A creative product development agency.

Bronze

Cuttlesoft is a creative product development agency. We craft beautifully designed and highly scalable solutions for web, mobile, IoT, and the cloud.

Denver, CO
  • 3301 Lawrence Street, Ste. 1
    Denver, CO 80205

Software Prototype Dev for University

"The company's expertise, their attention to details and their ability to listen stood out."

May 2016 - June 2017

Cuttlesoft created a prototype of a virtual technology transfer office. The software solution houses secure information, which can be accessed by various stakeholders.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Tallahassee, Florida

The prototype is functional, and internal stakeholders have plans to market it to external stakeholders. Cuttlesoft has been communicative, invested, and deadline-oriented. They excel at working independently.

I serve as the Technology Transfer Director at a University.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cuttlesoft?

We wanted to begin building a prototype of a patented method we had to collect information and store and protect valuable pieces of university intellectual property.

To have a working prototype that could be marketed and built out even further with more capabilities added over time when our funding permitted it.

They were housed in DOMI Station which was just down the street from our campus and Cuttlesoft had a reputation for doing quality work in a reasonable time frame. Since we were all part of the Tallahassee Tech Ecosystem, I wanted to partner with my neighbors.

Cuttlesoft researched my function as a technology transfer manager and incorporated the information I collected from my inventors, the process I used to collect and store the data and the criteria I used to classify and recall it into one place that could be accese3d by many different users in an environment that was still confidential and secure for the university, tech manager, or even the inventor that had new intellectual property to disclose.

I was assigned a specialist who researched my functions, then she custom coded what I needed in the software package with my direction. She worked fabulously in an independent fashion for 95% of the time. But when she did need a deeper bit of expertise, the owners of the company stepped in and solved the challenges that were too difficult for her to handle. I believe that was only twice during the whole build and test process.

We got a successfully running prototype and we plan to market it to other schools as soon as we figure out how we want to handle the confidential data that is generating in running the VTTO environment.

Well, she was dedicated to my project, so it went very well. We met or talked weekly and went over the functionalities and changes to the software in real-time. New goals were set for each week and I cannot remember a time when they were not met.

The company's expertise, their attention to details and their ability to listen stood out. They processed information in order to deliver exactly what was asked for and needed were outstanding.

I just wish I had the cash in my budget to run the environment and finish building out the model w had set up in the beginning. but like everything else, I am working on it and I couldn't image any other outfit working on it for me.

Overall Score Like I said, i can't wait until we have the resources to run it in the real world and even finish building the rest of it out.
    always flexible
    we had a budget that we agreed upon and they stuck to it
    excellent outcome
    absolutely

Mobile App Development for Nonprofit Association

"Their creativity, thoughtfulness, and detail-orientation showed they really cared..."

Apr. - June 2016

Cuttlesoft produced an iOS and Android app. Functionalities include push notifications and the ability for users to view an events calendar.

51- 200 Employees

Mat Willey
Former Director, Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association

App downloads have increased by over 100%, and it's received positive feedback. Cuttlesoft's easy-to-understand, practical explanations and big-picture perspective added value. Their client-orientation was illustrated by a proactive and transparent collaboration style.

I was the director of marketing for the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association. I was the director of marketing for that nonprofit.

What challenge were you trying to address with CuttleSoft?

We’d used a bunch of third-party apps in the past, and that wasn’t working for us. We didn’t want a solution that came straight from the box. We were looking to build an app that we could continue to customize over time. The app had to be simple to use, it had to work across all platforms, and it needed to be incredibly clean.

Most of their work on the app was a custom-build, and they built it for iOS and Android. It was designed to have continuity with our CMS website.

The app doubled as the everyday app for the nonprofit. Members can log in to view upcoming events, chapter meetings, accreditations, and learning opportunities. (To operate a restaurant, you have to be qualified by the health department, which requires ongoing training.) The app also sends push notifications, which we used to notify users of legislation related to the restaurant industry.

They had about 3 to 4 people on their team. I mainly dealt with Emily (Co-Founder & Director of Engineering, Cuttlesoft) and Frank (Director of Operations, Cuttlesoft). I met with them, outlined ideas, and asked them questions.

How did you come to work with CuttleSoft?

I knew they were folks working in the marketing industry. I met with Frank to talk about some of our goals, and he mentioned what they do.

I pursued them more than they came after me because I had an idea of what I wanted, and I was trying to find someone who could do it. I saw some of the projects that Frank and Emily had accomplished.

We had 2–3 weeks of conversations before I ever brought them in to officially present what we were trying to do. They told me, “You can do 90% of that, and here’s the 10% you can’t.” That was incredibly helpful and enlightening. Up until then, I’d been told by other companies that we couldn’t do those things.

We probably ended up investing around $28,000 altogether.

We started working together in 2016, and we had an ongoing relationship. They built the app over 2–3 months, and then we had a small retainer for the next three months to cover any issues.

Our app downloads increased by up to 200% or 300%. We didn’t get any negative feedback — everyone loved it. They may have wanted more out of it, but they understood this was our first iteration. It was a great first step.

The most interaction with the app happened during big events or when important legislation was being passed. Users could use their app as the gateway into the information they needed (e.g. looking at event agendas).

During the partnership, they came up with ideas we weren’t expecting that we really liked. When we highlighted those new features to vice presidents and management, that won them over. Their creativity, thoughtfulness, and detail-orientation showed they really cared about the organization.

Cuttlesoft had excellent customer service. They explained their tasks, how they would get accomplish them, and then they didn’t miss deadlines. At the end of the day, that was huge.

How did Cuttlesoft perform from a project management standpoint?

They were the easiest company I worked with while I was employed there. I asked questions throughout the partnership, but they also reached out independently with updates. They would say, “We’re through with wireframing, let us know if you see anything that’s off.” Then, I would take those things and filter them to people that I trust.

If I had questions, they always answered them and provided a reason for what they were doing. In particular, they were very good about making sure features made sense on a larger level (e.g. how it would produce an ROI).

Also, they were very upfront, transparent, and helpful. They would say, “Hey, this is a place where you can make changes, but once we go past this step, it’s going to be difficult to go back.” They’d tell us the cost and let us know if they thought something wouldn’t add value.

They were really good at breaking down the information we needed in a way that I could understand it. Whenever I brought them into a meeting with my vice president, who wasn’t as technologically advanced, they broke down the information into bite-sized pieces. Since cost is very important for nonprofits, they helped him understand how we were going to recoup some of the money we were spending.

Cuttlesoft never tried to sell me on things. Instead of promising us the world and then giving a proposal that didn’t match, they explained how their work would help our organization. They set my expectations from the beginning and then exceeded them.

They do a good job of marrying complicated technical solutions with real-world talk. Also, I never felt like they were talking down to us. Their transparency and communication are two big things that stand out.

No. Their services are expensive, but I don’t fault them for that. They do such a good job of explaining why something will cost a certain amount that I never question it. They know what they’re worth, and that’s good.

If they provided examples of how other people have used revenue from their apps to offset the cost, that could be helpful.

Someone considering Cuttlesoft should sit down with the principals and talk honestly about what they’re trying to do. Cuttlesoft is really capable and extraordinarily talented. So, if you tell them your vision, they can scale it up or down appropriately.

It would be a good idea to have a conversation with them even if you’ve already picked a vendor. Since Cuttlesoft thinks outside of the box, they might be able to bring ideas that other folks aren’t utilizing.

They were fantastic.
    The cost was 4, but the value was a 5, so I’ll split the difference with a 4.5.
    I got everything I asked for.

App Development for Public Healthcare Platform

"All the developers seem happy to work there and proud of their brand."

Jan. 2015 - Mar. 2016

Cuttlesoft integrated with an existing team to help develop a national public health platform. They worked in Python and focused on scaling application capacity while maintaining secure code.

Christine Urban
Product Manager, Ruvos

The work performed by the Cuttlesoft team was exceptional, far exceeding all project requirements and quality expectations. They inspired trust in their work through dedication, transparency, and their supportive attitude throughout the development process.

Product Manager for IT healthcare company that servers on a national public health platform level.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cuttlesoft?

We needed to build additional capacity while working on multiple projects in the public health informatics domain.

To launch and maintain public health IT services.

There are a number of custom development shops to choose from, but we were seeking expertise with the Python language.

The Cuttlesoft team worked diligently along side of our developers to complete projects on time and within budget. We were launching a new national public health platform and they were critical in helping us achieve this goal. We needed to develop infrastructure to support a nationwide application, as well as the application itself under tight security constraints.

The total team involved over fifteen people that ranged from account managers, business analysts, devops, security teams, testing and development. Cuttlesoft integrated with our development team seamlessly.

In our experience, it is very difficult to find a team that you can count on and works so well with in-house developers. We had total trust in the Cuttlesoft team, knowing that they were there for us enabled us to take on additional work which increased our revenue.

We had a professional in-house project manager who worked with the point of contact at Cuttlesoft. We found Cuttlesoft to be transparent about the status of their work as well as available.

The talent on the team is exceptional. You can tell that the work environment must be supportive. All the developers seem happy to work there and proud of their brand. I really appreciated the reliability of the team most of all.

The team works so hard that I worry that they will burn out. They were always available and it was evident that they worked on nights and weekends to get the job done and I am not sure if that is sustainable.

Software Development for Healthcare Technology Company

“They went beyond just shipping code to really help us achieve our business objectives.”

July 2018 - Ongoing

They designed and developed a healthcare improvement tracking platform using Ruby on Rails and various JavaScript frameworks. Post-launch, the team maintained the software and helped onboard internal engineers.

Newnan, Georgia
Daniel Baily
CEO, Beterra Health

Cuttlesoft executed a seamless, bug-free rollout while adhering to a strict deadline. Internal stakeholders were pleased that they not only developed excellent code but built a product tailored to business objectives and user personas. The accommodating team provided actionable insights.

I’m the CEO of Beterra Health, a technology healthcare company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cuttlesoft?

We needed help creating a new product, the ACT Improvement System. ACT is a workflow-based platform that helps healthcare organizations and systems, hospitals, and clinics track improvement plans around patient safety and quality. Users identify different goals for improving the outcomes of their organization’s healthcare services, and then track them to see if they’re successful or not.

We’d done some discovery across our client base and had completed a few initial designs, but we needed to expedite building the product out. We realized that we didn’t have the internal capacity to meet our deadline.

The first phase of the project entailed getting Cuttlesoft up to speed on what Beterra Health does. Some Cuttlesoft team members flew to our office and spent a couple of days in the office so that they could really communicate key specifics, such as who we are as an organization, what business problem we were pursuing, what this product was, and what core design principles we wanted to see come through in the build of the product.

We then entered a second phase of breaking down requirements. We discussed what we wanted the new product to do, and we established an approach to completing the project that took the time constraints into consideration. Then, we began the build phase. Our teams worked together to develop the product quite rapidly. Cuttlesoft built the product out using my company’s tech stack, which included Ruby on Rails and various JavaScript frameworks, like Ember. Cuttlesoft did everything from design to software architecture.

Finally, Cuttlesoft helped bring the product to market, and then they maintained the software for about four months. As my company grew alongside this new product, Cuttlesoft also helped us onboard engineers and educate them about the software.

We had the chance to engage with a number of people from Cuttlesoft. My day-to-day point of contact was Frank (Co-Founder, CEO, Director of Operations, Cuttlesoft). We also worked with fantastically brilliant engineers.

How did you come to work with Cuttlesoft?

Some of our engineers put a call out on various forums. I believe we may have actually found Cuttlesoft on Clutch. They were among the 10–15 companies that made the first cut. As a non-technical CEO, I was looking for someone who could understand our business objectives and needs from a build perspective and also translate those into product requirements. During our initial touchpoints with various vendors, Cuttlesoft reached the top of the list because they were willing to adapt to our needs.

Our work together lasted from July 2018–June 2019. After 4–6 weeks of establishing objectives and requirements, the product build phase spanned August 2018–February 2019. They maintained the software until June, at which point they helped us onboard engineers and bring them up to speed on the software. In the future, we hope to build out more of the software with Cuttlesoft, so they’re definitely part of the partner set going forward.

Since this is a brand-new product, we’re closely monitoring its functionality. The rollout was very impressive; we experienced no major issues, bugs, or downtime. They launched the product on time and very close to the budget we’d put out six months prior. Our clients expected a complete product, and that’s what they got.

How did Cuttlesoft perform from a project management standpoint?

From the beginning, Cuttlesoft was very willing to accommodate our process and how we wanted to do things. Rather than just taking our instructions and going off to build the product, they consulted us throughout the process. This is evident in how they helped us with outside tasks, such as providing input on building our internal engineering team.

Cuttlesoft was very flexible. We had weekly technical meetings, during which we discussed any issues. The team also sent us weekly status emails to let us know what was being worked on or extra information we needed to move the process along. They gave us more detailed pieces of information, such as Gantt charts, providing us with all of the necessary information to get up to speed.

I had monthly calls with Frank to get a general sense of how the project was going in terms of budget, timeline, features, and scope. With complex projects such as this one, there are usually overlooked or unexpected components that arise, and Cuttlesoft always helped us with those.

Their commitment to being a partner stood out. They were aligned around helping us make a difference in the marketplace. They delivered great code, but a lot of companies do that; where they really excelled was being a great partner. The team did a great job internalizing our use cases and user personas, which was impressive to me as a non-technical client leader.

The engineering team didn’t hesitate to questions some of the designs or workflows we initially put forth, and they provided great recommendations alongside their push back. A good part of our product came from the thoughtfulness of the Cuttlesoft team. They went beyond just shipping code to really help us achieve our business objectives.

They could’ve better communicated the value upfront. We hired them because we believed the value would be there, and this proved extensively true, but we would’ve liked to hear how they were oriented toward the value and not just shopping code. In terms of the day-to-day work, they exceeded our expectations.

Be clear about what you’re trying to accomplish through whatever product you’re hiring them to develop. Trust the team at Cuttlesoft to understand your business and market, and to provide recommendations. The more we let them push back, the better off we were for it.

Frontend Web Dev for IT Services Firm

"Their engineering is exceptional."

June 2017 - Ongoing

Cuttlesoft manages remote staff augmentation for web and mobile development tasks, migrating a web-based SDK to iOS and Android and filling in requirement gaps as needed to deliver complete solutions.

Atlanta, Georgia
CEO, IT Services Firm

Thanks to Cuttlesoft’s exceptional programming resources, all deliverables have met extremely high internal standards for quality and performance. The team’s reliable turnaround time, clear organization, and willingness to adapt continue to add value.

I am the CEO of an IT services firm that does predictive analytics in the real estate industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cuttlesoft?

I originally hired Cuttlesoft for staff augmentation for web frontend development.

We worked with Katie, who is a programmer. She did a lot of JavaScript and HTML style for us. She connected into our GitHub project remotely, met with us weekly, and worked with my development team on different requirements. We gave her an outline of requirements, which wasn’t too in depth, and she filled in the gaps on her own and was able to complete the work.

We also worked with Emily [Co-Founder and CTO, Cuttlesoft], who is currently developing a mobile version of the SDK [software development kit] for our API. We’d written our SDK in JavaScript, and she is writing it for iOS and Android. She is essentially taking our iOS code and importing it to the new environment. She’s also handling all of the things that come with migrating a web SDK to a mobile SDK.

In addition to Katie and Emily, we’ve worked with Frank [Director of Operations, Cuttlesoft]. I’ve also worked with a couple of the project managers, but I specifically coordinate with Frank at a higher level for getting the project going, picking staff, and setting the outline of the project scope.

How did you come to work with Cuttlesoft?

I was referred to them by one of our investors.

We have invested around $50,000.

We started working with Cuttlesoft in June or July 2017, and the work is ongoing.

We’ve had a great experience. The programmers they’ve assigned to our projects have been exceptional. I have no complaints, which is pretty surprising since we have specific goals and high standards, and I have not had much success in the past with other consulting companies. We were very pleasantly surprised with Cuttlesoft.

How did Cuttlesoft perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management has been fine. We don’t ask them to handle a lot of project management; they largely are responsible for resource management. We have weekly meetings to outline the sprint, what was done and needs to be done, and any questions they might have; that part is very organized. We mostly communicate through our Slack environment.

Their engineering is exceptional.

All of the deadlines we gave Cuttlesoft were met.
    The cost is a little more expensive than I’d like, but we still use them.
    Cuttlesoft offers incredible engineering.
    I would refer them.

App Dev for Weather E-Learning Platform

“[T]hey get the job done, have a lot of confidence, and are not afraid of stiff deadlines."

Nov. 2014 - Ongoing

Cuttlesoft developed an app for iOS and Android using an Ionic framework. They worked alongside in-house backend development and data-procurement teams to design an app featuring data, images, and live video.

Ed Mansouri
Founder, WeatherSTEM

The project was completed to a very tight deadline and within the allocated budget. Cuttlesoft was adaptable to an open-ended project management model and responded quickly to all issues that arose. The app now has tens of thousands of active users and works successfully.

I am the Founder and Chief Software Architect of a weather platform. My job is to build the software we market and to lead our strategic initiatives.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cuttlesoft?

We had developed an ambitious web and social media application which was almost a full-fledged platform. We were introducing the project at a high-profile trade show which would take place in mid-January 2015. Shortly before that, I’d become interested in building a mobile app, with as tight a budget and timeframe as possible. It was to be a weather-intelligence application. We didn’t have the time to facilitate this of our own accord.

Cuttlesoft had a strong competency in a mobile app framework called Ionic. It enabled us to use a single codebase and target both iOS and Android devices. I had previously had a bad experience with similar technologies so I was suspicious, but Cuttlesoft was professional and articulate in explaining why Ionic would be probably my only hope of targeting both iOS and Android in such a short amount of time.

I was responsible for building the backend. Cuttlesoft had to work with the backends and the data-procurement teams on our side, as well as with my frontend designer. I was impressed with their ability to figure this out and blend with our respective personalities. My internal design resources also worked with Cuttlesoft on wireframing and prototyping.

The app displays data and images from one of our weather-stem sites. We go to schools or universities and set up weather and agricultural monitoring equipment and cameras. Many of the cameras have streaming components, serving live video from the site. I worked with Cuttlesoft in order to figure out how to do that in a mobile-app environment.

There was the added pressure of expectation of precision and accuracy. In an evolution of the app, what could be called a version-2, we added notifications to the platform. The original web app had been set up so that users could be notified of certain weather conditions like close lightning and excessive heat, via text messages or emails to a specified end-point. We wanted to have in-app notifications, and I was able to work with Cuttlesoft to engineer that. They took ownership of the code running on the device, around incoming notifications, and I worked on the backend on dispatching them via a third-party annotator.

We mostly communicated by email. I don’t know what the size of the team was, and I would never judge a company’s strength by the number of people it has. They get the job done, which is what I most care about.

How did you come to work with Cuttlesoft?

Someone whom I’d known for quite a while told me he’d worked with them, and that they did a great job. We set up a meeting and I introduced them to the high-level concepts of our platform. Cuttlesoft specified a proposal and budget and recognized that they would need to sacrifice a good deal of their Christmas holidays in order to fulfill it. They wanted to please me and my firm, helping us to have a mobile app component with the web-based software we would be introducing in January 2015.

The total expenditure to date has probably been in the low-6-figure range — more than $100,000, but less than $200,000.

We started working with Cuttlesoft in November 2014, and completed by the start of the trade show, in January 2015. However, we do also have ongoing work.

Cuttlesoft came up with an app that worked, with a little time to spare, and within the budget we discussed. They earned my respect, and I have continued to employ them as maintainers of the original mobile app.

The number of downloads and active users is in the tens of thousands — my guess is around 25,000.

How did Cuttlesoft perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve always preferred a more open-ended project management model, something along the lines of weekly check-ins during the development phase. Cuttlesoft seems to have wanted to move in the way of a more traditional project management workflow and sensed some pushback from me. They stepped back and worked in a flow which was comfortable for what I wanted: the maximum amount of information, with the minimum amount of needed touch points.

I was impressed by their willingness to not push things onto their clients and to adapt to the workflow and preferences of those clients. This adaptability is, I think, one of the most important aspects of longevity in their industry.

They get the job done, which is what it’s all about. Also important is how much money I spent, relative to my expectations. If the answers to those questions are negative, I will have a problem, but so far they’ve all been positive. My experience working with other companies has been mixed, but not with Cuttlesoft. They got the job done when they said they would, and I didn’t end up having to pay more than I expected.

Their response to issues is also impressive. Cuttlesoft made an incremental update to the program recently, which caused an issue. When the app was opening, all people were seeing was a white screen. I reached out to the principal on a Saturday, and they pushed out a new release that fixed the issue that afternoon. The way I run my business is service first, everything else second. Cuttlesoft seems to also epitomize this philosophy and mindset.

Cuttlesoft got a lot better at pitching new ways of doing things to me. They’re also more focused on the problem which needs to be solved, and on picking tools which are proven and reliable. Generally, they get the job done, have a lot of confidence, and are not afraid of stiff deadlines.

Overall Score Cuttlesoft does good work for me.

AWS Platform Software Dev for Non-Profit

"It's been really great working with them."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Cuttlesoft initially assisted with the move from a colocated environment to the AWS platform. They are currently assisting the team with technology advancement, specifically new ways of implementing the software development lifecycle.

Washington, DC
Greg Toland
IT Architect, Perinatal Quality Foundation

Cuttlesoft offered new tools and automation to improve the SDLC. They provide project management with weekly meetings and daily communication. The team collaborates well, using Slack, phone calls, web conferencing and emails to discuss projects. They are responsive, knowledgeable, and easy to work with.

I am the IT Architect at The Perinatal Quality Foundation. We are a small, non-profit company based out of Washington D.C. and Oklahoma City.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cuttlesoft?

We wanted Cuttlesoft to bring us to the forefront of technology. We were once at the forefront but became used to performing the same tasks in the same way. Additionally, we hired Cuttlesoft to bring us onto the AWS [Amazon Web Services] Platform.

In terms of bringing us to the forefront, they were showing us new ways of carrying out the software development lifecycle. As I said, we're small and it brought us more into a team environment.  Before, we were an IT shop of one member.  They were showing us new tools and automation in an effort to implement the SDLC [Software Development Life Cycle].

The decision to move to AWS was already made before the partnership with Cuttlesoft. I was looking at both the Azure and AWS platforms months before we hired Cuttlesoft, in fact, I had already started the process before they were brought in to help speed the process.

We weren't changing anything in terms of our development software, back-end database or the operating systems that we were running on.  It was more of moving away from the .NET Framework and into .NET Core. It was showing us different tools, and how some organizations were operating in 2017 as opposed to 2005.

The CEO Frank has always been involved which has been great. In addition, there are two technical staff members that I am involved with on a daily basis.

How did you come to work with Cuttlesoft?

That was a little bit of a crooked path. We had a consultant that was working for us in a statistical nature, and she had recommended a colleague to evaluate our current environment and make the necessary changes. The colleague in term mentioned Cuttlesoft.

A considerable amount for a non-profit.

The talks began around August 2016, and the work is ongoing.

We've made the switch to AWS for a series of websites and a few remain. There are no hard metrics to provide at this time.

How did Cuttlesoft perform from a project management standpoint?

We meet with Cuttlesoft on a weekly basis.  It is a very close relationship. I'm in communication with their team every day and we work together on what is needed. I've had no issues with Cuttlesoft.  They have been very responsive and their strength is clear, up front communication. It has been a pleasure working with them.

The majority of the communication is performed through Slack, with around 5% through email and 25-30% through phone calls. Usually, issues start off on Slack and then move to phone conversations or web conferencing for collaboration.

If I had to pick two words that immediately come to mind, they would be responsive and knowledgeable.

I cannot think of anything at the moment. It would have been the same if I had to do it all over again.

It's not their fault, it is just the unknowns.
    I would say that we're really getting the same pricing as a commercial vendor, whereas a lot of companies have nonprofit pricing. I don't think there's any nonprofit pricing, and as a nonprofit, you want high quality but at a lower cost.
    In terms of deliverables, some things get pushed to the following week because they're taking longer than anticipated.
    It's been great, they are very responsive, morning, noon and night; weekday and weekends, it doesn't matter. If I reach out, I know I’ll get a response.

Web Crawler Development for Analytics Project

"I was impressed with the speed and simplicity of the solution."

Jan. - Apr. 2016

Cuttlesoft was responsible for developing a web crawler that could gather data from various websites and compile that information into a standard format.

Yuh-Mei Hutt
President, Golden Lighting

Cuttlesoft's team was able to manage through phone calls and emails due to the simplicity of the project. While there was some initial miscommunication about the billing structure, Cuttlesoft still delivered a successful pilot, which lead to an imminent expansion in their role.

Golden Lighting, a manufacturer of residential light fixtures that sells to lighting retailers all across North America. I am the president of Golden Lighting.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cuttlesoft?

Designed a web crawler to gather data from various sites.

Prefer to keep confidential.

Through reputation and a recommendation from my professional network.

They created a simple script to crawl websites and compiled the information in a standardized format for my team to run analytics.

Frank gathered my requirements and submitted the work. I'm unsure if he assigned it to someone else, or produced it himself.

Prefer to keep confidential.

The project was simple and managed through a few short calls and emails. We expanded the scope upon completion of a successful pilot.

I was impressed with the speed and simplicity of the solution.

Billing was not discussed upfront. I was sent a bill that was noted "30 days" for payment. If they wanted quicker payment, then they can change the billing terms upfront. They would not release the software until the check cleared. I'm sure that if I had a longer and more established relationship with them, this would not have been an issue.

Platform Integration for Big Data Startup

“Cuttlesoft helped us deliver an integrated platform that exceeded our clients’ expectations.”

Apr. - Aug. 2016

As a third-party vendor, Cuttlesoft led the integration of a big data platform with data visualization software.

David Lawson
Co-Founder & CEO, NewSci, LLC

The integrated platform surpassed expectations, thanks to Cuttlesoft’s niche expertise and keen understanding of project goals. Their solid project management and cost-effective pricing set them apart in the industry.

I am the co-founder and CEO of a company that provides insights as a service to the education, healthcare, social, and public sectors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cuttlesoft?

We needed to rapidly develop a secure interface between our big data platform and Tableau.

Our goal was to seamlessly integrate our platform with data visualization software.

I knew Cuttlesoft’s founders. I was also familiar with their work for other companies.

The Cuttlesoft team met with our team to obtain the technical specifications of our platform and the needs of our clients. They then drafted a proposed solution and began the rapid development of the interface.  The project was delivered on time and within our budget.

We worked with three people, including Cuttlesoft’s CEO.

The project was well managed, both from a functionality and cost standpoint.

I was impressed with their ability to quickly grasp both the project’s functional aspects and our clients’ needs.

No, nothing comes to mind.

Bronze