All ideas are special

Crysberry provides R&D and Staff Augmentation Services for VR, AR, Games, Native Mobile. Our clients are from Education, Entertainment, and Enterprise areas.

R&D empowers our clients with such essential things for the early stages of the product life cycle, as a prototype and MVP followed by a full-fledged solution.

Recruiting Services provided by our company enable us to effectively set up development teams and deliver Staff Augmentation. Our clients get access to 160k+ of seasoned IT experts who carry out product development orchestrated by a client.

Our mission is to translate creative business ideas into the products that help people, society, and our planet.

The core principles in the partnership we stick to:

- risk examination before development;

- fast on-boarding;

- cost efficiency;

- transparent communication;

- rapid reaction and issues solving.

Crysberry’s headquarter is located in Canada, and the R&D center is based in Ukraine.

Vancouver, Canada
  • Hoholya str
    Kharkiv 61000
    Ukraine

We work with international projects from all over the globe and are proud to have happy clients in the USA, Canada, UK, and Australia as well as other countries from all over the world. Our key clients are mid-size companies in such industries as Entertainment, Education, and Marketing.  Kantar Retail Arkadium Inc Kitco Inc MoneyFish Games Satbeams SPRL and many others.
EventHorizon Image

EventHorizon

Meet the whole Universe at our Unity3D fulldome real-time environment, created for our client Fulldome Film Society. We are currently creating visualization and simulation of all known Universe, based on the latest scientific data, for planetariums. This product is created along with the iPad application that allows controlling show by any lecturer.

Money Fish Image

Money Fish

Test your wits and reflexes in a hunt for fish along the wild Alaska seacoast!
Becoming a highliner fisherman in this environment takes sharp observation, quick thinking, and expert boat handling.

MoneyFish challenges and builds your skills to reward you with the kind of excitement that only setting your net around a big school of fish can bring.

Gold Live! Image

Gold Live!

This application was made for Android and iOs platforms. Gold Live! helps you to have the latest news about the metal market.

Satbeams Image

Satbeams

TapTiles Image

TapTiles

Kantar Retail Image

Kantar Retail

Mobile App Dev for Swedish Investment Firm

"We had to redo everything."

1.5

Nov. 2017 - Mar. 2018

Crysberry were hired to work on an Android and iOS video mobile application, and instructed to ensure it was scalable for up to 1 million users.

Stockholm, Sweden
Gustaf Hegelund
Co-Founder, Shoutaway Invest AB

None of the work was completed to the agreed timetable and, once delivered, the app was extremely poor quality; crashing after just 2,000 downloads and with multiple errors. The team responded badly to requests to fix anything, stating that they had received their payment and completed it.

Shoutaway Invest AB is a Swedish company. I'm a co-founder and the chairman of the board. We’ve developed an app, and hired Crysberry as one of our suppliers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Crysberry?

We wanted to develop an app together. It’s similar to Vine, which was used for creating funny videos. After Vine shut down a year ago, we're trying to make a follow-up to that app, called V2. We hired them to develop the app for us, both for Android and iOS.

We wrote a clear specification and agreement; it was a product specification on exactly what we wanted delivering from Crysberry, including deadlines.

They came to us in Stockholm and from here they completed around 80% of the work, or at least so we thought. Everything was quite delayed, by 3–4 weeks, and they said that they wanted to go home. We had paid for their accommodation in Stockholm, but the costs were starting to become very large for us. They suggested going back to Ukraine and finishing from there. We said agreed and, after a couple of weeks, they told us everything was 100% finished, and the iOS and Android app should work perfectly.

We paid them everything we’d agreed upon, thinking in good faith that it was launchable. The moment we launched, we realized that it wasn’t working. Error messages popped up everywhere and it was a big mess.

I called them and told them that it wasn’t working at all, and that they had to do something. However, the second they had got their money, they were done with us, even though the product wasn't usable or scalable.

I worked with Alex (CEO, Crysberry), who served as project leader. He was in charge of everything, both the agreements and the development.

How did you come to work with Crysberry?

We found them on Clutch. They're a Ukrainian firm, and we’re based in Sweden. We hired them because there are supposed to be cheaper prices for developers in Ukraine.

Adding up everything, the project cost was around $45,000–$50,000.

We started working with them in November 2017 and ended the collaboration around March 2018.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

One of the things we were clear about in the agreement was that the app should be scalable, meaning that it would be able to carry a lot of users simultaneously. When we launched it to the app stores and started to get downloads—we got around 100,000 within 3–4 days—the app crashed at around 2,000 users, which is a very small user base. We had specified in the agreement that the app was supposed to hold around a million users, and it was supposed to be scalable. They must have known that it wasn’t.

My co-founder suggested that we hire another development firm to fix the app. When that group started looking at the code that Crysberry had developed—not only on the backend, but the frontend too—they said that everything was poorly written, and we had to redo everything from scratch. We’d worked with them for two months, and we paid for their visas, flight tickets, and work, but they did a terrible job, basically. We had to redo everything, so our costs became twice as high, and we wasted a lot of time and money. We're dissatisfied with Crysberry.

How was project management handled?

They also missed deadlines; we were two months late with everything, which is quite a lot. We had agreements in place, but they didn’t care about those; their approach was “We’re in Ukraine, you’re in Sweden, so sue us if you want, but it’s never going to work.”. I don’t even know how to start a legal process against a company from Ukraine.

The only thing I said was “Either you fix the servers, and redo everything, or repay some of the money we paid you, so we can hire someone else to finish the work you never delivered”, but they were unwilling to do that, so I said I would give them a poor review As we found Crysberry through Clutch.co, where they had good reviews, I realized that a lot of other companies might also find them in the same way.

Is there anything that the vendor did well or that you would consider a strength?

In what specific areas can they improve?

Generally, I would say that they're dishonest. What annoyed me the most was the fact that when we paid them, they just left. We were stuck with nothing, and they took all the money.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

The only advice I have is, “don’t use them!”

0.5
    They missed the deadline by two months.

SDK for Digital Advertising Technology Firm

“They were quite thorough in making sure that we were happy with the final results.”

Dec. 2017 - Apr. 2018

Crysberry Studio built a software development kit to improve an existing solution. Their work enabled the program to function on mobile devices. They also helped create a demo version for sales purposes.

Houston, Texas
COO, Digital Ad Technology Firm

Crysberry Studio proactively engages development challenges and communicates potential improvements beyond the initial scope of work. They worked meticulously to deliver bug-free software that performs as expected. They operate with significant transparency and flexibility.

I’m the COO of a digital technology advertising firm. We deliver innovative advertising solutions that drive extreme value for advertisers, publishers, and consumers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Crysberry Studio LP?

We wanted to extend our existing advertising solution to be compatible with mobile devices. As a result, we needed a software development kit (SDK) built to support the solution on video-based mobile apps.

Crysberry Studio built the SDK we needed to accomplish our goals and provided supporting documentation for us to share with partners. They also helped develop a demo version our app that’s used as a sales tool to entice future clients.

They had 4–6 people working on our project. This included an account manager, various specialists, and a project manager that acted as our primary point of contact.

How did you come to work with Crysberry Studio LP?

They were recommended to me by a former colleague.

This project took place from December 2017­–April 2018. They provide support and maintenance as needed.

It’s too early to measure definitive statistics in relation to the product’s commercial success. However, the functionally and reliability of what they’ve developed is quite good. They quickly addressed all the challenges and bugs that occurred during the development process. They were quite thorough in making sure that we were happy with the final results.

How did Crysberry Studio LP perform from a project management standpoint?

They were quite flexible in scheduling meetings and were responsive whenever we needed them. We primarily interacted with them via Google Sheets and use Jira for project management.

Their communication skills are notable aspects of their performance. They’re persistent and proactive in trying to get the job done in a timely manner.

Slight improvements could’ve been made on both sides, but it was a good experience overall.

As with any project, make sure that whatever needs to be done is dictated and included within the scope. Their team is capable of working beyond the initial scope, but it’s still best to include as much information as possible from the start.

iOS Gaming App Dev for iPad

"There’s been some challenging work, but Crysberry is brilliant."

Dec 2015 - Ongoing

Crysberry Studio developed a mobile game for iOS. They are plans to build a version as well. They continue to provide app management services and build new features as needed.

Owner, Money Fish Gaming

The app has gotten positive user feedback. Crysberry's programming expertise, and ability to build a game exactly based on the creator's vision are excellend.

I am the owner and sole employee of Money Fish Games LLC. We have developed a mobile game with the same name

What challenge were you trying to address with Crysberry Studio?

I had a different developer initially, but it didn't work out. Crysberry Studio did the bulk of the work.

Crysberry Studio developed a mobile game which can be currently found on the Apple App Store. It will ultimately be available on Android as well. It’s a single player game designed to be played on the iPad, and it’s based on commercial fishing in Alaska. Once I developed a description, Crysberry came on to program the game objects.

My main point of contact was Alex Bulat, their co-founder. We spoke once a week or more, on average, through a Skype call. We also had numerous email exchanges. I don’t know what the size of the team was.

How did you come to work with Crysberry Studio?

Alex had a small group which was subcontracting work from Sigma Software Group, Ukraine. I started off developing the game with that company, and, once it was launched, it became clear that, because most of the work was being done by Alex’s group, and he formed Crysberry, it would make more sense to use them, than to stay with Sigma, in order to preserve the continuity, and because I was very satisfied with the work. It had been clear for me all along that I wanted Alex to develop the game with me.

It’s difficult to break out, but, between the work with Sigma and what Alex is doing now, we’re in the 6-figure range.

Alex and his team have been on the project from the beginning, on January 15th 2017. They converted to Crysberry at some point, but I’m not sure when. They continue to provide application management services, and build new features

The business results have been pretty modest at this point. We wanted to develop a contest format within the game, and went with a third-party which proved unsatisfactory. We are back to building our own contest format.

In terms of realizing my vision for the game, it’s been a complete success. This is due, in large part, to Alex and his team. The performance has been very smooth. The process of working with Crysberry involves launching the product with no major bugs or crashes. We’ve had a high degree of success in this sense.

The people who’ve used it like it, but, because the contest format was flawed, it’s been a difficult few months.

How did Crysberry Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

After they became Crysberry and formalized the company, the process has been excellent. They’re very good at building a budget and sticking to it. There haven’t been any significant time or language barriers. Whenever working with an offshore team where the native language is not English, we’ll have small problems, but there was nothing that would slow down the workflow. There are fewer cultural barriers between Ukraine and the US, than there are between us and India, for example.

Their programming ability. There’s been some challenging work, but Crysberry is brilliant.

Any improvement would be at an internal level for Crysberry. I’ve been happy with their work.

Do you have any advice for potential clients of Crysberry?

I have very little experience in this field. I am strictly a one-man-operation, and deal with hardly any companies at all. Crysberry is a very good value, and their work, at least from my experience, I have no reservations about recommending them, based on the quality. Their work and suggestions have made the game better than my original vision. I think they’re fantastic, and I want them to do well.

Overall Score They’ve done everything I’ve asked them to do on time. I’ve been very happy with the quality, and Crysberry is fun to work with.
    They’ve been great. I am the one who slows things down.
    They’re cheap and really good, which is why I’m more than happy to talk to Crysberry at odd hours, and so on.
    Every other outfit I’ve worked with in this sphere was nowhere near as good as Crysberry.
    I have seen other companies up-close, which used offshore programmers from India and other places. None came close to being as satisfactory as Alex and his group.

App Dev for Gaming Company

"Crysberry knew how to make a game, and have it be a fun experience."

Sept. – Dec. 2016

Crysberry rebuilt an existing Windows 8 game for Android, iOS, and Windows 10. They provided consultation on product enhancements and strategic developments as well.

Tom Rassweiler
VP of Content Reinvention, Arkadium

Rated 4.8 Stars on Android and 4.5 on Windows, a growing user base, and a near zero error rate, Crysberry delivered a quality rebuild. Their responsiveness was celebrated; they eliminated bugs quickly and displayed an understanding the goals for the product.

Our company builds games and interactives users and partners. I am the VP of our content reinvention team.

What challenge were you trying to address with Crysberry?

We wanted to rebuild an existing Windows 8 game for new platforms, namely Android, iOS, and Windows 10.

The game already existed, and we provided Crysberry access to the codebase and the artwork. Our artists helped support Crysberry's team on tweaking things and making new art assets.

Crysberry didn't contribute on the marketing side, but they provided consultation on product enhancements and strategic decisions. Their senior developer was involved in trying to find better alternatives for what we had on our first version.

We worked with a senior and a mid-level developer, as well as one part-time quality assurance resource from Crysberry.

How did you come to work with Crysberry?

We have a project manager in Kiev who participated on message boards with the developers in that area. She reached out to people, received some responses, and we interviewed some candidates. The cost was a factor, since we had a limited budget for the port, and didn't know how successful it would be for the company. We wanted a developer who was experienced with Unity, since we wanted to use the technology but didn't have any in-house experience with it. I was also looking for a group that could work autonomously and could be trusted to make good decisions without needing to be constantly managed.

How much have you invested with Crysberry?

The cost of Crysberry's work has been between $10,000 and $50,000.

We started working with Crysberry in September 2016. The first version of the game was launched in December.

Our Android rating has been incredible, with 4.8 stars. We have a 4.5 rating on Windows 10 and have many more users there since that's where our original user base was. The original version experienced frequent crashing. Based on an analysis of that, Crysberry was able to release another version quickly, cutting our error rate to almost nothing.

How did Crysberry perform from a project management standpoint?

Crysberry had an excellent performance. We didn't have a project manager, but the work was handled by Crysberry's senior developer, who was very responsive. Anytime I needed something, I could reach Crysberry's team on JIRA. We used a standard Agile development process, tracking a backlog and running weekly sprints. Everything was well structured.

What did you find most impressive about Crysberry?

It was Crysberry's level of responsiveness that impressed me the most. If we needed something done fast, or if a bug came up, they responded quickly. Crysberry understood the goal of our product and helped me trust that I didn't need to micromanage the team. Crysberry knew how to make a game, and have it be a fun experience. Alex, their senior developer, asked questions and came up with ideas about how we could make the game better. I trusted him to make the right decision, or very close to it so that I wouldn't have to keep monitoring their work.

Are there any areas Crysberry could improve?

I'm sure that everyone has things to improve, but for what I needed, Crysberry was excellent. We have periodically pushed release dates by a day or two, which was fine from my standpoint.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Crysberry?

Clients should communicate their goals and see what ideas Crysberry can come up with. They are experts in game development and the Unity framework, so collaborative dialogues are ideal.

Overall Score I've worked with many outsourcers who were very difficult. It's nice to have a group which we can trust to do a good job.
    They have a very good Agile development process for making sure that we receive a successful product in a reasonable amount of time.
    Crysberry is a cost-effective option compared to their excellent talent.
    Crysberry has delivered an excellent product in the schedule we expected.