Crystal Pyramid Productions: Video since 1981

San Diego Video Production Company, Crystal Pyramid Productions, has delivered hundreds of award-winning video productions to our Broadcast and Corporate clients in San Diego since 1981. We are San Diego’s longest-standing Video Production House. Call now–(619) 644-3000

Not only are we a full-service video production company and owner-operators of state-of-the-art equipment – including HD to 4K camera systems, sound,teleprompters, lighting and grip gear here at our Studio & Green screen – we are accomplished story-tellers.

Our Newest acquisition is the Sony FS7 II camera and Convergent Designs Odyssey 7Q+ monitor/recorder with Apollo option.  This system delivers revolutionary high-production quality to your video project.  We also have state-of-the-art Virtual Reality equipment for all your VR and AR (Augmented Reality) video production needs.

Our DPs/Camera Operators, Producers, Sound Mixers, Editors, Teleprompter Operators, Grips and Gaffers will travel to your location in San Diego County and beyond.  We provide all the necessary Broadcast Video Production Equipment, Audio and Lighting Gear to tell your story and highlight your services or products online. Or come into our Studio.

We specialize in Interviews, B-Roll, Green Screen, Corporate Training & Internet Web Videos.  We also cover Conventions, Seminars and Corporate Events.  We have produced dozens of  Product Demo Programs, TV Ads, Television Commercials, Infomercials, Multimedia Productions, Live Web-Casts & Streaming.  We can additionally provide Film, Animation, Teleprompting, Video Editing, PAL Video and more. We offer Full- and Half-Day rates and are available 24/7.

For the best in San Diego Video Production Services, Expert Crews and High-End Broadcast Equipment, call 619-644-3000

1981
San Diego, CA
  • 7323 Rondel Ct
    San Diego, CA 92119

Comic-con-San Diego,NetFlix,Inside Edition,Pfizer,Entertainment Tonight & Insider,Novartis, EXTRA, ABC,F.D.A.,Procter & Gamble,GlaxoSmithKliene, A & E,Maxim, E! Entertainment,Qualcomm,IBM,UPS & MBE,Oprah & DR. Phil,Dreamworks,Mattel,Miller, Merck,Intel,Denny's,Microsoft,Dupont,Mastercard,Budweiser,Federal Express,HBO Sports,The American Red Cross,Discovery Channel (Canada),Tonight Show, Fox Sports TV,PUMA, Allied Waste,VA & Many Foreign companies needing PAL +.

Crystal Pyramid Productions 2018 Demo reel featuring broadcast and corporate clips from San Diego video shoots

Video Production for a Law Office

"The team is upbeat and they care about our work."

May 2007 - Ongoing

Crystal Pyramid shot and edited video, which they packaged for local news broadcast. The scope has expanded to include photography, video testimonials, production, and editing.

San Diego, California
Sean Simpson
Trial Lawyer, Simpson Law Group

The team worked on short notice and complied with strict requirements to create a successful and highly visible video. They have leveraged their expertise and communication skills to create high-quality work. The deliverables have earned positive feedback from internal stakeholders for their value.

I’m a senior trial lawyer with Simpson Law Group, a national law firm with a focus on personal injury suits.

What challenge were you trying to address with Crystal Pyramid Productions?

We needed them to capture our clients’ testimonials on video.

We needed a crew to film the closing argument in a notable case. Crystal Pyramid Productions set up their equipment in the courtroom and followed the rule of keeping the jury offscreen. They edited the video and improved voice audio quality. They then delivered the courtroom video to news stations for broadcast. I’ve since contracted with them to create video interviews of me and testimonials of our clients along with event photography.

I worked with a three-person team in the courtroom. Mark (CEO, Crystal Pyramid Productions) was my main point of contact. A technician arranged the equipment and set up the wiring.

How did you come to work with Crystal Pyramid Productions?

I was unable to contact any news stations for coverage and I decided to hire a freelancer. I considered some other firms, but I was impressed by Crystal Pyramid Productions’ interest in the community. They responded quickly and made themselves available the next day. The team showed they were willing to go the extra mile to take on a new project.

The total cost of our engagement is $30,000–$40,000.

We’ve been in an ongoing partnership with Crystal Pyramid Productions since May 2007.

The engagement has been valuable and worthwhile. Crystal Pyramid Productions proved adept at working within the confines of the courtroom. They also photographed our staff during our Christmas party and created a montage of group photos. That received positive feedback and helped our business.

How did Crystal Pyramid Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They do a good job on short notice. Their scheduling fits my own business model; I sometimes take a case Friday that starts trial the following Monday. They also allow me to work with them during editing.

They have no issue matching my schedule and they are committed to hands-on assistance. They’re our preferred vendor for photo and video because the team is suited to more creative projects. The team is upbeat and they care about our work. I was impressed by their technical capabilities in the courtroom because they set up quickly and worked within a limited space.

I don’t have any criticisms. However, I wish I knew enough about video to provide more input.

Clients shouldn’t hesitate to get involved. Let them do their stuff, instead of micromanaging them.

Overall Score I look forward to more opportunities with them. They’re fun.
    That was what most impressed me.

Video Production for Audio Visual Rental Copmany

“They’re experienced, willing to get creative, and have a great attention to detail.”

2002 - 2017

Crystal Pyramid has produced and edited a dozen of videos for third-party clients. They also resolved technical issues, such as lighting challenges.

San Diego, California
Chris Roberts
CEO, AV San Diego

The internal team is happy with the results. Experienced and reliable, Crystal Pyramid went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their excellent communication skills and affordable rates contributed to the ongoing relationship.

I'm the owner of an audiovisual rental company. We rent audio and visual gear and provide services to companies that are having meetings in hotels and other venues.

What challenge were you trying to address with Crystal Pyramid?

We needed a company to shoot and edit videos for our clients.

We've worked on about a dozen of projects with them. They usually spend a day or several days recording an event and then edit the clips, adding graphics when necessary.

I usually work with Mark (owner/video producer, Crystal Pyramid Productions) and Patty (co-owner/video producer, Crystal Pyramid Productions), who always have time for me when I need their services.

How did you come to work with them?

I met Mark through the local chamber of commerce. I was considering other companies as well, but Crystal Pyramid seemed to have more experience, so I chose them.

I spent between $12,000–$15,000.

I started working with them in 2002 and we completed our most recent project in 2017.

They've been more than just videographers who can record an event on camera. They know how to fix the lighting issues and other things, which goes beyond simple recording.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're both great communicators, so we haven't had any issues.

I can't think of anything.

Explain your project thoroughly so that they know what they're trying to accomplish.

They always meet their deadlines.
    The price was just right.
    They're great at addressing any challenges that come up, such as lighting, and have excellent attention to detail.
    I'd absolutely recommend them.

Video Production for Financial Advisory Firm

“They’re knowledgeable and professional. The video was made well and came together nicely.”

Crystal Pyramid produced a short video, doing all of the filming and editing. They didn’t write the script but did make a few changes. They used both green screen technology and stock footage.

Martin Shapiro
Owner, Martin Shapiro Insurance and Financial Services

Crystal Pyramid produced a higher-quality product for less money than what other similar firms offered. They worked quickly and efficiently, finishing the project 2­–3 weeks ahead of schedule. The video was exactly as requested and has received positive feedback.

I’m the owner of Martin Shapiro Insurance and Financial Services. We work with business owners, high net worth individuals, and a variety of professionals to help with retirement, benefit, and other financial plans.

What challenge were you trying to address with Crystal Pyramid Productions?

I wanted to make a video for our website that people could watch to get to know me better.

Crystal Pyramid made a single video. I provided a script and delivered somewhat of a monologue in front of a green screen, and they filmed, edited, and produced the entire video. The whole thing is about four minutes long.

I worked with two people from Crystal Pyramid.

How did you come to work with Crystal Pyramid Productions?

They’ve been my client for a while. When I decided I needed a video, I considered them and a few other companies that approached me. However, Crystal Pyramid had higher-quality products and cost a fraction of the other companies, so I went with them.

We worked on this project in 2010.

We don’t run analytics on our website, so I don’t have any quantifiable evidence. The video received a lot of positive feedback from my clients, though. Most of my business is word of mouth, and I know the video helps legitimize me for people who don’t know me personally.

They’re great at project management and delivered everything 2–3 weeks before the deadline. They finished the product as discussed, and we had no issues throughout the entire engagement.

They’re knowledgeable and professional. The video was made well and came together nicely. I only had to spend about two hours in front of the camera, and they did everything else.

Overall Score They’re easy to work with and have a wealth of knowledge and experience. They rival any production firm in the country.
    Everything was on time, and they were easy to schedule with.
    Crystal Pyramid made a superior product for a fraction of the price that other firms charged.
    They exceeded my expectations.
    I've referred them for years.

Video Production for Film Studio

“We're so happy with their work that we continue to hire them whenever we need a vendor in San Diego.”

July 2012 - July 2017

Crystal Pyramid works on various film projects in San Diego as needed, providing camera equipment, production, planning, and post-production services.

Owner, Film Studio

Crystal Pyramid brings lots of experience and high-quality production services to the table on every project. Proactive, organized, and timely in their approach, working with their team continues to be a pleasure and seamless process each time.

I the CEO of a film company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Crystal Pyramid Productions?

We needed additional film production help for some projects we had in the San Diego area.

Crystal Pyramid helped us complete four or five projects in San Diego by providing additional event production and filming support, including camera equipment and post-production services. They were also involved in the creative planning of projects as needed.

I usually work with about two people on their team who coordinate with other staff.

How did you come to work with Crystal Pyramid Productions?

They were referred to me from another company we work with.

We've invested more than $10,000 over the course the engagement.

We first worked with them in July 2012, and our most recent project with them was completed around July 2017.

Crystal Pyramid provides high-quality production services. We're so happy with their work that we continue to hire them whenever we need a vendor in San Diego.

They're great at managing their work and getting tasks done on time; I don't have to micromanage them at all.

They bring many decade's worth of experience to the table, which is evident in the work they produce.

Be clear and straightforward with your project goals, and try to provide them with as much information as possible.

Overall Score They've been great to work with across the board.
    They get everything done on time without needing reminders.
    There are no hidden costs in their fees.
    They deliver on their promises.
    We've had nothing but good results, so I'd definitely recommend them.