our project is directly overseen by a technical architect who sets the framework and guides the team of developers. Not one line of code reaches production without having been reviewed by the architect. The architect works along a product owner who owns the delivery of the product and ensures communication across teams. Devs are assigned based on what is needed to be coded. We maintain considerable code coverage (>75% at any point) and practice CI & CD.

Bangalore, India

Scripbox.com (Wealthfront of India)

Wealthapp.com (Risk profile based robo advisory)

Clearfunds.com (Direct Funds investment portal)

Earningscast.com (Quarterly earnings calls aggregator for North America)

Kaducollect.com (Payment gateway aggregator for S.America)

Neogrowth.in (FlowBased lending)

ToneTag.com (Sound based payments)

Omveria.com (iBeacon based Mobile app engine)

Ruby Development for SaaS Platform

“Overall, they’re a stellar team. I have nothing but respect for their company, culture, and capabilities.”

Jan. 2013- Dec. 2015

Cybrilla created a dynamic cloud-based platform for iOS and Android using Ruby on Rails. It uses AI technology to identify and open outside institutions’ applications based on location and user preferences.

Lexington, Kentucky
Rick Baker
Founder & CTO, Omveria

Cybrilla produced a bug-free platform on time and under budget. Their work is still functioning perfectly after more than a year on the market. The team was an excellent partner overall, managing an organized workflow, providing valuable insight, and showing unwavering commitment to the project.

I’m the founder and CTO of Omveria. We work with startups. Our most current project involves building an AI-driven application.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cybrilla?

We were looking to create a unique and one-of-a-kind product. Our idea had never been executed before, so we first needed to figure out if it was possible. Then, we needed to secure approval from Apple to launch the application. We knew we’d be permitted by the Android Market, but there are more restrictions with Apple. To help us out, we needed a vendor with experience using Ruby on Rails technology to create an application we could share with Apple, potential investors, and ultimately, the public.

I wanted to create a single application that launched an infinite number of other applications with the touch of a single icon. As users walk around with the platform, applications for relevant or recommended businesses, restaurants, and shops would open on their mobile devices. The system would recommend apps in an order based only on location initially but would use AI technology to analyze user behavior and organize lists according to their preferences. Users have the ability to follow certain applications within the platform to further build an accurate user profile.

I shared these complex ideas with the Cybrilla team, and they built the entire platform using Ruby on Rails technology. It’s a cloud-based product with additional native iOS and Android elements programmed on each version. There are no advertisements on the platform, unless the user chooses to browse the explore section. They also implemented multi-layer administrative and control capabilities to accommodate institutions that host a variety of services like universities, arenas, or malls. We developed and patented a concept called “hives”. Different app providers featured on the platform can group themselves in hives and conduct promotions across their businesses. Hives can be formed around a variety of factors like location or existing partnerships.

I had two main points of contact, Satish (Co-founder & CEO, Cybrilla) and Anchal (Chief Business Officer, Cybrilla). They were both very professional. They also provided several programmers and a project coordinator, and also collaborated with a Spain-based artist that I was working with.

How did you come to work with Cybrilla?

I’d decided to use Ruby on Rails because of its speed capabilities, so I narrowed my search to only vendors with proven experience working with the technology. In total, I interviewed over 10 different companies. While speaking with Cybrilla, they shared some of their past work and provided some references. They had a strong portfolio, and I felt comfortable with their team. I knew that they were the right choice for this project.

The total cost added up to about $300,000.

We worked on this project from January 2013–December 2015.

They delivered a bug-free application by the deadline, so we were able to launch on schedule. The system hasn’t crashed in over a year. We requested some unique and complex development work, and they were able to build out all of those elements. Overall, they were amazing. I’d definitely work with them again. They’d be my first choice if I ever work on another project that requires similar expertise.

Near the end of our engagement, our investors asked us to have a third-party company review the platform’s code. We found an outside source with a reputation of being fierce and critical in their code reviews. After analyzing the platform, they said it was an excellently crafted application overall, but made several small recommendations which Cybrilla implemented willingly.

How did Cybrilla perform from a project management standpoint?

I prefer using management tools rather than email to communicate and document the project. In my experience, it allows for more efficient organization and sets the foundation for a clear roadmap. They understood my stance and adjusted their workflow to accommodate my preferences, routinely updating all management platforms and Excel sheets. We also scheduled monthly status meetings to discuss their progress. They were always honest, whether they were ahead of schedule or a bit behind. We were on the same page throughout the collaboration.

The Cybrilla team is clear-minded and proactive. They like to plan the project’s full scope before starting any of the development work. They spent three months in the architecture phase to assure they’d deliver a perfect final project. Their methodology is highly professional. Additionally, the team is capable of working independently. If I ever had to take some time off, they’d take over to assure we never missed a milestone.

They truly handled all aspects of the engagement with skill. Overall, they’re a stellar team. I have nothing but respect for their company, culture, and capabilities. Anchal and Satish managed an elite and affordable project. Anchal is very wise. He uses his deep background in the industry to offer valuable advice and insight. Satish is a fantastic programmer that stands out among his in-field competition.

The Cybrilla team doesn’t simply listen to requirements, take notes, and execute; they work to improve whatever idea they’re presented. They think of their client’s business as their own, paying close attention to detail, brainstorming alternative approaches, and doing background research. They asked a lot of questions, and they willingly answered any of ours. The team is highly collaborative.

Additionally, they’re working to grow a global network to expand their worldview and market offerings. The team isn’t afraid of the competition, always looking for sources to learn new techniques and approaches. They also make sure to stay up to date on industry news and trends.

Usually, I can find something to critique in outside designers’ work, but I provided my own artist for this project. Looking specifically at Cybrilla, I have no complaints. They were a fantastic partner.

They’re one of the best agencies I’ve worked with—on par with some elite global firms. They can take the smallest idea and transform it into something valuable and profitable. There were challenges, but we overcame them together. Clients should prepare for a highly collaborative engagement with the Cybrilla team.

Web, iOS, & Android Development for Fintech Company

"The platform benefits my business because Cybrilla was open to different ideas and experimentation."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Cyrbrilla supplements development resources for web, iOS, and Android applications. They have tested the solutions and collaborated on algorithms. The team now focuses on ongoing enhancements.

Founder, Investment Advisory Company

As a result of Cybrilla’s expedited workflows and experimentation approach, the applications continue to aid growth. The team leverages strong project management skills to produce quality solutions.

I founded a fintech company that helps people manage their money via simple investment instruments.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cybrilla?

We needed to outsource technology development resources.

They’ve developed multiple web applications and mobile apps for iOS and Android. Cybrilla collaborated on automating algorithms, which we write in-house to support end customers’ UX. The team tested code before moving into production. Cybrilla finished the website’s build in about five months and took an additional three months to deliver the mobile apps. They now focus on improvements and product experimentation.

The product owner is my main point of contact. His team includes a system architect and iOS and Android developers.

How did you come to work with Cybrilla?

I did an online search. We hired Cybrilla because the team had relevant industry experience and great credentials. We were confident in their ability to deliver quickly, especially compared to other vendors we considered.

We’ve spent between $150,000–$200,000.

We started working together in early 2016 and the partnership is ongoing.

The applications benefit my business because Cybrilla was open to different ideas and experimentation. We’ve had a positive experience with them.

How did Cybrilla perform from a project management standpoint?

The team onboarded quickly and I haven’t faced any major challenges with them. We use Notepad to track progress and exchange notes securely.

Cyrbilla’s flexible approach enables the team to expedite development and deployment. The solutions’ quality is also noteworthy.

I’d love it if they could deliver more quickly.

Explain the requirements as clearly as possible.