ROCK SOLID. SOUL TOUCHING.

Cult of Coders is a Romanian company born in 2015 from a noble affinity for coding. With the sole purpose to make a difference in the software development world we carefully craft web & mobile apps with love and passion.

Our biggest dream is to become one of the top software companies in Eastern Europe, and what better way to achieve this dream if not by helping others achieve their dreams.

We usually let our work do the talking. So, let’s see, how can we better help you bring your dreams to life?

Iasi, Romania

Dimmi

Dimmi has the purpose to track and facilitate decision taking process using a decision matrix logic when comparing options against different criteria.

Leverage.Capital

Leverage.Capital allows clients to provide a competitive advantage when dealing with the issues and complexities associated with completing assignments.

Due diligence tracking is an essential step towards closing, but it can be time consuming and an organizational challenge.Leverage.Capital replaces and improves upon traditional due diligence tracking methods (e.g. spreadsheets), while automating a number of

processes and providing several benefits for everyone involved without significantly adjusting existing workflow. Leverage.Capital increases the certainty of execution, saves time and improves communication. Being given the fact that this is a software, it reduces human error, provides vendor analytics and a searchable database, and also provides everyone involved with the best opportunity to close as efficiently as possible.

Geld fur Flug

Cancel a flight without a fuss: Save time and money with Geld-für-Flug.de

Geld-für-Flug.de makes cancelling your flights easy. No matter if you wish to cancel with Ryanair or wish to cancel with another airline such as British Airways: with us, receiving your money for your flight is straightforward and time-efficient.

Paperwork Tracking Web App Dev for Real Estate Financial Solution

"This is more than just a job for them, it's an opportunity to build something together with staying power."

July 2017 - Sept. 2018

Cult of Coders developed a web application to streamline paperwork tracking. Following their design and development, they uploaded the app to a server.

John DeLeon
Principal, Leverage.Capital

Their successful delivery generated enough customer confidence to inspire a long-term development partnership. Cult of Coders offers effective and flexible management, and they're easily accessible at various times of day. They take ownership of their projects' viability.

Leverage.Capital tracks closing due diligence without annoying follow-ups for the commercial real estate finance industry. I'm a principal overseeing the operation.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cult of Coders?

Cult of Coders was hired to collaborate on the creation of a new web app that streamlines an antiqued industry practice of tracking required lender paperwork.

The goal was to make a commercially successful product that would minimize the chances of a deal falling through late by serving both people who work on closing due diligence regularly and others who monitor their clients' closings.

I did an exhaustive search before choosing Cult of Coders. The process helped me feel confident in the decision and the results ultimately proved that out. This was before I knew about Clutch.co, which would have been a helpful tool.

I first spoke to a few trusted Southern California connections about the project I had in mind and they advised on what they believed would be the best framework for the build. Next, I researched the suggested Meteor framework and found a worldwide directory of official Meteor partners on their website. This was a great directory for researching relevant companies, checking out their websites, and ultimately contacting my relatively short list of the development groups that I thought would be the best fit.

I started conversations by reaching out through the Contact Us section of the websites I visited and presented a brief description of the project I had in mind as well as some documentation I'd put together in terms of homemade wireframes, common workflows, use cases, etc. After hundreds of emails and dozens of Skype calls with potential partners around the world it became clear that Cult of Coders was the best choice.

There's a lot to consider when making this type of decision including cost, responsiveness, work style, etc. but to me what really separated Cult of Coders from the close to one hundred other firms I considered is that from the very beginning they made an effort to really understand my project and made valuable suggestions before we even began our engagement. Even from the very beginning, they demonstrated that in some ways they understood my idea better than I did and leveraged their years of experience to bring up avoidable missteps.

I have extremely limited technical knowledge and that's why it was essential that I hire a group that could handle the entire spectrum from backend to frontend, servers, design, etc. Fortunately, that's what I found with Cult of Coders. I can speak from experience that in the past I had unsuccessfully tried to get projects off the group with a less comprehensive development team and regularly ran into numerous frustrations.

While the team working on my project evolved over time, there was a core group throughout the process. I primarily interfaced with a couple of project managers.

The most telling thing that I can say about the results of this project is that when I later had a need to build a new unrelated project, Cult of Coders was the only company I spoke to before engaging in a new web app.

The project management was effective and flexible depending on what was going on. Weekly Skype calls, regular emails, and a proprietary project management system created a lot of transparency while facilitating an efficient build. I'm in California and Cult of Coders is in Eastern Europe, but I did not find the time zone difference or the fact that I only speak English to be problems.

The fact that they were able to successfully navigate the technical challenges that I've seen talented local developers struggle with speaks to their technical expertise. Beyond technical acumen, what most impressed me was how vested they've been in the longterm success of the projects. This is more than just a job for them, it's an opportunity to build something together with staying power.

I'm sure there are other technically capable groups out there when it comes to completing this type of project, but I most appreciated that Cult of Coders is fair, reasonable, trustworthy, and invested in my success.

This group is great at foreseeing and avoiding potential problems. I believe they are always looking to improve their team, process, methods, communication, etc. and it showed over time in improvements in every aspect.

Overall Score Building software is an inherently challenging experience, but there is no group I'd rather go through the journey with.
    I never had any issues or complaints with scheduling despite a significant time zone difference. They were always responsive and helpful.
    Regardless of your budget value is always a consideration and I believe the value delivered far exceeded the cost.
    Technically, they executed everything I asked of them at a high level.
    I've worked with and interviewed many similar companies and in my experience no one matches the value, communication, and execution I experienced.

Custom Software Dev for Art Collection Consultancy

"The team gave us great advice to solve our problem and implemented it well."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Cult of Coders built management software for an art collection consultancy to help clients digitize and manage private collections. They used existing designs and supported the UI/UX. The project is ongoing.

Co-Founder, Private Art Collection Consultancy

The platform has launched and received positive feedback from stakeholders. Cult of Coders delivers top-notch development work—especially in new technologies—and provides high-quality support. The collaboration has evolved and improved over time thanks to the team's penchant for problem-solving.

We help collectors digitize, manage and present their collections.

For what projects/services did your company hire Cult of Coders?

We had an original idea to combine collection management software and open it up to the rest of the world for the first time with the integration of a social network.

Our goal was to find a company to apply our own designs and create a flawless platform for our members to use.

We thought they had a great attitude and a lot of knowledge. We were their first client. Over the years we have developed a relationship that is hard to be replaced.

They coded the platform according to our designs and later on the project provided UI/UX support as well.

We had different needs over the years and the team size changed many times.

We have a fantastic platform that receives praise from everyone and is respected all over the world. We are thankful.

Project management has gotten better over the years. As mentioned we were the first client, so we have seen the company's whole evolution process.

They were able to provide us a key technology, an encryption that keeps sensitive information only accessible to the users themselves. The team gave us great advice to solve our problem and implemented it well.

They have a great team.

Web Dev for Legal Claims Company

“Everything is working well, and the project was a success.”

2017 - 2018

Cult of Coders provided software development services, building software in the Meteor framework. They worked alongside internal resources who took care of the creative aspects of the project.

Frankfurt, Germany
Benedikt Quarch
CEO, RightNow Group

The finished software launched successfully and was well-received by its user base. The project management improved throughout the work, with an effective manager overseeing the scope and managing the sprints. The team is experienced and able to produce reliable deliverables.

I’m the CEO of RightNow Group, a consumer and legal tech startup. We buy consumer claims and process them automatically, in and out of court.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cult of Coders?

We rely on our IT infrastructure, as we buy claims from consumers and automatically process them in our settlement. We had some specific software issues around buying the claims and building the software for processing them. Cult of Coders was an addition to our internal IT team.

They were involved mainly in the development process, with some input in the creative side, though that was largely done internally. They coded the software for processing claims, working in the Meteor framework. Initially, they worked alone, until we introduced our internal IT team to work with them in parallel. We still go to them with specific projects, but almost everything is done by us internally now.

We worked with Theodor (CEO, Cult of Coders). We have a good business relationship with him, and he has good IT experience. I’ve also worked with one of their developers. They have a good team and company culture, and they’re also very knowledgeable.

How did you come to work with Cult of Coders?

We heard of them by chance, through a connection. We chose them because we thought they worked professionally, with skilled coders and good prices.

We spent €80,000–€100,000 (approximately $90,000–$112,500 USD).

We worked with them on this project from fall 2017–fall 2018. We’ve continued with some specific projects after that and are still working with them.

We’ve launched the new software, especially with the lawyers we’re working with on processing the claims. Everything is working well, and the project was a success.

How did Cult of Coders perform from a project management standpoint?

The beginning was a bit chaotic, but they installed a project manager who did his job very well. We used some software tools, working in sprints and had weekly check-ins, which worked very well. The project manager had a good overview of the work.

They’re a good team, and we can rely on everyone there. Their organization is very good, and Theodor is very experienced—it’s great to do business with him.

There’s some room for improvement on the project management side in terms of determining the structure of the work, especially at the beginning of a project. They also assigned some very young developers, so focusing a bit more on the experience level of the resources is another thing to improve.

It’s important to have transparent communication and focus on the structure of the project. Theodor should be involved in the beginning.

Development Support for Consumer Technology Startup

“They’re smart and offer strong suggestions but also know how to adapt once we make a firm decision.”

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Cult of Coders is providing development support to launch a new consumer-facing digital solution. They’re mainly working on multiple code bases, assisting with the mobile app, website, and browser extensions.

New York City, New York
CTO, Consumer Facing App Startup

Proactive and methodical, Cult of Coders is fully invested in their work. They’re diligent in informing internal teams when issues arise and have proven capable of resolving challenges independently. Furthermore, they’re able to pivot their approach and bandwidth to accommodate project needs.

I’m the CTO and chief product officer (CPO) for an emerging startup. We’re launching our flagship product as we speak.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cult of Coders?

In order to release our product, we needed to simultaneously write and launch several code bases. This included code for our mobile apps, web site, browser extension, and self-service portal. Cult of Coders joined our project to support our development efforts, working in conjunction with 3–4 other teams.

Cult of Coders is helping us develop a consumer-facing digital solution. At the moment, they’re working on our code base in addition to some of the ancillary tasks such as the design and design review. The code base is mostly in Node.js, and they use React Native for our mobile app and Chrome extension.

The team consists of about 11–12 resources. They’ve assigned a project manager, but I also interact with individual developers as needed.

How did you come to work with Cult of Coders?

I originally tracked down Cult of Coders through some of their previous work. The solutions were impressive, and we ended up collaborating on a project together. It was a natural choice to bring them on again for this engagement.

We’ve spent between $25,000–$50,000 thus far.

Their work started in December 2018 and is ongoing.

We’ve received positive feedback on Cult of Coders’ work from a closed group and have thoroughly enjoyed working with their team.

How did Cult of Coders perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management point of view, they've been pretty nimble. The team is process-driven, adopting a practical development model that combines my needs and how I’d like the process to work with their recommendations. There have been a couple of times when we've either had to change focus or had more momentum in one way or another. In those cases, they've been great at swinging resources in and out to focus on where we needed to be. We use Jira and a few other tools to track their work.

I appreciate that they’re opinionated and pragmatic without being high-bound. When we encounter problems, they care enough about our project to come up with a holistic solution. This is possible because they understand why they’re doing what they’re doing, which allows them to exercise decent judgment.

I’ve worked with development shops in the past that only focus on execution. By the end of the project, I’d see that there were issues along the way, but they didn’t inform us nor resolve them. Cult of Coders is different. They’re smart and offer strong suggestions but also know how to adapt once we make a firm decision.

No, I don’t have anything to add. I give them feedback all the time, and they’re good about sourcing expertise in areas where they’re not familiar.

Be sure to allocate enough time to decide on your requirements before starting the project. For us, I wish that they would’ve pushed back a bit more on the start date until we had everything in place. At times, they’ve been ahead of me in terms of the requirements, which is good, but they could’ve pressed me to follow best practices.

They're very cognizant of my budget and are quite proactive.
    I've already referred them.

Customer Portal Dev and Support for Shared Workspace Company

“Cult of Coders works at an incredible velocity.”

May 2018 - Ongoing

Cult of Coders has fixed performance issues and provided support on a Meteor customer portal. They have developed internal administrative tools. Currently, they are working on a new billing service.

New York City Metro Area
Senior Product Manager, Co-Working Space Collective

Utilizing their Meteor expertise, Cult of Coders has enhanced performance and delivered valuable functionalities. Their team is committed to the highest quality results. Customers can expect an offshore partner that is responsive and timely.

I’m a senior product manager at a co-working space collective and social club.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cult of Coders?

Our website’s member portal was experiencing massive outages. However, our in-house team was not familiar with Meteor, the web framework used to build the portal. We needed to outsource portal support and development to Meteor experts.

Cult of Coders fixed performance problems in our customer portal. Since this initial project, they have provided backend system support and maintenance. They have worked on internal administrative tools that help us manage our co-working spaces and social clubs. Currently, they’re developing a new billing service.

We have engaged with Theo (Co-Founder, Cult of Coders). We also work with Ciprian, Tudor, and George (Backend Developers, Cult of Coders). Ciprian is the lead engineer and oversees Tudor and George.

How did you come to work with Cult of Coders?

Another agency we were working with recommended Cult of Coders.

My company engaged Cult of Coders in May 2018, and our partnership is ongoing. We plan to work with them through the end of 2019, if not for longer.

Cult of Coders’s deep understanding of Meteor allowed them to resolve massive performance issues within our system quickly and efficiently. The billing service they are currently developing is a critical component of our business.

How did Cult of Coders perform from a project management standpoint?

Theo played a large part in setting up our partnership and rectifying the portal’s performance issues. Our project manager works with the Cult of Coders engineers, who have become an extension of our internal product team. They join all of our sprint planning and roadmap meetings, demos, and daily standups. We use Jira to organize our tasks and GitHub to collaborate on software development. We communicate via Slack, Google Hangouts, and email. Theo has helped with SOW management and resourcing.

Cult of Coders works at an incredible velocity. They ensure our infrastructure supports new initiatives and spaces through efficient sprint performances. Unlike other development agencies we have worked with, Cult of Coders has adapted to our culture and processes. Their team has become very tied to our core business. They have internalized the meaning of our work and are committed to fixing the problems our members and users face.

Theo was a core contributor to the Meteor open-source framework; as such, he and his team are extremely knowledgeable and have many helpful contacts within the Meteor community.

The team is incredibly adept in engineering and building. However, they could benefit from more internal management and administrative systems.

Provide context and expectations early in the engagement and integrate Cult of Coders with internal teams. Also, it is worth noting that Cult of Coders is an offshore vendor, but any adjustments that must be made are reasonable and worthwhile.

There’s no perfect system when it comes to planning engineering work, but they are very good at planning things early and understanding priorities.
    They provided amazing value for money.
    They are excellent engineers.